Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Is there a reason why the loot block on the NPC character sheets randomly delete the items I like there?  I'm using @{NPCName|loot} in a macro and want to use that for my players to find the loot on the monsters.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, you'll have to manually replace as Silvyre said. I wouldn't recommend doing so. Kaelev said: Is there a reason why the loot block on the NPC character sheets randomly delete the items I like there?  I'm using @{NPCName|loot} in a macro and want to use that for my players to find the loot on the monsters. Loot is just a textarea. There are hundreds of them on the sheet. The only way the contents are being deleted is if they are deleted by you or they don't save. Make sure to mouse out of the textarea after editing it.
Kryx said: Ya, you'll have to manually replace as Silvyre said. I wouldn't recommend doing so. Kaelev said: Is there a reason why the loot block on the NPC character sheets randomly delete the items I like there?  I'm using @{NPCName|loot} in a macro and want to use that for my players to find the loot on the monsters. Loot is just a textarea. There are hundreds of them on the sheet. The only way the contents are being deleted is if they are deleted by you or they don't save. Make sure to mouse out of the textarea after editing it. Okay. I'll try the mouse out of the area thing. I've been adding items there and then closing the sheet. I'll click in another block before closing the sheet and see if that helps. I'm definitely not deleting it. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kaelev said: Okay. I'll try the mouse out of the area thing. I've been adding items there and then closing the sheet. I'll click in another block before closing the sheet and see if that helps. I'm definitely not deleting it.  Ya, I heard some reports of this kind of thing from before for XP. I think it's just a matter of making roll20 accept the change before you close. I haven't heard any wind of it in a while.
Kryx said: Kaelev said: Okay. I'll try the mouse out of the area thing. I've been adding items there and then closing the sheet. I'll click in another block before closing the sheet and see if that helps. I'm definitely not deleting it.  Ya, I heard some reports of this kind of thing from before for XP. I think it's just a matter of making roll20 accept the change before you close. I haven't heard any wind of it in a while. Ah yeah. I do remember that happening. It all makes sense now. 
Here's a request. Would it be possible to have custom currency/coin in addition to the default currency, much in the same way that there are custom classes in with the default ones? I have one of my campaigns running with Astral Diamonds and Brass Pieces, we've been adding the coins to the Inventory for the time being, but it has slightly become a nuisance since the Quantity field for inventory items can only get so big before it starts to cut off numbers, having custom currency would be a lot better and much appreciated.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You have more than 999 of a certain coin? Seems like a lot... If you aren't using any of the coins you can customize the value of them to be what you expect for Astral Diamonds or Brass Pieces. I don't think adding custom coins would be too valuable beyond your case.
Kryx said: You have more than 999 of a certain coin? Seems like a lot... When people are saving up cash to buy something that's expensive, it does add up. :P I suppose I can substitute the EP for the brass pieces. I can see how the custom coins wouldn't be a necessity, so I understand.
What are the macro names for the quick action buttons in the NPC form of the sheet? I'm trying to create a macro that refers to them, but cannot find their name documented on the wiki.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: Query macros: %{name|save_query_macro} %{name|check_query_macro} %{name|skill_query_macro}
I started using your Shaped sheet and it looks really nice. Most of my players were used to the old sheet so they weren't happy, but I told them to just try it out.  After messing around I think most of them got it.  Only problem is every time the caster tries to cast a spell it asks him to choose a target we get this: "No attribute was found for targeted token by the name of AC SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found." Is there a way to bypass this?  I use the blue circle for AC to set up tokens easily.  The way this is set up, it looks like, is I'll have to create entries for every single monster in my game. I just don't have the time to do that. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You don't have to use target AC - just turn that off in the player's settings tab. target AC goes against the target's journal AC attribute. It does not interact with the token at all. Since you are a pro member you can use my monster importer to make the process of importing monsters super easy.
Kryx said: Kryx said: Query macros: %{name|save_query_macro} %{name|check_query_macro} %{name|skill_query_macro} Thanks. I saw those in the wiki. I wasn't clear...  Is there a macro name that can be used to access the *attack* actions in the NPC sheet? i.e. The ones that appear in the "Quick Actions" box of the character sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's on the wiki. Repeating actions. No query macro.
Kryx said: It's on the wiki. Repeating actions. No query macro. Ah, okay thanks! Is there a name for the multiattack button as well?
Daniel N. said: Kryx said: It's on the wiki. Repeating actions. No query macro. Ah, okay thanks! Is there a name for the multiattack button as well? I asked this question and after Kryx's response, I'm not using it.  One reason is that when a multi-attack action is taken, but rolled from the multi-attack macro, things like instantaneous player reactions can bias your decision as to where the multi-attacks are hitting.  I'd rather use something in the subheader like multi-attack x3 to let the players know there will be three attacks.
Kryx said: You don't have to use target AC - just turn that off in the player's settings tab. target AC goes against the target's journal AC attribute. It does not interact with the token at all. Since you are a pro member you can use my monster importer to make the process of importing monsters super easy. Thanks. Yeah I set both of those to "No" and it didn't work on game night, but it must've been server lag.  I went back in today and they reverted back to "Yes" so I tried again and I don't have to target anything anymore. Yay! Oooh, and where could I find said "monster importer"?  Anything to help with time is a boon, especially being a stay-at-home dad having to juggle a 2 year old all day with barely enough time to prepare adventures.
*sigh* I feel like an idiot for asking, and I'm sure this has been answered, but I am trying to input a few macros based of of auto-populated cells in the sheet (proficiency bonus, DEX mod, etc). These are not in 'Attributes'. What should I do to get the appropriate numbers into my macros? Thank you and apologies for any redundancy.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dvergr76 said: Oooh, and where could I find said "monster importer"?  Anything to help with time is a boon, especially being a stay-at-home dad having to juggle a 2 year old all day with barely enough time to prepare adventures. The OP has links to it which has instructions.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dustin said: *sigh* I feel like an idiot for asking, and I'm sure this has been answered, but I am trying to input a few macros based of of auto-populated cells in the sheet (proficiency bonus, DEX mod, etc). These are not in 'Attributes'. What should I do to get the appropriate numbers into my macros? Thank you and apologies for any redundancy. Dex mod:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/DnD5e_Shaped_Character_She</a>... Proficiency is just @{PB} You can always right click on the sheet, go to inspect element and take the name from the element. All start with "attr_NAME"

Edited 1441655968
Hey, your sheet is awesome! I have come across a minor issue, though... In my table there is this character that has the archery fighting style, which gives +2 to hit to all ranged attacks. I noted it in the bonuses and penalties table of the Core section, as below: But then, it doesn't show on the "to hit" section of the ranged attacks (he's on 5th level, and has 18 dexterity, making for the +7 to hit (3 prof bonus + 4 dex mod): Yet it does appear on the roll: It would be great if the +2 bonus of the Archery fighting style appeared on the to hit section of ranged attacks, it would make for a better track-keeping of these things. Your sheet is working great other than that, keep up the good work. =)
If you toggle the quick action button in the weapon page, you'll see the Bonus & Malus on the right ;)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
He's right though - the bonus isn't included in the to hit. And that's purposeful because the to hit is numeric and the bonus can be anything. Bless for example could be 1d4cf0cs0 to prevent crits. If that was entered then "to hit" would become blank as it cannot be calculated.

Edited 1441689297
OK, I'm trying to wrap my head around the Spell section, Higher Level and Higher level query functions. The Wiki is silent on this topic. What is the box for when you toggle the Higher level button ON? How does one make the Higher level query to work (to add more damage dice or effect dice for example)? My specific example would be for Sleep spell. I have in the Effects box, Sleeps [[5d8]] HPs and the roll template output rolls the 5d8 and everything is cool. But I want to add 2d8 HPs for each spell slot level above 1st. I have [[2d8]] in the Higher Spell Slot box and no matter what level I input to the query, I only ever get 2d8 rolled. How to get that to function? What does one need to do to set it up for a spell that does extra damage on an attack if using higher level spell slot?

Edited 1441693734
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Doug higher level query only works for damage. Otherwise it is a generic field. You could manually set it up though.

Edited 1441733963
@Doug This should work for you : [[5d8 + ((?{Spell Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}-1)*2)d8]] (put this instead of [[5d8]] in the Effects box)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alzam said: @Doug&nbsp;This should work for you :&nbsp;[[5d8 + ((?{Spell Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}-1)*2)d8]] &nbsp;(put this instead of&nbsp;[[5d8]] in the Effects box) Yup.
NICE!.. was wondering this myself.
Excellent, works like a charm! Thanks Alzam. And I figured out using the extra damage dice. One other thing...there doesn't seem to be any way of reorganizing the spells (like alphabetically) or am I missing something?
Doug E. said: Excellent, works like a charm! Thanks Alzam. And I figured out using the extra damage dice. One other thing...there doesn't seem to be any way of reorganizing the spells (like alphabetically) or am I missing something? You can't because of the sheets being only HTML and CSS. Only thing would be to delete manually and re-enter them, or use the spell importer (but you need to have Pro for that as it uses the API)
Still seeing 23 Aug sheet. Can someone check on pull requests. thanks H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The latest version pulled by roll20 is Aug 31st. Seemingly it has not been pushed live, howerver. <a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-ch" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll20/roll20-ch</a>...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The PF sheet has had issues where several PR's have been processed yet the community sheet doesn't get updated. &nbsp;I would just keep an eye our for similar behavior on other sheets...
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Sorry if this has been covered before/elsewhere: if I turn on 3d dice and access a sheet roll macro somehow, it asks me to draw a line on the screen and then rolls all the dice for the check/attack/whatever together at the same time. That's what I expect to happen. If I turn on "Automatically roll 3d dice" (and I wouldn't use them any other way, too much faff), I only see the last dice roll. Not sure if this is a general problem or specific to the way that this sheet does the rolls....
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have no control over 3D. That seems to be how roll20 set it up: the latest 3D dice replaces the last one.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey, I don't think so;&nbsp; I think there's a bug with the 3d dice "Automatically roll 3d dice" option and calculated attributes. I've posted in the bug forum here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2406066/automat" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2406066/automat</a>... . It's definitely not just your sheet! Cheers, Lucian

Edited 1442203588
I'm sure this has been asked several times but i'm not seeing it. Is there any way to call spells from a macro similar to the way I call weapons IE: %{Selected|Repeating_Weapons_Melee_0_Weapon} Of do i need to make custom template macros for all of my spells?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Milo Tealeaf said: Is there any way to call spells from a macro similar to the way I call weapons IE: %{Selected|Repeating_Weapons_Melee_0_Weapon} Unfortunately not.
FYI, sheet is now 31 August version. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
HLazar said: FYI, sheet is now 31 August version. Half a month later. :P I made some houserules to get rid of some skills and was hoping to be able to hide them from the core list with a checkbox on the settings page, but alas. :(
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
September 17th 2015 French translations September 13th 2015 Removed old spell syntax
Is there support for the Unearthed Arcana Ranger that I can't find? The issue is really just hitdice, there doesn't seem to be any way (including with custom classes) to have classes with multiple hitdice per level (the new ranger gets 2d6 per level). If this is not currently suppoted is it something you are willing to add to the official sheet, or should I make that modification myself (and learn how to in the process)?

Edited 1442521842
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Custom classes is where anything not officially released belongs. If they gave a fill 20 level then maybe, but 5 is meant to be tested. I sincerely hope they remove the multiple hit dice per level when they launch it, for the game and for situations like this. For now you can put "UA Ranger" in the custom class name, select "d6", and put double your level in the text box. That seems to fulfil the requirement. At least until it gets officially released.
Question 1 : How would one go about doing the input for a Wizard spell like Scorching Ray (with extra beams for higher spell slots) especially if the beams weren't all to be directed at the same target. With something like 3 or more attack rolls (3 beams + extra beams) but only 1 damage roll. Or do you just have to roll side attack rolls? Question 2 : How would something like Eldritch Blast be entered dealing with both multiple beams AND the Auto Cantrip Damage Formula I found farther up this thread? ((@{level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5)d10 New to Roll 20, trying to get my spells all laid out. Is there a example sheet of pre-entered spells for Roll 20 I might peruse? I found an example image of the inputs you posted for Fireball&nbsp; around Page 5 or 6 of this thread and suddenly things made a whole lot more sense to me. Great sheet you've created here, already spent more hours than I'd care to admit to just reading up about it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Question 1: The same way I'd handle any multiattack (mentioned several times in this thread if you want to read up). Each beam is an individual attack. Maybe you send 3 at one enemy and 2 at another. Each beam resolves separately and the damage is then applied. Question 2: Same situation as above. EB's damage doesn't scale, it just adds more beams. Resolve them independently. If you're a pro member you can use my spell import (see OP). Or maybe others can share their images.
If you want to write your own macro for scorching ray you can do it with multi attack. I have an item that produces scorching ray and this is my macro for it. &{template:5eDefault} {{spell=1}} {{title=Circlet of Blasting}} {{subheader=@{character_name} • item }} {{subheader2= 120ft • instantaneous}} {{emote=uses his ancestor's circlet to cast Scorching Ray}} &nbsp;{{Action=1 action}} {{spelldescription=Create three rays of fire and hurl them at targets within range. They are hurled at one target or several with a ranged spell attack bonus +[[5]] for each ray. On a hit, the target takes 2d6 fire damage. The circlet can't be used this way again until the next dawn.}} {{multiattack=1}} {{mattack1=[[d20+5]]}} {{mattack1adv=[[d20+5]]}} {{mdamage1=[[2d6]] fire}} {{mcritdamage1=[[2d6]] fire}} &nbsp;{{mattack2=[[d20+5]]}} {{mattack2adv=[[d20+5]]}} {{mdamage2=[[2d6]] fire}} &nbsp;{{mcritdamage2=[[2d6]] fire}} &nbsp;{{mattack3=[[d20+5]]}} {{mattack3adv=[[d20+5]]}} {{mdamage3=[[2d6]] fire}} &nbsp;{{mcritdamage3=[[2d6]] fire}}&nbsp; H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Indeed that'd work for default level, but wouldn't scale to more rays on a higher level.
Right, missed higher level part. Here is a post that attempts it using original 5e sheet (not shaped so a few things might be different.) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1747672/post-you" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1747672/post-you</a>... H

Edited 1442605421
&{template:5eDefault} {{spell=1}} {{title=Scorching Ray}} {{spellfriendlylevel=Level ?{Spell Level ?|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}}} {{spellschool=evocation}} {{range=120 feet}} {{spell_casting_time=1 action}} {{spell_components_verbal=1}} {{spell_components_somatic=1}} {{spell_casting_time=Instant.}} {{spelldescription=You create three rays of fire and hurl them at targets within range. You can hurl them at one target or several.&nbsp; Make a ranged spell attack for each ray. On a hit, the target takes 2d6 fire damage. }} {{multiattack=1}} {{mattack1=[[d20+5]]}} {{mattack1adv=[[d20+5]]}} {{mdamage1=[[2d6]] fire}} {{mcritdamage1=[[2d6]] fire}} {{mattack2=[[d20+5]]}} {{mattack2adv=[[d20+5]]}} {{mdamage2=[[2d6]] fire}} &nbsp;{{mcritdamage2=[[2d6]] fire}} {{mattack3=[[d20+5]]}} {{mattack3adv=[[d20+5]]}} {{mdamage3=[[2d6]] fire}} &nbsp;{{mcritdamage3=[[2d6]] fire}} ?{Number of Rays ?|3, |4, {{mattack4=[[d20+5]]&#125&#125 {{mattack4adv=[[d20+5]]&#125&#125 {{mdamage4=[[2d6]] fire&#125&#125 {{mcritdamage4=[[2d6]] fire&#125&#125|5, {{mattack4=[[d20+5]]&#125&#125 {{mattack4adv=[[d20+5]]&#125&#125 {{mdamage4=[[2d6]] fire&#125&#125 {{mcritdamage4=[[2d6]] fire&#125&#125 {{mattack5=[[d20+5]]&#125&#125 {{mattack5adv=[[d20+5]]&#125&#125 {{mdamage5=[[2d6]] fire&#125&#125 {{mcritdamage5=[[2d6]] fire&#125&#125} Cast 3, 4 or 5 rays (you can do up to 5 multi-attacks). If you want to do more, use the macro two times (and don't forget that you do at least 3 ray per macro, so if you want to cast 6 ray, cast 3 and 3). I don't think you only do 1 damage roll, but if you do, remove all the mdamage field (not mcritdamage) and add a Damage field. You can do something similar for Eldritch Blast. Edit : You need to put " ; " at the end of each &#125 (See&nbsp; here why I'm doing that).
I've read through this entire thread and probably only understand about an third of it all. Couldn't really find any specific examples of how to input the information for Magic Missie into this shaped sheet. (I keep seeing talk about macros, but I'm not sure what I'm doing so I need a little Handholding here.) Would someone be kind enough to post an image of Magic Missile/ Scorching Ray? I seem to do fine with one dart/beam, but I'm trying to get a basic understanding of how to make the spell scale when cast as a lvl 2 or higher as it adds more darts/beams. Or are you just supposed to keep track of it yourself? It was mentioned for Scorching Ray that you just want us to roll each beam separately? and ignore the subsequent damage rolls? KInda stressful for a newbie honestly, forgive my confusion. PS - How would work Elemental Adept (FIre) figure into this Shaped sheet? Is there a way to throw out any 1's and make them into 2's?