Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Starfinder [ALPHA - WIP] Discussion Thread

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Regarding the locations for effects, yes there will be other sections for other sources, equipment is just the only section complete. As for the tooltip, it's certainly possible.
Is there a way we could use the sheet as is for a game currently? I'm attempting to run the Dead Suns AP but the current sheets are, of course, lacking.
My group would be very interested in your sheet as well Scott. We're starting up a campaign on 9/16 and would love to be early Beta Testers for you. We have 5 players + our GM. Please let us know! I love how this is shaping up.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Once I get at least the PC sheet sections finished, I'd be happy to give access to the code for those that want to use it in it's unfinished state. I think that I will have the sheet to this point sometime this weekend (I just finished the first pass at the buffs section).

Edited 1504804543
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Alpha Sheet Update 20170907 1210 CST New Features - Buff section enabled Bug Fixes - Profession roll fixed (note that a display error has been introduced now where the buff arrow is not displayed) - Fort roll displaying acrobatics title fixed. Known Issues - If a buff (from item or buff section) references an attribute (e.g. @{level}/2), that calculation is not updated properly when that attribute is changed if that attribute is not the change that triggered the sheetworker - The profession mod display bug mentioned above
Scott C. said: Once I get at least the PC sheet sections finished, I'd be happy to give access to the code for those that want to use it in it's unfinished state. I think that I will have the sheet to this point sometime this weekend (I just finished the first pass at the buffs section). I don't know about anyone else, but I would love access.
i would also love access Scott thank you so much for doing this for us  
Scott C. said: Once I get at least the PC sheet sections finished, I'd be happy to give access to the code for those that want to use it in it's unfinished state. I think that I will have the sheet to this point sometime this weekend (I just finished the first pass at the buffs section). this sounds amazing would love to get my hands on it as well.
Could use a chat text box upgrade. letters would be better if they used a different font that is thicker. looks good otherwise.

Edited 1504870795
Hey Scott,   Sheet is looking and great and love the ease of use. Couple of issues I am running into is HP.  I built a Kasatha Mechanic placing 4hp on race part and 6hp under class section. It will add them initially but after adding a buff to anything or messing with any other box HP changes to only the class amount. I can go back and change either HP number and it will add them again until you mess with another field. Also for SP it is not maintaining saving your con modifier. Also a small thing but could you make overburden_bulk a mod field since consumer and industrial backpacks add +1/+2 to your strength score for purposes of determining encumbrance this would be nice for someone with a backpack under equipment.  Of course if it is already I haven't been able to make it work. It is looking great and keep up the great work.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the feedback Travis. Sorry for the bugs, thought I had fixed those. For the backpack, sure thing. I haven't gone through the equipment section of the crb with a fine tooth comb yet.

Edited 1504894767
Hey Scott,  Thanks for all your hardwork! I am really looking forward to having this sheet. I have a game that starts this Tuesday. Is there anyway I could access when/if you get it done this weekend. Thanks so much man! Justin 
Scott, I am going to echo what everyone else above has said and ask for access to the sheets once you feel like it is in a good enough spot. I have made my own (really rough) sheet, but would prefer to use the one that you have made. BTW after playing around with the alpha sheet, I really like it. Excellent work!
Guys, while I won't speak for Scott C., I will say, when the sheets are ready, I'm sure he'll grant access. Until then, excited as we all are (including me), be patient. :D
One quick question. Is it possible to give it a "monster" or "npc" option that streamlines it down to basics? I'm sure thats its own whole problem to tackle but it would make it much more useful for GMs. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That is planned,as well as a starship option
:) Tom
Hey Scott, Another slight bug report. Updating the character's ability scores/bonus do not translate down to the attacks until you open the attacks for editing then close them again.  Is this intended behavior?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Jon, No, that's not how it should work. I'm reworking the sheetworkers to solve a few other problems. This should fix this issue as well.
Still here and keeping an eye on updates as they come out. Incredible work, Scott! If there's anything else I can help out with, do let me know! I've done a good bit of tinkering with the page, but I feel most of the bugs I've encountered have already been brought to attention. Cheers!
Hey Scott, I really appreciate all of the work you've put into this and I really like it so far my group is excited for this to get released since we just had our first starfinder session last night and we all missed out macros. I don't know how much of the design/section placement you had left/if you were still planning on doing any, but if I could make a recommendation, it might be nice to move the languages section to it's own little box with a couple lines, because it gets pretty cramped pretty quick if you have a high Intelligence character or are just from a world with a really long name, ie. Castrovellan, my suggestion would be just a small bubble either beneath skills or equipment if you want to keep it as tight as possible. Thanks once again for all of the time you've put into this.
I am very glad you are working on this! First time DMing in a long time and was sad to see there was not a sheet for Roll20. My players are going to be happy when this comes out
I Like the overall Layout, but the font seems like a little too small. 
How do we get this Starfinder sheet?  It's not in the drop down menu of sheets, but look perfect!
DouM said: How do we get this Starfinder sheet?  It's not in the drop down menu of sheets, but look perfect! It hasn't been released yet. Scott said he may get it ready for a beta release this weekend, but depends on his workload. 
looking great I look forward to checking it out
Scott, you look like you've been putting in some mad work dude, keep it up. If you need any other testers I am totally down!

Edited 1505151092
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sheet Update Unfortunately, I spent the weekend chasing down bugs in the sheet to make sure that the code that future sections will rely on is stable and accurate. This means that the abilities/spells pages have not been worked on yet. On the plus side, as part of this bug hunt, a few missing features of the core page were added. Fixes Attributes and bonuses now correctly calculate based on changes made by the current iteration of the sheetworker. This also fixes the problem where attack attributes were not updating correctly on ability score change and the missing racial hp. Added Features Max Dex handling can now apply bonuses to eac and kac with one expression can now specify multiple target attributes of a buff effect Weapon proficiency, specialization, and weapon group handling Coming Features Apply bonuses to all skills, skills based on attribute basis, weapon groups. Abilities Page Spells Page Settings Page
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
Scott C. said: Sheet Update Coming Features Apply bonuses to all skills, skills based on attribute basis, weapon groups. Abilities Page Spells Page Settings Page And Starship Page too right...? 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Oh, yeah, that's just the immediate priority list
Hey Scott, some more testing on the sheet and a few more bugs that are appearing for me.  - SP still is not adding CON mod - Class and Level are not showing on the character info tab after being updated/added to the class info tab - Wealth for some reason is adding different amounts.  First item I did was as second skin with cost of 250 and it changed wealth from 0 to 62250, changed it to a backpack with a cost of 3 and it made wealth 9.  when adding multiple items it does some funky additions. - For attacks, does not seem to be adding the attack bonus or the damage bonus fields when a value is entered  A few thoughts for improvement.  Possibly make it where you can mark all class skills for the class but not have it add the +3 value unless you have 1 or more ranks in the skill.  This would allow players to know what is a class skill as leveling stead of constantly using the book as well. Also perhaps display a - under total skill modifier for required training skills that have no ranks, so the player knows they cannot attempt the skill.  Or an option to turn this feature on/off in case a GM house-rules all skills are attempt-able. I think that's it for now. Keep up the awesome work and it is coming along great.  I love the buffs section on how easy it is to add modifiers to most fields.

Edited 1505215129
Wow awesome thanks for doing the sheet
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Cheeky mod edit to the title - Should help direct people here to discuss the sheet :)

Edited 1505246297
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Ziechael, I kept meaning to ask one of you to do that ;) @travis thanks for the bug reports, I changed the way the sheet workers handle things and apparently missed some calculations.  See below for detailed response.
Hey! Where can I get the alpha/beta of this? I am creating a new SF campaign and don't have it in my Sheet options. Would absolutely love to get on board with this :) Thanks for making this!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Mathieu, The sheet is not yet in the repository. You can see how the sheet is currently working in the beta game, but I have not yet released it for general use. Once I get the PC sheet done, I will release it for beta use by pro users (as it will require custom sheet access).
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Travis K. said: Hey Scott, some more testing on the sheet and a few more bugs that are appearing for me.  - SP still is not adding CON mod I'm starting to think that SP and con just don't like me ;) . I'll get this one figured out though. - Class and Level are not showing on the character info tab after being updated/added to the class info ta Gah, missed that. Thanks. - Wealth for some reason is adding different amounts.  First item I did was as second skin with cost of 250 and it changed wealth from 0 to 62250, changed it to a backpack with a cost of 3 and it made wealth 9.  when adding multiple items it does some funky additions I had apparently put an incorrect attribute call in. This is fixed in the next alpha version. - For attacks, does not seem to be adding the attack bonus or the damage bonus fields when a value is entered  Hmm, gonna have to look into this. It shouldn't add the attack bonus field to the attack total (just not enough space, should be taken into account in the actual roll), but the damage one should be displayed. A few thoughts for improvement.  Possibly make it where you can mark all class skills for the class but not have it add the +3 value unless you have 1 or more ranks in the skill.  This would allow players to know what is a class skill as leveling stead of constantly using the book as well. This is how it is supposed to work. The functionality got lost in my sheetworker rework, I'll add this to my list of bugs. Also perhaps display a - under total skill modifier for required training skills that have no ranks, so the player knows they cannot attempt the skill.  Or an option to turn this feature on/off in case a GM house-rules all skills are attempt-able. Yep, I'm planning handling for trained required skills. Just haven't found a descriptive icon I like well enough yet. If you have ideas, send them on in :) I think that's it for now. Keep up the awesome work and it is coming along great.  I love the buffs section on how easy it is to add modifiers to most fields.
I've been working on a sheet myself for a campaign, it is based off the pathfinder necroses sheet that is currently in use. let me know if you guys want me to help with the one you are working on or vice versa.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Whew, that's a beast of code to modify Gryzaldr.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Travis K. said: - For attacks, does not seem to be adding the attack bonus or the damage bonus fields when a value is entered  Hi Travis, I can't replicate this. Can you give me some more info on what you are seeing? Also: Sheet Update Fixes Class skill bonus only added if ranks in that skill Con mod is finally added to SP Class/Level Summary now updates correctly Wealth totalling fixed Upcoming Features - Unchanged Apply bonuses to all skills, skills based on attribute basis, weapon groups. Abilities Page Spells Page Settings Page

Edited 1505264428
Scott C. said: Travis K. said: - For attacks, does not seem to be adding the attack bonus or the damage bonus fields when a value is entered  Hi Travis, I can't replicate this. Can you give me some more info on what you are seeing? Hey Scott,    So this is a screen shot of a weapon with  the add on and then the roll what it shows for the attack.  Take a look at the laser rifle, azimuth and then in the chat bubbles the black part showing the attack roll.  From what it looks liek it isn't even showing the attribute mod unless it looks like its all part of the d20 die roll.  Thanks. This is for the damage; seems to only effect when you pick an attribute to add to the damage as well but if leave NA the bonus damage works fine. Also might want to look at the quick display  where shows weapon, atk mod and damage. Thanks again for all your hard work Scott.
You are an amazing human being, thank you! Where can we buy you a beer/coffee?
Is this open for public use yet? I've been watching the thread for a bit and I'm super impressed at how quickly you've been putting together the sheet!

Edited 1505267835
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
@Travis K. Ah, ok, This is an issue where I need to change the styling. (Meant to do this with the last udpate). The attack and damage bonus fields in the weapon are not preceded by a '+' in the macro. Instead the bonus field should be whatever you want in there. This allows more complicated expressions to be put in there. Replace your '85' with '+85'. Also, something I completely forgot to mention in the last couple updates that the macro text has changed. Delete the macro text of all weapons and then minimize them to reset the macro text (simply tabbing out of the macro text field may also work). These together should fix the issues. EDIT: This styling change has been applied to the sheet to more accurately represent how the macro actually works.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Not yet, McNikles, I'll be opening it up for an independent alpha for pro users once the whole pc sheet is completed (pro users only because it will require access to custom sheets)
Thanks so much for doing this. I saw there wasn't a sheet and thought I'd try my hand at figuring out how to make one. I looked into the details, started doing research and nope nope nope nope nope.  Spreadsheets are more my game. So thanks. This is probably nitpicky, but I feel like it's a bit much for me to remember the syntax for adding KAC and EAC to my armor section. I was staring at the equipment I'd added and wondering why it wasn't updating properly for a minute or two before I realized: 1) I needed to change my equipment from CARRIED to EQUIPPED 2) I was saying '+12 to armor eac' instead of '+12 armor to eac' If I'm having trouble with this, there's no way I can expect my players to remember it. It just means I'll be filling out and updating their sheets for them. There's an attacks section. Have you considered a dedicated armor section? I think I understand the reason for having a way to add to your ac from a text box since more than armor can affect your armor class (magic items, mods, etc). Just wish the syntax was more forgiving or there was an obvious BOX I could fill in. Too much trouble? No worries. Already more than I could have done. I'm looking forward to the finished product so I can start running my game.
Nickel's Starship sheet is wonderful, we've been using it for a couple weeks. My biggest question about Starfinder in Roll20 is: how will we handle the fact that ships & characters use two different combat systems, two different types of maps (I know roll20 can do hex/square settings on individual pages, so that's partly answered), and two different character sheets?  Quite a pickle. Also, while we eagerly await the opportunity to test/break Scott's Starfinder Sheet, has anyone started work on a ship sheet? Is there any game in roll20 that has a similar enough starship combat system that it could be used in roll20 right now? We're using the pf sheet for starfinder currently until Scott's lovely creation is public.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heh, there will be a starship sheet option for the sheet.
Hey Scott, doing some more testing on your alpha game going through skills and ran into some issues. When you attempt to add a buff to disguise and sleight of hand, neither will add to the skill.  Also disguise stops completely adding class skill value or ranks after you attempt to place a buff on the skill.  Disguise works fine prior to trying to make a buff but once you create a buff to disguise it stops. Profession is not adding class skill value or ranks to the total. Also have tried adding a buff to initiative and does not work.  Not sure if that field has been enabled for buffs yet but would be nice for Operative's Edge ability. Keep up the great work and sorry for keep throwing more bugs at you but I know that's why you have the alpha site up for us to dig in and locate these things. Thanks again for all your hard work on this sheet.
Hey Scott, This post is ;TLDR, but I noticed that you mentioned something about character abilities and calculations. In case you hadn't thought of it, a way to select key ability (each class has their own, some duplicate) will be necessary for calculation of Resolve points. I am doing it with a radio button, but linking it to a selected class might be possible too. Just something that came up in my work.