Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Text Editor Update Bug Report Thread

Ashling I have often seen such popup boxes over the last years on Roll20, but they vanish after a relatively short while.  Most annoying when they cover the chat and hide the rolls as they come up.  Never seen that one, or under those circumstances. 
+1 Tables. Just finished making all the information for a new game over 200 pages of linked handouts. Same as everyone else. Nothing new. Just wanted to be heard. 
I'm glad to see the tables are somewhat fixed and that I can edit and close the tokens. Still having issues with the floating tabs for those tables. On another note, I understand your frustrated Stephanie and some members can get testy, however this,     "We are working to solve them, and we are definitely "doing our best's to fix this," as you say." Is not acceptable behavior for someone in your position, it's obvious that wasn't a good humored response to a member who pays for this websites services. Emphasis on the "pays".

Edited 1530139935
now it looks like the new tables still visible i hope the old tables will be fixed the floating pop up still appear thx for the fixes   Ps after a quick test ive found that old tables you copy to libreoffice writer appear invisible i think the default table lines the writer tables appears fine looks like the default line color for old table is just set to write (maybe this can help)
Ashling K. said: When I put a link to a monster's sheet inside the gm notes on a token, there seems to be a floating edit/unlink box which gets stuck on the page, it's causing the game to freeze up if you click edit.&nbsp; How do you get rid of the box, and what is it for? I can't seem to move it.&nbsp; It's the same on chrome, edge and firefox. I love all the updates btw.&nbsp; Keep up the good work! I'm experiencing the same issue.&nbsp; Detailed Step 4 feedback provided here in my original post: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6528729/unusual-hyperlink-behavior-in-token-gm-notes" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6528729/unusual-hyperlink-behavior-in-token-gm-notes</a>
The worst part of all of this, is that I'm often using tables. Not 12 hours before the update hit I was actively adding content to an entirely new table that I had spent a fair number of hours adding to; over several handouts for a game I was in the proccess of setting up. I come back to it; mid edit; and the update had hit ( Saving as I went ) and found the new API came in and completely fudged my work. I really do hope the old tables are fixed; as I've made sure to pay for this service coming up 4 years this fall. I don't pay for a service to completely mess it up without fixing it. All my time on the website; whilst handouts never got changed... it was something I honestly liked, as it meant it never broke. Considering handouts are one of the few resources on your website that are 100% universal to all games, I am simply amazed at the total lack of sufficiant testing; there had to be other avenues to chase down; another week or two it could have waited; or even a mock live build on a test website to double check before afflicting such a major alteration to the core website. I've had a real bad week and it's only being made worse by a product I honestly do pay for, getting altered and broken for no reason other than not exploring all avenues before application. I may sound rude; but that's because I care. I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't.

Edited 1530176969
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Ah, I apologize if it seemed like I was mocking. I took Zeno's tone to be good natured at that point ("doing our best's" came across to me as playful, not hostile), and was trying to match their tone.&nbsp; Nonetheless, tone in text communication is always fraught with possible misinterpretation, so my apologies for sounding flippant or dismissive.&nbsp; Jose L. said: I'm glad to see the tables are somewhat fixed and that I can edit and close the tokens. Still having issues with the floating tabs for those tables. On another note, I understand your frustrated Stephanie and some members can get testy, however this, &nbsp; &nbsp; "We are working to solve them, and we are definitely "doing our best's to fix this," as you say." Is not acceptable behavior for someone in your position, it's obvious that wasn't a good humored response to a member who pays for this websites services. Emphasis on the "pays".
I did try disabling all my addons/extensions, it didn't help. I tried updating to the newest version while still having all the addons/extensions disabled. Not only did it not help, it just broke a bunch of other stuff for me, so I spent a lot of time figuring out how to revert to my old version (which continues to work fine aside from this). Heh... actually, I just realized that is kinda applicable to this situation. I updated an old piece of software, and it broke everything, so I fixed it by *going back to the old version*. You should try that.

Edited 1530156189
Hi everybody. I´m having problems with lists (ordered or not). I just can´t insert any subitem. The "tab" button doesn´t work anymore. Is it possible with the new version of the text editor?

Edited 1530161096
This is a confirmation of table text bugs as well as most of all the others cited in this thread. Formatting and table cells and rows in all of my handouts has been completely ruined, ruining hundreds of hours of hard work.&nbsp;I would also like to cite and complain about the lack of Table headers and table formatting, the lack of which seems like a major step back for me. What seems like the obvious &nbsp;lack of proper testing for this feature is, frankly, infuriating - especially given that this is a service that I pay for. While I understand the need to update, this update has been rolled out in a manner that is, simply put, unacceptable. Bugs happen with every new feature - I understand that. But that is just more reason for this to have received the proper testing and trial-runs via the dev server instead of being rushed out.
to better seperate segments and hight certain things in a handout/charactersheet, I used to created colored text background and formatting in html with notepad and simply copy it into the text editor. This no longer works :(

Edited 1530178629
you can also try to fix old tables by coping them to word/writer enable borders and copy paste them to roll20 i hope i will dont need to copy all my tables i have like 100 tables ps : the issue of foating tool with tables seems when you show it and click on save/ cancel button witch the cursor on a table leaving the cursor what ever else will not make the floating "popup" bug

Edited 1530179845
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Crosspost from&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6530940/tables-in-bio" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6530940/tables-in-bio</a> TetNak &nbsp;said: Tables set up in the bio section of the character sheets have formatting errors after the update. Is there any easy way to fix this without redoing the entire table?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Crosspost from&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6530053/numbers-displayed-in-the-tokens-circles-askew" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6530053/numbers-displayed-in-the-tokens-circles-askew</a> Jase &nbsp;said: Since the new update, the number's representing the bars in the red, green and blue circles on tokens is really low. I'm not sure if this is related to the new update as I've seen a few other post's relating to problems with text. The only thing I've changed since last game is purchased and enabled the Players Handbook and installed the CombatTracker and StatusInfo API scripts.
The lines in the table are hardly noticeable, but it's ok if it has to be. But Horizonal Rule (CTRL+ENTER) it is very invisible - Too much.
I have a big game today that relies a lot on my handouts, which are all not working and messed up... any word when this will be fixed? I kind of don't want to subscribe to Pro anymore until this is fixed...
First, kudos on continually updating your site and functionality. It's appreciated by those of us who use Roll20 extensively for their campaigns. Second, I do have some requests/bugs (FYI - I am using Firefox if it matters): I have noticed that when using brackets to create links from hand out to hand out, that the brackets don't always take the first time. I sometimes have to reedit the handout by selecting the bracketed text, retyping it, then saving before it creates the link. Not sure why. This seems to happen more to handout pages which existed prior to the most current editor update rather than new handouts created afterward. COLOR! It is sorely missed, and was used extensively by me for readability. As you can probably guess, I use handouts extensively with my players to augment their session notes and handouts. Most importantly, the text color for hyperlinks is now gone, making it all but impossible to note where the links exist in the handout. I'm getting around this by now adding additional underlining of text, but color made it stand out a bit more in a sea of black text. And going back to reedit all of my handouts to add underlining just isn't a good use of my time. :( Finally, the text editor now expands as the text is added, which can be fine, but when it stretches beyond the toolbar at the top, it gets cumbersome to reset the text window every time you save and reedit the same handout. It doesn't remember your preference on text window size, and there doesn't appear to be a way to fix the editor window size. Perhaps a way to either fix the editor size, or "pop out" the tool bar so that it floats along with where you are typing? Again, thank you for your continued support of the tool. :)

Edited 1530211023
Never really had to do this, but hey, we can't play anymore and there's like mostly no info so far about when it'll be fixed. So yeah, I'm complaining, my players are complaining, I can't edit nor the colors, nor the tables, there's that floating random stuck box that keep popping every time I edit something, and that force me to refresh the page everytime I do so. The charactermancer thing seems pretty cool, though I'll probably not use it for now.&nbsp; Hope the whole stuff can be fixed quickly since we can't play in these conditions, and nobody likes to postpone games, especially when you are paying for a service that stop working from one day to another. I know it's a lot of work for you and I love this site, but damn, that just feels for us like you're throwing an uptade without checking what it'll do.

Edited 1530224201
Ravenknight
KS Backer
Yey for upcoming hotfix 29th. I'm still kinda surprised that this wasn't tested before implemented though.
Still issues with text in games
This is a BIG issue for the Visually Impaired.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Shannon said: Still issues with text in games Roll20 will not be able to rollback their css changes made to the editor as part of the charactermancer update... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6532499/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6532499/</a> I'm working on an update to the PF Community Sheet and will submit ASAP.
Gold
Forum Champion
Everyone be sure to read Page 1 and revisit the opening post in this thread. Stephanie from the Roll20 Team has provided some important updates. Stephanie B. said: Known Issues List: (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING) Tables are showing up missing their lines (Scheduled) Colors were removed (Scheduled) Dialog box for links are off screen. (Scheduled) Links in text don't look like links. (Scheduled) Links to other handouts can't be made. (Scheduled) Forum posts: Quote font is too big. (Scheduled) Dropdown for styles covers the GM Notes area (Scheduled) Popups to add/remove rows or other formatting in the app persist even after you try to get away. (Scheduled) Popup for external link persists and can't be dismissed. (Scheduled) Long texts push the toolbar up out of sight (Scheduled) GM Notes text can break APIs Token Text not centered Tall images in forum posts don't wrap properly Things marked&nbsp; (Scheduled) are in a hotfix that is scheduled to release tomorrow morning (June 29). We found a late issue in the hotfix that must be fixed and tested-- and we just don't have time to do that before Thursday night prime time gaming. Thank you, everyone for your patience this week while we gathered bug reports and worked to fix these issues. I know it isn't fun to open your handouts and have them changed without warning. We are working on processes to limit these kinds of difficult releases in the future, including longer testing times, and smaller, more frequent releases to limit overall impact on users.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Gold said: Everyone be sure to read Page 1 and revisit the opening post in this thread. Stephanie from the Roll20 Team has provided some important updates. Also: We pushed out a hotfix to address many of the issues you all have reported. Thank you all for your patience. I can tell you are all very passionate about this platform, and I am grateful for all your help the past couple of days.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Vince said: Roll20 will not be able to rollback their css changes made to the editor as part of the charactermancer update... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6532499/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6532499/</a> I'm working on an update to the PF Community Sheet and will submit ASAP. Vince, you are a sheet authoring hero.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Stephanie B. said: Vince said: Roll20 will not be able to rollback their css changes made to the editor as part of the charactermancer update... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6532499/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6532499/</a> I'm working on an update to the PF Community Sheet and will submit ASAP. Vince, you are a sheet authoring hero. Highly unlikely.&nbsp; ;-) Fix submitted:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/3881" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/3881</a>
Vince said: Shannon said: Still issues with text in games Roll20 will not be able to rollback their css changes made to the editor as part of the charactermancer update... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6532499/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/6532499/</a> I'm working on an update to the PF Community Sheet and will submit ASAP. It is not so much the sheet, though fixing that would be good, it is the font size in the chat that is the bigger issue.&nbsp; How do I apply the fix to the sheet?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've just discovered this update has distorted one of my sheet's roll templates. It is now stretched vertically, with table lines visible, like this: Previously the number was centered within the shield, and the spacing between lines was a lot shorter (as was the shield) and those table lines weren't visible. Are the roll20 hotfixes going to fix this, or is this something I have to adjust in CSS? I don't want to tweak the CSS to fix this, and then find the roll20 DEVs apply a fix at their end breaking my fixes, forcing me to start over again. So, what should I do? Wait for roll20 to fix at their end, or fix the CSS myself?
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
G G said: I've just discovered this update has distorted one of my sheet's roll templates. It is now stretched vertically, with table lines visible... ...Are the roll20 hotfixes going to fix this, or is this something I have to adjust in CSS? I don't want to tweak the CSS to fix this, and then find the roll20 DEVs apply a fix at their end breaking my fixes, forcing me to start over again. So, what should I do? Wait for roll20 to fix at their end, or fix the CSS myself? I've discovered the same issue with my API scripts that output to chat. I have the same question as GG. Should I fix this or wait on the Roll20 update?
Hi, guys, I'm really not sure what was all done but there were some MAJOR changes visually. Not only does the WYSIWIG editor look different, but styling has all been buggered (links no longer show up as a different color in handouts making it difficult for my players to know what's clickable), and worst of all it's gone and made the 4e power template look terrible! What it used to look like. What it now looks like. It takes up so much space, and it's so much less visually appealing! Is this a bug, or intended 'feature'?
The font change (thats my guess) has altered all the dnd 4e Templates and all the star trek adventure templates now are messed up as the font overlaps stuff.&nbsp;
Well after two days of trying to get someone on your support team to respond to my post, I've finally (hopefully) found the right place for it. But, who knows, I might get pointed somewhere else. Simplified version of my issues: your update deleted my tables, and the hyperlinks are no longer purple or pink or whatever. The info from the tables is still there, just not organized or formatted into a table. It's just loose text. All I need to know from you is if these issues will be fixed soon, or should I go through the thousands of handouts in my game to fix them by hand?
I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but the pf_attack roll template for the Starfinder (simple) sheet is now messed up, since the update.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Shannon said: It is not so much the sheet, though fixing that would be good, it is the font size in the chat that is the bigger issue.&nbsp; How do I apply the fix to the sheet? The roll templates used for the PF community sheet will also be adjusted.&nbsp; I've submitted an updated css file (<a href="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vince-roll20/roll20-character-sheets/17eb4ec49e66a5079169eb692b7f0e80b5b2f87e/Pathfinder-Neceros/pathfinder-neceros.css" rel="nofollow">https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vince-roll20/roll20-character-sheets/17eb4ec49e66a5079169eb692b7f0e80b5b2f87e/Pathfinder-Neceros/pathfinder-neceros.css</a> ) and as per his instructions, I have sent Steve an email asking for them to run the update ASAP so we don't have to wait till next week.&nbsp; The update will automatically get pushed to everyone's games using the community sheet.&nbsp; If they like, Pro users can use a custom sheet and grab the html, translation, from the repo( <a href="https://github.com/vince-roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/17eb4ec49e66a5079169eb692b7f0e80b5b2f87e/Pathfinder-Neceros" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vince-roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/17eb4ec49e66a5079169eb692b7f0e80b5b2f87e/Pathfinder-Neceros</a> ) and substitute the updated css code I linked above. The PF community sheet diminished font-size issue was discovered very quickly, but I have a feeling we are going to see many more sheets with issues after these latest changes to roll20's css. ;-(
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just going to drop a link to Steve's statement regarding sheet styling updates here in case any authors stop by to report issues :)
Woo Hoo!!!&nbsp; Thank you so much for the updates, and so quickly as well. :) Stephanie B. said: Gold said: Everyone be sure to read Page 1 and revisit the opening post in this thread. Stephanie from the Roll20 Team has provided some important updates. Also: We pushed out a hotfix to address many of the issues you all have reported. Thank you all for your patience. I can tell you are all very passionate about this platform, and I am grateful for all your help the past couple of days.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thomas,&nbsp; Sorry you've had so much trouble finding this thread. We pushed a hot fix out yesterday that should have addressed these issues. The top post in this thread has the current Known Issues (hyperlink color is still one of them). Can you check your games, refresh, and see if your handouts are fixed?&nbsp; Thomas G. said: Well after two days of trying to get someone on your support team to respond to my post, I've finally (hopefully) found the right place for it. But, who knows, I might get pointed somewhere else. Simplified version of my issues: your update deleted my tables, and the hyperlinks are no longer purple or pink or whatever. The info from the tables is still there, just not organized or formatted into a table. It's just loose text. All I need to know from you is if these issues will be fixed soon, or should I go through the thousands of handouts in my game to fix them by hand?
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, all! We just pushed a hotfix that fixes the centering in the tokens and the Pathfinder community sheet has been updated to fix the font size issue.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
GG: Can you refresh and see if this issue persists? I'm not familiar with this style of roll template, so if you can give me some information on what sheet you're using, the name of your game, etc., that would also help.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; G G said: I've just discovered this update has distorted one of my sheet's roll templates. It is now stretched vertically, with table lines visible, like this: Previously the number was centered within the shield, and the spacing between lines was a lot shorter (as was the shield) and those table lines weren't visible. Are the roll20 hotfixes going to fix this, or is this something I have to adjust in CSS? I don't want to tweak the CSS to fix this, and then find the roll20 DEVs apply a fix at their end breaking my fixes, forcing me to start over again. So, what should I do? Wait for roll20 to fix at their end, or fix the CSS myself?
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Trevormark said: I did try disabling all my addons/extensions, it didn't help. I tried updating to the newest version while still having all the addons/extensions disabled. Not only did it not help, it just broke a bunch of other stuff for me, so I spent a lot of time figuring out how to revert to my old version (which continues to work fine aside from this). Heh... actually, I just realized that is kinda applicable to this situation. I updated an old piece of software, and it broke everything, so I fixed it by *going back to the old version*. You should try that. Hi, Trevormark. We've pushed quite a few fixes out, and I do test on the most recent version of Firefox, version 61. I'm not sure we can fully support Firefox 32, but I hope that you can refresh and see if the recent updates helped fix any of the issues you've been having. We are not, however, going back to the old version. Thank you for the suggestion.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Lucas M. said: Hi everybody. I´m having problems with lists (ordered or not). I just can´t insert any subitem. The "tab" button doesn´t work anymore. Is it possible with the new version of the text editor? Lucas, To make a sub-item in the new text editor, use the little paragraph styling drop-down that's next to the list button and click the paragraph indent button. I know this works from inside games (such as in handouts), but I also know it is a little wonky outside of the app (such as in forums). And the dev who is best able to fix it is offline today, so we won't get a fix in for the forums right away.
before everythings thx for the fix of tables and other im not sure if this is normal but floating table bug still here im sorry if i make a bad post os windows 10 web browser tested chrome and opera
Are there plans to fix the behaviour of return to insert both CR and LF instead of just CR?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believe you can force a LF only by typing shift-return.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I know this sounds silly, but: Did you refresh your browser? Is there a table somewhere in there, maybe even for layout purposes, that might be causing that? Can you post the name of your game here, so we can check it out?&nbsp; moster48 said: before everythings thx for the fix of tables and other im not sure if this is normal but floating table bug still here im sorry if i make a bad post os windows 10 web browser tested chrome and opera

Edited 1530300510
Stephanie B. said: I know this sounds silly, but: Did you refresh your browser? Is there a table somewhere in there, maybe even for layout purposes, that might be causing that? Can you post the name of your game here, so we can check it out?&nbsp; moster48 said: before everythings thx for the fix of tables and other im not sure if this is normal but floating table bug still here im sorry if i make a bad post os windows 10 web browser tested chrome and opera yes i just refreshed it before posting and even now the bug still here the game is called "void clash" there is no tables here&nbsp; web browser opera 54 for&nbsp; Windows 10 64-bit
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Salut, Moster! I peeked into your game. I found one stray asset in the lower left corner of the tokens layer on the large map that the players land on when they come into your game (the one screen shotted above). It looks like an empty or invisible box. I don't know if it's the cause, but if you don't need it, you could select it, delete it, and see if that resolves the issue? I found it by using select-all (CTRL-A) in your map, on the token layer. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll escalate this for more dev attention, but it is unlikely to be resolved before next week. moster48 said: yes i just refreshed it before posting and even now the bug still here the game is called "void clash" there is no tables here&nbsp; web browser opera 54 for&nbsp; Windows 10 64-bit
i removed the empty invisible box but this bug happen always when i edit a player table and keeping the cursor in a table and pressing cancel mouving the cursor somewere else out of a table before pressing cancel/save dont make the bug
I hope that there is a fix soon for the GM notes breaking api scripts.&nbsp; I am no longer able to create monsters using the very handy script I've been using for years.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
John F. said: I hope that there is a fix soon for the GM notes breaking api scripts.&nbsp; I am no longer able to create monsters using the very handy script I've been using for years.&nbsp;&nbsp; It's a high priority bug, and we hope to get to it soon.&nbsp; Thanks for your feedback!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;