Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[SF] Starfinder HUD - Thread 1

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, all of the misc attributes should not be used with a + before them, and I just realized I gave the wrong syntax for that trick attack check above - sorry about that. I've edited the post above to reflect what it should actually be, which is: In your attack description : Trick Attack: [[1d20+@{ skill _ranks}+@{ skill _class_skill}+@{ skill _ability}@{ skill _misc}+ bonus to trick attack check if applicable ]] [Trick Attack](~ Character Name |repeating_ability_$X_roll) <--- replace the X with the position of your trick attack ability (remember the numbering starts at 0, not 1)
Apparently skyfonts didn't auto start today, so that explains the font issue.  Thanks for pointing that out :)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
np, I really do need to get the sheet looking better when not using the special font.
So where does the second part of that go with the repeating ability?  in the weapon attack entry in the description?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
yep, just put it below the roll, then you can click the trick attack ability from chat instead of having to output another chat menu or switch to the sheet
Hey There Scott, Just wanted to let you know in the CRB Equipment the Needler Pistol seems to be missing from the list.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks blaez, I'll look into getting that fixed. With the recent announcement of the Roll20 h- Paizo licensing deal, I'm hoping we'll get an actual compendium which will replace the internal.
Oh snap I didn't know that. That would be so amazing when it happens, hopefully Starfinder will be included.
Is there a way to use a roll result as a variable? For example if someone succeeds at a saving throw from Supernova they take half damage.  
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is unfortunately beyond the scope of Roll20 macros. Simply put that the save result is half damage.
Is there anyway to lower the full attack penality with an ability for Multi-Weapon Fighting Feat? I keep trying to do +1 to full_attack_penalty but its having no impact on the rolls..
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yes, open the full attack details for your attack, enter your penalty in the field there.
No way to do it from the Mod section of an Ability.. has to be done Manually for each weapon attack?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Currently yes
Grand cheers, would you know if there is a way to only grant additional points to a skill at a particular level? like an if statement?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Umm, what ability are you replicating?
Bypass for Exocortex, +1 to Computers and Engineering at level 1 and then +1 starting at level 5 for every 4 levels therefore after.

Edited 1519773351
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
oh, a scaling bonus. Yeah, you can do math expressions in the buffs: +1+floor((@{class_X_level}-1)/4) insight to computers and engineering <--- Note that this equation will result in an incorrect value of 0 at levels 1-4 +1+{floor((@{class_X_level}-1)/4)d1,0d0}kh1 insight to computers and engineering <--- This will do the proper progression at all levels, but won't display a buff on the sheet currently - only showing an effect when you roll.
I tried the first one there, worked pretty good and still did the +1 for the first 1-4 levels and then +2 at level 5. What exactly does +floor do?

Edited 1519773172
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Floor rounds the result of the expression inside it's parentheses to the lowest integer (essentially getting rid of decimals). See the  roll20 math functions for more details. EDIT: also, I'm an idiot, the first one wouldn't cause any problems because your level is only ever going to be 1 minimum.

Edited 1519773829
Cheers lol on to my next brick wall of figuring out how to do something... now its how to make my BAB = my character level. When enabling an ability.

Edited 1519774175
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Exocortex combat tracking? See further up in the thread for the appropriate buff formula. EDIT: Sorry, that was in a PM that I answered that question, not the thread. Combat tracking would be handled with this: +@{class_X_level}-floor(@{class_X_bab}*@{class_X_level}) to attack <--- You could replace the class specific bab with 0.75 for a mechanic.
Ah thats grand, works issue, adds like an unknown addition to the roll it looks like. Awesome!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, you could tag it with a descriptor: +@{class_X_level}-floor(@{class_X_bab}*@{class_X_level}) BAB to attack
Hey, first, I'm loving the sheet.  It's awesome work! Now, I have a question about operative melee weapons.  I noticed that it's set to make weapons with the 'Operative' category receive only half specialization bonus as it's supposed to be.  But when I add operative weapons, the 'Operative' tag is in the @{special} slot, it's not the @{category} slot.  So the operative weapons are still getting full level Specialization bonus.  Am I missing something about the way this works, and this is actually correct? Or should the 'Operative' tag be moved to the @{category} instead of @{special}? I've modified the weapons currently equipped by my players to have the 'Operative' @{category}, but it's still defaulting to just 'Basic melee weapon' if anyone adds a new weapon that should be operative.  (At least for the knives.  Admittedly, I've not looked at more than the knives that should have the 'operative' tag).
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
ThankskKSffor pointing that out Ryan. I'll look into a fix.
Scott C. said: oh, a scaling bonus. Yeah, you can do math expressions in the buffs: +1+floor((@{class_X_level}-1)/4) insight to computers and engineering <--- Note that this equation will result in an incorrect value of 0 at levels 1-4 +1+{floor((@{class_X_level}-1)/4)d1,0d0}kh1 insight to computers and engineering <--- This will do the proper progression at all levels, but won't display a buff on the sheet currently - only showing an effect when you roll. Would this equation work for range that increases at certain levels? Example is Supernova again since the range increases at 9th to 15ft, and 17th to 20ft?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sure, you would just put it in inline brackets inside the range field: [[10+({0,@{class_X_level}}>9)*5+({0,@{class_X_level}}>17)*5]]

Edited 1519864139
I noticed that for the NPC character sheet the value of the d20 roll is always 0 when attacking melee or ranged. It does the damage correctly.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Can you give me a little more info Blaez? Maybe a screen cap of the issue, I'm not seeing it in my game using the live code.
Tried rolling twice just to make sure
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Blaez, can you do another 0 roll, and then press up in chat and paste the macro code that is generated here?
@{Vesvund |whisper_state}&{template:sf_attack}{{name=@{Vesvund |character_name}}} {{characterid=@{Vesvund |character_id}}} {{title=Fangblade}} {{level=[[[[7]]d1cs>2cf>2]]}} {{fullattack=[[?{Full Attack|No,0|Yes,1}*(2)]]}} {{r1name=Fangblade}} {{r1=[[1d20+22[BAB]+@{Vesvund |strength_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+[[?{Full Attack|No,0|Yes,1}*(-4)]][FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage1type=Slashing}} {{damage1=[[2d10+18+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]]]}} {{crit1damage=[[2d10+18+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]]]}} {{crit1effect=Burn [[2d8]]}} {{r2name=Fangblade}} {{r2=[[1d20+22[BAB]+@{Vesvund |strength_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+[[-4]][FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage2type=Slashing}} {{damage2=[[2d10+18+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]]]}} {{crit2damage=[[2d10+18+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]]]}} {{crit2effect=Burn [[2d8]]}} {{r3name=Fangblade}} {{r3=[[1d20+22[BAB]+@{Vesvund |strength_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+-4[FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage3type=Slashing}} {{damage3=[[2d10+18+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]]]}} {{crit3damage=[[2d10+18+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]]]}} {{crit3effect=Burn [[2d8]]}} {{r4name=Fangblade}} {{r4=[[1d20+22[BAB]+@{Vesvund |strength_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+-4[FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage4type=Slashing}} {{damage4=[[2d10+18+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]]]}} {{crit4damage=[[2d10+18+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]]]}} {{crit4effect=Burn [[2d8]]}} {{r5name=Fangblade}} {{r5=[[1d20+22[BAB]+@{Vesvund |strength_mod}[ABILITY]+0[PROF]+-4[FULL ATTACK]]]}} {{damage5type=Slashing}} {{damage5=[[2d10+18+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]]]}} {{crit5damage=[[2d10+18+0[ABILITY]+0[SPEC]]]}} {{crit5effect=Burn [[2d8]]}} {{range=5}} {{ammo_type=}} {{curr_ammo=}} {{rightbanner=}} {{notes=}}
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, ok not sure what the heck is going on. Can you vault that character into the beta game, and I'll put it in my dev game to see what's up.
I've got the character vaulted under an account I pmed you on.
is there anyway to automaticly flag yes to full attack when calling an attack with a macro?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
In the attack, simply open the addl attack options and set it to always roll a full attack. If you mean by calling it via %{selected|repeating_attack...} and having it do different behavior, it's possible - will just take a little extra macro code.
Ya I didn't want to change the attack options, incase I wanted to either do a single attack with 1 weapon because I had to move or do something. And have a macro to use both 1 and 2 small arms but it not always ask me whether to do a full attack, just to automatically set it to full attack. I have the macro working at the moment but I can't find a way to flag the fullattack in the macro.
Hey Scott C. First of All, GREAT WORK! That sheet its fantastic (hope that other authors use yours as references) I have a question about the Ammo. Is there a way to track the ammo usage on the attack section? (some api or macro) Keep the great work. Thanks a lot!

Edited 1519930118
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Danny, The attacks default to asking you if you want to full attack or single attack each attack. Leave it as the default, or set it back to query, and it will do what you want. Mateus, Thanks for trying the sheet. The sheet is certainly compatible with API scripts. Using chatSetAttr, or Aaron's Ammo script should work. Note that I haven't actually used them with the sheet.

Edited 1519935292
Cheers, just wanted to see whether I could keep Query on, but when running a macro for 2 weapon attack, it would automaticly set Full Attack Flag to yes.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, I see. Unfortunately not due to the Roll20 order of operations.
Could a duel weapon attack not be something to add to any future update to the character sheet?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It's something I've been considering how best to handle for a while now since NPC multiattacks suffer from the same problem. I haven't solved it yet, and not sure if or when it'll make it in.
Not sure if this is something Roll20 can do but is there a way to after a character uses an item and does damage, it will give the d20 roll for another weapon a +2? It's the Opening Volley feat.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
An API script could be programmed to do that, but the sheet itself is not able to.
Is there a way you could use the Attacher tag to display an additional field on the roll template that represents a longer description? (So for example, for the default description field I can put the short description of the spell, and when actually rolled the full description is listed.)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You can put the full description in the description field. Only a few lines of it will be displayed on the sheet, but the whole description will be displayed in a scrollable window in the outputted template.
Is it possible to use the CRIT field of a weapon in order to trigger a chat command or macro? I'm attempting to trigger an /fx call on a crit for lasers and I haven't figured out how to / if possible to escape the dice roller into a macro call.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Steven, that's beyond the capabilities of a character sheet. I do have a script for that though (ymmv with fx). Check out the customizable roll listener.