Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20

Oh wow I see it now. Annoying bug. Thank you, was driving me crazy. Gauss said: Erudo said: Recently I'm noticing a strange bug with a particular player's 5e sheet. When editing damage dice and damage bonus, the fields would snap back to '1', from '1d8', '1d6' etc. Only way to fix it seems to drag a new weapon. But the problem returns when trying to add new damage bonus. Anyone else experienced this, and if yes how did you fix it? This is a known bug, the equipment mod line can get corrupted. The solution is not to use it unless you have to, which in the case of attacks you don't have to.  Edit the equipment, remove the checkmark for attack. Manually re-create the attack. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Erudo said: Oh wow I see it now. Annoying bug. Thank you, was driving me crazy. Gauss said: Erudo said: Recently I'm noticing a strange bug with a particular player's 5e sheet. When editing damage dice and damage bonus, the fields would snap back to '1', from '1d8', '1d6' etc. Only way to fix it seems to drag a new weapon. But the problem returns when trying to add new damage bonus. Anyone else experienced this, and if yes how did you fix it? This is a known bug, the equipment mod line can get corrupted. The solution is not to use it unless you have to, which in the case of attacks you don't have to.  Edit the equipment, remove the checkmark for attack. Manually re-create the attack.  You ever write something, edit it, and somehow don't completely fix the edit? LOL That should have said something very different (less garbled).  The garbled line should read:  "The solution is not to use it unless you have to, which in the case of attacks won't get corrupted."

Edited 1725160938
Hello all, I am trying to create a table in a handout for a DnD5e game, for just for me (the GM) to see, with a link to every player's character sheet, and ideally their current AC and HP, for a quick reference point during combat.  I got the sheets linked, but I can't figure out a way to link the AC and HP pull to the current info, either from the character sheet, or the token. Is this something that can be done without a pro account? I apologize if this has been answered before, I tried searching several different ways, and couldn't find it. Thanks!

Edited 1725165656
Daniel K. said: I am trying to create a table in a handout for a DnD5e game, for just for me (the GM) to see, with a link to every player's character sheet, and ideally their current AC and HP, for a quick reference point during combat.  I got the sheets linked, but I can't figure out a way to link the AC and HP pull to the current info, either from the character sheet, or the token. Is this something that can be done without a pro account? That is not possible without a Roll20 Pro account. However, if you want another solution, you could use the EncounterMule feature with the D&D 5E Statblock Macromule . It is available to Free users, either by using one of your three character export slots, or by manually cutting-and-pasting attributes and abilities into a couple 'mule' characters.  Here's what the PC Encounter menu looks like:
Gauss
Forum Champion
Daniel K. said: Hello all, I am trying to create a table in a handout for a DnD5e game, for just for me (the GM) to see, with a link to every player's character sheet, and ideally their current AC and HP, for a quick reference point during combat.  I got the sheets linked, but I can't figure out a way to link the AC and HP pull to the current info, either from the character sheet, or the token. Is this something that can be done without a pro account? I apologize if this has been answered before, I tried searching several different ways, and couldn't find it. Thanks! Hi Daniel,  You could use a macro for this, pop the macro anytime you need the information. example:  /w GM &{template:default} {{name=Quick reference}} {{List= Player1 HP: @{Player1|hp} / @{Player1|hp|max} AC: @{Player1|ac} Player2 HP: @{Player2|hp} / @{Player2|hp|max} AC: @{Player2|ac} }}
Gauss said: Hi Daniel,  You could use a macro for this, pop the macro anytime you need the information. example:  /w GM &{template:default} {{name=Quick reference}} {{List= Player1 HP: @{Player1|hp} / @{Player1|hp|max} AC: @{Player1|ac} Player2 HP: @{Player2|hp} / @{Player2|hp|max} AC: @{Player2|ac} }} This is great!! Thank you!
Jarren said: That is not possible without a Roll20 Pro account. However, if you want another solution, you could use the EncounterMule feature with the D&D 5E Statblock Macromule . It is available to Free users, either by using one of your three character export slots, or by manually cutting-and-pasting attributes and abilities into a couple 'mule' characters.  Wow, this looks exactly like what I am wanting. I will definitely have to spend some time with this, and get it set up. Thanks for your help!!
Lunchbox
Pro
Marketplace Creator
How come when dragging a weapon from the compendium to the character sheet it takes the whole description with it in text, and then copys that to the chat when rolling for damage? This is super inconvenient and I have to delete it every time I add a weapon to a character sheet, every time I make a new character for my game. I'm making a lot of characters and this is driving me insane..
This is probably a compendium issue. I've seen the same behavior myself. I'd post a bug report via the help center (not the bug report forum) to bring it to the dev's attention. Lunchbox said: How come when dragging a weapon from the compendium to the character sheet it takes the whole description with it in text, and then copys that to the chat when rolling for damage? This is super inconvenient and I have to delete it every time I add a weapon to a character sheet, every time I make a new character for my game. I'm making a lot of characters and this is driving me insane..
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Lunchbox, The problem here is not a Compendium issue, it isn't even really an NPC character sheet issue. It is a D&D 5e issue.  NPC sheets are not designed the same as the PC sheets because NPC attack modifiers are not created using a formula like PC attack modifiers are. NPC attack modifiers are 'whatever the creator wanted' as per the rules in the DMG.  Because of this it is my guess that the NPC character sheets were not expected to have items dragged and dropped onto them without significant editing.  This is demonstrated in your screenshot where the attack/damage statblock is not correctly written. Again, not a Compendium issue as there is no formula for attack and damage bonuses for NPCs. 
Lunchbox
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This worked fine about a year ago though. I don't understand why they would update it to some "make work project" because no one wants that populating in their chat when they roll damage.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This looks like new behavior to me, too.

Edited 1725591982
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hmmm, I don't remember ever being able to drag/drop items to the NPC sheet and have them populate correctly but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  With that said, no matter what I cannot imagine that equipment being dragged and dropped to the NPC sheet correctly populated the attack and damage section simply because there are no rules to govern it. So that would have to be manually updated in any case. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gauss said: Hmmm, I don't remember ever being able to drag/drop items to the NPC sheet and have them populate correctly but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  With that said, no matter what I cannot imagine that equipment being dragged and dropped to the NPC sheet correctly populated the attack and damage section simply because there are no rules to govern it. So that would have to be manually updated in any case.  I could be wrong about the description field, but yeah, bonuses have to be manually updated in any case for NPCs. WotC did not bother with consistency on NPC statblocks (which I actually find to be a good choice).
Archetypes, Not sure if this is the correct thread for this question but, is there method of multiclassing  Archetypes as  opposed to profession? I.E. Rogue who has both Swashbuckler AND Assassin  Archetypes
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TJ said: Archetypes, Not sure if this is the correct thread for this question but, is there method of multiclassing  Archetypes as  opposed to profession? I.E. Rogue who has both Swashbuckler AND Assassin  Archetypes Hi TJ! You could do it by manually entering the necessary features, but no, the Charactermancer cannot handle this sort of outside-the-normal-rules accounting.
Archetypes Thanks for that KeithCurtis, appreciated it. Thought that migh be the answer. 
Lunchbox
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Gauss said: Hmmm, I don't remember ever being able to drag/drop items to the NPC sheet and have them populate correctly but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  With that said, no matter what I cannot imagine that equipment being dragged and dropped to the NPC sheet correctly populated the attack and damage section simply because there are no rules to govern it. So that would have to be manually updated in any case.  I didn't say anything about the attack/dmg section. My post was about the lengthy weapon description 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Lunchbox said: Gauss said: Hmmm, I don't remember ever being able to drag/drop items to the NPC sheet and have them populate correctly but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  With that said, no matter what I cannot imagine that equipment being dragged and dropped to the NPC sheet correctly populated the attack and damage section simply because there are no rules to govern it. So that would have to be manually updated in any case.  I didn't say anything about the attack/dmg section. My post was about the lengthy weapon description  Yes, but since you have to edit the attack/damage section anyhow on any weapon drag/drop deleting the weapon description is but three extra commands. (Click the field, ctrl+A, delete key)
FWIW, my recently ended campaign which lasted about 4 years or so worked just fine with dragging items (including weapons) to NPC sheets. The description was not copied to the chat at any point - whether when dropping the weapon onto the sheet or using it. Could this possibly be something that changed in preparation for the new 2024 rules? Lunchbox said: How come when dragging a weapon from the compendium to the character sheet it takes the whole description with it in text, and then copys that to the chat when rolling for damage? This is super inconvenient and I have to delete it every time I add a weapon to a character sheet, every time I make a new character for my game. I'm making a lot of characters and this is driving me insane..
Lunchbox
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I don't know why it got messed up but I flagged it as a bug and they are looking into it. However long that takes. I agree though, this was not an issue in my previously played games over the last three years.  Saul J. said: FWIW, my recently ended campaign which lasted about 4 years or so worked just fine with dragging items (including weapons) to NPC sheets. The description was not copied to the chat at any point - whether when dropping the weapon onto the sheet or using it. Could this possibly be something that changed in preparation for the new 2024 rules? Lunchbox said: How come when dragging a weapon from the compendium to the character sheet it takes the whole description with it in text, and then copys that to the chat when rolling for damage? This is super inconvenient and I have to delete it every time I add a weapon to a character sheet, every time I make a new character for my game. I'm making a lot of characters and this is driving me insane..
With all this work going on with Jumpgate I hope that 2014 is not forgotten, there are still lot's of bugs.