Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Text Editor Update Bug Report Thread

Finderski and Brett, I have added your info to let the devs know that further investigation is needed. In the meantime, could you grab a console log and see if we can get any output from the upload icon? Thank you!
I seem to have missed it, but I am still unable to wrap text around pictures in the forums, or align the pictures to one side or the other.  The list says this is fixed, but when I edit posts, this is not the case.  Does this fix not work with editing?  Thanks.
Stephanie said there was a partial fix here.   Which I think just means that doing it won't break things. I think the actual fix is here , by keithcurtis. And an easier way to do it here , by me. (read keith's post first)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Noon's posted methods will work, especially the subsequent refinement. (thanks!) But it is still a workaround.
Ever since the text editor change I have to refresh my forum pages several times to upload a picture to a post. I've noticed others having the same issue on this thread. Is there a fix in the works?
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Drespar said: Brian C. and Andreas J., I have submitted a ticket in regards to this issue for the subbing out of colons for the ":" Any update?

Edited 1542452525
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
If you edit the text of a link within the cell of a table, it wraps the contents of the cell in a paragraph tag, adding extra height to just that cell. 1 text 2 text with a paragraph break 3 Link text typed into "Insert Link" modal 4 Link created by selecting text and then creating the link 5 Link text edited after the fact 1 and 4 have the same amount of space above and below the text. The others have extra space on the bottom, presumably because of interaction with the paragraph and table data styling.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Rolling on a rollable table where the result is a string of text that starts with a number only displays the number. "8 goblin commandos" is displayed as "8"

Edited 1544371820
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Copying and pasting a link that will send a command to the chat window distorts the "To what url should this link go?" while keeping the "Text to Display" the same. `/w gm There are [[1d4]] eggs inside the nest. changes to <a href="https://app.roll20.net/editor/%60/w%20gm%20There%20are%20[[1d4]]%20eggs%20inside%20the%20nest" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/editor/%60/w%20gm%20There%20are%20[[1d4]]%20eggs%20inside%20the%20nest</a>.
Has anything been done with colons when linking to rolls using ` ?

Edited 1547084786
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Just checking in, is this thread being watched anymore, or should we be posting new threads in the main forum?
Hi Brian, We are still watching this post, yes. Apologies for replies not being sent out regarding the reported bugs. That said, there are tickets for all existing issues up to this point.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Drespar said: Hi Brian, We are still watching this post, yes. Apologies for replies not being sent out regarding the reported bugs. That said, there are tickets for all existing issues up to this point. Thanks&nbsp; Drespar , is there any sort of ETA on the replacement of colons when a backtick is used in the link?
No ETA currently, that said I will query the devs for information on the ticket. Brian C. said: Thanks&nbsp; Drespar , is there any sort of ETA on the replacement of colons when a backtick is used in the link?
DM Dietrich said: I seem to have missed it, but I am still unable to wrap text around pictures in the forums, or align the pictures to one side or the other.&nbsp; The list says this is fixed, but when I edit posts, this is not the case.&nbsp; Does this fix not work with editing?&nbsp; Thanks. Still unable to align images and the homebrew work around doesn't work anymore. Is this something still being worked on?

Edited 1547595019
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There still seems to be a lonnng list of known issues with the text editor update... One in particular; Images don't always upload to forum posts (this is not a text editor bug, but it is a bug we're aware of). I still have to make multiple attempts at uploading images.&nbsp;&nbsp; Is this supposed to be fixed or is it marked off the list because it's not actually a text editor bug?&nbsp; Thanks
Vince said: There still seems to be a lonnng list of known issues with the text editor update... One in particular; Images don't always upload to forum posts (this is not a text editor bug, but it is a bug we're aware of). I still have to make multiple attempts at uploading images.&nbsp;&nbsp; Is this supposed to be fixed or is it marked off the list because it's not actually a text editor bug?&nbsp; Thanks I second this. I always have problems uploading all but the tiniest of images to a forum post. I can sometimes get it to work if it's the first thing I do (then type before and after the image) but not always. This is a huge drawback, especially when looking for help/advise in the forums... which is what they're here for. I'm frankly amazed this has been marked as "fixed" when it clearly is not.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In the effort to reduce frustration with the image uploading process, I do have a workaround with a so far 100% success rate. The bug seems to be related to uploading from your local hard drive. Using an image URL has yet to fail me. I have a dump folder on Imgur. If I need to upload an image to the forum, I drop it in that folder, click on it to get the direct URL (it's a button you can press), and use that instead of choosing a file. Yes, it's a tedious addition of several steps, but it does save time in the long run because it beats multiple click-waiting-failing cycles. I also have an&nbsp; extension for Chrome &nbsp;(and a different one for Firefox ) that will either send any online image to Imgur and fill your clipboard with the URL with a single right click, or allow you to do the same with a screen capture.