Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[SF] Starfinder HUD - Thread 1

Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Nick, I'm not seeing a problem with dashed character names. Also, found the css error with the daily uses.

Edited 1521520707
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
v0.041521519076 Accessible Daily Uses and Crews Acting Out Bug Fixes The daily uses fields for abilities were not styled correctly. They can now be accessed and edited. The menus for NPC starships had a typo in their macros resulting in an inability to roll checks for most crew positions.
Hey there, great sheet! So I'm new to Starfinder so my understanding my be incorrect (and feel free to correct me if so) but from what I can tell the corebook says that for Gunner checks you should be able to choose between using your bab or your gunner's ranks in Piloting: "Gunnery Check = 1d20 + the gunner’s base attack bonus or the gunner’s ranks in the Piloting skill + the gunner’s Dexterity modifier + bonuses from computer systems + bonuses from the captain and science officers + range penalty" And right now it seems to always grab your bab. Would it be possible to add a prompt on ship gun attacks like the "Fire at will" and "Use Computer" prompts for something like "Use which bonus?" with the options being "Base attack bonus" or "Piloting"?

Edited 1521566022
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Welcome to Starfinder Sol, and thanks for using the HUD. The sheet uses the highest of your gunner's bab or piloting ranks (cause, when would you not want that?), so no prompt necessary.
Ah, ok I see where my confusion was, I was interpreting it as taking your character's Piloting total,  not specifically the number of ranks assigned. My piloting total is +13 for me: 2 ranks, 3 class skill, 5 dex, 3 from Skill focus, so that's why I was confused. Thanks for clearing that up!
Hello, I have two questions real quick: 1. Is the import function for SRD stat-blocks functional? if so, how exactly does it work. 2. Is there any way to make the sheets refresh less often, it causes some performance issues on me and my players machines. Its almost entirely the Inventory that causes it, since ship and NPC sheets don't get this tremendous slowdown. I'd love to hear a reply soon, love the sheet you've made regardless. Its really good stuff, keep it up!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi vyklade, yes the statblock importer feature is live. What statblocks have you tried it with? I'm always looking for statblocks that may not work with it. for number 2. Adding logic so that only what needs to be updated is updated after any given change is on the to do list.
Scott C. said: Hi vyklade, yes the statblock importer feature is live. What statblocks have you tried it with? I'm always looking for statblocks that may not work with it. for number 2. Adding logic so that only what needs to be updated is updated after any given change is on the to do list. I've tried with the Huge elemental <a href="http://www.starjammersrd.com/game-mastering/besti" rel="nofollow">http://www.starjammersrd.com/game-mastering/besti</a>... (or any elemental variant) and none of them seem to work. Others like the Young Blue dragon dont work either. On an additional note: Does the Ammo max/current auto-decrease at all? Or is it expected that you manually tic it down yourself?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The character sheets are not able to auto decrease things in reaction to a roll being done, this requires an API script (Pro Perk). I'll take a look at those and see what's up. Thanks for the report.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vyklade, can you paste the statblock as you have edited it for compatibility based on the instructions in the manual?
Scott C. said: The character sheets are not able to auto decrease things in reaction to a roll being done, this requires an API script (Pro Perk). I'll take a look at those and see what's up. Thanks for the report. sad days, Scott C. said: Vyklade, can you paste the statblock as you have edited it for compatibility based on the instructions in the manual? <a href="https://pastebin.com/Ak7FbvTt" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/Ak7FbvTt</a> here's the one that got my head scratching the hardest, and here's the small elemental one <a href="https://pastebin.com/rcyKif9w" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/rcyKif9w</a>
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for those vyklade, they helped me track down an erroneous section of the regex that is used to extract the character info. The fix will be in the next merge day. There is also one additional piece of editing that those statblocks need; remove the parentheses around the CR.

Edited 1521863401
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
v0.041521862936 Importing elementals and dragons Bug Fixes Fixed regex pattern that wasn't recognizing some statblocks
I was looking at this and installed it on my game. I noticed that the weapons were adding the x2 critical damage, but I couldn't figure out how to add the additional damage ie: Curve blade, Carbon steel will calculate the 2d10 for the initial critical damage, but won't add it the 1d6 of bleed damage.&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You would add any critical effects to the crit effects field (wrap any rolls in inline brackets).
I cannot seem to get them to roll correctly.&nbsp; so I am including a screenshot. I have tried this every way that I can think off. Can you include an example?&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sure, inline roll brackets are double square brackets. Try this: [[1d6]] bleed
Sorry to put up so many posts. Thank you for the response. I will try it when I get home. I did notice that when I tried copying over Stat blocks from the AP. They would only import the name. I wasn't sure if it was formatted correctly or not. I didn't really see any page breaks that needed correctly, but then again I suppose I didn't know what the proper in line brackets were either. If the user manual a picture of the proper format it would be really helpful.&nbsp;

Edited 1522166959
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The user manual references (or at least should) the&nbsp; Space Goblin Monark as an example of a properly formatted statblock. There was a bug in the parser that was causing some issues. The fix for it was merged this morning and should go live sometime today. When copying from the pdfs, make sure that you remove the line breaks that are introduced due to the page formatting and layout. If your statblocks still aren't importing later today, PM me your edited statblock and I'll see if there's something about it that the parser isn't handling properly.
I was able to get it to import the Space goblin monark as a test and noticed that the melee bite attack did not get attached to the sheet.&nbsp; I also tested with the CR 4 Ksarik and it wouldn't attach the Thorn attack or rather it attached as part of the acid attack. I tried moving to a new line of its own, but that only caused it to not attach any attacks.&nbsp; KSARIK CR 4 XP 1,200 N Large plant Init +1; Senses blindsense (scent) 30 ft., low-light vision; Perception +10 DEFENSE HP 52 RP 3 EAC 16; KAC 18 Fort +8; Ref +6; Will +3 Defensive Abilities fast healing 2; Immunities plant immunities OFFENSE Speed 40 ft., climb 40 ft. Melee tentacle +12 (1d6+9 B plus ingested adaptation) Ranged acid spit +9 (1d4+4 Acid) thorn dart +9 (1d6+4 P plus carrion spores) Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft. Offensive Abilities ingested adaptation STATISTICS Str +5; Dex +1; Con +3; Int –3; Wis +1; Cha –1 Skills Acrobatics +10, Athletics +15 (+23 when climbing), Survival +10 SPECIAL ABILITIES Acid Spit (Ex) As a standard action once every 1d4 rounds, a ksarik can spit a glob of acid at a target within 60 feet. Ingested Adaptation (Su) Whenever a ksarik deals damage to a living creature with its tentacles, it siphons off a portion of the target’s genetic code and psychic resonance, temporarily reshaping its own physiology and psychology to match its victim’s. This grants the ksarik one of the following abilities (provided the target has it) for 1 minute: blindsense (up to 60 feet), blindsight (up to 60 feet), darkvision (up to 60 feet), damage reduction (up to 5/—), resistance to one type of energy damage (up to 20 points), burrow (up to 40 feet), fly (up to 40 feet, with maximum average maneuverability), swim (up to 40 feet), or water breathing. Alternatively, the ksarik can gain the ability to understand (but not speak) up to three languages that the target knows, gain the target’s weapon proficiencies (its tentacles can operate two-handed weapons in this state), or change the damage dealt by its acid spit ability to any one energy type dealt by one of the target’s supernatural attacks. A ksarik can maintain only one adaptation at a time, and gaining a new adaptation ends the previous one. A ksarik can spend 1 Resolve Point to extend the duration of an ongoing benefit by 8 hours. It can also spend 1 Resolve Point to gain a second adaptation and sustain them both simultaneously. Thorn Dart (Ex) A ksarik can fire one of its thorns as a ranged attack. The dart has a range of 100 feet, deals piercing damage, and exposes the target to carrion spores. Carrion Spores Type disease (injury); Save Fortitude DC 13 Track physical; Frequency 1/day; Cure 2 consecutive saves Effect When an infected creature reaches the comatose state, 1d10+10 Diminutive ksarik seedlings burrow out of its flesh and wriggle away. This ends the disease and deals 1 piercing damage for each ksarik seedling. ECOLOGY Environment temperate or warm forests Organization solitary, pack (2–5), or infestation (6–11) Ksariks’ ancestors lived as mindless, animate plants that scavenged for food and sprouted their seedlings within corpses, rarely posing more than an incidental threat to other species. Millennia of ongoing strife between the planet’s formians and lashuntas bombarded these primeval ksariks with psychic energy, and only decades before the two factions’ recent peace deal, the plants began exhibiting rudimentary intelligence and a predatory drive. In an unsettlingly small number of generations, ksariks have developed a pack mentality, low cunning, and the preternatural ability to adopt competitors’ strengths. A typical ksarik is a 12-foot-long quadruped made up of dense plant matter, including specialized tissues such as powerful tendons, woody internal supports that resemble bones, and flexible sheets of lignin that serve as a form of armor. Its head is immense and stocky, comprising approximately a dozen feeding tendrils that obscure its underdeveloped mouthparts. Its eyestalks project from either side of its head, providing a wide range of vision that sacrifices much of its ability to see targets immediately in front of it. To make up for this, a ksarik’s feeding tendrils are covered in an array of unusual sensory organs: some can discern the source of smells, while others sense movement and changes in light. Originally occupying a niche between decomposers and scavengers, ksariks adapted to sniff out carrion and digest every piece of a rotting corpse. A ksarik’s body produces a steady supply of several different acids that help it break down food into a more manageable form, and modern ksariks regularly employ these acids in self-defense and hunting. The plants also have numerous thorns that grow along their legs and back. Botanists theorize that these also served as self-defense when the ksariks were slower-moving creatures that resided lower on the food chain. Now, however, ksariks use these thorns as a form of reproduction, firing them into live prey and infecting those creatures with spores that gradually grow into nascent ksariks that feed on the host, and then painfully burrow out of the flesh days later. The spores must be fertilized beforehand in a process that resembles sexual congress between two ksariks, leaving both with a supply of seeds that remain viable for months afterward. The most fearsome of the ksarik’s abilities is its capability of extracting and assimilating other creatures’ genetic codes, temporarily mimicking its prey’s adaptations. Studies suggest this ability is as much tied to a ksarik’s physical characteristics as it is some rudimentary psychic ability that allows the plant to adjust its body in accordance with a stolen genetic blueprint. Most of this code is unstable within the plants, meaning ksariks can rarely maintain an adaptation for more than a minute or, at most, a few hours. However, trace amounts of foreign DNA remain, and it appears that parents are able to pass lesser versions of their adopted abilities to their offspring. This enhanced evolution has drawn ksariks into otherwise unsuitable habitats, where they have quickly outcompeted other species, even driving several of them to extinction. Due to this explosive growth, most lashuntas consider them an ecological nuisance, though xenobiologists have lobbied against the species’ eradication until it can be properly studied—especially now that the ksariks have begun absorbing and demonstrating signs of rudimentary culture. The most notable evidence of this cultural development is the lilting melodies ksariks sing when in close proximity to one another. Scientists have yet to discover the purpose of these songs, as their best efforts to determine if they provide any information to the plants has failed. What’s more, their attempts to replicate the sounds only lead to angering nearby ksariks, the creatures being seemingly affronted by the endeavor. These sounds appear to emanate directly from a ksarik’s skin instead of any particular orifice, a fact that opponents of ksarik conservation hold as proof that the plants aren’t purposefully making them. Of course, those on the other side of the argument believe it doesn’t matter from where the songs come.

Edited 1522265101
Hey there. I noticed the Caster level for NPCs erases itself after being changed to any number also the mods section doesn't change stats either when rolling nor on the stat itself. Edit: Nevermind Read the User manual again and saw that its a feature not implemented yet. I'm so sorry about that.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Kain, For the Ksarik, the attacks should be on the same line and separated by a comma, like so: Ranged acid spit +9 (1d4+4 Acid), thorn dart +9 (1d6+4 P plus carrion spores). As for the bite missing from the space goblin monark, multiattacks are not currently handled by the importer (and indeed don't have a space on the sheet currently). I'm still working on how best to handle them (along with PCs that multiattack with different weapons).

Edited 1522348190
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Np Blaez, The caster level issue is a bug though, thanks for reporting that.
thanks for the reply, I figured out most of my issues with the importer. I actually load the program into a writing program and remove all page breaks that way as it is easier to understand. Although I can never get tactics to load properly from a pdf. I did have a question about the mods though. I am trying to set up a mod for the feat: Weapon Focus for a plus one to Small Arms attacks. I am not quite sure what mod form to use from the handbook you made.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yeah, the tactics section is not currently handled (there should be a note in the manual on that). for the mod,this is for a PC correct? It would be this: +1 to attack|category:small arms note that you will need to use small arms in the category field (case IN sensitive)
Loving the Sheet, thanks for all your work on this.&nbsp; I am having an issue when using the menu option for attacks on NPCs not calculating the attack bonus correctly.&nbsp; It works when I click on the link on the sheet itself but when using the menu feature it always shows a BAB of 0.&nbsp; The damage and any other option I've tried seem to work fine on the NPCs.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, thanks for the report Ian.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ian, I'm not able to reproduce the issue you're having with the npc menus. Could you vault one of the characters that this is happening to into&nbsp; this game . I'll take a look and see what's up.
Done.&nbsp; It may be worth noting that&nbsp; I used the importer to load the stats.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ian, the fix for this may take a little longer as this appears to be a bug with ability calls in roll20, and it doesn't happen to every ability. As a work around temporarily, I'd recommend simply reclicking the import button to generate a new repeating item that will (hopefully) not fall victim to the problem.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi everyone, Just wanted to let those of you who follow the thread know that a bug with weapon specialization has been discovered with weapons that are not half specialization categories. It prevents the sheet from updating currently as the sheetworkers crash. Workaround until the fix gets pushed is to de-specialize your non half proficiency weapons before making a change that would need to propagate. Sorry for the inconvenience and I'll try to get the fix out quickly.
Ian V. said: Done.&nbsp; It may be worth noting that&nbsp; I used the importer to load the stats.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have this issue as well. But I'm not quite sure I understand the workaround mentioned? I get this when I click on the sheet as well. To me it looks like BAB is 1. Cheers, Peder

Edited 1523378392
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Peder, can you vault the offending character into the game I linked for Ian? and post here with the name.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Peder, I'll have an update to fix the underlying issue for the BAB not being correct. Your sheet also had another issue though. Your modifiers were entered as +X. They should be entered as just numbers.
Sweet! :-) Thanks Scott. You rock ! /Peder
So I managed to import the Space Goblins from AP-1 without issue. This one however has confounded me. I had to add in the xp, the AP left that bit of information out. Where did I go wrong with my formatting? Thanks for the help! Awesome Sheet btw! CLARA-247 CR 2 xp 400 Female android CN Medium humanoid (android) Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +8 DEFENSE HP 23 EAC 13; KAC 14 Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +5; +2 vs. disease, mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep Defensive Abilities evasion, operative exploit (holographic clone 1/day), upgrade slot (jump jets) OFFENSE Speed 30 ft. Melee survival knife +6 (1d4+2 S) Ranged tactical shirren-eye rifle +8 (1d10+2 P), azimuth laser pistol +8 (1d4+2 F; critical burn 1d4) Offensive Abilities precise shot, trick attack +1d8 Morale Clara-247 is a hired gun, not an ideologue. If she is reduced to fewer than 6 Hit Points, she surrenders. STATISTICS Str +1; Dex +4; Con +0; Int +2; Wis +1; Cha +1 Skills Acrobatics +13, Computers +8, Engineering +8, Piloting +13, Stealth +13 Languages Common, Vercite Other Abilities constructed, flat affect, operative specialization (ghost) Gear freebooter armor I, azimuth laser pistol with battery (20 charges), survival knife, tactical shirren-eye rifle with 25 longarm rounds, clear spindle aeon stone, credstick (300 credits) SPECIAL ABILITIES Precise Shot (Ex) When making a ranged attack, Clara-247 ignores the target’s AC bonuses from cover or partial cover (but not improved or total cover).
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I think it's the morale line. Either add TACTICS on a line above that, or remove the morale line (note the tactics section won't be imported regardless)
Hi guys,&nbsp; We can't add Cantrips on our sheets. We click the plus, a box for spells gets created and disappears again instantly. Any known fix?&nbsp; Thanks.&nbsp;

Edited 1523798320
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Tommy, there is a bug in the sheet, there is a fix coming, but it won't go live till Tuesday. In the meantime, I would recommend creating your cantrips as lvl 1s, or if the creator of your game is a pro, they can grab the code from the starfinder repo.
Scott C. said: I think it's the morale line. Either add TACTICS on a line above that, or remove the morale line (note the tactics section won't be imported regardless) Removing the Morale line worked brilliantly. Thank you!&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Good to hear.

Edited 1523970102
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
v0.041523636721 (and hotfix) Bug Fixes Needler Pistol added to internal compendium weapon range no longer defaults to 5, and is now applied from the compendium Statblock importer improved to accomodate more complex statblocks. More improvements coming in the future. Logging of statblocks added for easier debugging of statblock issues Incorrect addition of "+" to numerical attributes. case insensitivity functionality restored to specialization handling Feature Changes The internal compendium is now accessed by a text search instead of a drop down. Search requires complete words that you are looking for. It will return the smallest subset of items that match any one term in the search box (fewer search terms is still better). Known Issues The statblock importer does not currently handle statblocks with multiple spell lists or multiple sources of spell like abilities. A fix is coming for this. For statblock importing, weapons that have special properties (e.g. explode or burst) need to have their special properties at the start of the parenthesized data, and any commas within the parentheses need to be replaced with semicolons. Example: utility scattergun +5 (blast 1d4+1 P) or shock grenade I +5 (explode [15 ft., 1d8 E, DC 12]) needs to be changed to: utility scattergun +5 (blast; 1d4+1 P) or shock grenade I +5 (explode 15 ft. DC 12; 1d8 E) New release will be live sometime today.
Hello there. Some of my group seems to be having issues with the internal compendium. For some of them it works, for others it doesn't do anything.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Andrew, I've gotten some reports that some of the items in the compendium are not importing (specifically the tactical semi auto pistol has been reported). Can you find out if it is different items that are being attempted by each player or the same one?

Edited 1524259983
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
v0.041524210160 Bug Fixes The captain's skill menus were assembled incorrectly when referencing another character. The tactical semi auto pistol wasn't importing from the internal compendium Many item names were mangled in the internal item compendium Feature Changes Statblock Importer The statblock importer has been changed to a recursive descent parser instead of pure regex pattern matching. This means that it is much more flexible in what it will accept. (Thanks Aaron for showing me this) Internal Compendium The text search for the compendium has been updated so that it returns all items that match your search for any part of their name or category (e.g. to search for second skin enter second, skin, sec, sk, light armor, armor, ...) Code is available for pro users from the starfinder repo immediately. Will be pushed to live for all others with the Tuesday merge as usual. EDIT 04/20/18 1034 CST: If you grabbed the files before this point, I had forgotten to update the CSS. That has now been rectified. v0.041524210160hotfix Bug Fixes Statblock importer was erroneously parsing the statblock header information Statblock importer would crash on the first attempt to import, but function on subsequent attempts. NPC skills that did not have a bonus entered in the sheet were having their ranks set to the negative of their ability score, resulting in a total bonus of 0 for these skills instead of just their raw ability score. Now with Stamina overflow to hp Feature Update Sp dropping below 0 will overflow to hp. Sp, hp, and rp will now stop at 0 rather than going negative. Allow API triggered Sheetworkers Bug Fixes Some code in the new parser was preventing the API console from properly spinning up an instance of the sheetworkers. This has been corrected. The parser has not been affected by the change.

Edited 1524469091
Love the sheet but I'm encountering 2 issues.&nbsp; I read the thread but didn't see any reference to them; if they've been answered just direct me to the post if you would. 1. I'm not seeing a way to modify temporary HP (for example, from a Mechanic's Energy Shield trick or a force field).&nbsp; Currently my expression for Energy Shield is +(@{class_1_level}+@{intelligence_modifier}) to temp_hp but this doesn't modify anything on my sheet.&nbsp; Removing the (@{class_1_level}+@{intelligence_modifier}) and replacing it with an integer causes it to permanently modify temp_hp_max without changing the temp_hp field, and it seems impossible to reset this new value to 0.&nbsp; My mechanic currently has a permanent temp_hp_max of 1 (a non-issue but it seems like a bug). Edit: Closing my sheet and reopening it fixed the permanent temp_hp_max thing, so it's not a bug, just need to force the sheet to refresh. 2. Maybe this is just me being sleep deprived, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add weapon specialization, aside from manually making a mod that adds @{character_level} to damage or floor(@{character_level}/2) for operative/small arms weapons.&nbsp; Was just wondering if there was an easier way.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Kyle, the sheet doesn't modify temp hp and I'm working on fixing the permanent max temp housing bug. It doesn't modify temp hp because my understanding is that if you say have 6/10 temp hp, and then go down to a Max of 8, you still only have 6 temp hp. weapon spec is handled inside each weapon. When you open a weapon up, there is a drop down that defaults to proficient. Change this to specialized and it will add the spec bonus based on weapon category.
Thank you for the prompt response!&nbsp; I can't believe I missed the specialization thing. It's not going to be an issue for a few levels at least, but I do hope you settle on a way to handle temporary hit points eventually, as starfinder seems to enjoy handing them out fairly often (force fields, for example).&nbsp; Until then, tracking them manually will have to do.