Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transmogrifier allow copying of folders

Score + 517
Either the ability to copy folders at a time, or allow each person to have a Personal Compendium for each game system they want to run (like a 5e Personal Compendium, a Shadowrun 6e Personal Compendium, etc), and then allow the DM to attach a single Personal Compendium and a single System Compendium to their campaign.
Adam K. said: Either the ability to copy folders at a time, or allow each person to have a Personal Compendium for each game system they want to run (like a 5e Personal Compendium, a Shadowrun 6e Personal Compendium, etc), and then allow the DM to attach a single Personal Compendium and a single System Compendium to their campaign. That's a pretty cool idea!   
+1. I would greatly like this. Will save days of prep work. 
Three hundred and forty-seventhed. Definitely a time-saver.
You know what you need? 1 more vote.. +1, I am sure they'll do it now.
Can we get a mod to weigh in on this yet please? I see all the other topics have one or two do so. I'd like to get some feedback on this. 

Edited 1643113169
This seems like a good band-aid that alot of paying members want. Since Roll20 Loadsall sheets and larger games lag due to this.  Unless there's some other method I don't know of being able to move folders around would save alot of time and effort. Or at least be able to see folders and other such things when using transmod. So you know where you're navigating too and from. It doesn't even have pictures of what you're moving so you have to have perfect memory otherwise. 
Can we get folders for the map section now? lol
DM Leibfrid said: Can we get folders for the map section now? lol +1 This
Mojo said: DM Leibfrid said: Can we get folders for the map section now? lol +1 This Yes please!
DM Leibfrid said: Can we get folders for the map section now? lol +1
Folders in Map Selection would be really great! (And thus copying folders via Transmogrifier easily into other games / campaigns!) +1
I am at the stage where my campaign is growing quite large so this would be appreciated. 
Alex G. said: I am at the stage where my campaign is growing quite large so this would be appreciated.  Sadly i'm well past this point :'( I think most of the pro members are. We usually grab pro for bigger space alone meaning more sheets. This would honestly help alot. 
350+ pro members want this still. 
Seems that being able to shift large amounts of assets at once could be problematic.  But could we at least get a folder view while doing this so we can move things one at a time at ease? Would save alot of time but not break anything i'd think. 
Being able to move folders in the transmorgifier would save me from so much wasted time moving items individually. Please add this feature.
+1 For this. I just spent 3 evenings uploading and organising tokens. Is there a way to upload into folders?
+1 to this request that apparently started 5 years ago, and would be a massive game changer in campaign management.
+1, though after six years I think we're shouting into the void
Let use see folders at least :'( different view options would be massive. 
+1 holy cow yes. guys at r20. pleeeease set this up. you guys are growing leaps and bounds please add more management options. 
xristi e. said: +1 holy cow yes. guys at r20. pleeeease set this up. you guys are growing leaps and bounds please add more management options.  I couldn't agree more. That would be amazing ^^
+1
people have been asking for this for 6 years now?.....
its so easy to spend hundreds of dollars on this site. a little love from the devs would go a long way to ensuring people like me spend a lot more..
+1
Liking the improvements so far. Now if they can just give us some organize options for Transmogrifier 
Me and the rest of the Community waiting for a response. And hopefully for it to happen. 
+1
<a href="https://blog.roll20.net/posts/tactfully-tackling-the-top-ten-list/" rel="nofollow">https://blog.roll20.net/posts/tactfully-tackling-the-top-ten-list/</a> &nbsp; Dang guys I don't think we were mentioned :'(&nbsp;
6 years later.. Did we get it yet?
well they said they were working on the "Top 15" and we are tech one of the top 15. So we'll see...&nbsp;
+1... I just activated my free Pro Trial (already cancelled) and on top of my VISA being perma-stuck on the Roll20 website (opened a ticket asking help to remove it), it took me over two hours to Transmogrify "Lost Mine of Phandelver" to my campaign. I'm not even done, cuz now I have to re-arrange everything properly. In all honesty, I never expected a feature that costs over 13$CAD monthly would turn out being sooo useless -.- Please consider making it so people can Transmogrify a whole "Module" in one go, or a least whole folders at a time cuz this is ridiculous.
Def need to make it more friendly to move things around.&nbsp; Neo said: +1... I just activated my free Pro Trial (already cancelled) and on top of my VISA being perma-stuck on the Roll20 website (opened a ticket asking help to remove it), it took me over two hours to Transmogrify "Lost Mine of Phandelver" to my campaign. I'm not even done, cuz now I have to re-arrange everything properly. In all honesty, I never expected a feature that costs over 13$CAD monthly would turn out being sooo useless -.- Please consider making it so people can Transmogrify a whole "Module" in one go, or a least whole folders at a time cuz this is ridiculous.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I think that some things are better not done if only to protect users from suboptimal practices. Transmogrifying in entire modules would likely allow users to combine entire huge swaths of data into a game that would likely become unmanageable. This could lead to complaints of lag from people who did not realize who this might impact their game. If moving entire folders becomes a feature, I think there would need to be some controls on it. Some ideas: 1)&nbsp; A warning that pops up when transmogrifying huge numbers of files. It wouldn't stop a user from doing it, but it could warn them about possible consequences 2) A limit on the number of subfolders affected.
+1 Please! It would make our lives a lot easier!
+1
I voted on this not to copy over entire modules - that would create a host of problems including duplicate entries of npcs. I would copy (transmogrify) the PCs and all related handouts (put into a 'Characters' folder) to port over to the new module and have a fresh start. Another use case would be to copy over a chapter from one game to another. I don't quite agree with Keith's suggestion of limiting the number of subfolders - the reason we want to copy over folders is because we use lots of them, amiright?
Doug E. said: I voted on this not to copy over entire modules - that would create a host of problems including duplicate entries of npcs. I would copy (transmogrify) the PCs and all related handouts (put into a 'Characters' folder) to port over to the new module and have a fresh start. Another use case would be to copy over a chapter from one game to another. I don't quite agree with Keith's suggestion of limiting the number of subfolders - the reason we want to copy over folders is because we use lots of them, amiright? A simple bandaid would at least let us see what folders they're in etc. Just more organization views would be great.&nbsp; It just shows names. Alot of people put things in folders and subfolders to keep things organized. We don't always remember whats where or what's named what. A folder for dungeon A would prob be in a folder named such and you just want to grab some stuffs from that. But instead of it being that easy you have to first look it up. and than each name one by one find it and put it in the new game.. It's tiresome.&nbsp;
Six years and 400 votes.... what does it take for a company to support its users?
George C. said: Six years and 400 votes.... what does it take for a company to support its users? It's a good question.&nbsp;
@roll20. Cmon guys I think we deserve a response at this point about what it would take, where you're willing to make the steps towards this etc. We never got a response back from any roll20 staff on this forum yet. :/ Which is maddening.&nbsp;
I still desperately need folders. Cmon Devs meet us half way. All your pro users need some basic organizational changes man.&nbsp;
+1 Very needed
+1&nbsp;
I'm not sure if the new announcement meant they were gana finally respond to this. or if it'll be continued to be swept under. :/&nbsp;
Would it be annoying to ask one of the roll20 staff to please give a response on this post or?&nbsp;
As a first step, I would support being able to view the folder structure of the source game when bringing over individual items--just that change would greatly improve the utility of the Transmogrifier.