Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transmogrifier allow copying of folders

Score + 515
+1. It's been a long time and it needs to be worked on. Next priority after the updated lighting imho. As others have said, Compendium being not officially translated to this day means a lot of users have to manually convert and translate it in folders inside games. We really need the option to move folders easily between games.

Edited 1596384667
I just made a new campaign last week and it took me several hours to reconstruct my setup of folders. Was annoyed that I couldn't copy folders, and that I needed to copy each item one by one. On top of that, I didn't want to copy every item, so I needed to evaluate each thing individually. Would have only taken about 2 minutes instead of 3 hours if I was able to just copy over my entire folders. (same goes for jukebox play lists). You got my +1.
Justin said: I just made a new campaign last week and it took me several hours to reconstruct my setup of folders. Was annoyed that I couldn't copy folders, and that I needed to copy each item one by one. On top of that, I didn't want to copy every item, so I needed to evaluate each thing individually. Would have only taken about 2 minutes instead of 3 hours if I was able to just copy over my entire folders. (same goes for jukebox play lists). You got my +1. Yeah I hate that!  And i don't remember what i named everything sometiems ><; There's like 1000+ chars in my games overall. I lit have to open up two games and look over everything. Which really lags sometimes. 
*Endlessly crossing fingers each and every update*
+1
+1 (Shocked this has not been added to Roll20 yet!)
Irondrake said: +1 (Shocked this has not been added to Roll20 yet!) Same. But soon. Hopefully soon. 
/signed
+1 Why is this not a thing already? 
O said: +1 Why is this not a thing already?  Because God Hates us :'( and so do the devs. lol. jk.  I think it's on the back burner. I'm very positive they're about to put it through. 
+1
Every Night I cry myself to sleep because it's in the  Feedback  Status and not the    Researching   Status.   :'(  
+1 I was annoyed to have to re-create folders and sort things again -so this is a great feature I am missing :) Whatever 'Feedback' is. But here is some feedback. In order to develop something like this the complete transmogrifier page would need some overhaul to be more usable, especially not one endless scrolling list.
Nico F. said: +1 I was annoyed to have to re-create folders and sort things again -so this is a great feature I am missing :) Whatever 'Feedback' is. But here is some feedback. In order to develop something like this the complete transmogrifier page would need some overhaul to be more usable, especially not one endless scrolling list. that'd be awesome!
+1 yes please
+1 I wholeheartedly concur
We need to have this post be  Researching  guys!
@Kenton or who put this as Feedback: What specific feedback are you looking for that has not been covered in the last 117 posts?
Danii said: @Kenton or who put this as Feedback: What specific feedback are you looking for that has not been covered in the last 117 posts? I very much agree. the time for Feedback is over. The Time for  Researching   is at hand! lol  Although a big fat  old  Complete  Would be ideal ^^ 
I made a thing bout how i hope this goes ^__^ 
+1 We literally have been asking for this for 4 years. 
At the very least a simple halfway point could be to see folders so you could grab the items one by one that way?? idk. I just want some more Dev feedback right about now. They keep doing all that dynamic lighting stuffs that no one seems to care about. ><; Honestly it used to work fine but now it's all wonky. 
+1 yes please
 Devs why!? :'( 
+1 Please this is a must.
+1 how much more do we need to beg?
PaPaPuffalot said: +1 how much more do we need to beg? Honestly i don't know. Guess we'll have to bug on the next Q&A. if at the very least it showed the folders and you could just move whats in there one by one that'd be ok too as a temp fix. Just having to find each thing one by one is annoying and time consuming. ><;
+1 surely this is one of the easier suggestions?
+1
+1
Every day I cry that this feature isn't a thing. :(
Right this is crazy that this is not currently allowed. I do not understand why this does not response
Craig Steinhoff said: Right this is crazy that this is not currently allowed. I do not understand why this does not response Right? just be able to have the option to organize them by folder, name, or date would be something that's needed for a start ^^  We need answers! 
+1 For music and handouts, foldersm and characters would be great. I also have refrained from going pro due to the lack of that functionality
+1
hello
If they could at least make it so we could have an option of how the files are organized that would be a good temp fix. Like by folder. Or by date etc.  :/ why we have no dev feed back so far tho??
+1 > why we have no dev feed back so far tho?? I suspect it is because access to moving folders would mean that any of us (like myself) who own everything on DndBeyond and only buy the modules I am running can take a day or two adding every magic item (or whatever your system uses, this is just an example) as a handout with art to a dedicated "copy-from" game, and then exporting that to every game for which I DM. Its a money grab. They would rather we buy all the content to add to our compendium (for any system at that I imagine) rather than letting us put in a fair bit (but still less than doing it in every game) of work and essentially not needing to purchase the same content from them in addition to owning physical copies or digital copies elsewhere. It feels like utter laziness enabled by the financial incentive to not do it. 
This is the single most irksome need for me; followed shortly by not being able to add Modules as add-ons. To see at least ONE of those is getting good traction has me relieved. 
d20Tavern said: +1 > why we have no dev feed back so far tho?? I suspect it is because access to moving folders would mean that any of us (like myself) who own everything on DndBeyond and only buy the modules I am running can take a day or two adding every magic item (or whatever your system uses, this is just an example) as a handout with art to a dedicated "copy-from" game, and then exporting that to every game for which I DM. Its a money grab. They would rather we buy all the content to add to our compendium (for any system at that I imagine) rather than letting us put in a fair bit (but still less than doing it in every game) of work and essentially not needing to purchase the same content from them in addition to owning physical copies or digital copies elsewhere. It feels like utter laziness enabled by the financial incentive to not do it.  Hm I never thought of it like that. Maybe. 
+1
+1 pleeeeeaase
+1 In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that if this is not done, or on the roadmap to be done, my Pro subscription will be worth very little to me going forward, as I mainly want it to be able to use the transmogrifier
Much needed +1
Chris A. said: +1 In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that if this is not done, or on the roadmap to be done, my Pro subscription will be worth very little to me going forward, as I mainly want it to be able to use the transmogrifier Honestly same. Although i do love some of the other features. (mostly the API once i learned them) This is a major one why many people get pro. Just wish we'd at least hear back from some Devs so we can know where we're at :/ 
Devs! Answer our Cries of help~ 
+1
+1
+1
+1