Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Well the repeating sections aren't hard - I just need to save the data with SheetWorkers. But that is waiting on Aaron or someone to make the system that will port it over. The biggest amount of work that I won't do for a while is making the sheet update with SheetWorkers.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20 has merged the latest sheet which fixed npc actions on the core page.

Edited 1450770855
Firstly I'd like to thank you for what I'm sure is many many hours of work on this skeet Kryx. I've been messing around with creating custom macros (since I don't like seeing the advantage rolls when they're not needed. Successful with that I'm wanting to create two separate macros for my Versitile weapon, so I can select 1H or 2H stats to roll each time, and like with adv rolls remove unnecessary clutter from the roll. I've managed to remove the alt damage in one macro so it'll only show the normal 1H damage, but I'm struggling to get a way to only show the alt damage. Since I can't just remove the normal damage from the script (due to it being required for alt damage to show) I planned to edit the normal damage calculation in the script to pull to damage dice value from the alt damage dice value field. Here is where I've hit a brick wall, I can't find the name of the alt damage field to be able to reference it within a macro, even on the wiki. If you could let me know what the field name/attribute is called that'd be awesome. Additionally if there's some other way that's easier to do this please let me know :D P.S. I would just have the 1H/2H in separate weapon slots however I have run out of slots and so am unable to do it that way. P.P.S. Having the ability to roll without adv showing up directly from the char sheet would be awesome. ;) Regards, Peter
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Hi Peter, I am by no means an expert, but I was curious so I just tried and was unable to show only the alternative damage as well. I'd recommend simply creating another weapon and call it say "Longsword Versatile", and add the normal damage as 1d10 as well,. but given you have no slots left (you use that many different weapons?), what I came up quickly was something like: @{CHARNAME|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{attack_roll=1}} {{character_name=@{CHARNAME|character_name}}} @{CHARNAME|show_character_name} {{title=Longsword Versatile}} {{action=1}} {{action_type=Melee}} {{Attack [[d20+2]]}} {{Damage [[d10+2]]}} It's not perfect, since adding more text to Attack or Damage will create an extra line for some reason, but it might help for the time being. Cheers, Nick.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is the alt damage built into weapons, but that shows both versions so I assume you won't like that either. Other than what you've done I'd recommend waiting until I switch weapons to repeating. But that depends on Aaron doing his thing so I can swap w/o data loss.
This is a question of the future update of the repeating sections based on my ignorance of what this will affect. I am working on a basic template for monsters so when I use a NPC sheet, everything is referenced as needed for custom macros. For the most part this is token actions ready to go every time I make a copy.  Will this change though after the sheet update for the new repeating sections? For example, I currently just use  %{selected|repeating_actions_0_action} to reference the monsters first attack with a token action. Using this method, I never have to worry about changing the macro because that token action will always be the first NPC action. Will the future update change this so using that is not valid/I will have to change it every time I make a new copy or will the same method work without breaking/a new method will work that I don't have to edit every time I make a new sheet. I am unsure as to what the new update means for character sheet custom macros so I am curious if it would be pointless to start filling in monsters now when it will break in the future/become impossible to make as easy as it is now.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
NPC actions will stay the same name. But they will be repeating. I believe the new repeating section allows reference by position (0). Though just a word of caution: it won't happen until Aaron does his thing.
I know this may come off as a dumb question, but it's one that I've side barred for a while.  What at exactly is meant by repeating actions? How does that differ from what's already in place?
I've come across an issue with the sheet that after a level increase and adding two points to an ability score, there are no longer any ability modifiers being added to any rolls, whether it be attack, damage, saves, skills, anything. Nothing else was changed on the sheet, aside from an inventory entry or two an a new weapon entry, and it was working perfectly fine previously...

Edited 1450819578
Thank you Nick and Kryx. I thought this may be the case. I've hard coded the damage into the thing as a temporary measure for now, as that was the only option I could see possible without being able to reference the alt damage field. Nick: I have Pairs of shortswords, handaxes and daggers, along with the versitile Quarterstaff. I've been using a box for the main hand weapon and a second for the offhand weapon leaving only 1 spot left for the QStaff. I have just thought though, I could possibly use a single box for the TWF weapons and just remove the addition of the ability mod from the damage calculation of the offhand one. Which would free up 3 slots, plus make it more streamlined in my charsheet. EDIT: I just remembered why I didn't do this in the first place. If one of the weapons became different to the other in some way, enchantment or something similar that altered one of them. I would then have to have them as separate weapons anyways. Thanks for the ideas/confirmation that I wasn't missing the obvious name to reference alt damage. If you wouldn't mind explaining to someone who's still fully getting to grips with the fields sections and all. I think I understand how repeating weapons and such are a pain until this big "fix/update" comes for them. Why is it that we don't/can't reference the alt damage field, but we can reference pretty much all other fields from the weapons Kryx? Regards, Peter
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alt damage can be referenced: "repeating_weapons_melee_0_alt_dmg" and "repeating_weapons_melee_0_alt_dmg_reason" Use chrome's dev tools to find names if they aren't on the wiki. @Jay: you likely opened the sheet in the 30 mins when the sheetWorkers stuff went live. Look the abilities tab and find ones that say something like "Strength mod" or "dex mod", etc. That should fix it.
Kryx said: Alt damage can be referenced: "repeating_weapons_melee_0_alt_dmg" and "repeating_weapons_melee_0_alt_dmg_reason" Use chrome's dev tools to find names if they aren't on the wiki. I'm not sure how to use the chrome dev tools to find out this information, thank you for the field name. :D
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Peter P. said: I'm not sure how to use the chrome dev tools to find out this information, thank you for the field name. :D Right click an item -> inspect element. Look at the name of the field.
Kryx said: @Jay: you likely opened the sheet in the 30 mins when the sheetWorkers stuff went live. Look the abilities tab and find ones that say something like "Strength mod" or "dex mod", etc. That should fix it. Hah, just my luck. Wrong place at the wrong time... Thanks though, this fixed it :)
Quick Question: The Auto option in the Ranged Weapons under Range>Ammo>Auto. Does it actually function? I assumed it automatically removed 1 ammo from the ammo field each time the sheet roll is used, however it doesn't appear to do anything. Any information/explanation would be great. Additionally, since I couldn't find anything on it in the Wiki, if you have the code used (or that should be being used) to remove the ammo that'd be of great help/time saving for me :) Thanks Peter

Edited 1451126338
There is a lot going on, but it is somehow very organized at the same time. Hats off to you for being able to pull this off. I'll be sharing it with my friends before we kick off our first 5e game. Thanks for the awesome sheet!
Peter P. said: Quick Question: The Auto option in the Ranged Weapons under Range>Ammo>Auto. Does it actually function? I assumed it automatically removed 1 ammo from the ammo field each time the sheet roll is used, however it doesn't appear to do anything. Any information/explanation would be great. Additionally, since I couldn't find anything on it in the Wiki, if you have the code used (or that should be being used) to remove the ammo that'd be of great help/time saving for me :) Thanks Peter I believe you need a specific API script (something Pro members have access to) in order to use that function correctly!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Jake M. said: Peter P. said: Additionally, since I couldn't find anything on it in the Wiki, if you have the code used (or that should be being used) to remove the ammo that'd be of great help/time saving for me :) I believe you need a specific API script (something Pro members have access to) in order to use that function correctly! Indeed; that would be the D&D 5e Shaped NPC & Spell Importer script ( GitHub link ).

Edited 1451264220
Love the sheet Kryx but i have a question, I try to make as many token actions as possible to save the players screen space, So my question is... In the Class actions you include Output options, So for example: Dwarven Resilience can be printed out on all saves. My problem is, With the Query buttons you added, They wont add the Class action output. Was this intentional or an oversight? 

Edited 1451290317
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Query macros have crazy syntax. They are incredibly hacky. It wasn't possible to include class actions.

Edited 1451854349
Tried to use the drag and drop function to move a roll to the token bar.  I do not see any reference to the sheets being able to do this, but since they did this for the macro, thought they would for the token bar.  Obviously not.  Does anyone know if it is something for the future or is the macro bar good enough?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
It's not possible to drag and drop sheet buttons to anywhere but the Macro Quick Bar. All sheet buttons contain a hidden Ability call , which effectively presses that sheet button. You may wish to determine which Ability call corresponds to that sheet button, create a new macro containing that Ability call, and show that macro as a Token Action.
Is there a script out there for this sheet that can disable or change the way everything rolls twice automatically. it confuses/annoys one of my players. Maybe like a context option when the buttons are pressed that asks if you want to roll for advantage/disadvantage, if not, roll once?
I would be way more annoyed having it ask me every time if I wanted to roll advantage/disadvantage. Just ignoring the second roll doesn't bother me at all. 
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Gnar said: Maybe like a context option when the buttons are pressed that asks if you want to roll for advantage/disadvantage, if not, roll once? Adding this class action will remove the advantage roll from everything but weapon attacks (since @{classactionmeleeweapon} is positioned before @{repeating_weapons_melee_X_toggle_attack}, this trick won't work for them).

Edited 1452033212
OK so im curious, and this might have been asked before. But here it goes... I have a Druid player and for wild shape I have made NPCs of all 30+ animals he's able to shape into with the importer. here lies the problem, the Token macros it generates will not work for him at all, but casting from the character sheet will work fine. They work for me as the GM but not him as the player I have double checked the macro and it seems fine %{Panther|repeating_actions_0_action} Is this a command only GM's can use? Will I have to change each animal to the repeating weapon macro instead? The player also has full control over the character sheet just FYI
Dustin C. said: OK so im curious, and this might have been asked before. But here it goes... I have a Druid player and for wild shape I have made NPCs of all 30+ animals he's able to shape into with the importer. here lies the problem, the Token macros it generates will not work for him at all, but casting from the character sheet will work fine. They work for me as the GM but not him as the player I have double checked the macro and it seems fine %{Panther|repeating_actions_0_action} Is this a command only GM's can use? Will I have to change each animal to the repeating weapon macro instead? The player also has full control over the character sheet just FYI When you created the sheets, did you make sure he has control over them and not you?  You don;t need to have your name as GM listed to control the token or sheet.  That's the only thing I can think of.  I have a player that has control over 4 different elementals (and their sheets) and everything works fine for him.

Edited 1452044637
Ok nvm, I figured it out... I added (Ramsey) to the end of each token and as you can see above the macro didn't have it. Duuuurrrr! Thanks Kryx again for the amazing work!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, changing the name will cause it to break. Glad you figured it out. :)
Silvyre said: Gnar said: Maybe like a context option when the buttons are pressed that asks if you want to roll for advantage/disadvantage, if not, roll once? Adding this class action will remove the advantage roll from everything but weapon attacks (since @{classactionmeleeweapon} is positioned before @{repeating_weapons_melee_X_toggle_attack}, this trick won't work for them). That's rad! Thanks man! :D
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Silvyre said: Adding this class action will remove the advantage roll from everything but weapon attacks (since @{classactionmeleeweapon} is positioned before @{repeating_weapons_melee_X_toggle_attack}, this trick won't work for them). btw I can probably reorder weapons if you want me to make this hack work for them. Though I will caution that this hack won't necessarily work if stuff changing in the future. I can try to keep it working, but making this a setting would probably be a better solution.

Edited 1452366779
BryanAx
Pro
Sheet Author
Hey all. I apologize in advance if this is a known issue that has already been addressed but I searched and searched and came up empty. Basically the issue I am having is with player ability check and saves not calculating correctly. I created some new character last night for an upcoming fight and their values ARE working correctly. I think I've narrowed it down to the save_mod and check_mod values. If I type @{Tristen|strength_save_mod} (one of the new characters), chat shows as follows: This is a correct calculation of 5 for the character. However, if I type @{Kagrath|strength_save_mod} (Player Character), chat shows: All that is returned is a value of 2 rather than the correct value of 8.  Not sure what is causing this and the code looks the same when I inspect elements but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Bryan: That character likely has it hard coded in his attributes. Search for "strength_save_mod" under "Attributes and Abilities"
BryanAx
Pro
Sheet Author
That was it. Thanks. Didn't even occur to me the check that.
I'm new to trying to use these character sheets. How do I find the name of a roll (button) on the character sheet to make a macro. For instance, if I want to make something a macro button on my quick bar or a token action, how do I know the name of the action or whatever being used? Thanks in advance!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Wade said: How do I find the name of a roll (button) on the character sheet You could refer to the sheet's Wiki page , or you could use your browser's element inspector on a button to find its hidden Ability call.
Silvyre said: Wade said: How do I find the name of a roll (button) on the character sheet You could refer to the sheet's Wiki page , or you could use your browser's element inspector on a button to find its hidden Ability call. I tried looking at the wiki, but I don't understand. What "syntax" do I use for the macros?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Wade said: Silvyre said: You could refer to the sheet's Wiki page , or you could use your browser's element inspector on a button to find its hidden Ability call. What "syntax" do I use for the macros? Check the section I linked to.
Wade said: I tried looking at the wiki, but I don't understand. What "syntax" do I use for the macros? The attributes are mostly there in the 5e shaped wiki though some may have changed with the latest revision. And they will change in the future given the recent backend changes to roll20 itself. You use the attributes in macros as you would in any other form. The wiki also attempts to give you the template fields though these may have also changed in recent past. If you are unsure of how to use either of those things, check out the wikis for the general topics. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros</a> <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll_Templates" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Roll_Templates</a> I guess when it comes down to it, the question is what do you want to do? You mentioned you wanted the name of the buttons and these are all listed in the wiki as a dark blue background with white text. Do you need something further or is there a more detailed question that you have? H
No violet fungi in database or am I mispelling it?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
"Violet Fungus" is there.
thanks. &nbsp;ok, I am slow today.

Edited 1452491269
I am very sorry if this has been asked before, or if I'm asking too much. For my game, I wanted to use item-cards. "Drop and play" if you will. To do this, I wanted to create a character sheet for each weapon and include the relevant stat's on it's character sheet (damage, to hit, etc.), and then when you click the "use item" button on the card (I use a script that stores card information, like macros, even when picked up and dropped again) it references the using character's sheet to grab the appropriate stats (strength mod, etc). However, for the life of me, I cannot understand the weapon math and am struggling to adapt it. It's wonderfully laid out, but I'm really having difficulty replicating it through a macro format. I plan to use @target{} to reference the PC sheet, and @selected{} to reference weapon sheet stats. Any way you could help a girl out?
I think I can help with that, but by the time I finish posting Silvyre will probably ninja the hell out of me.

Edited 1452492906
I think I made it without a Ninja!! Alright, so this way works, it may not be EXACTLY what you want, but it should do... You create a weapon as an NPC character sheet (top left corner of char sheet is giant green button that turns to red). &nbsp; Then on the actions tab, you create a new action. You use the 'effect' button to bring up a small paragraph entry, and you can put in @{target|character_name} swings/stabs/shoots etc their sword/dagger/crossbow etc. &nbsp;Getting [[@{target|dexterity_mod}+@{target|PB}+d20]] | [[@{target|dexterity_mod}+@{target|PB}+d20]] And in their damage spot you put: d8 (or whatever the dmg is) + @{target|strength_mod} (or dex mod) and in the crit section you can put 2d8 + @{target|strength_mod} THEN, players can have macro&nbsp;%{Great Sword|repeating_actions_0_action} and it should run that macro.

Edited 1452498302
That's similar to what I need, yes, but isn't complex enough to accomplish my actual goal. Rather, I want to mimic the finesse calculations and auto-crit detection if possible. Kryx seems to do some math with the dex and str modifiers which identifies the larger of the two and uses it for attacks. There are a few hidden values I can't figure out, like how d20_mod is calculated, what d20cs&gt; actually references (I know its the crit success caclulation, but I don't know how to /use/ it in a macro), how bonus_crit_dmg is calculated/where it's pulled from, and why several rolls end in +0d0. Moreso, I need a lot of the auto-calculations broken down for me so I can insert the correct data from the PC sheet into the roll calculation. I know how &nbsp;to design the math, but I don't know what values I need to substitute for since I can't figure some of them out. I need the original math explained more thoroughly. (I realize now how vague I was in the original question. It's late, I must have realized I was rambling, and forgot to ask what I originally intended. Oops) TL;DR: So that I can insert correct values from the correct sheets, is anyone able to break down the sheet attack math and macros, and how they're calculated?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Seems like a lot of unnecessary work imo. Seems best to just give a handout with the magic item and then put the weapon/armor/whatever on the player's sheet.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Keiss said: mimic the finesse calculations Look into keep/drop functions . Keiss said: auto-crit detection [...] d20cs&gt; When {{can_crit=1}} and {{attack=d20cs&gt;0}}, {{action_crit_damage}} will always display. See: Action Fields Keiss said: d20_mod I think this is just a toggle halfling luck (i.e. ro&lt;1). (Kryx will otherwise correct me.) Keiss said: how bonus_crit_dmg is calculated/where it's pulled from @{repeating_weapons_melee_X_bonus_crit_dmg} for 0 ≤ X ≤ 6, it's just a static bonus controlled by a single field afaik. Add to {{action_crit_damage}} Keiss said: why several rolls end in +0d0 Roll20 can be picky about math; this is a safeguard to make sure it's happy. For example, [[ {1d6, 2}kh1 ]] results in a "Cannot mix sum and M rolls in a roll group" error. [[ {1d6, 2 + 0d0}kh1 ]] works around this.
@Kryx Out of curiosity, is there a reason you reverted the sheetworkers stuff you had in progress? Was the approach non-viable for some reason, or was it just never finished?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I converted the attributes over, but as things went live stuff stopped working so I reverted that small area. Honestly SheetWorkers would take hundreds of hours to make work. It's not simple, at all. I don't think the route that roll20 went is the most performant nor the least amount of work, but that's the way they went. If you want to set it up I'll happily put in the time to manage pull requests and builds, but I just don't have the time/desire to spend hundreds of hours to make that system work.