Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Create a free account

Dark Mode VTT Bug Thread

1646358772
You can't tell when a whisper is a whisper in darkmode can you?  Am....am I too old to use computers or something?  Sure theres a slide fade in color if you stare at the window for long but....shouldn't they be more different?
1646361396
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I hadn't even looked at that yet.  There is a color difference (dark purple tint), but you have to be looking for it. Definitely not something that is obvious.
1646362104
Yes please, or put it in the toolbar. Izual N. said: As I don't see this mentioned here, but have seen it voiced many times in two separate threads: Please move the Toggle function into the Settings section, and not on the main window view. It is looks obnoxious, and takes up viewable space.
1646364382
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
DM Eddie said: I was gonna post a rundown of all the api scripts with bad darkmode compatability but I realized that its all of them.  What happens to the must have scripts that no longer have an active author?  Some are really hard to read.   It's not really that simple. API script generally create their own interface, using inline CSS. That formatted output is sent to the chat as-is. It doesn't know if an individual user is using dark mode or not. If a GM sets an API script's custom "dark mode style", everyone in the game will see that, regardless of their individual dark mode settings. I just put a dark mode toggle onto Supernotes to handle the one place I format: whispered (GM only) portions of a token note. Everything else is passed as the default formatting of a Roll20 styled text field, such as bio or gm notes. That uses H1, H2, and other very base level HTML styles. As far as I can tell, those get caught and handled by the dark mode interpreter. Any custom styling at all beyond that is passed without modification. If I were to change the color of the text in a token note to blue, it would get passed as blue, black would be passed as black. If formatting is removed (the eraser button), it should be caught and handled. So Supernotes, which uses sheet roll templates for display, is pretty conformant. But anything that needs to build a custom interface will not be. Which scripts in particular are good examples of "bad dark mode compatibility"?
1646364993

Edited 1646366081
One more for the list: the "Talking to Yourself" flag is light gray text on a white background in Dark Mode: Edit: The next issue doesn't bother me as much, but I thought I would add it for completeness: In Dark Mode, when executing a roll command such as "/r 1d20," there is no visual distinction between a roll to the GM and a public roll. Dark Mode: Light Mode:
1646370347
Andreas J. said: Copy from this thread : Renascia I'm very happy with this sheet's dark mode integration. Every aspect of a player character sheet is fully visible, fully functional, and fully accessible to someone with low vision such as myself. This is a fantastic quality of life upgrade, after using extensions like Dark Reader that darkened sheets but left huge white areas and even distorted some fields. That being said, I am *not* happy with NPC sheets. The dark red text for NPC stats, and the dark grey text for ability descriptions are incredibly low contrast, and very difficult to read. With the design philosophy of Dark Mode being accessibility, could we please change these text colors to be higher contrast and visibility? As at least one other person has noted the font here is also serif instead of sans serif.  Roll20 isn't the New York Times and doesn't need those little bits on the ends of the letters. They just make it harder to read for folks who are already experiencing eye strain and difficulty discerning contrast. Sans Serif is absolutely better for clarity of letter so since this feature is aimed toward accessibility as Renascia points out, I'd add a font change request to the list along with contrast and visibility.
Dimglow said: The 5e OGL Spell Template accessed through &{template:spell} (and possibly others) seem to be inverting colors in the text stream. That's not the only thing that's getting inverted. For one reason or another, any token art that you look at in the archived character section has it's own colors inverted for no reason at all. It's incredible easy to replicate the effect as well. Create a character sheet that displays art of any kind in the list preview. Send that newly created sheet/note to the archived character section. Open the archived character section to view the inverted color scheme.
Dumbhuman said: Martijn S. said: On my mac mini  the first time a sheet is opened, firefox shows the character sheet in light mode. It can be corrected by switching dark mode off and then on again. Google Chrome shows a character sheet in the right way straigth away. On Windows 10, I had that problem in both Firefox and Chrome.  Screenshot from first time logging into Chrome below: Why does Dark Mode start up by default though?  Ideally it should be an opt-in feature (which also means the button probably shouldn't be so prominent).  As an added bonus though, defaulting to Dark Mode off might avoid showcasing this bug with Dark Mode and the official Roll20 character sheets used on the platform's most popular system. edit: Even the tooltip text reads as though it expects Dark Mode to be off by default. If you have Darkmode enabled as standard in your operating system, Roll20 will connect in darkmode by default. However if you switch it once back to Lightmode it will stay in lightmode unless you clear your cache / cookies.
DM Eddie said: You can't tell when a whisper is a whisper in darkmode can you?  Am....am I too old to use computers or something?  Sure theres a slide fade in color if you stare at the window for long but....shouldn't they be more different? Contrast is a thing missing in darkmode... grey on black or black on black is standard for the time being... And before those issues are not fixed, I stay with Lightmode...
Things that change in darkmode: - Spacing between lines / commands - Round corners everywhere ( necessary? ) - Font (as noted more often) and size / formatting ( why? ) - Buttons are cramped togehter as spacing is changed as well! Why not just invert the colors (as is usually done for darkmode) and leave the rest as it is? It COULD be so simple...
1646385556
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Based on my player's experiments last night, the  13th Age by Roll20 character sheet doesn't handle Dark Mode at all well. 
1646387727

Edited 1646387867
Did at least one of the developers look once at what they done with dark mode? A tiny serif font on character sheets. Absolutely unreadable. It is absolutely unusable. Best I can say is: "nice try". From my experience as software developer: better look at your changes in software before deploying them. And let's have a quality check (done by a different person). Look what improvement non-serif font is (simply without dark mode):
1646388137
When hovering over Initiative, any of the saving throws, and the ability score names your cursor becomes a pointer indicating you can click it but no font color change happens to display which one precisely you are hovering over and for skill checks only the parenthesis with the ability they rely on changes font color
1646389497

Edited 1646392194
It does not even look good with all those round corners... just have a look at the Screenshot above... Who thought this design was good?
I'd highly recommend Roll20 wait until they get significant user feedback on the DEV environment before porting anything over to PROD.  Time and time again we see this cycle from Roll20: Roll20 releases something that isn't ready for prime time. A lot of unintentional issues pop up that Roll20 wasn't aware of or prepared to handle. Eventually after a significant period of time Roll20 makes some kind of weak apology for not having ironed everything out before releasing and promises to do better next time. When I logged in on Wednesday and noticed the Dark Mode slider I was immediately filled with concern that the night's session was going to be a mess.  As soon as my players logged on, I informed all of them to be patient as any time Roll20 releases something new there are always issues.  Sure enough we wasted a significant amount of time trying to overcome the new "features." Maybe now that there is this new CEO in place, he can put an emphasis on breaking this cycle and not releasing new features until they actually work fully as expected?  This is a product that some of us pay for and spend significant more money on marketplace purchases.  We should not have to worry that Roll20 is going drop new "features" unannounced that negatively impact previously scheduled sessions. -Adam
1646404356
Adam Caramon said: I'd highly recommend Roll20 wait until they get significant user feedback on the DEV environment before porting anything over to PROD.  Time and time again we see this cycle from Roll20: Roll20 releases something that isn't ready for prime time. A lot of unintentional issues pop up that Roll20 wasn't aware of or prepared to handle. Eventually after a significant period of time Roll20 makes some kind of weak apology for not having ironed everything out before releasing and promises to do better next time. When I logged in on Wednesday and noticed the Dark Mode slider I was immediately filled with concern that the night's session was going to be a mess.  As soon as my players logged on, I informed all of them to be patient as any time Roll20 releases something new there are always issues.  Sure enough we wasted a significant amount of time trying to overcome the new "features." Maybe now that there is this new CEO in place, he can put an emphasis on breaking this cycle and not releasing new features until they actually work fully as expected?  This is a product that some of us pay for and spend significant more money on marketplace purchases.  We should not have to worry that Roll20 is going drop new "features" unannounced that negatively impact previously scheduled sessions. -Adam I think the biggest issue comes in the fact that in the dev environment they only released night mode for pro subscribers which severely limits the amount of user feedback, for example from my group im the only one that even occasionally checks the dev environment but I dont have a pro sub because instead ive gifted it to my dm so we can all have more fun in the game, if they are gonna put stuff that in the future will be accessible to everyone why put it behind a paywall in the dev environment where there is already less traffic
1646408182
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Posting this issue and solution from another thread, for folks who are having trouble with handout styling, along with an explanation of why it happens.  Mark S.  said: So while in Dark Mode, I have texts in handouts that are alternating from white to a black that is almost not visible.  I've even tried selecting all of the text and setting it to black. That doesn't work either. Not sure what is going on with this. Responding here, since I'm not sure you have switched to the main feedback thread and wanted to supply a (hopefully) useful answer. Any custom character-level formatting you do is set and disregards dark mode. Dark mode affects the base styles (the ones in the leftmost popup on the styling bar). So instead of removing color, try removing styling. Select your text and hit the remove styling button. That will preserve the paragraph styles (H1, H2, etc), but remove the character level styling. The dark mode knows how to change built in styling, but whenever it encounters character level styling ("make this word red"), it doesn't have a general rule of what to do with "red" so it leaves it alone. When dealing with character level styling, it does the same thing with "black". It thinks you really want that font to be "black", no matter what, so it doesn't touch it.
1646408370
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Issue: Drop down menu for paragraph styling has white background. This is true to some degree in most of the text styling drop downs, but it only a real issue in this one, where the text displays gray.
1646411901
RJ
Plus
The dark mode toggle is overlapping the left hand toolbar in my chrome window.
1646415048

Edited 1646416202
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That looks like a non-standard toolbar. Are you running a third party extension that alters Roll20 behavior? Also, is your browser zoomed, maybe? Are you using something other than Chrome/Firefox? On a mobile device?
1646416156
RJ
Plus
keithcurtis said: That looks like a non-standard toolbar. Are you running a third party extension that alters Roll20 behavior? No?  I am pretty new to roll20 and have not changed many setting at all, and I have definitely not installed any 3rd party extensions (I wouldn't even know how).  What part of the toolbar is non-standard?
1646416617
RJ
Plus
Ah I figured it out.  My wife uses a touch screen for roll20 and installed the chrome extension Touch20, which must have gotten added to my desktop without my knowing about it.  I turned it off and now the toolbar is not overlapping anymore.  Thank you for your help keithcurtis!
1646418100
Black text on black background while editing the NPC sheets. While not editing it looks fine. Also, the dark mode is a great addition to the game. Thanks! Not Editing: Editing:
Adam Caramon said: I'd highly recommend Roll20 wait until they get significant user feedback on the DEV environment before porting anything over to PROD.  Time and time again we see this cycle from Roll20: Roll20 releases something that isn't ready for prime time. A lot of unintentional issues pop up that Roll20 wasn't aware of or prepared to handle. Eventually after a significant period of time Roll20 makes some kind of weak apology for not having ironed everything out before releasing and promises to do better next time. When I logged in on Wednesday and noticed the Dark Mode slider I was immediately filled with concern that the night's session was going to be a mess.  As soon as my players logged on, I informed all of them to be patient as any time Roll20 releases something new there are always issues.  Sure enough we wasted a significant amount of time trying to overcome the new "features." Maybe now that there is this new CEO in place, he can put an emphasis on breaking this cycle and not releasing new features until they actually work fully as expected?  This is a product that some of us pay for and spend significant more money on marketplace purchases.  We should not have to worry that Roll20 is going drop new "features" unannounced that negatively impact previously scheduled sessions. -Adam 100% agreed! Paying customers are not guinea pigs. Roll20 needs a professional QA department, stat.
1646426978

Edited 1646427019
Another Dark mode visual issue This time in the 5e Charactermancer, it does say Feat in almost the same colour as the tab
1646429577
Kilidian said: Adam Caramon said: … I think the biggest issue comes in the fact that in the dev environment they only released night mode for pro subscribers which severely limits the amount of user feedback, for example from my group im the only one that even occasionally checks the dev environment but I dont have a pro sub because instead ive gifted it to my dm so we can all have more fun in the game, if they are gonna put stuff that in the future will be accessible to everyone why put it behind a paywall in the dev environment where there is already less traffic Well, they never set up a thread for feedback in the dev forum.  And the dev version didn’t have dark mode at all for the character sheets. Also, the announcement was this: “… This iteration is a work-in-progress that focuses on the Virtual Tabletop and will be available to all users.  Please check it out and let us know your  thoughts.   We are aware there are some obvious issues but wanted to share our work . We’re continuing to develop Dark Mode and will be making improvements by the end of the month. ” The implication was that we were just seeing a preview and that it would be further refined with more updates to dev, not that it would be unceremoniously dumped to prod.  Since they didn’t make it terribly clear what bits were obvious issues, it would have been a bit difficult to give useful feedback. If I had to guess, they just didn’t have a good way to set up a dev character sheet for us to test - so had to push darkmode for the vtt into production before they could update the character sheet to work correctly with it. And they just figured they’d tweak all the character sheets in production after the fact. In which case they should have buried the toggle in the settings panel with a Beta tag for a bit while they ironed out the sheets.  Not advertised it as this new great feature everyone should use today.
Sean G. said: If I had to guess, they just didn’t have a good way to set up a dev character sheet for us to test - so had to push darkmode for the vtt into production before they could update the character sheet to work correctly with it. And they just figured they’d tweak all the character sheets in production after the fact. In which case they should have buried the toggle in the settings panel with a Beta tag for a bit while they ironed out the sheets.  Not advertised it as this new great feature everyone should use today. I don't see how they couldn't set up a DEV character sheet to test and mirror the production environment.  That's the entire purpose of a DEV or UAT server - work out the issues before they get moved over to the PROD environment. Deciding to release to PROD and then fix after the fact is a terrible plan for any system. If they could have released it as a BETA option that did not impact anything else in PROD until you turned on the option, then I would agree with you that would be a great option. I have a really hard time understanding why these updates hit the PROD environment with no notice and always contain issues/problems that should have already been caught.  At this point I would be happy with them just declaring a PROD release day - i.e., pushes to the PROD environment (absent break/fixes) are always done on a (fill in the day.)  That way I can make sure not to schedule sessions on that day to avoid a poor experience for my players. -Adam
1646439223
Gauss
Forum Champion
I am seeing tooltip hover differences between light and dark mode on the 5e sheet. Hover over the light mode sheet and most things the text switches to red (from black) hover over the dark mode sheet and only some words, or no words are switching to red (from white) example 1: Skills section Light: skills the entire word and relevant ability would change. Dark: now just the relevant ability changes (ex: dex for Acrobatics). example 2: Attack section Light: the entire line changes (name, atk bonus, damage/type) to red. Dark: nothing changes, you have no feedback on whether you are hovering over the correct line.  
1646503530
Dumbhuman
Pro
Marketplace Creator
TheMarkus1204 said: Why does Dark Mode start up by default though?  Ideally it should be an opt-in feature (which also means the button probably shouldn't be so prominent).  As an added bonus though, defaulting to Dark Mode off might avoid showcasing this bug with Dark Mode and the official Roll20 character sheets used on the platform's most popular system. edit: Even the tooltip text reads as though it expects Dark Mode to be off by default. If you have Darkmode enabled as standard in your operating system, Roll20 will connect in darkmode by default. However if you switch it once back to Lightmode it will stay in lightmode unless you clear your cache / cookies. That makes sense, but probably increases the priority of fixing the bug with 5E character sheets since the people most interested in Dark Mode generally (the ones using it for their OS) will see a bigger bug than those who just turn on Dark Mode out of curiousity.
1646504426

Edited 1646504555
Gold
Forum Champion
Sean G. said: Well, they never set up a thread for feedback in the dev forum.  And the dev version didn’t have dark mode at all for the character sheets. Also, the announcement was this: “… This iteration is a work-in-progress that focuses on the Virtual Tabletop and will be available to all users.  Please check it out and let us know your  thoughts.   We are aware there are some obvious issues but wanted to share our work . We’re continuing to develop Dark Mode and will be making improvements by the end of the month. ” I noticed that. The path for even PRO users to give feedback, was murky and unannounced (or at least under-touted) in all of the Roll20 blogs & forums & notifications places that I read daily. Turns out, there was a place called "The Portal." Did you ever see The Portal, Sean? It was a completely separate feedback & change-tracking system, webpage, a different URL altogether with the word "portal" in it.  It wasn't the PRO forum at all. Hopefully Roll20 will announce and promote The Portal if that is meant to be used for user feedback. It was not clear to me if we were meant to be asked to provide feedback there or not.
1646505809
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Gold said: Turns out, there was a place called "The Portal." Did you ever see The Portal, Sean? It was a completely separate feedback & change-tracking system, webpage, a different URL altogether with the word "portal" in it.  It wasn't the PRO forum at all. Hopefully Roll20 will announce and promote The Portal if that is meant to be used for user feedback. It was not clear to me if we were meant to be asked to provide feedback there or not. It is kind of a strange place.  You can't see any of the feedback provided by others, and you can't provide feedback until clicking on a button to proclaim how interested you are in a feature, even if you don't really care for it and are just trying to report a potential issue.  I don't know how you look at feedback you previously provided either.  I've been told that you need to validate your email to be able to look back at your own posts/feedback, but I haven't found where to do that yet.
1646507753
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You just have to say how interested you are (or aren't) in the issue again. It will verify your email (again), then you can see your previous feedback. It's a tough dilemma. Forums are a lousy place to collect bug information, too many digressions, conversations, duplications, erroneous reports, chatter to make it easy to compile useful freeback. The portal is better for the dev team to see the actual issues in a short and hopefully concise manner, but the number of hoops that musy be jumped through, and the lack of awareness of what others have posted make it a slog for users. It would be nice to find a middle ground. As an aside (hah! A needless digression!)--I played a game with dark mode on last night. Yeah, there is still a lot of  tweaking that needs to be done, but is by no means painful or unusable. At least on the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet.
1646531081

Edited 1646531259
This is a really, really annoying bug here.  Damage numbers are black on black - either have to disable dark mode or highlight the text, as I've done. Why was this deployed without testing? This took about 40 seconds to uncover.  Is there not QA department for dev?
1646532202

Edited 1646532270
Gold said: ....Turns out, there was a place called "The Portal." Did you ever see The Portal, Sean?... I mean, yes - I saw it.  It was the link in the bit of text that I copied in my post.  It's not a great place for the types of testing and feedback that would have ironed out any of the bugs in this release though.  It's more of a "do you want this feature? how might you use it?" sort of thing, which was presumably covered ad nauseum by the thread in the suggestions forum.  I think they've just managed to create another less convenient suggestions forum with that portal. There is no real mechanism for us to find bugs and help them polish things before release.  The dev server and pro forum *could* serve that purpose - but it rarely does as far as I've seen.  There is rarely more than one iteration of the code pushed to dev, and the feedback given there is largely ignored.  Which might contribute to a lack of feedback.
1646536160
Gold
Forum Champion
Drespar, the "Product Portal" is very confusing. Can you ask Kenton, from now on, to please post the updates that can be seen on Product Portal, on the Community Forum also?  Can do both places, if that's useful for the Team. The Community Forum is the place that's useful to reach the actual users of Roll20 VTT. There are more people reading the Forum by orders of magnitude, I feel you can verify this. The 'product portal' has been incomprehensible for purposes of Customers providing free feedback on Dev/Demo proposed features.  I can see how it could be useful as an internal Roll20 Dev Team site. Are you intending to obsolete the Community Forum? Can you please speak to the differences between PRO Forum vs. Product Portal, and emphasize if Product Portal is becomming the option that Dev Team would actually look at? Drespar said: If you wish to provide feedback and bug reports, you can do so via the link below! Product Portal here To submit feedback, simply select an option regarding “How important is this to you?”, input your feedback and email address, and it will be immediately logged in our system! You can also opt to receive updates regarding the status of the feature directly in this manner. If you would like to attach a screenshot to the Product Portal it will require the use of a 3rd party image hosting service.
1646538655

Edited 1646581969
I like the implementation of dark mode for roll20, but I think there could be ways to make things easier. For example, the letters on the black background being white instead of black. Also the numbers that are rolled probably don't need the purple box since it's on a white background here. The purple boxes make it weird to look at red and green numbers on nat 1s / nat 20s respectively. Edit: This is the Dungeons & Dragon's 4th Edition sheet. Sorry, I didn't know that each sheet uses its own styling when it came to things like this.
1646541060
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi AmitrajitBraver (and anyone else posting screen shots of roll templates), I think the devs would find the feedback a lot more valuable if you identified the sheet you are using. Each sheet uses its own styling, and Roll20 can only realistically respond to issues with the official sheets.
1646580790
keithcurtis said: DM Eddie said: I was gonna post a rundown of all the api scripts with bad darkmode compatability but I realized that its all of them.  What happens to the must have scripts that no longer have an active author?  Some are really hard to read.   It's not really that simple. API script generally create their own interface, using inline CSS. That formatted output is sent to the chat as-is. It doesn't know if an individual user is using dark mode or not. If a GM sets an API script's custom "dark mode style", everyone in the game will see that, regardless of their individual dark mode settings. I just put a dark mode toggle onto Supernotes to handle the one place I format: whispered (GM only) portions of a token note. Everything else is passed as the default formatting of a Roll20 styled text field, such as bio or gm notes. That uses H1, H2, and other very base level HTML styles. As far as I can tell, those get caught and handled by the dark mode interpreter. Any custom styling at all beyond that is passed without modification. If I were to change the color of the text in a token note to blue, it would get passed as blue, black would be passed as black. If formatting is removed (the eraser button), it should be caught and handled. So Supernotes, which uses sheet roll templates for display, is pretty conformant. But anything that needs to build a custom interface will not be. Which scripts in particular are good examples of "bad dark mode compatibility"? 1.  Groupchecks main menu display, and arguably its main template too honestly.   2.  Apply Damage scriptlet by association with Group check 3.  Group Init's whispered init template is literally unreadably bright all white, the normal non whispered init roll template is ok, but could use a dark mode revamp.   4.  Its a trap, the trap message fire is hard to read and the setup window is as well 5.  CRL and Roll20AM are bright white but readable 6.  Marching Order is hard to read and all white 7.  LazyExperience is all white and hard to read 8.  Message of the day is somewhat ok, but in darkmode it looks really cool for formatting tips 9.  Radar has issues with one of its templates being hard to read and bright 10. Chatsetattr's reporting/response message is unreadable
keithcurtis said: Hi AmitrajitBraver (and anyone else posting screen shots of roll templates), I think the devs would find the feedback a lot more valuable if you identified the sheet you are using. Each sheet uses its own styling, and Roll20 can only realistically respond to issues with the official sheets. Thanks for letting me know! I didn't realize that each sheet uses its own formatting and what not. I edited my earlier reply to mention Dungeons & Dragon's 4th Edition sheet.
On the dark heresy 2 sheets rolls can be very hard to read, due to the purple background colour.
1646585311
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you use /emas for anything (like notifying players that you are making hidden rolls), it is hard to read in dark mode, since that text color doesn't react to the switch.
1646586246
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
AmitrajitBraver said: keithcurtis said: Hi AmitrajitBraver (and anyone else posting screen shots of roll templates), I think the devs would find the feedback a lot more valuable if you identified the sheet you are using. Each sheet uses its own styling, and Roll20 can only realistically respond to issues with the official sheets. Thanks for letting me know! I didn't realize that each sheet uses its own formatting and what not. I edited my earlier reply to mention Dungeons & Dragon's 4th Edition sheet. Excellent, and it serves to show why this kind of information is important. That particular sheet is a community sheet, not created or maintained by Roll20. It's entirely possible that changes Roll20 makes will affect certain things like dice roll displays, but if any changes need to be made to accomodate dark mode, they have to come from either the current author, Wes [ wiki | forum ], or someone willing to take over. Here's information on the sheet . 
1646604290
Deb
Plus
Posting these here too, as others have said the only thing that should change from Light to Dark mode is the colors. The font type, size, alignment - these things shouldn't move - it looks really messy. Because of these changes, you can look at the above screenshots where there's tons of cramped space and alignment issues, those new rounded borders around some of the text (like DEATH SAVES and Initiative) overlap different elements. The rounded bubbles for Skill Checks and Saves aren't needed and look messy and ruin the alignment (in light mode the saves and checks are left aligned and match up, with the bubbles in dark mode it looks completely wrong). Instead, the entire skill area and save area should be that lighter grey and drop the bubbles altogether. These aren't bugs per se, but otherwise it looks like someone went ham with some not good CSS and HTML and called it a day.
I posted this elsewhere but since a couple people mentioned scrollbar styling in this thread I'll post this here too. This CSS works for both day and night mode because it uses transparency. Most browsers support this, and those that don't won't suffer a detriment they don't already. I'm sure my placement nudge of the burger isn't how the Roll20 team would approach that, and my quick and dirty approach may style some scrollbars that I did not intend to style in a negative way (though I have not noticed as such, yet) but it's a nice proof of concept. In the meantime, if you happen to run a browser extension that lets you run your own CSS on the app.roll20.net/editor/ urls, here's the CSS in copy pasteable form. /* Width */ ::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 8px; height: 8px; } /* Track */ ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { background: #80808080; border-radius:4px; } /* Handle */ ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background: #80808080; border-radius:4px; } /* Handle On Hover */ ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:hover { background: #808080bf; } /* Corner */ ::-webkit-scrollbar-corner { background: #80808000; border-radius:4px; } /* Hamburger Placement */ #sidebarcontrol { margin-right:-8px; }
1646614440
so for my games my roll 20 is permanently stuck in dark mode, but its also gliched like you can see the icon is turn off and my character sheet still looks fucked   
1646620164
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That doesn't look like dark mode or light mode, and doesn't look like anything that anyone else has posted. I would suggest: Trying in a private browsing window (in case this is an extension conflict) holding down shift when you reload to force a cache reload.
Had another session tonight - no issues with dark mode causing unintended side effects.  No players reported issues.  Hopefully these issues are resolved permanently. Once again suggesting that any updated/new features moved to the PROD server should be announced ahead of time and done on a specific day of the week to allow for users to plan around these problems. -Adam
1646647123
Tom
Pro
So glad everything is working for my PF II games so far, I'll find out about Starfinder this upcoming weekend. Good Job Roll20 on this so far I will say!! :) Tom
1646651745
Is Its a trap api still actively supported by a script author?  Its pretty much unuseable with Darkmode, and is the worst of them all for template formatting compatibility so far I've seen.  The snippet picture doesn't do it justice, its even harder to read in actual session.  
The Cthulhu Campaign I was about to enter was stuck in "Loading" Screen UNTIL I switched to Lightmode and Reloaded the Page... (I am Player) It is REALLY annyoing if a campaign fails to load just because darkmode is enabled...