Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Charactermancer (5e OGL) 1.0 Bug Report Thread

Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thank you for the feedback, Rene. As noted in the Known Issues list above, this is scheduled for tomorrow's hotfix.      Rene V. said: After filling in my character and 'applying changes', the screen hangs during the Building the Character screen, specifically at step 3: adding subrace. I'm building a Dwarf (subrace: Hill) rogue with a Criminal/Spy background that I've had to custom build, since its not an optional in the drop down menu.
Thanks for the speedy response to this issue.  Encountered it myself on a few characters and found this forum that said tomorrow it will be fixed.  Fortunately it looks like the charactermancer holds all the info that input into so I won’t lose any progress just waiting tile tomorrow to finish the sheets. 
I'm not seeing an ability score increase option for custom sub-races.  
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Cid Silverwing said (elsewhere): I'm running a D&D 5th Edition with 5e OGL sheets, and this update has broken every single character sheet I made for my players. Literally all listed attacks and spells have ceased functioning, either returning syntax errors or nothing at all. Strangely plain stat rolls and saves still work.
If you lose your internet connection when clicking on the the final "apply" button on the review tab, you receive no error and you get stuck on the following screen indefinitely. Workaround: Once connection is back click Edit in the top right, then cancel, then switch to the previous step, then click next to get back to the review tab, then apply again.

Edited 1530256465
OGL D&D 5e: NPC Spellcasting DCs only display with a value of '0' with a spellcasting ability chosen in both the Spellcasting NPC section and the actual Spell information section. This value does not change even when adding a Spell Save DC Mod to it. Edit: Global Magic Attack Modifier also does nothing. Cantrip Dice for NPCs are also not working with higher level spellcaster levels.

Edited 1530257553
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ziajin said: OGL D&D 5e: NPC Spellcasting DCs only display with a value of '0' with a spellcasting ability chosen in both the Spellcasting NPC section and the actual Spell information section. This value does not change even when adding a Spell Save DC Mod to it. Edit: Global Magic Attack Modifier also does nothing. Cantrip Dice for NPCs are also not working with higher level spellcaster levels. I can confirm this. It does work (for me) for monsters dropped from the SRD, but not new NPCs. I don't know however, if this is a Charactermancer issue, or a sheet issue.

Edited 1530257777
I'm not sure if this is the case for anyone else it seemed I was able to confirm with one friend of mine that it was the same situation for him but I don't want to rule out coincidence on that. Regardless when I create new sections to my campaign I need to use creatures from the monster list and the easiest way for me to look up said monsters is through going to the Monsters list section of the 5E rules. Now it seems ever since the recent charactermancer update arrived, the list of actual monsters either will never finish loading or simply finishes loading and displays nothing regardless of what is entered into the filters. Now as I recall when filters are disabled it sometimes displays the list of monsters but when their name are selected for more information on them the pages cannot be found but when the exact same monster name is searched for in the main search bar of the sits compendium the monster's entry appears no problem (tested using mind flayer and boneswarm to see if it affected other books purchased from marketplace also which it does). I apologise if this issue has been brought up before but I couldn't seem to find mention of this bug anywhere on the forums. Thanks for reading.

Edited 1530264361
I'm not sure if this is only me, but my charactermancer is just stuck on Adding your Subrace.  I just put Human (SRD) as a subrace, nothing crazy, is this normal? I've tried restarting the loading process, but it seems to be just stuck at that part.
I have the PHB. When you add the Dual Wielding feat AC is not updated. When you add the Martial Skill feat, the martial skills are not available to select When you add more than one weapon of the same type no option to show as being dual wielded and hence no attribute added to damage?
Stephanie B. said: Thanks for your feedback. Did you purchase the Players Handbook from the Marketplace? Acolyte is the only background option in the SRD, which would be true for both the Charactermancer and compendium. However, if you purchased the PHB and aren't seeing other backgrounds, that would be something we need to investigate. There's a fix for the hanging Charactermancer waiting for QA right now, so hopefully we will get that fixed soon. Hi Stephanie, Thanks - I've just purchased the Player's Handbook and can now choose from all backgrounds. I've worked around the hanging issue and have managed to create all of my characters, but I'm glad you have a fix on the way. Once these early issues are ironed out, the Charactermancer will be a very cool addition!
Hi Everyone! I have a game and the 'mancer keeps getting stuck on phase 3. Its a custom race and everything checks out with the review, but I noticed that Intelligence was spelled wrong and its highlighted in red. This has to be the only thing messing up my characters creation as I tested everything else.  I think someone goofed on the spelling in a update or something. Just wanted to pass this finding along. Happy rolling everyone!
keithcurtis said: Ziajin said: OGL D&D 5e: NPC Spellcasting DCs only display with a value of '0' with a spellcasting ability chosen in both the Spellcasting NPC section and the actual Spell information section. This value does not change even when adding a Spell Save DC Mod to it. Edit: Global Magic Attack Modifier also does nothing. Cantrip Dice for NPCs are also not working with higher level spellcaster levels. I can confirm this. It does work (for me) for monsters dropped from the SRD, but not new NPCs. I don't know however, if this is a Charactermancer issue, or a sheet issue. I am having this issue too... All my spellcasting monsters/NPCs have lost their spellcasting abilities (DC0, missing spellslots etc...). We have a big boss fight coming up on Monday and rolling the spell attacks manually will slow things down to a crawl...
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of the issue and hope to get this fixed as soon as possible.      Lloydski said: keithcurtis said: Ziajin said: OGL D&D 5e: NPC Spellcasting DCs only display with a value of '0' with a spellcasting ability chosen in both the Spellcasting NPC section and the actual Spell information section. This value does not change even when adding a Spell Save DC Mod to it. Edit: Global Magic Attack Modifier also does nothing. Cantrip Dice for NPCs are also not working with higher level spellcaster levels. I can confirm this. It does work (for me) for monsters dropped from the SRD, but not new NPCs. I don't know however, if this is a Charactermancer issue, or a sheet issue. I am having this issue too... All my spellcasting monsters/NPCs have lost their spellcasting abilities (DC0, missing spellslots etc...). We have a big boss fight coming up on Monday and rolling the spell attacks manually will slow things down to a crawl...

Edited 1530300082
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
A hotfix just went out to resolve some of the Known Issues, specifically: Charactermancer hangs during finalization if you have a custom race, subrace, class, subclass, or background that uses the same name as an existing item in Volo's, the PHB, or Mordenkainen's that you do not have access to. There's no easily-understood Opt Out button for Charactermancer. (Note: If you click Cancel and Discard & Exit, you will go to the character sheet and not see Charactermancer again. But this is less intuitive than an opt-out button) There's no way to disable Charactermancer as a default in your game. ( see the Wiki page for how to ) Custom Race has red untranslated text for Intelligence. Standard array and rolled ability scores can select the same option more than once. Cannot dismiss the NPC confirmation flag. Class Resources overwrite each other incorrectly (example: Making a Ranger after making a Paladin retains Lay on Hands). Please be sure to refresh if you already have a game open and are experiencing any of these issues.
Stephanie B. said: A hotfix just went out to resolve some of the Known Issues, specifically: Charactermancer hangs during finalization if you have a custom race, subrace, class, subclass, or background that uses the same name as an existing item in Volo's, the PHB, or Mordenkainen's that you do not have access to. There's no easily-understood Opt Out button for Charactermancer. (Note: If you click Cancel and Discard & Exit, you will go to the character sheet and not see Charactermancer again. But this is less intuitive than an opt-out button) There's no way to disable Charactermancer as a default in your game. Custom Race has red untranslated text for Intelligence. Standard array and rolled ability scores can select the same option more than once. Cannot dismiss the NPC confirmation flag. Class Resources overwrite each other incorrectly (example: Making a Ranger after making a Paladin retains Lay on Hands). Please be sure to refresh if you already have a game open and are experiencing any of these issues. THANK YOU <3
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You're welcome! Thank you for your patience!     Dullahon said: THANK YOU <3
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Nathan L. said (elsewhere): Afternoon, I have all my NPCs/Monsters setup as character sheets, since the Charactermancer update I now get the below error message twice whenever I roll damage for any of my creatures No attribute was found for @{Unicorn|global_damage_type} It then rolls the damage normally and only I, the DM, can see it. I am using Chrome, latest version No other changes, updates, or addons have been added/removed on my end Screenshot below
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Nathan, Thanks for your report. I'll add this to the backlog. In the meantime, can you go into the sheet settings (gear icon) and toggle the show global damage checkmark on and off at least twice? Some users have reported this fixing a similar issue.     GenKitty said: Nathan L. said (elsewhere): Afternoon, I have all my NPCs/Monsters setup as character sheets, since the Charactermancer update I now get the below error message twice whenever I roll damage for any of my creatures No attribute was found for @{Unicorn|global_damage_type} It then rolls the damage normally and only I, the DM, can see it. I am using Chrome, latest version No other changes, updates, or addons have been added/removed on my end Screenshot below

Edited 1530301318
Stephanie B. said: Nathan, Thanks for your report. I'll add this to the backlog. In the meantime, can you go into the sheet settings (gear icon) and toggle the show global damage checkmark on and off at least twice? Some users have reported this fixing a similar issue.     Hi Stephanie,  Thanks for getting back to me, I when into a few sheets and tried toggling  SHOW GLOBAL DAMAGE MODIFIER FIELD on and off. Toggling this on added a sneak attack modifier to all damage rolls on that sheet. Toggling it back off and rerolling still shows the sneak attack damage. I have to re-enable the option, delete the sneak attack entry, and then disable the option and this then fixes the issue. I'd rather not do this for 100-odd sheets though :P Note: I tried to toggle the same setting off/on/off/on in the global sheet settings out of game but this did not resolve the issue However looks like this sneak issue is already being looked at, so I'll fix them on a case by case as I need them Thanks very much
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks. We are working on it, and hope to have a solution soon. I hope that workaround is sufficient in the short term.     Nathan L. said: I have to re-enable the option, delete the sneak attack entry, and then disable the option and this then fixes the issue. I'd rather not do this for 100-odd sheets though :P Note: I tried to toggle the same setting off/on/off/on in the global sheet settings out of game but this did not resolve the issue However looks like this sneak issue is already being looked at, so I'll fix them on a case by case as I need them Thanks very much     
I created a Rogue. Leveling to 2nd level I drop the "cunning action" feature over the character sheet but instead other two features appeared: "thieves can't" and "sneak attack" (both already have from 1st level).
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Manu said: I created a Rogue. Leveling to 2nd level I drop the "cunning action" feature over the character sheet but instead other two features appeared: "thieves can't" and "sneak attack" (both already have from 1st level). Thanks for your report! I can definitely reproduce this and will add it to the backlog.
I created a Druid (Blue Dragonborn) and tried to level it to 5th level Circle of the Moon. When I tried to add Combat Wildshape I got nothing. When I tried to add Wildshape alone, the features Druidic, Armor Proficiency (Druid), and Ritual Casting (Druid) were all duplicated in the sheet. When I tried to add the Circle Forms feature as a potential workaround I again appear to have had nothing. Windows 10/Chrome.
The Charactermancer incorrectly adds a sneak attack global modifier when I create a Barbarian...? Not sure why this would be, but it's super annoying. Furthermore, I can't figure out how to get rid of it. More info here:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6534220/charactermancer-incorrectly-adding-sneak-attack-modifier-to-every-attack-from-barbarian" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6534220/charactermancer-incorrectly-adding-sneak-attack-modifier-to-every-attack-from-barbarian</a>
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for the feedback. This is the same bug Manu reported, and is high priority to fix early next week.&nbsp; Dave R. said: I created a Druid (Blue Dragonborn) and tried to level it to 5th level Circle of the Moon. When I tried to add Combat Wildshape I got nothing. When I tried to add Wildshape alone, the features Druidic, Armor Proficiency (Druid), and Ritual Casting (Druid) were all duplicated in the sheet. When I tried to add the Circle Forms feature as a potential workaround I again appear to have had nothing. Windows 10/Chrome.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Dylan K. said: The Charactermancer incorrectly adds a sneak attack global modifier when I create a Barbarian...? Not sure why this would be, but it's super annoying. Furthermore, I can't figure out how to get rid of it. More info here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6534220/charactermancer-incorrectly-adding-sneak-attack-modifier-to-every-attack-from-barbarian" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6534220/charactermancer-incorrectly-adding-sneak-attack-modifier-to-every-attack-from-barbarian</a> Thank you for the report. I think this is a character sheet issue. Can you go into the sheet settings and toggle the view global damage modifier on and let me know if you can see a sneak attack modifier (which you can then delete or disable)?&nbsp;
Seems all my issues were fixed. Thanks Roll20 team!
Dissonant Whispers did not automatically add the Spell Save type or DC to the spell, but it seems isolated to that spell as other spells like Vicious Mockery are working fine.
Stephanie B. said: Dylan K. said: The Charactermancer incorrectly adds a sneak attack global modifier when I create a Barbarian...? Not sure why this would be, but it's super annoying. Furthermore, I can't figure out how to get rid of it. More info here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6534220/charactermancer-incorrectly-adding-sneak-attack-modifier-to-every-attack-from-barbarian" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6534220/charactermancer-incorrectly-adding-sneak-attack-modifier-to-every-attack-from-barbarian</a> Thank you for the report. I think this is a character sheet issue. Can you go into the sheet settings and toggle the view global damage modifier on and let me know if you can see a sneak attack modifier (which you can then delete or disable)?&nbsp; Doh! I feel stupid now. I didn't even realize that was a setting there! Thanks!
Stephanie B. said: Dylan K. said: The Charactermancer incorrectly adds a sneak attack global modifier when I create a Barbarian...? Not sure why this would be, but it's super annoying. Furthermore, I can't figure out how to get rid of it. More info here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6534220/charactermancer-incorrectly-adding-sneak-attack-modifier-to-every-attack-from-barbarian" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6534220/charactermancer-incorrectly-adding-sneak-attack-modifier-to-every-attack-from-barbarian</a> Thank you for the report. I think this is a character sheet issue. Can you go into the sheet settings and toggle the view global damage modifier on and let me know if you can see a sneak attack modifier (which you can then delete or disable)?&nbsp; with my character sneak attack and bless keep getting added i have removed it and turned off global modifiers and it comes back...&nbsp;&nbsp;
Am I completely missing where to level a character&nbsp;up? Or does the charactermancer&nbsp;only create level 1 characters? I LOVE this feature by the way! Im&nbsp;terrible at creating characters, I always feel like I leave something out. This is a great tool, and it was very easy to use. Thank you!!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Charactermancer only handles level 1 at the moment. From what has been posted, the road map for the future will feature leveling.
keithcurtis said: Charactermancer only handles level 1 at the moment. From what has been posted, the road map for the future will feature leveling. Thank you!!
I really like the charactermancer, but it is not allowing me to access races that I have purchased other than the players handbook. I would like this issue resolved because if I'm having to type in everything in the custom option then why I'm I spending money on content. Thank you for your time.&nbsp;
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Justin W. said: I really like the charactermancer, but it is not allowing me to access races that I have purchased other than the players handbook. I would like this issue resolved because if I'm having to type in everything in the custom option then why I'm I spending money on content. Thank you for your time.&nbsp; The devs have stated that at launch it only supports the PHB, but they will add support for the other compendium materials over time.
Anybody having an issue with spell DC being incorrect after creating a character with the charactermancer tool? It's showing as 22 when it should be 14. I clicked the gear and I saw a +8 in the spell DC modifier field. I changed it to 0, but it won't correct itself on the sheet, it stays at 22.
Jeff M. said: Anybody having an issue with spell DC being incorrect after creating a character with the charactermancer tool? It's showing as 22 when it should be 14. I clicked the gear and I saw a +8 in the spell DC modifier field. I changed it to 0, but it won't correct itself on the sheet, it stays at 22. Fixed it. The character is a warlock but for some reason checking and unchecking Arcane Fighter fixed the issue.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Jeff M. said: Fixed it. The character is a warlock but for some reason checking and unchecking Arcane Fighter fixed the issue. Thanks for the feedback! I've added this to the list! Dallas D. said: Dissonant Whispers did not automatically add the Spell Save type or DC to the spell, but it seems isolated to that spell as other spells like Vicious Mockery are working fine. Thanks for the feedback. I'll add it to the list. Jon J. said: I have the PHB. When you add the&nbsp;Dual Wielding&nbsp;feat AC is not updated. When you add the&nbsp;Martial Skill feat, the martial skills are not available to select When you add more than one weapon of the same type no option to show as being dual wielded and hence no attribute added to damage? Thanks, Jon! As noted in the Known Issues list, the only thing applied with feats is the ability score bonus, if any. Everything else needs to be done manually for now.
Loren the GM said: Justin W. said: I really like the charactermancer, but it is not allowing me to access races that I have purchased other than the players handbook. I would like this issue resolved because if I'm having to type in everything in the custom option then why I'm I spending money on content. Thank you for your time.&nbsp; The devs have stated that at launch it only supports the PHB, but they will add support for the other compendium materials over time. Thanks, I did miss that.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hoot Games said: Made a character sheet and charactermancer came up. I canceled, made the sheet an NPC and did my changes. Now everytime I open that NPC, the charactermancer screen comes on. I don't believe I created game on DEV server and I want to be able to make NPC without having to chance and then close charactermancer everytime I open the NPC character. How do I turn it off on a) the game and b) on the NPC sheet I made? We rolled out an update that should have taken care of this issue. Are you still experiencing this issue?
Charactermancer either has one hell of a lag, or something, but it's been a constant struggle with drag and drop tokens. Sometimes it would work, other times we would have to delete, and redo. Also, charactermancer shouldn't be messing with other sheets. There have been several occasions to where I've had to redo sheets, made manually, and when charactermancer loaded, it screwed up the abilities, and some spells.

Edited 1530587086
I was hoping to use the online 5e OGL character sheets for all of my players in a campaign I'm starting soon, but when I try to test the Roll20 app on my Galaxy Tab A running Android 7.1.1 all I get are charactermancer popups that I can't get rid of.&nbsp; I went into the desktop version and turned off the charactermancer feature, but they still won't go away in the app.&nbsp; Is there a work around for this or do you know of an ETA on a possible bug fix. . .? Thank you!
I'm having the same issue as Dave R. reported, in the iOS app every character I open there are two "where would you like to go&nbsp; traveler?" dialogs over the character sheet. Charactermancer is disabled for the game, and if I open the characters on a PC there is no charactermancer and the sheets show as normal. I have tried manually starting and cancelling the charactermancer on PC, but it has had no effect on the tablet, the dialogs remain. The app is completely unusable for me in its current state. I'm starting to ponder D&amp;D Beyond, which sucks because you guys just started offering the PHB, which I was really looking forward to.
I'm not sure if this bug came from the updated charactermancer or the OGL 5e character sheet update but I can no longer drag and drop monsters on to the board with out having to update the character sheet.&nbsp; Before the character sheet would switch the sheet to the npc version and update the token now it don't do that.
I have a bug, trying to create an Elf and do a custom subrace, but the Charactermancer doesn't allow me to select subrace ability score increases. Essentially there just needs to be a field that populates when you select subrace to add ability score increases.&nbsp;
Hi I have a question, I've been trying to apply changes and publish my characters sheet but it always freezes before it can save. So when I decide to just save and exit out of charactermancer, and just use the regular character sheet, everyone else can see my character sheet. Please help?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The visibility of your character sheet is set by the GM of your game. As far as I know, Charactermancer doesn't control permissions.
Brenna H. said: I was hoping to use the online 5e OGL character sheets for all of my players in a campaign I'm starting soon, but when I try to test the Roll20 app on my Galaxy Tab A running Android 7.1.1 all I get are charactermancer popups that I can't get rid of.&nbsp; I went into the desktop version and turned off the charactermancer feature, but they still won't go away in the app.&nbsp; Is there a work around for this or do you know of an ETA on a possible bug fix. . .? Thank you! I'm experiencing this very same issue. It's just not possible for me to make the Charactermancer dialogs go away. It wouldn't even bother me as much if it weren't for the fact that one of the dialogues is covering a portion of my sheet.