Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Advertisement Create a free account

[SW FFG] Official Character Sheet Thread

Update time. The work on the Quick sheet is progressing, but slowly when I have time. I've finished the basic layout (html/css) but it still needs beautification work done on it. The layout is fairly similar to what I posted above in the mockup. Characteristics were moved to the left of the skills. I also put in the Destiny section as I forgot that in my mockup. The dice pool has been shrunk down and sits in the same place as the mockup, but unfortunately, the floating idea didn't turn out as well as I imagined. I may look into a javascript solution for that. Also, there are limitations in roll20 to only one input in the popup window. I have some ideas to improve the dice pool a bit more that I will explore after the Quick sheet is fleshed out. Right now I'm working on adding the first javascript code to the sheet. Mainly, importing data from the repeating_ fields. So far I've had success here and the data appears to be importing nicely. I did run into a few issues here that required some research and testing, but it looks like I've ironed those out now. I also have a friend that has started working on a specialization talent sheet that will allow players to enter and set the links for each specialization tree. This will give everyone a better quick visualization of their talents. We'll be looking into a JSON import for this at a later date. That's it for now. I just wanted to let you know that I'm not dead and that work is still progressing. P.S. Regarding the API script bug, I did testing and noticed the same thing as you. I'm not sure who maintains that script now. After I finish the Quick sheet I'll probably take a crack at it.
Quick question: We're trying to setup an EotE campaign for the first time, and we're running into an issue with the character sheet. None of the dice images show up when we use the dice pool. I did some digging and it looks like the galacticcampaigns.com site hosting the images is no longer up. Is there an alternative host we can use? Or do we just have something misconfigured? By the way, thanks for all the hard work!
Adam said: Quick question: We're trying to setup an EotE campaign for the first time, and we're running into an issue with the character sheet. None of the dice images show up when we use the dice pool. I did some digging and it looks like the galacticcampaigns.com site hosting the images is no longer up. Is there an alternative host we can use? Or do we just have something misconfigured? By the way, thanks for all the hard work! Hi Adam, Roll20 doesn't actually use the direct image urls in the code. Instead, they call upon copies hosted on their side. This prevents instances like a website going down and the images no longer being available. I would guess that your sandbox is most likely not running correctly. Try going into settings -> api scripts and restarting the sandbox.
Hi Eric, Thanks for the quick response! I believe my problem was caused by using an old version of the script. I had installed a script direct from GitHub as per the (dated) instructions in the video tutorial I watched. The correct way now seems to be Settings > API Scripts > Script Library and selecting "Star Wars: Fantasy Flight Games - Dice Roller" from the drop-down. Much easier. I just missed that approach because there is so much outdated info out there online. Thanks again!
Glad you got it working! Yeah, the documentation is really outdated. The script library is now the correct way.
1500385853

Edited 1500387451
Hello! Thanks for this awesome character sheet! I have just discovered the very helpful NPC tab under the character sheet and I was reading in the FAQ that I could roll up to 6 NPC initiative rolls from the GM sheet. I am however struggling with getting it to work. I suspect it is a bug but I may well be doing it wrong. I have set up the NPC character filling in all the required naming conditions as well as setting the stats under the NPC tab. However, when I roll for initiative from the GM (dice_pool) sheet, it rolls only 1 green. From what I can work out, it is still rolling on the vigilance/cool value from the PC character portion of the sheet and not the NPC section. Set NPC stats: Clicked roll on dicepool sheet: Result: As an aside, I don't think the "number" field is working on the GM sheet for initiative rolls either. I have a "rival" NPC with number set to 4 yet it only rolls 1 initiative. I can understand that for minion NPC's it would only roll once, but for Rival or Nemesis, it should really roll the number of times. Or have I misunderstood what "number" means/does here? If anyone could point me in the right direction or highlight what I might be doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it. I can still handle initiative rolls manually but this functionality seems to be very useful. Thanks!
Hi Nathan, I don't see anything in the code that takes into account that number for a roll. My guess is it was added to have a quick way of seeing how many of each type of NPC is there for that encounter. I'll add it to my feature requests list.
1500481889
Thanks for the reply, Eric! It's one of those things that might suit some but not others. I suppose if someone wanted to keep track of how many NPC's there are but wanted to only roll one initiative no matter the number, then that feature would not suit them. I'll leave that to you :) Any idea on the functionality of the NPC list and rolling initiative problem I had? I had a brief look at the code but I'm not familiar enough with how it works to make heads or tails of it. The !eed command seems to be set correctly in the html code for the roll button but it fails to roll the correct dice nonetheless. Is there a good reference somewhere for the dice roller and character sheet API code that I could look at? I might be able to contribute a fix!
1500493496
God
Pro
Hey there! Minor question about the character sheets. Will the character specializations be updated with what information we have from the sourcebooks anytime soon? Or are we just waiting on all of them to come out first?
Ah, sorry. I totally missed your other question. To be honest, I'm not sure. Right now I've been diving into the player side of the sheet. I have not even begun to explore the NPC side. I also have not really looked into the api script very much. I'll be diving into that later when I go after the bug mentioned on the previous page of this thread. I can take a look at it when I get home from work though. If you want to check it out yourself, you can take a look at the code for the dice roller here: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/</a>... The character sheets can be found here: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... The documentation for the sheet seems to be fairly out-of-date. I'll read them sometimes but most of the time I've just been going through it line by line and figuring it out. Breaking stuff in chrome dev tools and finding out why.
God said: Hey there! Minor question about the character sheets. Will the character specializations be updated with what information we have from the sourcebooks anytime soon? Or are we just waiting on all of them to come out first? That is on my list! I should have those updated when I finish with the quick sheet. The new races will be added as well.
1500494645
God
Pro
Eric J. said: God said: Hey there! Minor question about the character sheets. Will the character specializations be updated with what information we have from the sourcebooks anytime soon? Or are we just waiting on all of them to come out first? That is on my list! I should have those updated when I finish with the quick sheet. The new races will be added as well. Excellent! One more thing that I wanted to mention because my group just discovered it recently- apparently when you put any sort of modification into modifiers section of the skill sheet under 'Xenology', the same modification is granted to all 'Warfare' rolls made. Likewise, if you put any modifier into 'Warfare', it won't appear in the roll at all, only when you make the modification in 'Xenology'.
God said: Excellent! One more thing that I wanted to mention because my group just discovered it recently- apparently when you put any sort of modification into modifiers section of the skill sheet under 'Xenology', the same modification is granted to all 'Warfare' rolls made. Likewise, if you put any modifier into 'Warfare', it won't appear in the roll at all, only when you make the modification in 'Xenology'. I rewrote that entire section so I probably fixed it already. I'll check it out when I get home just to make sure.
1500495850

Edited 1500495917
Did some poking around, and it looks like the issue might be in the Character HTML sheet:&nbsp; button type='roll' name='roll_Warfare' value='!eed characterID(@{character_id}) label(skill:Warfare) @{diceXenology} skill(@{rankWarfare}
Megan said: Did some poking around, and it looks like the issue might be in the Character HTML sheet:&nbsp; button type='roll' name='roll_Warfare' value='!eed characterID(@{character_id}) label(skill:Warfare) @{diceXenology} skill(@{rankWarfare} Yep, that is exactly what it is. I'm 99.9% sure I have that fixed with my code.
1500522044

Edited 1500522265
Nathan said: Any idea on the functionality of the NPC list and rolling initiative problem I had? I had a brief look at the code but I'm not familiar enough with how it works to make heads or tails of it. The !eed command seems to be set correctly in the html code for the roll button but it fails to roll the correct dice nonetheless. Ok, so I took a look at this tonight and did a little testing. It looks like it looking to the correct sheet just fine. However, it does appear to be broken in that initiative is NOT rolling from the NPC portion of the sheet and is only rolling from the player side. I know how to fix it, but it won't be until after my first release. For now, I'd suggest just filling out the NPC sheets using the player skills/characteristics. They should roll correctly from -DicePool after that. God said: Excellent! One more thing that I wanted to mention because my group just discovered it recently- apparently when you put any sort of modification into modifiers section of the skill sheet under 'Xenology', the same modification is granted to all 'Warfare' rolls made. Likewise, if you put any modifier into 'Warfare', it won't appear in the roll at all, only when you make the modification in 'Xenology'. I confirmed that this has been fixed on the updated sheet I'm working on. So next major release will have this fixed. If you want to fix it yourself for the time being, you can disable the one from roll20, copy the script I linked above and add it yourself. Then find the line that Megan posted. You'll just need to edit the values so that they all match the correct skill.
1500542789
Thanks, Eric! Seems like you're putting a lot of effort in to all of this. It is much appreciated!
I am late to this party but can you explain what I need to implement this into my Roll20 game?&nbsp;
1500663901
Orta
Plus
Sheet Author
Translator
Loren said: I am late to this party but can you explain what I need to implement this into my Roll20 game?&nbsp; Hi Loren, The easiest way to use the SW-FFG sheet is to use through the drop down menu when creating a new game. Be aware that a Pro subscription is necessary (for the game creator only) to use the API that enable the dice rolling.
1500853586
God
Pro
So, another issue my group has found is that under Force Powers, under the drop down menu list for 'Skill List', Medicine is spelled incorrectly as 'Medecine'. So any attempts to roll Medicine checks with the Force has an error message of ' Can't find character. Please update character, or npc, name field to match sheet character name and try again.'
God said: So, another issue my group has found is that under Force Powers, under the drop down menu list for 'Skill List', Medicine is spelled incorrectly as 'Medecine'. So any attempts to roll Medicine checks with the Force has an error message of ' Can't find character. Please update character, or npc, name field to match sheet character name and try again.' The spelling error has been fixed on the updated sheet. As for the second part, that message is saying that the name of your character needs to match the name of the sheet. The spelling will need to be exact.
1501009164
BK
Pro
Eric - I love the sheets.&nbsp;&nbsp; VERY helpful to run a FFG SW game on Roll20. Forgive me if this has been asked before: do you plan to have a PRINT (or EXPORT to PDF) option available for these sheets?&nbsp;&nbsp; We find ourselves maintaining both a PDF character sheet (as a backup and for use when we play live) AND our Roll20 character sheets.&nbsp;&nbsp; It would be ALOT smoother and save ALOT of time to just maintain the Roll20 sheet and occasionally export it to PDF. Thanks in Advance!! BK
1501009494
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20 doesn't currently have a print sheet option, there is a popular suggestion on the topic you might want to add your vote to though?: Print Character Sheets
I'm trying to add an automatic advantage to my Superior weapon on the sheet but it doesn't appear to be working. &nbsp;Is there a special way I have to input the "a" on the modifier bar?
1503914379
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thomas K. said: I'm trying to add an automatic advantage to my Superior weapon on the sheet but it doesn't appear to be working. &nbsp;Is there a special way I have to input the "a" on the modifier bar? 1a :)
Ziechael said: Thomas K. said: I'm trying to add an automatic advantage to my Superior weapon on the sheet but it doesn't appear to be working. &nbsp;Is there a special way I have to input the "a" on the modifier bar? 1a :) Thank you!!!
1505784162
GM Matt
Sheet Author
Hey Eric- Just curious: still making progress on the quick sheet? No pressure, if not. I just think its a great idea and thought I would check on it. Thanks for all your work, Matt
Hi GM Matt, To be honest, the work has kind of come to a halt. Work has been kicking my ass with a bunch of new projects getting dumped on me and I recently started dating a lady that I am really into. My free time has been a little stretched. On top of that, my Star Wars game I was playing in is on pause so I have had less motivation to continue it as well. The code is sitting in a good place. I'd say it is about 90% feature complete. As I recall, it still needs weapon mods to be added in (I was debating how to best implement this as I don't like the old method) and the Force Powers / Talents section needed some additional work. There are also a few bug fixes that I needed to address as well. After that, it was mainly just CSS beautification work that needed to be done. I do plan on finishing the project. I just need to find some time to sit down and hammer out the last of it. I feel kind of bad, because I know there are some bugs with the current code that I've already fixed with my new code that people were waiting on. Maybe I can release a quick update to fix those so people are not stuck waiting on the new sheet.
1506655419
GM Matt
Sheet Author
Hey Eric- No problems and no pressure. Just appreciate any effort you're willing to put into it. - Matt
Is there an issue with this sheet currently?&nbsp; It was working fine last week, but one of my players mentioned that images and text is not showing up for them and sure enough all of the sheets in my games look like this:
Hi Anthony, Are you still experiencing this? Also, are you loading the sheet from the built in roll20 templates or by custom sheets? That screenshot looks like CSS isn't loading properly. I would guess at a temporary issue with roll20 unless you are still experiencing this? My sheets (both development and current are loading fine)
I'm having an issue where I cannot get the dicce to roll, on the diceroller sheet or on the player's sheets. Are there any fixes for this that I've missed? It is the Star Wars FFG sheet API compatible.
Donna B. said: I'm having an issue where I cannot get the dicce to roll, on the diceroller sheet or on the player's sheets. Are there any fixes for this that I've missed? It is the Star Wars FFG sheet API compatible. Hi Donna B, The most common cause of this is either the API script is not installed or the script has stopped working and needs to be restarted. You can check this by clicking on your game and going to Settings -&gt; API Scripts -&gt; Restart API Sandbox. If you don't have the script loaded at all, then select the drop down and find Star Wars: Fantasy Flight Games - Dice Roller and add that.
That cleared it right up! Thank you
1508466067
Hello Eric J. I believe you are the current curator of the character sheet (???). If so, is there any plans on allowing automatic results added to rolls for dark and light side pips? Currently you can automatically add advantage, threat etc - but you can't specifically add Force dice results to rolls. I mainly ask this as the new Ascetic specialization has an ability granting automatic results of one light and dark side pip to every Force check. Thank you.
Cvltvre said: Hello Eric J. I believe you are the current curator of the character sheet (???). If so, is there any plans on allowing automatic results added to rolls for dark and light side pips? Currently you can automatically add advantage, threat etc - but you can't specifically add Force dice results to rolls. I mainly ask this as the new Ascetic specialization has an ability granting automatic results of one light and dark side pip to every Force check. Thank you. Hi Cvltvre, This is currently possible on my version in development. No eta though. D:
1509086962
Eric J. said: Cvltvre said: Hello Eric J. I believe you are the current curator of the character sheet (???). If so, is there any plans on allowing automatic results added to rolls for dark and light side pips? Currently you can automatically add advantage, threat etc - but you can't specifically add Force dice results to rolls. I mainly ask this as the new Ascetic specialization has an ability granting automatic results of one light and dark side pip to every Force check. Thank you. Hi Cvltvre, This is currently possible on my version in development. No eta though. D: Ripperoni in pepperoni. I am guessing there is no way to hotfix it or something?
Cvltvre said: Eric J. said: Cvltvre said: Hello Eric J. I believe you are the current curator of the character sheet (???). If so, is there any plans on allowing automatic results added to rolls for dark and light side pips? Currently you can automatically add advantage, threat etc - but you can't specifically add Force dice results to rolls. I mainly ask this as the new Ascetic specialization has an ability granting automatic results of one light and dark side pip to every Force check. Thank you. Hi Cvltvre, This is currently possible on my version in development. No eta though. D: Ripperoni in pepperoni. I am guessing there is no way to hotfix it or something? Ah, I think I misunderstood your question the first time. You're looking at adding the actual Force die results and not the die itself? If so, no, that is currently not possible to my knowledge. I believe that will take an update to the dice roller script before the sheet can be updated. I'd need to take a look at the script again. I assume the Ascetic is in one of the newly released books? Consular I am guessing?
1509253138
Eric J. said: Cvltvre said: Eric J. said: Cvltvre said: Hello Eric J. I believe you are the current curator of the character sheet (???). If so, is there any plans on allowing automatic results added to rolls for dark and light side pips? Currently you can automatically add advantage, threat etc - but you can't specifically add Force dice results to rolls. I mainly ask this as the new Ascetic specialization has an ability granting automatic results of one light and dark side pip to every Force check. Thank you. Hi Cvltvre, This is currently possible on my version in development. No eta though. D: Ripperoni in pepperoni. I am guessing there is no way to hotfix it or something? Ah, I think I misunderstood your question the first time. You're looking at adding the actual Force die results and not the die itself? If so, no, that is currently not possible to my knowledge. I believe that will take an update to the dice roller script before the sheet can be updated. I'd need to take a look at the script again. I assume the Ascetic is in one of the newly released books? Consular I am guessing? You are correct. Though I have noticed similar 'get auto light/dark side pip results' from stuff like Force Nexus' as well as that adventure with the holocron.
Can someone kindly explain how to use the&nbsp;EotE dice roller for google hangouts? <a href="http://game2.ca/eote/#" rel="nofollow">http://game2.ca/eote/#</a> The web app works fine but I'mt not sure how to make it display in the chat window.
For some reason whenever i make a roll using any dice pool, it always rolls twice, and i'm not quite sure why or how to fix it.
nevermind i fixed it.
1515983599
Peter T.
Marketplace Creator
Just recently tried the character sheet, and I must be doing something wrong. I've added the sheet directly from the script library dropdown, but the visuals I get look just like the default roll20 SWRPG character sheet, and there's no diceroll integration with the sheet. Every piece of documentation or tutorial just seems to assume that it looks like this ( <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAvPfA2YgNQ" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAvPfA2YgNQ</a>), but with this as the only added script, I don't really see any effective change to my campaign. (It does install and add the dummy DicePool character) I do get this error, repeated twice, in the output console on first install: ERROR: You cannot set the imgsrc or avatar of an object unless you use an image that is in your Roll20 Library. See the API documentation for more info.
1515985032
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Peter T. said: Just recently tried the character sheet, and I must be doing something wrong. I've added the sheet directly from the script library dropdown, but the visuals I get look just like the default roll20 SWRPG character sheet There are 2 parts to the character sheet, the Character Sheet and the Script The Sheet is the Star Wars: RPG-API Compatible Select it in the Character Sheet dropdown The Script is FFG Star Wars Dice Roller Select it from the API Script dropdown. NOTE: You need to load the sheet, then the script, then launch the game for it to show up right and start the script. Also, if it doesn't show a character named -diceroll it has failed the install, try restarted the script sandbox.
1515985662
Peter T.
Marketplace Creator
Gotcha, thanks. I was reconfiguring an old campaign and completely missed that option. Small suggestion - and it may only help someone like me - is to clarify that step in your setup instructions here (<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible</a>). Thanks again!
1516030063
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Peter T. said: Small suggestion - and it may only help someone like me - is to clarify that step in your setup instructions here ( <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible</a> ) If you look at the history I did put that, but some later person working on the sheet/script changed it. I have not worked on this project for over a year, but your issue was something I had an answer to. Just a note, the "creator" of the wiki page has no more rights than you do, and you can add the steps yourself that you feel are required.