Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Where can I find this spell importer script? I could definitely use it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Lamont I'll investigate tomorrow. Thanks for the screenshot. From a cursory glance it seems to be something in higher level. -1*1 is -1 which makes sense. Not sure why that is happening. I think it is for the flat bonus per level. I'll check tomorrow. @Kaelev: see the first post for a link to the script. Script has a npc importer and a spell importer.
Kryx said: @Lamont I'll investigate tomorrow. Thanks for the screenshot. From a cursory glance it seems to be something in higher level. -1*1 is -1 which makes sense. Not sure why that is happening. I think it is for the flat bonus per level. I'll check tomorrow. Ah, you helped me track it down, thanks. The player said she'd been trying to make the higher level stuff work but had trouble, so the "higher level query" option was clicked off. If I click it back on, it looks like there there is a "1" entered for Higher Level Heal Amount: If I remove the Higher Lvl Heal Amount value and click the "Query" option back off, the calculation looks correct again. I'm guessing but it looks maybe like the code isn't checking that Higher Lvl Query is disabled before trying to figure out how many "higher levels" there are?

Edited 1440545434
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yay, no bug in my code! The query is just the query. Higher level still changes things itself. They're meant to be toggled together or not at all. Unfortunately it could not be done in 1 toggle. :( Though it only breaks in this edge case of an edit being made and then higher level query being toggled off.
OK, I'm tracking you, and that makes sense. Thanks for the quick help!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sheet is now updated to the 23rd. :)
Two issues (on the 23rd one) The class actions tab. I cannot toggle it to page 2 anymore. The Skill query macros do not bring up anything that is toggled within a class action. They do however come up if rolled from the character sheet.

Edited 1440607338
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
(DM) Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: The class actions tab. I cannot toggle it to page 2 anymore. See&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2342448/general-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2342448/general-</a>... This is a roll20 bug that would be impossible to replicate. You can fix it as described there: Go into the attributes and remove any named "tab" There could be a 1-2 of them. The Skill query macros do not bring up anything that is toggled within a class action. They do however come up if rolled from the character sheet. This cannot be fixed as the class actions use {{NAME=EFFECT}} which breaks query macros.
Kryx said: (DM) Saevar L. "Liquid-Sonic" said: The class actions tab. I cannot toggle it to page 2 anymore. See&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2342448/general-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2342448/general-</a>... This is a roll20 bug that would be impossible to replicate. You can fix it as described there: Go into the attributes and remove any named "tab" There could be a 1-2 of them. This cannot be fixed as the class actions use {{NAME=EFFECT}} which breaks query macros. Thanks but deleting the tabs did not fix the issue at all. It still refuses to toggle the page 2 or show all tabs on the Class sheet. I will just have to manually go into the character sheet and set it to default for now it seems.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I understand now. You meant the class action page tabs. Aim to the left. I'll fix that asap.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
August 26th 2015 Fixed class action page tabs
Ah yes, I'm sorry if I was confusing! Thanks for the fix. I use it quite extensively so :)!
What is the issue with the red text when casting spells?
Johna W. said: What is the issue with the red text when casting spells? You have to click the toggle for longer, delete the text that's there and then turn off longer.&nbsp; Kryx said it'll be fixed in a future update.
So I noticed this happened after the recent fix. First Macro Code: Not in the same order any more and jumbled together. &{template:5eDefault} {{title=@{selected|token_name} w/ @{selected|weaptype1} vs @{target|token_name} }} {{weapon=1}} {{subheader=Melee Attack}} | {{subheaderright=Reach 5ft}} &{template:5eDefault} {{title=@{selected|token_name} w/ @{selected|weaptype1} vs @{target|token_name} }} {{weapon=1}} {{subheader=Melee Attack}} | {{subheaderright=Reach 5ft}} {{@{selected|weaptype1}=@{selected|weapatk1} | @{selected|weapatk1}}} {{damage=@{selected|weapdmg1} @{selected|weapdmgtype1}}} {{if crit=@{selected|weapcritdmg1}}} {{rollname=Sneak Attack:}} {{roll=If attack hits and in range of ally, **Sneak Attack** for an additional [[3d4]] **Piercing** damage.}} @{Bandit|classactioncustom1skill} {{@{selected|weaptype1}=@{selected|weapatk1} | @{selected|weapatk1}}} {{damage=@{selected|weapdmg1} @{selected|weapdmgtype1}}} {{if crit=@{selected|weapcritdmg1}}} @{Bandit|classactioncustom1skill} Second Macro Code: Works perfectly when not using rollname or roll in the macro. &{template:5eDefault} {{title=@{selected|token_name} w/ @{selected|weaptype2} vs @{target|token_name} }} {{weapon=1}} {{subheader=Melee Attack}} | {{subheaderright=Reach 10ft}} {{@{selected|weaptype2}=@{selected|weapatk2} | @{selected|weapatk2}}} {{damage=@{selected|weapdmg2} @{selected|weapdmgtype2}}} {{if crit=@{selected|weapcritdmg2}}} @{Bandit|classactioncustom1skill} The only difference is the use of rollname and roll.&nbsp; Before the update, it appeared in this order (which I was fine with): sneak attack (rollname & roll), weapon (attack), damage, crit.&nbsp; I'm using custom attributes in the character sheet by the way.&nbsp; Any ideas?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Why are you using custom stuff at all on the first one? Just use 2 normal weapons and have sneak attack be a class action.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Johna W. said: What is the issue with the red text when casting spells? From before: Added casting time toggle. You can now toggle spells based on their casting time. Spells default to "1 action", but can be changed to "1 reaction", "1 bonus action", "1 minute" or "longer" which allows for any input. The roll template will always show the new value. The old value will be shown for a time (with a red error to tell you to fix it), but it will be removed soon.
Kryx said: Why are you using custom stuff at all on the first one? Just use 2 normal weapons and have sneak attack be a class action. Just how I set up my NPC's.&nbsp; Quicker and easier for me when making macros.&nbsp; I use one sheet for for groups (bandits, pirates, goblins, etc.), add a few custom weapons, copy and paste the exact same macro from from another group and everything fills out perfectly, until now.&nbsp; It literally takes me a couple minutes to have a group of monsters set up and ready to go.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kaelev said: &nbsp;It literally takes me a couple minutes to have a group of monsters set up and ready to go. I have an importer that makes it even easier. Anyways, the summary is that half the attributes that you're using are the incorrect ones. Example: Crit is built in. No need to do it in a less optimal way. Use attack instead of naming your attack.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kaelev said: &nbsp;It literally takes me a couple minutes to have a group of monsters set up and ready to go. I have an importer that makes it even easier. Anyways, the summary is that half the attributes that you're using are the incorrect ones. Example: Crit is built in. No need to do it in a less optimal way. Use attack instead of naming your attack. If you're looking to make custom macros for you own purposes then a separate thread is probably best.
Kryx said: Kaelev said: &nbsp;It literally takes me a couple minutes to have a group of monsters set up and ready to go. I have an importer that makes it even easier. Anyways, the summary is that half the attributes that you're using are the incorrect ones. Example: Crit is built in. No need to do it in a less optimal way. Use attack instead of naming your attack. If you're looking to make custom macros for you own purposes then a separate thread is probably best. The reason I posted it here was because they were perfect last night (8/25), then there was an update I saw you post, then this happened.&nbsp; A player in my game is using the spell template from the wiki and his text is all jumbled up too.&nbsp; It just seems that the spacing for any text entered into emote, roll, or freetext has been lessened.

Edited 1440666217
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll templates were adjusted about 2 weeks ago to be how they currently are. Nothing has changed since then. (Last commit the 19th) Maybe you finally updated to the latest? Jumbled text: The text is slightly more compact. It wasn't purposeful, but then I liked it so I kept it. The issue you show only happens when there is a roll inside of a block of text. I noticed it before, but didn't focus too much on it. Here is an example without a roll inside text: I thought about editing it so inline rolls have less border when used inline text blocks, but that effects everything. I can think more on how to fix it.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
A personal 'fix'.
Getting errors from&nbsp;@{Selected|spell_cast_macro_options}? Whats the attribute pertaining too?

Edited 1440695138
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Are you on the very latest? I've removed that to slim down some attributes as more attributes = slower sheet. Can you be more specific what error is showing and when? EDIT: Forgot to remove the call to it. Fixt now.
Kewl Kewl. &nbsp;Ill keep you updated if I find anything else.
Kryx said: I thought about editing it so inline rolls have less border when used inline text blocks, but that effects everything. I can think more on how to fix it. So that is what is causing this issue where the inline roll is bleeding into the line above? It is not a big deal but I am noticing it with a few of my macros where I use the inline roll to highlight something. Anyone know a better way to highlight without using an inline roll? Some sort of markup? H
HLazar said: Kryx said: I thought about editing it so inline rolls have less border when used inline text blocks, but that effects everything. I can think more on how to fix it. So that is what is causing this issue where the inline roll is bleeding into the line above? It is not a big deal but I am noticing it with a few of my macros where I use the inline roll to highlight something. Anyone know a better way to highlight without using an inline roll? Some sort of markup? H A couple of my players are griping about it too. Crazy part is, all of them have spells to cast, so eventually when they all jump in on my Friday game, they're gonna be all "wtf did you do Kaelev?" Lol.&nbsp;

Edited 1440747678
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's on all roll templates, not just spells. It happened when I moved everything to use 100% line-height. 2 ways of fixing this: overwrite line height for the right column and descriptions will appear longer as before or try to find some alternative solution like outline.

Edited 1440948531
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
August 29th 2015 Adjusted inline roll spacing for roll templates.

Edited 1440888653
Hey Kryx! I think the Class Action pages are broken, can you double-check those? They aren't displaying when I click Page 2 or Show All.
Toothless the Night Fury said: Hey Kryx! I think the Class Action pages are broken, can you double-check those? They aren't displaying when I click Page 2 or Show All. It's been fixed but you need to wait for the non-Pro sheet to update. Usually happens once a week

Edited 1440889590
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, it's fixed on the current github code which pros can use. Otherwise just aim to the left of the little button/tab thing.

Edited 1440902369
Hey, I noticed something, maybe it's just me, but when you're trying to use the standard grey color for the header without using {{ability=1}}, etc, the header is white and you can't see the text. Also, is there a way to call traits and reactions from the NPC character sheet?&nbsp; And is there anything special we can do with the Loot block on the core tabs?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kaelev said: Hey, I noticed something, maybe it's just me, but when you're trying to use the standard grey color for the header without using {{ability=1}}, etc, the header is white and you can't see the text. Seems to work fine for me. Weapon modified to an ability: @{Dakra|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{character_name=@{Dakra|character_name}}} @{Dakra|show_character_name} {{title=@{Dakra|repeating_weapons_melee_0_name}}} {{action=1}} {{action_type=Melee}} @{Dakra|classactionmeleeweapon} @{Dakra|repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro_options} Also, is there a way to call traits and reactions from the NPC character sheet? Traits is just a big textarea currently. @{NAME|npc_traits} Same with reactions. @{NAME|reactions} And is there anything special we can do with the Loot block on the core tabs? Add loot to this specific monster? Some people wanted it.
The interface is really slow when clicking the "V", "S" and "M" buttons on the spells page. I attached a JavaScript profile and it looks like its looping over a lot of elements. Let me know if there is any other information I can provide about this.

Edited 1440932073
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@TigerWolf:&nbsp; [5e Shaped] Sheet loading time has significantly increased discusses the issue of laggy spells. If you have a lot of attributes it gets laggy in some cases of setting up spells or opening the sheet. Please post there if you continue having issues. At ~17 spells it is almost instant for me. With 74 spells&nbsp;(14282 attributes) there is a 9s delay in some cases. I can't fix this issue without removing a lot of functionality (most toggles). Even then it'd only lessen the issue.

Edited 1440933002
Thanks for the follow up. This particular character does have a lot of spells.
Kryx said: @TigerWolf:&nbsp; [5e Shaped] Sheet loading time has significantly increased discusses the issue of laggy spells. If you have a lot of attributes it gets laggy in some cases of setting up spells or opening the sheet. Please post there if you continue having issues. At ~17 spells it is almost instant for me. With 74 spells&nbsp;(14282 attributes) there is a 9s delay in some cases. I can't fix this issue without removing a lot of functionality (most toggles). Even then it'd only lessen the issue. I am having the same issue with lag on my character sheet, level 6 druid with all spells i get... This didn't use to happen few changes ago, now sheet is barely useable.

Edited 1440934630
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert H. said: I am having the same issue with lag on my character sheet, level 6 druid with all spells i get... This didn't use to happen few changes ago, now sheet is barely useable. The number of attributes in spells has not changed significantly. I wouldn't expect a difference between 74 spells a month ago and 74 spells now. Roll20's code hasn't changed. If you do indeed have all spells I'd expect around 52 and that would indeed be laggy. But only laggy to change spells and load the sheet. Once the spells were set it shouldn't lag to cast them. With only that character sheet open can you try using the following command in your console (hit F12) $(".charsheet *[name^=attr_]").length; It should print out a number.
Kaelev said: Hey, I noticed something, maybe it's just me, but when you're trying to use the standard grey color for the header without using {{ability=1}}, etc, the header is white and you can't see the text. Also, is there a way to call traits and reactions from the NPC character sheet?&nbsp; And is there anything special we can do with the Loot block on the core tabs? /w gm &{template:5eDefault} {{title=NPC Traits}} {{subheader=@{selected|character_name}}} {{freetext=@{selected|npc_traits} @{selected|reactions}}} This will print a nice little blurb with all of it.
Kryx said: Robert H. said: I am having the same issue with lag on my character sheet, level 6 druid with all spells i get... This didn't use to happen few changes ago, now sheet is barely useable. The number of attributes in spells has not changed significantly. I wouldn't expect a difference between 74 spells a month ago and 74 spells now. Roll20's code hasn't changed. If you do indeed have all spells I'd expect around 52 and that would indeed be laggy. But only laggy to change spells and load the sheet. Once the spells were set it shouldn't lag to cast them. With only that character sheet open can you try using the following command in your console (hit F12) $(".charsheet *[name^=attr_]").length; It should print out a number. Here's the number an bit of timing text, looking at about 4 seconds $(".charsheet *[name^=attr_]").length; 14026 CLICKED app.js:36:926 Updating character sheet values app.js:36:8356 Setting up repeating sections took until 14ms app.js:36:9553 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 15ms app.js:36:10484 Querytest took until 21ms app.js:36:10636 Set values took until 30ms app.js:36:12275 Took 30ms app.js:36:12546 CLICKED app.js:36:926 Updating character sheet values app.js:36:8356 Setting up repeating sections took until 15ms app.js:36:9553 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 18ms app.js:36:10484 Querytest took until 24ms app.js:36:10636 Set values took until 4189ms app.js:36:12275 Took 4190ms app.js:36:12546 CLICKED app.js:36:926 Updating character sheet values app.js:36:8356 Setting up repeating sections took until 14ms app.js:36:9553 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 15ms app.js:36:10484 Querytest took until 21ms app.js:36:10636 Set values took until 4444ms app.js:36:12275 Took 4444ms

Edited 1440937954
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert H. said: 14026 Ya, that's a lot of spells. Though you shouldn't need to change spells very much - just set them up and then just click cast. I've bumped the bug. We'll see what happens. The old sheet's spells had 44 attributes per spell. About 1/3 of my 122. But much less functionality. I tried to reduce mine and went from 126 to 122. I can't cut much else without cutting functionality.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
August 30th 2015 Fixed roll template header colors.
Kryx said: @Rob:&nbsp;That's very strange. How long ago did you experience this? Does it still happen on the latest version? Does this happen on a fresh character, or only after it has been filled with other attributes? Does it only happen on some fields, or all fields? For instance if I create a fresh character right now and type into the class, race, name, or any other field in the header there is no lag. Do you experience something different? I've never seen it or heard of it, but maybe there is something going on. I have experienced this issue on older systems. My first gen Chromebook has nearly unbearable latency typing, changing fields, and selecting options like filters or which sub-page I'm on. No big deal to me as I barely use that laptop, but could be related to Accidental Rob's report.
Kryx said: Robert H. said: 14026 Ya, that's a lot of spells. Though you shouldn't need to change spells very much - just set them up and then just click cast Problem is, as a prepared caster like a druid - I play one myself and I have similar issues, as does our cleric - you need to toggle the "prepared" button quite a bit during the sessions. As it is every change of prepared spells is pretty much more time consuming work than just doing it by hand on a piece of paper and rolling the dice manually.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Snizzle said: Problem is, as a prepared caster like a druid - I play one myself and I have similar issues, as does our cleric - you need to toggle the "prepared" button quite a bit during the sessions. As it is every change of prepared spells is pretty much more time consuming work than just doing it by hand on a piece of paper and rolling the dice manually. 100% agreed. I have a druid in my group just recently and it is a huge pain. As mentioned above please post in&nbsp; [5e Shaped] Sheet loading time has significantly increased Clicking one radio button that is not referenced elsewhere should not have to refresh hundreds or thousdands of other attributes.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Depending on the response I get from the Devs I may rip out a lot of toggles from weapons, spells, actions in an effort to reduce the number of attributes on the page. This isn't necessarily the ideal, but I think a singular toggle of "condense" could replace many. Filtering toggles will still stay. For any decent amount of spells the sheet is really quite unperformant. We'll see.
Hi Kryx. I tried running a session where my players replaced all d20 rolls with 2d10 (it was a big success) but my problem was that where we were basically playing pen and paper. I was wondering if it was possible for me to change the sheets d20 rolls to 2d10 for the ease of my players.

Edited 1441070505
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Maybe replace all instances of 'd20' in the CSS and HTML with '2d10'? If you choose to continue down this route, a huge amount of mechanics (both sheet and game ) will become significantly broken.