Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20

According to the rules, the amount of sanity you have to lose in one game "day" in order to be "indefinitely insane" is one-fifth of the current sanity . Not one-fifth of Power, not one-fifth of maximum sanity, but one-fifth of current sanity . (Page 156 of the 7E Keeper's book). The sheet may be working as expected, but it's not correct. The value for "indefinite sanity" does not properly change when the current sanity changes. TheMarkus1204 said: Test it yourself. Turn Edit Mode on and edit the Max Sanity field (the right one which you cannot edit anymore once edit mode is turned off). It will show 19 there (which equals 95 Max Sanity because in Cthulhu everything is rounded off). According to the Rules, Max Sanity equals 99 - Cthulhy Myth. However the Value for Indef. Insanity is one fifth of the Power Value, which also is the Starting Value for Sanity... So MAYBE it'd be better to use the POWER Value for calculating the Indef. Insanity instead of the Sanity Points... In Both given Examples are no errors. The sheet works as expected. Saul J. said: Huh? In the example given, the sanity is 80. The indefinite insanity is 16. That is correct - it's one-fifth of the current sanity - that's how much the player would have to lose in one day to be indefinitely insane. It's got nothing to do with maximum sanity. TheMarkus1204 said: It is. BUT normally, MAX Sanity is 99-Cthulhu Myth. You cannot put that in there as the MAX Value is used to calculate the Indef. Insanity which is wrong! Saul J. said: Isn't this the "correct" behavior though? It's showing how much damage you have to take to get a major wound, and how much sanity you have to lose to become indefinitely insane.  Kelly W. said: Here is just two examples 

Edited 1701278277
Okay, so I tried messing with both the power and sanity points, it was no effect.  I just created these characters and my players did as well, we haven't even run a game yet. I am more than willing to say this is very much user error, but I need you to explain to me like I am five. I have never used roll 20 before as a keeper, I have only ever played. Thank you to everyone who is helping me :) 
I am well aware of that. BUT if you use the left of the sanity values (current sanity) for calculation, the value displayed in the Indef. Sanity field also changes every time with it! BUT since Max Sanity is 99 - Cthulhu Myth you cannot use this value for the calculation either! THIS is what I meant with the POW Value. Sanity = POW! Breaking Point (cause that is basically what the value symbolizes) is nothing else than one fifth of POW and thus same amount as the MAGIC POINTS! Other Problem is, that you need to lose THIS amount in a certain time for the effects to kick in. You can not set that in the sheet! Saul J. said: According to the rules, the amount of sanity you have to lose in one game "day" in order to be "indefinitely insane" is one-fifth of the current sanity . Not one-fifth of Power, not one-fifth of maximum sanity, but one-fifth of current sanity . (Page 156 of the 7E Keeper's book). The sheet may be working as expected, but it's not correct. The value for "indefinite sanity" does not properly change when the current sanity changes. TheMarkus1204 said: Test it yourself. Turn Edit Mode on and edit the Max Sanity field (the right one which you cannot edit anymore once edit mode is turned off). It will show 19 there (which equals 95 Max Sanity because in Cthulhu everything is rounded off). According to the Rules, Max Sanity equals 99 - Cthulhy Myth. However the Value for Indef. Insanity is one fifth of the Power Value, which also is the Starting Value for Sanity... So MAYBE it'd be better to use the POWER Value for calculating the Indef. Insanity instead of the Sanity Points... In Both given Examples are no errors. The sheet works as expected. Saul J. said: Huh? In the example given, the sanity is 80. The indefinite insanity is 16. That is correct - it's one-fifth of the current sanity - that's how much the player would have to lose in one day to be indefinitely insane. It's got nothing to do with maximum sanity. TheMarkus1204 said: It is. BUT normally, MAX Sanity is 99-Cthulhu Myth. You cannot put that in there as the MAX Value is used to calculate the Indef. Insanity which is wrong! Saul J. said: Isn't this the "correct" behavior though? It's showing how much damage you have to take to get a major wound, and how much sanity you have to lose to become indefinitely insane.  Kelly W. said: Here is just two examples 
TheMarkus1204 said: I am well aware of that. BUT if you use the left of the sanity values (current sanity) for calculation, the value displayed in the Indef. Sanity field also changes every time with it! BUT since Max Sanity is 99 - Cthulhu Myth you cannot use this value for the calculation either! THIS is what I meant with the POW Value. Sanity = POW! Breaking Point (cause that is basically what the value symbolizes) is nothing else than one fifth of POW and thus same amount as the MAGIC POINTS! Other Problem is, that you need to lose THIS amount in a certain time for the effects to kick in. You can not set that in the sheet! If I understand what you are saying correctly, you are completely wrong according to the rules. If your current sanity changes, then the amount you need to lose for indefinite sanity changes as well.  The amount you need to lose to become indefinitely insane has NOTHING to do with POW, Magic points or Maximum Sanity or anything other than Current Sanity. POW is only equal to current sanity AT START OF THE GAME.  Maximum sanity changes as your Cthulhu Mythos knowledge changes. The value you need to lose to become indefinitely insane changes with the current Sanity, ONLY. It's not affected by changes in POW, Magic Points, Maximum Sanity, Cthulhu Mythos or any other value except where changing one of those values also changes your CURRENT SANITY.

Edited 1701843486
According to the Rules: Lose 5 Sanity Points you have to make an INT Roll. If you succeed, you get temporarily insane (Role 2d10 and see the result or pick one from the table provided in the Rulebook) Lose one fifth of your Sanity in a certain period of time (depending on the GM) and "stage 2" kicks in. THIS is the Breaking Point if you want to call it so! And THIS is the number displayed next to the "Indef. Insanity" field in the sheet! It is calculated right now using the MAX Sanity field of the Sheet! Try it out and see for yourself! AND since this BREAKING POINT is equal to Sanity divided by 5 (POW divided by 5 equal because POW is your Max Sanity at the start) it is the same amount as your Magic Points AT THE START! (Of Course it has NOTHING to do with Magic Points!) Indef. Insanity kicks in if the Sanity Points reach 0! So the sheet does multiple things WRONG: Max Sanity is used to calculate the value for the breaking point! This is WRONG because MAX Sanity as stated multiple Times is 99 - Chulhu Myth! Of course the "Breaking Point" (again if you want to call it so) depends on your CURRENT Sanity. BUT again, the current value is NOT USED for Calculation! AND you cannot use the current Sanity for calculation, because you'd never reach this point as the value always changes! Again: TEST this for yourself and you will see I am right about this as I experimented with it a lot! Saul J. said: TheMarkus1204 said: I am well aware of that. BUT if you use the left of the sanity values (current sanity) for calculation, the value displayed in the Indef. Sanity field also changes every time with it! BUT since Max Sanity is 99 - Cthulhu Myth you cannot use this value for the calculation either! THIS is what I meant with the POW Value. Sanity = POW! Breaking Point (cause that is basically what the value symbolizes) is nothing else than one fifth of POW and thus same amount as the MAGIC POINTS! Other Problem is, that you need to lose THIS amount in a certain time for the effects to kick in. You can not set that in the sheet! If I understand what you are saying correctly, you are completely wrong according to the rules. If your current sanity changes, then the amount you need to lose for indefinite sanity changes as well.  The amount you need to lose to become indefinitely insane has NOTHING to do with POW, Magic points or Maximum Sanity or anything other than Current Sanity. POW is only equal to current sanity AT START OF THE GAME.  Maximum sanity changes as your Cthulhu Mythos knowledge changes. The value you need to lose to become indefinitely insane changes with the current Sanity, ONLY. It's not affected by changes in POW, Magic Points, Maximum Sanity, Cthulhu Mythos or any other value except where changing one of those values also changes your CURRENT SANITY.
Hi All,  First time posting on this forum, so forgive me if this has been addressed.  I'm making my first character, and I'm noticing that when it comes time to allocate skill points, I'm not getting my budget of occupation and personal points.  It seems to happen more with the antiquarian occupation than others.  I attached a screenshot.  Anyone else noticing this?  I don't have the handbook purchased, so maybe that's why?  From browsing through posts, it seems like what you can do for free is extremely limited.  Any help would be appreciated!
You answered your own question. The various books will "unlock" or show more professions. Only pay for what you need from roll20 and then run your game the way you want. The ruleset contradicts itself throughout. I lost faith a long time ago in the writers of the books with how many little things they would change/add about shotgun rules and after multiple contradictions and snippets of changes 5-20 pages later in a small corner of a book it got old. Chaosium should have hired a proofreader or fired the one they currently employed during the writing of the books.
On a different subject, I am curious if I have 25 in Cthulhu Mythos, will my SAN auto calculate to 75? Is that something that can easily be fixed? Each point in Mythos should lower the overall hardcap of SAN right? 

Edited 1701958814
The Keeper said: On a different subject, I am curious if I have 25 in Cthulhu Mythos, will my SAN auto calculate to 75? Is that something that can easily be fixed? Each point in Mythos should lower the overall hardcap of SAN right?  Since 99 is Max Sanity, a value of 25 in Cthulhu Myth will give you the new maximum of 74 (99 - 25). And since you can never go higher than your maximum sanity... the more you learn about the myth the more insane you get... I have to test this myself first to see IF the Max Sanity field changes when changing the value of Cthulhu Myth in the sheet. IF this is the case than there is one more wrong thing about this sheet... EDIT: Checked right now... the MAX Sanity Value does not change at all in the sheet, no matter the value of Cthulhu Myth! (This needs to be fixed ASAP!)
Saul, here are some Screenshots to prove my point (I created a fresh character sheet just for this purpose, so besides POW and both Sanity Values, no other values are set): THIS is Max Sanity set to 99 (correct according to the rules! Cthulhu Myth is 0%): See the value next to "INDEF. INSANE" is 19? (99 divided by 5 rounded off) NOW I set the Max Sanity value to 80, same amount as the POW Attribute: After changing it to 80, the value next to "INDEF. INSANE" changed to 16 which is correct! (one fifth of Sanity) According to the Rules as stated above, the value next to INDEF. INSANE should use the CURRENT Sanity value at the START... BUT it should NOT be subjected to change if sanity is lost during Play except this point is reached!
According to the rules, (7E Investigator's Handbook, P. 221) if the sanity points change (i.e. sanity is lost during play) then the Indefinite Insanity value changes as well. So, if your Sanity starts at 80, then if you lose 1/5 (or 16 points) in one day, you go indefinitely insane. If, during play, your sanity drops to 70, then if you lose 1/5 of 70 (or 14 sanity points), then you go indefinitely insane. As it states in the handbook, the value gets reviewed every day. TheMarkus1204 said: According to the Rules as stated above, the value next to INDEF. INSANE should use the CURRENT Sanity value at the START... BUT it should NOT be subjected to change if sanity is lost during Play except this point is reached!

Edited 1701973854
If - lets say - you have 70 % Sanity (14 is the magical number). Timeframe to lose 1/5th of your sanity is a day in the game / the adventure. You lose lets say 4, Sanity drops to 66%. (14 would go down to 13 IF you use this value). Let's say you lose 4 more. Count is 62%, it'd drop to 12! You have lost 8 Sanity Points so far and you are still in that Timeframe! AFTER that Period is over, YES, then the value gets calculated anew! BUT if the "current" Value is used the sheet calculates this wrong ALL THE TIME! Saul J. said: According to the rules, (7E Investigator's Handbook, P. 221) if the sanity points change (i.e. sanity is lost during play) then the Indefinite Insanity value changes as well. So, if your Sanity starts at 80, then if you lose 1/5 (or 16 points) in one day, you go indefinitely insane. If, during play, your sanity drops to 70, then if you lose 1/5 of 70 (or 14 sanity points), then you go indefinitely insane. As it states in the handbook, the value gets reviewed every day. TheMarkus1204 said: According to the Rules as stated above, the value next to INDEF. INSANE should use the CURRENT Sanity value at the START... BUT it should NOT be subjected to change if sanity is lost during Play except this point is reached!
Last night  I noticed for the first time that punch and kicks don't appear to be on the character sheet as a default weapon.  This only came to light as I don't normally create PCs just NPCs and I'm used to entering those values manually.  Is there any chance that this can be added? Would it also be possible to add shotgun solid slugs to the compendium as well?
Steven W said: Last night  I noticed for the first time that punch and kicks don't appear to be on the character sheet as a default weapon.  This only came to light as I don't normally create PCs just NPCs and I'm used to entering those values manually.  Is there any chance that this can be added? Would it also be possible to add shotgun solid slugs to the compendium as well? You need to go to the combat tab and add e.g. "Melee" yourself. Damage is 1d3 and then you need to open the entry by clicking on the rightmost icon and check that "Damage Bonus" is set to "Full"... But you are right... it should be a default entry as it is with normal Cthulhu Character Sheets...
Steven W said: Last night  I noticed for the first time that punch and kicks don't appear to be on the character sheet as a default weapon.  This only came to light as I don't normally create PCs just NPCs and I'm used to entering those values manually.  Is there any chance that this can be added? Would it also be possible to add shotgun solid slugs to the compendium as well? You only have 4 or 5 slots that are unique on your fighting abilities for the character sheet. (their design) I just use brawl and go with it. I wanted to segregate the attacks as well as the use of different firearms but their limitation on the sheet (was discussed on another thread) makes you decide what is more important to your group. I decided to give each character 1 unique attack that the others don't have.  If I remember right, after the 4 or 5 slots are used then it just repeats itself and any values it has or is given becomes generic and those will all blend into each other's and not become traceable.
Any Updates on the Sheet?
Nora, can you please tell us what Roll20 has in store for the Cthulhu Sheet this year? (and maybe an ETA for the mentioned Problems). Thanks!

Edited 1705371942
I'd also echo that the value for  indef_insane_threshold  should be calculated based on current sanity , not maximum sanity . The challenge would be that you need to recalculate it per in-game day . So maybe it needs to be that you click on the number to have it recalculate? It's pretty clearly spelled out in the rulebook. With examples! I'm... not sure what the sheet authors were reading when they decided that it should be calculated from your maximum sanity. A few small regular issues that still exist include... Weapons that include other roll values don't work correctly eg. 1d6+1+DB -- it will only roll 1d6+1 and ignore the DB (if set to full, of course). 1d6+DB will roll the DB. "Additional Skills 1 - 3" still don't use custom titles if they're changed when you roll, they always roll as "Additional Skill 1 - 3". I get around this by ignoring them and adding a fourth+ skill, as that does correctly use the custom title.
Why not introduce a button to initiate the recalculation? But it seems they paused with the sheet development / bug fixes given how long there was no official response... Mike H. said: I'd also echo that the value for  indef_insane_threshold  should be calculated based on current sanity , not maximum sanity . The challenge would be that you need to recalculate it per in-game day . So maybe it needs to be that you click on the number to have it recalculate?
I singed in to my game tonight and noticed that the look of the compendium has changed.  Are there any other changes that have been made to the system ?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Steven W.,  The New UI Compendium you see has been released for awhile now, but yesterday the Old UI was sunset, as a result everyone has the New UI Compendium turned on automatically for everyone.  If you need to, you can turn it off by going to the My Settings tab (top right corner) and flipping the switch that controls the Compendium.  Here  is where the Devs talk about the old UI being sunset.  Here is where the Devs unveiled the New UI Compendium.  Steven W said: I singed in to my game tonight and noticed that the look of the compendium has changed.  Are there any other changes that have been made to the system ?
Steven W said: I singed in to my game tonight and noticed that the look of the compendium has changed.  Are there any other changes that have been made to the system ? You can disable the New Compendium in Settings. You NEED to enable Beta Features if you want to use the Map Folders...
Gauss said: Hi Steven W.,  The New UI Compendium you see has been released for awhile now, but yesterday the Old UI was sunset, as a result everyone has the New UI Compendium turned on automatically for everyone.  If you need to, you can turn it off by going to the My Settings tab (top right corner) and flipping the switch that controls the Compendium.  Here  is where the Devs talk about the old UI being sunset.  Here is where the Devs unveiled the New UI Compendium.  Steven W said: I singed in to my game tonight and noticed that the look of the compendium has changed.  Are there any other changes that have been made to the system ? Ah I see the update.  I never bothered to read it as the forum subject title "New Compendium Search is Available Now!" didn't strike me as being relevant.   No worries about me reverting back to the old look though as it does seem an improvement over it. It still has the annoying bug that dropping weapons or spells onto an NPC sheet  doesn't add them.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Steven W said: Ah I see the update.  I never bothered to read it as the forum subject title "New Compendium Search is Available Now!" didn't strike me as being relevant.   Basically, any new thread in the "Announcements" section should be read. It is by Devs only and is probably the main method to communicate changes to the users. 
STILL NO Updates to the sheet? :( Is someone currently working on the sheet? An official answer would be nice! THX

Edited 1705989052
Do you know the stories of H.P. Lovecraft? The Cthulhu Myth? Cthulhu RPG plays in our world and extends it with the Myth and creatures of the Myth. You play as journalists, Doctors, Detectives etc. and "solve" mysteries. You can play in different eras, e.g. 1920s, Regency Cthulhu (18 hundreds), Gaslight (Victorian Age England), Wild West, Atomic Age (1950), Modern / NOW (Present) and PULP but even go way far back to the past with Invictus (Old Romans). Unlike other Systems, Cthulhu is of the Horror Genre... But the sheet - at least so far - supports only 1920s and PULP. emma02 said: What is Cthulhu ?

Edited 1705912672
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
TheMarkus1204 said: Do you know the stories of H.P. Lovecraft? The Cthulhu Myth? Cthulhu RPG plays in our world and extends it with the Myth and creatures of the Myth. You play as journalists, Doctors, Detectives etc. and "solve" mysteries. You can play in different eras, e.g. 1920s, Gaslight (Victorian Age England), Wild West, Atomic Age (1950), Modern / NOW (Present) but even go way far back to the past with Invictus (Old Romans). Unlike other Systems, Cthulhu is of the Horror Genre... emma02 said: What is Cthulhu ? Now we must all make Sanity checks. (;,;)
I doubt we'll see any changes to any of the Roll20 character sheets, except emergency fixes, until they finish working on  Jumpgate  and at least release it into Beta... TheMarkus1204 said: STILL NO Updates to the sheet? :( Is someone currently working on the sheet? An official answer would be nice! THX
TheMarkus1204 said: STILL NO Updates to the sheet? :( Is someone currently working on the sheet? An official answer would be nice! THX Working on getting this to you, just waiting on clear approvals for what we can communicate publicly. I'll follow up as soon as we're able.
Nora C. said: Working on getting this to you, just waiting on clear approvals for what we can communicate publicly. I'll follow up as soon as we're able. Thanks for the update. Appreciate the work that goes into these sheets, I imagine there's a lot more complexity going on under the hood than lets on (given Roll20 supports so many systems, and not just Cthulhu!)
Is this in relation to Sanity checks or could I ask a question about dragging compendium weapons to NPC sheet?
Keeper C said: Is this in relation to Sanity checks or could I ask a question about dragging compendium weapons to NPC sheet? If it is about the Cthulhu Sheet, ask what you want ;)

Edited 1706739945
Hey there having a issue. It appears the keeper compendium is not showing any spells, monsters, or occupations. I have messed around tried using it in different games with the Call of Cthulhu sheet with no luck. I have also tried making sure there was no filter. This seems to be a recent issue as well because it was working with the new compendium recently. If switched over to the old compendium things work as intended. Thanks

Edited 1706777044
Do you own the books (and such the compendium) yourself or do you profit of compendium sharing? By my own experience I'd say it is compendium sharing. The "new" Compendium has its difficulties with compendium sharing. Devs are already aware of this. As a workaround use the old compendium ;) A-Aron said: Hey there having a issue. It appears the keeper compendium is not showing any spells, monsters, or occupations. I have messed around tried using it in different games with the Call of Cthulhu sheet with no luck. I have also tried making sure there was no filter. This seems to be a recent issue as well because it was working with the new compendium recently. If switched over to the old compendium things work as intended. Thanks
I own the keepers compendium. However when I logged in this morning I did have access to my compendium back. So maybe they were messing with something yesterday? Not sure but glad to have access back to it through the new compendium. 

Edited 1706811085
Nora C.
Roll20 Team
Yeah, there was bug with our beta compendium toolbar yesterday that seems to have been resolved. I also noticed that the following pages were not showing up properly on the Charactermancer while I was doing some development work on the sheet: Actor, Film Actor, Stage and Radio Bartender or Waitress The data on those pages has been ammended and they are now working properly
TheMarkus1204 said: STILL NO Updates to the sheet? :( Is someone currently working on the sheet? An official answer would be nice! THX Thank you for your patience on this: you'll be seeing some new work soon ! We'll be updating the sheet and Charactermancer with the skills from CoC: Arkham , and getting some bug fixes and QoL improvements in with that same update. The biggest improvements that I'm going to prioritize are: displaying results that should be fumbles as "Fumble" instead of just "Failure," adding a button to refresh the indef. insanity threshold value based on the current sanity. Suggested by Mike H. below Mike H. said: I'd also echo that the value for  indef_insane_threshold   should be calculated based on current sanity , not maximum sanity . The challenge would be that you need to recalculate it per in-game day. So maybe it needs to be that you click on the number to have it recalculate? It's pretty clearly spelled out in the rulebook. With examples! I'm... not sure what the sheet authors were reading when they decided that it should be calculated from your maximum sanity. Our thinking was that users could just manually update their threshold after the initial value was set, but the refresh button is a great feature request that would be an easy add. Thank you, everyone who contributed to that earlier discussion! Those aren't the only changes outside the CoC: Arkham content that we're hoping to add, just the ones that I've seen discussed the most in this thread. Stay tuned for more!

Edited 1706858585
Thank you for the Update. Will the sheet support Eras other than 1920s / PULP? (e.g. Regency / Gaslight / Musketeers / Invictus) Nora C. said: TheMarkus1204 said: STILL NO Updates to the sheet? :( Is someone currently working on the sheet? An official answer would be nice! THX Thank you for your patience on this: you'll be seeing some new work soon ! We'll be updating the sheet and Charactermancer with the skills from CoC: Arkham , and getting some bug fixes and QoL improvements in with that same update. The biggest improvements that I'm going to prioritize are: displaying results that should be fumbles as "Fumble" instead of just "Failure," adding a button to refresh the indef. insanity threshold value based on the current sanity. Suggested by Mike H. below Mike H. said: I'd also echo that the value for  indef_insane_threshold   should be calculated based on current sanity , not maximum sanity . The challenge would be that you need to recalculate it per in-game day. So maybe it needs to be that you click on the number to have it recalculate? It's pretty clearly spelled out in the rulebook. With examples! I'm... not sure what the sheet authors were reading when they decided that it should be calculated from your maximum sanity. Our thinking was that users could just manually update their threshold after the initial value was set, but the refresh button is a great feature request that would be an easy add. Thank you, everyone who contributed to that earlier discussion! Those aren't the only changes outside the CoC: Arkham content that we're hoping to add, just the ones that I've seen discussed the most in this thread. Stay tuned for more!
There are no plans for us to make these changes in the near future. Thanks for the interest! TheMarkus1204 said: Thank you for the Update. Will the sheet support Eras other than 1920s / PULP? (e.g. Regency / Gaslight / Musketeers / Invictus)

Edited 1706858595
Thanks for the Update. One more reason for me not to buy any Cthulhu Products here on Roll20 or use the official sheet... Nic B. said: There are no plans for us to make these changes in the near future. Thanks for the interest! TheMarkus1204 said: Thank you for the Update. Will the sheet support Eras other than 1920s / PULP? (e.g. Regency / Gaslight / Musketeers / Invictus)
With the charactermancer, I have noticed that there are calculation errors for some of the skills: eg dodge, firearms, extra skills putting points into this this looks like it should work but is not claculated correctly in the finished sheet (changing the values) making my investigators even squishier than normal
Slartibartfast said: With the charactermancer, I have noticed that there are calculation errors for some of the skills: eg dodge, firearms, extra skills putting points into this this looks like it should work but is not claculated correctly in the finished sheet (changing the values) making my investigators even squishier than normal Thanks for the flag! I also noticed this for dodge while I was working on some other things, I'll make sure to check out these other skills!
Seems like people know what they are talking about here, can anyone tell me why my character skill rolls on the character sheet continue to roll 2 sets of dice instead of one. No matter what I change in settings or game settings its still the same and means I will have to ditch the character sheet from Roll20 . Any help would be great.. Thanks

Edited 1707155607
Gauss
Forum Champion
Tim E.,  Are you talking 3d dice?  If so, does the game system you use have rules like "Roll twice and take the best."? (Like D&D 5e's Advantage system) That might be why it is rolling twice. The way the sheet is coded might be having it roll both sets of dice even though it isn't using one of them.  In the chat, that second set of rolls gets excluded if the conditions for it aren't met (such as a toggle), but the 3d dice roller doesn't know that.  I suggest turning off the 3d dice roller if the double rolls are bothering you.  If it isn't the 3d dice, ignore all this. :)
Gauss said: That might be why it is rolling twice. The way the sheet is coded might be having it roll both sets of dice even though it isn't using one of them.  In the chat, that second set of rolls gets excluded if the conditions for it aren't met (such as a toggle), but the 3d dice roller doesn't know that. It's this! The Call of Cthulhu sheet uses some Custom Roll Parsing to determine the more complicated roll behavior, which means that more dice are rolled behind the scenes than you'll actually see in most rolls. Unfortunately, due to a limitation with the old dice roller code, there's currently no way for you to see just the dice that contribute to the final roll.
Help. I'm slamming my head against the wall. I want to create NPCs to populate my game, but when I click on create NPC when making a new character sheet, it doesn't roll their stats and just returns a blank sheet. I turned stats toggle on, off, query, every which way. Went into the game settings and set it to NPC for all new sheets, and nothing. All the stats are blank. Is it me doing something wrong? I am not about to go through the charactermancer to create NPCs.  It says it's supposed to use the minimancer experience to roll stats? I get nothing like that when creating NPC sheets. Please help

Edited 1707736339
If you create a NPC, it just gives you a blank Sheet and expects you, to fill it in yourself. There is no "minimancer" or anything like it and there is no way to have the sheet roll any stats... HOWEVER what you can do is use the charactermancer (if you wish to do so) and after the character is created, make him to an NPC via the Toggle in Settings... But IMO it is way faster to create the character outside of Roll20 and just to put the values in... Onyx said: Help. I'm slamming my head against the wall. I want to create NPCs to populate my game, but when I click on create NPC when making a new character sheet, it doesn't roll their stats and just returns a blank sheet. I turned stats toggle on, off, query, every which way. Went into the game settings and set it to NPC for all new sheets, and nothing. All the stats are blank. Is it me doing something wrong? I am not about to go through the charactermancer to create NPCs.  It says it's supposed to use the minimancer experience to roll stats? I get nothing like that when creating NPC sheets. Please help
HI all,  Not sure if this was mention ina another post as i was unable to find one in this thread.  I am having an issue when making a character when dragging GEAR into the character sheet, some times is grabs the description of the previously added item into the description of the newly added item. Has anyone seen this?