Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[SF] Starfinder HUD - Thread 1

Edited 1520278786
Would PowerCards 3 work in the character sheet? I'm trying it out in the Attacher field of the weapon. Not sure if that's the way it should be done or if I need to add another Attribute. I would like for it to be part of the roll template if possible
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
to put API commands in the attacher, make sure you put a new line in first. The attacher is on the same line as the roll template output, so you need a line break to put any api commands on their own line to be triggered properly. All that said, you'll still have the roll template output followed by whatever powercards output you wind up with. What functionality are you going for via power cards?
I'm trying to setup when a player or NPC tries to attack it will look at the targets EAC or KAC and say if it missed or hit. 
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ah, yeah, that would need an API to do properly. Power cards is probably a good choice for that.
Is there a way to keep that in the roll template? Or no matter what it has to be seperate?

Edited 1520279124
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
No, it has to be separate because the api can't modify already sent chat messages. You could do totally custom macros using just power cards and then have it be all one message, but I've never used power cards so I can't even begin to help you with that. EDIT: Note, you could add the following to your attacher instead (modify as appropriate for the weapon targeting eac, kac, or cmd): {{buttons0=**EAC:** @{target|eac}}} This wouldn't automate the application of the damage, but it would put the needed info in one location (although with the downside of your players being able to see it).
That's all I need it to do is tell me the EAC for what they're hitting since I messed up during a game and applied damage to missed attacks. I tried to see if I could whisper that command but it didn't work haha.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Glad to help. I also find that keeping AC values secret is pointless after a while if you're doing any description of their misses at all or if your players pay any attention since it's easy enough to figure out where the to-hit threshold is.

Edited 1520471373
Scott C. said: Yep, all of the misc attributes should not be used with a + before them, and I just realized I gave the wrong syntax for that trick attack check above - sorry about that. I've edited the post above to reflect what it should actually be, which is: In your attack description : Trick Attack: [[1d20+@{ skill _ranks}+@{ skill _class_skill}+@{ skill _ability}@{ skill _misc}+ bonus to trick attack check if applicable ]] [Trick Attack](~ Character Name |repeating_ability_$X_roll) <--- replace the X with the position of your trick attack ability (remember the numbering starts at 0, not 1) Is the first part of the Trick Attack meant to be in the Attacks field or abilities? Trying to figure out how best to put it on the sheet and I'm getting lost looking at the replies actually. EDIT:  Same for +@{class_X_level}+@{skill_1_class_skill} ranks to skill_1 +@{class_X_level}+@{skill_2_class_skill} ranks to skill_2 Since my player is using Acrobatics and Stealth.
Had a suggestion, one I made on the Discord, and thought I might as well make here. Namely a background of some kind, dark, either a picture or color, as the current black on white of the sheet is very hard to look at, and really makes the sheet look... bad. Been rooting around in the code, Trying to see if I can fix if for my own use, but no luck so far.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Blaez said: Scott C. said: Yep, all of the misc attributes should not be used with a + before them, and I just realized I gave the wrong syntax for that trick attack check above - sorry about that. I've edited the post above to reflect what it should actually be, which is: In your attack description : Trick Attack: [[1d20+@{ skill _ranks}+@{ skill _class_skill}+@{ skill _ability}@{ skill _misc}+ bonus to trick attack check if applicable ]] [Trick Attack](~ Character Name |repeating_ability_$X_roll) <--- replace the X with the position of your trick attack ability (remember the numbering starts at 0, not 1) Is the first part of the Trick Attack meant to be in the Attacks field or abilities? Trying to figure out how best to put it on the sheet and I'm getting lost looking at the replies actually. EDIT:  Same for +@{class_X_level}+@{skill_1_class_skill} ranks to skill_1 +@{class_X_level}+@{skill_2_class_skill} ranks to skill_2 Since my player is using Acrobatics and Stealth. Hey blaez, sorry for the delay responding. That whole trick attack set of Tex is what I would put in your attack description. I'm not quite sure what your question in the edit is.
Scott, my players and I noticed that when we add weapons from the CRB the range always comes up as '5' when it auto creates the attack. I feel like this didn't used to happen
There some particular reason the starship sheet won't allow the Tier field to be edited?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Cyrano, It's a bug. The workaround is to select the name field, then hit tab to access the tier field.

Edited 1520816065
Scott C. said: Blaez said: Scott C. said: Yep, all of the misc attributes should not be used with a + before them, and I just realized I gave the wrong syntax for that trick attack check above - sorry about that. I've edited the post above to reflect what it should actually be, which is: In your attack description : Trick Attack: [[1d20+@{ skill _ranks}+@{ skill _class_skill}+@{ skill _ability}@{ skill _misc}+ bonus to trick attack check if applicable ]] [Trick Attack](~ Character Name |repeating_ability_$X_roll) <--- replace the X with the position of your trick attack ability (remember the numbering starts at 0, not 1) Is the first part of the Trick Attack meant to be in the Attacks field or abilities? Trying to figure out how best to put it on the sheet and I'm getting lost looking at the replies actually. EDIT:  Same for +@{class_X_level}+@{skill_1_class_skill} ranks to skill_1 +@{class_X_level}+@{skill_2_class_skill} ranks to skill_2 Since my player is using Acrobatics and Stealth. Hey blaez, sorry for the delay responding. That whole trick attack set of Tex is what I would put in your attack description. I'm not quite sure what your question in the edit is. No worries. It was the same thing I asked you about adding free skill ranks into the abilities my player was using but I found a workaround with that. Are you able to input an equation to gain skill checks? Like for Bypass there's a +1 insight bonus to Computers and Engineering skill checks. At 5th and every 4 levels after and at 20th level, the bonus increases by 1. 1+((@{class_1_level}-1/4)*5 This is the formula I'm using but it doesn't change the total.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, see the tutorial video for an example of how to do it (the example is for solarian attunement bonuses to damage/re saves, but the same syntax holds.

Edited 1520963670
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
v0.041520821628 Whispers in Space and Misplaced Blast Doors Bug Fixes Ship rolls will now whisper according to the whisper state set in the settings page The shields info display no longer prevents access to inputs around it (specifically the tier attribute) EDIT: For the ship rolls to properly reference the ship's whisper settings, you will need to cause a change to each of the crew attributes for the menu to be rebuilt.
Scott C. said: Yep, see the tutorial video for an example of how to do it (the example is for solarian attunement bonuses to damage/re saves, but the same syntax holds. Trying that and I'm getting a really huge number or it stops working entirely. Basing it off of  [[10+floor((@{class_1_level}-1/4*5]] from the video. My formula is  [[+1+floor((@{class_1_level}-1)/4)*5]]

Edited 1520825622
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, well, that's a new bug to record :). I do however know what is causing it. The buff parser was not built to use inline rolls, and it looks as if they are being interpreted as some other mathematical operation. Simply remove the inline rolls and you'll be good to go. EDIT: Also, your formula is a little off for handling bypass, it should be: +1+floor((@{class_X_level}-1)/4) Otherwise, you're getting a bonus of an additional five for level 5 and every 4 levels thereafter. Can also handle the level 20 bypass bonus by doing: +1+floor((@{class_X_level}-1)/4)+floor(@{class_X_level}/20)
Scott C. said: Hmm, well, that's a new bug to record :). I do however know what is causing it. The buff parser was not built to use inline rolls, and it looks as if they are being interpreted as some other mathematical operation. Simply remove the inline rolls and you'll be good to go. EDIT: Also, your formula is a little off for handling bypass, it should be: +1+floor((@{class_X_level}-1)/4) Otherwise, you're getting a bonus of an additional five for level 5 and every 4 levels thereafter. Can also handle the level 20 bypass bonus by doing: +1+floor((@{class_X_level}-1)/4)+floor(@{class_X_level}/20) I tried putting those formulas in but it doesn't buff the skill.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
hmm, what is the whole buff line that you are putting in?
Scott C. said: hmm, what is the whole buff line that you are putting in? +1+floor((@{class_1_level}-1)/4)+floor(@{class_1_level}/20) to Engineering
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
hmm, ok, it looks to be a problem with the second floor expression, take that out and it should work.

Edited 1520907987
Hey, designer here. Playing around in the Chrome inspector I added "background: slategray" (rgb 112, 128, 144) to <div class="sheet-starfinder"> with good results. "lightslategray" (rgb 119, 136, 153) is another nice option. If you prefer it light, "alicegray" (rgb 240, 248, 255) is nice. You might like one of those versus the white background? Sweet sheet, btw. Thanks to everyone who has put work into it.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the tip Webcoder. There are several improvements that may come in the future. I'm waiting till this release is stable before I add more.
could u add the misc mods in the skills pane it would make life a lot easier

Edited 1520989209
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi William, The design of the sheet is setup so that modifications are calculated from the source of the modification (e.g. the equipment item or the ability). This is to make it easier to handle the wide array of bonuses that apply to multiple things at once. See the mods section of the manual for full details on using the mods fields of the items, abilities and buffs sections. The short version is, think about how you would tell your gm what bonuses you have when explaining your character like so: Im a vesk, so I get a + 1 bonus to eac and kac becomes: +1 to eac and kac you simply remove the word "bonus" from the sentence.

Edited 1521073584
Finally got it Opperative's Edge Bonus Calculations +[[[[1]]+[[{0,@{class_1_level}}>3)]]+[[{0,floor((@{class_1_level}-3) /4)}kh1]]]] Insight bonus to initiative +[[[[1]]+[[{0,@{class_1_level}}>3)]]+[[{0,floor((@{class_1_level}-3) /4)}kh1]]]] Insight bonus to skills But calculated values don't show of the sheet at "Total Skill" but they do calculate in when rolling
And While I'm at it, From the past conversation about where best to put Trick attack. I just put My Trick Attack in as a Skill Roll under Profession, because it was the easiest to calculate skill bonuses from diff sources. I just Means during combat, I roll a skill then roll an attack
Having an issue with current HP SP RP auto Recalc-ing to 0 sp 10*lvl HP and 0 rp. Any time I adjust anything that should be calc-ing Max of those stats, and the Max is calc-ing the same. On the sheet "Simple Starfinder" they calc then as below, but I took a moment to put your Attribute variables. SP (@{constitution_mod} * @{character_level})  + (@{class-1-sp} * {@{class-1-level}) + (@{class-2-sp} * {@{class-2-level}) + (@{class-3-sp} * {@{class-3-level}) + (@{class-4-sp} * {@{class-4-level} + (@{class-5-sp} * {@{class-5-level})) HP (@{race_hp} + (@{class-1-hp} * {@{class-1-level}) + (@{class-2-hp} * {@{class-2-level}) + (@{class-3-hp} * {@{class-3-level}) + (@{class-4-hp} * {@{class-4-level})+ (@{class-5-hp} * {@{class-5-level})) RP (floor(1/@{character_level})) + (@{resolve_source}) + (floor(@{+ (@{class-0-hp} * {@{class-0-level})}/2))

Edited 1521075800
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Rand, I'm not sure I'm following what you're doing. Are you trying to put in a buff to hp/sp/rp? or are you seeing this behavior with just a straight character leveled up? The HUD's attributes won't look like they are calculated the way the simple sheet's are because they are done by javascript rather than autocalc fields. EDIT: Also, for you operative's edge, I would remove those inline roll brackets as the sheet will already wrap it in an inline roll expression.
Scott C. said: Rand, I'm not sure I'm following what you're doing. Are you trying to put in a buff to hp/sp/rp? or are you seeing this behavior with just a straight character leveled up? The HUD's attributes won't look like they are calculated the way the simple sheet's are because they are done by javascript rather than autocalc fields. EDIT: Also, for you operative's edge, I would remove those inline roll brackets as the sheet will already wrap it in an inline roll expression. For the hp/sp/rp I am getting this behavior from initial get go with a new Character I was just trying to be helpfull by also offering some contribution to a solution. I am not looking to buff just to auto-calculate, I know I can buff just with a Mod" As for the Inline Brackets: The Outer Inline Roll Brackets are not needed but the Inner ones are needed to get it to calculate right.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, thanks for the additional info Rand. I'll try to track the issue down, although it's not behavior I'm seeing on my end. Can you vault a character that this is occuring on into  this game ?
Scott C. said: Hmm, thanks for the additional info Rand. I'll try to track the issue down, although it's not behavior I'm seeing on my end. Can you vault a character that this is occuring on into  this game ? I could vault it but I Am a standard user but you as a GM need to set the game setting so standard players can Vault there own Characters
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm always forgetting to set that to on. Sorry about that Rand, all fixed now.
Scott C. said: I'm always forgetting to set that to on. Sorry about that Rand, all fixed now. Uploaded
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks, I'll take a look tonight and see what's going on.
Rand K. said: Scott C. said: Rand, I'm not sure I'm following what you're doing. Are you trying to put in a buff to hp/sp/rp? or are you seeing this behavior with just a straight character leveled up? The HUD's attributes won't look like they are calculated the way the simple sheet's are because they are done by javascript rather than autocalc fields. EDIT: Also, for you operative's edge, I would remove those inline roll brackets as the sheet will already wrap it in an inline roll expression. For the hp/sp/rp I am getting this behavior from initial get go with a new Character I was just trying to be helpfull by also offering some contribution to a solution. I am not looking to buff just to auto-calculate, I know I can buff just with a Mod" As for the Inline Brackets: The Outer Inline Roll Brackets are not needed but the Inner ones are needed to get it to calculate right. Sorry I was Dum-Ba, I over looked something simple. I was Under the impression that the "Drone" check mark was and unfinished feature to add a drone entry area to the bottom of the Main character, for a mechanic NOT to make the whole character a drone as a separate sheet LOL. So it was calculating my HP as a drone not as a character. When I uncheck "drone" HP/SP/RP works fine.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Excellent.
Hi there Scott, I really appreciate what you've done with these character sheets, they've made GM prep a lot easier for me. However, I am having trouble with the Captain Field of the Starship sheet. I am trying to set an NPC Captain stat array directly in the Captain box. I have attempted using the example found in the HUD User Manual bluff +6, Intimidate +8, Computers +3 which provides the pick box in the Chat feed, unfortunately when I select a skill I receive this error message: TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined Is this a known issue or am I inputing the wrong values? Thanks for everything you're doing
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, that should work as you put it in. Let me do some digging and see what is going on.
I tend to go more in depth than I need to and I just totally missed what was right in front of my nose. I Was busy trying to automate most figures in the character to make leveling easier for special abilities that the drone check mark didn't get noticed till I went to make a Mechanic on a different character. I remember turning it on to see the drone features on the sheet, as quoted from before thought it was an unfinished feature to include a mechanic's drone on his sheet. But as I was making a Mechanic later I realized how the would be counter productive to how roll20 works and it would have its own token and sheet. So then I correctly summarized that was just a switch for the sheet processing to figure out to use Drone java scripts, not character scripts.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, that was pretty much my exact reasoning :)

Edited 1521308652
Thanx for your hard work
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Angus, Thanks for the report on the starship crew actions. There was an error in the sheetworker that assembled the menus. I'll have it fixed for the next merge day.

Edited 1521358597
Just want to call something out that I'm seeing (and didn't see a post about it before, so sorry if it's been brought up already). Issue: If you create a character with a dash in their name, such as an android (eg. Clara-247), then put in-line rolls into the description of an attack, it breaks the in-chat menus. Specifics: Clara-247 has Trick Attack rolls in the description of her Survival Knife attack. "Trick Attack If [[1d20+@{stealth}]] > 22: Deal [[1d8]] extra DMG and your target becomes Flat-Footed." This works fine when I call the individual attack from the character sheet... However, when I call the Attacks menu I get this: " Survival Knife|repeating_attack_-l7qlh29wlam0cwjwf2s_roll) " Clicking it results in this: " No ability was found for %{-L7qLWrc43t4jLLGDc95|Clara-247 " For some reason the combination of [Rolls in an attack description] + [Dashed name] breaks all the menus, not just the Attacks menu. I'm honestly not sure if it's the dashed name, the fact she has multiple attacks with the same Trick Attack description, or something else altogether... Anyways, that's all I could figure out from my testing. Hope it helps.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Nick. I'll take a look. This may be an issue with how roll20 handles these though, but I'll take a look.
Thanks again for all the work you're doing Scott! Scott C. said: Angus, Thanks for the report on the starship crew actions. There was an error in the sheetworker that assembled the menus. I'll have it fixed for the next merge day.
Scott C. said: Thanks Nick. I'll take a look. This may be an issue with how roll20 handles these though, but I'll take a look. You're right - it's trying to subtract the number appended to the character's name. Oh well, if you just omit the dash for the actual character sheet, you can still add the dash for the character's Display Name. Another thing I noticed -  the Uses/Day for abilities etc. is defaulting to 0/10 and the total number of available uses cannot be changed. Couldn't find any posts here or info about it in the User Manual doc. Anyways, I also want to echo the others - Thanks for all the hard work, this sheet is turning out pretty great :D
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, weird. Thanks for the report and for looking into those further.