Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20

Edited 1707874729
Someone brought it up about a year ago. It was read but bypassed because there were other problems that were more important. In the grand scheme of things, everything is important, but D&D is the money maker. If you want to be heard, play D&D, learn to code all this and fix it yourself, or if your lazy like me, just wait for the crumbs and hope it's something you wanted to see get fixed or go to another VTT. That's your options, like 'em or not.
Funny you are speaking of D&D. They are implementing a whole new sheet for this. And tbh I have hopes (even though they are very little), they will do the same for Cthulhu as well (with a different base and thus new possibilies to add things later on without breaking the sheet as has happend so often in the past)...

Edited 1708452686
Kinower
Sheet Author
I don't know what happens but when I roll a roll with a skill, it rolls two dice, two tens and two units, this doesn't happen with characteristics, I have disabled the bonus/penalty rolls in the character sheet and in the game options. this is the general configuration of the game and this is the character's
I'm getting an error message on my character when I click on Luck, " No attribute was found for @{ Milton Daniels|luck_roll}".  What is this and can I make it work properly?
Is EDIT Mode Enabled or Disabled? If the field itself is empty and you click on it, you get that error as no value is present. To fix that, Turn ON Edit Mode, enter the value and turn it back off. You can also toggle those fields in settings that you can edit them even with Edit mode turned off... Lexin said: I'm getting an error message on my character when I click on Luck, " No attribute was found for @{ Milton Daniels|luck_roll}".  What is this and can I make it work properly?
This seems to be an old configuration / old screenshot as they added the "Arkham Skills" recently in settings... But regarding the roll behavior... this is intended! WHY it rolls that many die I cannot tell you, but devs stated it is intended earlier in this thread... Kinower said: I don't know what happens but when I roll a roll with a skill, it rolls two dice, two tens and two units, this doesn't happen with characteristics, I have disabled the bonus/penalty rolls in the character sheet and in the game options. this is the general configuration of the game and this is the character's
I tried both, and nothing happened. Including re-entering the value. TheMarkus1204 said: Is EDIT Mode Enabled or Disabled? If the field itself is empty and you click on it, you get that error as no value is present. To fix that, Turn ON Edit Mode, enter the value and turn it back off. You can also toggle those fields in settings that you can edit them even with Edit mode turned off...
Lexin said: I'm getting an error message on my character when I click on Luck, " No attribute was found for @{ Milton Daniels|luck_roll}".  What is this and can I make it work properly? Can you post a screenshot of the Sheet for that Character? (Milton Daniels) Please include the complete header.

Edited 1709243312
We had this roll come up in last night's session. 2/28/24 It is a homebrewed game, However, last I read we thought a 100 roll would reflect a failure or crit failure. Clearly this hasn't been fixed. I had to explain to the player that by going over 100 on the skill that there is still a possibility of failures. The perk of this though is that you get to have a higher value of a Hard or Extreme roll. She won't ever roll over 100 so that skill is locked. I may give her a bump if she rolls a 01 but we haven't crossed that bridge. I try to be more tolerant and enjoy the players working thru insanity than death.
Lexin said: I tried both, and nothing happened. Including re-entering the value. TheMarkus1204 said: Is EDIT Mode Enabled or Disabled? If the field itself is empty and you click on it, you get that error as no value is present. To fix that, Turn ON Edit Mode, enter the value and turn it back off. You can also toggle those fields in settings that you can edit them even with Edit mode turned off... It is more than likely a setting, if not, and you run mods of some kind, don't forget to reset your sandbox. I have my initiative rolls flake out at least 1x a session and the players just can't roll. After I reset the sandbox magic happens again.. Just throwing this out there to help you. 
Ralph
Pro
Marketplace Creator
TheMarkus1204 said: Lexin said: I'm getting an error message on my character when I click on Luck, " No attribute was found for @{ Milton Daniels|luck_roll}".  What is this and can I make it work properly? Can you post a screenshot of the Sheet for that Character? (Milton Daniels) Please include the complete header. I had this a couple of days ago (with luck roles). It seems to be fixed now.

Edited 1710828282
100 is always a fumble, even if you have a higher value than that... and according to the devs, it WILL get fixed SOMETIME in the future... there is no ETA as always! But since they are NOT going to implement a select for different ERAs although there are quite a few of them now and even the new ones directly from CHAOSIUM is really sad and tbh makes me not want to use that sheet anymore for those OR buy any other Cthulhu Product here on Roll20... THOUGH I do HOPE that once the new DnD Sheet is finished, we will get a NEW ONE that has a true era select and other neat features!!! The Keeper said: We had this roll come up in last night's session. 2/28/24 It is a homebrewed game, However, last I read we thought a 100 roll would reflect a failure or crit failure. Clearly this hasn't been fixed. I had to explain to the player that by going over 100 on the skill that there is still a possibility of failures. The perk of this though is that you get to have a higher value of a Hard or Extreme roll. She won't ever roll over 100 so that skill is locked. I may give her a bump if she rolls a 01 but we haven't crossed that bridge. I try to be more tolerant and enjoy the players working thru insanity than death.
Just a quick question, and I hope it's appropriate here: Has anyone bought the Keeper's book and Investigator's Handbook on Roll20? Are they worth getting? i have the physical and pdfs of both so I don't need them to run anything, and I ran a CoC campaign without having them in Roll20 but I'm wondering if the books are useful to have in Roll20.  Thx.
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Saul J. said: Just a quick question, and I hope it's appropriate here: Has anyone bought the Keeper's book and Investigator's Handbook on Roll20? Are they worth getting? i have the physical and pdfs of both so I don't need them to run anything, and I ran a CoC campaign without having them in Roll20 but I'm wondering if the books are useful to have in Roll20.  Thx. I like having them, both as a keeper and a player.
Saul J. said: Just a quick question, and I hope it's appropriate here: Has anyone bought the Keeper's book and Investigator's Handbook on Roll20? Are they worth getting? i have the physical and pdfs of both so I don't need them to run anything, and I ran a CoC campaign without having them in Roll20 but I'm wondering if the books are useful to have in Roll20.  Thx. If you don't use the Charactermancer for creating characters you really don't need them...
Are there any books or other items in the marketplace that you do recommend? As I said, I ran a module previously without problems - Horror on the Orient Express - but I spent a lot of time typing in monster stats and spell information and finding appropriate images to use as tokens, etc. It would be nice to cut down on my preparation time and effort, if I can. I'm probably going to be running another module soon - either Masks of Nyarlathotep or Curse of Nineveh.  Any suggestions on useful items in the Roll20 Marketplace? TheMarkus1204 said: Saul J. said: Just a quick question, and I hope it's appropriate here: Has anyone bought the Keeper's book and Investigator's Handbook on Roll20? Are they worth getting? i have the physical and pdfs of both so I don't need them to run anything, and I ran a CoC campaign without having them in Roll20 but I'm wondering if the books are useful to have in Roll20.  Thx. If you don't use the Charactermancer for creating characters you really don't need them...
The Grimoire and the Malleus Monstrorum are really good. With those you can just drag'n drop spells if needed from the Grimoire or Monsters / Entities when needed from the Malleus Monstrorum ;) Saul J. said: Are there any books or other items in the marketplace that you do recommend? As I said, I ran a module previously without problems - Horror on the Orient Express - but I spent a lot of time typing in monster stats and spell information and finding appropriate images to use as tokens, etc. It would be nice to cut down on my preparation time and effort, if I can. I'm probably going to be running another module soon - either Masks of Nyarlathotep or Curse of Nineveh.  Any suggestions on useful items in the Roll20 Marketplace? TheMarkus1204 said: Saul J. said: Just a quick question, and I hope it's appropriate here: Has anyone bought the Keeper's book and Investigator's Handbook on Roll20? Are they worth getting? i have the physical and pdfs of both so I don't need them to run anything, and I ran a CoC campaign without having them in Roll20 but I'm wondering if the books are useful to have in Roll20.  Thx. If you don't use the Charactermancer for creating characters you really don't need them...
TheMarkus1204 said: Lexin said: I'm getting an error message on my character when I click on Luck, " No attribute was found for @{ Milton Daniels|luck_roll}".  What is this and can I make it work properly? Can you post a screenshot of the Sheet for that Character? (Milton Daniels) Please include the complete header. Yes, see the screenshot below. I can't see anything odd about it, but I'm no expert.
Sorry, it seems to have been corrected in the few days since I last looked at this.
The Malleus Monstrorum is very expensive... I'll have to think about whether or not it's worth it once I've read through the module I end up running. But, thanks for the recommendations! TheMarkus1204 said: The Grimoire and the Malleus Monstrorum are really good. With those you can just drag'n drop spells if needed from the Grimoire or Monsters / Entities when needed from the Malleus Monstrorum ;) Saul J. said: Are there any books or other items in the marketplace that you do recommend? As I said, I ran a module previously without problems - Horror on the Orient Express - but I spent a lot of time typing in monster stats and spell information and finding appropriate images to use as tokens, etc. It would be nice to cut down on my preparation time and effort, if I can. I'm probably going to be running another module soon - either Masks of Nyarlathotep or Curse of Nineveh.  Any suggestions on useful items in the Roll20 Marketplace? TheMarkus1204 said: Saul J. said: Just a quick question, and I hope it's appropriate here: Has anyone bought the Keeper's book and Investigator's Handbook on Roll20? Are they worth getting? i have the physical and pdfs of both so I don't need them to run anything, and I ran a CoC campaign without having them in Roll20 but I'm wondering if the books are useful to have in Roll20.  Thx. If you don't use the Charactermancer for creating characters you really don't need them...
Any Updates on the sheet?
Hi GM Scott, that was brought up about a year ago. My advice for you is play D&D. That sheet gets more updated than Call of Cthulhu.

Edited 1712045367
The Keeper said: Hi GM Scott, that was brought up about a year ago. My advice for you is play D&D. That sheet gets more updated than Call of Cthulhu. I have hope they work on a new cthulhu sheet using the new sheet tec already used for Pathfinder and for the upcoming DnD 5E Sheet and that this sheet will not only have an era select to it but will also be more usable than the sheet is right now... I seriously don't understand why the Fumble not displayed as such etc. is STILL a thing! AND I REALLY don't understand why it is NOT possible to implement a proper ERA select since Regency Cthulhu / Musketeers vs Cthulhu etc. are out / coming out and there already are multiple ERAs to play in! (Since there is another sheet that ALREADY HAS THIS IMPLEMENTED!!!)
TheMarkus1204 said: The Keeper said: Hi GM Scott, that was brought up about a year ago. My advice for you is play D&D. That sheet gets more updated than Call of Cthulhu. I have hope they work on a new cthulhu sheet using the new sheet tec already used for Pathfinder and for the upcoming DnD 5E Sheet and that this sheet will not only have an era select to it but will also be more usable than the sheet is right now... I seriously don't understand why the Fumble not displayed as such etc. is STILL a thing! AND I REALLY don't understand why it is NOT possible to implement a proper ERA select since Regency Cthulhu / Musketeers vs Cthulhu etc. are out / coming out and there already are multiple ERAs to play in! (Since there is another sheet that ALREADY HAS THIS IMPLEMENTED!!!) If you honestly don't understand this, I'm surprised. None of the Era books are available in the Marketplace, and so there's no incentive for them to put developer time (which costs money) on that project. The answer to any question of "Why" or "Why Not" is ALWAYS money.
While I do understand this, I also see the missed opportunity on Roll20 Side! There are so many GREAT Adventures for Cthulhu and with the "official" sheet, you can not simply play those but need to adjust the sheet first... Also, since there are Chaosium Products available on the Roll20 store, why not add Regency Cthulhu and others as well? And I do know as well that the focus lies on DnD 5E as it is the "main" System here on Roll20 (or rather the system that is played most!), but it would not hurt to look in other directions (or systems) as well and expand their catalogue on those! Starr Saphyre said: TheMarkus1204 said: The Keeper said: Hi GM Scott, that was brought up about a year ago. My advice for you is play D&D. That sheet gets more updated than Call of Cthulhu. I have hope they work on a new cthulhu sheet using the new sheet tec already used for Pathfinder and for the upcoming DnD 5E Sheet and that this sheet will not only have an era select to it but will also be more usable than the sheet is right now... I seriously don't understand why the Fumble not displayed as such etc. is STILL a thing! AND I REALLY don't understand why it is NOT possible to implement a proper ERA select since Regency Cthulhu / Musketeers vs Cthulhu etc. are out / coming out and there already are multiple ERAs to play in! (Since there is another sheet that ALREADY HAS THIS IMPLEMENTED!!!) If you honestly don't understand this, I'm surprised. None of the Era books are available in the Marketplace, and so there's no incentive for them to put developer time (which costs money) on that project. The answer to any question of "Why" or "Why Not" is ALWAYS money.
The choice of what to put on the marketplace is up to the originating company. If Regency Cthulhu isn't there, it's because Chaosium doesn't put it there. (And the reason there, too, is money; Chaosium has to consider the amount of money it will make from sales on Roll20 vs. the amount of money they will have to pay someone like Sigil Services to "Roll-20-ize" the book and get it into a format for the compendium.) So that has nothing to do with Roll20 and everything to do with Chaosium. As for "looking in other directions", again this comes down to money. Roll20 has a finite amount of coders and employees, and therefore a finite amount of development time. They're not going to put someone on a project that earns 10% of what a D&D project earns, unless there's a reason. It's all about the money. The only way to get more Developer time on Cthulhu is either: A) get Chaosium to put products on the Marketplace that require it. For example, Arkham introduced new skills and went on the marketplace. Ergo, the sheet got edited to support those necessary changes. B) Get a lot more people buying Cthulhu products on the Roll20 Marketplace. If it becomes a larger portion of their market share, then they'll devote a correspondingly larger part of their developer time to it.  However, getting upset because they're not supporting changes that don't make them any return (in essence, doing the work for free), doesn't make a lot of sense. That's not how businesses stay in business. That's why fans can create sheets for other systems, or other sheets for Cthulhu. They can choose to devote their time and knowledge to seeing the changes they want to see, and it doesn't impact Roll20's bottom line. TheMarkus1204 said: While I do understand this, I also see the missed opportunity on Roll20 Side! There are so many GREAT Adventures for Cthulhu and with the "official" sheet, you can not simply play those but need to adjust the sheet first... Also, since there are Chaosium Products available on the Roll20 store, why not add Regency Cthulhu and others as well? And I do know as well that the focus lies on DnD 5E as it is the "main" System here on Roll20 (or rather the system that is played most!), but it would not hurt to look in other directions (or systems) as well and expand their catalogue on those! Starr Saphyre said: TheMarkus1204 said: The Keeper said: Hi GM Scott, that was brought up about a year ago. My advice for you is play D&D. That sheet gets more updated than Call of Cthulhu. I have hope they work on a new cthulhu sheet using the new sheet tec already used for Pathfinder and for the upcoming DnD 5E Sheet and that this sheet will not only have an era select to it but will also be more usable than the sheet is right now... I seriously don't understand why the Fumble not displayed as such etc. is STILL a thing! AND I REALLY don't understand why it is NOT possible to implement a proper ERA select since Regency Cthulhu / Musketeers vs Cthulhu etc. are out / coming out and there already are multiple ERAs to play in! (Since there is another sheet that ALREADY HAS THIS IMPLEMENTED!!!) If you honestly don't understand this, I'm surprised. None of the Era books are available in the Marketplace, and so there's no incentive for them to put developer time (which costs money) on that project. The answer to any question of "Why" or "Why Not" is ALWAYS money.
If those community sheets would have Compendium access, I would have switched a long time ago... Sadly the only sheet with access to the compendium is the one by Roll20... And if they are not "upgrading" the sheet, they could at least fix the bugs (Fumble not displayed as such, ...) Starr Saphyre said: The choice of what to put on the marketplace is up to the originating company. If Regency Cthulhu isn't there, it's because Chaosium doesn't put it there. (And the reason there, too, is money; Chaosium has to consider the amount of money it will make from sales on Roll20 vs. the amount of money they will have to pay someone like Sigil Services to "Roll-20-ize" the book and get it into a format for the compendium.) So that has nothing to do with Roll20 and everything to do with Chaosium. As for "looking in other directions", again this comes down to money. Roll20 has a finite amount of coders and employees, and therefore a finite amount of development time. They're not going to put someone on a project that earns 10% of what a D&D project earns, unless there's a reason. It's all about the money. The only way to get more Developer time on Cthulhu is either: A) get Chaosium to put products on the Marketplace that require it. For example, Arkham introduced new skills and went on the marketplace. Ergo, the sheet got edited to support those necessary changes. B) Get a lot more people buying Cthulhu products on the Roll20 Marketplace. If it becomes a larger portion of their market share, then they'll devote a correspondingly larger part of their developer time to it.  However, getting upset because they're not supporting changes that don't make them any return (in essence, doing the work for free), doesn't make a lot of sense. That's not how businesses stay in business. That's why fans can create sheets for other systems, or other sheets for Cthulhu. They can choose to devote their time and knowledge to seeing the changes they want to see, and it doesn't impact Roll20's bottom line. TheMarkus1204 said: While I do understand this, I also see the missed opportunity on Roll20 Side! There are so many GREAT Adventures for Cthulhu and with the "official" sheet, you can not simply play those but need to adjust the sheet first... Also, since there are Chaosium Products available on the Roll20 store, why not add Regency Cthulhu and others as well? And I do know as well that the focus lies on DnD 5E as it is the "main" System here on Roll20 (or rather the system that is played most!), but it would not hurt to look in other directions (or systems) as well and expand their catalogue on those! Starr Saphyre said: TheMarkus1204 said: The Keeper said: Hi GM Scott, that was brought up about a year ago. My advice for you is play D&D. That sheet gets more updated than Call of Cthulhu. I have hope they work on a new cthulhu sheet using the new sheet tec already used for Pathfinder and for the upcoming DnD 5E Sheet and that this sheet will not only have an era select to it but will also be more usable than the sheet is right now... I seriously don't understand why the Fumble not displayed as such etc. is STILL a thing! AND I REALLY don't understand why it is NOT possible to implement a proper ERA select since Regency Cthulhu / Musketeers vs Cthulhu etc. are out / coming out and there already are multiple ERAs to play in! (Since there is another sheet that ALREADY HAS THIS IMPLEMENTED!!!) If you honestly don't understand this, I'm surprised. None of the Era books are available in the Marketplace, and so there's no incentive for them to put developer time (which costs money) on that project. The answer to any question of "Why" or "Why Not" is ALWAYS money.
I hate to say it but... if you're really upset with the lack of support for Call of Cthulhu on Roll20, then switch to Foundry. A lot of the Chaosium modules that aren't here, are available there and there is a lot more support from the "community" on Foundry for Call of Cthulhu. TheMarkus1204 said: If those community sheets would have Compendium access, I would have switched a long time ago... Sadly the only sheet with access to the compendium is the one by Roll20... And if they are not "upgrading" the sheet, they could at least fix the bugs (Fumble not displayed as such, ...) Starr Saphyre said: The choice of what to put on the marketplace is up to the originating company. If Regency Cthulhu isn't there, it's because Chaosium doesn't put it there. (And the reason there, too, is money; Chaosium has to consider the amount of money it will make from sales on Roll20 vs. the amount of money they will have to pay someone like Sigil Services to "Roll-20-ize" the book and get it into a format for the compendium.) So that has nothing to do with Roll20 and everything to do with Chaosium. As for "looking in other directions", again this comes down to money. Roll20 has a finite amount of coders and employees, and therefore a finite amount of development time. They're not going to put someone on a project that earns 10% of what a D&D project earns, unless there's a reason. It's all about the money. The only way to get more Developer time on Cthulhu is either: A) get Chaosium to put products on the Marketplace that require it. For example, Arkham introduced new skills and went on the marketplace. Ergo, the sheet got edited to support those necessary changes. B) Get a lot more people buying Cthulhu products on the Roll20 Marketplace. If it becomes a larger portion of their market share, then they'll devote a correspondingly larger part of their developer time to it.  However, getting upset because they're not supporting changes that don't make them any return (in essence, doing the work for free), doesn't make a lot of sense. That's not how businesses stay in business. That's why fans can create sheets for other systems, or other sheets for Cthulhu. They can choose to devote their time and knowledge to seeing the changes they want to see, and it doesn't impact Roll20's bottom line. TheMarkus1204 said: While I do understand this, I also see the missed opportunity on Roll20 Side! There are so many GREAT Adventures for Cthulhu and with the "official" sheet, you can not simply play those but need to adjust the sheet first... Also, since there are Chaosium Products available on the Roll20 store, why not add Regency Cthulhu and others as well? And I do know as well that the focus lies on DnD 5E as it is the "main" System here on Roll20 (or rather the system that is played most!), but it would not hurt to look in other directions (or systems) as well and expand their catalogue on those! Starr Saphyre said: TheMarkus1204 said: The Keeper said: Hi GM Scott, that was brought up about a year ago. My advice for you is play D&D. That sheet gets more updated than Call of Cthulhu. I have hope they work on a new cthulhu sheet using the new sheet tec already used for Pathfinder and for the upcoming DnD 5E Sheet and that this sheet will not only have an era select to it but will also be more usable than the sheet is right now... I seriously don't understand why the Fumble not displayed as such etc. is STILL a thing! AND I REALLY don't understand why it is NOT possible to implement a proper ERA select since Regency Cthulhu / Musketeers vs Cthulhu etc. are out / coming out and there already are multiple ERAs to play in! (Since there is another sheet that ALREADY HAS THIS IMPLEMENTED!!!) If you honestly don't understand this, I'm surprised. None of the Era books are available in the Marketplace, and so there's no incentive for them to put developer time (which costs money) on that project. The answer to any question of "Why" or "Why Not" is ALWAYS money.
I would, but I have a running campaign which I'd like to finish first. Besides, Roll20 has official content from Chaosium, which foundry does not. I wrote with Guys from Chaosium pointing out the lack of official modules there and the answer I got was, that the sheet on Foundry is semi-official. Wish at least the Core Rulebook and the Grimoire / Maleus Monstrorum were available there... Saul J. said: I hate to say it but... if you're really upset with the lack of support for Call of Cthulhu on Roll20, then switch to Foundry. A lot of the Chaosium modules that aren't here, are available there and there is a lot more support from the "community" on Foundry for Call of Cthulhu. TheMarkus1204 said: If those community sheets would have Compendium access, I would have switched a long time ago... Sadly the only sheet with access to the compendium is the one by Roll20... And if they are not "upgrading" the sheet, they could at least fix the bugs (Fumble not displayed as such, ...) Starr Saphyre said: The choice of what to put on the marketplace is up to the originating company. If Regency Cthulhu isn't there, it's because Chaosium doesn't put it there. (And the reason there, too, is money; Chaosium has to consider the amount of money it will make from sales on Roll20 vs. the amount of money they will have to pay someone like Sigil Services to "Roll-20-ize" the book and get it into a format for the compendium.) So that has nothing to do with Roll20 and everything to do with Chaosium. As for "looking in other directions", again this comes down to money. Roll20 has a finite amount of coders and employees, and therefore a finite amount of development time. They're not going to put someone on a project that earns 10% of what a D&D project earns, unless there's a reason. It's all about the money. The only way to get more Developer time on Cthulhu is either: A) get Chaosium to put products on the Marketplace that require it. For example, Arkham introduced new skills and went on the marketplace. Ergo, the sheet got edited to support those necessary changes. B) Get a lot more people buying Cthulhu products on the Roll20 Marketplace. If it becomes a larger portion of their market share, then they'll devote a correspondingly larger part of their developer time to it.  However, getting upset because they're not supporting changes that don't make them any return (in essence, doing the work for free), doesn't make a lot of sense. That's not how businesses stay in business. That's why fans can create sheets for other systems, or other sheets for Cthulhu. They can choose to devote their time and knowledge to seeing the changes they want to see, and it doesn't impact Roll20's bottom line. TheMarkus1204 said: While I do understand this, I also see the missed opportunity on Roll20 Side! There are so many GREAT Adventures for Cthulhu and with the "official" sheet, you can not simply play those but need to adjust the sheet first... Also, since there are Chaosium Products available on the Roll20 store, why not add Regency Cthulhu and others as well? And I do know as well that the focus lies on DnD 5E as it is the "main" System here on Roll20 (or rather the system that is played most!), but it would not hurt to look in other directions (or systems) as well and expand their catalogue on those! Starr Saphyre said: TheMarkus1204 said: The Keeper said: Hi GM Scott, that was brought up about a year ago. My advice for you is play D&D. That sheet gets more updated than Call of Cthulhu. I have hope they work on a new cthulhu sheet using the new sheet tec already used for Pathfinder and for the upcoming DnD 5E Sheet and that this sheet will not only have an era select to it but will also be more usable than the sheet is right now... I seriously don't understand why the Fumble not displayed as such etc. is STILL a thing! AND I REALLY don't understand why it is NOT possible to implement a proper ERA select since Regency Cthulhu / Musketeers vs Cthulhu etc. are out / coming out and there already are multiple ERAs to play in! (Since there is another sheet that ALREADY HAS THIS IMPLEMENTED!!!) If you honestly don't understand this, I'm surprised. None of the Era books are available in the Marketplace, and so there's no incentive for them to put developer time (which costs money) on that project. The answer to any question of "Why" or "Why Not" is ALWAYS money.
Then try Fantasy Grounds. Several Chaosium products are officially supported there. For example, I know Masks of Nyarlathotep is available. TheMarkus1204 said: I would, but I have a running campaign which I'd like to finish first. Besides, Roll20 has official content from Chaosium, which foundry does not. I wrote with Guys from Chaosium pointing out the lack of official modules there and the answer I got was, that the sheet on Foundry is semi-official. Wish at least the Core Rulebook and the Grimoire / Maleus Monstrorum were available there... Saul J. said: I hate to say it but... if you're really upset with the lack of support for Call of Cthulhu on Roll20, then switch to Foundry. A lot of the Chaosium modules that aren't here, are available there and there is a lot more support from the "community" on Foundry for Call of Cthulhu. TheMarkus1204 said: If those community sheets would have Compendium access, I would have switched a long time ago... Sadly the only sheet with access to the compendium is the one by Roll20... And if they are not "upgrading" the sheet, they could at least fix the bugs (Fumble not displayed as such, ...) Starr Saphyre said: The choice of what to put on the marketplace is up to the originating company. If Regency Cthulhu isn't there, it's because Chaosium doesn't put it there. (And the reason there, too, is money; Chaosium has to consider the amount of money it will make from sales on Roll20 vs. the amount of money they will have to pay someone like Sigil Services to "Roll-20-ize" the book and get it into a format for the compendium.) So that has nothing to do with Roll20 and everything to do with Chaosium. As for "looking in other directions", again this comes down to money. Roll20 has a finite amount of coders and employees, and therefore a finite amount of development time. They're not going to put someone on a project that earns 10% of what a D&D project earns, unless there's a reason. It's all about the money. The only way to get more Developer time on Cthulhu is either: A) get Chaosium to put products on the Marketplace that require it. For example, Arkham introduced new skills and went on the marketplace. Ergo, the sheet got edited to support those necessary changes. B) Get a lot more people buying Cthulhu products on the Roll20 Marketplace. If it becomes a larger portion of their market share, then they'll devote a correspondingly larger part of their developer time to it.  However, getting upset because they're not supporting changes that don't make them any return (in essence, doing the work for free), doesn't make a lot of sense. That's not how businesses stay in business. That's why fans can create sheets for other systems, or other sheets for Cthulhu. They can choose to devote their time and knowledge to seeing the changes they want to see, and it doesn't impact Roll20's bottom line. TheMarkus1204 said: While I do understand this, I also see the missed opportunity on Roll20 Side! There are so many GREAT Adventures for Cthulhu and with the "official" sheet, you can not simply play those but need to adjust the sheet first... Also, since there are Chaosium Products available on the Roll20 store, why not add Regency Cthulhu and others as well? And I do know as well that the focus lies on DnD 5E as it is the "main" System here on Roll20 (or rather the system that is played most!), but it would not hurt to look in other directions (or systems) as well and expand their catalogue on those! Starr Saphyre said: TheMarkus1204 said: The Keeper said: Hi GM Scott, that was brought up about a year ago. My advice for you is play D&D. That sheet gets more updated than Call of Cthulhu. I have hope they work on a new cthulhu sheet using the new sheet tec already used for Pathfinder and for the upcoming DnD 5E Sheet and that this sheet will not only have an era select to it but will also be more usable than the sheet is right now... I seriously don't understand why the Fumble not displayed as such etc. is STILL a thing! AND I REALLY don't understand why it is NOT possible to implement a proper ERA select since Regency Cthulhu / Musketeers vs Cthulhu etc. are out / coming out and there already are multiple ERAs to play in! (Since there is another sheet that ALREADY HAS THIS IMPLEMENTED!!!) If you honestly don't understand this, I'm surprised. None of the Era books are available in the Marketplace, and so there's no incentive for them to put developer time (which costs money) on that project. The answer to any question of "Why" or "Why Not" is ALWAYS money.
Foundry users always make me laugh a little. It's like Linux users. "Hey, you should be using THIS product instead! Sure, all you have to do is set up your own server, configure your router, hack your install, load your modules..." Or, I could use the Windows equivalent, which just works. Saul J. said: I hate to say it but... if you're really upset with the lack of support for Call of Cthulhu on Roll20, then switch to Foundry. A lot of the Chaosium modules that aren't here, are available there and there is a lot more support from the "community" on Foundry for Call of Cthulhu. TheMarkus1204 said: If those community sheets would have Compendium access, I would have switched a long time ago... Sadly the only sheet with access to the compendium is the one by Roll20... And if they are not "upgrading" the sheet, they could at least fix the bugs (Fumble not displayed as such, ...) Starr Saphyre said: The choice of what to put on the marketplace is up to the originating company. If Regency Cthulhu isn't there, it's because Chaosium doesn't put it there. (And the reason there, too, is money; Chaosium has to consider the amount of money it will make from sales on Roll20 vs. the amount of money they will have to pay someone like Sigil Services to "Roll-20-ize" the book and get it into a format for the compendium.) So that has nothing to do with Roll20 and everything to do with Chaosium. As for "looking in other directions", again this comes down to money. Roll20 has a finite amount of coders and employees, and therefore a finite amount of development time. They're not going to put someone on a project that earns 10% of what a D&D project earns, unless there's a reason. It's all about the money. The only way to get more Developer time on Cthulhu is either: A) get Chaosium to put products on the Marketplace that require it. For example, Arkham introduced new skills and went on the marketplace. Ergo, the sheet got edited to support those necessary changes. B) Get a lot more people buying Cthulhu products on the Roll20 Marketplace. If it becomes a larger portion of their market share, then they'll devote a correspondingly larger part of their developer time to it.  However, getting upset because they're not supporting changes that don't make them any return (in essence, doing the work for free), doesn't make a lot of sense. That's not how businesses stay in business. That's why fans can create sheets for other systems, or other sheets for Cthulhu. They can choose to devote their time and knowledge to seeing the changes they want to see, and it doesn't impact Roll20's bottom line. TheMarkus1204 said: While I do understand this, I also see the missed opportunity on Roll20 Side! There are so many GREAT Adventures for Cthulhu and with the "official" sheet, you can not simply play those but need to adjust the sheet first... Also, since there are Chaosium Products available on the Roll20 store, why not add Regency Cthulhu and others as well? And I do know as well that the focus lies on DnD 5E as it is the "main" System here on Roll20 (or rather the system that is played most!), but it would not hurt to look in other directions (or systems) as well and expand their catalogue on those! Starr Saphyre said: TheMarkus1204 said: The Keeper said: Hi GM Scott, that was brought up about a year ago. My advice for you is play D&D. That sheet gets more updated than Call of Cthulhu. I have hope they work on a new cthulhu sheet using the new sheet tec already used for Pathfinder and for the upcoming DnD 5E Sheet and that this sheet will not only have an era select to it but will also be more usable than the sheet is right now... I seriously don't understand why the Fumble not displayed as such etc. is STILL a thing! AND I REALLY don't understand why it is NOT possible to implement a proper ERA select since Regency Cthulhu / Musketeers vs Cthulhu etc. are out / coming out and there already are multiple ERAs to play in! (Since there is another sheet that ALREADY HAS THIS IMPLEMENTED!!!) If you honestly don't understand this, I'm surprised. None of the Era books are available in the Marketplace, and so there's no incentive for them to put developer time (which costs money) on that project. The answer to any question of "Why" or "Why Not" is ALWAYS money.
Thing is, I have a foundry License and there are enough hosters out there to host my games (theforge for instance). Yes, it costs a fee, but it really is worth it because you don't have to "hack" your Router in case of Port forwarding to get Players to actually join your games... I know that several Chaosium Products are already implemented for Fantasy Grounds. But as said, for the running campaign I will stay with Roll20 and after that? We will see! Starr Saphyre said: Foundry users always make me laugh a little. It's like Linux users. "Hey, you should be using THIS product instead! Sure, all you have to do is set up your own server, configure your router, hack your install, load your modules..." Or, I could use the Windows equivalent, which just works. Saul J. said: I hate to say it but... if you're really upset with the lack of support for Call of Cthulhu on Roll20, then switch to Foundry. A lot of the Chaosium modules that aren't here, are available there and there is a lot more support from the "community" on Foundry for Call of Cthulhu. TheMarkus1204 said: If those community sheets would have Compendium access, I would have switched a long time ago... Sadly the only sheet with access to the compendium is the one by Roll20... And if they are not "upgrading" the sheet, they could at least fix the bugs (Fumble not displayed as such, ...) Starr Saphyre said: The choice of what to put on the marketplace is up to the originating company. If Regency Cthulhu isn't there, it's because Chaosium doesn't put it there. (And the reason there, too, is money; Chaosium has to consider the amount of money it will make from sales on Roll20 vs. the amount of money they will have to pay someone like Sigil Services to "Roll-20-ize" the book and get it into a format for the compendium.) So that has nothing to do with Roll20 and everything to do with Chaosium. As for "looking in other directions", again this comes down to money. Roll20 has a finite amount of coders and employees, and therefore a finite amount of development time. They're not going to put someone on a project that earns 10% of what a D&D project earns, unless there's a reason. It's all about the money. The only way to get more Developer time on Cthulhu is either: A) get Chaosium to put products on the Marketplace that require it. For example, Arkham introduced new skills and went on the marketplace. Ergo, the sheet got edited to support those necessary changes. B) Get a lot more people buying Cthulhu products on the Roll20 Marketplace. If it becomes a larger portion of their market share, then they'll devote a correspondingly larger part of their developer time to it.  However, getting upset because they're not supporting changes that don't make them any return (in essence, doing the work for free), doesn't make a lot of sense. That's not how businesses stay in business. That's why fans can create sheets for other systems, or other sheets for Cthulhu. They can choose to devote their time and knowledge to seeing the changes they want to see, and it doesn't impact Roll20's bottom line. TheMarkus1204 said: While I do understand this, I also see the missed opportunity on Roll20 Side! There are so many GREAT Adventures for Cthulhu and with the "official" sheet, you can not simply play those but need to adjust the sheet first... Also, since there are Chaosium Products available on the Roll20 store, why not add Regency Cthulhu and others as well? And I do know as well that the focus lies on DnD 5E as it is the "main" System here on Roll20 (or rather the system that is played most!), but it would not hurt to look in other directions (or systems) as well and expand their catalogue on those! Starr Saphyre said: TheMarkus1204 said: The Keeper said: Hi GM Scott, that was brought up about a year ago. My advice for you is play D&D. That sheet gets more updated than Call of Cthulhu. I have hope they work on a new cthulhu sheet using the new sheet tec already used for Pathfinder and for the upcoming DnD 5E Sheet and that this sheet will not only have an era select to it but will also be more usable than the sheet is right now... I seriously don't understand why the Fumble not displayed as such etc. is STILL a thing! AND I REALLY don't understand why it is NOT possible to implement a proper ERA select since Regency Cthulhu / Musketeers vs Cthulhu etc. are out / coming out and there already are multiple ERAs to play in! (Since there is another sheet that ALREADY HAS THIS IMPLEMENTED!!!) If you honestly don't understand this, I'm surprised. None of the Era books are available in the Marketplace, and so there's no incentive for them to put developer time (which costs money) on that project. The answer to any question of "Why" or "Why Not" is ALWAYS money.

Edited 1712697144
Will THIS ever get changed? (Skill order in other languages) In the Screen you see the Sheet in German! As you can see, the Skill order is wrong! Skills do appear in the original order of the English Skills! WHY is this STILL a thing?! (Asking this NOT only for myself but for my Players as well!) EDIT: "Navigation" should be "Orientierung" "Schätzen" should be "Werte schätzen" EDIT 2: THIS does absolutely NOT look good and should be fixed! (Layout issue!)
German Translation of the NPC Sheet is a mess! It is a mix of different languages!

Edited 1713580084
Star I have a question for you. If I see somethings that could use some fixing and someone doesn't mind doing it in their spare time. Once it is completed, do they UL it to roll 20 as an "improved sheet" or do they keep it private? We all know the bugs of the COC sheet and I'm not going to beat a dead horse about that. I consider Roll20 as a MMO game. In that, all MMOs release something, then game breaking bugs get found and at that point there is a priority que to fix them as well as release new content in hope it will make more money and keep people interested. Rinse and repeat any MMO and this is the norm. The little bugs get overlooked because that eats up time for the coders to deal with and sometimes the original guys have moved on or are fired. This is Dark Age of Camelot right now, no one is left that coded it 20 years ago.  Moving forward, I see somethings that I really like on another game sheet. Stormbringer sheet is lacking, Elric sheet is lacking, COC 7th has bugs. However, I see a potential to combine the good from all sheets and come up with a new Stormbringer/Elric sheet, CoC 7th sheet. Lets say this gets completed and the creator wants to release it for public usage. Does he release it as ESC X sheet with it being combined or how would it be classified to not confused players?  
I have been having issues with character sheets across all of my CoC Jump Gate games. This is messed up, it wasn't this way originally when I was testing it out. I submitted a bug report, but have yet to have it resolved. Any advice?
Try enabling Dark Mode. Other than that? Use your normal game, the one you copied over to Jumpgate to play until this is fixed (IF it gets fixed)... You should also send a Help Center Request as well as it is more likely for the Devs to see this than read this thread... But given the time the last change to the sheet happens and the last comment of Nora (the only dev for this sheet?) it might take a while... Aaron B. said: I have been having issues with character sheets across all of my CoC Jump Gate games. This is messed up, it wasn't this way originally when I was testing it out. I submitted a bug report, but have yet to have it resolved. Any advice?