Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Doug E. said: Kaelev said: @Kryx: I was in your reshaped game last night taking a look at all your hard work. Nicely done. Quick question, will the blocks for notes be added back in at some point? Curious why you wouldn't use the Bio and Information Tab of the Character journal for notes? My players have rather long elaborate back stories on the bio tab that they're constantly adding to and changing as time goes on. The things they add to the misc notes aren't always known to all players as that section can only be viewed by the GM and the owner of the sheet whereas the bio is public info. It also requires them to enter edit mode rather than just clicking the tab for background and adding a quick note when they already have their sheet open. 
HLazar said: Kryx said: Condition tracker: Definitely something I've wanted all along. It's an incredible amount of work and technically challenging within roll20. I will keep it on my long term TODO. As step towards this, I agree with @Doug E in that we don't need anything to result from a condition tracker, only to have it output as a section in the templates. I know that there are token icons for this sort of thing but you are looking at the roll when it happens, not your token. It would be nice if it was just a simple check list of standard 5e conditions (charmed, poisoned, restrained, etc) and maybe the ability for a few custom ones like Bless or temporary Darkvision, etc. As always, all your work is appreciated immensely. H I second this. It's happened many times in my games where the player or the game forgets what the icon is being used for, especially considering they don't always translate to the condition they're being used for. Example, there's no "zzz" to show that something is asleep and there's two icons that look like ninjas but mean different things. A reminder in the template would be a nice feature. 
Kaelev said: HLazar said: Kryx said: Condition tracker: Definitely something I've wanted all along. It's an incredible amount of work and technically challenging within roll20. I will keep it on my long term TODO. As step towards this, I agree with @Doug E in that we don't need anything to result from a condition tracker, only to have it output as a section in the templates. I know that there are token icons for this sort of thing but you are looking at the roll when it happens, not your token. It would be nice if it was just a simple check list of standard 5e conditions (charmed, poisoned, restrained, etc) and maybe the ability for a few custom ones like Bless or temporary Darkvision, etc. As always, all your work is appreciated immensely. H I second this. It's happened many times in my games where the player or the game forgets what the icon is being used for, especially considering they don't always translate to the condition they're being used for. Example, there's no "zzz" to show that something is asleep and there's two icons that look like ninjas but mean different things. A reminder in the template would be a nice feature.  Use Tracker Jacker Script. It is amazing <_>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Implemented(30th): Armor now can add shield items, unarmored items, armored items. Shield adds to both armored and unarmored. This now fully handles things like Barbarian unarmored + shield. Same with Monk. More roll template cleanup Spell UI & roll template mostly set. I still need to do sheet workers for it and higher level stuff
So far I am liking the new sheet and can't wait for it with the new drag and drop spells. Currently, here are some things that I have seen that I am not 100% on Weapon Alt damage, as the previous sheet,&nbsp;alternate&nbsp;damage such as&nbsp;versatile&nbsp;weapons doesn't seem covered at the moment. Weapon save damage. Current I can work in damage in a saving throw using [[1d6]] style in the "on failed save" section though I am wondering if this should have its own field. Weapon save DC. A weapons save DC is current decided by a stat as spellcasting mod, however the item may have a set DC that is not changed as the character levels/stats increase so have a better way to set the save DC would be needed there, perhaps even a *static* option in place of the stats and then makes the save DC equal to the added bonus. Spells are looking good so far, seems to add only to the right atm but I&nbsp;assume&nbsp;that is to be done, looking great so far. It seems odd atm that weapons in the equip section are&nbsp;labeled&nbsp;as attack, would prefer that it was weapons but at the very&nbsp;least&nbsp;calling the&nbsp;section&nbsp;attack seems out of place. Currently, the weapon attack template looks good, many of my issues with it has been fixed since I first looked but I still feel like the separation of damage could be better, especially when you get a double crit as seen here&nbsp; <a href="http://i.imgur.com/ioSC7Kd.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/ioSC7Kd.png</a> . Everything else looks good there but the separation of damage could use some clarity. Some minor things/personal dislikes I much prefer the old top bar where sight/languages where all there Prof bonus is just a number in chat when clicked instead of a calculated number so the text is thinner making it look odd Languages feel in a very "out of the way" spot Inspiration marker feels odd as a plus, compared to say a check or a color Section around HP, HD, etc feels barren&nbsp;compared&nbsp;to other sections, feels like a lot of dead space. These are some things I am seeing at the moment but overall is becoming a great rework, the only other thing I can think of would be too much work if it could be done for what it would add (which is drag/drop for equipment, spells and monsters with NPCs later is all I would really like as drag/drop).

Edited 1454239668
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the feedback Vanakoji. I'll address your points 1 by 1: Alt damage is removed, correct. The use case is such a small portion of users and it was better to just create a second weapon with the versatile damage instead of reading the output and asking the player which they were using. There are 2 damage fields. Damage 1 will likely be the weapon damage. Damage 2 will either be something like the flaming property or damage from the saving throw. There may be cases where a 3rd damage is needed, but that should be very rare.&nbsp; Flat DC would be nice to have, though it can be mimicked by using the bonus field. That'll have to do for now unless there is an elegant way of laying out a flat DC It's meant to be 2x2. I'll adjust the css to fix all adding to 1 row The attacks name is purposeful as Attacks are more than just weapons. It can be a fighter maneuever, a monk stunning strike, etc. I'll remove double crit before release Dislikes: Top bar matches the&nbsp; Paper sheet . Vision and Movement were originally added to the top bar primarily for NPCs, but NPCs wiill have their own sheet now so that usage is gone. For PCs likely 98%+ do not care about this section (beyond darkvision). It is still on the character page, just not as prominent as it is bloat info for nearly all characters. Same with HP, temp HP, speed, and exhaustion. I'll make them all output as a roll. (details of the formula are left out as those are calculated in JS now) Languages appears where it does on the paper sheet. Familiarity for paper players is paramount. I'll use a different icon There isn't dead space unless you have a lot of resources. The idea here is you either have a lot of resources or a lot of spells, not both so there shouldn't be much wasted space. Though I will hide spell levels that you don't currently have access to soon so that should help alleviate this issue.
where can i find the source html & css to test this?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can join the test campaign that I've set for people to check it out. I'll be in there working (breaking things). You can also grab the HTML/CSS from here:&nbsp;<a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/tree/v3/D%26D_5e_Shaped" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/tree/v3/D%26D_5e_Shaped</a> (base folder)

Edited 1454275762
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Implemented(31st): New inspiration logo New header logo Skills can now select a default ability Skills are now repeating fields!!!!!!!!! which output the correct ability (str, dex, con) in both the title and the labels for the outputs. The formula in the output is very detailed and updated when the skill updates. Skills will be loaded on first load if your version is not set. Attacks output labelling has been refactored. It now works like skills. It also takes the global bonuses for melee and ranged into account. They should be 100% complete now. No more double crit Attack damage added back to crit (it had been missing for a while) Added the word “damage” if no damage type is specified. Spells UI mostly finalized. Still need to do the JS side Added drop zones for Equipment (items), Armor, and Attacks on both the “Core” page and the “Equipment” page. Attacks/armor still need some post-processing. Added some more items to pro release. Tie ons will have to be done differently with skills as repeating. Pro Release: Spells will now be in one repeating section. I will have buttons that let you sort by level. They will show below attacks on the core page and act very similarly to attacks (but with extra options for spells). They will also still show on the spells page for full filtering. advantage/disadvantage query Ensure tie-ons are working (formerly class actions) Add heal to resources (cannot think of any damage that goes there) Classes as repeating Post-Process armor/attack SRD properties like “Properties”, “Modifiers”, and “Item Type”

Edited 1454297901
Robert D.
Sheet Author
What's the difference between the pro release and the other? Does the pro release have features only a pro user can implement? Also, played with the sheet. I like the higher level box. How do I cast at a higher level?
Wow -- this sheet is awesome. &nbsp;I checked out the SRD sheet provided and was excited about the functionality, but missed so much of what the shaped sheet has to offer -- then I found this thread! &nbsp; Not sure if this is a sheet or compendium question, but is it possible to populate the equipment section with all of the items in a pack with one drag from the list? &nbsp;For example, if I drag the Explorer's Pack to equipment, could the 7-8 items that are associated with the pack show up in my equipment? &nbsp;I ask because there is a cool PDF character sheet out there (enworld?) that does it. Thanks again for all your hard work and the work of the support community!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Robert: I'm just labelling the releases so I can put a "finished" product in the hands of people who cannot wait. So I'm aiming to put certain feature sets in each release. The first is PCs being "complete", the second is NPCs being complete, the 3rd being conversion scripts written with any nice to have features to follow. You can choose what version you want if you're a pro, or wait for the public release. Casting at higher level will come. I'd expect it to be done today. @Brian: Items cannot unfurl into more items unless I am mistaken. See&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Explorer%27s%20Pack#h-Explorer%27s%20Pack" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Explorer%27s%20Pack#h-Explorer%27s%20Pack</a>. You'd have to ask Roll20 to fix this as I just accept whatever they give me via SRD.
Tom
KS Backer
Sheet Author
Skills can now select a default ability Would it be possible for one of these choices to be "None" so that Custom Skills could be used for tools that don't have a particular associated ability?

Edited 1454350659
Weird issue where, as the dm, the "Quick" weapon roll button just rolls an empty window. I see 3d dice rolled, but the wrapper in the chat pane is just null, nothing there. Am I missing some necessary info/configuration to make that work? It's the dice roller on the core page, so I'd hoped it would work, but I'm sure it's something I did/didn't do. [Edit]: Nevermind, they're not just independent quick rolls. I'm an idiot, they're clearly tied to the respective Melee/Range sections below. I'll leave this here -just- in case someone else makes the same dumb assumption.

Edited 1454351030
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Major Tom said: Would it be possible for one of these choices to be "None" so that Custom Skills could be used for tools that don't have a particular associated ability? I added that as well. It is the last item in the list and is represented by "—" Keep in mind the recent updates are for the redesign. The normal sheet hasn't been touched.
Oh! So does that mean the "Implemented" list is already on the public sheet, and it has already appeared to people who selected that sheet from the dropdown, but the pro list I need to go to github?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert D. said: Oh! So does that mean the "Implemented" list is already on the public sheet, and it has already appeared to people who selected that sheet from the dropdown, but the pro list I need to go to github? Implemented means it exists in the public campaign I linked above and on&nbsp; github . Since you are pro you can make a game with that code, but it's still a work in progress. The public sheet available through the dropdown menu has not changed and will not until this version is released.
@Kryx So I double checked and I am using the 5E shaped sheet and it was not from the Public but rather copied from Github. I have never updated the template though.&nbsp; I tested the current release of the the sheet in a copy of my campaign and I noticed a lot of fields don't transfer over. Things like equipment, armor, spells, etc. Also the stat bonuses don't show. &nbsp;I did notice that the SRD works for spells but not for NPC creatures.&nbsp; I'm sure you know all this already from previous posts, I was just trying to get a handle on whether it seemed like I was working of your current build. Will the Monsters auto populate NPC character sheets using the SRD? Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Things do not port over yet - I have to write that into the sheetworkers. NPCs are not done, as mentioned above. When they are done they will populate.
Okay, so does that mean implemented is ahead of the pro release? As in pro release is the work from a couple days ago that you've put up on git hub? Still trying to figure out the difference between implemented and pro release.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Implemented is what I've currently implemented on the redesign which has yet to be released at all. It just exists on github and that test campaign. When it is more complete I will release it in stages: A release to pro members that has all PC features A release to pro members that has all PC features and NPCs features A release to the public that has all features. Release 1 is less than a week away I'd estimate.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Implemented on the redesign (Feb 1st): (dis)advantage query for all rolls that roll a d20 (took a REALLY long time - many hours). You can now specify to always roll 2d20 (like before), always roll just 1, or always query. Refactored attacks so the components are modular for use with spells Core page items clickable. Editing of them has to happen on other pages (settings or equipment) Equipment items clickable on the core page (health pots) Armor clickable on the core page Skill names clickable again Initiative uses the same system that (dis)advantage toggling does. It can roll advantage, disadvantage, or query. Resources on the Resources page now have the gray bar like the core page. Jack of All Trades now correctly untoggles from initiative and ability checks Added labeling to initiative. Added heal (with toggle) to resources (cannot think of any damage that goes there). Put freeform and freetext under “Extras” toggle. Fixed ability modifiers based on ability score bonus from the settings page More spell work - calculated all the attack, damage, saving throw stuff that attacks do. Did a lot of modularization of the code to reuse it all here. I did some post-processing, but I need to do more (selecting spell abilities, getting saving throw to select). Still need to set it up to have a gray bar like attacks.
Sorry, to keep asking these stupid questions, but there's some really basic aspect of this that I don't understand and I can't find the information no matter how I search. Maybe this is the question that will make it make sense. How does the pro user get the sheet early. If you're already putting the changes on github, I don't see why the pro section is offset in your reports. If the implemented sheet is on github, doesn't that mean that all of that is only accesible&nbsp;to a pro user. Again, I appologize. I just feel so stupid to not be getting this. I feel like there's some core feature to being a pro user that isn't on the site anywhere I can find.

Edited 1454373894
Kryx said: You can join the test campaign that I've set for people to check it out. I'll be in there working (breaking things). You can also grab the HTML/CSS from here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/tree/v3/D%26D_5e_Shaped" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets/tree/v3/D%26D_5e_Shaped</a> (base folder) Robert. &nbsp;see above. You then go to your game settings, choose a custom character sheet and cut and paste the HTML and CSS &nbsp;(save each time) Using customized sheets in a pro level ability for roll20 users
A pro user can use custom character sheets. That means that, instead of selecting a character sheet in the character sheet list when he create a game, he can load in is personal sheet. So, a pro user could look at Kryx's sheet right now, say "well, that looks good enough for me, I'll use that, I don't want to wait two more weeks", go to github, and copy the sheet's code into Roll20. As a non-pro player, you don't have access to that, so you need to wait for Kryx to submit the new sheet to Roll20's repository (He will do that only at the end, when everything is finish), and wait for Roll20 to approve the changes (takes around 5 days, but could be longer/faster). So, as Kryx said, there will be 3 "major" releases :&nbsp; A release to pro members that has all PC features A release to pro members that has all PC features and NPCs features A release to the public that has all features He is not gonna submit 1&2 to Roll20 for public use, so if you want to have the first/second release when he finish them (because you don't want to wait/you don't need the last features that he is gonna work on like conversion scripts from the old shaped to the new one), you can go on github and copy/pasti the code in your own campaign, and that can be only done if you are a Pro user :)
Everyday it looks better and better. Looked over everything again and here is what I took note of. These are mostly minor things to just thoughts I had while looking into it nothing major (I have left out things that seem incomplete such as the new weapon field/tie ons since they are not working atm so I assume they are to come) Core Section Thought: Should inspiration be clickable? I am not sure on what it would put in chat when clicked like other things but I took note of that since it seemed inconsistent with the rest even if it makes sense that there is no reason for it to be. Saving throws, perhaps they could use the same check mark as skills use to show proficiency so instead of standard boxes, you click and it places the same check as skills. Minor thing I thought about that may be worth at least a look to see it it looks good/right. Most likely Roll20 issue but, but Proficiency and Language fields has a minor text bug <a href="http://i.imgur.com/sNTaAl9.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/sNTaAl9.png</a> I did this by setting the cursor at the beginning of the text, hitting enter for a new line, then hitting backspace. Fixable by hitting spacebar then backspace to remove that whitespace, spacebar resets the text. Thought: Should cp, sp, gp, pp, total gp be clickable? With the sheet seeming to go for "everything is clickable to show to chat", I was thinking maybe clicking the "gp" next to value could display that in chat as other fields do. This falls sort of with inspiration as minor things not really needed but I though about while going over the sheet. Spells Just a few thoughts, may be already on the todo, but simply minor thoughts so far. I assume certain things like a condensed option is coming so stuff like that is left out. The second field for componenets (where you can list materials) is not obvious, only notice where it is with a drag/drop to see the text there. Casting. Part of me just wants to click on the box to case the spell at times, but what would be nice is a larger area in the top right clickable for casting. Resources Damage. I know it was mentioned about this but a case that resources could be used for that use damage is Cleric of Light Channel Divinity. 30ft aoe, con save or take 2d10+cleric level radiant damage. This feels like something that could go in resources so thought I would mention that case. Equipment Possible for the description section to have a drag to resize text box like traits/ideas area or like spell descriptions (the boxes with the lines in the bottom left used to resize). Seemed useful to me in the case of entering a magic item with a long&nbsp;description&nbsp;into the field as it would be annoying to&nbsp;read when you have to scroll a lot to the right when you could just expand the box to read a longer entry. These are the minor things I have thought of so far when looking over the sheet. Already seemed highly functional and usable so can't wait for the remaining features you have planned.
Okay, I still don't understand the separate entries in his reports, but at this point it looks like I'm just not going to. I'll stop bothering you all. :)&nbsp;
I hope that didn't sound too bitter grapes. :)

Edited 1454386812
Alex C.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Robert D. said: I hope that didn't sound too bitter grapes. :) I think I understand what they were saying. I'll give it a shot - He's releasing the source code (the HTML/CSS) to github as he works on it. Pro Roll20 users can select Custom under Character Sheet Templates in their campaign settings and copy/paste the code to create a custom sheet (non-Pro users can't create custom sheets). He's going to release the code in two stages, one with just the PC features, and later, one with the PC and NPC features. This is NOT an official release, but a work-in-progress. People using the sheet this way will have to update the code manually as he releases updates. Roll20 won't do it automatically. There will likely be bugs, and it will be unfinished. Once he's finalized the sheet to his satisfaction, he'll officially release it to Roll20 (where they'll go through their bug check, which could take upwards of 5 days). Once Roll20 has OK'd the sheet and officially released it, it will show up as a selectable sheet in the Character Sheet Templates. No copying or pasting of code needed at this point - just select the sheet you want in the list and go! Any updates to the sheet will happen automatically by Roll20.
Yeah, I understand all of that. My question is when he posts what he's done, he lists implemented features and pro features. But if they all release in these stages, that doesn't make any sense. No one without a pro account can get any features until the end, when it all goes public. At that point there's no difference between what features a pro user gets and a normal user. So what is this pro feature list that's different from the implemented features?
Or maybe I just proved that I don't understand it and you'll spot my flawed base assumption. I'm working on the belief that the only difference between a pro user and a normal user is the ability to install the sheet early as a custom sheet. And since none of that is live yet and it all needs to be gotten early, why is there a seperate set of Pro Features listed on all but his last update?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert D. said: My question is when he posts what he's done, he lists implemented features and pro features. The list of implemented items is on the redesigned code base. The redesigned code base will have the same features for pro uses as normal users. You're correct that the only difference is the ability for Pro uses to install it whenever they want. There are no Pro features, just a release which I consider usable enough for Pro users to start using.

Edited 1454406391
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Vanakoji: Core Inspiration should be clickable. Will add. Saving throw checkmark: Saves are a binary choice (unproficient, proficient) whereas skills have 3 choices (unproficient, proficient, expertise). I don't want to make saving throws a select because then it is a 2 step click instead of a 1 click, but I'll see what I can do. Wow, interesting. Text indent is removed after that behavior.. Not sure if I can fix. Will make coinage clickable Spells Not sure what to do about the material components field. Maybe a placeholder Spells will be like attacks - they will have a gray bar. They will be castable from that. Resources Channel divinity is very similar to fighter&nbsp;maneuvers&nbsp;in that it shares a common resource, but has different uses. It probably belongs under attacks with channel divinity as a resource for tracking. Equipment I can make the description field a text area, sure.
Sweet. Just so you know, I'm so curious because I'm so emotionally involved in all the work you're doing. :)
@Kryx Have you thought about adding an export to stat-block or pdf options? Love your sheet BTW. Waiting for that donation link!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Exporting to PDF has to be done by Roll20. It isn't something I can do as a sheet creator.

Edited 1454515280
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Implemented on the redesign (Feb 2nd): Coins on “Core” are now clickable Equipment Item’s description field is now a textarea on “Equipment” Inspiration is now clickable Spells have a gray bar like attacks Spells are now on the core page Spells have been post-processed Spell filtering works. That means you can filter on prepared, ritual, level, casting time, concentration, or components Spell level filtering added to “Core” (cannot share the same state as the level filter on “Spells”) Spells will automatically set an ability to the “attack” ability or “saving throw” ability if you have it set on the character page. It will also work for damage and healing if the spell has “Add Casting Modifier” “heal_amount” was renamed to “heal” (will affect spells and resources - so just re-enter the amount) Remaining TODO on the Pro release: Spells higher levels Spells should show spell level on the gray bar??. Spells that don’t attack should show the save DC in the attack area. Spells that don’t do damage should show something else. Tie-ons Add damage to saving throws ??? Classes as repeating Post-Process armor/weapon SRD properties like “Properties”, “Modifiers”, and “Item Type” Spells could use a bit of testing. Especially a sheet with 50+ spells to see if it gets laggy through normal use (editing fields) Contribute!!!!!!!!--------------------------------------------- Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or&nbsp;Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). If you are in the EU you can email me ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ) and I will provide an IBAN number (easier for both of us). Thanks so much for your support. Countless hours = I've been coding like a mad man since the middle of January. Nearly non stop besides sleeping, eating, and job. Seriously, thank you for the many offers of contribution and the continuing support. It is very motivating and means a lot. (I've also added this info to the OP)
@Kryx, would like to pick your brain on something wrt to this sheet. I'm working on a 'spell-page-page' system which will allow my cleric to drag and drop spell tokens into a book and have them added to his sheet. Having them all in the sheet and just relying on 'prepared' makes the charsheet far too slow. I'd like to ensure that any casting-macro buttons he creates work consistently even after spells are added/removed for the day. As such, I can't utilize the incrementing repeating ID system. I also don't want the random generated ID, as the buttons would break whenever he changes spells. What I've decided to try is to MD5-sum the spell name and set that value as the ID. Then his buttons will work consistently even if he unprepares/reprepares. I have a native-JS implementation of MD5 working on roll20, so that part is done. Any thoughts on this type of approach? Also, lemme know if there is anything I can help with on the sheet redesign. Cheers, alienth

Edited 1454451783
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Jason: I would simply recommend upgrading to the redesign shortly. It'll (hopefully) solve all the lag issues. That kind of approach sounds crazy (possibly workable though). If you want to talk further feel free to PM me. Regarding the redesign I could use help converting old fields to new fields (will be done via sheetworkers). If you want to help me work on that it'd be great.

Edited 1454474180
Vanakoji
KS Backer
Testing what I can, found some odd things,&nbsp;sheet currently has 36 spells before the following really showed up enough to fully see. Around 20+ spells, things got notably slower when using the sheet, most noticeably when dragging and dropping a new spell, the to hit field takes longer to fill in a value than on other sheets with less spells. Very noticeable lag at this point when opening the sheet as well. (having 36 spells entered at this time) &nbsp;Not sure if spell related, but weapons no longer work on the sheet I was using, upon entering a new weapon, the to hit field was never updated after entering the name. Also, changing numbers on other weapons does nothing, they are stuck in the same state as before. It seems other sheets are fine but currently the on I am using (Copy of Example Vanakoji) does not. Can't say its related to spells without a sheet that someone else isn't using. Even updateing AC value felt a tiny bit slower (to small to be sure on) Minor thoughts on a couple things. (In relation to the TODO list on spell field about the grey bar) The grey clickable spell field. Using to hit feels off, at first I thought it would be used for spell level and thought it wasn't 100% at first as it was always set a 2. It makes sense for&nbsp;consistency&nbsp;with weapons, but at the same time feels off as to hit or even saves is not always&nbsp;relevant&nbsp;to spells&nbsp;making players ask what the value there means. On the other hand, having spell level may be redundant with level sorting but would be useful when looking at "All". my thoughts based on my initial misunderstanding of that field and I defaulting to thinking it was for level. However, choosing to hit/save DC or something more as you mention may be nice for long term nice to have for the attack section (For things like the Cleric of Light Channel Diviity, understand now what you want in resourcses, but in the attack field, have save DC instead of to hit would be a nice have). Minor thing to maybe look at closer to release. The text area for equipment works much better for magic items though I do notice a small misalignment of the grey underlines between name and description. Also, the bt&nbsp;ox thaappears after a longer entry clips into the top&nbsp;grey bar. This is some really small visual stuff with alignment and spacing though at the moment that would fall under "perhaps check it when doing final polish". Here is a shot of it <a href="http://i.imgur.com/XLWAcM5.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/XLWAcM5.png</a> Saving throw checkmark: Saves are a binary choice (unproficient, proficient) whereas skills have 3 choices (unproficient, proficient, expertise). I don't want to make saving throws a select because then it is a 2 step click instead of a 1 click, but I'll see what I can do. To that, I was still implying that it would be one click, just that maybe the check boxes could instead be one click toggle which looks the same as when you select prof with skills, the same check mark. This again is one of those minor thoughts that feel like it if it is considered, to only be done when most other things are complete while doing polish on the sheet. EDIT: After another quick look over thing with removing/adding spells, Now when I add a new spell, it lags as data is entered and then goes towards the top of the list, rather than staying at its position at the bottom. I did add spells through the core pages before this happened but it seems to behaving oddly now. It seems as though the index of the list has messed up as is adding them one after the other, but in the middle of the list. Does not happen with spells already added being replaced with drag and drop, only newly added spells. Then when I reloaded the page, these new spells that were forced towards the top were the only spells on the spell page that were "expanded". Through testing, I found that now with so many spells, when I add a spell and it goes to the "middle of the list" it auto collapses and on reload seems as though it didn't really collapse and is expanded on reload. Generally a lot of lag now when expanding/collapsing spells. Expand/collapse happens almost instant, but after that there is lag before I can even scroll up or down.&nbsp; Even expanding/collapsing weapons now seems to have some lag though much less than when doing so with spell entries. It also feels like a very tiny amount with resources, hard to notice though. Same lag when adding/collapsing&nbsp;happens after updating a field is spells/weapons and going to the next/clicking off it. This lag is not just on the sheet, changing to chat from journal has the same delay when doing the above options to cause lag. Not sure how imporant, but during lag, noticable jump in CPU usage happens. Minor issue for later. Some spells such as Arcane Hand, and Contaigeon have +1 in the damage field when added to a new spell entry, can be removed by selecting and deselecting the damage field in the spell entry.

Edited 1454491827
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Some remarks after looking over the sheet again: Something is up with the attacks now, at least on certain characters. With the "Jakobs example" character, I can create a new attack, but checking the attack or damage checkboxes does not populate the grey field upstairs with an attack bonus or damage. Trying to use the attack fails. Moreover, calculation of saving throws does not seem to work (on any character I've tried). If there's no save for the attack yet, the grey field simply stays empty and no save is displayed. If there is already a save DC displayed in the box (for existing attacks) it works, but does not recalculate when e.g. changing the proficiency bonus. When dragging Magic Missile, it defaults to adding the Strength bonus to damage, even though it displays a dash in the dropdown. Selecting and unselecting Strength fixes this. Also, an undefined attribute called global melee damage bonus comes up in the calculation, this should probably never be added to spell damage. Further testing confirms this to be the case for every damage spell. There seems to be no place where you can set your casting ability mod. It's also not an option in the dropdown fields? On the first page, the ability for skills is halfway inside the '('. It ought to centered between the two.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Vanakoji: At least it looks prettier, right... right? I'll address this post when I have more time. Quick fixes for Jakob: DC for attacks is working again. Fixed magic missile adding strength by default You can set "default ability". See above: Spells will automatically set an ability to the “attack” ability or “saving throw” ability if you have it set on the character page. It will also work for damage and healing if the spell has “Add Casting Modifier” Core page skills: You'll have to show me what you mean with a screenshot. Though the text cannot be centered as it is a &lt;select&gt;.

Edited 1454495247
Vanakoji
KS Backer
@Vanakoji: At least it looks prettier, right... right? Ya it's looking great. Most of my post is related to testing lag with a lot of spells entered that you mention to test, so not a ton of little things to address. Just trying to give as much overview on where the lag is with a lot of spells and "bugs" found. Not sure how I can best describe them as I am not familiar with html/css code for reporting things so I just try to give as much detail as possible. Hope I am not breaking things too badly or going on too many small things. I really like the sheet though, was skeptic with the first version I saw but right now, look wise and function wise I can't wait to move to this sheet when done.

Edited 1454505123
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
More observations: The 'half damage' field is not displayed, neither for attacks nor for spells. Cantrips come out wrong. Somehow it reads the @{level} to be 0. Changing it manually to @{charname|level} makes it work. When filtering spells, the left/right position is preserved. So you end up having empty space in your spellbook while filtering. OK, I was just confused since you had mentioned a spellcasting ability modifier earlier. But the default ability thing seems to work fine. Small thing: Antipathy/Sympathy does not import. Perhaps it's the slash in the name? I have also just tested adding a lot of spells to a sheet, and like Vanakoji I notice a lot of lag added (in pretty much the same situations, so I won't bother with repeating the same stuff again). Opening the sheet, in particular, produces very noticeably more lag than opening a sheet without spells (having 24 imported spells in the spellbook currently).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jakob said: The 'half damage' field is not displayed, neither for attacks nor for spells. In the roll template, ya. Fixed now Jakob said: Cantrips come out wrong. Somehow it reads the @{level} to be 0. Changing it manually to @{charname|level} makes it work. Ah, that's why I had spell level named differently. Should be fixed now. Jakob said: When filtering spells, the left/right position is preserved. So you end up having empty space in your spellbook while filtering. Indeed. Nothing can be done to prevent that. On the core page it's easier as they are all vertical. Jakob said: Small thing: Antipathy/Sympathy does not import. Perhaps it's the slash in the name? Roll20 probably didn't escape the slash, ya. I'm currently optimizing the sheet workers calls. We'll see how much I can improve it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vanakoji said: @Vanakoji: At least it looks prettier, right... right? Ya it's looking great. It was a joke that all of this wouldn't be worth it if it's still laggy. :P Please, continue with the detailed testing. I was just hoping for some better initial results, but as I said a few pages ago this way isn't very performant either.

Edited 1454516921
Is there a reason some of the fields are rollable and output to the chat? I'm looking at you Proficiency Bonus, Armor Class, Ideals, Personality Traits, Bonds, Flaws, Languages, Proficiencies, Coin Values, Vulnerabilities, Resistances, Immunities. That seems unnecessary.
Something's buggy with the spells. Any time I try to edit something within the spell settings of a compendium spell, to customize or fix it, it automatically reverts back to the imported values.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rory P. said: Is there a reason some of the fields are rollable and output to the chat? I'm looking at you Proficiency Bonus, Armor Class, Ideals, Personality Traits, Bonds, Flaws, Languages, Proficiencies, Coin Values, Vulnerabilities, Resistances, Immunities. That seems unnecessary. What you may consider unneccessary others may consider a nice feature. Many users have already commented on liking this bit. Either way you don't have to use it. :) Rory P. said: Something's buggy with the spells. Any time I try to edit something within the spell settings of a compendium spell, to customize or fix it, it automatically reverts back to the imported values. I've just been editing spells so they can be manually edited. I can reproduce this on saving throw ability (fireball and the ability used). I will debug.