Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[SF] Starfinder HUD - Thread 1

My entire DnD crew seem to be having an issue adding items from the compendium to the character sheet. We are able to search for the items and see a list, but when we try to click on the name and add it to our equipment, it doesn't add. Is this something other people have encountered as well or is this us specific?

Edited 1524628340
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Margaret, There is indeed an issue with the internal compendium. I've put a fix in for a pull request to the repo. I'm hoping Wingit can get the fix loaded before next merge day as there is also a fix for a piece of the npc sheet that breaks under some circumstances.
Hey Scott, Loving the HUD so far, big improvement over the other Starfinder sheet.  Since acquiring/having resistances and DR is far more common than it is in Pathfinder, would it be possible to break those out into individual fields, rather than being bundled into a single one?  Biggest reason would be for creating/using API scripts to apply damage, modified by the target's resistances/DR, and/or creating a clean report for a defense inquiry macro if desired. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Patrick, Thanks for using the HUD, and for the compliments. I'll look into the resistance/DR suggestion

Edited 1525193392
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
v0.041525149110 Updating Inventory, NPCs without initiative Bug Fixes NPC initiative not rolling when set to 0 - To trigger the fix, please change your NPC's initiative to something new and then back Internal Compendium not importing temp hp max being set to 0 would not properly set temp hp max to 0 temp hp max being updated did not properly set temp hp Feature Updates Temp HP will now carry over to stamina (or hp if you're really hurt) As always, the update is available immediately for pro users who wish to use it as a custom sheet. It will go live for everyone sometime Tuesday after the weekly merge. Update is now live.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
v0.041525585652 Bug Fixes fixed an intermittent error with npc weapons not properly sorting into ranged New Attributes @{id} is an attribute contained in repeating sections that holds the repeating row id. Update is now Live on Roll20
Hey Scott, I think I found an error with the Starship HUD, I don't know if this has already been mentioned. When adding a Starboard cannon the Firing Arc is automatically set to "Forward". Changing the value to Starboard as it is supposed removes the entry from the list entirely. Reloading the character sheet sometimes seems to restore the entries but they get back without any values. If you need any more details let me know.

Edited 1525890857
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Florian, I'll get that fixed for the next merge. EDIT: looks like I accidentally introduced a typo into the starboard option of the select. EDIT2: Florian (and other pro users), you can grab the fixed code from the  starfinder repository . I'll put an official update post out towards the end of the week.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hello Starfinders, Many of you have probably been wondering what would happen when Roll20's official Starfinder content rolled out later this year. I can answer one part of that question today with some big news that I am finally able to share. I am proud and honored to announce that Roll20 has taken notice of the Starfinder HUD's features and ease of use and have contracted me to finish the sheet as an official Roll20 sheet. I'd like to thank all the members of the community that participated in the development of the sheet by testing it when it was in early alpha (and even before for some of you) and more recently in the public beta. Your feedback on the sheet is responsible for making the sheet as good as it is. I'm sure you will all have questions about what exactly this means for the sheet moving forward. I will be working on the HUD to bring it fully into line with Roll20's standards for official sheets and to implement features that had not yet made it in. While it is unlikely that any new features will be added until the full release of the sheet, I will release updates to fix bugs that are discovered. The current iteration of the sheet will remain live until the official sheet is done. Games that are currently using the Starfinder HUD will automatically transition to the Starfinder - Roll20 Official sheet when it is released with no loss of data just as if it was a normal update. See you all out in the Drift, Scott
Dean
Roll20 Team
<3 huzzah! Great work, Scott!

Edited 1526317490
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
We're so glad to have you on the team Scott! I'm personally excited to get some awesome official Starfinder products out the door with this sheet, it's already so good! :D
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
\o/
Excellent work! This is the most exciting decision for Starfinder on Roll20 I can imagine. There's so much that can be done with official support and the Roll20 team - and you're clearly capable. Best wishes.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Congrats Scott, and well deserved!   
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thank you everyone for your support. I've got a bug fix that will be going live tomorrow. Actual Starboard Weapons and IDs Bug Fixes Starboard ship weapons now actually show up. Update will be triggered when the sheet is opened. @{id} should now be accessible by calling with @{id} from within the repeating item instead of needing @{repeating_SECTIONNAME_$X_id}
Not sure if I have done something wrong or if their may be a bug in the works. Trying to add my Draelik Soldier 1 / Solarian 2 to roll20 via SF HUD and noticed that my SP is 4 higher and my fort and will is also 1 higher then HLO or a hand generated sheet. How are racial / class abilities and feats added? what about solarian weapons and Stellar Revelations? Wow sounds like I am being overly negative, the HUD is an excellent addition and does a great job I have just hit a couple road blocks.

Edited 1526611228
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
DarkDante said: Not sure if I have done something wrong or if their may be a bug in the works. Trying to add my Draelik Soldier 1 / Solarian 2 to roll20 via SF HUD and noticed that my SP is 4 higher and my fort and will is also 1 higher then HLO or a hand generated sheet. SP is calculated based on what you put in for the per level sp for each of your classes. This is then multiplied by your level in each of those classes and your constitution mod is added to it. Saves are calculated similarly. I haven't used HLO, so can't comment on that. What SP total are you getting for your char? And what's your con mod? How are racial / class abilities and feats added? what about solarian weapons and Stellar Revelations? All of these, except for solarian weapons, are added int the abilities pane. The solarian weapon would be added in the attacks (you can add a fully set up weapon mote solarian weapon attack by selecting it in the internal compendium).

Edited 1526807448
Eld of Note: Starship's Have a Sensor bonus not represented in your sheet. Sensor Bonus is used in and out of combat for the science officer. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sensors Sensors function as a starship’s eyes and ears, allowing a crew to see what’s in the space around the ship, whether planetary bodies, other ships, a dangerous asteroid field, or some monstrosity from the depths of space. Sensors are a combination of video cameras, multispectrum scanners, radar arrays, signal interceptors, and optical telescopes. In starship combat, short-range sensors have a range of 5 hexes, mediumrange sensors have a range of 10 hexes, and long-range sensors have a range of 20 hexes. All sensors have a skill modifier that applies to any skill used in conjunction with them. Sensors require an operational power core to function, but they consume a negligible amount of PCU. Sensors operate in two modes: passive or active. In passive mode, sensors automatically scan the ship’s surroundings. Passive sensors detect visible or unhidden objects in a 360-degree field around the ship at a range of up to twice the sensors’ range category while in space or in the Drift (no skill check required), though local conditions may affect their range. However, gravitational forces and atmospheric conditions limit starship sensors to a range of 250 feet on most planets, and their range might be further limited by terrain, at the GM’s discretion. Active sensors are far more discerning, and they are required if the science officer wishes to scan enemy vessels and learn details about them during starship combat (see page 325). The modifier listed in the table below applies to some checks attempted by the science officer in starship combat as specified in the science officer’s actions (see page 324). Active sensors can discern information about a target up to five times the sensors’ range away from the ship, but such checks take a penalty of –2 for each range increment beyond the first to the target. For example, if short-range sensors (range = 5 hexes) were used against a target 12 hexes away, the check would take a –4 penalty. Outside of starship combat, a crew member can use sensors to scan a planet the starship is orbiting, attempting a Computers check (applying the sensors’ modifier) to learn basic information about the planet’s composition and atmosphere. The DC for this check is usually 15, but it can be altered at the GM’s discretion to account for mitigating factors or complications. A crew member can also use the starship’s active sensors to attempt Perception checks to examine the surrounding area as if she were standing outside the starship, using her own senses (such as darkvision), but adding the sensors’ modifier as a circumstance bonus to the check. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Don't know if this is an option to code a button on the ship sheet or not, but it would be a nice addition to combat scans from the science officer point of of view. Putting the sensor bonus seems like an easy add to the science station on the ship sheet. Also, side note; You can have more than one computer system on a ship. And this sheet does not take into account more than one computer. Example you could have a main ship computer(Mk 4 mononode), with a dedicated fire control computer(Mk 1 tetranode), both with a seperate ICMs. This setup would give four +1's to anyone person on the weapons team, and a single +4 to any other crew member in any position not currently receiving the bonus from the sub system computer. I realize this is not the norm for small ships, and not easy coding in. But I thought I'd bring it up. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer A computer system functions in many ways as a ship’s brain. Most computers aboard starships have at least a rudimentary artificial personality, and while they can’t fully perform the duties of a crew member, they can assist crew members in various tasks. However, many spacefarers claim that over time, a starship’s computers can develop temperaments and personality quirks that set them apart from identical computers in other ships. A starship has a basic computer of a tier equal to half the starship’s tier (minimum 1); see the Computers skill on page 137 and Computers on page 213 for more information about how a starship computer can be hacked or upgraded. Which upgrades a crew can purchase for its starship computer is determined by the GM; some upgrades can be purchased with Build Points (see page 294). While a starship’s computer is responsible for operating and managing a wide variety of starship systems at any given point in time, only a starship with an integrated control module (ICM) can aid the crew in starship combat (the basic computer listed on the table below is the only option that lacks an ICM). In general, an ICM adds a flat circumstance bonus to one or more starship combat checks, decided just before the check is attempted. An ICM has a number of nodes; each node grants its bonus to one starship combat check per round. Multiple nodes allow an ICM to influence multiple starship combat checks in a round, but they do not allow a computer to add multiple bonuses to the same starship combat check. The cost of an ICM for the starship’s computer is equal to the bonus it grants squared, multiplied by its number of nodes. ICMs can be purchased only with Build Points, not with credits. User Interface A computer’s control module is the input device and display designed to allow you to enter commands into and receive data from the computer. In the Pact Worlds, most user interfaces include a keyboard, view screen, microphone, and speakers, to allow typed, spoken, or gesture-based commands to be given to the computer and to deliver graphic or audio data from the computer. These kinds of user interfaces come free with any system, and a computer can have as many as ten user interfaces per point of bulk the computer has (though normally only public systems or computers used by large companies do this). It is also possible for a user interface to exist only as a broadcast device (such as a comm unit), or even to have another smaller computer act as a user interface (using a control module). You can set a computer to use this kind of user interface for free when you buy it, though you must pay for the additional device separately, or you can install (or remove) user interfaces using the disable or manipulate module task of the Computers skill to alter a user interface. Such additional user interfaces do not count against the total modules a computer can have. You can use a hacking kit to access a computer without using a user interface, but this requires you to have physical contact with the computer or to make contact through an infosphere or similar network that is linked to the computers. Gunner Actions As a gunner, you can take any of the actions below, depending on your character level. These actions can be taken only during the gunnery phase. Though each of a starship’s weapons can be fired only once per round, multiple gunners can take actions to fire different weapons in a single round. Actions that allow you to fire starship weapons use the rules for attacking on page 320 LARGE AND SMALL CREWS A starship’s base frame determines the minimum and maximum number of crew members needed to operate that vessel. A starship without its minimum complement can’t be flown. However, when a large NPC starship with its full complement enters starship combat, each individual crew member doesn’t take a regular action—it would take hours to resolve a single round! In such cases, usually on Large or larger starships, most roles simulate entire teams of personnel. The number of crew members required to assist a single officer who wants to attempt a check in that role is listed after the role’s name in a starship stat block. This number varies between starships, and some vessels might have a crew large enough to allow multiple checks for a single role  for instance, a dreadnought might have several teams of engineers or gunners. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic question here: how do we add in skill bonus points?
TheWebCoder said: Basic question here: how do we add in skill bonus points? How do you mean? Like how do you add a skill point bonus from an ability that gives a bonus?
I think I found another issue. On the starship page when you click on Captain and get a list of his actions and choose to roll any of them it is not adding in the class skill modifier. It looks to work for all other crew roles except captain.
Fernando R. said: TheWebCoder said: Basic question here: how do we add in skill bonus points? How do you mean? Like how do you add a skill point bonus from an ability that gives a bonus? I mean +2 to Acrobatics +2 to Wisdom saves +2 to Dexterity 
I found it. Abilities > Mods > REGEX. Be sweet to have a list of valid keywords, like bonus, penalty, etc.

Edited 1526875583
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Reposting here so the roll20 forum has this explanation as well: @TheWebCoder yep, as you found out, it goes in the mods field. The only additions I'd have to that are 1) that you can use the mods field in abilities, items, or the buffs section. 2) Anything before the "to" in the mod syntax is not restricted (other than can't be to, obviously). The sheet detects when math/macro expressions stop and then any word between that and the "to" is the buff type. Unless there is either no buff type or the buff type is contained in the stackable buffs (case INsensitive) list on the settings page, the sheet will evaluate the buff and compare it to other buffs of that type, returning the highest one, unless it is a penalty in which case it always stacks. And 3) this evaluation and comparison of the buff occurs at edit time within the sheet and roll time via inline rolls. If the sheet can't evaluate the buff, such as due to a roll query or referencing an attribute it can't access, there won't be any change on the sheet, but the buff will be included in the roll. Of course this roll time evaluation doesn't work for things like ac and caster level that aren't rolled. See the appendix buffable attributes in the manual linked in op for a list of all attributes that can be buffed, and the mods sub section of the general sheet info section of the manual for detailed explanations of the basic buff syntax as well as more advanced uses like generic keywords and applying buffs to a subset of an attribute (e.g. only attack rolls for small arms)
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Hi Everyone, This is my first post using my official Roll20 account. Now on to the reason for it. Have you created a crazy character build using the HUD? Are you using pieces of the sheet in new and interesting ways? Have a favorite PC, NPC, or ship that you've made? One of the goals for the official Starfinder sheet is that it will seamlessly upgrade from the HUD. In order to make sure of this, I'd like to ask for all of your help by sending me whatever character creations you've come up with so that I'll have a stable of characters to test against the new sheet's upgrade code to make sure it performs perfectly. Characters (PCs, NPCs, or Ships) can be vaulted into the  Starfinder Compatibility Check game. Please add what type of character it is (PC, NPC, PC Ship, NPC Ship, and/or spellcaster) to the beginning of the name so that I can easily find characters to test for specific issues. Thanks everyone and see you out in the Drift, Scott
Scott, have you considered adding some default buffs/conditions built into the HUD? The Pathfinder character sheet did a good job with this, just by adding a check box next to things like 'Stunned' and 'Sickened' and so on.
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Nathan K. said: Scott, have you considered adding some default buffs/conditions built into the HUD? The Pathfinder character sheet did a good job with this, just by adding a check box next to things like 'Stunned' and 'Sickened' and so on. It may be something that is in the works ;)
Suggestion: Easier seat swapping on a ship. I was thinking maybe the crew gets put into a different section, and then each seat has a dropdown to select from available crew. Also, Letting players assign themselves to specific weapons would be useful, or maybe just an extra gunner slot. Bug? Class skill bonus (+3) doesn't seem to be included in captain rolls from ship sheets.
My friends and I are just getting into playing starfinder on roll20 after playing both D&D5E and pathfinder here previously. We like the HUD character sheet so far, but really wish it had the same type of compendium options like you see in the pathfinder/d&d games. Are things like spells, feats, and NPC/monster sheets going to be popping up sometime in the near future?
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
I can't comment on that Jay, but I might suggest taking a look at the round table from last week for hints on what's to come.

Edited 1527952170
Jay said: My friends and I are just getting into playing starfinder on roll20 after playing both D&D5E and pathfinder here previously. We like the HUD character sheet so far, but really wish it had the same type of compendium options like you see in the pathfinder/d&d games. Are things like spells, feats, and NPC/monster sheets going to be popping up sometime in the near future? Forgive me if this is stating the obvious (maybe it won't be to someone who reads this), but you can go to the  starfinder SRD and copy / paste all the text right into the abilities / buffs / spells on the sheet. Saved me a looot of time. (Weapons, armor, and equipment already have a built-in DB on the sheet.)
Suggestion: Some sort of patch indicator for starship systems. I was thinking a check box on each severity, and an indicator in the empty space explaining that the check boxes are for how damaged the ship actually is, and that it just has a patch on that system.

Edited 1528389000
Scott C.
Roll20 Production Team
Compendium Curator
Thanks Bast, I need to dive into starship combat system more. I'll be addressing the starship sheet in a bit ;)
Scott, Love the sheet. Took a bit to figure out some of the things but got there eventually. I like to build token macros as I don't have a lot of monitor space to access everything if I have to keep the sheet up. Most have gone pretty smoothly being able to access the roll functions that you've built in. However I'm having an issue with a query macro which I intend to build into a nested query. The template works fine, just nothing happens for the event. For anything following the comma for that selection out of the query. Are there special tag names I should be using? All the official documentation has exactly one example of a query and that's part of a mod. I'm probably doing something wrong but can't figure it out. Here's the first macro. It's a query to roll and determine the DC for Treat Deadly Wounds depending upon the equipment used. Spaces added so the html doesn't translate. everything about the query works except no rolls or text are displayed related to the query choice. I've also vaulted this character into your test game - Fileal. this is her "healing" Ability macro &{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{selected|character_name} }} {{title=Medicine}} {{?{tools?| Basic,{{r1=[[1d20]] & # 125; & # 125; |Advanced, {{r1=[[1d20+@{selected|medicine}]] needs a 20 with an Advanced Medkit & # 125; & # 125; |medpatch, {{chk=[[(d20+@{selected|medicine}+10[medpatch]]] needs a 25 with a Basic Medkit and receives a bonus with a medpatch & # 125;& # 125; |ADV MP, {{chk=[[1d20+@{selected|medicine}+10[medpatch] ]] needs a 20 with an advanced Medkit with a bonus from the medpatch & # 125; & # 125; }

Edited 1528668662
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
So, you've got a few issues with that macro; 1) too many opening curly braces 2) the wrong template field label for two of your options 3)an extraneous opening parentheses. I'd personally rewrite the macro like this: &{template:sf_generic} {{name=@{selected|character_name} }} {{title=Medicine}} {{r1=[[?{tools| Basic,1d20+@{medicine_ranks}[RANKS]+[[({0,@{medicine_ranks}}>1)*@{medicine_class_skill}]][CS]+@{medicine_ability}[ABILITY]@{medicine_misc}]] |Advanced,1d20+@{medicine_ranks}[RANKS]+[[({0,@{medicine_ranks}}>1)*@{medicine_class_skill}]][CS]+@{medicine_ability}[ABILITY]@{medicine_misc}]] needs a 20 with an Advanced Medkit |medpatch,d20+@{medicine_ranks}[RANKS]+[[({0,@{medicine_ranks}}>1)*@{medicine_class_skill}]][CS]+@{medicine_ability}[ABILITY]@{medicine_misc}+10[medpatch] ]] needs a 25 with a Basic Medkit and receives a bonus with a medpatch |ADV MP, 1d20+@{medicine_ranks}[RANKS]+[[({0,@{medicine_ranks}}>1)*@{medicine_class_skill}]][CS]+@{medicine_ability}[ABILITY]@{medicine_misc}+10[medpatch] ]] needs a 20 with an advanced Medkit with a bonus from the medpatch & # 125; & # 125; } }} I'd also seriously consider using the buff handling capability of the sheet to address this instead of making the macro, then you can just use the sheet generated menus instead of needing to reinvent the wheel. Something like this should work for a medpatch buff: +?{Using Med Patch|No,0|Yes,10} medpatch to medicine.
I haven't used the buffs that much but this makes sense. And I can just add the different DC's into the Medicine Notes field. As for the names I had tried quite a few different types between r1 and some that are used on other templates. I think I saw that in the user's document but wasn't sure what I was reading. Again, thanks for the quick response and a great product.
Hi Scott, these sheets are amazing, thank you! I have a silly question: Is there a good way to automatically have ammo tick downwards by usage? something like ammo = ammo - usage? Thanks!

Edited 1528749723
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Ryan, Glad you like the HUD. Unfortunately, automated handling of ammo usage requires access to the API, which requires that the creator of the game be a pro subscriber.
Ah, thanks for the speedy reply! I'll have to lean on my GM to Subscribe then :)
Hey Scott, Do you plan to add indicators or checkboxes for trained/untrained skills? Sorry if it's been asked already.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Skills that require training? probably.
Is it a mistake or is supposed to be that way The BAB for spells seem to calc-ing off level not actual BAB.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, no, it should be using your Bab.
Hello and thank you for all your hard work for making the Starfinder Character Sheet. I have a problem with the NPC sheet. When i put the appropriate values on the Saves and Skills and try to roll them from the Sheet buttons it adds the relevant ability modifiers (example when i roll Acrobatics and Reflexes it adds the Dex mod to the roll) as far as i know all the monsters and NPCs have the total bonuses written in their entry in each book.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks mad marx. The sheet is supposed to do some calculations that make that work appropriately, but it appears to not be doing it.
Sorry for bothering you again and if this issue has been mentioned before. The equipment panel doesn't calculate the pistol bulks unless i multiply the amount by 10 (see screenshots bellow).

Edited 1529756409
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
See the crb on bulk. Possible bulk values for equipment are -, L, and a #. - bulk has no effect on your carried bulk. L is only worth 1/10 ofa bulk and only affects your carried bulk when your carried bulk from all your light items is equal to a whole number (aka every 10 L items). Pistols are L bulk, so the sheet is working as intended.