Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20

The thread for all things Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20 sheet related including both the sheet itself and the Charactermancers. This the place for to collect known issues, bug reports, and see recent changes. Sheet Summary Most Recent Updates Resolved a visual display issue with the Charactermancer. Improved skill handling across the sheet. Resolved an issue with Spending Level calculation What’s Next? Sheet overhaul, including: Updated visual appearance Resolving lingering issues with broken dice rolls Improved NPC support How to Report a Bug Use this link to report a bug on Roll20’s Help Center. This is the best way to ensure the problem is seen by our team of sheet authors. When reporting a bug in this thread, please use the templates below. Sheet Issue Template Description of issue: Try being as detailed as possible when writing a description. Documenting the exact steps you've taken will let us follow the same path in trying to replicate & test the issue. Screenshots: A picture is worth a 1,000 words and a Gif 10,000. Feature Request Template Brief Description: A quick summation of the feature, why it is needed and who it would help. Screenshots: Book (Core Rule Book, Bestiary...), page #s
Some updates from the previous thread: Various reports of Skill/Attribute rolls not functioning correctly: Thank you for reporting this bug, thanks to the report from Jacob S. we were able to identify the cause and bundle a solution into a large patch that is imminently forthcoming. Incorrect Skill Names in Roll Templates: This is a perennial issue that we keep thinking is resolved, only for it to rear its ugly head again. This is a component of the long overdue update I mentioned earlier, and has been added to our routine tests for each build of this sheet. Apologies for the length of time it has taken us to appropriately address this issues. Various Issues with the Charactermancer: This will be the team's next focus for Call of Cthulhu, following the big update I'm teasing in this post. The charactermancer is due some TLC, and will prove a good springboard for future charactermancer content. Please let me know if there's anything I missed. Many thanks, and happy gaming.
I'm seeing several issues when making skill rolls, is there an anticipated date for the above patch? Admittedly I am new to Roll20 so maybe doing something stupid, but I don't think so

Edited 1622396456
I'm waiting for the moment in which this particular character sheet supports other ages beyond 1920s, like Modern and Dark Ages games. If that happens, I believe the sheet will gain tons of positive points by the community.
Any updates on when the patch to fix the skill/attribute rolls is going to roll out?
Hey folks, Apologies for the delay on this, but we've finally released a big update to the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition sheet. Here's the info: Player Sheet   Refined the visual styling with new borders, fonts and reduced space wastage Relocated the Conditions and Insanities toggles, and provided new threshold values for a Major Wound and a Temporary Insanity Added 1/2 and 1/5 values for each characteristic. Added 'rollable' indicators to locations with buttons where they were not previously clear Redesigned item and spell cards to be clearer and more heuristic Old version of character sheet is on the left, new version on the right:   Rollable Indicators:   New item/spell card design:   NPC Sheet Redesigned the sheet to be more respectful of a user's screen space; presenting all the same information in about 1/4 to 1/8th the screen real estate, depending on the exact monster. Skills are now collated, and only show the specific skills the creatures have. The advanced skill panel is now concealed behind a toggle, but Keepers can enable it if they want that added functionality. Spells are also hidden behind a toggle, but easily turned on if the Keeper wants that functionality. Edit mode is easier to use, presenting all of the information without anything being concealed behind a toggle to allow keepers to see all the fields they need to create a creature. Toggling edit mode off will only display the sections with content in them. Former NPC sheet on the left, updated NPC sheet on the right:     And, the most exciting part:   Randomized NPC Stats Now, when dragging and dropping a monster to the sheet, you have the option to request for the sheet to randomize the NPC stats. This is directly from how Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition encourages you to play, and is a great way to introduce uncertainness in players!     You can toggle this setting within the NPC’s character sheet settings, or from the Game Settings page:     You’ll want the setting to be on “Query” to take advantage of this feature.
Thank You So Much!!

Edited 1625221766
Coryphon
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi there, I’m just investigating the free CoC module with The Haunting Scenario... In trying to create a character I get to occupation which says ‘No Compendium Loaded’ and steers me towards the full rule set...  Is it possible to create a character with just the free rules to try it out? Thanks, Simon Edit: On the ‘Characteristics’ section of the charactermancer the right hand page has a big ‘Page Not Found’ error... Edit: Ok, I hit the link to load the compendium, but just get an infinite spinning busy circle... Edit: I somehow added a custom...something...think it was Occupation, and managed to create a character...onwards and upwards!
I think this is a failing of the CoC sheet design.  The 5E OGL sheet for D&D allows you to create a character with the limitation that you only have access to what is in the 5E SRD - the free material released by Wizards of the Coast.  The CoC sheet does not give you the ability to create a character with Chaosium's equivalent of the SRD. That is to say, it does not allow creation of a character using the free material that Chaosium makes available. IMO, the sheet should allow you to roll a character and select one of the professions in the free material, and create a character based on the free material just like the 5E OGL sheet does. If Roll20, or Chaosium, really want people to play CoC, this is a basic thing that should be available so that people can at least try out the game system. Alternatively, all of the "free" modules should come with 3-5 pre-generated characters.
When doing damage that adds + modifier to the end of the number.  The roll sheet does not function correcly.  
Saul J. said: I think this is a failing of the CoC sheet design.  The 5E OGL sheet for D&D allows you to create a character with the limitation that you only have access to what is in the 5E SRD - the free material released by Wizards of the Coast.  The CoC sheet does not give you the ability to create a character with Chaosium's equivalent of the SRD. That is to say, it does not allow creation of a character using the free material that Chaosium makes available. IMO, the sheet should allow you to roll a character and select one of the professions in the free material, and create a character based on the free material just like the 5E OGL sheet does. If Roll20, or Chaosium, really want people to play CoC, this is a basic thing that should be available so that people can at least try out the game system. Alternatively, all of the "free" modules should come with 3-5 pre-generated characters. The Free material does not have compendium access.  Where the major books do!
Aniond said: The Free material does not have compendium access.  Where the major books do! But, the free material - the Quick Start rules - DO list several occupations and give you the ability to create characters with those occupations. The CoC sheet by Roll20 does not.

Edited 1626302565
The sanity attributes are not calculated correctly. Max SAN (attr_sanity_max) should always be equal to 99 - Cthulhu Mythos. We could also do with a new attribute - Bout of Madness Threshold that can be set as and when the keeper sees fit - being the player's current SAN - temp insane checkmark value. should be 
2 Questions re Character Sheet 1) I'm noting this error (previously reported by Peter B., in general on the link below) when I add an API.&nbsp; Can this be fixed? "SyntaxError: Unexpected token '.'" "SyntaxError: Unexpected token '.' &nbsp; &nbsp; at eval (&lt;anonymous&gt;) &nbsp; &nbsp; at messageHandler (evalmachine.&lt;anonymous&gt;:713:6) &nbsp; &nbsp; at process.&lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/tiny-worker/lib/worker.js:65:55) &nbsp; &nbsp; at process.emit (events.js:310:20) &nbsp; &nbsp; at emit (internal/child_process.js:876:12) &nbsp; &nbsp; at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:85:21)" <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10248042/sheetworker-api-null-coalescing-in-sheetworker-breaks-all-apis-unexpected-token-dot" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10248042/sheetworker-api-null-coalescing-in-sheetworker-breaks-all-apis-unexpected-token-dot</a> 2) Are there plans to post the sheet and/or rolltemplates on GitHub or similar?&nbsp; Right now am working on writing API scripts that auto calculate difficulties and extra dice (+ or -) for combat based on distance between tokens, # shots fired, different weapons like shotguns etc. I can find the attribute names, but it would be nice to have access to the roll templates or their 'look' at least to keep a uniform presentation. Thanks

Edited 1627153652
How do I remove / delete a weapon or skill once added to a sheet? <a href="https://i.imgur.com/6ZCqgA2.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/6ZCqgA2.png</a> If this is impossible I would like to know how to refund purchases through Roll20, I have never had to do so, but I am super unhappy with the quality and usability of CoC's sheet.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Jason T. said: How do I remove / delete a weapon or skill once added to a sheet? <a href="https://i.imgur.com/6ZCqgA2.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/6ZCqgA2.png</a> If this is impossible I would like to know how to refund purchases through Roll20, I have never had to do so, but I am super unhappy with the quality and usability of CoC's sheet. Click on the lock button right below them.&nbsp; That should bring up handles to reorder them and a button to delete individual entries.&nbsp;
Kraynic said: Jason T. said: How do I remove / delete a weapon or skill once added to a sheet? <a href="https://i.imgur.com/6ZCqgA2.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/6ZCqgA2.png</a> If this is impossible I would like to know how to refund purchases through Roll20, I have never had to do so, but I am super unhappy with the quality and usability of CoC's sheet. Click on the lock button right below them.&nbsp; That should bring up handles to reorder them and a button to delete individual entries.&nbsp; I tried this but don't see any buttons, I posted the screen shot about which shows you what I see. I have tried both Firefox and Chrome.
So if it's the NPC Sheet add the + followed by a Space then the modifier, I added it like that and it worked fine. Aniond disse: Ao causar dano, isso adiciona + modificador ao final do número. A folha de rolo não funciona corretamente.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Kraynic said: Jason T. said: How do I remove / delete a weapon or skill once added to a sheet? <a href="https://i.imgur.com/6ZCqgA2.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/6ZCqgA2.png</a> If this is impossible I would like to know how to refund purchases through Roll20, I have never had to do so, but I am super unhappy with the quality and usability of CoC's sheet. Click on the lock button right below them.&nbsp; That should bring up handles to reorder them and a button to delete individual entries.&nbsp; That would be nice if it were so - but unfortunately it doesn't. You can reorder them yes but no button to delete the entry appears which makes managing the inventory, skills and indeed most things pretty much impossible at the moment. This urgently needs fixing IMO.

Edited 1628347065
What may not be obvious is that at the top right of the character sheet there is a slider button marked "Edit".&nbsp; You have to click that first before you can edit the sheet. Once you click that button, you should see a lock button below the list items. Once you click that, you can move or delete items in the list. This works fine for me...&nbsp; Jason T. said: Kraynic said: Jason T. said: How do I remove / delete a weapon or skill once added to a sheet? <a href="https://i.imgur.com/6ZCqgA2.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/6ZCqgA2.png</a> If this is impossible I would like to know how to refund purchases through Roll20, I have never had to do so, but I am super unhappy with the quality and usability of CoC's sheet. Click on the lock button right below them.&nbsp; That should bring up handles to reorder them and a button to delete individual entries.&nbsp; I tried this but don't see any buttons, I posted the screen shot about which shows you what I see. I have tried both Firefox and Chrome.
I'm liking the new changes to the character sheet quite a bit, but I'd love to get an answer to this issue.&nbsp; To be clear, this is not a problem that's reared its head with the newest sheet, but it is mildly annoying and continues with the latest version. Character sheet template is definitely set to "Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20". Under campaign settings, I have Roll Behavior set to "No Bonus/Penalty Dice". Under "My Settings", all players have the following items toggled on (checked):&nbsp;Enable advanced dice (dice icons, drag and drop, etc.),&nbsp;Enable 3D dice,&nbsp;Automatically roll 3D dice. When rolling and regardless of whether the player achieves success, 4 dice roll on the screen.&nbsp; Two of the dice always add up to the same number in the chat window, and two are seemingly random.&nbsp; Also, two of the dice are the tens place, and two of the dice are the ones place. Ex. Player rolls a Spot Hidden and has a 60% chance of success.&nbsp; The dice that appear on the screen are as follows: 60, 00, 8, 4.&nbsp; The chat window indicates failure; the Player has rolled a 68%. I'm either misinterpreting something, have something toggled incorrectly, or I'm totally missing something.&nbsp; It occurs to me that if the character was made under a different version of the sheet, or if I originally had the Roll Behavior set to something besides&nbsp; "No Bonus/Penalty Dice", it might be holding onto an old setting.&nbsp; I simply don't remember if I've changed Roll Behavior along the way though.&nbsp; I'd say it's likely I did during troubleshooting. Appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks to Nic B and the team for all the work done on the Call of Cthulhu sheets.
I've read somewhere that the 7th ed Roll20 guide ($54) has drag and drop/import mechanics. Is this compatible with the Invictus character sheet?&nbsp; Not much point in purchasing it if I still have to manually create all the various entities.
Hey folks, apologies for the slow response to this; a small merge artifact went unnoticed and was breaking CoC repeating sections for some browsers. We've just patched this, so that this functionality should be reinstated. Additionally, we resolved a z-indexing bug on the character sheets that was making it hard to target some inputs.
I come back to a sharp looking sheet! Now if I were just a better online Keeper...

Edited 1629034048
Coryphon
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi all, I'm building out the Lightless Beacon module using the free CoC stuff, but I cannot add any API scripts... I get: "Loading character sheet data..." "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 667 translation strings to worker..." "-=&gt; TokenMod v0.8.71 &lt;=-&nbsp; [Sun Jul 18 2021 21:20:08 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)]" "&nbsp; &gt; Updating Schema to v0.4 &lt;" "&nbsp; &gt; Updating Help Handout to v0.8.71 &lt;" "SyntaxError: Unexpected token '.'" "SyntaxError: Unexpected token '.' &nbsp; &nbsp; at eval (&lt;anonymous&gt;) &nbsp; &nbsp; at messageHandler (evalmachine.&lt;anonymous&gt;:713:6) &nbsp; &nbsp; at process.&lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/tiny-worker/lib/worker.js:65:55) &nbsp; &nbsp; at process.emit (events.js:310:20) &nbsp; &nbsp; at emit (internal/child_process.js:876:12) &nbsp; &nbsp; at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:85:21)" I suspect after having read some similar old posts that this may be due to the character sheet implementation? Any ideas as I'm stumped... Cheers, Si Edit: I've raised a bug report Edit 2: OK, so it looks like scripts work, but just get the error printed and I think no further log messages

Edited 1629252000
@Coryphon: I think Roll20 broke something when they did their weekly update. I'm seeing the same error in a 5E game so it's not specific to the CoC game. Not sure what's broken but it doesn't seem to have had any effect on any of my scripts for my 5E game tonight.
Loving the new sheet. Before I put in a ticket, I wanted to make the sheet should be doing what I expect. I have ROLL NPC STATS TOGGLE set alternately to &lt;Query&gt; and &lt;On&gt;; I detect no change in the sheet behavior with either setting when I drag an NPC from the Compendium (tested with Ghould and Byakhee). Should it be randomizing the stats under these conditions, and if so has that feature not been implemented yet or (more probable) am I missing something?
I had gotten the same thing. I haven't checked in a while however. Mike said: I'm liking the new changes to the character sheet quite a bit, but I'd love to get an answer to this issue.&nbsp; To be clear, this is not a problem that's reared its head with the newest sheet, but it is mildly annoying and continues with the latest version. Character sheet template is definitely set to "Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20". Under campaign settings, I have Roll Behavior set to "No Bonus/Penalty Dice". Under "My Settings", all players have the following items toggled on (checked):&nbsp;Enable advanced dice (dice icons, drag and drop, etc.),&nbsp;Enable 3D dice,&nbsp;Automatically roll 3D dice. When rolling and regardless of whether the player achieves success, 4 dice roll on the screen.&nbsp; Two of the dice always add up to the same number in the chat window, and two are seemingly random.&nbsp; Also, two of the dice are the tens place, and two of the dice are the ones place. Ex. Player rolls a Spot Hidden and has a 60% chance of success.&nbsp; The dice that appear on the screen are as follows: 60, 00, 8, 4.&nbsp; The chat window indicates failure; the Player has rolled a 68%. I'm either misinterpreting something, have something toggled incorrectly, or I'm totally missing something.&nbsp; It occurs to me that if the character was made under a different version of the sheet, or if I originally had the Roll Behavior set to something besides&nbsp; "No Bonus/Penalty Dice", it might be holding onto an old setting.&nbsp; I simply don't remember if I've changed Roll Behavior along the way though.&nbsp; I'd say it's likely I did during troubleshooting. Appreciate your thoughts.
I'm not sure how I could get more specific to elicit a response from someone in the know, but I'm happy to provide more information or troubleshoot suggestions.&nbsp; If I'm in the minority and it's happening to only a few of us, that's useful information, too. Terrelle S. said: I had gotten the same thing. I haven't checked in a while however.
Is there any way of customising the headers or names of fields in the sheet? For example if i wanted to call electrical repair something else? i really like the how the game feels mechanically but want to change the setting

Edited 1631305665
The character sheet looks lovely, but can you please fix the damage calculations, they make using the combat rolls unusable and funny, which it is not. this is a real shame because it looks beautifuil and has had a lot effort put into it, but let down by some basics. example, the damage is setup to be: "2d6+ 2" (spacing to correct another bug) and the calculated result is: "Rolling 122 + 2d6+ 2 = 122+(6+5)+2" (spaces are as shown, ie "2d6+ 2")

Edited 1631306231
I can see where the bug is in the impale or extreme success damage. if the damage calculation is: "2d6+ 2" (spacing to correct another bug) the the extreme damage is 122: "Rolling 122 + 2d6+ 2 = 122+(6+5)+2" if the damage calculation is: "3d6+ 2" then the extreme damage is 198: "Rolling 182 + 2d6+ 2 = 182+(2+6+6)+2" So the macro for the formula is calculating the d6 value correctly ie for 2d6 is has a 12 and for 3d6 an 18. But it does not add the + 2, instead it appends the 2.&nbsp; ie not 12 + 2 but instead string.join(12).join(2). so 2d6+ 2 becomes "12" + "2" and not 12 + 2 and 3d6+ 2 becomes "18" +"2" and not 18 + 2
I don't know if I am posting in right place.&nbsp; How do you move characters from lightless Beacon to the Haunting. My players liked their characters so much they want to continue to play them in next senerio.. Thanks
Coryphon
Pro
Sheet Author
You, or your players, need to use the Character Vault See here:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Vault</a> Si
Hi all, I opened a ticket for this already but haven't heard anything in two weeks so I might as well drop it here too. I am seeing two issues with the CoC character sheets. The first being how Extreme damage is calculated for impaling weapons and the second is for a bug I found for the NPC sheets. Problem 1: A detailed description of the problem: Impaling damage is not being calculated correctly on the CoC 7e Roll20 character sheet . Steps to reproduce: 1. Create a character using the Call of Cthulhu 7e roll20 character sheet 2. Give the character a weapon with impale damage on 3. Roll until you get an Extreme Success on the weapon Expected result here should be 14 (4+2 + 4 + (1d4+2)) as stated in the Keeper Rulebook for CoC 7e Actual result is 15 (4+2 + 4 + (1d4+2) + 1d4) The extra damage bonus roll should not be present for extreme successes. It is supposed to be&nbsp; max damage + max damage bonus + roll weapon damage Problem 2: A detailed description of the problem: NPC issue on damage rolls for adding multiple items in CoC 7e Roll20 character sheet Steps to reproduce: 1. Create an NPC character using the CoC 7e Roll20 character sheet 2. Give character a weapon with 1d4+2 damage or similar 3. Roll for damage Expected result: Damage is a number from range 1 to 6 Actual result: Damage prints out the string "1d4+2"
Corny B. said: The sanity attributes are not calculated correctly. Max SAN (attr_sanity_max) should always be equal to 99 - Cthulhu Mythos. We could also do with a new attribute - Bout of Madness Threshold that can be set as and when the keeper sees fit - being the player's current SAN - temp insane checkmark value. should be&nbsp; Any news?
catapimbas

Edited 1637348903
Hi, i don't understand how the penality/bonus works? it rolls always with -1, it wasn't supposed to be just a 1d10?&nbsp;

Edited 1637355394
David
Sheet Author
Koquei said: Hi, i don't understand how the penality/bonus works? it rolls always with -1, it wasn't supposed to be just a 1d10?&nbsp; The bonus die in Cthulhu rerolls the tens die.&nbsp; &nbsp;The D10 on Roll20 rolls 1-10 an actual physical D10 rolls 0-9.
David said: Koquei said: Hi, i don't understand how the penality/bonus works? it rolls always with -1, it wasn't supposed to be just a 1d10?&nbsp; The bonus die in Cthulhu rerolls the tens die.&nbsp; &nbsp;The D10 on Roll20 rolls 1-10 an actual physical D10 rolls 0-9. so im just dumb as rock then LOL, ty
Also interested if we can get the number by temporary insanity moved next to indefinite insanity. IIRC temporary is always just 5 sanity loss at once, while indefinite is the 1/5 in a day. Federico P. said: Corny B. said: The sanity attributes are not calculated correctly. Max SAN (attr_sanity_max) should always be equal to 99 - Cthulhu Mythos. We could also do with a new attribute - Bout of Madness Threshold that can be set as and when the keeper sees fit - being the player's current SAN - temp insane checkmark value. should be&nbsp; Any news?
Mike said: I'm liking the new changes to the character sheet quite a bit, but I'd love to get an answer to this issue.&nbsp; To be clear, this is not a problem that's reared its head with the newest sheet, but it is mildly annoying and continues with the latest version. Character sheet template is definitely set to "Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20". Under campaign settings, I have Roll Behavior set to "No Bonus/Penalty Dice". Under "My Settings", all players have the following items toggled on (checked):&nbsp;Enable advanced dice (dice icons, drag and drop, etc.),&nbsp;Enable 3D dice,&nbsp;Automatically roll 3D dice. When rolling and regardless of whether the player achieves success, 4 dice roll on the screen.&nbsp; Two of the dice always add up to the same number in the chat window, and two are seemingly random.&nbsp; Also, two of the dice are the tens place, and two of the dice are the ones place. Ex. Player rolls a Spot Hidden and has a 60% chance of success.&nbsp; The dice that appear on the screen are as follows: 60, 00, 8, 4.&nbsp; The chat window indicates failure; the Player has rolled a 68%. I'm either misinterpreting something, have something toggled incorrectly, or I'm totally missing something.&nbsp; It occurs to me that if the character was made under a different version of the sheet, or if I originally had the Roll Behavior set to something besides&nbsp; "No Bonus/Penalty Dice", it might be holding onto an old setting.&nbsp; I simply don't remember if I've changed Roll Behavior along the way though.&nbsp; I'd say it's likely I did during troubleshooting. Appreciate your thoughts. I'm also experiencing this, and is blocking me from using this particular character sheet for CoC. Any update on when it will be fixed?
John S. said: I'm also experiencing this, and is blocking me from using this particular character sheet for CoC. Any update on when it will be fixed? I don't think anyone who can do anything about it reads this thread.&nbsp; There are lots of questions but few answers.
Yes,&nbsp;We are completely abandoned. It seems that Roll20 is dying Mike said: John S. said: I'm also experiencing this, and is blocking me from using this particular character sheet for CoC. Any update on when it will be fixed? I don't think anyone who can do anything about it reads this thread.&nbsp; There are lots of questions but few answers.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In theory, an official feedback thread should be team-monitored. It could be that the dev(s) responsible could be dealing with another task that they cannot be pulled away from. If they saw the issue, but decided that it would have to wait until they had time to properly investigate, it could slip through the cracks. (This is total guesswork on my part). The upshot is,&nbsp;if you are not seeing a response here, the best option is to file a&nbsp; Help Center Request . That will generate a ticket that will be persistent.
Thanks, Keith.&nbsp; I appreciate the response and will file a bug report in the next day or two. I realize you were conjecturing, but I think forum threads like this give users the expectation that issues will be properly logged and investigated, and that there's a structure in place to do so.&nbsp; Otherwise, there's a strong argument not to post anything here at all and move directly to filing a help center request.&nbsp; Tangentially, speaking as someone who has run a help center for many years, it's my opinion that silence should definitely not be the default response.&nbsp; Not if you want to attract and maintain paying customers, I mean. Anyway, cheers.
The new NPC layout is looking nicer (it's been a while since I ran Cthulhu), but can we have the stats be in the same order as the official Chaosium stat blocks? The R20 sheet is in the order of: STR - CON - SIZ - DEX - HP APP - EDU - INT - POW - SAN But Chaosium's official blocks are STR - CON - SIZ - DEX - INT APP - POW - EDU - SAN - HP I don't mind the other bits below being different, but transcribing core stat blocks into R20 is really error-prone due to being in a different order. Cheers :)
I think the "community" tab is trying to elicit help from the "Community", whereas, if you wanted official, timely help, you would put in a ticket so i can be tracked. Getting a dev. or someone from the company to chime in the community tab is a bonus! just my 2cp Mike said: Thanks, Keith.&nbsp; I appreciate the response and will file a bug report in the next day or two. I realize you were conjecturing, but I think forum threads like this give users the expectation that issues will be properly logged and investigated, and that there's a structure in place to do so.&nbsp; Otherwise, there's a strong argument not to post anything here at all and move directly to filing a help center request.&nbsp; Tangentially, speaking as someone who has run a help center for many years, it's my opinion that silence should definitely not be the default response.&nbsp; Not if you want to attract and maintain paying customers, I mean. Anyway, cheers.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Mike said: Thanks, Keith.&nbsp; I appreciate the response and will file a bug report in the next day or two. I realize you were conjecturing, but I think forum threads like this give users the expectation that issues will be properly logged and investigated, and that there's a structure in place to do so.&nbsp; Otherwise, there's a strong argument not to post anything here at all and move directly to filing a help center request.&nbsp; Tangentially, speaking as someone who has run a help center for many years, it's my opinion that silence should definitely not be the default response.&nbsp; Not if you want to attract and maintain paying customers, I mean. Anyway, cheers. Absolutely. I agree 100%. A thread started by a team member on an official feature of Roll20, should be monitored by a team member until the day it is closed. My advice about filing a&nbsp; Help Center Request &nbsp;is tangential, meant to account for human error. Posting an issue here should be seen and addressed in one way or another. But devs are human too, and can see the post and forget, or not have the time to address, or they could be waiting for corroborating reports, or for more people to say they have the issue, or more information—it could be any number of things. Ideally, it should be addressed. The Request process is automated and creates a persistent ticket. The most sure approach would be to do both (I frequently do this). Post here, so that the issue is seen not only by the other devs, but by folks who might have workarounds, the same problem, or see where the poster has made a mistaken assumption about how the feature works. And file a report, so that the ticket is made.&nbsp;