Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Charactermancer (5e OGL) 1.0 Bug Report Thread

Ana F. said: Brenna H. said: I was hoping to use the online 5e OGL character sheets for all of my players in a campaign I'm starting soon, but when I try to test the Roll20 app on my Galaxy Tab A running Android 7.1.1 all I get are charactermancer popups that I can't get rid of.  I went into the desktop version and turned off the charactermancer feature, but they still won't go away in the app.  Is there a work around for this or do you know of an ETA on a possible bug fix. . .? Thank you! I'm experiencing this very same issue. It's just not possible for me to make the Charactermancer dialogs go away. It wouldn't even bother me as much if it weren't for the fact that one of the dialogues is covering a portion of my sheet. Exact same for me, too. The app is currently useless, given you already can't use the maps/tokens etc on it by design. Now you can't see the character sheets. Having to migrate over to D&D beyond just to play a game. Some sort of acknowledgement of the issue, or a rough ETA on a fix would be great. But not so much, it seems. Shame.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, there! For those of you having issues with the app or mobile/tablet access not closing the dialog box, can you help us diagnose the issue? OS (Android or iOS): Mobile browser or installed app: (Android) Which browser are you using: (ex: Chrome, built-in android browser, etc.) If you are using one browser, can you access it in another and report what happens: Is your game set (by the DM in Game Settings) to disable the charactermancer by default? For other reports: Thanks for your feedback. We are working on fixing a lot of bugs right now. No0bix said: Ana F. said: Brenna H. said: I was hoping to use the online 5e OGL character sheets for all of my players in a campaign I'm starting soon, but when I try to test the Roll20 app on my Galaxy Tab A running Android 7.1.1 all I get are charactermancer popups that I can't get rid of.  I went into the desktop version and turned off the charactermancer feature, but they still won't go away in the app.  Is there a work around for this or do you know of an ETA on a possible bug fix. . .? Thank you! I'm experiencing this very same issue. It's just not possible for me to make the Charactermancer dialogs go away. It wouldn't even bother me as much if it weren't for the fact that one of the dialogues is covering a portion of my sheet. Exact same for me, too. The app is currently useless, given you already can't use the maps/tokens etc on it by design. Now you can't see the character sheets. Having to migrate over to D&D beyond just to play a game. Some sort of acknowledgement of the issue, or a rough ETA on a fix would be great. But not so much, it seems. Shame.
Stephanie B. said: Hi, there! For those of you having issues with the app or mobile/tablet access not closing the dialog box, can you help us diagnose the issue? OS (Android or iOS): Mobile browser or installed app: (Android) Which browser are you using: (ex: Chrome, built-in android browser, etc.) If you are using one browser, can you access it in another and report what happens: Is your game set (by the DM in Game Settings) to disable the charactermancer by default? For other reports: Thanks for your feedback. We are working on fixing a lot of bugs right now. No0bix said: Ana F. said: Brenna H. said: I was hoping to use the online 5e OGL character sheets for all of my players in a campaign I'm starting soon, but when I try to test the Roll20 app on my Galaxy Tab A running Android 7.1.1 all I get are charactermancer popups that I can't get rid of.  I went into the desktop version and turned off the charactermancer feature, but they still won't go away in the app.  Is there a work around for this or do you know of an ETA on a possible bug fix. . .? Thank you! I'm experiencing this very same issue. It's just not possible for me to make the Charactermancer dialogs go away. It wouldn't even bother me as much if it weren't for the fact that one of the dialogues is covering a portion of my sheet. Exact same for me, too. The app is currently useless, given you already can't use the maps/tokens etc on it by design. Now you can't see the character sheets. Having to migrate over to D&D beyond just to play a game. Some sort of acknowledgement of the issue, or a rough ETA on a fix would be great. But not so much, it seems. Shame. iOS 11.4 Roll20 App Charactermancer: Tried with both on or off and no change. Note that right now it's only happening for me when dealing with Monsters/NPCs -- regular characters simply won't load and the app returns a "Your connection to the server has been interrupted" error and then the app closes itself.

Edited 1530900292
Stephanie B. said: Hi, there! For those of you having issues with the app or mobile/tablet access not closing the dialog box, can you help us diagnose the issue? OS (Android or iOS): Mobile browser or installed app: (Android) Which browser are you using: (ex: Chrome, built-in android browser, etc.) If you are using one browser, can you access it in another and report what happens: Is your game set (by the DM in Game Settings) to disable the charactermancer by default? For other reports: Thanks for your feedback. We are working on fixing a lot of bugs right now. Android 4.4.2 Roll20 App Tried with Charactermancer disabled and enabled. No changeso
Stephanie B. said: Hi, there! For those of you having issues with the app or mobile/tablet access not closing the dialog box, can you help us diagnose the issue? OS (Android or iOS): Mobile browser or installed app: (Android) Which browser are you using: (ex: Chrome, built-in android browser, etc.) If you are using one browser, can you access it in another and report what happens: Is your game set (by the DM in Game Settings) to disable the charactermancer by default? For other reports: Thanks for your feedback. We are working on fixing a lot of bugs right now. OS: Android 6.0.1 I'm using the Roll20 App (The issue doesn't appear when using the chrome or firefox browsers for me). I had the problem before and after disabling the charactermancer in the game settings. Thanks for the quick response! If there's anything else you'd need to know, i'd be happy to help. Hopefully the next fix does the job!

Edited 1530970865
I'm on Android 5.0.2 Like No0bix, this problem only occurs when I'm using the app. Browsers work just fine. I had my DM disable Charactermancer in our campaign, but the dialogues are still floating around on and under my character sheet (as pictured in Brenna H's post).
Please add Blade Ward as a Bard 0 level cantrip per the PHB
Blade Ward is not part of the SRD and can only be included with the actual PHB product.
Stephanie B. said: Hi, there! For those of you having issues with the app or mobile/tablet access not closing the dialog box, can you help us diagnose the issue? OS (Android or iOS): Mobile browser or installed app: (Android) Which browser are you using: (ex: Chrome, built-in android browser, etc.) If you are using one browser, can you access it in another and report what happens: Is your game set (by the DM in Game Settings) to disable the charactermancer by default? For other reports: Thanks for your feedback. We are working on fixing a lot of bugs right now. OS: Android 7.0 Roll20 app Works fine in browser, screwy in the app.

Edited 1531001853
Hi Guys, Same issue for me. I am unable to add fighting style and channel divinity for my paladin. I can't even find it on the compendium.  Edit: I have purchased the PHB if it matters. I was using the shaped before and it was doing it before.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Travis H. said (elsewhere): I created a new group today after purchasing the lost mines adventure and the PHB compendium.  We had a few issues: 1) 5th edition charactermancer.  I had no issues.  Every player was prevented from accessing the ability scores and background (aside from the top listed).  They eventually  moved forward and it gave them an error later about not having set their ability scores. I can deal with the 1st by simply helping them with their characters/sheets

Edited 1531017696
Trying to use the app on Ipad. Charactermancer opens automatically and cannot be closed no matter what option you click. Luckily you can't use your character sheet at all because this nonsense can't be closed.It's really great because you can't use your existing character sheet but you also can't make a new one.So not only can you not play, you also CAN'T PLAY!! I have tried everything up to an including uninstalling the app and reinstalling. Charactermancer has crippled the iPad app and ruined my session. I was cbarely able to play at all. This update is absolute garbage. I was about to pay for membership. If i had I would be livid.
I made new character sheet and it wont let me change level of on the sheet. If i turn the chronomancer off from the game settings, then it still wont let me change the level even if i remake the character sheet. I guess everything has to stay level 1 until this is fixed.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It sounds like your game does not have the PHB available (which is a separate purchase). Acolyte is the only background available in the freely distributable SRD, which is the basis of ROll20's 5e Compendium. Just choose acolyte, and then change it afterward, unless the Charactermancer gives you the ability to create a custom background.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is a minor issue but on an NPC character sheet, I can't drag items into it.  I would expect to be able to drag boots of elvenkind onto the NPC sheet and it accepts it.  

Edited 1531334909
Archery fighting style doesn't get added to the weapon attack when I build a Fighter(archer). Easy fix but I thought you should know.

Edited 1531366523
We have a player that is having an issue casting combat spells. If he changes the output from attack he can cast the spell. If he puts attack in the output it will no longer cast the spell.For now he is manually stuck putting in the die rolls unless there is an answer. you can disregard. I found a fix for that. We have to uncheck all the boxes under the proficiency bonus under the cog wheel to the right of spells and then recheck them.
I recently had a problem with the charactermancer, where it would hang when building my character, saying "Adding your Races, applying change 2 of 25". I looked into the console and realized that the problem was with the name of my custom background, which contained a slash ("/") character. If your charactermancer is hanging when you try to build your character, check to see if the name of your custom race/background contains any special characters. If so, remove them and try again. 
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
William W. said: We have a player that is having an issue casting combat spells. If he changes the output from attack he can cast the spell. If he puts attack in the output it will no longer cast the spell.For now he is manually stuck putting in the die rolls unless there is an answer. you can disregard. I found a fix for that. We have to uncheck all the boxes under the proficiency bonus under the cog wheel to the right of spells and then recheck them. Thank you so much for posting your workaround! We have found this bug when investigating the NPC spell issues, and your workaround will help us pin down the issues.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Sora K. said: I made new character sheet and it wont let me change level of on the sheet. If i turn the chronomancer off from the game settings, then it still wont let me change the level even if i remake the character sheet. I guess everything has to stay level 1 until this is fixed. Thanks for your report. Does this happen with all character sheets, or just one? Does this happen in other games? What's the name of the game that's affected?         
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, No0bix, This bug is documented in the Known Issues list, and we have it at the top of the backlog after other critical bugs. Thanks to Ana for the update that the workaround isn't working. I'll bring it back up to the team, since it makes the apps unusable. No0bix said: Ana F. said: Brenna H. said: I was hoping to use the online 5e OGL character sheets for all of my players in a campaign I'm starting soon, but when I try to test the Roll20 app on my Galaxy Tab A running Android 7.1.1 all I get are charactermancer popups that I can't get rid of.  I went into the desktop version and turned off the charactermancer feature, but they still won't go away in the app.  Is there a work around for this or do you know of an ETA on a possible bug fix. . .? Thank you! I'm experiencing this very same issue. It's just not possible for me to make the Charactermancer dialogs go away. It wouldn't even bother me as much if it weren't for the fact that one of the dialogues is covering a portion of my sheet. Exact same for me, too. The app is currently useless, given you already can't use the maps/tokens etc on it by design. Now you can't see the character sheets. Having to migrate over to D&D beyond just to play a game. Some sort of acknowledgement of the issue, or a rough ETA on a fix would be great. But not so much, it seems. Shame.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, everyone! I've updated the 2nd post in this thread with the Known Issues list: The Charactermancer only creates level 1 characters. Available compendiums are the SRD and the PHB if purchased. If you have an existing character sheet, running the Charactermancer from the settings tab will not load your existing character sheet data, and will override it when you apply your changes. (Note: Except for age, the Charactermancer won't touch the Bio tab on your character sheet.) Feats do not validate for pre-requisites. They only add ability score adjustments and add to the feat features to the Features & Traits section. They do not affect other sections of the character sheet (so, for example, a feat that affects your hit points will not be calculated in your hp on the character sheet). Spells from both the PHB and SRD are available, but duplicate spells with non-identical names (such as Tasha's Hideous Laughter and Hideous Laughter) will both appear. These are distinguishable by the 3-letter acronym next to the name. Adjustments to AC from anything other than equipment (such as racial or class features, like the Monk's Unarmed Strike or Unarmored Defense) do not currently populate to the character sheet. Darkvision and Superior Darkvision (drow) both populate on the character sheet. Custom backgrounds do not provide equipment. Custom classes do not provide equipment. It is possible to take 2 shields as a fighter or paladin. Javelin doesn't add a separate thrown entry. This will not be changed. When selecting equipment, it isn't clear which selections are being made. Folk Hero and other backgrounds with additional fluff text scroll off the character sheet. Tablet users report problems trying to exit out of Charactermancer. (Workaround: the game creator can set the default to not use Charactermancer so tablet users won't be stuck; this doesn't always work. We're working on this!) Charactermancer hangs during finalization when custom class/race/subclass/subrace have special characters in their names. PC Attacks and spells don't trigger. (Workaround: In the sheet settings, toggle the Global Modifiers off and on at least twice). Safari users: Can't select multiple proficiencies Charactermancer does not follow roll preferences set in the Game Settings defaults. Criminal Specialty isn't added to the character sheet. The bottom bar for Charactermancer sometimes "floats" above the bottom of the dialog box. Related to the 5e OGL Character sheet, but frequently reported here: NPC spells: DCs were set to 0. Attack ability scores weren't set. Sometimes cannot be set. This is a set of critical bugs that we are working on. Changing spellcasting ability score does not update the spells Attack and DC. Dragging in higher-level class features was only dropping the level 1 features. This has a temporary fix, in that you cannot drag higher level class features into the character sheet. Global Spell DC modifiers were not being kept, and spellcasting ability scores were incorrect.

Edited 1531620442
Finally read all of the posts on this thread to learn only one other person had my issue. :-P I invited a player into my game today and took this as an opportunity to try out the Charactermancer (catchy name, BTW).  The party is level 6, and I'm already aware that the Charactermancer only produces level 1 characters, so I did it with the intent of manually leveling the sheet up to 6 after creation.  After character generation, I updated his HP to what it is at 6th level and learned that, even though the sheet retains the lvl 6 in the box for it, it would still display as lvl 1.  No lvl dependent attributes were updated, either (such as proficiency bonus).  Updating the XP and setting "Auto Level Calculations" to Off had no noticeable outcome.  Although unrelated, I tried toggling the Global fields for attack (hey, it worked for other issues), and still no change. After reading this thread, I saw your request to the previous poster with my issue, and created another new sheet and ran through the process.  This time, upon completion, I immediately went to update the level to 6 and it worked - proficiency bonus updated and everything.  I'm keeping both sheets in my campaign in case the Roll20 team wants to look at any of them for issues. Sheets Used:  D&D 5th Edition with 5e OGL Browser: Chrome ( Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) ) Accessing via PC on a high-speed network connection Does this happen with all character sheets, or just one? ->Just the one Does this happen in other games? ->Not tested What's the name of the game that's affected? ->Please PM me for it as it may or may not be considered family friendly Note: Aside from this *one* issue, the Charactermancer seems to have worked awesomely for me.  Keep up the good work. Stephanie B. said: Sora K. said: I made new character sheet and it wont let me change level of on the sheet. If i turn the chronomancer off from the game settings, then it still wont let me change the level even if i remake the character sheet. I guess everything has to stay level 1 until this is fixed. Thanks for your report. Does this happen with all character sheets, or just one? Does this happen in other games? What's the name of the game that's affected?          EDIT: I'm not certain if it mattered, but another difference between the two instances: The first sheet (the failed one), I also updated the character name through the character sheet before attempting to level it up. For the second sheet, I opened the character, clicked edit, and renamed it via there (where you can add the character portrait and character token). Not sure if that helps any, but I try to make sure to give all the details.
I'm having a major issue with my maps across several campaigns. Since charactermancer was added nearly a dozen maps have been wiped clean of all items. I have also had spells from character sheets also removed. This has been an major issue in playing. Hope all the bugs will be fixed in the future.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Khaykay said (elsewhere): Thread Title: Disable Charactermancer Hello I happen to have the same problem but in the Ipad app, it wont let me close the window so I cant look at a large part of my character sheet

Edited 1531779802
Hello! I had the same issue of getting stuck at Applying changes 3 out of 23. This console.error appears when it happens: jquery-1.9.1.js:8526 GET <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Backgrounds@@!!@@:Soldier/Knight.json?sharedCompendium=3516885&amp;plaintext=true" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Backgrounds@@!!@@:Soldier/Knight.json?sharedCompendium=3516885&amp;plaintext=true</a> 404 ()
Austin said: Hi there, I've been using my android tablet to access my character sheet, it's an SRD5 character sheet provided by my DM. I don't have pro or anything like that, but whenever I try to access my character sheet on my Tablet it asks me if I want to discard and exit, save and exit, or continue Charactermancer. I didn't know charactermancer was a thing until 20 minutes ago. I hit cancel (after managing to find it) and it asks me to fill out the required fields. Discard and exit, and save and exit both ask me to fill in the required fields, and Continue Charactermancer freezes the app. I haven't had this pop up at all on Roll20 in my web browser. I play on Firefox. Like you, I have the same problem on my IPad with the Roll20 app. I can’t close it. To be able to look at my characters sheets without the tabs who ask me to choose between erase and exit, save and exit or diseable, I have to go by safari.&nbsp;
OS (Android or iOS): Android 7.0 (SHIELD Tablet LTE) and Android 8.1.0 (Razer Phone). Mobile browser or installed app: Tried on both. App presents bug (can't get rid of charactermancer prompts) in both tablet and phone, which makes it basically unusable. Mobile browser is fine. (Android) Which browser are you using: (ex: Chrome, built-in android browser, etc.): Firefox and Chrome. Both worked fine. If you are using one browser, can you access it in another and report what happens: See above. Is your game set (by the DM in Game Settings) to disable the charactermancer by default? Yes. May I suggest disabling all charactermancer functinoality in the app until the issue is resolved? The app is basically unusable as is. Mobile browsers can be used, but it's less practical than having a native app optimized for the mobile screen.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for your report. We are working on it! Out of curiosity: Did you sideload the app onto your phone?&nbsp; Maximiliano M. said: OS (Android or iOS): Android 7.0 (SHIELD Tablet LTE) and Android 8.1.0 (Razer Phone). Mobile browser or installed app: Tried on both. App presents bug (can't get rid of charactermancer prompts) in both tablet and phone, which makes it basically unusable. Mobile browser is fine. (Android) Which browser are you using: (ex: Chrome, built-in android browser, etc.): Firefox and Chrome. Both worked fine. If you are using one browser, can you access it in another and report what happens: See above. Is your game set (by the DM in Game Settings) to disable the charactermancer by default? Yes. May I suggest disabling all charactermancer functinoality in the app until the issue is resolved? The app is basically unusable as is. Mobile browsers can be used, but it's less practical than having a native app optimized for the mobile screen.
Absolutely amazing, loving this platform.
So I'm having a problem with my charactermancer created character. When I update his level to a higher one nothing else changes on the sheet. Do I have to manually add everything or is this an issue because charactermancer only supports first level characters?

Edited 1532262197
Stephen N. said: So I'm having a problem with my charactermancer created character. When I update his level to a higher one nothing else changes on the sheet. Do I have to manually add everything or is this an issue because charactermancer only supports first level characters? It's the first item on the known issues section of the first post of this very thread.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, everyone! I've updated the 2nd post in this thread with the bug we fixed this week:&nbsp; Charactermancer does not follow roll preferences set in the Game Settings defaults. Setting the roll preferences in the game settings should now: 1) be respected by charactermancer, and 2) be respected by the 5e OGL sheet. Thanks!
Setting “hide NPC names” under settings does not change the NPC rolls in my Tomb of Annihilation game. Their names are still added to my rolls. I tried checking and unchecking the setting a few times and reloaded the game multiple times, to no avail.&nbsp;
Lloydski said: Setting “hide NPC names” under settings does not change the NPC rolls in my Tomb of Annihilation game. Their names are still added to my rolls. I tried checking and unchecking the setting a few times and reloaded the game multiple times, to no avail.&nbsp; Changing the Default Settings in the Game Settings (outside the VTT) only ensure that characters created after &nbsp;the change will have the specified settings. In order to update existing &nbsp;character sheets, you will need to click on the Apply Default Settings &nbsp;button in the Player Settings (inside the VTT, far right tab of the Chat Window, under the Experimental Features are the bottom of the tab). Note. This will update PC character sheets in addition to NPC character sheets. If this change is meant for NPCs only, you will need to manually adjust the Character Settings for each affected PC. Fortunately there should be far fewer of them.
Thanks Kyle!
Hi Stephanie! &nbsp;I am also experiencing the issues with being unable to close the charactermancer dialog box.&nbsp; OS (Android or iOS): iOS 11.4.1 running on an iPad Pro 12.9" Mobile browser or installed app: Installed app (Issue is not apparent in Safari Browser) (Android) Which browser are you using: N/A but Safari If you are using one browser, can you access it in another and report what happens: Issue is not present in iOS browsers. Is your game set (by the DM in Game Settings) to disable the charactermancer by default? It was not originally, but after reading through the previous posts I requested my DM to disable the feature. &nbsp;The issue is still there after it has been disabled.&nbsp; If you would benefit from any other information that I may be able to provide please let me know. Stephanie B. said: Hi, there! For those of you having issues with the app or mobile/tablet access not closing the dialog box, can you help us diagnose the issue? OS (Android or iOS): Mobile browser or installed app: (Android) Which browser are you using: (ex: Chrome, built-in android browser, etc.) If you are using one browser, can you access it in another and report what happens: Is your game set (by the DM in Game Settings) to disable the charactermancer by default? For other reports: Thanks for your feedback. We are working on fixing a lot of bugs right now. No0bix said: Ana F. said: Brenna H. said: I was hoping to use the online 5e OGL character sheets for all of my players in a campaign I'm starting soon, but when I try to test the Roll20 app on my Galaxy Tab A running Android 7.1.1 all I get are charactermancer popups that I can't get rid of.&nbsp; I went into the desktop version and turned off the charactermancer feature, but they still won't go away in the app.&nbsp; Is there a work around for this or do you know of an ETA on a possible bug fix. . .? Thank you! I'm experiencing this very same issue. It's just not possible for me to make the Charactermancer dialogs go away. It wouldn't even bother me as much if it weren't for the fact that one of the dialogues is covering a portion of my sheet. Exact same for me, too. The app is currently useless, given you already can't use the maps/tokens etc on it by design. Now you can't see the character sheets. Having to migrate over to D&amp;D beyond just to play a game. Some sort of acknowledgement of the issue, or a rough ETA on a fix would be great. But not so much, it seems. Shame.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
We just released a hotfix that speeds up the Charactermancer finishing process. Completing your characters should now be much faster! Read the full release notes&nbsp; here .
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
El Gato of de Churros said (elsewhere): idk why its still bugged for me, but im having these bugs as well as my players: its a very specific process to grab a monster from the compendium, a vanilla monster and give it a token without its character sheet just turning into a PLAYER character sheet and becoming blank. one of my player's magic spells and DC has been lowering despite his Wisdom score being nearly maxed out, as well another character in my game is suffering the same issue. The character sheet gave me 3 bugs on this npc made with the character sheet: I gave a halfling npc a long sword and renamed it halfling axe so its just a stronger axe made for halflings, well when i wanted another axe in case her first one falls out her grasp or such, i added yet another vanilla long sword from the compendium for the convenience and renamed it.&nbsp; well when i went to put a 2 in the magic bonus of the first one... the character sheet removed the two after editing and put it in for the 1d8 damage...&nbsp; it kept doing this...&nbsp; i tried putting a flat 2 in chance to hit and damage instead eventually, it still put that two where the 1d8 goes, removing the damage die...??? it keeps this up untli i hit enter and the sheet have NEVER worked like that before, idk about the previous issues on my PC's DCs for their spells lwoering down to what seems to ignore their modifier... but thats been an issue for a few weeks, it affected the other PC tonight.&nbsp;
Maybe I'm dumb and not getting it, but is there a way to add spells to the character sheet without typing out everything? I've found the gear icon and I can type the name, but do I really have to type up all the details about the spell? It found the others, why can't it find these? Am I doing this wrong?&nbsp;
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Just drag and drop from the compendium. Search for the spell you want, then drag it over. Unless you have the PHB, you will only have access to SRD content, but that is still a lot of the spells available for drag and drop. The Dungeon Master said: Maybe I'm dumb and not getting it, but is there a way to add spells to the character sheet without typing out everything? I've found the gear icon and I can type the name, but do I really have to type up all the details about the spell? It found the others, why can't it find these? Am I doing this wrong?&nbsp;
When opening any character sheet in the Roll20 app, charactermancer opens over top of everything and cannot be closed, making the app currently useless, for most purposes.
When adding a Custom subrace "Ability score increase" is not an option.&nbsp; A lot of subraces have an ability score increase, such as the Eladrin, Sea Elf and Shadar-Kai from Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes.&nbsp; I tried to use Other(custom) Proficiencies with Other and Charisma +1, but after the sheet was built it went away to another dimension.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
TheMarkus1204 said (elsewhere): The Charactermancer is a really nice thing as it is easy to create characters with it. BUT instead of enabling it right from the start, how about put it in the Settings and let the players decide whether they want to use it or not! Because it can be quite irritating if you get a new character sheet as a player and directly see this instead of an empty sheet where you just need to add the character values. As for DSA there exist Tools for character creation so all you need to do is implementing some sort of interface to import said settings / values from that tool... no need to have it there...
Whenever I try to build a folk hero, it won't let me scroll down in the tool selection when it comes to equipment.