Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account

Page Folders Have Arrived!

Thank you for that Riley. Another Suggestion on this: Remove the "My Pages" headline of that section and either put the search bar there or the buttons... Why would one need this headline if it is clear that those are OUR Maps as we uploaded them or by using a module just using them? Riley D. said: Hey everyone! We just pushed another small update here based on your feedback that cleans up the layout of the interface a bit. You should now see that the Add Page and Add Folder buttons are next to the search bar, and that they will collapse into smaller icon-only buttons when you have a more narrow screen size during play. This should provide some additional space for your to work with your pages and folders on smaller screens. Thank you!
Hi, I love that we have folders now. How do I get my viewing page of my maps to be larger than 1 row of thumbnails at a time? Viewing it like this makes things more difficult than helpful, but I can't find a way to change the viewing window (unless I'm missing something, more than happy to be wrong here).  Thanks!
1699415527
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Ian! Can you give more detail on your setup? Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing in Chrome, on a Chromebook. I get two full rows on 1080p.
Such a simple change and yet it will improve my games so much. Great job guys
Had my first party split last night with one character at a time moving to a new map. The party system combined with the folders are great once you acclimate!…
Have the same issue, resolution 1920x1080 (max available) on a Acer Nitro 5 laptop, Windows 10 and firefox.  Let me know if you need anything else. keithcurtis said: Hi Ian! Can you give more detail on your setup? Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing in Chrome, on a Chromebook. I get two full rows on 1080p.
Nice. I am going to test it out this evening.
This is my pages menu at 1920 x 1080 on a 24" screen. Have you checked that your browser zoom is set to default? Feyte said: Have the same issue, resolution 1920x1080 (max available) on a Acer Nitro 5 laptop, Windows 10 and firefox.  Let me know if you need anything else. keithcurtis said: Hi Ian! Can you give more detail on your setup? Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing in Chrome, on a Chromebook. I get two full rows on 1080p.
Finally! Thank you, I often have a ton of pages prepared for multiple directions of play, this is going to help simplify it.
Great new feature! And just in time for my in-campaign one-shot. I run one-shots when two or more players are absent and last weekend went so dang well because of this new feature. All I have to do is open the folder for the one-shot and voila! All its pages are right there! No more searching the archive!
Holy crap! This is finally in the game! Excellent!
My zoom doesn't have a default, but it was at 100%.  If I decrease that to say 80% I can see two rows, will give it a shot with the smaller sizing and see how it goes. Rick A. said: This is my pages menu at 1920 x 1080 on a 24" screen. Have you checked that your browser zoom is set to default? Feyte said: Have the same issue, resolution 1920x1080 (max available) on a Acer Nitro 5 laptop, Windows 10 and firefox.  Let me know if you need anything else. keithcurtis said: Hi Ian! Can you give more detail on your setup? Here is a screen shot of what I am seeing in Chrome, on a Chromebook. I get two full rows on 1080p.
Likely what is happening is your system-level Display Scaling setting is set to something higher than 100%&nbsp; <a href="https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-custom-display-scaling-setting-windows-10" rel="nofollow">https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-custom-display-scaling-setting-windows-10</a> We are working through some solutions to help address this on our end, but basically that is what we've seen/heard from folks who have the same "monitor resolution" but are seeing differences in the scaling of UI elements. Zooming back _out_ in Chrome itself is basically counter-acting that display scaling which is why it's allowing you to have smaller icons/more rows at once.
I can't seem to get folder names to save. Pressing enter or the checkmark doesn't do anything, and when I move up or down in the director or close/open the dropdown for folders, the names revert to New Folder (x).
Thank you!
1699686905
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
CADaniels said: I can't seem to get folder names to save. Pressing enter or the checkmark doesn't do anything, and when I move up or down in the director or close/open the dropdown for folders, the names revert to New Folder (x). Hi CADaniels! Are you using a browser other than Chrome or Firefox? Are you on a tablet of some kind? Those are the first things that would spring to my mind.
Hi, I had the new UI and Page Folders, all working fine. But I had to resinstall Chrome, and now I am back to the old UI, and have lost all my page folders. I can't find the option to turn them back on - to opt in to the redesign. The blog said it was under 'settings', but the only area with that name is the settings for each game, and there is no option to opt in to the redesign there. Any ideas anybody?
Saiya, you can find the option to enable the UI Redesign in the "My Settings" tab of the Sidebar. Here is how you find it: Launch your game. Locate the Sidebar &nbsp;to the right of the Tabletop. Click the My Settings tab (the "gear" icon) in the Sidebar. Open the Personalization &amp; Display section of the My Settings tab by clicking the "disclosure triangle" next to it. Turn on the "UI Redesign" toggle.
Other way to do this is to have a look at the ingame chat... you should see a prompt there "Try the new UI" with a button. Just click on that and your game will reload with the new UI...
Thanks so much for this new feature!!! It is such a great help for keeping my maps/pages in order and makes finding what I am searching for much easier. I have a campaign running for longer than 2 years - the history is quite large and I already have a lot prepared for the next sessions. It is very convenient to be able to generate folders for regions and separate future, current and past events or maps. Thumbs up!!!&nbsp; &nbsp;
Yes! This is the feature I have wanted for so long! Thank you for putting this together. I have a lot to sort through, but this will make game pace so much faster! And less frustrating. This is what you needed. I have many ideas, but THIS is what you needed. Now just need faster processing speed, and Roll20 will be 5/5*****
So, since this was implemented, Roll20 has become unusable to me due to lag issues. I have posted a separate ticket about it containing the console log details when opening a game page (<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11692350/massive-lag-on-all-game-pages/?pageforid=11692350#post-11692350" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11692350/massive-lag-on-all-game-pages/?pageforid=11692350#post-11692350</a>). But, because it has only started to happen since this update, I was told to post here as well.
Folders in Marketplace items please
1700066668
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
The GateKeeper said: Folders in Marketplace items please You can add your vote to that suggestion here ==&gt;&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11686778/folders-to-organize-marketplace-purchases#post-11691660" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11686778/folders-to-organize-marketplace-purchases#post-11691660</a>
Hey folks, We've got a couple of new changes for this out the door today. In particular, we're introducing the new Tree View along the left-hand side of the Folders interface. This allows you to quickly navigate more complex setups where you have multiple folders and nested sub-folders. In addition, it should now be more clear that you can just drag and drop a page onto a folder in the tree view to move it between folders quickly. You can also expand or collapse the tree view to give yourself more room to work with if needed. In addition to that, we've put some work in on the max height of the folder menu, and folks who have their browser zoomed in or a system-level display scaling setting in effect (where the icons of the pages/folders themselves are larger), should now see a larger menu area as well to compensate so you can hopefully see more than one row of pages at a time. Thanks for your continued feedback on this, we appreciate it!
Tree view is very nice (terrible name since it has nothing to do with the appearance of a tree, although I get the underlying programming reference to the tree structure of a folder hierarchy; the normal name for this kind of display is something like "List view", although yours is sort of a hybrid list/folder view). Naming peculiarities aside, this will make switching between folders much easier, something I was wishing for when I ran a game with maps in two folders this weekend.
1700528482
Gold
Forum Champion
Love the Page Folders, and the new tree view interface.&nbsp; This is just excellent development and an outstanding, useful, practical feature set. Thanks again, and Happy Foldering to all adventurers at this season.&nbsp;
NOW it would be nice to have the option to use different colors for Folders OR have them display an image instead of the number of maps inside them (OR display both the number of Maps inside AND an Image)... Gold said: Love the Page Folders, and the new tree view interface.&nbsp; This is just excellent development and an outstanding, useful, practical feature set. Thanks again, and Happy Foldering to all adventurers at this season.&nbsp;
1700650115
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Ken S. said: Tree view is very nice (terrible name since it has nothing to do with the appearance of a tree, although I get the underlying programming reference to the tree structure of a folder hierarchy; the normal name for this kind of display is something like "List view", although yours is sort of a hybrid list/folder view). Naming peculiarities aside, this will make switching between folders much easier, something I was wishing for when I ran a game with maps in two folders this weekend. Have to disagree, this is a tree view. A list view is tabular, in that columns are established for item details - this is a tree hierarchy in that it depicts the relationships and the nested structure. It is properly called a tree view.&nbsp;
1700673036

Edited 1700673173
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@Pat Agree on c:\&gt;tree (and I might be dating my self...)
Hello "C prompt" my old friend. :)&nbsp; I kinda miss A and B drives: RIP vÍnce said: @Pat Agree on c:\&gt;tree (and I might be dating my self...)
How do I move the ribbon from outside a folder to a map inside the folder?
1700704831
Gold
Forum Champion
Doctor Atomic said: How do I move the ribbon from outside a folder to a map inside the folder? Open the Folder (exposing the maps that are inside it) and then drag the RIBBON from the top bar (top-right of Pages dropdown) onto the Map you want.
Great stuff, love the design!
Also not gonna lie the new update is wonderful, this is gonna make looking for maps easier
The new update is just great.&nbsp;But. Please make a separate tab for notes, like in Foundry. This will make it much more convenient.
CADaniels said: I can't seem to get folder names to save. Pressing enter or the checkmark doesn't do anything, and when I move up or down in the director or close/open the dropdown for folders, the names revert to New Folder (x). I've also had this issue, but intermittently.&nbsp; Name change within the folder didn't seem to work, but changing the name on the tree/sidebar did work.&nbsp; Or was it the other way around?&nbsp; Honestly, I don't remember.
When I delete a map within the new pages, the blank page (and its image within a folder) does not go away. Just the contents on the page.
1701182945
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi John! That is the expected behavior. If you were going to replace a map with an updated copy, you wouldn't want the page to disappear after you delete the outdated graphic. To delete a page, use the three dot popup menu and choose delete. Make sure you are on a different page when you do so. You don't want to torpedo your own ship. :)
You cannot delete the map you are on at the moment... at least, if they have not changed it... ^^ Context Menu would be nice though. A menu hat has those three options (duplicate, archive, delete) and maybe options to move Players to the selected map (1 Player / multiple players / all players)... keithcurtis said: Hi John! That is the expected behavior. If you were going to replace a map with an updated copy, you wouldn't want the page to disappear after you delete the outdated graphic. To delete a page, use the three dot popup menu and choose delete. Make sure you are on a different page when you do so. You don't want to torpedo your own ship. :)
1701187720

Edited 1701188333
John S. said: When I delete a map within the new pages, the blank page (and its image within a folder) does not go away. Just the contents on the page. I see the same thing (macOS, clean Firefox install) Repro: Create new campaign (in my case 5e). Make sure you are using the new Roll20 UI. Add a page. Delete the new page (hover over it in My Pages, click gear, click "Delete Page") It's still there. &nbsp; Sometimes a refresh makes it go away, sometimes it just stays there and hovering over it does not cause the gear or dots to appear.
Looks good so far! Thank you for the changes.&nbsp;
Jim R. said: John S. said: When I delete a map within the new pages, the blank page (and its image within a folder) does not go away. Just the contents on the page. I see the same thing (macOS, clean Firefox install) Repro: Create new campaign (in my case 5e). Make sure you are using the new Roll20 UI. Add a page. Delete the new page (hover over it in My Pages, click gear, click "Delete Page") It's still there. &nbsp; Sometimes a refresh makes it go away, sometimes it just stays there and hovering over it does not cause the gear or dots to appear. Thanks! We've got this tracked and are working on a fix now.&nbsp;
I'm loving the new Page Folders and Party Toolbox features in Roll20! It's about time they tackled the organization issue. The ability to drag and drop players into sub-groups is a game-changer for me, especially when dealing with larger parties. &nbsp;