Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dark Mode (Roll20 so bright!)

Normal 0 21 false false false DA X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} Adding a dark mode option is fine, more options for people is great. Just please don’t do what Discord did and add new themes without giving people the option to keep the old one.
I think themes  would be a great way to implement this. Obviously keeping the current theme as default, but introducing certain color oriented themes would be a great feature.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Sorry for the delay in updates. You can see the start of our user interface updates with the Marketplace as well as the Wishlist (see yours by clicking on your name in the top right of the navigation). As this new front end code is added to more of the site, a Dark Mode will become feasible.
+1
*adds voice to chant of DARK MODE*
Any updates on this?  Last post by Roll20 was 3 months ago.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
We continue to update older pages with code that can be a base for a dark mode. You'll start to see more of those in the near term. 
Kenton said: We continue to update older pages with code that can be a base for a dark mode. You'll start to see more of those in the near term.  Thanks for the work!
Dark mode is the best mode!
I'd love a dark mode... late to the party on this but uh, yeah. IT'S SO BRIGHT O_O
+1
Being able to buy/sell themes for the main game UI would be a gigantic market add-on, you'd sell through to a significant portion of the user base, especially if they're priced right. Given the explosion of streaming popularity, this would go a long way to fighting the perception that other services have 'better UI', which is basically their only selling point right now. +100
+1 Dark mode is absolutely essential! Pretty much all apps have it these days. Save my eyes roll20, please!
Since I have tried VTTs with dark mode playing on Roll20 is burning my eyes, please for the sake of all our eye sights and more hours spend staring at the screen in the next weeks and month please hurry.
Please push this update as quickly as is able. My eyes are actually watering from the brightness of the screen.
+1 I run dark mode on all my computers and roll 20 is far too bright!
+1 darkmode!
+1 for Dark Mode

Edited 1585778564
Another +1 for Dark Mode. The brightness is not only killing the mood but also hurts the eyes. A lot. Oo Don't you know that gamers are nocturnal creatures? ;) Please, please, make it happen.
+1 for dark mode!
+1 for Dark mode
+1 Please, my EYES!
Just found this. I would also enjoy a Dark Mode.
I would LOVE a Dark mode please!
Same, please a dark mode.
A "Dark Mode" would be great, I'm also okay with themes on the marketplace as long as a basic dark theme is available for all users, including free users. In the meantime f.lux can help a lot to prevent sore eyes during night by making the screen more red. I use it for many years now and it really helps in general. Another option would be a custom theme plugin/extension for your browser. Those plugins can apply user made themes to any website.
+1
+1 here for a darker theme.
+1 from me, dog
I'd definitely make this feature follow the relatively new 'prefers-color-scheme' CSS media query. That way those folks who prefer their OS bright will keep the brightness, while we night-owls can have it dark ;) <a href="https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@media/prefers-color-scheme" rel="nofollow">https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/@media/prefers-color-scheme</a>
YES!&nbsp; my poor eyeballs...... Darkmode should be the default UI for everything. Those who want bright blinding&nbsp; white interfaces can beg for them.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Pls, o Roll20mancers give us some sweet Darkmode.
+1
+1
Those previews of the new UI look very nice! Glad to see that Roll20 is being actively worked on :) I'd certainly love to see a dark mode option. I think it would help with the immersion a bit as well.
+1
+1
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
+1 for dark mode and marketplace skins. I agree that nicer skins with scroll stylings and darker backgrounds and nice window borders is very tempting when compared to roll20. Probably my least favorite thing about roll20 right now, and if it was improved I'd continue to use it without temptation haha.
yes please
Yes!!! Dark theme!!! for my eyes!!&nbsp;
bumping, we need this!
Adding on to the pile, please give us a dark mode! It seems like it's in the works, I hope we'll get it soon.
Yes Please&nbsp;
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1