Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transmogrifier allow copying of folders

Score + 517
Sarah R. Cohen said: As a first step, I would support being able to view the folder structure of the source game when bringing over individual items--just that change would greatly improve the utility of the Transmogrifier. I foolheartedly agree ^___^  Just anything really instead of just ignoring this completely it would seem. 
Cmon need dat  Roll20 Response 
Cmon Roll20. Respond. You wont :P 
This would be such a time saver!
+1 Being able to copy folders would make it easier to identify which folder something was from, so I know I'm copying over the right item when there's multiple with similar names. It would also speed things up when copying over music playlists or multiple items at once that are from the same folder.
Emily W. said: +1 Being able to copy folders would make it easier to identify which folder something was from, so I know I'm copying over the right item when there's multiple with similar names. It would also speed things up when copying over music playlists or multiple items at once that are from the same folder. My point exactly!  I lit have to open multiple games to figure out what's where most of the time. -__-
Alot of Nice updates and stuffs Roll20. So when you gana remember we all exist? : D
Yes +1
+1
+1, how is this a 6 year old request. Was super bummed to try it out for the first time only to see a single giant, alphabetical list of every npc, monster, and pc. Basically the main thing I was excited to use transmogrifier for is not practical.
it is incredible, that Roll20 tries to come closer to an automatic computer came, but instead, I just want, that I can use it to do Roleplaying Game. That means, managing large campaigne, beeing able to fast use the information I have provided elsewhere and get much better organizing tools for my infos, as well as getting the option to empower my players even better. Folder Transmocrify belongs to a Must have topic. I will look some month more, but if this do not work here, I will quit my Pro account, which I am paying since 6 years. 
+1.  This would be extremely helpful when I move items from one adventure to another.  I have a lot of handouts, and it would be nice to be able to copy these all at once into a new or different game. Being able to use the transmogrifier  to copy whole folder structures would be extremely helpful, and would save immense amounts of time copying one item at a time from one game to another.
Tanis said: it is incredible, that Roll20 tries to come closer to an automatic computer came, but instead, I just want, that I can use it to do Roleplaying Game. That means, managing large campaigne, beeing able to fast use the information I have provided elsewhere and get much better organizing tools for my infos, as well as getting the option to empower my players even better. Folder Transmocrify belongs to a Must have topic. I will look some month more, but if this do not work here, I will quit my Pro account, which I am paying since 6 years.  Transmog is the whole reason i got the prob account. Wish they'd at least give up some feedback rather than ignore it. 
The community still needs this simple thing. 
+1
Adding my voice to the crowd, I just upgraded to pro for this very feature and immediately downgraded upon finding out I couldn't do whole folders.
+1
I had no clue the Transmogrifier wouldn't copy folders AND their contents before upgrading to Pro. What a headache trying to copy all these notes one at a time, T-T
Critical Tavern
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
+1
Michael said: I had no clue the Transmogrifier wouldn't copy folders AND their contents before upgrading to Pro. What a headache trying to copy all these notes one at a time, T-T Sorry my friend :'( i feel your pain
Still waiting for this =)
+1
+1
Still waiting on a Dev to weigh in on this.
This needs to be added, for dms who use alot of resources and require the moving of them, forcing people to move then one by one, instead of the entire folder is honestly a dick move. Get on it roll20 improvements have to be made at some point or you're going to lose the players you have left
DM Anubis
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1
I'd add another voice to the cacophony calling for this, but it's in the same galaxy as having a customizable compendium so R20 devs will never allow it.
Gold
Forum Champion
Yes please Letting the paying PRO users get full use of Transmogrify ability really requires this feature to be added. Let the Folders system be able to Transmog such as showing your Sub-Folders of Journals, within the Transmog windows, and allow a "whole" folder to be dragged-dropped from game to game there, while retaining the Folder structure This is mainly for Characters and Handouts under the Journals Tab, for PRO users  +1
Definitely needed.  At the very least, ability to navigate the directory structure in Transmogrifier. +1
+1 This is needed.
+1 to this. i run multiple games and transfering hundreds of tokens, audio n maps is exhausting.
+1 6-year old idea, but it still lives and breathes to this day. I just signed up for Pro, and I'm feeling the pain.
Charles said: +1 6-year old idea, but it still lives and breathes to this day. I just signed up for Pro, and I'm feeling the pain. Welcome to pro my bud. Yeah it's nice to be able to move resources. But as everyone explains without the folder layout or even pictures the hundreds of sheets we tend to make are hard to remember by name alone most times. >>; I have folders and mark them for a reason.
Please roll20 give us something~  Your pro members are suffering :'(
Still need this. Still a pain without.
bump
Guys send them tickets. the more that DMs ask, the more they will listen :)
Nova said: Guys send them tickets. the more that DMs ask, the more they will listen :) Tickets?
Door and shadows and all the things I don't care about >>; The game barely runs right now for alot of people...  Be nice to get an update that just does some small ease of use updates, such as this. 
+1
6 more years and maybe we would get a respond.
Novercalis said: 6 more years and maybe we would get a respond. lol just maybe. We keep getting some responses in the Q and A things they do. They usually state that it's something they do plan on updating at some point but it's not a priority atm. It's strange because it would be so simple to just do some quality of life updates with it. But it seems their team is more busy putting out more shiny stuffs rather than just polishing what they already have and making it more solid. Still begs the question why they wont respond on here officially.  :/ Maybe it gives them an out if they never actually respond.
+1
Still need. Must have. Please roll20 ^^
Hello, Thank you all for the feedback! As a result, we've prioritized and are currently working on giving you all the ability to copy entire folders over to new games. I hope this will save a lot of time for you all (I know Mr. NumNums will be happy). As we are working on this, we might reach out to get some feedback. When we're done, we'll make sure you all know. Thanks again for helping us make Roll20 better!
any rough estimate? ~3 months, 6 months? or EoY?
Andrew Searles said: Hello, Thank you all for the feedback! As a result, we've prioritized and are currently working on giving you all the ability to copy entire folders over to new games. I hope this will save a lot of time for you all (I know Mr. NumNums will be happy). As we are working on this, we might reach out to get some feedback. When we're done, we'll make sure you all know. Thanks again for helping us make Roll20 better! I'm so happy! ^__^ Thanks Guys I'm beyond words right now. I can't wait!
+1 .... What everyone else has said, but in my voice.
+1... please...