Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dark Mode VTT Bug Thread

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Well that sucks. :( Wish I had better news for you. I still think it's a font metrics issue, but I have no way of running tests or constructing something like a Stylus solution without being able to reproduce it locally.
Mel P.
KS Backer
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
There is a slight problem with the default roll template when switching from light to dark mode. As long as you make the roll when dark mode is on, it looks fine. But if you switch between light mode and dark mode, the text colors do not update correctly. ### Default roll template &{template:default}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Cross posting from the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet feedback thread, because I don't know which teams is doing what, but this has been going on for about a month now. Any chance that this roll template can be fixed for dark mode? And these bits on the sheet itself: This is almost perfect. But those last few steps are needed.
It's been another week without any changes regarding dark mode! Is it still under development or do we have to live with it in this state?

Edited 1652114155
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Echoing that sentiment. It's been over a month now with no response or change. It would be nice to have an update, even if it's, "we are logging all of this and it will be addressed when updates on this sheet come around in rotation." Is this feature going to be one of the ones that remains unfinished?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here is another tweak to the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet that needs to be done. When set to "PB", the total number of uses on resources turns black:   Also, all gear icons highlight as black on the hover state. This turns them invisible. They are not folloing the same rule as every other hover button on the sheet, which turns red.
As long as it remains in this state, I am not going to use it. It is as simple as that... I really don't get why they released it without testing it completely at least for their own sheets (... by roll20)... AND I really don't get why they released it for VTT FIRST but not for the Page itself! (Or why they still have different layouts for marketplace and main site)... But that's a thing for another Thread...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I can understand the VTT first. It's a totally different technology; you can't apply one to the other. And far, far, far more people use the VTT than the forums. It may also have been a simple case of "it's easy to do on the VTT". You've seen the issues that come from pasting stylized text from other editors in VTT handouts. I can only imagine how difficult the forums would become to read. I've got fixes for some of the bigger issues in Stylus, but that's not a real solution.
AND another week gone by without any Update! Neither here nor in the DnD 5e thread regarding the official sheet by Roll20... xD Wow... just Wow... a half baked feature like this and it does not seem it gets developed any further...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To be fair, it's like 99% baked. There's very little that needs to be addressed anymore. I think I'll post my Stylus tweaks in a different thread. They should address the last few items, at least on the character sheet. I haven't done it to this point, because I had hoped that the issues would have been addressed by now. :/
According to their own goals set for this year, they will not develop it any further: Suggested and Delivered Dark Mode.   Dark Mode  has, for a long time, been our #1 top-voted suggestion with over a thousand votes. You’ve wanted it, and we’ve wanted it. You can see this now on the VTT and D&D 5e Character Sheet by Roll20, and Pro users can also check out the work happening to bring a dark theme to the rest of the site over on the  Dev server .
Buttons in Macro quick bar still stuck in dark mode after switching once (light -> dark) still different font and size (again, why?) ... How long does it take to fix those things?

Edited 1652947957
Hello, checking in for the same problem—visuals. Mine looks incredibly screwed up starting last week. My friends told me theirs looked alright, so I refreshed my browser(Opera GX), even my entire laptop, but nothing changed. :( This is what Light Mode looks like: More pain.
Crimson said: Hello, checking in for the same problem—visuals. Mine looks incredibly screwed up starting last week. My friends told me theirs looked alright, so I refreshed my browser(Opera GX), even my entire laptop, but nothing changed. :( This is what Light Mode looks like: More pain. Try switching to Light mode and then Refresh the Page. This should fix light mode. If you want to use Dark Mode, switch back and - again - refresh the page... And I fear that you will always have to do that, because css is not applied correctly...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't need to refresh the page to get it to switch properly. There are still a few rough edges for Dark Mode, but this one is not commonly reported. There are some other things you can try: 1) deleting cache and cookies. 2) Switching to a supported browser (Chrome or Firefox). I haven't tried Roll20 under Opera in a zillion years, so I'm not sure what pitfalls there might be.
TheMarkus1204 said: Try switching to Light mode and then Refresh the Page. This should fix light mode. If you want to use Dark Mode, switch back and - again - refresh the page... And I fear that you will always have to do that, because css is not applied correctly... Hmm... I have done that as well, along with other different variations and combinations of refreshing, changing modes, and even doing a cache clear and cookies. :( I shall attempt Keith's suggestion and use Chrome and see where that gets me; my only problem with Chrome is, since my laptop is an 8-year-old ancient, Chrome makes it lag terribly at times, ha ha... Many thanks for the suggestions, friends! Hopefully this can be fixed.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Crimson said: Hmm... I have done that as well, along with other different variations and combinations of refreshing, changing modes, and even doing a cache clear and cookies. :( I shall attempt Keith's suggestion and use Chrome and see where that gets me; my only problem with Chrome is, since my laptop is an 8-year-old ancient, Chrome makes it lag terribly at times, ha ha... Many thanks for the suggestions, friends! Hopefully this can be fixed. Whichever browser you try, make sure that you have the settings toggled on to use Hardware Acceleration (this is a per-browser setting). When it is off, Dynamic Lighting may lag terribly.
And ANOTHER WEEK is nearly over with absolutely NO UPDATE on this... GREAT... Instead, they are focussing their work on a touch based Layout (at least that is what the prototype symbols to me)... An UPDATE would be nice to have to see, IF there will be Updates to this in the future or if it stays that way... (It's a SHAME). They are not even able to implement THEIR OWN SHEET(S) correctly...
Daniel S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Similar to what's already mentioned. Have a custom roll template but unchanged from the default template for the yellow dice result. Background switches to dark purple, but text doesn't get inverted, so you have dark purple on black instead of on white or something. <a href="https://capture.dropbox.com/QUkQR7IhJ9OvTrVs" rel="nofollow">https://capture.dropbox.com/QUkQR7IhJ9OvTrVs</a> vs. this in light mode <a href="https://capture.dropbox.com/SHj2ocNLgE1PXF4y" rel="nofollow">https://capture.dropbox.com/SHj2ocNLgE1PXF4y</a>
Seriously Roll20, WILL THERE BE AN UPDATE TO THIS? Will dark mode be usable in the future? Cause right now it is not!

Edited 1654842170
One more odd thing to add to the pile. I use a macro from the tips and tricks thread for checks: /w gm &amp;{template:npcaction} &amp;{noerror} {{rname=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=@{selected|npc_type}}} {{description=[Strength&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_str" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline) [Dexterity&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_dex" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline) [Constitution&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_con" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline) [Intelligence&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_int" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline) [Wisdom&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_wis" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline) [Charisma&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_cha" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline)}} The past two sessions I've had a player who keeps doing the wrong types of checks every time she uses it which she finds a tad frustrating.&nbsp; It worked perfectly fine for me and did for her in the past.&nbsp; After some troubleshooting - I think it's because she switched to dark mode.&nbsp; In dark mode the cursor seems off.&nbsp; Clicking with the finger pointing at the red box below results in a wisdom check as expected with light mode, but it gives you a Charisma check in darkmode.&nbsp; We're using Edge/Chrome.
Sean G. said: One more odd thing to add to the pile. I use a macro from the tips and tricks thread for checks: /w gm &amp;{template:npcaction} &amp;{noerror} {{rname=@{selected|character_name}}} {{name=@{selected|npc_type}}} {{description=[Strength&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_str" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline) [Dexterity&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_dex" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline) [Constitution&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_con" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline) [Intelligence&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_int" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline) [Wisdom&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_wis" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline) [Charisma&nbsp;](~@{selected|character_name}|npc_cha" style="border:none;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,0&amp;rpar;;color:blue;font-weight:bold;display:none;display:inline)}} The past two sessions I've had a player who keeps doing the wrong types of checks every time she uses it which she finds a tad frustrating.&nbsp; It worked perfectly fine for me and did for her in the past.&nbsp; After some troubleshooting - I think it's because she switched to dark mode.&nbsp; In dark mode the cursor seems off.&nbsp; Clicking with the finger pointing at the red box below results in a wisdom check as expected with light mode, but it gives you a Charisma check in darkmode.&nbsp; We're using Edge/Chrome. Since Dark Mode uses other fonts and font sizes - instead of just inverting colors - this seems to be normal as everything is shifted...
Gold
Forum Champion
Has there been any Reply from Roll20 Team here since 3 months ago? Roll20 please assign someone to monitor &amp; answer this thread, and document any ongoing bugs &amp; schedule time to fix them. Let us know what's going on with this.
TheMarkus1204 said: .... Since Dark Mode uses other fonts and font sizes - instead of just inverting colors - this seems to be normal as everything is shifted... Expected perhaps.&nbsp; I'm not sure I'd go so far as normal.&nbsp; I've been clicking on things on the internet for 25 years.&nbsp; My aim isn't usually as consistently off as it seems to be here.
is there a way to stop getting the dark mode announcement when I log in?&nbsp; It's been months, no I wont use it no matter how much it nags me coz the thing barely works. And while at it, remove the button? It's literally placed at the least convenient location. I dont want to use it, I dont need a toggle cluttering things up.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Ghilz said: is there a way to stop getting the dark mode announcement when I log in?&nbsp; It's been months, no I wont use it no matter how much it nags me coz the thing barely works. And while at it, remove the button? It's literally placed at the least convenient location. I dont want to use it, I dont need a toggle cluttering things up. If you aren't allowing the website to remember you, then you will probably keep getting the announcement.&nbsp; I only get that after a browser update, or when logging in with private window.&nbsp; Otherwise, the dark mode switch is always in whatever position I left it when I was last in a game. If you read the first post in this thread, the position of the switch is addressed.&nbsp; For now, that is where it will stay.

Edited 1655085162
Ghilz said: is there a way to stop getting the dark mode announcement when I log in?&nbsp; It's been months, no I wont use it no matter how much it nags me coz the thing barely works. And while at it, remove the button? It's literally placed at the least convenient location. I dont want to use it, I dont need a toggle cluttering things up. I second this sentiment.&nbsp; We are advised to use private/incognito windows to insure that an extension isn't causing issues for Roll20.&nbsp; As such, the setting of dark mode being on/off should be an account option and not rely on a browser cookie / whatever else that is being lost when private/incognito mode is used. I would also suggest if the devs think the button being where it is now is helpful, add an option to hide the button in the settings section.&nbsp; I too have had too many issues with Dark Mode to rely on it - I'll wait until the devs have ironed out all of the kinks before I even consider adopting the feature. -Adam
Adam Caramon said: Ghilz said: is there a way to stop getting the dark mode announcement when I log in?&nbsp; It's been months, no I wont use it no matter how much it nags me coz the thing barely works. And while at it, remove the button? It's literally placed at the least convenient location. I dont want to use it, I dont need a toggle cluttering things up. I second this sentiment.&nbsp; We are advised to use private/incognito windows to insure that an extension isn't causing issues for Roll20.&nbsp; As such, the setting of dark mode being on/off should be an account option and not rely on a browser cookie / whatever else that is being lost when private/incognito mode is used. I would also suggest if the devs think the button being where it is now is helpful, add an option to hide the button in the settings section.&nbsp; I too have had too many issues with Dark Mode to rely on it - I'll wait until the devs have ironed out all of the kinks before I even consider adopting the feature. -Adam +1! They could hide it in the MISC Section in Settings which is otherwise (when in the campaign only as Player) empty! (But since the devs are not able to hide this group if it is empty I guess we have to live with the button being stuck there... ALTHOUGH I think there is a script for Stylus hiding it (keithcurtis mentioned something about it)
Gold
Forum Champion
I think it would fit under "Graphics" settings tab. Hopefully it will have an Advanced Shortcuts, Hotkey combination, if the setting is tucked away.&nbsp;
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Adam Caramon said: We are advised to use private/incognito windows to insure that an extension isn't causing issues for Roll20. -Adam That is advice for troubleshooting, not for every day usage. I use extensions that can certainly affect Roll20 (NoScript being the primary one).&nbsp; I simply adjust settings for it until Roll20 works and then keep on with the normal browser.&nbsp; I only use a private window when I already have a game open in a regular window and want to access a second game at the same time for some reason.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Woot! It looks like this has not yet been announced (probably waiting for the Friday thread), but many of the final dark mode issues have been addressed. The attack template for NPCs, multiple hit die type interface, rest buttons, and most (but not all) of the gear icons are now displaying properly. These were the big stumbling blocks (particularly the roll template) for me adopting Dark Mode. Thanks devs. I have a feeling this was an 80/20 problem, having seen some of the code the sheet uses (80% easy, 20% difficult). Looking good!
Kraynic said: Ghilz said: is there a way to stop getting the dark mode announcement when I log in?&nbsp; It's been months, no I wont use it no matter how much it nags me coz the thing barely works. And while at it, remove the button? It's literally placed at the least convenient location. I dont want to use it, I dont need a toggle cluttering things up. If you aren't allowing the website to remember you, then you will probably keep getting the announcement.&nbsp; I only get that after a browser update, or when logging in with private window.&nbsp; Otherwise, the dark mode switch is always in whatever position I left it when I was last in a game. If you read the first post in this thread, the position of the switch is addressed.&nbsp; For now, that is where it will stay. Except i am allowing the website to remember me.&nbsp; Heck this will happen if I am logged into the website in a game and just open a new tab in a different game it'll STILL give me the pop up that Dark mode is out. or leave the game and rejoin without logging out. And I did read the reason the button is here, but frankly "Hey we implemented Dark mode. we know it doesn't work properly so we put a big honking button in the middle of the way coz we realize it's so poorly implemented people who use it will need to go in and out of it constantly and we might as well inconvenience those who wont use it while at it" isn't the winning justification Roll20 thinks it is.&nbsp;
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Ghilz said: Except i am allowing the website to remember me.&nbsp; Heck this will happen if I am logged into the website in a game and just open a new tab in a different game it'll STILL give me the pop up that Dark mode is out. or leave the game and rejoin without logging out. And I did read the reason the button is here, but frankly "Hey we implemented Dark mode. we know it doesn't work properly so we put a big honking button in the middle of the way coz we realize it's so poorly implemented people who use it will need to go in and out of it constantly and we might as well inconvenience those who wont use it while at it" isn't the winning justification Roll20 thinks it is.&nbsp; Well, I don't have a problem with the website/vtt remembering me on either chrome or firefox using either a windows or linux OS.&nbsp; While this doesn't absolutely mean that the issue is a setting on your browser, browser addons, or security settings, it certainly points to it being a good possibility. You also need to realize that most of the sheets and roll templates (just number wise) are not sheets created or maintained by Roll20.&nbsp; Yes, they should definitely make their own sheets work well with darkmode on or off.&nbsp; However, there are hundreds of community sheets with differing levels of support by the sheet author or community that use them.&nbsp; They are still quite justified in having the switch extremely obvious.

Edited 1655456183
keithcurtis said: Woot! It looks like this has not yet been announced (probably waiting for the Friday thread), but many of the final dark mode issues have been addressed. The attack template for NPCs, multiple hit die type interface, rest buttons, and most (but not all) of the gear icons are now displaying properly. These were the big stumbling blocks (particularly the roll template) for me adopting Dark Mode. Thanks devs. I have a feeling this was an 80/20 problem, having seen some of the code the sheet uses (80% easy, 20% difficult). Looking good! If they solved those issues, why don't they mention it in the changelog or somewhere else? It would be much better for us all to read this, so that we all can see the devs are not only able to fix those issues, but also don't see this feature as done and further improve it! EDIT: Sheet borders etc. took some time to load! First was only Text! Also THIS is still broken: And ANOTHER Edit: Macro bar Buttons stay in Dark mode once switched! (They do NOT switch back to Light mode)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
They have been moving toward Friday announcements. It might be mentioned some time today. It's also possible (though not as likely) they would like to see some live feedback from attentive users before making an announcement. But yeah, regardless, it should be in the changelog. To address your specific observations: 1) Did the borders continue to take extra time to render on subsequent sheets? It could be just re-caching data. Mine rendered text first, borders second the first time I opened a sheet in a session. Borders were maybe half a second after text. Subsequent sheets seemed simultaneous. 2) Tool proficiencies header. Good catch. Hopefully this will be corrected in the future. Until then, it's pretty minor. 3) Macro bar: I can't duplicate. Mine switch back and forth consistently. Have you manually changed the color of any of the buttons? That will override dark mode settings.
keithcurtis said: They have been moving toward Friday announcements. It might be mentioned some time today. It's also possible (though not as likely) they would like to see some live feedback from attentive users before making an announcement. But yeah, regardless, it should be in the changelog. To address your specific observations: 1) Did the borders continue to take extra time to render on subsequent sheets? It could be just re-caching data. Mine rendered text first, borders second the first time I opened a sheet in a session. Borders were maybe half a second after text. Subsequent sheets seemed simultaneous. 2) Tool proficiencies header. Good catch. Hopefully this will be corrected in the future. Until then, it's pretty minor. 3) Macro bar: I can't duplicate. Mine switch back and forth consistently. Have you manually changed the color of any of the buttons? That will override dark mode settings. As for the 3rd point: started in light mode and switched to dark mode just to test recent changes. Buttons switched as expected from light to dark mode. But as I switched back the buttons stayed purple with white color. The only thing changed was size and font...

Edited 1655647456
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
TheMarkus1204 said: As for the 3rd point: started in light mode and switched to dark mode just to test recent changes. Buttons switched as expected from light to dark mode. But as I switched back the buttons stayed purple with white color. The only thing changed was size and font... I don't generally use the quick macro bar, but I decided to give a quick test to this.&nbsp; My results were kind of odd. I started with dark mode turned off, and added one of my collection macros to the bar.&nbsp; That generated a white button with black text. I turned on dark mode, and it remained a white button with black text, with a slight change in font size. I switch back and forth a few times to see if there would be any change with multiple repeats, and there was no change. All this time, there was a token on the map, but it wasn't selected.&nbsp; I wasn't sure if the token action buttons were still changing as they should or if that was broken as well, so with dark mode on I selected the token.&nbsp; As soon as I selected the token, which displayed the token action button in the normal dark mode purple background, the macro bar button changed colors to the purple background. On further multiple interactions with the dark mode switch, the token action buttons changed colors, but the macro bar button was stuck in dark mode other than the font size change. I tried deselecting the token and then selecting it again while dark mode was turned off, but that didn't cause the macro bar to go back to the white background. Definitely odd. Edit:&nbsp; Removing that macro from the quick bar and then adding it again from the collections menu while dark mode is turned off caused the button to return to a white background and black text.
The dark mode button has always overlapped my toolbar and whilst I've seen a fair view comments asking for it to be moved to settings not the front page, all show the button hovering beneath the toolbar. Not so for me which is really irritating. I'd be happy if it was at the bottom or a corner but instead it sits over and obscures the turn order button. Not helpful!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
What is that last tool in the bar? I do not see it on my setup:
Looks like it is from the Touch20 extension. Someone posted a similar problem a ways back. Disabling the extension made the problem go away.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks! I knew it seemed naggingly familiar. I guess Touch20 makes the buttons bigger and more accessible?
OK, thanks for that - disabling Touch 20 does remedy the symptom but the bug remains I guess. Sorry didn't see the previous raising of the issue. The last button is a mx screen button - suppresses the browser menus, etc. Yeah, T20 increases the size of the toolbar and buttons, suitable for big clumsy fingers I guess :) A solution that didn't require disabling of options would be nice.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Zippee (DM) said: A solution that didn't require disabling of options would be nice. Talk to the Touch20 folks to make a change for the darkmode switch.

Edited 1656010193
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you don't mind using the Stylus browser extension , this quick and dirty style will move the switch to the upper right corner of the screen. It's not pretty, but it works. I can come up with a simpler solution, but this was code I had lying around. Edit: Much simpler style. Install the Stylus extension and adjust the 450px value to what works for you. The top one controls the gm view, the bottom the player view. This will only affect the view on browsers where the extension and style are installed (i.e. just your browser). .dark-mode-switch.gmstyle { &nbsp; &nbsp; top: 450px; } .dark-mode-switch { &nbsp; &nbsp; top: 450px; }
Thanks for that

Edited 1656228862
Or you could use this for Stylus, which hides the dark mode button .dark-mode-switch { display: none !important; } Just don't forget that you have it and spend an age wondering where on earth it is and waste your time searching fruitlessly through Roll20 settings to find it.&nbsp; Never done that, nope, not me. Shake not thy gory locks at me...

Edited 1656605456
Zym
Sheet Author
ello, I have not used roll20 for more than a year and I really like this feature. Playing for any extended time on a computer or electrical device can cause issues and especially when a lot of play just before sleeping. +1 However, sorry, I've turned on automatically roll damage and crits and the output of the attack changes format. Hence I cannot see the die rolls without switching back to light mode :-( The NPC sheet is the problem , being used is from ToA, and a player character sheet does not have the same issue . Perhaps its myself. These are the APIS I have enabled: G 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion G TurnMarker1 G TokenNameNumber G GroupInitiative G libTokenMarkers G Torch G 5E Resting in Style G TokenMod
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The proficiency bonus attribute is also not pulling correctly from the translation JSON. These are character sheet issues, but the former intersects with dark mode issues. Sigh... This was just finally fixed a couple of weeks ago.

Edited 1656606014
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Woot! It looks like this has not yet been announced (probably waiting for the Friday thread), but many of the final dark mode issues have been addressed. The attack template for NPCs, multiple hit die type interface, rest buttons, and most (but not all) of the gear icons are now displaying properly. These were the big stumbling blocks (particularly the roll template) for me adopting Dark Mode. Thanks devs. I have a feeling this was an 80/20 problem, having seen some of the code the sheet uses (80% easy, 20% difficult). Looking good! All of these seem to have been rolled back.