Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Starfinder [ALPHA - WIP] Discussion Thread

Happy to see that things are coming together so well! 
Scott C. said: 4 max dex to armor should enforce a max dexterity of 4 Emphasis on should as +4 armor to eac should still work as well, but I can confirm it is not Can confirm that the syntax "4 max dex to armor" as well as a bunch of derivitives do not enforce a ceiling on dex bonus to armor.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Jon, I'll get that fixed up.
Scott C. said: Thanks Jon, I'll get that fixed up. No, thank you for building this sheet and giving us the opportunity to help you test and make it the best it can be :).  

Edited 1508913488
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Update for the sheet. I'd hoped to get this out Sunday, but alas, it took a little longer than I planned. I'm updating the Alpha game now. Code is available from the  Starfinder Character Sheet Repository Changelog Bug Fixes The following bugs have been fixed: Weapon Specialization is not applied correctly Repeating Bab fields default to "@{bab}" Attack info summary does not update Spell DCs are miscalculated Encumbrance and wealth do not update Drain, and DR/resist field overflow their containers Spellclass elements all display. armor buff syntax is not working max_dex syntax not working New Features Menus are finally here. Whether it's a spellbook for your technomancer, or easy access to all your soldier's attacks, get access to it via the chat windows. Basic settings menu - This is the start of the settings page. More details further down. Consistent formatting for all clickable resources on the sheet Settings Menu Change the sheets default whisper state from public to GM whispering Can also enable a couple house rules Resolve source - select whether resolve points are calculated off of your maximum key ability score, or just maximum ability score. This is a house rule that my group is playing with. Buff Stacking - By default, the sheet only stacks circumstance, luck, and untyped bonuses. If your group is using additional bonus types (such as maybe bringing back dodge bonuses), you can make them stack here. Separate bonuses with a comma and/or a new line. The PC/NPC/SHIP selector does not currently do anything.

Edited 1509116011
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
v0.021509075682 Changelog Bug Fixes The following bugs have been fixed: Spells per day don't retain values Buffs to hp/sp/rp/temp hp don't style correctly New Features Automated handling for up to 4 attacks at a time added. Requires some new template fields, delete current macro code and it will be repopulated with new code. Added button to show/hide macro code in attacks and buffs/macros in items Added macro code to items EDIT: Attack Macro code and buff parsing updated as well to allow handling for automated Deadly Aim (and similar) buffing. See the example character in the alpha game for an example of this in action. EDIT the second: Note that in order to handle buffs like deadly aim, the mods field syntax has changed to require a line break between buffs
Nice work.  But seems that Weapons Specialization not working correctly. It is adding my level, not half of it. Also, how to add Trick Attack to roll automatically with regular attack? I mean, you're pressing attack button and then 'macro' rolls regular attack and below automatically rolls Stealth with +4 bonus (or whatever) and rolls damage? And DM could see this Stealth (or whatever) roll and will or will not apply additional damage. Is it possible somehow in Attacks area for some attack macro add some link to Trick Attack that described in Abilities area? Also, could character sheet add +x to Bulk from Backpacks? I cannot see any changes when I wrote +2 to Bulk and Mods of Equipment. And one more question :)  How to add Racial abilities to be correctly shown in Abilities Menu? At the moment if in Source typing Race or Racial or Elf or whatever this ability in Menu Abilities in Chat shown as Feats.  Also need to remember for max skills add operative's feature from specialization that giving automatically ranks in two skills every level. Ideas for improvement. Could be added somewhere in Skills count of used and max skills? Because when character has more than 10 skills per level it is tricky to level up correctly when adding ranks during a couple days or after a week of delay.

Edited 1509116316
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Archie, Thanks for the feedback. Archie Tevidor said: Nice work.  But seems that Weapons Specialization not working correctly. It is adding my level, not half of it. The sheet adds full or half level based on what category the weapon is. If you put operative or small arms in the category field, it will calculate correctly. Also, how to add Trick Attack to roll automatically with regular attack? I mean, you're pressing attack button and then 'macro' rolls regular attack and below automatically rolls Stealth with +4 bonus (or whatever) and rolls damage? And DM could see this Stealth (or whatever) roll and will or will not apply additional damage. Is it possible somehow in Attacks area for some attack macro add some link to Trick Attack that described in Abilities area? Hmm, I'll have to think about the best way to implement trick attack. At the moment, I would simply make it an ability and put the following in the ability's description: [Trick attack skill name](~Char Name|trickattackskillname) Then put a note in the appropriate skill's description field that it gets a +X when used on a trick attack. Rules note: It is highly likely that the +4 to stealth on a trick attack is a typo as the +4 is supposed to make up for a particular skill not being dex based. Also, could character sheet add +x to Bulk from Backpacks? I cannot see any changes when I wrote +2 to Bulk and Mods of Equipment. The bulk buffing uses the following syntax: +x [bonustype] to overburden bulk OR +X [bonustype] to encumber bulk  - Note optional elements are shown in brackets. For a consumer backpack, you'd put +1 to overburden bulk For an industrial backpack, you'd put +2 to overburden bulk +1 to encumber bulk And one more question :)  How to add Racial abilities to be correctly shown in Abilities Menu? At the moment if in Source typing Race or Racial or Elf or whatever this ability in Menu Abilities in Chat shown as Feats.  Hmm, yep, looks like I broke this somehow. I'll get that fixed. Also need to remember for max skills add operative's feature from specialization that giving automatically ranks in two skills every level Ideas for improvement. Could be added somewhere in Skills count of used and max skills? Because when character has more than 10 skills per level it is tricky to level up correctly when adding ranks during a couple days or after a week of delay. Yep, it's an improvement that is on the horizon, just been down the list from more function focused features. Hadn't thought of making it a buffable field though, thanks for the suggestion.
The sheet adds full or half level based on what category the weapon is. If you put operative or small arms in the category field, it will calculate correctly. Ah, I see. Thanks. At the moment, I would simply make it an ability and put the following in the ability's description: [Trick attack skill name](~Char Name|trickattackskillname) Then put a note in the appropriate skill's description field that it gets a +X when used on a trick attack. Well, I've made another way. In description I typed: If Stealth [[1d20+@{stealth}+4]] more than [[20]]+CR The bulk buffing uses the following syntax: +x [bonustype] to overburden bulk OR +X [bonustype] to encumber bulk - Note optional elements are shown in brackets. For a consumer backpack, you'd put +1 to overburden bulk For an industrial backpack, you'd put +2 to overburden bulk +1 to encumber bulk Thanks, did not thought that need to add which bulk exactly to get macro work. Thanks for your great work. I'm looking forward to see final version someday. Since we'll start to use this sheet in our game I'll try to give more ideas and bugreports in the future. Regards, Archie.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Glad to hear it'll get some use and I look forward to your group's feedback.
I may have missed it but do you have like a command list or guide or something that shows the macro commands?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Mirror, Sorry, I haven't worked up a user's manual yet. There is information on how to utilize the mods fields in the handout in the alpha game (speaking of which, I need to update it a little). What exactly were you wondering about? Scott
Just general list of stuff, i am running with a group and we're going to be using your sheet soon and it would be helpful for the less roll20 savvy people to have a kind of cheat sheet to show how to do weapons and armors and such But i'll copy the handout from the alpha game and share it.
Just general list of stuff, i am running with a group and we're going to be using your sheet soon and it would be helpful for the less roll20 savvy people to have a kind of cheat sheet to show how to do weapons and armors and such But i'll copy the handout from the alpha game and share it.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, gotcha. Now that I've got the PC sheet done, and out for open alpha, I'll probably be working one up. Might have one by the end of the weekend.
Quick bug report. Skill note doesn't shown in chat after roll is made.
Ok so I'm new at this. How do I add this sheet to my game? I assume I choose the custom sheet under settings for setting up the game I downloaded the zip file. Do I grab all that and just paste it in there? Some step by step instructions would be good for new users.
Great work! Already using it in our game, so after first session have some points: - Skill and Save notes doesn't appear on roll check - Is there any method to add roll to modificators in abilities? or just in skill checks (Envoy Expertise add 1d6 for example) - Any way to add bonus to specific weapon category? (Weapon Focus)  - Class skill checkbox sometimes doesn't add +3 bonus on skill with 1+ ranks And we are waiting for Ship sheet =)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Keith T. said: Ok so I'm new at this. How do I add this sheet to my game? I assume I choose the custom sheet under settings for setting up the game I downloaded the zip file. Do I grab all that and just paste it in there? Some step by step instructions would be good for new users. Sorry, Keith, I'm working on a manual atm. You want the files located in the  Alpha Releases Folder . Copy the html, css, and translation files into the corresponding tab of the custom sheet in your game settings. reMamai said: Great work! Already using it in our game, so after first session have some points: - Skill and Save notes doesn't appear on roll check I've got the skill notes fixed in the next build, hadn't noticed that the saves weren't showing their notes though. Thanks for the report. - Is there any method to add roll to modificators in abilities? or just in skill checks (Envoy Expertise add 1d6 for example) You can handle most mods via the mods fields of the buffs, abilities, or items (they all work the same way). To add envoy expertise die simply put this in the mods field of your expertise ability (and make sure the ability is set to constant, or is enabled if it is an at will or x/day ability): +1d6 insight to sense motive Note that currently the sheet can't handle buff stacking for buffs that don't resolve to a number prior to the roll. I've got an idea to make this more robust, but for the time being, the +1d6 will be added as a miscellaneous bonus and any other insight bonuses you may have will still be applied. - Any way to add bonus to specific weapon category? (Weapon Focus)  The buff parsing can't currently handle categories, it's something I'm working on. - Class skill checkbox sometimes doesn't add +3 bonus on skill with 1+ ranks Hmm, Any more details on when this occurs? Is it specific skills? Does it fix itself if you change the rank amount? And we are waiting for Ship sheet =) Heh, yep, It's on the horizon, but will probably be the final section of the sheet to be completed.
Scott C. said: You can handle most mods via the mods fields of the buffs, abilities, or items (they all work the same way). To add envoy expertise die simply put this in the mods field of your expertise ability (and make sure the ability is set to constant, or is enabled if it is an at will or x/day ability): +1d6 insight to sense motive It was the first thing i tried =) But it seems that it doesn't work. Meanwile i think i found reason - Attribute {sense_motivemisc} - correctly parsed and value is '+1d6', but skill macro doesn't add this attribute. Whole skill macro looks like: @{Рамона|whisper_state}&{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{Рамона|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Рамона|character_id}}} {{title=Sense Motive}} {{r1=[[1d20+@{Рамона|sense_motive}]]}}
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, Must have missed adding it to the sense motive check. I'll get that fixed in the next build
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I've got a first pass of the user's manual up. If you have questions on how to use the sheet as it currently stands, take a look at the manual. Google Doc:&nbsp;<a href="https://docs.google.com/document/d/10E1t3wDsMxdSzGOsupygm8R8I2hqp0m-W2uh3EqNqVg/edit?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://docs.google.com/document/d/10E1t3wDsMxdSzGOsupygm8R8I2hqp0m-W2uh3EqNqVg/edit?usp=sharing</a>
Hey Scott, thanks for the sweet sheet! Any immediate plans to make a streamlined NPC sheet? I'm having issues converting stats from an NPC into the sheet due to their wonky random + attributes. Like +6 to hit, when the sheet value only comes up with +3, and same for initiative etc.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, I'm nailing down a few bugs in the PC sheet, and then the NPC sheet is up next on the block. It'll probably be a few weeks though as I've got some priority stuff at work.

Edited 1509567329
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
v0.021509511359 ChangeLog Bug Fixes Racial Abilities Chat Menu was not being created Misc attribute was not included in some rolls. Not all attributes have been fixed, but many have been improved. Changes to Existing Features The full attack conditional display of the roll template now handles up to 5 attacks, this has chaanged the value of the full attack query in attacks, abilities, and spells as well as the macros for each of these. Please reselect your full attack settings and delete Macro text to generate current macros. The way that buffs are handled for rollable attributes has changed. As before, all buffs are evaluated at edit time and buff formatting and buffed total is displayed according to what can be evaluated by the sheetworkers. In addition, all buffs are now added into the misc attribute of a given roll total as a sum or keep highest inline roll which is then evaluated at roll time for the total. This means that typed bonuses that have a random value such as the Envoy's expertise die can now stack correctly. This change requires now macro editing on the user's part to take effect. All roll templates have had some minor styling changes. These style changes come with a few new fields. If you would like to use the new fields, please delete your macro text to cause the sheet to regenerate it.

Edited 1509599798
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm getting an error if I try to roll a save from the Saves menu. ;-( Also, my Ability Checks menu doesn't display anything.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heh, looks like I hardcoded the name in for the saves, that was stupid ;). Hmm, I'll look into the ability checks, thanks.

Edited 1509725239
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Minor Bug Fixes released today: v0.021509724456 ChangeLog Bug Fixes Ability Checks menu was not generated correctly. Save buttons in the save menu were miscoded. Next update will probably be a bit as I'm starting work on the NPC sheet, and am planning to have that done before I do another release (barring any more bugs being discovered).
Hey Scott, Just a couple of things I noticed, unless I am overlooking but RPs are not adding ability score modifier for key ability.&nbsp; Works with highest ability but not key ability. Also weapon attacks are not adding ability modifier to attack rolls. This is everything I have seen not working with the newest release. Keep it up looking great.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the reports Travis, I'll be rolling out a patch in a few minutes, (the Alpha game probably won't be updated for a bit though)

Edited 1509768302
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Speaking of which: v0.021509767726 Changelog Just Bug fixes today. Bug Fixes Attack (and damage) rolls were not taking ability scores into account Profession buffing did not properly format the profession value Spell adding was crashing (This may have only appeared in my dev version) Note that the start of the npc sheet is in this release as well, although it does not currently do anything.
Does anyone know if you have to be Pro to add the custom sheet? I'm not seeing the tabs to load it and I'm wondering if that's because I'm a plus member. Thanks for all the hard work, Scott!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Custom sheets are a Pro perk.&nbsp; GM must be a Pro to see the custom options.
Hey Scott, &nbsp; &nbsp;Just curious did you ever add in the ability to add bonuses to weapon groups?&nbsp; example +1 to advanced melee, or +2 to small arms for weapon focus?&nbsp; I know you mentioned it was something eventually you were going to do.&nbsp; Wasn't sure if you have or if its just something for a major improvement down the road. If it is in there what are the exact names for it to work.&nbsp; Thanks

Edited 1509844637
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, yes, it is in, check the manual section on&nbsp; Applying Buffs To Subsets
Thanks Scott.&nbsp; Worked perfect.

Edited 1509982377
Scott, This is a really wonderful thing you are creating and I wanted to thank you for the effort. I have started some testing in the Alpha game and I have also loaded the latest build into a game of my own, however I'm noticing a potential css bug in Chrome (haven't tested in other browsers) with the Buff fields. As you can see, the "MODS" tag overlays the first few characters in the field making them invisible.&nbsp; I have made a character in the Alpha game (DarthMask) that also displays this behavior if you would like to take a look there. Thanks again for all your effort and I will continue to test this as the project continues! EDIT:&nbsp; A few other minor things (far lower priority than the above) that should be considered at some point: &nbsp;- The Equipment section's item list is oddly justified.&nbsp; It seems that when there is no wrapping of the name it aligns right, but when the name wraps to a 2nd line it aligns center.&nbsp; Not a huge deal but does create an asymmetrical feel. - The example text for mods on items seems to imply that you can apply multiple mods in the field by comma-separating the mods.&nbsp; According to the user manual this should be separate lines rather than comma-separation.&nbsp; Not really a bug, but definitely worth fixing in the final product.
Just wanted to bump this topic to the front page.

Edited 1511135401
I just started using this sheet in my game. I have a few suggestions and have a ran across a few bugs. Otherwise I really like this sheet. Bugs Under the settings you have a text field for half specilization weapons. Operative and Small Arms work but Small Arm still does full. The not carrying option for items still adds the bulk. The problem posted above with the buff section is also happening for me. Suggestions A way to set the max dex bonus in relation to armor. Maybe I missed this but I couldn't figure it out. An option for spell and ability save DCs to adjust with character level. Example being a Dragonkin's breath weapon being DC = 10 + half level + constitution modifier. I'm currently handling it by adjusting the macro. An option to adjust all spell DCs. Example being the feat Spell Focus. I tried to setup a mod for them but I only managed to increase the DC for abilities. Currently I'm editing the macro for spells. List special properties for a weapon in the chat output. Include a spell resistance option for spells. Currently I'm adding it in the description. Allow range to be calculated. Lots of spells say close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels. A spot to put a spell's school. The source entry works but is maybe misleading. A caster level check under the spells section. It is 1d20 + caster level + any modifiers. A spot for UPBs similar to credits. Currently just adding them as an item. Not super necessary but an idea. Ammo/charge counter for weapons
so how do i get access to this sweet sheet? the basic one on on roll 20 is pretty bad and the guy keeps updating it and breaking crap...

Edited 1511151746
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
David H. said: I just started using this sheet in my game. I have a few suggestions and have a ran across a few bugs. Otherwise I really like this sheet. Bugs Under the settings you have a text field for half specilization weapons. Operative and Small Arms work but Small Arm still does full. The not carrying option for items still adds the bulk. The problem posted above with the buff section is also happening for me. Thanks for the reports, I'll get those fixed in the next update. Suggestions A way to set the max dex bonus in relation to armor. Maybe I missed this but I couldn't figure it out. Apparently I forgot to put this in the help doc, sorry about that. This is handled via the mods field (item, ability, or buff): 5 max dex to armor EDIT: I've added this into the help doc now. An option for spell and ability save DCs to adjust with character level. Example being a Dragonkin's breath weapon being DC = 10 + half level + constitution modifier. I'm currently handling it by adjusting the macro. The DCs should already be updating based on your class/character level (depending on what you put in the source field). If they aren't I'll need to fix that. An option to adjust all spell DCs. Example being the feat Spell Focus. I tried to setup a mod for them but I only managed to increase the DC for abilities. Currently I'm editing the macro for spells. List special properties for a weapon in the chat output. Include a spell resistance option for spells. Currently I'm adding it in the description. Allow range to be calculated. Lots of spells say close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels. A spot to put a spell's school. The source entry works but is maybe misleading. A caster level check under the spells section. It is 1d20 + caster level + any modifiers. A spot for UPBs similar to credits. Currently just adding them as an item. Not super necessary but an idea. Ammo/charge counter for weapons All good suggestions, thanks for trying the sheet David. EDIT:&nbsp; For the range suggestion, that field is text, you can simply put [[25+5*floor(@{character_level}/2)]] ft in the field and it will output correctly in the macro. Sin said: so how do i get access to this sweet sheet? the basic one on on roll 20 is pretty bad and the guy keeps updating it and breaking crap... The sheet is currently only available as a custom sheet for games with creators that are Pro subscribers. See the link in the last change log post for the html, css, and translation.json files you will need to copy into your game's custom sheet fields under game settings. As for the other sheet breaking, keep in mind this one is still in Alpha (hence why it's not available from the sheet drop-down), so things may (and probably will) break as development continues (see the bug reports in the replies above for proof of this).
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
David H. said: I just started using this sheet in my game. I have a few suggestions and have a ran across a few bugs. Otherwise I really like this sheet. Bugs Under the settings you have a text field for half specilization weapons. Operative and Small Arms work but Small Arm still does full. I can't replicate this issue.
Scott C. said: An option for spell and ability save DCs to adjust with character level. Example being a Dragonkin's breath weapon being DC = 10 + half level + constitution modifier. I'm currently handling it by adjusting the macro. The DCs should already be updating based on your class/character level (depending on what you put in the source field). If they aren't I'll need to fix that. EDIT:&nbsp; For the range suggestion, that field is text, you can simply put [[25+5*floor(@{character_level}/2)]] ft in the field and it will output correctly in the macro. Thanks for the range info. I'm fairly new to how roll20 does things for fields so I had only tried doing 25+5*floor(@{character_level}/2) without the brackets. For some context on the DC issue, I have the breath weapon setup as this. The character is level 3 with a constitution mod of 2. The 12 DC would be correct if it was just 10 + Con mod but it should really be 16 due to the breath weapon getting an additional 1.5x the character's level. Currently I have edited the macro to be {{savedc=[[@{dc}+ floor(@{character_level}*1.5)]]}}. Which works but it'd be nice to be able to adjust that outside of the macro. As for the small arm issue I have stumbled upon something that might help. I tried a few things hoping to figure out what the problem was. It seems like none of the changes I make to the half specialization weapons field matter. I tried adding a new weapon type to it and any weapon with that new type still added the full bonus. I then tried removing all of the entries except for operative. After doing that I rolled an attack for a weapon that was still set as Small Arms and it rolled the correct +1 as if I hadn't touched that field.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, that almost sounds like the sheetworker is crashing somehow. Might also explain the DC issue depending on what order you setup your character in. Not sure why it would be doing that though. Could you get me a console log starting from loading up a game and going through a change to the sheet (just about any change will do).
Sure! Here is a pastebin of the console. I'm currently on the latest version of Firefox.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, ok, well good news, there's no crash. Bad news, I'm not sure what's going wrong on your sheet. I'll have to do some digging and see what I can figure out.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heh, I'm deep into writing the npc sheet. The sheet itself is almost done, working on statblock importer functionality and few last sections of the npc sheet. Next update will be when the npc sheet is done.

Edited 1512278099
Hey Scott, &nbsp; So my group and I just discovered a bug on skills.&nbsp; The totals are adding correct from mods under buffs, and abilities and equipment correctly but when you roll and look at the break down it does the 1d20+skill total+each mod (insight+(racial) extra.&nbsp; It is basically adding the named mods twice in the skill total and then again individually. Also Survival pops up with a no attribute found for the survival_misc OKay update as I re look at this I reposted all the code and saw the skills work find until I click on survival still gives the no abilities found @....|survival_misc Once that is clicked the above issue takes places with the skills.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, thank you Travis. I'll get that fixed.