Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Create a free account

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q2Y2021)

1648741958
Ceri said: The "quickfix" I was shooting for is like something that would Show Resistance since Resistance Immunities and Vulnerabilities arent currently on the sheet. Resistances and Immunities are already on the 5E sheet.  Using that ChatSetAttr command will clear any immunities and resistances from a character that currently has them.  
1648748713
Ceri
Pro
Jarren said: Resistances and Immunities are already on the 5E sheet.  Using that ChatSetAttr command will clear any immunities and resistances from a character that currently has them.   Where on the sheet? I have Checked Core, Spells and Bio. Ive also checked the Cog as well I do not see anywhere on the sheet for a PC said Immunities and Resistances are. They are on the NPC sheet but not the PC sheet.
1648754036
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think that the confusion comes from the fact that chatsetattr will not cause those npc fields to appear on the sheet. You can use it to create attributes for resistances and immunities, or write to the npc fields, but they won't display. How were you planning on using the attribute once it is created and populated? Through an @{character_name|resistances} call in a macro? And were you looking to make a macro that would create the attribute and fill it with a value at the same time? We need to understand more about what you are trying to accomplish in order to give a meaningful answer. What is your end goal (ignoring any scripts for the moment)?
1648763557

Edited 1648763672
Ceri said: Where on the sheet? I have Checked Core, Spells and Bio. Ive also checked the Cog as well I do not see anywhere on the sheet for a PC said Immunities and Resistances are. They are on the NPC sheet but not the PC sheet.\ Immunities and Resistances for PCs are listed in the Features and Traits section. If you create a level 3 Tiefling Paladin you will see 'Hellish Resistance' and 'Divine Health' listing Fire resistance and Disease Immunity respectively. Resistances and Immunities that come from other sources (such as items) would need to be added manually to the Features and Traits section.   The npc_resistances and npc_immunities attributes already exist  on PC sheets, and are simply blank.  Using that ChatSetAttr command will only delete any information that may be stored there.  And adding anything to either attribute will not make it display on the PC sheet either, though it will make it visible in the Attributes list. So unfortunately the PC version of the sheet does not have a dedicated area for listing resistances, immunities, or vulnerabilities, other than as individual items in the Features and Traits section.
1648823806
Ceri
Pro
keithcurtis said: I think that the confusion comes from the fact that chatsetattr will not cause those npc fields to appear on the sheet. You can use it to create attributes for resistances and immunities, or write to the npc fields, but they won't display. How were you planning on using the attribute once it is created and populated? Through an @{character_name|resistances} call in a macro? And were you looking to make a macro that would create the attribute and fill it with a value at the same time? We need to understand more about what you are trying to accomplish in order to give a meaningful answer. What is your end goal (ignoring any scripts for the moment)? Jarren said: Immunities and Resistances for PCs are listed in the Features and Traits section. If you create a level 3 Tiefling Paladin you will see 'Hellish Resistance' and 'Divine Health' listing Fire resistance and Disease Immunity respectively. Resistances and Immunities that come from other sources (such as items) would need to be added manually to the Features and Traits section.   The npc_resistances and npc_immunities attributes already exist  on PC sheets, and are simply blank.  Using that ChatSetAttr command will only delete any information that may be stored there.  And adding anything to either attribute will not make it display on the PC sheet either, though it will make it visible in the Attributes list. So unfortunately the PC version of the sheet does not have a dedicated area for listing resistances, immunities, or vulnerabilities, other than as individual items in the Features and Traits section. Okay in order. The goal of all of this is to get some kind of roll attribute. I understand i could just drop them in features and traits and then remember that oh if this happens then i gotta * by this number. Im looking for something i can link to for like example a barbarian rages so if a barbarian gets hit then the damage is already mitigated. Also as a easier way to see vulnerabilities/resistances/immunities so that they arent necessarily lost in the mix of 20+ features and traits from race feats and class at higher levels.
1648826799

Edited 1648827642
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Excellent! Then to answer your questions: The D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet is not designed to display those values directly. It is modeled after the print sheet from WotC which doesn't lsit them either. They are listed in NPC statblocks, for the same reason. You could set the NPC fields on a PC programatically, but you cannot get them to display in any usable fashion without redesigning the sheet, which is proprietary code, and thus unavailable. You could likewise create custom attributes for either a text field list of resistances which could be parsed, or an attribute for resistance for each kind of damage (repeat for immunities and vulnerabilities). The last option is probably the one most likely to be usable for what you envision if your goal is that level of automation. Chat Set Attr could create the fields for you on any selected character. If you want to use this programatically, you could create an attribute called "dmg_fire" and multiply all fire damage by it before applying. Values would be: 0 = immunity .5 = resistance 1= normal (default value) 2 = vulnerability That being said, this would be a lot of work to set up. The ChatSetAttr macro would make it easy to add the fields, and could be added to any set up macro you might already use. But you would also need to develop a damage application system that takes this into account, so you can click on a character and input damage value and type and have it apply. My honest opinion is that this is far more work than it is worth.
1648827053
Ceri
Pro
keithcurtis said: Excellent! Then to answer your questions: The D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet is not designed to display those values directly. It is modeled after the print sheet from WotC which doesn't lsit them either. They are listed in NPC statblocks, for the same reason. You could set the NPC fields on a PC programatically, but you cannot get them to display in any usable fashion without redesigning the sheet, which is proprietary code, and thus unavailable. You could likewise create custom attributes for either a text field list of resistances which could be parsed, or an attribute for resistance for each kind of damage (repeat for immunities and vulnerabilities). The last option is probably the one most likely to be usable for what you envision if your goal is that level of automation. Chat Set Attr could create the fields for you on any selected character. If you want to use this programatically, you could create an attribute called "dmg_fire" and multiply all fire damage by it before applying. Values would be: 0 = immunity .5 = resistance 1= normal (default value) 2 - vulnerability That being said, this would be a lot of work to set up. The ChatSetAttr macro would make it easy to add the fields, and could be added to any set up macro you might already use. But you would also need to develop a damage application system that takes this into account, so you can click on a character and input damage value and type and have it apply. My honest opinion is that this is far more work than it is worth. Hrms it is starting to sound like it. Thank you so much for the assistance all of you. Sorry i wasnt the most clear.
1648827875
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No worries at all. One script you might want to look into is autoButtons . Although it won't help with the reporting, it makes applying modified damage a breeze.
1648965874

Edited 1648965888
I am having a problem with a manually added item on the sheet. One of the things this weapon is supposed to do is make the character's Constitution 20. The Characters Con is 14 without the item equipped. When I equip it it makes the Con 34 instead of 20.Below is the code I am using in the "mod" box. Item Type: Melee Weapon, Damage: 1d8, Damage Type: Bludgeoning, Secondary Damage: 2d10, Secondary Damage Type: Force, Constitution 20 Everything else seems to be working correctly
1648968935

Edited 1648969130
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try Constitution: 20 That's not supposed to be the way it works according to the documentation (which I wrote and tested last year), but seems to be the way it functions now. I have just corrected that data.
1648992376
Oosh
Sheet Author
Might've been a typo? I'm pretty sure that's always how it was: if ( mod . indexOf ( ":" ) > - 1 ) {         var new_base = ! isNaN ( parseInt ( mod . replace ( / [^ 0-9 ] / g , "" ), 10 )) ? parseInt ( mod . replace ( / [^ 0-9 ] / g , "" ), 10 ) : false ;         item_base = new_base && new_base > item_base ? new_base : item_base ; I can't remember how old this 5e code is... probably years... but it's clearly got its colon showing.
Hello everyone wasn’t sure if this is the right place to ask this but I’ve been having some issues with HP values changing on their own. While this bug was simple to fix by clicking on the token and -1 to reset it back to its original value. It has gone to the point where one the PC character sheet HP completely changed to 12 when it was originally 32 or something like that.
1649000054
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi RedPanic Mage! I cant reproduce this. Can you give some repro steps? Also, could you clarify a little bit about what is changing? HP? HP|max? On the token, if not linked? On the sheet if linked? How did typing "-1" (and where) revert anything to an original value? I'm a little confused by this. Also, are you using any extensions that alter the behavior of Roll20?
1649003202

Edited 1649003397
I’m not using any extensions.  I’m bad at explaining so this might take a while. That and I’m also at work. Every so often when I get into the game room all the player character tokens hp value on their tokens change back to the hp value they had at level 1, the token themselves are tied to a character sheet and the first bar attribute is set to hp. When this first happened I was confused and I subtracted the hp on the token as if they were to take damage and that would reset the value to be the same on the character sheet. Today I go into the game to do some work before the next session and I noticed this happened again so I went to do the same trick as last time but the values didn’t change. So I checked the HP on the character sheet and it’s 12 when it should be higher because the PC is level 4. I have not done anything and the player himself didn’t  do anything either. 
1649007580

Edited 1649007594
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It might be helpful to post a screen shot of the token settings, but here are two things to check: Make sure that the token bar is linked to hp. The bar values should autofill with current and max values. Never set the value in the righthand field when in the token editing dialog box. Make sure that the tokens are set up properly. This is an easy process to get the order wrong in. Make sure you save a set up token as default as the very last step. And if you ever edit the token again with an eye to setting it as the new default, save as default at that point. Here is the wiki article on  Linking Tokens to Journals Here is a  video  which demonstrates the procedure
1649017385
keithcurtis said: Try Constitution: 20 That's not supposed to be the way it works according to the documentation (which I wrote and tested last year), but seems to be the way it functions now. I have just corrected that data. That did it. Thank you
"Short Rest" Button does absolutely NOTHING! "Long Rest" maxes everything out (Hit Dice back to full, used spell slots recovered etc.) as is expected... Why is there even a Button for "Short rest" if it does absolutely nothing?
1649167806

Edited 1649168271
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did you set any of your resources to recover on a short rest? Every resource is now expandable so that you can indicate if it recharges on a short or long rest. There's also a pretty snazzy button that allows you to set the number to your Proficiency Bonus score, which WotC seems to be moving to. Finally, when I click Short Rest, the Hit Dice dialog button appears, if multiclassed (if you are single classed, you don't need the dialog, the functionality is already there). If you are not seeing any of this behavior, try setting your resources to have recovery values. And perhaps force a completely fresh reload of the campaign while holding down the shift key.
1649170524
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, since no one seems to be saying it: Thanks for working hard to improve the sheet and adding these two new excellent and elegant buttons, Sheet Devs! Great additions, especially for those without Pro accounts.
1649174651
I think this is a nice addition to the sheet functionality as well.  I wish it would populate the chat with the information as the API does so that the player and GM know what has been updated on the character sheet.  I know as the DM of several groups that seeing what is updated helps with tracking those players who are not keeping their resources updated as they use them. 
1649175804

Edited 1649175882
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I totally agree that a chat confirmation would be nice, but this is keeping in line with edits to a character sheet being silent. No chat message is given when a character simply adjusts a resource. Given the potential scope of changes, a simple "___________ takes a short rest" would be sufficient. GMs who want the benefit of the improved capabilities of an API script can continue to do so and ask their players to refrain  from using the buttons.
1649177533

Edited 1649177885
Gauss
Forum Champion
TheMarkus1204 said: "Short Rest" Button does absolutely NOTHING! "Long Rest" maxes everything out (Hit Dice back to full, used spell slots recovered etc.) as is expected... Why is there even a Button for "Short rest" if it does absolutely nothing? In my testing, short rest restores any ability counters I have set to short rest.  For Warlock short rest correctly restores the spell slots.  Long Rest appears to correctly add 1/2 maximum hit dice (rounded down) to the current total.  One note though: If you are changing the maximum hit dice directly, rather than changing your level. It will not reflect that change. It will be based off of the level. (Perhaps this should be changed, for corner case issues where the maximum hit dice is different than the level for some currently unknown reason.) Long Rest appears to also restore anything a short rest restores (nice).  Long Rest correctly restores health to full.  Everything seems to be working correctly for me. 
1649177957

Edited 1649177976
Gauss
Forum Champion
Bravo! A very nice upgrade to the sheet's functionality. My players will love this.  With that said, I might suggest a few tweaks to it. In order of priority:  Tweak 1: a 'did you mean to do this'? verification after hitting Short or Long Rest. If a player accidentally hits this they will probably not remember where all their spell slots, ability total, hit points, etc are at to restore everything.  Tweak 2: PB should allow for PB/2 as some abilities are PB/2. Tweak 3: Now that we have PB determining number of uses, how about expanding that to ability scores? Many abilities are # of uses based on an ability score.  Tweak 4: Hit dice regained during a long rest. Some (many?) groups houserule it is rounded up, or keep a half a hit dice count. An option (bury it though) for these house rules might be a good thing.  Again, yay for this new functionality! :)
1649192572

Edited 1649193066
Gauss said: TheMarkus1204 said: "Short Rest" Button does absolutely NOTHING! "Long Rest" maxes everything out (Hit Dice back to full, used spell slots recovered etc.) as is expected... Why is there even a Button for "Short rest" if it does absolutely nothing? In my testing, short rest restores any ability counters I have set to short rest.  For Warlock short rest correctly restores the spell slots.  Long Rest appears to correctly add 1/2 maximum hit dice (rounded down) to the current total.  One note though: If you are changing the maximum hit dice directly, rather than changing your level. It will not reflect that change. It will be based off of the level. (Perhaps this should be changed, for corner case issues where the maximum hit dice is different than the level for some currently unknown reason.) Long Rest appears to also restore anything a short rest restores (nice).  Long Rest correctly restores health to full.  Everything seems to be working correctly for me.  Either I am missing the Obvious OR it simply does not work as intended! I have NO options to set for short rest and at least I'd expect a popup to open asking how many hit die I want to spend in order to recover lost HP! Long Rest works perfectly fine, reseting everything back to full. Charactermancer was NOT used to create or level up the character! Below you can see how the settings menu look to me:
1649194937
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
There's a cog wheel that shows up when you mouse over a resource. You can change recovery options there.
1649195058
Hi Devs, massive thank you!  Me and my players discovered the new short and long rest buttons during our game last night and loved it. Everyone figured out the resource settings super intuitively. Keep up the good work! 
1649206674

Edited 1649207038
Oosh
Sheet Author
Gauss said: Long Rest appears to correctly add 1/2 maximum hit dice (rounded down) to the current total.  One note though: If you are changing the maximum hit dice directly, rather than changing your level. It will not reflect that change. It will be based off of the level. (Perhaps this should be changed, for corner case issues where the maximum hit dice is different than the level for some currently unknown reason.) Having taken a very cheeky peak at the new code (some nice-looking code!), the HD part of the function is probably the most involved part of a LR reset, however, almost all of that function involves new attributes which aren't functional yet. It references 'repeating_hd_' attributes, and I can't find a repeating section for hit dice on a new character leveled up and multi-classed. It still uses the old Query construct & static attributes that've been there for ages. Reading through a bit more... it looks like there's a whopping great Hit Dice update coming some time soon - nice! It's looking extremely capable. At a guess, the charactermancer workers aren't ready to handle it yet, so it hasn't gone live. on topic - you're 100% right though, it is calculating the HD to restore from the @{level} attribute, and not @{hit_dice_max}. Looks like @{level} was maybe going to be a fallback, but that didn't quite happen.
1649250073

Edited 1649250166
David M. said: There's a cog wheel that shows up when you mouse over a resource. You can change recovery options there. THX! Yes, it does indeed appear but ONLY on Class ressources! It would be nice IF the short rest button is pressed a popup would appear asking how many Hit Die (if any) you want to spend and recover the amount of HP rolled automatically! Also while in Dark mode those cogwheels turn from grey to black and are nearly invisible! It'd help if they were colored red, purple or some other color... anything else than black!
1649252267

Edited 1649252439
Class Resource is set to recover on Short Rest. BUT if I click on Short rest, this feature does NOT get reset!  There are 4 SP in total, for this example I lowered it to 1. I'd expect it to reset to 4 after clicking the button. But it does NOT! (PB = Proficiency Bonus is obviously not used!) Besides uBlock origin NO EXTENSION is installed! Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit!
1649254094
I just tried a test with a Monk character. The monk has 5 ki points. I set the resource (which is labelled as class_resource) to 1, and used the cog wheel to reset on a short rest. I then clicked the Short Rest button and the ki was reset back to 5.  I also tested it on a Sorcerer, and the Sorcerer Points class resource and that worked too. As to your other point, I checked the resources on another character that has several non class resource boxes including ammo (a repeating_resource), and a custom one for that campaign (labeled as repeating_resource_left_name) and the cog wheel appears on all the resource boxes.  TheMarkus1204 said: Class Resource is set to recover on Short Rest. BUT if I click on Short rest, this feature does NOT get reset!  There are 4 SP in total, for this example I lowered it to 1. I'd expect it to reset to 4 after clicking the button. But it does NOT! (PB = Proficiency Bonus is obviously not used!) Besides uBlock origin NO EXTENSION is installed! Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit!
1649254602
Oosh
Sheet Author
TheMarkus1204 said: There are 4 SP in total, for this example I lowered it to 1. I'd expect it to reset to 4 after clicking the button. But it does NOT! (PB = Proficiency Bonus is obviously not used!) Besides uBlock origin NO EXTENSION is installed! Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit! I think you've got your fields confused there. You need a number in the top row, not 'SP'. The bottom row where it says 'class resource' is the label.
1649256967
Hmm, I didn't see this in the Change Log. Nice, tho'. And I guess I can get rid of the short/long rest scripts I have going.
1649257072

Edited 1649257415
I changed it but now I cannot test it because the buttons have vanished! EDIT: Nevermind. It was set to not show in the Settings of the sheet (which is strange because I did not deactivate those!). Anyway, with the option set it works just fine. BUT still, it'd be nice to have the popup for Hit die to spend to recover lost HP on a short rest and for the HP to recover the rolled amount automatically.
1649347519
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TheMarkus1204 said: I changed it but now I cannot test it because the buttons have vanished! EDIT: Nevermind. It was set to not show in the Settings of the sheet (which is strange because I did not deactivate those!). Anyway, with the option set it works just fine. BUT still, it'd be nice to have the popup for Hit die to spend to recover lost HP on a short rest and for the HP to recover the rolled amount automatically. It does this for multiclass hit dice (which still need Dark Mode treatment). Is there a popup for single class hit dice, or do you just click the resource name? And thank you dev team for the quick turnaround on making the buttons optional for those who do not need or like them. For myself, I plan to keep them on and look forward to the future planned functionality.
1649351614
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did some quick investigation. For those who have API access, you can use the script ChatSetAttr to quickly switch the visibility of the rest buttons for any selected character: On: !setattr --sel --silent --use_rest_buttons|1 Off: !setattr --sel --silent --use_rest_buttons|0 If you would like to make the act of taking a short or long rest part of a macro or command in a  Macro Character Sheet , you can use: %{selected|short_rest} and %{selected|long_rest}
keithcurtis said: TheMarkus1204 said: I changed it but now I cannot test it because the buttons have vanished! EDIT: Nevermind. It was set to not show in the Settings of the sheet (which is strange because I did not deactivate those!). Anyway, with the option set it works just fine. BUT still, it'd be nice to have the popup for Hit die to spend to recover lost HP on a short rest and for the HP to recover the rolled amount automatically. It does this for multiclass hit dice (which still need Dark Mode treatment). Is there a popup for single class hit dice, or do you just click the resource name? And thank you dev team for the quick turnaround on making the buttons optional for those who do not need or like them. For myself, I plan to keep them on and look forward to the future planned functionality. The only Button I am talking about with this is the one for short rest ;)
1649358904

Edited 1649359016
Think I noticed an oversight while prepping for a upcoming campaign that will be using the optional Sanity rules. When going to use the charactermancer and getting to the Abilities section when creating a new character Sanity is not included as an option for any ability score methods. Sanity doesn't appear as something you can chose a score for in any method. It will give me a standard array with just the normal ability scores. When adding sanity or honor it should have an additional 11 to the array. When I do 4d6 drop the lowest, it'll roll 6 ability scores to use for the normal ability scores not 7 for normal abilities + Sanity When I do point buy, it does add the extra 3 points suggested in the DMG but still doesn't have Sanity as an option so you basically have to calculate it yourself and add it later.  The only place Sanity appears is in the top row where all the ability scores are displayed as you use the charactermancer, where it stays a -- since you cannot chose an ability score for it.
1649399014

Edited 1649399033
Did they remove the "Rest" buttons? I can't see them anymore. By the way, in each ressource option, what is the purpose of the "Use PB?" check box?
1649404607

Edited 1649404622
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi drloser! It's now an option in the settings tab of the sheet. See my post above for some ways to auto change that. "Use PB" is use Proficiency Bonus. Many new WotC changes are making increasing use of that for controlling uses of abilities.
drloser said: Did they remove the "Rest" buttons? I can't see them anymore. By the way, in each ressource option, what is the purpose of the "Use PB?" check box? In the Settings Menu of the sheet in the middle column the very last option. There is a toggle for those Buttons. If you want to see them, you need to set it to "on", otherwise those are hidden. As for your other question: I don't know IF there are any class resources, that'd make use of Proficiency Bonus. For me, it does not make sense to put it there but again, I do not know if there are classes making use of it.
1649411249

Edited 1649411355
Thanks to both of you!
1649437421
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TheMarkus1204 said: As for your other question: I don't know IF there are any class resources, that'd make use of Proficiency Bonus. For me, it does not make sense to put it there but again, I do not know if there are classes making use of it. PB was added to class and race resources starting with Tasha's and will feature heavily in the reworks coming with the release of Mordenkainen's Multiverse of Madness.
1649440955
What do we need to do to get Lair Actions added to the character sheet? Or are they hidden somewhere that I haven't found yet?
1649442675
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Saul J. said: What do we need to do to get Lair Actions added to the character sheet? Or are they hidden somewhere that I haven't found yet? Lair Actions and Regional Effects are not part of the 5e stat block. They are listed in the descriptive text. Roll20 follows this. Look at a copy of the print Monster Manual entry for Ancient Red Dragon as an example.
keithcurtis said: Saul J. said: What do we need to do to get Lair Actions added to the character sheet? Or are they hidden somewhere that I haven't found yet? Lair Actions and Regional Effects are not part of the 5e stat block. They are listed in the descriptive text. Roll20 follows this. Look at a copy of the print Monster Manual entry for Ancient Red Dragon as an example. While you are technically correct (the best kind of correct!), and I'm sure Roll20 abides by certain publishing guidelines/agreements, this is one of those things I really WISH they could change for value-add of a VTT. It would be incredibly mechanically useful for this to be a part of the sheet.
1649443994
I agree with Loren. It would be extremely useful.  And while the information on lairs is added to some of the monsters' descriptive text (like, as you pointed out, Ancient Red Dragon), it is not in the descriptive text of monsters from books like Volo's Guide to Monsters. For example, in VGtM there is a section on hag lairs and none of that information is included in the Compendium entry even though I bought VGtM. Loren the GM said: keithcurtis said: Saul J. said: What do we need to do to get Lair Actions added to the character sheet? Or are they hidden somewhere that I haven't found yet? Lair Actions and Regional Effects are not part of the 5e stat block. They are listed in the descriptive text. Roll20 follows this. Look at a copy of the print Monster Manual entry for Ancient Red Dragon as an example. While you are technically correct (the best kind of correct!), and I'm sure Roll20 abides by certain publishing guidelines/agreements, this is one of those things I really WISH they could change for value-add of a VTT. It would be incredibly mechanically useful for this to be a part of the sheet.
1649475090
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Saul J. said: I agree with Loren. It would be extremely useful.  And while the information on lairs is added to some of the monsters' descriptive text (like, as you pointed out, Ancient Red Dragon), it is not in the descriptive text of monsters from books like Volo's Guide to Monsters. For example, in VGtM there is a section on hag lairs and none of that information is included in the Compendium entry even though I bought VGtM. It is in there  (all the text of any WotC book conversion is included somewhere.) I agree that it would be handy to have it included in the creature when you pull it out, but where would that stop? It's buried in the middle of the chapter on hags in general. Roll20 has no way of knowing which things a user might find important to a particular monster, and including the entire chapter with every pull of a hag from the compendium would be overkill. It might be nice for the monster types from Volo's to have links to their particular chapter. It's difficult to figure out the best way to coordinate across books. In any case, searching the compendium for "hag" reveals all sorts of lore, including lair actions.
1649974548

Edited 1649974570
JunM
Pro
I am unable to delete an entry in the Attack list. Even when the list is unlocked, clicking the delete button does nothing. The sheet was created using an API script BeyondImporter.
1649975426
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Have you contacted the creator of the script?