Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Starfinder [ALPHA - WIP] Discussion Thread

Edited 1505354948
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, it's already in the class info tab. And automatically calculates your rp based on which key ability is highest if you are multiclass.

Edited 1505365962
ETA on sheet release to plus users? Or an solid ETA on Pro release, so you know I can upgrade?

Edited 1505408380
Guys, Scott is doing this for free, only using his time. It's rude to keep asking, "When is this coming out?". I know we're all excited, but please be polite.
Any chance I could get access to this bad boy? Also, thanks a ton for coding it. I know that takes a lot of work. 
If you scroll back to the older posts, Aaron, you'll find the R20 link to the test page.

Edited 1505441657
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Travis K. said: Hey Scott, doing some more testing on your alpha game going through skills and ran into some issues. When you attempt to add a buff to disguise and sleight of hand, neither will add to the skill.  Also disguise stops completely adding class skill value or ranks after you attempt to place a buff on the skill.  Disguise works fine prior to trying to make a buff but once you create a buff to disguise it stops. I discovered this myself as well, It's fixed in the coming update Profession is not adding class skill value or ranks to the total. Hmm, gonna have to investigate what is causing this. Also have tried adding a buff to initiative and does not work.  Not sure if that field has been enabled for buffs yet but would be nice for Operative's Edge ability. Hmm, looks like I disabled the whole buffs section (equipment still works), I'll get that fixed as well. Thanks for the report. I must, be sleep deprived, just hadn't enabled my test buff. I can't replicate this problem. Initiative should work just fine for buffs.  Looks like I must have fixed this without even knowing it was broke. The current alpha code does have this problem, my dev code does not, so will be fixed in the next update. On a related note, these are all the attributes that are buffable, as of right now, in the next update: Initiative Initiative total (e.g. +2 to initiative) Ability Scores Each individual ability score (e.g. +2 to strength) Health Maximum SP, HP, RP, and Temp HP (e.g. +2 to sp OR +2 to sp max) AC AC totals, including cmd (e.g. +2 to eac) Note that the syntax +2 armor to eac would apply a base armor bonus of 2 to your eac instead of a buff Armor bonus to AC (e.g. +2 to eac armor) Can also apply a buff to all AC (not including cmd, since it is calc'd based off of kac) with the syntax +2 to armor  - This is in the current alpha code, but I'll probably be changing the syntax to be +2 to ac , and use the +2 to armor  to denote a global armor bonus. Saves Each save total (e.g. +2 to fort) Skills All skill totals (e.g. +2 to acrobatics) Can also apply a buff to all skills with the syntax +2 to skills - This is coming in the next update Attacks Attack (e.g. +2 to attack total) Damage (e.g. +2 to attack dmg total) Note that this section will be receiving more granularity for buffs such as buffs only to specific weapon categories. Bonuses that apply only to a specific weapon (e.g. the classic +1 longsword from pathfinder) should be put in the attack and/or attack damage bonus fields of the attack to be affected. Equipment Encumber/overburden bulk (e.g. +2 to overburden bulk)
Incredible stuff! Keep up the good work, Scott! Your efforts are massively appreciated!!!
You're the man Scott! I'm upgrading to PRO as soon as this is done. in fact hell why not now.
This is great! :-) Posting to follow progress and to shower Scott with compliments once it's done. 
Hey Scott, I'm with the rest of these guys.  If you need any help with the coding aspect or what have you I'd be more than happy to help debug.  Cannot wait for this.  My regular group is really excited to get this started.
Hey Scott, I have to say after reading this entire thread for over 30 minutes you are a very intelligent and patient person! I would love to be able to use/buy the sheet when its completed. Mostly I posted here to keep track of its progress and to give my appreciation. Keep up the good work! My new starfinder group cant wait to use your sheet!  
Others have already said it Scott but thanks for putting in the work for this, really appreiate it. 
Hey, thanks man looking forward to it.
Looks nice, hoping to get my hands on it if its not available yet.
Nope, not available yet.  Also Scott hasn't posted in a while.  Hope he is okay!
Super-excited to test this out with my group when it is ready (even if it isn't ready, really - we're all pretty used to testing things)

Edited 1506130523
Can't wait to use this, I'm already converting maps for Starfinder.
Just dropping in to say thanks to Scott and to everybody helping to make and test this thing. Good luck to the lot of ya.
Scott thanik you for taking the time to do this.  It is incredible :)
Hey Scott.  Keep up the awesome work.  Would love to get my hands on the sheet.  Even for testing purposes.  How would I go about getting my hands on it?  I would love to purchase this from you as well once its released if not free.  People said the link was earlier in the post, but I cant seem to find the link to the sheet? Thanks again
Everything is looking good and can't wait to try it out.
Sean K. said: Hey Scott. &nbsp;Keep up the awesome work. &nbsp;Would love to get my hands on the sheet. &nbsp;Even for testing purposes. &nbsp;How would I go about getting my hands on it? &nbsp;I would love to purchase this from you as well once its released if not free. &nbsp;People said the link was earlier in the post, but I cant seem to find the link to the sheet? Thanks again Hey Sean, Here's the link to the game. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/2540841/cZqDWw" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/2540841/cZqDWw</a>
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Larry, All, sorry for going silent for the last little bit. Work's had me swamped. I should have the abilities and spells sections done sometime this week.
Don't be sorry Scott, you take the free time to do this and we all appreciate it. Take your time
Scott R avatar makes me not trust his words even when they are quite right.
Love you Scott.
Any updates?
Unfortunately not at the moment.&nbsp; &nbsp;There is a simple Starfinder sheet now to use until Scott finishes his.&nbsp; The simple one does work as advertised but is not as refined as Scott's, and is also missing everything but PC stats.
The one up now has a sheet for PC,Drone/Ecocortex,and Starship
Ooh that's new
Just posting to let people know. I messaged Scott the other day. He's been getting a bit swamped, but he's still working on this! Just want to say thanks for the amount of work he's put in! I really look forward to this sheet, as it's quite amazing indeed!
If people need a sheet while they wait (or are just tired of waiting), there is a SF sheet available now. It's not very well laid out, but it's serviceable and easier to use than a hacked PF sheet.
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It would be nice if the sheets (this one and the simple one made by&nbsp; Phillip G. ) shared attributes, so we can switch from one to the other with ease.
Havoc said: It would be nice if the sheets (this one and the simple one made by&nbsp; Phillip G. ) shared attributes, so we can switch from one to the other with ease. Are you volunteering to write the necessary JavaScript to make that happen then? (Neither am I.)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I may, repeat may ,&nbsp;look into putting a converter into the sheetworkers, but it won't happen till pretty close to full release if it does. Part of the problem is that the simple sheet uses solely autocalc fields, while this sheet (which will be called the Starfinder HUD) uses all sheetworker driven attributes. While it is possible to have the sheetworker read an autocalc field, it is also a lot of extra code for something that honestly won't get used that much.

Edited 1508436976
I really like your clean design - it would go well with my IRL group. Is there any way to export into a clean, blank sheet?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Once it is finished, certainly, you would just have to run the sheet in Roll20.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nino S. said: I really like your clean design - it would go well with my IRL group. Is there any way to export into a clean, blank sheet? If you're talking about printing, you can pop out an unfilled sheet into its own window and print to PDF. It may take some finagling to get the settings right, though.
keithcurtis said: If you're talking about printing, you can pop out an unfilled sheet into its own window and print to PDF. It may take some finagling to get the settings right, though. Sorry if I didn't make myself clearer on the first message (as English is not my first language), but that's exactly it. I'll have a game with first-time players, and a clean design like that might help reduce a bit of the typical information overload when approaching the 3.x mindset. I only worry that even an unfilled sheet is actually filled with 0s.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, I see what you are asking Nino. Unfortunately, the sheet is not formatted to be used in hardcopy, and there are issues with outputting hardcopies of roll20 sheets as well.
Scott C. said: Ah, I see what you are asking Nino. Unfortunately, the sheet is not formatted to be used in hardcopy, and there are issues with outputting hardcopies of roll20 sheets as well. No problem, doesn't mean I can't try anyway ;)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi all, Thanks for being patient over the last month. My lab was in the middle of submitting a rather large grant for funding, and as much as I might wish I could work on Roll20 stuff full time, work takes precedence. That said, I have been busy. This post marks the start of the Public Alpha for the Starfinder HUD character sheet. So, here's what's new: Starfinder HUD v0.021508544553 The big news with this update is that the PC sheet is functionally complete. The last two sections, abilities and spells, are now in. Many attribute names have changed since the last update, and I have wiped all characters from the alpha game as they are not compatible with the new version. Roll Templates are also in. These are a first pass at roll templates. The alpha game has been updated if you would like to check out the new sheet there. If you or your GM is a PRO user, the current version of the code is available from the&nbsp; Alpha Releases folder of the Starfinder Character Sheet Repository on github. You will need to copy the html, css, and translation files into your game settings page in order to use the sheet. If you want to get the true Starfinder HUD sheet, you will want to use the custom font Aldrich-Regular. You can either download it from&nbsp; google fonts , or simply approve the unsecure scripts while using the sheet. I am sure that there will be bugs that I have not yet discovered, and that many things can be improved. Give me your feedback here in the thread.
Scott C. said: ... Starfinder HUD v0.021508544553 The big news with this update is that the PC sheet is functionally complete. The last two sections, abilities and spells, are now in. Many attribute names have changed since the last update, and I have wiped all characters from the alpha game as they are not compatible with the new version. Roll Templates are also in. These are a first pass at roll templates. The alpha game has been updated if you would like to check out the new sheet there. If you or your GM is a PRO user, the current version of the code is available from the&nbsp; Alpha Releases folder of the Starfinder Character Sheet Repository on github. You will need to copy the html, css, and translation files into your game settings page in order to use the sheet. Hi Scott, Glad to hear you survived all the work place shenanigans.&nbsp; I've copied the source code from Git Hub into my template game, and I cannot type numbers into the ability (str, con, etc...) into the sheet. I'm going to try a few things like making a whole new game and see if that makes a difference. I will keep you posted on the results.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, Not sure what is going on there, They work in the alpha game, my dev game, and the game I'm setting up right now. Can you give any other details? What browser are you using? Can you post a video or gif of your attempt?

Edited 1508595278
The sheet in your game is working as expected.&nbsp; I am using Google Chrome.&nbsp;&nbsp; When copying from git hub I go to the "Raw" view option so I can copy and paste into roll20's game settings pages. After that I click save settings and enter the game. I create a new character sheet and click the up arrow on the Ability Scores entries.&nbsp; The score does change, but when I click off, it does not update the other items (bonus, displayed score, etc...).&nbsp; If I click back into the ability to edit it, it displays the correct number. ------------------------------------- EDIT---------------------------------- .... Just tried it in a brand new game, and it started working as expected.&nbsp; &nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, ok, this is a problem I sometimes had while working on the Pathfinder Companion. If you try to copy paste too soon from github, the entire file isn't displayed. This tends to break the sheetworkers, My guess would be that your previous copy hadn't selected everything and so the sheetworkers that drive all the auto updates could not function.

Edited 1508596792
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Some issues already discovered: non ranged attacks do not function. This is due to a typo in the macro. As a work around You can either remove the inline roll brackets from around the range attribute call, or simply put a 0 in the range field for melee ranged attacks. Proficiency/specialization is not taken into account automatically on attacks. The character name field of the roll templates is shifted to the left. There are several areas of the sheet that are not properly scaled to their regions The damage summary field in the attack button is not updating correctly Let me know if you all find anything else. The above errors will be fixed when I release the patch later tonight.
using the syntax "+4 armor to EAC" no longer works, however "+4 to eac_armor" does. As a side note, how do we indicate "max dexterity bonus" as inflicted by armor?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
4 max dex to armor should enforce a max dexterity of 4 Emphasis on should as +4 armor to eac should still work as well, but I can confirm it is not