Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[SF] Starfinder HUD - Thread 1

I see you mention that pro subsribers can track ammo with an API script - I have Ammo Tracker from The Aaron but have been tracking bullets with macros and attributes - is there a way to actually apply the script to work WITH the sheet somehow? So that when I hit an attack, it will tick down the appropriate ammo type? Is there going to be a companion script? I rely so heavily on your PF Companion script in all of my other games 

Edited 1529817053
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Glad you like the PF Companion Anna. To get Aaron's ammo to work as you roll, you add the !ammo command to the attacher field of your attacks, spells, abilities. For attacks it would be this: !ammo @{character_id} repeating_attack_@{id}_ammo [[ [[-@{usage}]]*{[[@{full_attack_query}*(@{full_attack_number})]]d1,[[1]]d1}kh1]] Charges Assuming you have a number entered in the usage, this will automatically deduct the number of charges required based on whether you full attacked or not. As for whether there will be a companion script or not, that isn't decided yet.

Edited 1529818033
Thank you thank youuuu!!! I am so happy it works, and it is extra cool having my sniper rifle sound effect also go off!! **Actually follow-up question, any way to link the ammo in my inventory to the ammo that is being used in the weapon....?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
np, also, just in case you haven't actually tried it yet, make sure that you put your first api command in the attacher field on a new line, rather than the first line of the attacher field.
Oh yeah, I have everything working great (after pouring over the user manual several times..)

Edited 1529824517
Scott C. said: See the crb on bulk. Possible bulk values for equipment are -, L, and a #. - bulk has no effect on your carried bulk. L is only worth 1/10 ofa bulk and only affects your carried bulk when your carried bulk from all your light items is equal to a whole number (aka every 10 L items). Pistols are L bulk, so the sheet is working as intended. Pretty stupid thing to miss on my part. Terribly sorry and thank you for the answer. Next time I will quadruple check something from the core rulebook before posting.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Np Marx. We're all still getting used to the system.
I am sorry if I missed it somewhere, but on the Starship portion of the sheet, there is the Damage (@{damage_threshold}) and Critical Threshold (@{critical_threshold}) data fields. They are not auto-updating from anywhere (understood the damage threshold is only for larger ships) nor will the data entered stay in place if the sheet is closed/reopened.  Am I missing something on how this is supposed to work?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, thanks for the report Shahdoh.
Update: If I create the attributes manually and enter the values on the attributes page, they stay as entered there, but if I update them from the sheet, it does not.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, I've probably got an error in the html code for those.
I just wanted to mention, the attacher feature is great. With all the other sheets I've used, you had to make a token action to add stuff like fx calls, or sound fx. Good thinking, adding this.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Bast L. said: I just wanted to mention, the attacher feature is great. With all the other sheets I've used, you had to make a token action to add stuff like fx calls, or sound fx. Good thinking, adding this. Heh, you can thank the Shaped sheet for that. It's where I got the idea.
Phil. H.
Pro
Translator
Hello Scott, your sheet is a great work, thanks a lot. I translated the de.json and my settings are in german language. So i tested the last version and noticed the following: - the initiative count with comma??  - test of the save-makro   %{saves}   in the menue bar show me this error: Unable to find a player or character with name: xyz - is it possible, that the translated skillname also show in the chat? here: sleight-of-hand -> Fingerfertigkeit  Greeting Phil
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Phil, thanks for putting the work in to translate and for the suggestions on additional translatable elements. Those will be updated with the official release.
Scott- my players are loving this sheet!  One of them asked a question I wanted to pass along-  are there plans for a checkbox or something to indicate when Spell Resistance is applicable on spell entries? Thanks for all of the work you've put into this!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Glad you guys are liking it Matt. Yes, spell resistance is on my radar.
Has anyone run into a similar error? I've put in some abilities and when i click on the "Abilities" link from the Menu tab, I am getting this weird output in the chat. It has this "MYSTIC{{buttons4=" and then lists out my abilities. The links in the chat box work fine, but I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong to have it output that "{{buttons4=" part. Thanks!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the report Travis. I've got that on my list of issues now.
Scott, I was able to fix it I believe. I hadn't put in the source of either of the abilities in as Mystic yet. Once I put that in it worked fine. I tested to see if it had to be in both, or just one, but it worked fine so long as either of the two abilities had Mystic as the source.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, ok, still not the intended behavior, but a different problem than I thought at first. Thanks for the additional info Travis.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Everyone,  The roll out of the official sheet is beginning. Pro users can access it on the dev server now. If you are a pro user, head on over to the forum thread for all the details.
Hey there, not sure if this is the right place to try and tackle this but... Here goes! One of my players decided to Multiclass Envoy and Operative. Because of the way their class features work, they get a mountain of insight bonuses to a variety of skills, but the Envoy makes it tricky because the insight bonus from Expertise is a roll and not a flat bonus. This means that, as a Detective Operative, they get a +3 Insight Bonus to Sense Motive from the Skill Focus feat, but as an Envoy they get a 1d6 roll bonus. Since Insight bonuses can't stack that way, and they take the higher of the insight bonuses, I've had to jury rig their abilities as 'At Will' so that they have to constantly turn their Operative/Envoy abilities on/off depending on the situation. Is there an easier way to handle this? Some way to just tell the ability to let them roll their Expertise die (1d6) and have it just always be a minimum of 3?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi aeon, thanks for using the HUD. The sheet will actually handle stacking of dynamic bonuses like that. The total displayed on the sheet will be from the static bonus, but when you make the roll, it will keep the highest of 1d6 or 3 (to use your example). So, put them all on as constant and let those skills rip. Happy rolling, Scott
Scott C. said: Hi aeon, thanks for using the HUD. The sheet will actually handle stacking of dynamic bonuses like that. The total displayed on the sheet will be from the static bonus, but when you make the roll, it will keep the highest of 1d6 or 3 (to use your example). So, put them all on as constant and let those skills rip. Happy rolling, Scott Thank you! I probably should have read the manual in full before posting :P Love this character sheet and thank you so much for your timely response <3
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks, and np. There's a lot of information in the manual to digest on a first read.

Edited 1532431637
I really like how sleek the sheet looks, and the auto calculations make life so much easier, however I've run into two (minor) issues. First one, the sheet seems to slow down a lot when multiple items or abilities are added to a character. Starfinder really racks up abilities as you level up, and you get a feat every other level, so this can be a lot of fields. Is there an easy way to fix this, or would the best way to just be have fewer items in the ability panel? (Personally I'd really like it if there were separate panels for feats and abilities, and maybe a separate panel just for miscellaneous stuff that is super simplistic.) The other issue is, whenever I have 3D dice enabled, all rolls roll WAY too many 3D dice, though the roll returns correctly. But like, this happens even on passive abilities, if clicked: by default it just rolls 5d20s that don't have any application. Is there a workaround to turn this off? (Maybe something in the attacher I can add? I've tried reading through the manual but I'm not really clear on how I'd alter stuff like that.) One other small issue as well is whenever I make a new ability, once I enter it in it ALWAYS adds in a SAVES and MOD field. This is a minor annoyance but it does slow things down a bit (especially when just adding in proficiency notes or when things become sluggish).

Edited 1532439700
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Zedrin, Thanks for using the HUD. I'm working on streamlining things to make the sheet faster (the official sheet uses a much faster calculation algorithm), but there's only so much to do. One thing that can help prove performance is to use Google chrome or turn off autocomplete in Firefox. Also make sure any extensions like LastPass are disabled. The 3d dice issue is a known issue with using roll templates and 3d dice. The roll template rolls everything that is input and then conditionally displays it, while the 3d dice display everything that is rolled. The release of the official sheet will fix the auto adding saves as well.
Looking forward to it! I'm actually using Chrome already, so I'm guessing it's just a combination of too many abilities + still being a beta version.
Loving the sheet. After some coaxing I think my players are warming up to it as we get ready for our first adventure tomorrow. I've gotten some questions around how to add some of the more complex feats. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere I can point them too? The current questions are around Trick Attack and Ghost Specialization. Thanks in advance!

Edited 1532537223
Here's the macro I use for Trick Attack. Specifically with Ghost Spec, replace Spec1 with Acrobatics and the Stealth entry with an additional +4 I just add this as a token macro and use it before my attack. at level 3 change the damage to d8 at level 5 change the damage roll to - [[[[floor((1+@{selected|class_x_Level})/2)]]d8]]  where 'x' is the row number of your operative class. ******************************************* /em trick attack successful if CR is less than [[?{Skill|Bluff, [[d20+@{selected|bluff}]]| Intmiidate,[[d20+@{selected|intimidate}]]| Stealth,[[d20+@{selected|Stealth}]]| Spec1,[[d20+@{selected|Spec1}]]| Spec2,[[d20+@{selected|Spec2}]]} -20]] for [[d4]] additional damage ****************************************** Ghost Spec. /em trick attack successful if CR is less than [[?{Skill|Bluff, [[d20+@{selected|bluff}]]| Intmiidate,[[d20+@{selected|intimidate}]]| Stealth,[[d20+@{selected|Stealth}+4]]| Acrobatics,[[d20+@{selected|Acrobatics}]]} -20]] for [[d4]] additional damage

Edited 1532537940
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Deiko said: Here's the macro I use for Trick Attack. Specifically with Ghost Spec, replace Spec1 with Acrobatics and the Stealth entry with an additional +4 As a note, the +4 for stealth trick attacks that ghost had in the CRB was a typo. Paizo has errata'd that to only a +1 as the skills that got +4 were supposed to be to balance the fact that those skills were not dex based. That is a pretty good method of doing it Deiko. However, it is possible to do it internal to the sheet. TheWebcoder has created a nice tutorial video on how to do this. The only change I would make to his method is that instead of using the following in the attack's attacher: {{notes=[Trick Attack](~CHARNAMEHERE|repeating_ability_ID_roll)}} Perhaps one day I'll have some inspiration on how to better automate this, but for now that's the extent of what the sheet can do. I would use the buttons0 field so that you can still output your weapon's description if needed: {{buttons0=[Trick Attack](~CHARNAMEHERE|repeating_ability_ID_roll)}} The syntax being used here is for  ability command button . You can also put the following in the trick attack's damage field to have the trick attack damage scale with level (replace the 'X' with whatever class number your operative class is): ({@{class_X_level},5}>5+floor((@{class_X_level}-3)/2))d(4*{@{class_X_level},3}>3) Perhaps one day I'll have lightbulb moment for how to more fully automate this and integrate it into the sheet's code, but for the moment, that's the extent of what you can do internal to the sheet. EDIT: Realized that the formula for the trick attack roll isn't real clear in Webcoder's video. Here's the forumula that is being used there: [[1d20+1+@{stealth_ranks}+@{stealth_class_skill}+@{stealth_ability}@{stealth_misc}]] You can replace the "stealth" part of the attribute names with your skill of choice to adapt this to any specialization. For non ghost, dex based skills, remove the +1 after the d20. For non dex based skills, change that +1 to a +4.
thanks on the errata I haven't checked in on them in awhile. I thought attacher was just for API's. I didn't realize you could pull other sheet objects. Thanks again for an awesome sheet.

Edited 1532540421
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
np, and thanks for the compliment. And yeah, the attacher is for either adding additional/overriding roll fields or for adding API commands. Heck could even use it to add additional chat messages that would be sent with the roll (something like add a new line, then put /em @{character_name} launches a barrage of missiles If you want to use it to add template fields, have everything be on one line that starts on the first line of the attacher (note that template fields themselves can be multiple lines as long as there is not a line break between two template fields.
Actually, I'm missing something in your scaled damage. All I'm getting are successes. Not a number or d4 or d8s for damage
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Can you post what you entered?

Edited 1532543140
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, sorry, forgot some formatting issues. That was the initial attempt at it from a while back, here's the correct one: [[ [[{@{class_X_level},5}>5]]+floor({@{class_X_level}-3,0}kh1/2)]]d[[4*({@{class_X_level},3}>3)]] That should work for you. EDIT: Make sure to replace the X with the number of your operative class from the class details page (1-5)

Edited 1532548849
ok.  I cleaned up my macro and added your scaling damage calculations.  I prefer to roll it first instead rather the attack. And the macro lets me use a query to select the skill on the fly. Then I added buttons to roll the actual attack. But it uses the template and looks nice. I can add as many buttons as necessary for my available weapons. Possibly some way to add it to the trick attack in the ability list but I couldn't figure that out so it's still a (selected) token macro. @{selected|whisper_state}&{template:sf_attack}{{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{characterid=@{selected|character_id}}} {{title=Trick Attack}} {{r1name=Success if CR<}} {{r1= [[?{Skill|Bluff, d20+@{selected|bluff}-20]]|Intmiidate,d20+@{selected|intimidate}-20]]|Stealth,d20+@{selected|Stealth} -20]]|SPEC1,d20+@{selected|SPEC1}-20]]|Spec2,d20+@{selected|SPEC2-20}}} {{damage1type=Additional damage}} {{damage1= [[[[[[{@{selected|class_X_level},5}>5]]+floor({@{selected|class_X_level}-3,0}kh1/2)]]d[[4*{@{selected|class_X_level},3}>3)]]]]}} {{rightbanner= Operative talent}} {{notes= target is flat-footed if successful}} {{buttons0=[Attack with @{selected|repeating_attack_id_name}](~selected|repeating_attack_id_roll)}} {{buttons1=[Attack with @{selected|repeating_attack_id_name}](~selected|repeating_attack_id_roll)}}
Hi Scott, Im really enjoying this sheet, however im trying to get the Roll20AM to work, so on firing a weapon, say a laser pistol, it plays the associated track. so far i've tried a few things like putting the following command in the attacher for a weapon: !roll20AM --audio,play,nomenu|laser. However this isnt working, im trying to figure it out and im fairly new to the api system if you wouldnt mind offering some advice / help. Thanks!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Joshua, glad you are enjoying the sheet. The attacher is the correct place for that, however the API command has to be on a new line. The first line of the attacher is for adding things to the roll template.
Hey Scott C. I was wondering if there is a way to change the basic white background to say like a black/gray to make it much easier on my players eyes and my own? The contrast between the dark blue and white just gives me a head ache after a while and was wondering if you put in some settings to change the BG color at all?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nope, the sheet has a redesign on the way that will hopefully be going live soon (check the roll20 blog for some preview images). It'll still be a white background, but without the dark blue sections.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
One " personal " alternative is to use Stylus or similar extension that overrides a web page's css.
Also currently I've noticed that my player has a bonus to a skill from his class where do we put that bonus in to affect the skill cause currently its just ranks with no misc bonus section

Edited 1532922767
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The sheet is set up to handle bonuses/penalties so that you enter them at their source instead of their target to cut down on the need to do manual math for stacking. See info on the mods fields in the manual for the full details, but the simple explanation is to take how you would normally talk about the buff/penalty, "I have a +2 insight bonus to acrobatics checks". Cut out the "I have a ", "bonus", and "checks/rolls" to get: +2 insight to acrobatics The full syntax is outside the scope of a simple forum post, but is detailed in the manual.
Scott, I'm trying to set up 2 buttons as an option with an Envoy talent that allows the PC to not use their expertise roll until after the original roll has been done. then decide to either roll and add the expertise dice or just reroll the skill. Unfortunately the output is displaying the button text and the roll value instead of actually being a button. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, If anything. I've tried this in the Attacher and the notes of the ability. {{buttons0=[Add Exp],([[d6]])}} {{buttons1=[Reroll Diplo],([[d20+@{Selected|diplomacy}]])}}

Edited 1533546011
Jay
Pro
Hi, I am playing a technomancer and just hit level 3 and got Spell Focus. How do i add in the bonuses to my spell DCs? I really like the look of the HUD character sheet but it would be nice if there were a lot more boxes for adding in bonuses a lot easier, instead of trying to sort out how the heck to use the mod box. It's not very user friendly. Like for my spells I have to manually adjust the number of spell slots because my bonus spells for high intelligence aren't added in. It would be nice if we had spell slots broken up into multiple boxes per spell level, like one for what you get from class level, one box for ability bonus, and then a final box that shows the total. Would even be good as a drop down box like you do with abilities or weapons and then minimize after to just show the total.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Jay, thanks for using the sheet. I'm sorry the sheet isn't quite what you are used to. There is an easy way to remember how to enter things in the mods fields: Scott C. said: The sheet is set up to handle bonuses/penalties so that you enter them at their source instead of their target to cut down on the need to do manual math for stacking. See info on the mods fields in the manual for the full details, but the simple explanation is to take how you would normally talk about the buff/penalty, "I have a +2 insight bonus to acrobatics checks". Cut out the "I have a ", "bonus", and "checks/rolls" to get: +2 insight to acrobatics The full syntax is outside the scope of a simple forum post, but is detailed in the manual. Just replace acrobatics with dc. You'll also need to use some of that advanced syntax, so follow "dc" with "|section:spell"
Hi. Well,  i created the game and lauched it, aaaaand some strange notification has popped up. Like, this site is trying to upload unsafe files . This is strange, because other games is fine with uploadings. My browser - Windows' Google Chrome. Is it because of styling issues or what?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Old Hunter Bob said: Hi. Well,  i created the game and lauched it, aaaaand some strange notification has popped up. Like, this site is trying to upload unsafe files . This is strange, because other games is fine with uploadings. My browser - Windows' Google Chrome. Is it because of styling issues or what? This is due to the font that the sheet uses. You can either allow them (although I'd understand if you didn't want to), or download the font from google fonts