Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Kryx said: @Thomas in the redesign you can track ammo in the equipment area. Ah apologies, Thanks for the response!

Edited 1454798936
Dylan G.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Loving the sheet so far. A few possible improvements, though: 1: I found the tooltips for core skills pretty useful before. They're very helpful for new players, and it's nice to be able to get the skill info quickly when I'm trying to make a judgment call on which skill a player should use for something. 2: Separate passive scores for skills are a must. The Observant feat, and any related homebrew, cannot be represented accurately on the sheet without them. [EDIT]3: An ammo field for attacks would be awesome.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tooltips could be added back. I'll add it to Nice to have. Not sure what to do about passive skills - they are not displayed on the paper sheet nor the OGL sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI I have posted the first release. See&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2931919/5e-shape" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2931919/5e-shape</a>...

Edited 1454829996
@Kryx On the old sheet, for armor you could select Other in addition to Light, Medium, Heavy. &nbsp;On the new sheet, Other is not an option. &nbsp;What are your suggestions for adding things like Ring of Protection or even home brew items that are worn and give AC but not a specific armor? &nbsp;Currently, on the new sheet, you have Light, Medium, Heavy, Shield, Armored, and Unarmored. Also, it has a block for adding an overall bonus to AC. &nbsp;Will that be making an appearance? &nbsp;I ask because of things like the spell Shield. And no passive perception block? Edit: Found something. &nbsp;Not sure if it's a bug. &nbsp;When adding spells on the spell tab, you cannot add a spell unless you have "ALL" selected for the spell levels. &nbsp;When Cantrip or 1-9 are selected, the +Add button does not add a spell. Do you prefer we post things we find here or in the new thread?

Edited 1454836462
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
New thread. So Light/Medium/Heavy apply to armored with dex or not. Shield applies to both armored and unarmoed. And then you can boost armored or unarmored separately. So something like "Ring of Protection" should be labeled as "Shield". If you want to add a bonus to AC then add an item labeled as "Shield". Not 100% sure how to make this more clear. I could add "Armored and Unarmored" next to shield (though it'd act as the same thing). Any suggestions are welcome. There is no passive perception currently on the sheet, no. I'm not sure how to handle passive skills, if at all. If I add them I have to have all and if I have all I have to allow people to modify them and then how to display them... meh. And then there are the technical limitations.. Because skills are repeating I can't single one out. I'd have to show it for them all. Filtering spells always filters spells. If you want to see spells of all levels then you need to turn off filtering. It would be even worse to have the spell disappear as soon as you drag a SRD spell on and the level doesn't match the fulter.
Hey so sorry if this has already been addressed somehow already, but we ran into an issue with the sheet tonight when leveling the characters in our campaign up to level 5 and gaining the proficiency bonus. It's showing up on the Core page as Proficiency 3 but it's not actually calculating in the rolls. My more technically minded but oft-absent Co-GM looked into it and found: "the macros for rolls are referring to these attributes to determine proficiency bonus, which don't update with the total class level calculation that's used to determine what's actually SHOWN on the sheet" I'm not sure if that's what's up or if he's off base, but if either you could take a look, or give me a hand if I'm just missing something I'd really appreciate it. Sorry again if this has been brought up before and I missed it, I couldn't find anything about it while searching. Thanks!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is this on the redesign? or the old version? "base_level" doesn't exist on the redesign so it looks like either old code or the old version. You can send me an invite either way.

Edited 1454836361
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Kaelev on the armor types: I've changed them too be more succicent now. "Light Armor", "Medium Armor", "Heavy Armor", "Other Armor" (applies to armored), "Shield" (applies to both), "AC" (applies to both), "Unarmored" (applies to unarmored). Hopefully that is more clear. Items like Ring of Protection can use "AC" now. Whereas Mage Armor would use "Other Armor".
Whoops, didn't realize that the sheet didn't update when using it straight from Roll20 rather than getting the stuff off Github. Did that and now it seems to work properly. Thanks!
I created a new campaign and copied in the sheet from the github links above. All the skills are showing up twice. It lists all of them in alphabetical order and then it lists them all in alphabetical order a second time. Is that a bug on your end or could I have done something wrong with the copy?
Also, is there a way to add skills, like thieve's tools?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey Robert, I've answered your questions on the other thread. See&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2931919/5e-shape" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2931919/5e-shape</a>... This thread will be closed shortly. Let it die in the glory of knowing it hit 1k posts! :D