Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Starfinder [ALPHA - WIP] Discussion Thread

Edited 1512795208
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
NPC Sheets and Bug Fixes New Features NPC Sheet is Live! Styled like a hardcopy statblock (except for abilities which are all at the bottom Statblock Importing from Paizo statblocks, or starfindersrd.com statblocks that are properly formatted I'll update the manual with details on the NPC sheet later tonight Changes/Additions to Existing Features The formatting of collapsed attacks, abilities, and spells has changed. Let me know what you think A UPB field has been added to the PC equipment section and the whole section has been reformatted. Ammunition fields have been added to weapons (and it is shown in the roll template) Spells now have a school field (and it is shown in the roll template) Abilities now have a selection drop down for Ex/Su/Sp All rolls have switched to a hard coded roll. The macro field has been replaced by the attacher field so that you can change how the roll is being displayed. This field is the last field in the roll and so any fields repeated in the attacher will overwrite the default fields. API commands can be added to rolls by creating a new line in the attacher. Bug Fixes Mods label in the mods field of buffs is now formatted properly carried weight now updates based on carry state Equipment names are no longer justified bizarrely Skill rolls no longer use total mod and misc. survival misc attribute is now properly referenced Save column headers are properly aligned placeholder text for mods now reflects new syntax combinations of dice rolls and static buffs for a given type don't roll Some complicted buffs would cause syntax errors with the Initiative roll syntax Known Issues The sheet is wider than the default character sheet window in Firefox (haven't tested again in chrome yet) There are some missing translations. Please let me know when you see the following syntax: [some word] <-- This will usually be red Buffs do not currently work on the NPCs Ability and spell menus do not work for NPCs
Scott, in PC attacks when I select strength in the attack field it does not add the strength modifier to the attack bonus. I was wondering if you could shed some light on this. Thanks for your help and all of the work you are putting into the sheets it is amazing.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, ok, it looks like the select is not defaulting to the correct value for some reason. In my game, toggling the select from the default to anything else and back fixes the issue. I'll figure out what is causing the incorrect default and get a fix out later this week. Thanks for the bug report Scraps
What is the proper format for importing?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Renderance, I've finally updated the manual with some information on using the statblock import. Essentially, if the statblock is formatted as per the information in the CRB (pg 420-421), it should import, although multiAttacks are not presently supported.
Hey Scott,    Everything is looking good on the NPC sheet and the new format on the PC sheet is great.  Make 1 suggestion is on the abilities section where you have the description always shown, can we make it to where those are minimizable and expandable.  For some they may place a lot of info and makes the section very long.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Travis, Thanks for testing it out. The description field that is shown after the name in it's condensed form is (or should be) restricted to a max of ~5 lines (I'll have to check the code to make sure of what the limit is exactly). I can reduce the number of lines that it can display at maximum, but adding additional granularity to the collapse/expand is going to be difficult.
Oh that would work great at 5 lines max.....It shows all of it right now Scott.  Also anyway you might be able to add the ability score mods to be buffed?  e.x. @{constitution_mod}, strength_mod, etc helps for like Toughness where they have a +4 constitution check for forced march and a few others.   Just a suggestion.  Nothing major needed but helpful.

Edited 1513490017
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'll look into it, although each attribute that can be buffed adds attributes to the sheet, which will eventually impact performance. It sounds like your examples are mostly conditional mods anyways, which I'd see as better handled by a note (which I need to add to the ability checks anyways)
Travis K. said: Oh that would work great at 5 lines max.....It shows all of it right now Scott.  Also anyway you might be able to add the ability score mods to be buffed?  e.x. @{constitution_mod}, strength_mod, etc helps for like Toughness where they have a +4 constitution check for forced march and a few others.   Just a suggestion.  Nothing major needed but helpful. I also have very long descriptions. Would it be possible to have a field under the settings tab to set the max number of lines?

Edited 1513642682
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, I don't know that I'll be able to make it totally customizable (due to the limits of how I have to interact with the DOM), but may be able to have some options. For the moment though, I'm working on redesigning how some of the styling is done to make it more efficient, and then I'll get it so that it properly limits all descriptions to 5 lines.
I was just filling in an NPC and noticed something with the description lines. The 5 lines limit is working for NPCs but for players it shows the full text. Hope that helps nailing any bugs down.
Hey Scott,    Is the spell DC attribute able to be modded?  Spell Focus feat for instance.  I don't see how in the user manual and haven't been able to figure out the right wordage on creating the mod.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Spell attributes are not currently able to be modded. I'm working on the next update which will fix this issue, as well as several bugs, improve the styling and add the starship sheet

Edited 1515517608
I have a Suggestion to add, I have been playing starfinder since it came out. I have noticed that ship combat can get convoluted with skill rolls that have different mods than standard, Like "Piloting" uses the ships computer's base bonus with character's ranks in pilot and only uses class and item mods if said item specifically says it works for "ship piloting. Also ship gunnery uses either BAB or Pilot Skill Ranks whichever is higher. Little changes that make is so a one button roll off the character sheet does not work.&nbsp; So my suggestion is to put a ship tab under one of the the boxes, that holds the variables for making ship rolls with that character and associated rolling buttons. I have included some unfinished macros (They don't currently work), but if they can help to give a starting place; I have included them. All Stations "Glide" /em moves the star-ship at half its normal speed. The star-ship can take turns during this movement but the star-ship's distance between turns increases by 2. Add @{Character|Piloting} to the star-ship's AC and TL for this round with a pilot override check of [[1d20cs&gt;20 +@{Character|Piloting} +@{Character|ShipComputerBonus} + ?{OtherMiscMods|0} ]] "Snap Shot" /em fires one of your star-ship's weapons with gunnery override check of [[1d20cs&gt;20 - 2 + {@{Character|Piloting},@{Character|BAB}}kh1 + ?{OtherMiscMods|0}]] } Gunnery &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"Fire at Will (Gunnery, Push)" /em fires off two diferent weapons with a [[1d20cs&gt;20 -4 +@{Character|ShipComputerBonus} +{@{Character|Piloting},@{Character|BAB}}kh1 +?{OtherMiscMods|0} ]] and a [[1d20cs&gt;20 -4 +{@{Character|Piloting},@{Character|BAB}}kh1 +?{OtherMiscMods|0} ]] for the second shot. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"Fire a Single weapon (Gunnery)" /em fires off a ship weapon with a [[1d20cs&gt;20 +{@{Character|Piloting},@{Character|BAB}}kh1 +?{OtherMiscMods|0} ]] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"Fire at Will (Per weapon in one arc)(Gunnery)" /em fires a broadside with a [[1d20cs&gt;20 -2 +{@{Character|Piloting},@{Character|BAB}}kh1 +?{OtherMiscMods|0} ]]. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"Precise Targeting (Gunnery)" /em fires off a ship weapon with extreme precision spending a resolve [[1d20cs&gt;20 +{@{Character|Piloting},@{Character|BAB}}kh1 +?{OtherMiscMods|0} ]] if the attack hits and the enemy ship’s shields on that quadrant are depleted before your attack, you deal critical damage to a random system in targeted quadrant. If the attack would normally cause critical damage, the normal critical damage applies as well meaning your attack could potentially deal critical damage multiple times determine which system is damaged as normal each time. EngineerStation &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"Divert Auxiliary Power (Helm)" /em diverts power to engines with a engineering check of [[roll]] giving a +2 to speed. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"Divert Auxiliary Power (Science Station)" /em diverts power to the science station with a engineering check of [[roll]] giving a +2 to the science station. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"Divert Auxiliary Power (Tactical Station)" /em diverts power to the tactical station with a engineering check of [[roll]] all weapons treat each damage die that rolls a 1 this round as having rolled a 2 instead. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"Divert Auxiliary Power (Engineering Station)" /em diverts power to with a engineering check of [[roll]] to add [[@{Character|ShipPCU}*.05]] shield points up to the shields' maximum value, You can distribute the restored Shield Points across the shield's four quadrants as you see fit (FAQ*** <a href="http://paizo.com/starfinder/faq#v5748eaic9vwh" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/starfinder/faq#v5748eaic9vwh</a> ). &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"Hold it Together" /em uses whatever she can to jury-rig up the ?{System |core|engines|life support|sensors|weapons|minor systems} with an engineering check of [[roll]] and treating it as if its critical damage condition were two steps less severe for the rest of the round. This check isn't modified by penalties from critical damage to the power core. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;"Patch System" /em patches up the ?{System |core|engines|life support|sensors|weapons|minor systems} with an engineering check of [[roll]] to patch a system to reduce the effects of a critical damage condition. This may take more than one round. ........

Edited 1515518046
I know you plan a ship sheet, but this might help as a stop gap till you get a ship sheet done
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Everyone, I'm hard at work on getting the ship sheet done as well as the issues that have been mentioned. I wanted to post some previews of what the next version of the sheet will look like and get feedback on it. So, without further ado: New PC Sheet Styling New Roll Template Styling WIP Starship Sheet Now, obviously the starship sheet is not completed, but the plan is to have it layed out very similarly to the Paizo hardcopy sheet with filtered attacks for each weapon arc and shield info displayed in the large circle. Anyways, let me know what you like, what you think could be improved, and what you'd like to see if it isn't already on there. -Scott

Edited 1516303651
I know the&nbsp;Paizo hardcopy sheet does not have "one button ship combat" functions but I would like to see the combat role's (captain, pilot, engineer, science)&nbsp;actions as a section on the the sheet.&nbsp; This is what I'm working with right now. Also the nesting issues of my macros are not&nbsp; suited for inside of a sheet but if it help as a reference to work out any issues with your code, or gives you ideas I included my start.&nbsp;In sheet Macros I made for "Starfinder simple" sheet. Since I don't know what attributes your sheet will have on the ship side of it. Needs Added: Attribute "CodePrefex" = "@{" Macro Code(still buggy and needs alt code replacement, because when I pasted it here it converted back to normal): CaptainActions (Show in Bar) ?{Captain's Action|Demand(Any Phase),/em demands a crew member to try to improve his performance. You grant a +4 bonus to one specific check by succeeding at an Intimidate check [[1d20+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Intimidate}]]+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;]] vs DC [[15+{@{starship-tier}*2&#125;]]. You must use this action before the associated check is rolled, and you can grant this bonus to an individual character only once per combat. Demand might result in negative consequences if used on NPCs.|Encourage(Diplomacy)(Any Phase),/em encourages a crew member to give a bonus to the action that grants a +2 bonus to the check by succeeding at a diplomacy check [[1d20+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Diplomacy}]]+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;]] vs DC [[15+@{starship-tier}]] to any position.|Encourage(Matching Role Skill)(Any Phase),/em encourages a crew member to give a bonus to the action that grants a +2 bonus to the crew's check by succeeding at a ?{Skill&#124;Piloting station(Piloting)&#44;+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Piloting}]] piloting&#124;Engineering station(Engineering)&#44;+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Engineering}]] engineering&#124;Science station(Computers)&#44;+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Computers}]] computers&#124;Tactical station(BAB)&#44;+[[[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|bab}]]+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|DEX-Mod}]]+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] gunnery&#124;Tactical station(Pilot Ranks)&#44;+[[[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Piloting-ranks}]]+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|DEX-Mod}]]+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] gunnery&#125; check of [[1d20+[[?{Skill&#125;]]+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;]] vs DC [[10]] to any position.|Taunt(Intimidate)(Any Phase)(Push),/em taunts the enemy vessel by attempting a Intimidate check [[1d20+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Intimidate}]]+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;]] vs DC [[15+{@{starship-tier}*2&#125;]]. If @{starship-crew-capt} is successful&#44; each enemy character acting during the selected phase takes a –2 penalty to all checks for [[1d4]] rounds. The penalty increases to –4 if the enemy’s check is made as part of a push action. Can only by used against that enemy starship once per combat.|Taunt(Bluff)(Any Phase)(Push),/em taunts the enemy vessel by attempting a bluff check [[1d20+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Bluff}]]+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;]] vs DC [[15+{@{starship-tier}*2&#125;]]. If @{starship-crew-capt} is successful&#44; each enemy character acting during the selected phase takes a –2 penalty to all checks for [[1d4]] rounds. The penalty increases to –4 if the enemy’s check is made as part of a push action. Can only by used against that enemy starship once per combat.|Orders(Any Phase)(Push)6th Level,/em grants an additional action to a crew member by succeeding at a skill check of [[1d20+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+?{Using appropriate skill for that crew member&#124;Piloting Skill&#44;[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Piloting}]]&#124;Engineering Skill&#44;[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Engineering}]]&#124;Computer Skill&#44;[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Computers}]]&#124;Tactical systems(BAB)&#44;[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|bab}]]+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|DEX-Mod}]]+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]&#124;Tactical systems(Pilot rank)&#44;[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Piloting-ranks}]]+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|DEX-Mod}]]+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]&#125;]] vs DC [[10+{@{starship-tier}*3&#125;]] and spending 1 Resolve Point. The crew member can take two actions in her role this round, but she can’t take the same action twice.|Moving Speech(Any Phase)12th Level,/em can spend 1 Resolve Point and use your action to give a moving speech to the crew during one phase of combat with a successful Diplomacy check [[ 1d20+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-capt}|Diplomacy}]]+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;]] vs DC [[15+{@{starship-tier}*2&#125;]]. For the remainder of that phase, your allies can roll twice and take the better result when performing crew actions.} GeneralCrew (Show in Bar) ?{General Crew Action | Glide,/em moves the star-ship at half its normal speed. The star-ship can take turns during this movement but the star-ship's distance between turns increases by 2. Add [[?{Pilot Ranks&#124;0&#125;]] to the star-ship's AC and TL for this round. You can only take this action if no other pilot actions have been taken during the helm phase (including glide). | Snap Shot,/em fires one of your star-ship's weapons with gunnery override check of [[1d20cs&gt;20 +?{Pilot Ranks or Your BAB which ever is Higher&#124;0&#125; +?{Your Dexterity Modifier&#124;0&#125 - 2 + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125;]].The weapon used in the snapshot must not have been fired by any other crew member this round.} EngineerActions (Show in Bar) ?{Engineer's Action | Divert Power(Helm),/em diverts power to engines with a engineering check of [[1d20 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-eng}|Engineering}]] +?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] giving a +2 to speed. | Divert Power(Science),/em diverts power to the science station with a engineering check of [[1d20 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-eng}|Engineering}]] +?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] giving a +2 to the science station. | Divert Power(Tactical),/em diverts power to the tactical station with a engineering check of [[1d20 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-eng}|Engineering}]] +?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] all weapons treat each damage die that rolls a 1 this round as having rolled a 2 instead. | Divert Power(Engineering),/em diverts power to with a engineering check of [[1d20 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-eng}|Engineering}]] +?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] to add [[0.05*@{starship-power-core}]] shield points up to the shields' maximum value.You can distribute the restored Shield Points across the shield's four quadrants as you see fit. | Hold It Together,/em uses whatever she can to jury-rig up the ?{System&#124;core&#124;engines&#124;life support&#124;sensors&#124;tactical&#124;minor systems&#125; with an engineering check of [[1d20 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-eng}|Engineering}]] +?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] and treating it as if its critical damage condition were two steps less severe for the rest of the round. This check isn't modified by penalties from critical damage to the power core. | Patch System,/em patches up the ?{System&#124;core&#124;engines&#124;life support&#124;sensors&#124;tactical&#124;minor systems&#125; with an engineering check of [[1d20 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-eng}|Engineering}]] +?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] to patch a system to reduce the effects of a critical damage condition by one condition. | Overpower(Push)6th Level,/em spends 1 Resolve Point and attempt an Engineering check [[1d20 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-eng}|Engineering}]] +?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] vs DC [[10 + {@{starship-tier}*3&#125;]] to squeeze more out of your ship’s systems. If you’re successful this functions as the divert action but you can send extra power to any 3 systems (?{System 1&#124;core&#124;engines&#124;life support&#124;sensors&#124;tactical&#124;minor systems&#125;)(?{System 2&#124;core&#124;engines&#124;life support&#124;sensors&#124;tactical&#124;minor systems&#125;)(?{System 3&#124;core&#124;engines&#124;life support&#124;sensors&#124;tactical&#124;minor systems&#125;). This action and the divert action can’t be taken in the same round. | Quick Fix 12th Level,/em tries to repair ?{System&#124;core&#124;engines&#124;life support&#124;sensors&#124;tactical&#124;minor systems&#125; quickly by spending 1 Resolve Point and attempting an Engineering check [[1d20 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-eng}|Engineering}]] +?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] vs DC [[10 + {@{starship-tier}*2&#125; ]]. If successful you remove the critical damage condition from one system for 1 hour (allowing it to function as if it had taken no critical damage) after which time it must be repaired as normal.} GunnerActions (Show in Bar) ?{Gunner's Action | Fire At Will(Push),/em fires off two different weapons with a [[ 1d20 +{[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|Piloting-ranks}]]&#44;[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|bab}]]&#125;kh1 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|DEX-Mod}]]+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;-4+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] and a [[ 1d20 +{[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|Piloting-ranks}]]&#44;[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|bab}]]&#125;kh1 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|DEX-Mod}]]+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;-4+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] for the second shot. | Fire A Single Weapon,/em fires off a ship weapon with a [[ 1d20 +{[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|Piloting-ranks}]]&#44;[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|bab}]]&#125;kh1 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|DEX-Mod}]]+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] | Broadside 6th Level,/em fires a broadside with a [[ 1d20 +{[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|Piloting-ranks}]]&#44;[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|bab}]]&#125;kh1 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|DEX-Mod}]]+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;-2+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]].(Repeat roll per weapon in the chosen arc.) | Precise Targeting 12th Level,/em fires off a ship weapon with extreem precison spending 1 resolve [[ 1d20 +{[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|Piloting-ranks}]]&#44;[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|bab}]]&#125;kh1 +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-gun}|DEX-Mod}]]+?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]]] if the attack hits and the enemy ship’s shields on that quadrant are depleted before your attack, you deal critical damage to a random system in targeted quadrant. If the attack would normally cause critical damage, the normal critical damage applies also and meaning your attack could potentially deal critical damage multiple times determine which system is damaged as normal each time.} PilotActions (Show in Bar) ?{Pilot's Action | Fly Casual,/w @{starship-crew-pilot} You move your starship up to its maximum speed and can make any turns allowed by its maneuverability. This doesn’t require a skill check. (So why did you use the macro Duh... just move the ship. | Maneuver(Push),/em pilots the starship into a hairpin turn with a Piloting check [[ 1d20 ?{Current Speed&#124;4 or less&#44;+2&#124;5 through 7&#44;+1&#124;8 Through 10&#44;+0&#124;11 Through 13&#44;-1&#124;14 or more&#44;-2&#125; +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Piloting}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125;+[[@{starship-modifiers2}]] ]] vs DC [[15 + {@{starship-tier}*2&#125; ]] For this round the starship’s manuverability distance between turns are [[{[[?{Have you used the "Full Power or Glide" action this round&#124;Yes&#44;+2&#124;No&#44;+0&#125; ?{Have you used the "Audacious Gambit" action this round&#124;Yes&#44;-2&#124;No&#44;+0&#125; -1 +@{starship-modifiers3} ]]&#44;0&#125;kh1]] for tighter turns. | Stunt: Back Off(Push),/em attemps to perform the stunt: "Back Off" with a Piloting check [[ 1d20 ?{Current Speed&#124;4 or less&#44;+2&#124;5 through 7&#44;+1&#124;8 Through 10&#44;+0&#124;11 Through 13&#44;-1&#124;14 or more&#44;-2&#125; +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Piloting}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125; + [[@{starship-modifiers2}]]]] vs DC [[10 + {@{starship-tier}*2&#125; ]]. On a failed check your starship moves backward only 1 hex. If you fail this check by 5 or more your starship does not move at all and takes a –4 penalty to its AC and TL until the start of the next round. | Stunt: Barrel Roll(Push),/em attemps to perform the stunt: "Barrel Roll" with a Piloting check [[ 1d20 ?{Current Speed&#124;4 or less&#44;+2&#124;5 through 7&#44;+1&#124;8 Through 10&#44;+0&#124;11 Through 13&#44;-1&#124;14 or more&#44;-2&#125; +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Piloting}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125; + [[@{starship-modifiers2}]]]] vs DC [[10 + {@{starship-tier}*2&#125; ]]. If @{starship-crew-pilot} Succedes: The starship moves up to half its speed and flips along its central axis. For the next gunnery phase, the starship’s port shields and weapons function as if they were in the starboard firing arc and vice versa. The starship reverts to normal at the beginning of the next round. To perform this stunt, your starship must be large or smaller. If @{starship-crew-pilot} fails: the starship moves half its speed but doesn’t roll. If @{starship-crew-pilot} fails by 5 or more: your starship moves half its speed and doesn’t roll also takes a –4 penalty to its AC and TL until the start of the next round. | Stunt: Evade(Push),/em attemps to perform the stunt: "Evade" with a Piloting check [[ 1d20 ?{Current Speed&#124;4 or less&#44;+2&#124;5 through 7&#44;+1&#124;8 Through 10&#44;+0&#124;11 Through 13&#44;-1&#124;14 or more&#44;-2&#125; +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Piloting}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125; + [[@{starship-modifiers2}]]]] vs DC [[10 + {@{starship-tier}*2&#125; ]]. If @{starship-crew-pilot} Succedes: The ship moves up to its speed and can turn as normal but it gains a +2 circumstance bonus to its AC and TL until the start of the next round. If @{starship-crew-pilot} fails: the starship moves as normal. If @{starship-crew-pilot} fails by 5 or more: the starship moves as normal but it also takes a –2 penalty to its AC and TL until the start of the next round. | Stunt: Flip and Burn(Push),/em attemps to perform the stunt: "Flip and Burn" with a Piloting check [[ 1d20 ?{Current Speed&#124;4 or less&#44;+2&#124;5 through 7&#44;+1&#124;8 Through 10&#44;+0&#124;11 Through 13&#44;-1&#124;14 or more&#44;-2&#125; +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Piloting}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125; + [[@{starship-modifiers2}]]]] vs DC [[15 + {@{starship-tier}*2&#125; ]]. If @{starship-crew-pilot} Succeeds: The ship moves forward up to half its speed (without turning) and rotates 180 degrees to face the aft edge at the end of the movement. If @{starship-crew-pilot} fails: The starship moves forward half its speed but doesn’t rotate. | Stunt: Flyby(Push),/em attempts to perform the stunt: "Flyby" with a Piloting check [[ 1d20 ?{Current Speed&#124;4 or less&#44;+2&#124;5 through 7&#44;+1&#124;8 Through 10&#44;+0&#124;11 Through 13&#44;-1&#124;14 or more&#44;-2&#125; +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Piloting}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125; + [[@{starship-modifiers2}]]]] vs DC [[20 + {@{starship-tier}*2&#125; ]]. If @{starship-crew-pilot} Succeeds: The ship moves as normal, but it can move through 1 hex occupied by an enemy starship without provoking a free attack. Also during the following gunnery phase you can select one arc of your starship’s weapons to fire at the enemy vessel as if the vessel were in close range(1 hex) against any quadrant of the enemy starship. If @{starship-crew-pilot} fails: the starship still moves as described above but you follow the normal rules for attacking (based on your starship’s final position and distance) and the movement provokes a free attack from that starship as normal. | Stunt: Slide(Push),/em attemps to perform the stunt: "Slide" with a Piloting check [[ 1d20 ?{Current Speed&#124;4 or less&#44;+2&#124;5 through 7&#44;+1&#124;8 Through 10&#44;+0&#124;11 Through 13&#44;-1&#124;14 or more&#44;-2&#125; +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Piloting}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125; + [[@{starship-modifiers2}]]]] vs DC [[10 + {@{starship-tier}*2&#125; ]]. If @{starship-crew-pilot} Succeeds: The starship moves up to its speed in the direction of either the forward-port or forward-starboard edge without changing its facing. If @{starship-crew-pilot} fails: The ship moves forward up to half its speed and can’t make any turns. | Stunt: Turn in Place(Push),/em The ship does not move but instead can turn to face any direction. If the ship has a maneuverability of clumsy it takes a –4 penalty to its AC and TL until the start of the next round. If it has a maneuverability of poor it instead takes a –2 penalty to its AC and TL until the start of the next round. Ships with a maneuverability of average or better do not take a penalty. This stunt doesn’t require a skill check. | Full Power(Push) 6th Level,/em spends 1 Resolve Point and moves the starship up to 1.5 times its speed. You can make turns during this movement, but you add 2 to your starship’s distance between turns. | Audacious Gambit 12th Level,/em spends 1 Resolve Point and attempt a Piloting check [[ 1d20 ?{Current Speed&#124;4 or less&#44;+2&#124;5 through 7&#44;+1&#124;8 Through 10&#44;+0&#124;11 Through 13&#44;-1&#124;14 or more&#44;-2&#125; +[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Piloting}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125; + [[@{starship-modifiers2}]]]] vs DC [[15 + {@{starship-tier}*2&#125; ]] to pull off complex maneuvers. @{starship-crew-pilot} moves the starship up to its speed treating its distance between turns as if it were 2 lower (minimum 0) and can also fly through hexes occupied by enemy vessels without provoking free attacks. At the end of your starship’s movement you can rotate your starship to face in any direction.If @{starship-crew-pilot} fails: The starship instead move as if you had taken the fly action (but still lose the Resolve Point). ScienceActions (Show in Bar) ?{Science's Action | Balance,/em balances the shields. With a successful Computers check check [[ 1d20+[[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Computers}]] +?{Mod&#124;0&#125; +[[@{starship-modifiers1}]]+[[@{starship-notes}]]]] vs DC [[15 + {@{starship-tier}*2&#125; ]] you can shift Shield Points (SP) from the shield in one quadrant to the shield in another quadrant including to depleted shields (after rebalancing every shield must have at least [[{@{starship-total-shields}*0.1&#125;]] SP or you can add up the SP from all the remaining shields and evenly distribute them to all four quadrants putting any excess SP in the forward quadrant. | Scan,/em scans a starship with your sensors to learn information about it with either a trained or untrained Computers check [[ 1d20 + [[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Computers}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125; + [[@{starship-modifiers1}]] +[[@{starship-notes}]] ]] vs DC [[10 +@{starship-tier}]] + its bonus from defensive countermeasures. | Target System(Push),/em uses sensors to target ?{System 1&#124;core&#124;engines&#124;life support&#124;sensors&#124;tactical&#124;minor systems&#125; on an enemy starship with a Computers check check [[ 1d20 + [[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Computers}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125; + [[@{starship-modifiers1}]] +[[@{starship-notes}]]]] vs DC [[15 + @{starship-tier}]] + the tier of the enemy starship + its bonus from defensive countermeasures. If you succeed the check the next attack made by your starship that hits the enemy ship scores a critical hit on a natural roll of 19 or 20. If that attack deals critical damage it affects the ?{System 1&#124;core&#124;engines&#124;life support&#124;sensors&#124;tactical&#124;minor systems&#125; system. For any further critical damage resulting from the attack determine which system is affected randomly as normal. Your starship’s sensors can target only one system on a specific enemy starship at a time though this action can be used to concurrently target systems on multiple starships. | Lock On(Push) 6th Level,/em locks your starship’s targeting system on to one enemy vessel. You must spend 1 Resolve Point and attempt a Computers check check [[ 1d20 + [[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Computers}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125; + [[@{starship-modifiers1}]] +[[@{starship-notes}]]]] vs DC [[15 + @{starship-tier}]] + the tier of the target starship + its bonus from defensive countermeasures. If you succeed your starship’s gunners gain a +2 bonus to gunnery checks against the target for the rest of the round. This action can be taken only once per round. | Improve Countermeasures(Phase) 12th Level,/em tries to foil enemy targeting arrays and incoming projectiles by spending 1 Resolve Point and attempting a Computers check check [[ 1d20 + [[@{CodePrefex}@{starship-crew-pilot}|Computers}]] + ?{Mod&#124;0&#125; + [[@{starship-modifiers1}]] +[[@{starship-notes}]]]] vs DC [[10 + {@{starship-tier}*2&#125;]] + its bonus from defensive countermeasures. If you’re successful gunners aboard the target starship roll twice and take the worse result for gunnery checks during this round (including checks for tracking weapons).} Now edited for removing extra sheet calls so when the captain, does a captain skill it uses the stats of who&nbsp; ever is written into the Captain slot on the ship. &nbsp;
Hey Scott, &nbsp; &nbsp;I know your working hard on the ship sheet and any other improvements.&nbsp; Just wanted to let you know on a bug I just came across.&nbsp; When you apply acp penalty with armor (-2 to acp) it shows it in the skills section but it is not applying it to the roll.
Hey just stopping by to drop some encouragements! The sheet is awesome and new version looks even cooler, keep up the good work!
I had a question, when using a mod to buff attack,&nbsp; I enter '+1 luck to attack' but it doesn't buff any attacks. When I do '+1 luck to attack|type:F' it buffs the attack AND the damage. What am I doing wrong here?
For attack bonuses you use '+x (bonus type) to total' This will add to all attacks
Thanks, Travis! That worked perfectly. Another possible bug I have found was for armor check penalties. I have the ACP entered on the armor and I can see the debuff on the skills section, however, when it is rolled from the sheet it doesn't subtract the ACP.

Edited 1516661577
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, this is a known bug (Thanks for the initial report Travis) that will be fixed in the next release (which is probably hopefully going to be next week, after I test it in my Saturday game).

Edited 1516744371
Lessy
Plus
Scott, I was wondering if you plan to add a Misc mod for carry weight calculations? In the core book the Consumer and Industrial Backpack increase one's effective STR when properly worn on the back by 1 and 2 respectively. Also will the next version allow for macros in the various misc calculation sections? Mayhaps I'm asking for to much, or asking for something that people have asked for a dozen times and you've answered just as many and/or it's a planned feature soon/in the future, but I tend to skip to the last page without reading those that came before, finding they are often out of date. One more thing, have you considered removing the "Player Name's" part of the weapons macro? Given that it displays who just made that roll it kind of make labeling the roll with the player's name redundant. I mean it's easy enough to remove manually in the macro text (thanks for making that both displayed and editable by the way, big help) but I find the text unnesary, more so when it makes character with long names spill over and stretch out the macro box. Anyhow the sheet is shaping up to be amazing, keep up the good work and do speak up if you need help! Lots of folks looking to help here on the forums. :D

Edited 1516746167
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jake W. said: Scott, I was wondering if you plan to add a Misc mod for carry weight calculations? In the core book the Consumer and Industrial Backpack increase one's effective STR when properly worn on the back by 1 and 2 respectively. Also will the next version allow for macros in the various misc calculation sections? Mayhaps I'm asking for to much, or asking for something that people have asked for a dozen times and you've answered just as many and/or it's a planned feature soon/in the future, but I tend to skip to the last page without reading those that came before, finding they are often out of date. Anyhow the sheet is shaping up to be amazing, keep up the good work and do speak up if you need help! Lots of folks looking to help here on the forums. :D Handling for the backpacks is already in, you just apply it directly to the encumber_bulk or overburden_bulk attributes: Consumer Backpack +1 to overburden_bulk Industrial Backpack +1 to encumber_bulk +2 to overburden_bulk If the buff handling is working as intended, you can ignore the underscores, and just use spaces. As for the macros, it depends on what you mean by macros and when you want the calculation to be handled. If you just want to reference other attributes on the sheet and those attributes evaluate to a number (e.g. @{strength_mod}, @{encumber_bulk}, but not @{character_name}), you can use them in buffs currently, and they will be applied to any buffable field. If you want to reference an attribute on another character's sheet, an attribute on your sheet that doesn't resolve to a number, or want to use a roll query; the buff handling will recognize that it can't parse it, and will then put the entire expression into the _misc attribute associated with the buff target if the target is something that is used in a roll (e.g. acrobatics, but not eac) (incidentally, adding this functionality is why the acp of armor is no longer accounted for in skill rolls, but still shows up correctly on the sheet - obviously fixing this in the next update). Because the sheetworkers can't reference data in another character's sheet, this is the best I can do. And of course, this is how it is supposed to work, let me know if it isn't. EDIT: Also, the keep highest/lowest roll syntax and the floor() and ceil() math functions are accepted as well.

Edited 1516820208
Lessy
Plus
Alright thanks for the info, but I'm curious, while I can edit those values in attributes why not add a misc box or two to allow people to do so without having to dig through the attributes list? I know other sheets have ways to manually adjust carry weight caluculations, like the Pathfinder sheet. Is it simply a limit due to how the sheet is designed? Also with syntax and all I tried adding the following to the misc. box of one of my skills; ceil((@{class-0-level}+2)/4) and all it did was delete the text and set the boxes value to 0.

Edited 1516821209
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
What was the syntax you were using? Should have been (for acrobatics as an example): +ceil((@{class-0-level}+2)/4) to acrobatics As for the design question. It's a matter of trying to reduce the number of attributes while also allowing buffs/conditions to be handled easily.
That makes sense. But what about my name suggestion? Aka removing names from macro boxes as the way Roll20 works effectively makes them redundant.

Edited 1516849105
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sorry, I missed that in your last post. While it isn't very useful if you only have a single character under your control, it becomes much more useful when you have multiple characters under your control (say a mechanic and his drone) or for the GM rolling multiple NPC's. I'll think about adding an option in the settings for displaying/not displaying the name. I should also note that in the next update, the editable macro text is going to dissappear. This is because keeping editable macro text up to date with sheet updates is nearly impossible (see some of the Pathfinder sheet's problems for examples). In exchange there will be an attacher field that will be added to a macro at the end of the macro. You can override template fields by repeating them here, add api commands, etc. As for the help. If you are interested in helping with the sheet, PM me on Roll20 , or on Discord(Kurohyou#6213)
Lost this page, and just now found it. If I may bother, is this still in alpha, or does this have a public release yet?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It is still alpha Matthew, however, I'm getting close to releasing it as a beta which will be submitted to the repository, and hopefully accepted
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Bug Fixes, Starships, Now Entering Beta New Features Starship Sheet is Live! Automatic handling for system statuses. Link your starship to your character for easy rolling of ship related skills. Enter character names of those fulfilling each role. Separate multiple entries with a comma. If using an NPC ship, enter skill/npc name to be used followed by +/-X and separate multiple skills/npc names with a comma. Internal Compendium Proof of Concept There is now an internal compendium of all of the CRB equipment. Items will be added to your inventory with all stats (including mods) properly configured for the sheet Weapons will add attacks as well (including parsing of solarion weapon crystals - Weapon crystal attacks display very ugly on the sheet atm) Changes/Additions to Existing Features Ability and Spell fields are now buffable (DC, attack, damage) Caster Level is now displayed on the spells sheet, and is buffable (buffing caster level will not affect what spell levels are displayed) Encumbrance now applies the appropriate maximum dexterity and ACP effects. Bug Fixes Attack attribute dropdowns do not default to @{strength} correctly NPC initiative is not rolling properly - need to add handling for misc so it equals the init mod - the ability score. Saves same as initiative Same for acrobatics ACP is not included in skill rolls Pseudo tabs don't work in chrome Known Issues There is an issue with how the windows version of chrome handles the sheet's styling. The corner border highlights for sections do not place correctly in Windows Chrome. Project Status The user's guide will be updated in the next few days. This marks the start of stage 4 of the sheet's development, otherwise known as the beta. The sheet has been submitted to the repo. If it is accepted, it should show up as an option in your game settings some time next week (just in time for Valentine's Day). A new Character Sheets Forum Thread has been created for the Starfinder HUD now that it is moving to a public release. All further updates on the Roll20 Community Forums will be through that thread. The Starfinder Github Repository has been reformatted. There is now a production branch (versions of the sheet that have been submitted to the Roll20 repo), and a development branch(WIP code).