Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Edited 1446731324
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
"spell_save_higher_level_formula" was removed a while ago. Reimporting should fix this issue.

Edited 1446904730
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Smite macro if anyone needs it: **Damage** [[2d8 [dmg] + (?{Spell Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9} - 1)d8 [higher lvl] ]] Dragon breath as well: **Aoe**       30 ft. line that is 5 ft wide **Save**     DC [[8 + @{PB} + @{constitution_mod}]] Dex **Damage**  [[5d6]] Fire **Save Success**  half damage I put them in class actions.
It might be something I did, but after the last update of this great spell sheet I always get a random damage bonus on a spell that involves an attack roll. For now i offset it by giving an equal but negative bonus (or positive if the random damage bonus was negative). But I thought I'd mention it anyway. That and Russian text on spells with a save.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you provide a screenshot for the random bonus? Also one for the Russian, but that is less important and I can likely figure it out on my own.

Edited 1447157423
TheFreeze said: It might be something I did, but after the last update of this great spell sheet I always get a random damage bonus on a spell that involves an attack roll.  Something like that  ? Or a bonus in the formula ? If it's the first case, make sure that Attack -> Dmg -> Secondary and Save -> Dmg -> Secondary are both unchecked : Edit : I don't see "longer" anymore (still can select it) :  Edit2 : There is some Russian in the french sheet too, I'll look into that since I know how it work.
  ^one example of it. When i change the Atk stat, it doesn't change that number either. <- from the Core tab, to show that no bonuses were applied   <- where Russian is seen.

Edited 1447177524
Silvyre
Forum Champion
FYI: trying to investigate the above in an older test game led me to receiving a TypeError undefined from @{attacks_vs_target_ac} and @{classactionspellcast}. I created a new test game and had no such issues.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm lost in Fallout 4 so you'll have to wait a few days. :P
Silvyre
Forum Champion
There's probably a map on the Pip-Boy. :)

Edited 1447346940
I just checked that Freeze, and I do have the same problem on some of my spells. But in my case, if I change Dmg stat (not atk stat), the Dmg mod update correctly. EDIT : not for everyone. If I create a new spell, the dmg stat is set to None ("-"), but the dmg mod is my casting stat. The strange thing is that some of my old spells where affected by that and some of them not. Also, neither secondary dmg nor save damage seems affected by that bug. Kryx said: I'm lost in Fallout 4 so you'll have to wait a few days. :P Hahaha, enjoy ;)

Edited 1447271759
So is anyone else having all the scripts for NPC sheet not work? I dont know if it is related to the changes they made to the repeating sections of the sheets, but now all my NPC actions fail to work properly. I get an error that "No attribute was found for @{Behir|repeating_actions_1_macro_options}" and it rolls nothing. I checked all my settings and they should work. EDIT: I am on the DEV server, and they just rolled out updates there. Also, I am using the version of the sheet integrated into roll20. Its dated for Oct 30th.
This may be a silly question, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. What's the attribute assigned to a spell's to-hit modifier? Trying to put together some more or less universal macros my DM can cut and paste to cast spells as token actions, but this is the only part I can't seem to get to work.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If what I briefly read about the new repeating sections is true you should be able to cast it by ID (or position when they do that part). To view any attributes it's easiest to open the inspector on chrome (F12) and right click -> inspect element and you'll see the name there. In this case it's "spell_to_hit"
spell_to_hit H
Can you remove the Skill Macro button that is added automatically? Or tell me how to remove it. Thanks

Edited 1447367052
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you be more specific? The skill query macro was removed a while ago as the Check macro now includes it.

Edited 1447442318
TheFreeze said: I am having the same problem as theFreeze I have documented it here&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2618818/unknown-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2618818/unknown-</a>...
Kryx said: Can you be more specific? The skill query macro was removed a while ago as the Check macro now includes it. Right, but when my players click their tokens the macro button bar at the top still has a Skill button there. I cannot figure out how to remove it. Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
John B. said: Right, but when my players click their tokens the macro button bar at the top still has a Skill button there. I cannot figure out how to remove it. Thanks! Open the character and go to "Attributes and Abilities" and remove it from there. That's on your tokens, not the sheet.
Kryx said: Open the character and go to "Attributes and Abilities" and remove it from there. That's on your tokens, not the sheet. That is what I thought, but the only ones there were the ones I added for the weapons. The Check, Save, Initiative and Skill button are coming from somewhere else. I thought they came from the sheet. Thanks for trying to help me.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
John B. said: That is what I thought, but the only ones there were the ones I added for the weapons. The Check, Save, Initiative and Skill button are coming from somewhere else. I thought they came from the sheet. Thanks for trying to help me. Token macros can only come from the token itself. The actual code is stored on the sheet, but the token in the token macro area is defined on the token.
John B. said: Kryx said: Open the character and go to "Attributes and Abilities" and remove it from there. That's on your tokens, not the sheet. That is what I thought, but the only ones there were the ones I added for the weapons. The Check, Save, Initiative and Skill button are coming from somewhere else. I thought they came from the sheet. Thanks for trying to help me. By any chance do you have a macro in your settings tab that when you open it, it has "Show as Token Action" checked? As everyone else said, if they're appearing at the top, it's either on the token themselves or soemthing you as a GM has turned on outside of the sheet.

Edited 1447547168
Hello, firstly thank you very much for the work you have done with the character sheet handouts! I am wondering if you are aware of the 5e Character sheet assigning spellcasting stat modifiers to damage for&nbsp;spells on these shaped sheets? it appears that the Spellcasting Stat modifier is being assigned to spells, the really wierd thing is I have Burning hands loaded up which does not have an attack, and is not assigning the stat modifier to the damageroll, but the spells Fire Bolt ( cantrip) and Chromatic Orb which must succeed on an attack roll are both assigning spellcasting stat mods to the damage roll. I do not believe this was happening before the Oct 30 update to the sheets. And this could explain why it is different for the two types of damage spells( AoE..no attack roll vs Direct) which were both set up prior. I tried to set up new spells to test if its a bug and the same problem occurs, so my conclusion is it is a built in macro error. I've looked everywhere for a toggle, or maybe I had input a spell damage adjustment , but this is not the case ( and the fact that its working on the one spell but not the other two suggest that a global stat adjustment is not the issue). of course Maybe it is something very simple and i am just dumb ;) Thanks in advance J.L.Greer
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Greerald W. said: I am wondering if you are aware of the 5e Character sheet assigning spellcasting stat modifiers to damage for&nbsp;spells on these shaped sheets? Stats can apply to spells for damage - just change the "Dmg Stat" field. It works for me. Edit that field to be how you want.
Kaelev said: By any chance do you have a macro in your settings tab that when you open it, it has "Show as Token Action" checked? As everyone else said, if they're appearing at the top, it's either on the token themselves or soemthing you as a GM has turned on outside of the sheet. That's totally where it was, not sure why I completely glossed over it. Thanks!
Is there a way to create a macro button that would cast spells? I tried to find something like the repeating actions, but I couldn't figure it out.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
John, that will finally be possible once the repeating stuff goes live from dev and I fix them on my sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
November 15th 2015 Russian Indentation fixes (fixed "longer" as well. Thx Alzam)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
TheFreeze said: ^one example of it. When i change the Atk stat, it doesn't change that number either. I am unable to reproduce this. Please send me an invite link to examine further.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Josh said: EDIT: I am on the DEV server, and they just rolled out updates there. Also, I am using the version of the sheet integrated into roll20. Its dated for Oct 30th. On the dev server the repeating sections are broken. It will be fixed soon.

Edited 1447636100
Kryx said: TheFreeze said: ^one example of it. When i change the Atk stat, it doesn't change that number either. I am unable to reproduce this. Please send me an invite link to examine further. Just create a new spell on your test campaign, it worked for me. And that's what you should see&nbsp;(click for gif, Wis set to 20, everything else to 0): The sheet display no dmg stat, but obviously use the casting stat attribute. That happens for heal too, but in reverse : bonus stat is displayed as "casting stat", but when you cast the spell, you see no heal bonus. I think it as something to do with that : I removed all the double selected that I found in my last pull request, but I don't know if that was the problem. PS : Halfling Luck doesn't work for NPC attacks. Dunno if you can easily fix that since you are using actions fields for the roll template, but if you can, that would be great :)
Kryx said: John, that will finally be possible once the repeating stuff goes live from dev and I fix them on my sheet. Great. Thanks so much for your hard work. Do you get paid for this? ;)&nbsp;
Kryx said: TheFreeze said: ^one example of it. When i change the Atk stat, it doesn't change that number either. I am unable to reproduce this. Please send me an invite link to examine further. Was Alzam's info enough?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
John B. said: Do you get paid for this? ;)&nbsp; Unfortunately Roll20 currently has no way of monetizing the work that sheet authors do. Only script writers and artists. :( Alzam's pull request fixed the issue. It's an issue from the translations that I pulled in - same with the longer stuff. November 16th 2015 Add Halfling to NPC Actions Depending on the results of the Pro forum discussion there will likely be data loss on all new weapons once dev goes live unless there is some magic that can be done. In all likelihood I'm going to have to create a v2 of the sheet for the repeating changes as there will lots of data loss there.
As I am not skilled in HTML or PHP in any way myself the following suggestion might be impossible altogether: You said there will be alot of data loss when switching to a new kind of sheet because of the changes to repeating sections. Currently the variables and values are saved regardless of the sheet you use, correct? So for example if I use a Pathfinder Sheet and enter some values there, then switch to this sheet, the variables and values would still be saved on the character but remain unused unless I switch back to another sheet working with those variable names and values. Wouldn't it be possible to create an import / export button in the sheet, exporting the old data in, say, a text file? Maybe even import the old data into the new format using the same kind of mechanic? I know, thats probably alot of work. Mainly I am just curious about the possibility to do something like that. Maybe an export button would even be enough as you can copy the texts from a text file into the new sections. At least that could save a lot of work.
We just had our first new session with the shaped sheet, which is new to our group. Overall, it went well. A few glitches with weapon abilities showing things that shouldn't be there, but that might have been players clicking on things they shouldn't have. There's a bug with newly created spells where when you enable Dmg, the Dmg Mod is set to the Casting Stat modifier, although Dmg Stat is "---". This can be fixed by changing the Dmg Stat to Casting Stat and then back to "---", at which point Dmg Mod shows "0". The overwhelming feedback from my players was that they like the sheet, and they want it to be bigger. "It's too small to easily click anything" was the common complaint. I know you are working around a default width, "The default character journal is 900 pixels wide. 860 for the character sheet after removing padding. 850 after removing padding on the sheet itself." Is there any way at all to have an option to make the sheet scale bigger? Even if it's something that would need to be toggled on a per-sheet basis? We're talking about font size and size of clickable icons. Something that makes it easier to avoid "I meant to click Survival and clicked Stealth instead" The other suggestion came from the fighter. He has a lot of maneuvers, which are in the class actions. The core sheet can only show the first five. He's hoping for a toggle that would remove the spell slots display from the core sheet, and expand the class actions to take up that space.
Kryx said: John B. said: Do you get paid for this? ;)&nbsp; Unfortunately Roll20 currently has no way of monetizing the work that sheet authors do.&nbsp; It is super important to remember that this and other sheets are community created and maintained, so if you appreciate the work that they have done, or the time and effort that they have put in to maintain the sheet, you can show your appreciation by gifting some mentor time! &nbsp;This can be done by simply clicking on the members profile and choosing the "Give Gift Subscription" on the left hand side. Hopefully in the future Roll20 will offer other options for the community to show our appreciation to our favorite sheet authors and script creators.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Snizzle said: Wouldn't it be possible to create an import / export button in the sheet, exporting the old data in, say, a text file?&nbsp; Not previously. Maybe with the new sheetWorkers thing. Thorsten B. said: There's a bug with newly created spells where when you enable Dmg, the Dmg Mod is set to the Casting Stat modifier, although Dmg Stat is "---". This can be fixed by changing the Dmg Stat to Casting Stat and then back to "---", at which point Dmg Mod shows "0". See above, this will be fixed in the next release. Thorsten B. said: The overwhelming feedback from my players was that they like the sheet, and they want it to be bigger. "It's too small to easily click anything" was the common complaint. Are they on tablets? If desktop the point of the core sheet is to fit everything in a small window. I designed it around the default size of the character sheets which already takes up a fair amount of screen real estate. Making it bigger would make it much worse for many. Thorsten B. said: Is there any way at all to have an option to make the sheet scale bigger? Even if it's something that would need to be toggled on a per-sheet basis? We're talking about font size and size of clickable icons. Something that makes it easier to avoid "I meant to click Survival and clicked Stealth instead" The sheet already does expand to the width. Making UI buttons scale would present a fair amount of problems. Though maybe you should use the built in macros and make them token macros. %{NAME|save_query_macro} %{NAME|check_query_macro} Thorsten B. said: The other suggestion came from the fighter. He has a lot of maneuvers, which are in the class actions. The core sheet can only show the first five. He's hoping for a toggle that would remove the spell slots display from the core sheet, and expand the class actions to take up that space. Class actions will be expanded to be repeatable with the new repeating changes on dev. He will be able to have as many as he wants.

Edited 1447713849
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin said: you can show your appreciation by gifting some mentor time! &nbsp;This can be done by simply clicking on the members profile and choosing the "Give Gift Subscription" on the left hand side. Now I won't have to pay Roll20 to develop a sheet for them for their most popular system. :P But seriously, thank you so much . You've been the only one and this is the second time you've done so. I'm very appreciative and it's very encouraging to see that others enjoy the work that I've put in.
Thorsten B. said: Is there any way at all to have an option to make the sheet scale bigger?&nbsp; I'm not sure about codewise, but you can mess with your browser's zoom to make it bigger. Only problem is you lose your real estate for the tabletop. I'd actually like to scale it smaller.&nbsp;I usually have browser zoom set to about 90%, but most of the text on the sheet gets all smushed together (especially the vision section). Actually even at 100% the text doesn't really fit right either. That's probably the number one complaint from my players.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dvergr76 said: I usually have browser zoom set to about 90%, but most of the text on the sheet gets all smushed together (especially the vision section). Actually even at 100% the text doesn't really fit right either. That's probably the number one complaint from my players. Even at 90% my vision fields are not smushed together. Maybe you have a larger text size? Can you post a screenshot & browser info & zoom level & font size (can be controlled on windows for example)?
Thorsten B. said: The other suggestion came from the fighter. He has a lot of maneuvers, which are in the class actions. The core sheet can only show the first five. He's hoping for a toggle that would remove the spell slots display from the core sheet, and expand the class actions to take up that space. You can drag the class actions to the macro bar. I have several macros/actions that I have created for fighter battle master maneuvers. Would be happy to share if others do the same. H
Sorry if I'm being blind, but I can't seem to find the ammo script being referred to that is needed for ammo management.&nbsp; Can someone post a link to that.&nbsp; Specifically, the one that Kryx says is needed for the ammo-auto to work on the sheet.&nbsp; Thanks!

Edited 1447723124
Silvyre
Forum Champion
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/script-d" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1816031/script-d</a>... <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20/blob/master/scri" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20/blob/master/scri</a>...
Thank you, Silvyre!
Is it possible to add "Other" to the actions drop down menu for NPCs? &nbsp;Sometimes having the wrong thing is confusing to players
I'm getting this error when rolling a ranged attack from the sheet.&nbsp; Any idea what might be causing this? /home/symbly/www/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:1 orts, require, module, __filename, __dirname) { function g(a){throw a;}var j=v ^ TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined at Object.shaped.decrementAmmo (evalmachine.&lt;anonymous&gt;:2282:24) at HandleInput (evalmachine.&lt;anonymous&gt;:2154:14) at eval (
Kevin said: It is super important to remember that this and other sheets are community created and maintained, so if you appreciate the work that they have done, or the time and effort that they have put in to maintain the sheet, you can show your appreciation by gifting some mentor time! &nbsp;This can be done by simply clicking on the members profile and choosing the "Give Gift Subscription" on the left hand side. That's really an excellent idea, thank you for pointing that out!
HLazar said: I have several macros/actions that I have created for fighter battle master maneuvers. Would be happy to share if others do the same. Sounds like a plan. Here are the ones we created so far. sup_die is an additional attribute we created on the fighter for this purpose. It holds the value of the superiority die, so d8, d10 or d12. The number of dice to spend is in the macro, not the attribute. Feinting Attack Spend Superiority Die as a bonus action to feint. Gain advantage on next attack against target within 5 feet. Add [[1@{Uthgar|sup_die}]] to damage if hit. Rally Spend Superiority Die as a bonus action to bolster an ally. Friendly creature that can see or hear me gains [[1@{Uthgar|sup_die}+@{Uthgar|charisma_mod}]] temp HP. Sweeping Attack When you hit a target with a melee attack you can spend a Superiority Die and attempt to damage another creature within 5 feet of the original target & in your reach. If the original attack roll would hit this creature it takes [[1@{Uthgar|sup_die}]] damage. Second Wind Second Wind: As a bonus action regain [[1d10+@{Uthgar|fighter_level}]] hit points. Shove I shove my enemy, [[1d20+@{Uthgar|Athletics}]] / [[1d20+@{Uthgar|Athletics}]], attempting to knock them prone or push them away 5 feet. They can resist with STR (Athletics) or DEX (Acrobatics). Action Surge Can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action. Once per period between short rests.
I use the class resources to track the superiority die. These have both a current and max value that you can reference. Having an attiribute is a good idea for when the dice change from d8. Still, that happens only once or twice in many levels so it is not hard to change everything then. I may move to your way though. These are ability macros. They should be useable within the class action macro but it may warrant some tweaking to get it to look the way you want. I like them as token actions so I put them separate than the sheet itself. menacing attack &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Menacing Attack}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Battle Master Maneuver}} {{emote=gives a frightening growl}} {{Require=a successful hit}} {{Action= part of current Attack}} {{Source=one of [[@{repeating_classresources_2_ClassResourceTotal}]] remaining superiority dice}} {{Effect = [[1d8]] additional damage}} {{Save = WIS DC [[8+@{PB}+@{strength_mod}]]}} {{Fail Effect = the target enemy is **frightened** until the end of my next turn}} {{Fright- &nbsp;ened = has *disadvantage* on ability checks and attack rolls while the source of the fear is within line of sight **AND** cannot willingly move closer to the source of its fear}} distracting strike &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Distracting Strike}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Battle Master Maneuver}} {{emote=distracts his enemy}} {{Require=a successful hit}} {{Action= part of current Attack}} {{Source=one of [[@{repeating_classresources_2_ClassResourceTotal}]] remaining superiority dice}} {{effects = [[1d8]] additional damage and the next ally's attack roll has **advantage** against the same target}} sweeping attack &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Sweeping Attack}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Battle Master Maneuver}} {{emote=extends his attack to another enemy}} {{Require=a successful hit}} {{Action= part of current Attack}} {{Source=one of [[@{repeating_classresources_2_ClassResourceTotal}]] remaining superiority dice}} {{Target = another enemy within 5ft of the original target and within melee reach}} {{If = the original attack roll meets new target's AC}} {{Damage = [[1d8]] damage to new target}} riposte (reaction) &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Riposte}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Battle Master Maneuver}} @{classactionmeleeweapon} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro_options} {{emote=parries a missed attack with @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_name}}} {{Require=a missed hit against @{character_name} from an enemy within melee reach}} {{Action= Reaction Melee Attack}} {{Source=one of [[@{repeating_classresources_2_ClassResourceTotal}]] remaining superiority dice}} &nbsp;{{Effect = [[1d8]] additonal damage to a successful melee attack}} rally (bonus) &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Rally}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Battle Master Maneuver}} {{emote=bolsters the resolve of his companion}} {{Required=an ally who can see or hear @{character_name}}} {{Action= Bonus Action}} {{Source = one of [[@{repeating_classresources_2_ClassResourceTotal}]] remaining superiority dice}} {{Effect=grants [[1d8+@{charisma_mod}]] temporary hit points to the ally}} second wind &{template:5eDefault} {{title=Second Wind}} {{ability=1}} {{subheader=@{character_name} • Fighter Ability}} {{emote=draws on his stamina to endure}} {{Action = Bonus Action}} {{Effect=regains [[1d10 +@{fighter_level}]] additional hit points}} know your enemy &{template:5eDefault} {{ability=1}} {{title=Know Your Enemy}} {{subheader=@{character_name} • Fighter Ability}} {{emote=spends at least 1 minute observing or interacting with another creature outside combat}} {{freetext=learns certain information about its capabilities compared to his own such as whether the creature is equal, superior, or inferior in regard to the following [[2]] characteristics}} {{1 = ?{choice 1|strength score|dexterity score|constitution score|armor class|current hit points|total class levels (if any)|fighter class levels (if any)}}}{{2 = ?{choice 2|strength score|dexterity score|constitution score|armor class|current hit points|total class levels (if any)|fighter class levels (if any)}}} this is not a fighter ability but in case anyone takes the sentinel feat &{template:5eDefault} {{attack_roll=1}} {{title=Sentinel Feat}} {{subheader=@{character_name}}} {{subheader2=Reaction Melee Attack • @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_reach}}} @{classactionmeleeweapon} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_macro_options} {{emote=exposes his enemy's guard with @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_name}}} {{Action= Opportunity (Reaction) Attack}} {{Can take Action if=an **attack** on an ally within 5 ft of him and from an enemy within melee reach who does not have this feat}} {{ = or an enemy **disengages** and leaves his melee reach}} {{Effects=if the attack is successful, the enemy's speed becomes [[ 0 ]] for the rest of its turn}} enjoy and thanks H