Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-Order the new core rulebooks now.
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20

Honestly, I don't know why you guys are having this issue. I've been working on setting up a CoC campaign all week and I've been connected to both the new campaign (jumpgate) and an old campaign (non-jumpgate) and opened many, many character sheets in both and not seen this problem. I've been working in Chrome on a Mac. All I can say is, my best guess, is it has something to do with your particular configurations. 
1717042271
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Numerous sheets (not just COC) seem to be experiencing this issue today.  Multiple user's have reported it.
1717046177

Edited 1717046306
I also don't experience said issue... But since vÍnce said other users having the same issue with other sheets it seems to be a global problem with one of the Roll20 services / servers. EDIT: SAME Problem with Firefox Incognito! Map was also BLANK at first. Took it a good minute before loading it correctly! Saul J. said: Honestly, I don't know why you guys are having this issue. I've been working on setting up a CoC campaign all week and I've been connected to both the new campaign (jumpgate) and an old campaign (non-jumpgate) and opened many, many character sheets in both and not seen this problem. I've been working in Chrome on a Mac. All I can say is, my best guess, is it has something to do with your particular configurations. 
Hey everyone! There was a bug that some users were experiencing, that has now been fixed. Please let us know if you are still having issues!
1717085421

Edited 1717085439
Problem STILL exists! The SHEET TEMPLATE is not loaded at all! (Latest Firefox) Patrice said: Hey everyone! There was a bug that some users were experiencing, that has now been fixed. Please let us know if you are still having issues!
Yes, still happening
Patrice said: Hey everyone! There was a bug that some users were experiencing, that has now been fixed. Please let us know if you are still having issues! Seems to be a problem with FIREFOX. Accessing it with BRAVE it loads fine!
Something NEW:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11897322/call-of-cthulhu-character-sheet-issue-combat-rolls/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11897322/call-of-cthulhu-character-sheet-issue-combat-rolls/</a>
Patrice said: Hey everyone! There was a bug that some users were experiencing, that has now been fixed. Please let us know if you are still having issues! Hi Patrice - Still not working on Firefox. BTW - the way the rolls post from the sheet onto the chat is also wonky if no one mentioned it.
Try using Chrome or some Chromium Browser until they fix it... It is an issue solely with Firefox... Shaun R. said: Patrice said: Hey everyone! There was a bug that some users were experiencing, that has now been fixed. Please let us know if you are still having issues! Hi Patrice - Still not working on Firefox. BTW - the way the rolls post from the sheet onto the chat is also wonky if no one mentioned it.
1717526579

Edited 1717526679
Nora C.
Roll20 Team
Hey gang, the sheets team has been trying to reproduce this on Firefox across multiple Operating Systems to no success. We want you to be able to play your games on your preferred browsers, so if you can create a helpdesk ticket with a link to the affected games, the firefox version numbers, and your operating systems, we've alerted our user experience team to keep an eye out. Thanks so much Nora
Does anyone know how to use the "Roll NPC Stats" feature of the CoC sheet? I've tried to set the toggle to both "On" and "Query" and nothing happens when I drop the character to the map. I'm putting together a Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign and a lot of the chapters have thugs, or villagers, or servants with differing stats and rather than create one character for each thug, villager, or servant I might need, I'd like to be able to use the "Roll NPC Stats" feature to make unique thugs, villagers, servants, etc. each time I drop one onto the map. Thanks.
1718133330

Edited 1718133407
Nora C.
Roll20 Team
Saul J. said: Does anyone know how to use the "Roll NPC Stats" feature of the CoC sheet? I've tried to set the toggle to both "On" and "Query" and nothing happens when I drop the character to the map. I'm putting together a Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign and a lot of the chapters have thugs, or villagers, or servants with differing stats and rather than create one character for each thug, villager, or servant I might need, I'd like to be able to use the "Roll NPC Stats" feature to make unique thugs, villagers, servants, etc. each time I drop one onto the map. Thanks. Hi Saul! We only have auto rolling NPC stats for monsters and characters that have roll information included in the source material, like the Ghost from the Keeper's Handbook, included in our Free Basic Rules . If there are monsters or other NPCs that should have auto-rolling but don't, I'd be happy to let our content team know so they can raise a ticket to get that fixed for you.
Well, that kinda sucks. I'm putting together a Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign. There are thugs, cultists, etc. where auto-rolling would be very, very helpful, rather than having to create 10-20 of each, in each chapter/scenario. That really clutters up the journal. They are kinda randomized in the source material, but the module/campaign itself is not available as a campaign on Roll20. Your response makes me wonder why there's an option for the "Roll NPC Stats" feature on the sheet. If it's done automatically for the monsters/NPCs in published modules, then it isn't necessary to have the toggle. The toggle appears to be there so that when doing our own campaigns, we could use it... but that's apparently not the case. Can it be implemented for other NPCs/monsters? Is there an API that can do the trick? Is there some way to accomplish what I want to do without having to create 200 or so NPCs? Nora C. said: Saul J. said: Does anyone know how to use the "Roll NPC Stats" feature of the CoC sheet? I've tried to set the toggle to both "On" and "Query" and nothing happens when I drop the character to the map. I'm putting together a Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign and a lot of the chapters have thugs, or villagers, or servants with differing stats and rather than create one character for each thug, villager, or servant I might need, I'd like to be able to use the "Roll NPC Stats" feature to make unique thugs, villagers, servants, etc. each time I drop one onto the map. Thanks. Hi Saul! We only have auto rolling NPC stats for monsters and characters that have roll information included in the source material, like the Ghost from the Keeper's Handbook, included in our Free Basic Rules . If there are monsters or other NPCs that should have auto-rolling but don't, I'd be happy to let our content team know so they can raise a ticket to get that fixed for you.
I ran into the same situation, so you might find this useful in your games.&nbsp; I created a stock thug and then used this script to duplicate them as many times as needed&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:DupCharToken" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:DupCharToken</a> Saul J. said: Well, that kinda sucks. I'm putting together a Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign. There are thugs, cultists, etc. where auto-rolling would be very, very helpful, rather than having to create 10-20 of each, in each chapter/scenario. That really clutters up the journal. They are kinda randomized in the source material, but the module/campaign itself is not available as a campaign on Roll20. Your response makes me wonder why there's an option for the "Roll NPC Stats" feature on the sheet. If it's done automatically for the monsters/NPCs in published modules, then it isn't necessary to have the toggle. The toggle appears to be there so that when doing our own campaigns, we could use it... but that's apparently not the case. Can it be implemented for other NPCs/monsters? Is there an API that can do the trick? Is there some way to accomplish what I want to do without having to create 200 or so NPCs? Nora C. said: Saul J. said: Does anyone know how to use the "Roll NPC Stats" feature of the CoC sheet? I've tried to set the toggle to both "On" and "Query" and nothing happens when I drop the character to the map. I'm putting together a Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign and a lot of the chapters have thugs, or villagers, or servants with differing stats and rather than create one character for each thug, villager, or servant I might need, I'd like to be able to use the "Roll NPC Stats" feature to make unique thugs, villagers, servants, etc. each time I drop one onto the map. Thanks. Hi Saul! We only have auto rolling NPC stats for monsters and characters that have roll information included in the source material, like the Ghost from the Keeper's Handbook, included in our Free Basic Rules . If there are monsters or other NPCs that should have auto-rolling but don't, I'd be happy to let our content team know so they can raise a ticket to get that fixed for you.
That script just makes identical copies of the character and puts numbers on the tokens to identify them. That's not what I need. I need the ability to randomize the stats - different STR, CON, SIZ, etc. so that each "thug" is different from each other "thug". Steven W said: I ran into the same situation, so you might find this useful in your games.&nbsp; I created a stock thug and then used this script to duplicate them as many times as needed&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:DupCharToken" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:DupCharToken</a>
The option is there because you have both the fixed value AND the amount of Dice to Roll in case you want some randomization for it. If you do NOT roll stats for Monsters from the compendium, they keep their fixed stats... In order to fix this, they'd need to add the Cultists to the compendium, too for you to drag out... MAYBE we will see this one day when custom compendiums are a thing... Would definitely be useful to have own compendiums per campaign to store relevant infos / characters etc. to... Saul J. said: Well, that kinda sucks. I'm putting together a Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign. There are thugs, cultists, etc. where auto-rolling would be very, very helpful, rather than having to create 10-20 of each, in each chapter/scenario. That really clutters up the journal. They are kinda randomized in the source material, but the module/campaign itself is not available as a campaign on Roll20. Your response makes me wonder why there's an option for the "Roll NPC Stats" feature on the sheet. If it's done automatically for the monsters/NPCs in published modules, then it isn't necessary to have the toggle. The toggle appears to be there so that when doing our own campaigns, we could use it... but that's apparently not the case. Can it be implemented for other NPCs/monsters? Is there an API that can do the trick? Is there some way to accomplish what I want to do without having to create 200 or so NPCs? Nora C. said: Saul J. said: Does anyone know how to use the "Roll NPC Stats" feature of the CoC sheet? I've tried to set the toggle to both "On" and "Query" and nothing happens when I drop the character to the map. I'm putting together a Masks of Nyarlathotep campaign and a lot of the chapters have thugs, or villagers, or servants with differing stats and rather than create one character for each thug, villager, or servant I might need, I'd like to be able to use the "Roll NPC Stats" feature to make unique thugs, villagers, servants, etc. each time I drop one onto the map. Thanks. Hi Saul! We only have auto rolling NPC stats for monsters and characters that have roll information included in the source material, like the Ghost from the Keeper's Handbook, included in our Free Basic Rules . If there are monsters or other NPCs that should have auto-rolling but don't, I'd be happy to let our content team know so they can raise a ticket to get that fixed for you.
Nora, one other thing. Are fumbles now correctly displayed in chat? I have not checked back BUT posted a link to another bug Thread regarding this sheet and given the Screenshots there, this is STILL a thing! Can you give an Update to this as well please?
I do understand what you mean, I suggested the script as it made my life much easier as I just reasoned that one thug was the same as another thug.&nbsp;&nbsp; I just gave up trying to enter each of the half dozen or so average thugs from each chapter. Saul J. said: That script just makes identical copies of the character and puts numbers on the tokens to identify them. That's not what I need. I need the ability to randomize the stats - different STR, CON, SIZ, etc. so that each "thug" is different from each other "thug". Steven W said: I ran into the same situation, so you might find this useful in your games.&nbsp; I created a stock thug and then used this script to duplicate them as many times as needed&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:DupCharToken" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:DupCharToken</a>
Well, they're not all identical. Some have different damage bonuses, some have different sanity levels or POW (which makes a difference if the PCs know spells), etc. Sometimes, those little differences do matter. Steven W said: I do understand what you mean, I suggested the script as it made my life much easier as I just reasoned that one thug was the same as another thug.&nbsp;&nbsp; I just gave up trying to enter each of the half dozen or so average thugs from each chapter. Saul J. said: That script just makes identical copies of the character and puts numbers on the tokens to identify them. That's not what I need. I need the ability to randomize the stats - different STR, CON, SIZ, etc. so that each "thug" is different from each other "thug". Steven W said: I ran into the same situation, so you might find this useful in your games.&nbsp; I created a stock thug and then used this script to duplicate them as many times as needed&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:DupCharToken" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Script:DupCharToken</a>
TheMarkus1204 said: Nora, one other thing. Are fumbles now correctly displayed in chat? I have not checked back BUT posted a link to another bug Thread regarding this sheet and given the Screenshots there, this is STILL a thing! Can you give an Update to this as well please? The fumbles are working correctly for Skill Rolls, but I've confirmed that Combat rolls need to get hooked up to the same logic. It's been added to our roadmap for next week.