Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transmogrifier allow copying of folders

Score + 517
+1. I recently wrote about the transmogrifier in the pro-forum. In short: Yes, please!
And would be a first step to provide a feature close to "custom compendiums". E.g. I created a bunch of handouts for spell lists, rules, character status, etc. and pushing them to a new campaign is a PAIN. Folder sync !! YES PLEASE :)
+1 for folder structure to be copied over too.
Bump. Is this even possible? IS it being worked on? Etc. 
Also bump. It's moderately helpful in its current form. If you could copy folder structure it would be incredible.
BUMP
Bump
It's 2020. Is this supported yet?
Beccasaurus said: It's 2020. Is this supported yet? Right? lol
+1 on this, Being able to move things in bulk would be tremendously useful
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You need mass management when dealing with a large number of objects.  Copying folders and contents, searching would help greatly.  One by one when you have hundreds or thousands of objects and you don't want to do a complete copy of a game is painful.  Honestly something similar is needed with Audio Manager.  It's a beast to when trying to manage a thousand tracks.  No mass management.  
+1 Would really be great
Victor B. said: You need mass management when dealing with a large number of objects.  Copying folders and contents, searching would help greatly.  One by one when you have hundreds or thousands of objects and you don't want to do a complete copy of a game is painful.  Honestly something similar is needed with Audio Manager.  It's a beast to when trying to manage a thousand tracks.  No mass management.   Yeah Exactly. I found a work around in the meantime of screenshotting contents of folders for later but this is till alot of extra work when would be easier to be able to transfer a folder than try to remember what one thing was named or another. 
FIX THIS SHIT.  I'm paying $100 for me to drag and drop on a Pro account?  I should be able to load it with a click of a button on the settings tab, not use some crap transmogrify feature.
+1
GMDavid said: FIX THIS SHIT.  I'm paying $100 for me to drag and drop on a Pro account?  I should be able to load it with a click of a button on the settings tab, not use some crap transmogrify feature. So angry! lol. But i can't help but agree. 
+1 wound be pretty useful 
+1 bump
+1 bump. It's ridiculous that it has not been looked at or even responded to.
+1 Have a lot of handouts created, additionally several houserule documents which I would love to move collectively together with the folder/subfolder structure these docs are embedded within, to new games using the transmogrifier.
+1 This would be really helpful
Alessandro said: +1 Have a lot of handouts created, additionally several houserule documents which I would love to move collectively together with the folder/subfolder structure these docs are embedded within, to new games using the transmogrifier. Yeah real problems for myself as well. 
+1 This would be a really great feature to add.  I find myself moving a LOT of files between campaigns.
+1
+1 I'm kind of confused as to how after 4 years this is still not a thing.
Dee Are said: +1 I'm kind of confused as to how after 4 years this is still not a thing. You'd think this wouldn't be too hard? But than Again i don't know ALOT about the process. :/ 
+1 so much!  It's currently a mess and takes hours to re-sort things.
+1 It would be a huge add to be able to copy by folder. Not having to go item by item. Not having to resort into a folder after the transfer. Just maintain the folder structure and copy it all over at once.
Please please please please Devs? :'( 
Please yes.
+1
+1
What's weird is when i try to look for this topic by searching for it in the forums i can't find it 0_o it has the " What Do You Think?" status. What even is that? It's not listed as one of the options lol. 
It would be great to hear from the roll20 team what they think about this feature just so that we know what to expect.
Max said: It would be great to hear from the roll20 team what they think about this feature just so that we know what to expect. For real. 
+1 this..
+1
+1 I would upgrade to Pro for this feature...
Can someone bug a dev? I feel like we have enough people that want some info on this :/ 
Guess that's now worth a question for the next Roundtable. Done ;)
+1 PLEASE, GODS OF THE INTERNET I just upgraded my account to use the transmog for this....only to discover this problem. What a really, really, dumb shortcoming. 
+1 This would be great!
Curtis B. said: +1 PLEASE, GODS OF THE INTERNET I just upgraded my account to use the transmog for this....only to discover this problem. What a really, really, dumb shortcoming.  Yeah I feel the same. I really hope they update it so can transfer folders soon. 
Almost to 200 Upvotes~ keep it going guys ^__^ 
Woot! We're at 200 upvotes! : D
This is certainly a must...
We got a little bit of a comment from Kenton at the last Community Roundtable. ( YouTube Link ) Q: What's the update on copying folders with the Transmogrifier? A: No date yet. We know it's a thing we wanna do, we are working on speeding up so we can get to all these necessary features.
+1 for sure

Edited 1596010922
Max said: We got a little bit of a comment from Kenton at the last Community Roundtable. ( YouTube Link ) Q: What's the update on copying folders with the Transmogrifier? A: No date yet. We know it's a thing we wanna do, we are working on speeding up so we can get to all these necessary features. Awesome! Thanks for the info (and for asking the question!) ^^ I'm glad they're at least thinking about it.