Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Charactermancer (5e OGL) 1.0 Bug Report Thread

There is little problems with the tables, this element never disapears, even if we close the character sheet. ( It's the "none" character sheet model )
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, everyone! If you were experiencing the issue with Charactermancer hanging when you apply changes, can you test again and see if it's working now? We pushed out a fix, but since we cannot reliably reproduce the issue, we are hoping to get feedback from those of you who are having this happen consistently for your games. Thank you!
Just came on the forums to see if anyone else is having the hanging on 'Adding your Subraces' issue, and yes, it's still happening for me.

Edited 1530123705
Kyle G. said: Orbax said: None of my PCs in the game I am DMing or my chars in my friends games can cast spells or use weapons. New character I make, can From what I have figured out, it seems to only be affecting spells that are on the CORE page. Per normal with these spells, changing the spell's output to SPELLCARD and back fixes the issue. If this is not what you are seeing, are you receiving any error messages? it is also weapons. i have a broken rogue, etc. and no, no errors. 
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Orbax said: None of my PCs in the game I am DMing or my chars in my friends games can cast spells or use weapons. New character I make, can Do you receive an error message when this happens? Are you casting from the spell sheet, or from the Core tab on the character sheet? How did you create the character (Charactermancer, or was this an existing character)? Were these characters imported through the Character Vault? Your answers will help us pin down the issue. Thanks!
Race was dragonborn, chose subrace. When it applied changes, it was stuck on change 4 for a while. I had to just cancel it. Which I probably am going to do every time...
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Belle said: Race was dragonborn, chose subrace. When it applied changes, it was stuck on change 4 for a while. I had to just cancel it. Which I probably am going to do every time... Belle, Can you confirm if this happened in the last 30 minutes, and does it happen after you refresh? We just pushed a fix for this issue, but have a hard time re-creating it ourselves.

Edited 1530128053
Hey Roll20 Team. I got the same issue as the others in here, with the "stuck on adding subrace" issue. I also happen to be a programmer, so if you guys want some free consulting hours in the form of me sitting on the other end, plodding through Javascript variables with you, let me know :)  EDIT: Oups, looks like you nailed it guys. Checked again now and it works :) 
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
DaymareDev said: Hey Roll20 Team. I got the same issue as the others in here, with the "stuck on adding subrace" issue. I also happen to be a programmer, so if you guys want some free consulting hours in the form of me sitting on the other end, plodding through Javascript variables with you, let me know :)  EDIT: Oups, looks like you nailed it guys. Checked again now and it works :)  I am so glad to read your edit! Thank you for the offer to help!
I did a little bit of investigating on my end. One of my players wanted to make a character that was a monk with a custom race and a custom background. It froze on 1 out of 13. I went back myself and made the same character as a DM, and it did the same. I then tried changing the custom background to one supplied by Charactermancer, and it did the same thing. I then went back and changed the character race to one supplied by the Charactermancer, and changed the background back to something custom, and this worked fine. It is my theory that the issue, in my case, is that there is something wrong with the creation of the custom race.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for the investigation! Can you tell me what game you tested this on?  Garret W said: I did a little bit of investigating on my end. One of my players wanted to make a character that was a monk with a custom race and a custom background. It froze on 1 out of 13. I went back myself and made the same character as a DM, and it did the same. I then tried changing the custom background to one supplied by Charactermancer, and it did the same thing. I then went back and changed the character race to one supplied by the Charactermancer, and changed the background back to something custom, and this worked fine. It is my theory that the issue, in my case, is that there is something wrong with the creation of the custom race.
Logged in using a tablet on android for an existing game of Dungeons and dragons fifth edition. on opening a an existing character sheet it appears to have opened up an exhaustive amount of new character sheets  awaiting stats to be rolled and put in. and i have multiple dialog boxes that go off the visible screen and cannot be dismissed. the dialog box says " where would you like to go, traveler? I have 3 options "discard and exit", "save and exit" and "continue charactermancer" none of the options seem to do anything.

Edited 1530131389
Stephanie B. said: Orbax said: None of my PCs in the game I am DMing or my chars in my friends games can cast spells or use weapons. New character I make, can Do you receive an error message when this happens? Are you casting from the spell sheet, or from the Core tab on the character sheet? How did you create the character (Charactermancer, or was this an existing character)? Were these characters imported through the Character Vault? Your answers will help us pin down the issue. Thanks! Ok so here are the details: 1. I started a game in January. - 5th edition OGL sheets - 7 characters were created January. 3 of the 7 work for everything - but they were retired and untouched since probably march/april. The other 3 that don't work are currently in use and were last used June 16th - but people still mess around with sheets and stuff in between then and now. The last one of the 7 that doesn't work is also one of the early retirees and is the outlier. Otherwise recent usage an updates to sheets seems to be the delineation.  - Additionally, another 3 were created within the last 2 months and cannot cast spells from either spells or core tabs and cannot weapon attack from the core page. Last used the 16th as well. - I created a character with the charactermancer and it works fine for weapons and spells. - Removing and adding weapons and spells does nothing for nonfunctional characters. - Adding net new spells and weapons does nothing - NPCs work just fine. 2. I am *in* a game started about a month ago - SRD5 Roll20 sheets - Characters last used June 21 - Character is a rogue, cannot use weapons to attack. - Removing and adding weapons and spells does nothing. - Adding net new spells and weapons does nothing 3. I am *in* a game started about a month ago - All sheets are 5th Edition OGL - Last used 6/17  - One is a fighter one is a wizard. Spells and weapons DO work and all seems to be well. Character Vault exporting and importing characters that DO NOT work in one game DO NOT  work in other games. The characters that do not work, however were all original creations in each game. Characters that DO WORK  in other games DO WORK  on import to another. Let me know if you need more!
Stephanie B. said: Thanks for the investigation! Can you tell me what game you tested this on?  Garret W said: I did a little bit of investigating on my end. One of my players wanted to make a character that was a monk with a custom race and a custom background. It froze on 1 out of 13. I went back myself and made the same character as a DM, and it did the same. I then tried changing the custom background to one supplied by Charactermancer, and it did the same thing. I then went back and changed the character race to one supplied by the Charactermancer, and changed the background back to something custom, and this worked fine. It is my theory that the issue, in my case, is that there is something wrong with the creation of the custom race. The game is 5th Edition ( OGL by Roll20 ). I found out what my issue was. She made a race that was based on the Tabaxi (same ability score increases, same languages, armor, and tool proficiencies), but with several significant changes. It has a higher movement speed, dagger as a weapon proficiency, a tweaking of one trait (upping the climb speed from 20 to 25 feet and changing the modifier from Strength to dexterity for the trait 'Cat's Claws'), and changing two traits outright from normal Tabaxi. However, after doing some more testing, I figured out that the issue is that she still called it a Tabaxi in the name of the race. As soon as I changed the name of the race to something else, such as Cheetah, it started working just fine. My guess is that there is some kind of conflict when she tried to call it the same thing as a race in the system already since there is already data for that particular name. Just for giggles, I changed the race name to Lizardfolk, and it did the same thing. It just looks like you can't name your race the same as something already in the system, which is easy enough to fix. Once again, just for grins and giggles, I changed the name of the custom background to something that I know is already in the system (Urchin), and it froze there as well, and I'm guessing it's for that same reason. I don't know if that is on purpose, or if its a bug, but it's useful to know.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Chris W. said: Logged in using a tablet on android for an existing game of Dungeons and dragons fifth edition. on opening a an existing character sheet it appears to have opened up an exhaustive amount of new character sheets  awaiting stats to be rolled and put in. and i have multiple dialog boxes that go off the visible screen and cannot be dismissed. the dialog box says " where would you like to go, traveler? I have 3 options "discard and exit", "save and exit" and "continue charactermancer" none of the options seem to do anything. Thanks, Chris. We have a ticket for tablet related issues, and will add your comments to it.    

Edited 1530136031
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I don't know how to tell you this, but you are the hero of today. This is helping the team a LOT. We have more testing to do, but this helps us pin down this issue a great deal. Thank you! Garret W said: The game is 5th Edition ( OGL by Roll20 ). I found out what my issue was. She made a race that was based on the Tabaxi (same ability score increases, same languages, armor, and tool proficiencies), but with several significant changes. It has a higher movement speed, dagger as a weapon proficiency, a tweaking of one trait (upping the climb speed from 20 to 25 feet and changing the modifier from Strength to dexterity for the trait 'Cat's Claws'), and changing two traits outright from normal Tabaxi. However, after doing some more testing, I figured out that the issue is that she still called it a Tabaxi in the name of the race. As soon as I changed the name of the race to something else, such as Cheetah, it started working just fine. My guess is that there is some kind of conflict when she tried to call it the same thing as a race in the system already since there is already data for that particular name. Just for giggles, I changed the race name to Lizardfolk, and it did the same thing. It just looks like you can't name your race the same as something already in the system, which is easy enough to fix. Once again, just for grins and giggles, I changed the name of the custom background to something that I know is already in the system (Urchin), and it froze there as well, and I'm guessing it's for that same reason. I don't know if that is on purpose, or if its a bug, but it's useful to know.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Orbax, Thank you so much for this information-- it's really helpful. In another thread, someone reported that turning off, then on again, the global attack/damage modifiers in the character sheet (the gear icon) fixed the problem. Can you try that and let me know if it works? Orbax said: Let me know if you need more!
Stephanie B. said: I don't know how to tell you this, but you are the hero of today. This is helping the team a LOT. We have more testing to do, but this helps us pin down this issue a great deal. Thank you! Garret W said: The game is 5th Edition ( OGL by Roll20 ). I found out what my issue was. She made a race that was based on the Tabaxi (same ability score increases, same languages, armor, and tool proficiencies), but with several significant changes. It has a higher movement speed, dagger as a weapon proficiency, a tweaking of one trait (upping the climb speed from 20 to 25 feet and changing the modifier from Strength to dexterity for the trait 'Cat's Claws'), and changing two traits outright from normal Tabaxi. However, after doing some more testing, I figured out that the issue is that she still called it a Tabaxi in the name of the race. As soon as I changed the name of the race to something else, such as Cheetah, it started working just fine. My guess is that there is some kind of conflict when she tried to call it the same thing as a race in the system already since there is already data for that particular name. Just for giggles, I changed the race name to Lizardfolk, and it did the same thing. It just looks like you can't name your race the same as something already in the system, which is easy enough to fix. Once again, just for grins and giggles, I changed the name of the custom background to something that I know is already in the system (Urchin), and it froze there as well, and I'm guessing it's for that same reason. I don't know if that is on purpose, or if its a bug, but it's useful to know. You are most welcome, and I'm glad my investigations and fiddlings were able to help work out some bugs in the system. I think that Charactermancer will really help speed up the process of making your character, as well as reduce input errors, since all of the information is already there in the system. I look forward to seeing how it works when all of the kinks have been ironed out.
Just recently wanted to boot up a one-shot, however players and myself are having the frozen at "Adding sub-races" screen. I attempted using a custom sub-race, and it still freezes at the "adding sub-races" screen.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Andrew K. said: Just recently wanted to boot up a one-shot, however players and myself are having the frozen at "Adding sub-races" screen. I attempted using a custom sub-race, and it still freezes at the "adding sub-races" screen. Thank you, Andrew. Can you try renaming the sub-race to something that isn't in a published book like Volo's, the PHB, or MToF?
Stephanie B. said: Andrew K. said: Just recently wanted to boot up a one-shot, however players and myself are having the frozen at "Adding sub-races" screen. I attempted using a custom sub-race, and it still freezes at the "adding sub-races" screen. Thank you, Andrew. Can you try renaming the sub-race to something that isn't in a published book like Volo's, the PHB, or MToF? Negative, still stuck on adding sub-races; even with a different custom name than other races/sub-races.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
OK, thank you. I will pass this on to the devs.  Andrew K. said: Stephanie B. said: Andrew K. said: Just recently wanted to boot up a one-shot, however players and myself are having the frozen at "Adding sub-races" screen. I attempted using a custom sub-race, and it still freezes at the "adding sub-races" screen. Thank you, Andrew. Can you try renaming the sub-race to something that isn't in a published book like Volo's, the PHB, or MToF? Negative, still stuck on adding sub-races; even with a different custom name than other races/sub-races.
Stephanie B. said: Orbax, Thank you so much for this information-- it's really helpful. In another thread, someone reported that turning off, then on again, the global attack/damage modifiers in the character sheet (the gear icon) fixed the problem. Can you try that and let me know if it works? Orbax said: Let me know if you need more! Ha, wow. I was just one step away from solving it. Yes, that worked. I had only UNchecked the global modifiers thinking that was it. It *will not* work if you merely uncheck them. You HAVE to uncheck and recheck. After that unchecking will then work. The old characters were before we started doing the modifier thing. Thank you so much!! 
Stephanie B. said: John S. said: From the last thread as I didn't see it it the known issues list: When I chose a background that gives a skill proficiency that I already have, it does not give me the option to chose another proficiency. Backgrounds, PHB P.125 (proficiencies): "If a character would gain the same proficiency from two different sources, he or she can choose a different proficiency of the same kind (skill or tool) instead." Thanks for your feedback. I'll add a ticket to revamp backgrounds. You should be prompted in the Review slide to go back and select another proficiency, but we might be able to make backgrounds more flexible. Thank you. That would be great as your new choice is not limited to  proficiencies granted during class selection.

Edited 1530149211
I'm running into issues being stuck at the adding your subraces. I'm using a rockgnome as chosen from a menu. I'm struggling to upload a picture (the editor hangs) so here's a text paste of an error I found on the JS console: app.js?1530136351:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530136351:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 13ms app.js?1530136351:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 14ms app.js?1530136351:351 Querytest took until 16ms app.js?1530136351:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 17ms app.js?1530136351:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 24ms app.js?1530136351:352 Took 26ms VM16:1244 UPDATING TOOL: -LG2xp0M-n3jG-1n6AXx app.js?1530136351:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530136351:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 20ms app.js?1530136351:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 35ms app.js?1530136351:351 Querytest took until 45ms app.js?1530136351:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 45ms app.js?1530136351:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_category app.js?1530136351:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_name app.js?1530136351:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_content app.js?1530136351:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_traits app.js?1530136351:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_tool_prof app.js?1530136351:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_parent app.js?1530136351:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 56ms app.js?1530136351:352 Took 57ms VM16:5023 Dropped Subraces:Rock Gnome 2VM3542:1 OPTIONS <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/</a> 405 () app.roll20.net/:1 Failed to load <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/</a> : Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin ' <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> ' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 405. This is on google chrome with Windows 10. Similar issues pop up on different browsers.
I'm having issues with creating my Half-Elf Warlock. I can fill out the charactermancer; however, when it asks me to choose armor proficiencies, I don't have enough choices in the drop-down box to adequately fill out the form.&nbsp; Then, when I go to "Apply Changes," it gets stuck on creating Classes.&nbsp; The message shows "Applying change 1 out of 39" and just stays there.
Okay, maybe I'm an idiot, but I am extremely frustrated with this, my screen has been stuck on "Building your character" for about 4 hours now. It's been at "Applying change 2 out of 25" The whole time. It was a brand new character I'm adding to my game. What did I do????

Edited 1530157058
I'm Having issues with the site currently when I open up any character sheet (5e OGL) in any of my campaigns it shows up a blank window. If I click the edit button at the top right it pops up a window the say ERROR Unable to find Character to edit. Anyone else having this issue?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Crosspost from&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6531144/charactermancer-and-spelllists-5e" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6531144/charactermancer-and-spelllists-5e</a> Felix M. &nbsp;said: Hi, so I'm happy that we finally got a charactermancer to make it easier to create the characters, but it doesnt work correctly. As a Druid or Cleric I should get all Spells added to the list but only prepare a select few. The selection in the charactermancer lets me choose the correct amount of spells that i can prepare, but then it only adds the ones I selected and doesnt even mark them as prepared. So I still have to manually add all spells. Is that supposed to work like that? A bug? Or just a limitation of the charactermancer?

Edited 1530184037
Human sorcerer, criminal background copy/pasted. Hung on Subraces. Querytest took until 29ms app.js?1530136358:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 29ms app.js?1530136358:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 38ms app.js?1530136358:352 Took 39ms app.js?1530136358:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530136358:352 Foudn a pre-defined key order! app.js?1530136358:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 28ms app.js?1530136358:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 28ms app.js?1530136358:351 Querytest took until 30ms app.js?1530136358:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 30ms app.js?1530136358:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_category app.js?1530136358:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_name app.js?1530136358:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_content app.js?1530136358:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_parent app.js?1530136358:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 37ms app.js?1530136358:352 Took 39ms VM16:5023 Dropped Subraces:Standard Human (unknown) Dropped Subraces:Standard Human marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 () /editor/#:1 Failed to load <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/</a> : Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin ' <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> ' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 405. Also get a bug on my attack rolls from an older human fighter. It shows the roll and a +0 right next to it. I would post an image but it's not letting me.
Steve K. said: Elfen said: Frankly, how do I shut it off so I can use standard Character sheets already provided? It's hard to navigate for new players and for old players it not what they are use to. Is there any way to restore it to the standard character sheets like we use to? Clicking "Cancel" and then "Discard and exit" will permanently exit the Level 1 Charactermancer and not launch it again, unless done so manually. I have to do this every time I make an NPC? For a DM, that is unnecessary overhead. As a player, I'd rather not use it as i am fine with drag-drop from compendium. Can we just have a toggle button to run it rather than be forced to use it and then turn it off using two clicks?
Hoot Games said: Steve K. said: Elfen said: Frankly, how do I shut it off so I can use standard Character sheets already provided? It's hard to navigate for new players and for old players it not what they are use to. Is there any way to restore it to the standard character sheets like we use to? Clicking "Cancel" and then "Discard and exit" will permanently exit the Level 1 Charactermancer and not launch it again, unless done so manually. I have to do this every time I make an NPC? For a DM, that is unnecessary overhead. As a player, I'd rather not use it as i am fine with drag-drop from compendium. Can we just have a toggle button to run it rather than be forced to use it and then turn it off using two clicks? You can also set the Game Setting that defaults new characters to NPCs. This will prevent the charactermancer from loading on any new characters.
Jinker said: Also get a bug on my attack rolls from an older human fighter. It shows the roll and a +0 right next to it. I would post an image but it's not letting me. Try enabling/disabling the Global Attack Modifier within the Player Setting.

Edited 1530196504
Kyle G. said: Jinker said: Also get a bug on my attack rolls from an older human fighter. It shows the roll and a +0 right next to it. I would post an image but it's not letting me. Try enabling/disabling the Global Attack Modifier within the Player Setting. No luck. It's not a huge deal, just annoying.&nbsp; Nevermind, I did it a few times and it worked. Thanks! Darn, now I get this when I click for damage. And I don't have Sneak Attack anywhere on my sheet.
Kyle G. said: Hoot Games said: Steve K. said: Elfen said: Frankly, how do I shut it off so I can use standard Character sheets already provided? It's hard to navigate for new players and for old players it not what they are use to. Is there any way to restore it to the standard character sheets like we use to? Clicking "Cancel" and then "Discard and exit" will permanently exit the Level 1 Charactermancer and not launch it again, unless done so manually. I have to do this every time I make an NPC? For a DM, that is unnecessary overhead. As a player, I'd rather not use it as i am fine with drag-drop from compendium. Can we just have a toggle button to run it rather than be forced to use it and then turn it off using two clicks? You can also set the Game Setting that defaults new characters to NPCs. This will prevent the charactermancer from loading on any new characters. Good to know, but I would still rather have a toggle button to launch it from the sheet rather than work around an optional tool I don't need.

Edited 1530200557
Steve K. said: Rob M. said: Just tried to use it. Got through the entire process then when I hit "Apply Changes", it gets stuck on: Adding your Subraces Applying change 3 out of 27 Are you able to provide a browser console log of when you experience this issue? Same error for me. Here you go, error from console log.&nbsp; First off, I do not have the players handbook purchased but some party members do.&nbsp; Second, this is what I get if i do a custom human subrace, it crashes on "adding your subraces, applying 3 out of 27" Dropped Races:Human VM25:4999 Creating custom drop for Subraces:Vhuman app.js?1530136358:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530136358:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 12ms app.js?1530136358:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 12ms app.js?1530136358:351 Querytest took until 13ms app.js?1530136358:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 14ms app.js?1530136358:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 17ms app.js?1530136358:352 Took 18ms app.js?1530136358:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js?1530136358:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 10ms app.js?1530136358:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 11ms app.js?1530136358:351 Querytest took until 12ms app.js?1530136358:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 13ms app.js?1530136358:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_category app.js?1530136358:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_name app.js?1530136358:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_speed app.js?1530136358:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_parent app.js?1530136358:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 17ms app.js?1530136358:352 Took 18ms Dropped Subraces:Vhuman 2marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/:1 OPTIONS <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/</a> 405 () app.roll20.net/:1 Failed to load <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/</a> : Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin ' <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> ' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 405. ========================================== If I instead just do Standard Human for subrace it dies at the same point: Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 21ms app.js:352 Took 22ms VM25:5023 Dropped Races:Human (unknown) Dropped Races:Human app.js:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 12ms app.js:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 12ms app.js:351 Querytest took until 12ms app.js:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 13ms app.js:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 15ms app.js:352 Took 16ms app.js:351 Really updating character sheet values app.js:351 Setting up repeating sections took until 12ms app.js:351 Finding list of dirty attributes took until 12ms app.js:351 Querytest took until 13ms app.js:351 Attribute cache compliation took until 13ms app.js:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_category app.js:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_name app.js:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_content app.js:352 FILLED IN A DEFAULT VALUE FOR drop_parent app.js:352 Set values (including auto-calcuating variables) took until 16ms app.js:352 Took 16ms VM25:5023 Dropped Subraces:Standard Human (unknown) Dropped Subraces:Standard Human 2marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/ Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 () app.roll20.net/:1 Failed to load <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/</a> : Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin ' <a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a> ' is therefore not allowed access. The response had HTTP status code 405.
This is a minor content issue, but confusing to first time players.&nbsp; In the Attributes section the description for Constitution and Dexterity are identical. (Constitution is incorrect) Dexterity Measures : Physical agility, reflexes, balance, poise Constitution Measures : Physical agility, reflexes, balance, poise
Are Volo's races not supported? I bought both PHB and Volo's and I don't see any Volo's races.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Modziek. That question was asked some distance above. I believe only the PHB is supported at the moment, but long range plans are for other sourcebooks as well.
I just logged in on the iOS app and whenever I try to bring up a character (PC or NPC) I get two discard/save/continue boxes covering the top of the sheet and they won't go away. These are existing characters (two of which were made with the charactermancer) and I don't need the charactermancer any more, but I do need to see the stat blocks it's covering. (I've seen a similar issue mentioned with Android, but not yet with iPad)
Gid
Roll20 Team
Sharon F. said: I'm having issues with creating my Half-Elf Warlock. I can fill out the charactermancer; however, when it asks me to choose armor proficiencies, I don't have enough choices in the drop-down box to adequately fill out the form.&nbsp; Then, when I go to "Apply Changes," it gets stuck on creating Classes.&nbsp; The message shows "Applying change 1 out of 39" and just stays there. Dane Mercer said: Okay, maybe I'm an idiot, but I am extremely frustrated with this, my screen has been stuck on "Building your character" for about 4 hours now. It's been at "Applying change 2 out of 25" The whole time. It was a brand new character I'm adding to my game. What did I do???? Can both of you capture a console log when the Charactermancer hangs up during the applying phase? It will help to see if your issues look similar to Daniel P 's issues up thread. Rokhead said: This is a minor content issue, but confusing to first time players.&nbsp; In the Attributes section the description for Constitution and Dexterity are identical. (Constitution is incorrect) Dexterity Measures : Physical agility, reflexes, balance, poise Constitution Measures : Physical agility, reflexes, balance, poise I'll create a ticket for this issue. Thank you for the feedback! Miodziek said: Are Volo's races not supported? I bought both PHB and Volo's and I don't see any Volo's races. Currently, the first pass of the Charactermancer is only compatible with the 5E OGL and its PHB compendium expansion. Volo's is not available at this time, but we plan on including it over in later passes.

Edited 1530217767
Is there a flag I can set for my game that will prevent the Charactermancer from appearing on a 5e sheet by default? That would be very helpful. My players are not all technical savvy, and it's only a matter of time before someone clicks something other than the Cancel button when they open their sheet, deleting their already made character.

Edited 1530223502
Hello - Since the charactermancer update, I have been unable to modify spell attack or global spell save DC in the settings cog options on any of my character sheets. When can I expect this to be fixxed? I also find myself unable to change my spellcasting ability from one to another on my spells page. (Or rathar, changing this has no effect on my prepared spells)
Gid
Roll20 Team
We've just updated the known issues on the first page of this thread. I'm quoting it for convenience sake: Drespar said: Charactermancer (5e OGL) 1.0 Known Issues (Updated June 28, 2018) The Charactermancer only creates level 1 characters. Available compendiums are the SRD and the PHB if purchased. If you have an existing character sheet, running the Charactermancer from the settings tab will not load your existing character sheet data, and will override it when you apply your changes. (Note: Except for age, the Charactermancer won't touch the Bio tab on your character sheet.) Feats do not validate for pre-requisites. They only add ability score adjustments and add to the feat features to the Features &amp; Traits section. They do not affect other sections of the character sheet (so, for example, a feat that affects your hit points will not be calculated in your hp on the character sheet). Spells from both the PHB and SRD are available, but duplicate spells with non-identical names (such as Tasha's Hideous Laughter and Hideous Laughter) will both appear. These are distinguishable by the 3-letter acronym next to the name. Adjustments to AC from anything other than equipment (such as racial or class features, like the Monk's Unarmed Strike or Unarmored Defense) do not currently populate to the character sheet. Darkvision and Superior Darkvision (drow) both populate on the character sheet. Custom backgrounds do not provide equipment. Custom classes do not provide equipment. It is possible to take 2 shields as a fighter or paladin. Javelin doesn't add a separate thrown entry. This will not be changed. Folk Hero and other backgrounds with additional fluff text scroll off the character sheet. Charactermancer hangs during finalization if you have a custom race, subrace, class, subclass, or background that uses the same name as an existing item in Volo's, the PHB, or Mordenkainen's that you do not have access to. (Scheduled) There's no easily-understood Opt Out button for Charactermancer.&nbsp; &nbsp;(Scheduled) (Note: If you click Cancel and Discard &amp; Exit, you will go to the character sheet and not see Charactermancer again. But this is less intuitive than an opt-out button) There's no way to disable Charactermancer as a default in your game.&nbsp; &nbsp;(Scheduled) &nbsp; Custom Race has red untranslated text for Intelligence.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;(Scheduled) &nbsp; Standard array and rolled ability scores can select the same option more than once.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;(Scheduled) &nbsp; Cannot dismiss the NPC confirmation flag.&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;(Scheduled) &nbsp; Class Resources overwrite each other incorrectly (example: Making a Ranger after making a Paladin retains Lay on Hands). Charactermancer does not follow roll preferences set in the Game Settings defaults. Tablet users report problems trying to exit out of Charactermancer. (Future Workaround: after the hotfix, the game creator can set the default to not use Charactermancer so tablet users won't be stuck.) Charactermancer might be hanging during finalization for other cases; we are still investigating. Attacks and spells don't trigger. (Workaround: In the sheet settings, toggle the Global Modifiers off and on at least twice.) Safari users: Can't select multiple proficiencies Constitution attribute description is incorrect. Criminal Specialty isn't added to the character sheet. The bottom bar for Charactermancer sometimes "floats" above the bottom of the dialog box.&nbsp; There are known issues with text editors that you will find over in the Text Editor Bug Report Thread. Things marked&nbsp; (Scheduled) are in a hotfix that is scheduled to release tomorrow morning (June 29). We found a late issue in the hotfix that must be fixed and tested-- and we just don't have time to do that before Thursday night prime time gaming. Thank you everyone for your patience this week. I know this has been a rough update, but I hope that in the long run, you will love this tool and the changes we've made. Also, we are working on new processes that will reduce these kinds of rough updates in the future, with longer testing cycles and smaller, more frequent updates.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Crayola said: Hello - Since the charactermancer update, I have been unable to modify spell attack or global spell save DC in the settings cog options on any of my character sheets. When can I expect this to be fixxed? I also find myself unable to change my spellcasting ability from one to another on my spells page. (Or rathar, changing this has no effect on my prepared spells) Hi, Crayola! An unusual bug. Can you help us reproduce it? Are those existing character sheets, or ones that were created with Charactermancer? Do you have global modifiers in the sheet settings turned on or off? What is the name of your game (we can look it up and see if there's something uniquely different about your game or sheet that might cause this issue.)
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Shadowglass said: Is there a flag I can set for my game that will prevent the Charactermancer from appearing on a 5e sheet by default? That would be very helpful. My players are not all technical savvy, and it's only a matter of time before someone clicks something other than the Cancel button when they open their sheet, deleting their already made character. Hi, Shadowglass. There's a setting scheduled to roll out as noted in the updated Known Issues list that will address your issue. In the meantime, although we warn users left, right, and sideways that your data will be deleted, the changes don't actually get applied until you click "Apply Changes." Hopefully that gives you a little peace of mind until we can roll out that setting for this feature.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Dave R. said: I just logged in on the iOS app and whenever I try to bring up a character (PC or NPC) I get two discard/save/continue boxes covering the top of the sheet and they won't go away. These are existing characters (two of which were made with the charactermancer) and I don't need the charactermancer any more, but I do need to see the stat blocks it's covering. (I've seen a similar issue mentioned with Android, but not yet with iPad) Thanks, Dave. We have this logged as well in the known issues list and in our ticketing system. Starting tomorrow, the game creator should be able to disable that setting across the board. Additionally, if you login from a computer and cancel out of Charactermancer using Discard &amp; Exit, it won't (shouldn't-- please let us know if it still does!) come back unless you seek it out in the sheet settings page. It's not ideal for your situation, but it's a workaround you can use while we fix the underlying issue.
Stephanie B. said: Crayola said: Hello - Since the charactermancer update, I have been unable to modify spell attack or global spell save DC in the settings cog options on any of my character sheets. When can I expect this to be fixxed? I also find myself unable to change my spellcasting ability from one to another on my spells page. (Or rathar, changing this has no effect on my prepared spells) Hi, Crayola! An unusual bug. Can you help us reproduce it? Are those existing character sheets, or ones that were created with Charactermancer? Do you have global modifiers in the sheet settings turned on or off? What is the name of your game (we can look it up and see if there's something uniquely different about your game or sheet that might cause this issue.) Hello, Thanks for the response! This is something that happened to existing character sheets, not ones created with the charactermancer tool. The only correlation is that this bug occurred with the charactermancer update. I am adding +1 to "Spell save DC mod" in the upper leftmost box on the character sheet settings (As if simulating the bonus from a +1 rod of the pact keeper) And it is not effecting my global save DC. I am also getting incorrect DCs with an INT based warlock character of mine on a campaign server called "Legend of Lunaria" - Character Name "Volbis Randompage"
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Crayola said: Hello, Thanks for the response! This is something that happened to existing character sheets, not ones created with the charactermancer tool. The only correlation is that this bug occurred with the charactermancer update. I am adding +1 to "Spell save DC mod" in the upper leftmost box on the character sheet settings (As if simulating the bonus from a +1 rod of the pact keeper) And it is not effecting my global save DC. I am also getting incorrect DCs with an INT based warlock character of mine on a campaign server called "Legend of Lunaria" - Character Name "Volbis Randompage" Thank you! I will make a bug report and get this looked at.
After filling in my character and 'applying changes', the screen hangs during the Building the Character screen, specifically at step 3: adding subrace. I'm building a Dwarf (subrace: Hill) rogue with a Criminal/Spy background that I've had to custom build, since its not an optional in the drop down menu.