Advertisement Create a free account

Improving Audio, Storage, and Performance

1550178216
Nico
Pro
Okay, I have been pretty critical witch Roll20 and the way to spend a lot of work and time on things that would not benefit me even though I pay money. Having a "House is burning, but lets buy new furniture" attitude for a long time and never reworking old system. Lately this has changed and we see new features, ever GM can use and reworked old features that make life easier.I hope this will continue but I stay skeptical to the very end. So, that is to tell you where I stand when we talk about roll20. One thing I have to mention though, is the fact that roll20 has been pretty generous with its payment model. You almost get the entire catalogue of features even when you pay nothing! No hidden schemes to force you to pay, no "Wanna use this cool feature? Pay 9.99!". Even now I find their business model pretty tame for what you generally expect from, what almost is a monopoly. I do understand that people are angry now, but it really isn't roll20s fault here. I don't have any numbers but I would assume that just giving every free user 100 mb extra is more than giving every pro/plus user triple what they had before. @Roll20Team, can you give us any statement on this?   I do have 3 questions though: 1) If I remember correctly, it was said that people that are a gm in a game made by a pro/plus user, would also benefit from increased space. Was this idea scrapped, forgotten or is still in consideration? 2) How do you check if a user has the rights to upload a song? Is there a content-id system in place? 3) There was the suggestion to use dropbox to stream music. Is this a thing you really looking into ?
For everyone worried about not having music resources, here is an archived post from when Incompetech was first introduced that has a lot of music options from that resource sorted by purpose.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4039327/new-audio-9-slash-28-incompetech-tracks-in-the-jukebox/?pageforid=4053061#post-4053061" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4039327/new-audio-9-slash-28-incompetech-tracks-in-the-jukebox/?pageforid=4053061#post-4053061</a> I'd strongly encourage everyone to check out the Incompetech tracks. While they aren't all great, there are something like 1000+ music tracks there that don't count against your storage, and you are likely to find something that fits your needs. If sorting through them on Roll20 is difficult, I'd also suggest using the search on the Incompetech website, where you can sort by genre/topic/mood etc. to pinpoint tracks that fit what you are looking for.
1550178760

Edited 1550178863
Tom
Plus
Sorry but if you can't pay 5 dollars a month, or whatever the asking price is, especially for a GAME, then maybe you just don't get to use it. It doesn't have to be free just because you want it to be. The original complainer was a free user with 1000+ hours logged, presumably for free use of a non-essential service. I have zero sympathy for this. On an unrelated note: It would be cool if there were a way to copy over fanburst stuff to the Roll20 system in the timeframe between now and when fanburst shuts its doors. :o)
1550178823
Nico
Pro
Loren the GM said: For everyone worried about not having music resources, here is an archived post from when Incompetech was first introduced that has a lot of music options from that resource sorted by purpose.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4039327/new-audio-9-slash-28-incompetech-tracks-in-the-jukebox/?pageforid=4053061#post-4053061" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4039327/new-audio-9-slash-28-incompetech-tracks-in-the-jukebox/?pageforid=4053061#post-4053061</a> I'd strongly encourage everyone to check out the Incompetech tracks. While they aren't all great, there are something like 1000+ music tracks there that don't count against your storage, and you are likely to find something that fits your needs. If sorting through them on Roll20 is difficult, I'd also suggest using the search on the Incompetech website, where you can sort by genre/topic/mood etc. to pinpoint tracks that fit what you are looking for. Thank you. This will definitely be looked at, though I use a good selection of Kevins free music already. Also for everyone that&nbsp; owns The Witcher games, they include music that should be legal to use in a "private use" case (not a lawyer!).
1550179324
Rage B. said: Riddle me this, people who paid. Why won't you switch tabs to youtube? Or set up a bot on discord? *Thumbs up*&nbsp; What he said.
I will say for a start that $4.99 per month is not that much. People are making silly comparisons by say "cup of coffee daily" when they should realise that the sub is barely more than the cost of a mug of cappuccino... A mug of cappuccino a month. And in the case of a group of friends wanting to play that cant afford individually an upgraded account, they only need to pitch a little more than a dollar to their GM. All that being said. Free users should have their storage increased - maybe not as much as an increase as paid users perhaps a doubling if space is an issue. Rage B. said: Riddle me this, people who paid. Why won't you switch tabs to youtube? Or set up a bot on discord? I have. For songs that I want that aren't (or should I say weren't) in Fanburst. Setting up a discord bot like Rhythm is trivial and once that is in all you have to do is type in your discord !play [youtube link] and you're set.
Dylan L. said: Rage B. said: Riddle me this, people who paid. Why won't you switch tabs to youtube? Or set up a bot on discord? *Thumbs up*&nbsp; What he said. The answer is within the question itself. Because we paid.
1550179956
Nico said: &nbsp; I do have 3 questions though: 1) If I remember correctly, it was said that people that are a gm in a game made by a pro/plus user, would also benefit from increased space. Was this idea scrapped, forgotten or is still in consideration? 2) How do you check if a user has the rights to upload a song? Is there a content-id system in place? 3) There was the suggestion to use dropbox to stream music. Is this a thing you really looking into ? #3 sounds like a capital idea for free users.&nbsp; Link to a play-list through the Jukebox API, free user GM is responsible for making sure no one "pirates" the sound stash and is also responsible for keeping the file sizes down to manageable levels.&nbsp; THIS would be a solution.&nbsp; Not great, but better than tabbing youtubs or spotify (commercial heavy services), or having paid users spit in our faces and say "deal with it cheapskate" (which shows a level of contempt that frankly is appalling).
1550179988
Axel
Pro
Sheet Author
Would a new level of subscription, between Free and Plus, that just provides additional storage space (1 GB or so), be a good suggestion one this topic?
Tanis A. said: It's funny watching people trying to defend R20 in their actions here. "Just use another program for your music then" one of the appeals of R20 is the integration. I'm a paying member, and even I&nbsp; &nbsp;think you guys fucked this one up. Also, Chandra, that's one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard, because a R20 subscription isn't going to give somebody the energy they need to go out and work a job like a cup of coffee would, what kind of "why don't poor people just buy more money" level of excuse is that? Thank god we have a reasonable voice amongst the collective whose arguments are literally "Just pay lol". Fanburst is obviously the responsible of this happening, but apparently the solution given by Roll20 to this is screwing up free users. As a lot of people have already said, not everyone can afford to get a monthly subscription, and even some people that can, won't be willing to do so, because this might be just a casual hobby that they do once in a while. 100 MB for both Art and Music is not enough.&nbsp; Anyway, I really hope that Roll20 hears out their free users, and give us at least separate storage for music even if its just 100 MB for each, which is still pretty low, because on the contrary, this can have a really negative impact on the community, but it seems like most paying users don't give a damn about it.
It is not contempt to point out flawed logic. A person who pays for a service should rightly be able to receive features depending upon their level of investment. This is completely logical. The scathing criticisms from those who expect more benefits while contributing no monetary value (the thing that keeps the lights on) is what is illogical.
1550180192
Jesse
Plus
I paid *and* I used to alt-tab out to use a third party service for music.&nbsp; It was the only option at the time.&nbsp; Now as a subscriber I have other options.&nbsp; Free users are still free to do it the old way if coughing up $5 is too much trouble.
its called an elgato stream deck with a program called sound pad cost me like 200 bucks and i can use it with ANY program, works off your computer files and you can just set it up to push a hot key on the stream deck for the sound, i got so many sounds and music clips.
100mb for music is nothing and you know it. At least pretend you don't want to cash in on Fanburst's death by bumping us to 300mb, that way we can still function properly. Me and my players pooled together to buy a pro account for me and another GM in several occasions and I would be find asking to pool money together again in the future however bumping up everyone BUT the free accounts seems kind of unfair and just a tactic to get some quick cash. Alternatively, why not just integrate youtube as Fanburst was integrated? If I have to resort to a bot on Discord I suppose I will, roll20 is still convenient even with this severe limitation... but it will absolutely be troublesome for me and others, meaning that we or at the very least I would be less keen on paying for a pro account, especially since my funds are low and I cannot afford a monthly subscription each month. However, another solution... why not make account just above "Free" but below "Pro"? A one time payment that allows us a greater deal of space (someone suggested 500mb before, I think that could serve the purpose) without requiring a monthly subscription, maybe throw some extra bonuses in it as well? I don't know, I am not a coder nor I know how you want to run your business... still, the fact that you need to pay monthly for me at the very least is a big turn off, though I assure you that if there was a one time payment both me and my players would be delighted to pool resources together and buy it. If not... well, as I said I can sort myself out in other ways but then it will mean I will use less roll20 resources than before, meaning I won't really need to pay extra services. Still, something is better than nothing and the new feature is a welcomed if meager solution.
1550181256
Devily said: 100mb for music is nothing and you know it. At least pretend you don't want to cash in on Fanburst's death by bumping us to 300mb, that way we can still function properly. Me and my players pooled together to buy a pro account for me and another GM in several occasions and I would be find asking to pool money together again in the future however bumping up everyone BUT the free accounts seems kind of unfair and just a tactic to get some quick cash. Alternatively, why not just integrate youtube as Fanburst was integrated? If I have to resort to a bot on Discord I suppose I will, roll20 is still convenient even with this severe limitation... but it will absolutely be troublesome for me and others, meaning that we or at the very least I would be less keen on paying for a pro account, especially since my funds are low and I cannot afford a monthly subscription each month. However, another solution... why not make account just above "Free" but below "Pro"? A one time payment that allows us a greater deal of space (someone suggested 500mb before, I think that could serve the purpose) without requiring a monthly subscription, maybe throw some extra bonuses in it as well? I don't know, I am not a coder nor I know how you want to run your business... still, the fact that you need to pay monthly for me at the very least is a big turn off, though I assure you that if there was a one time payment both me and my players would be delighted to pool resources together and buy it. If not... well, as I said I can sort myself out in other ways but then it will mean I will use less roll20 resources than before, meaning I won't really need to pay extra services. Still, something is better than nothing and the new feature is a welcomed if meager solution. Okay...NOW we're starting to have people give ideas that make sense. *big hugg*
I hope that there will be something after fanburst :/&nbsp; Dont like the idea of uploading all of the music i gathered .....
I dont wish to banter semantics about Tanis' post beyond saying simply it is entirely subjective and prefaced by the words "I think" The onus of the issue you are laying at roll20's feet without considering the facts are that A) Fanburst shutting down was not roll20's fault. B) You are not a paying subscriber but do take advantage of the free services they provide and expect upgrades as if you did pay. C) As a free subscriber you are benefitting from the generosity of the very people you vilify, the paid subscribers
1550181770

Edited 1550181796
Roll20 Thank you for adding this!
Tom said: Having 10 dollars a month to spend on a hobby I enjoy makes me an elitist snob. Got it. You are skipping a really important fact, and that is, that you usually , don't play more than 3-4 times a month at best , most of the times its even less, the kind of games that you are able to play on this website. For example, if I go out once a month and spend 10$ on drinks with friends, Im making full use of those 10$. If I pay a subscription for 10$ and I only get to play twice in a full month, Ive made use of, lets say 5 out of the 10$ I spent. Unless you play a lot, it's just not worth it.
Instead of arguing how roll20 is to blame for the sudden shutdown of fanburst, maybe we should offer suggestions or actually help with finding a new platform they can integrate into the website, just like there was another one that shut down before fanburst I am sure that the staff is looking into new options for the future. Or at least I am hoping that "my music" isn't the final option they decided to do, maybe if some staff would shed some light into future development plans in that area. In the case that the "my music" is the final solution here then I do recommend that the free user storage gets bumped up by 100MB, just to scale with other users getting upgrades. 100MB extra for music should be more than enough, even tho many tracks will be repetitive I do believe that this fits well in the free account scheme.
1550182714
Nico
Pro
YankeeGD said: Tom said: Having 10 dollars a month to spend on a hobby I enjoy makes me an elitist snob. Got it. You are skipping a really important fact, and that is, that you usually , don't play more than 3-4 times a month at best , most of the times its even less, the kind of games that you are able to play on this website. For example, if I go out once a month and spend 10$ on drinks with friends, Im making full use of those 10$. If I pay a subscription for 10$ and I only get to play twice in a full month, Ive made use of, lets say 5 out of the 10$ I spent. Unless you play a lot, it's just not worth it. I'm curious, how often do you have to play to "make full use" of those 10$ in your opinion?
Sound files only being able to be 20 MB is incredibly hindering...
1550183228
So Im just a small time DM here on Roll20 and never honestly saw the need for me to have a plus or pro subscription before this other than flare (which I can live without). It was a huge blow to me when I heard fanburst getting shutdown because I have many songs for the campaign I am running (1-20+ mind you) that were in my fanburst account. Im glad roll20 has an alternative to fix this problem but I would like to opt out of getting a subscription (I really dont want to ask money from my friends for D&amp;D, especially since I know they would do it). Im going to continue using discord and my youtube library as my alternative but I do have to say Roll20 adding an alternative in such short time knowing this was a major concern was an intelligent move and a powerful business move, if I had a better paying job I easily would have gotten plus or even pro for this.&nbsp;
1550183793
All you have to do is start a twitch channel and broadcast your audio through it. The other users simply connect to your channel (they don't even need to be subscribed or logged in) and listen to whatever you play through a web browser. They can keep it minimized in the back and they don't have to interact with it. It simply plays what you broadcast for audio. Simplest free solution ever.&nbsp; Ashen said: For everyone, who is saying, that "4.99 per month isn't going to slaughter your bank account": please, keep in mind, that not everyone has so much money as you have. Not everyone is living in countries, where the payment for your job is so high. The example is my party: we're living in Russia and we're all students, we're living in different cities and cannot meet in real life - and we have no money for such a payment, 4.99 per month, but we want to play with music and ambients, with CUSTOM sound effects, that is not always available and can someday become a deleted ones. And now everyone is saying, that we should now use different service such as YouTube for music, opening it in second window? Well, not everyone has the second screen for its comfortable music - and after all, not everyone will hear the music without other programs, that will broadcast it.
so.... for those complaining about free users... just remember, you are getting what you paid for.&nbsp;
the 100 MB for free users was tolerable before music uploads now it's impossible to run a dam game, it'd be nice if we could get a space upgrade too... not everyone in the world has money to spend on a site where their there to just have fun.
1550184691
How can we upload our own music without fanburst now ?
Nico said: I'm curious, how often do you have to play to "make full use" of those 10$ in your opinion? You are missing the point, its obvious that most of the things you buy in your eveyday life isn't used to its full for one reason or another. What I'm trying to say is that it seems very dumb to pay for subscriptions in a website that offers a service for games that, as I said, you play at best weekly, but most of the time you get to play once or twice a month. As some people suggested, I would gladly pay 5-10$ for a small increase in my storage, permanently, even if it was just 100 more Mb, so that I could work as GM in multiple games with the same account. The least they can do is create a separate storage for music, because this just looks like Roll20 tried to capitalize on Fanburst's shutdown.
why is everyone complaining about free users not getting a bump? IT'S FREE YOU ARE PAYING NOTHING why are you complaining.&nbsp;
1550184920

Edited 1550185353
Because we pay not to have to. Think of it as a goods exchange. I give you money and you give me services in exchange.&nbsp; Rage B. said: Riddle me this, people who paid. Why won't you switch tabs to youtube? Or set up a bot on discord?
nate1624 said: why is everyone complaining about free users not getting a bump? IT'S FREE YOU ARE PAYING NOTHING why are you complaining.&nbsp; This.
1550185956
Yeah, sorry, paying customer here and chiming in support of the free users. This new feature sucks shit. I was a free user for a long time and 100MB isn't even enough for image files. Even putting that aside, I now have to download ambient music just to upload it to use it in my games? That's terrible. I don't use discord to play on here so it's not a good alternative. Even if Roll20 had to do this, it still sucks.
Tom said: This is a good solution. I'm sure Roll20 was/is expensive to develop and maintain. Storage space isn't cheap. I just don't get the entitlement of people claiming they deserve 3 GBs (or whatever) of space as a FREE user. Nobody has claimed that. Not a single person. But this ostensibly fucks over free users more than paid ones because they don't even get the x3 increase that paid users do. I can't wait to use my remaining 5mb of storage space as a free user rotating out one song every encounter.
1550186139

Edited 1550186211
fairs fair, if the subscribers get an upgrade so should the free people, its hard enough playing a decent game with only 100 mb as a gm before fanburst went down now its impossible since i'll have to upload songs and everything that'll take up more then half of my space leaving no room for pictures, that or do a new system similar to Biowares subscriber system, Free, Prefered, and so on so if someone upgrades they don't get shafted the moment they can't afford to pay anymore.
In 2018 Roll20 announced that they hit 3 million users. 100 MBs for 3 million people is 30 million GBs of storage that they have to provide as a basic cost. To increase that to 200 MBs would be to double that cost, or to increase to 300 MBs as many are suggesting would triple it. That is one of the basic costs of the service. Now, I would imagine that Roll20 has some type of dynamic system to give space to users as they need it, but doubling or tripling their free storage would still be a massive increase to costs. While an extra 100 or 200 MBs is pretty small on a user to user basis, add in a few million users and that's a whole lot of cash! While Roll20 no doubt takes in a certain amount of advertising revenue, that is honestly unlikely to even touch their costs in bandwidth, storage, hosting and development.&nbsp; So while adding additional storage for free players in order to help them with their substitute for Fanburst would be nice - it's probably a pretty huge financial burden that Roll20 isn't going to be willing to take on. Unfortunately, Free users for Roll20 are most likely a loss leader - that is that they lose a small amount of money for each free user, but it gets people into the service and hopefully leads to them purchasing subscriptions which more than offset the cost of the free users. This is why Roll20 has always turned to other music hosting services to integrate in Roll20. As a side note - I really love the idea of integrating Dropbox as a music storage solution. Comparatively that would be enormously cheaper and much more financially viable.&nbsp; Axel said: Would a new level of subscription, between Free and Plus, that just provides additional storage space (1 GB or so), be a good suggestion one this topic? A great idea for the end user, but probably a very bad idea for Roll20. There is a lot of research into the "psychology of choice" especially in regards to marketing. As a general rule of thumb, when presented with three options, people pick the middle one the majority of the time. In fact, Pro Subscriptions probably exist mostly to make Plus seem like a better value! Right now there are three choices, Free, Pro, &amp; Plus. Free makes up the vast majority of the user base, and those who are willing to pay for a bit of extra storage or convenience&nbsp; are going to go for Pro the majority of the time. Now, if a second middle option, a $1.00 option that just provided storage space was provided, you would see a lot of Pro users go to that option. $5.00 a month for the majority of roll20 users is not a lot, so when most GMs reach their cap on storage and are really invested in their group, they shell out a few bucks and that keeps the lights on. Turning that to $1.00 a month, even without features, would likely actually reduce the money they get from end users! Depending on what Roll20's costs and profit margins are, that could actually stiffle development and force them to start finding other ways to add value to Pro &amp; Plus subscriptions, without doing any additional development (aka: Take features from Free users and put them on Pro users to offset the loss of Pro users who went down to the new $1 subscription). Plus, it would probably be viewed as a predatory thing to be honest. A lot of $1 users would get annoyed that they didn't get any storage at all. The truth is, Roll20 needs to be profitable to have the luxury of expanding features for Free Users. And while those people may be a loss leader, it does get people through the door. Teenagers, people in eastern europe / middle east and other nations, poor college kids, people on disability. All of that is a pretty important segment of the RPG space.&nbsp;
1550186352
Jesse
Plus
I love how some people are saying they don't get enough use out of Roll20 to justify paying for it but they're screaming bloody murder over getting less than subscriber storage for an entirely optional feature in the first place.&nbsp; Seems a lot of folks are making a big fuss over something they claim isn't worth much to them in the first place. In the end, you have to decide what's worth paying for and what's not for you.&nbsp; Roll20 has to decide what it can afford to give away for free and what it can't.&nbsp; If you're not happy with that calculus, check out the competition.&nbsp; I think you'll find the Roll20 free account to be hands down better than any of the other options available out there at the moment.&nbsp;
Jesse R. said: I love how some people are saying they don't get enough use out of Roll20 to justify paying for it but they're screaming bloody murder over getting less than subscriber storage for an entirely optional feature in the first place.&nbsp; Seems a lot of folks are making a big fuss over something they claim isn't worth much to them in the first place. In the end, you have to decide what's worth paying for and what's not for you.&nbsp; Roll20 has to decide what it can afford to give away for free and what it can't.&nbsp; If you're not happy with that calculus, check out the competition.&nbsp; I think you'll find the Roll20 free account to be hands down better than any of the other options available out there at the moment.&nbsp; I can only imagine why people would be upset at having a feature yanked from them and then blamed on a hosting site closing down rather than incompetence on the dev side.
1550187051
Jesse R. said: I love how some people are saying they don't get enough use out of Roll20 to justify paying for it but they're screaming bloody murder over getting less than subscriber storage for an entirely optional feature in the first place.&nbsp; Seems a lot of folks are making a big fuss over something they claim isn't worth much to them in the first place. In the end, you have to decide what's worth paying for and what's not for you.&nbsp; Roll20 has to decide what it can afford to give away for free and what it can't.&nbsp; If you're not happy with that calculus, check out the competition.&nbsp; I think you'll find the Roll20 free account to be hands down better than any of the other options available out there at the moment.&nbsp;&nbsp; Almost as if some people don't have the disposable income to spend on it or something [thinking emoji]
1550187097

Edited 1550187166
Chandra said: I agree. While we do feel for you Free Users, the costs of running the site and doing all of this for you just so you can play are expensive. That is why we have to do our part. Look, if you can buy a cup of coffee every day, 4.99 per MONTH is NOT going to slaughter your bank account. I really can't buy a cup of coffee every day. Jesus Christ, coffee is bloody expensive. Hell, I can't even afford lunch while on campus (and I live 1,5 hours from it, and commute ~3 hours a day).
1550187356
Havoc
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can't wait for a Roll20 Music Marketplace.
1550187447
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Rage B. said: Riddle me this, people who paid. Why won't you switch tabs to youtube? Or set up a bot on discord? I'm not sure how many people like me are on here, but I started playing before my parents owned a word processor that you booted up with a floppy or 3.&nbsp; I also never played with a group that used miniatures of any sort until Roll20.&nbsp; There are a lot of features of Roll20 that I have no use for whatsoever. I don't use background or special effects sounds in my games.&nbsp; I have made a lot of my own maps, and my account storage is only at 99mb.&nbsp; I pay a sub for access to the API and the ability to use a custom character sheet.&nbsp; Basically, feeding sounds into games is something I have no use for.&nbsp; I don't have a dog in the fight, as the saying goes.&nbsp; I just thought maybe I should throw this out there to remind people that not everyone uses Roll20 the same way, or expects the same things from the service.
Vargkungen said: Chandra said: I agree. While we do feel for you Free Users, the costs of running the site and doing all of this for you just so you can play are expensive. That is why we have to do our part. Look, if you can buy a cup of coffee every day, 4.99 per MONTH is NOT going to slaughter your bank account. I really can't buy a cup of coffee every day. Jesus Christ, coffee is bloody expensive. Hell, I can't even afford lunch while on campus (and I live 1,5 hours from it, and commute ~3 hours a day). I think many people in this thread do not realize that others can have problems getting to the end of the month, as opposed to not being able to afford the latest iPhone.
1550187640
Rage B. said: Aniond said: How are you getting screwed?&nbsp; Your not paying into it.&nbsp; &nbsp;Your just using a free service.&nbsp; You get what you didn't pay for. Maybe, you know. Just a wild thought. ADDING IN ways to restrict the already small 100 MB worth of storage and not increasing it is kind of counter-productive? Or are you going to suggest NOT to use it for music, so there may as well be no point to even let free users use this option? Again you are wrong.&nbsp; &nbsp;Roll20 did nothing you.&nbsp; &nbsp;It was fanburst.&nbsp; &nbsp; You are getting exactly what you agreed to which is the basic account.&nbsp; &nbsp;You were promised nothing more.&nbsp; &nbsp; People who pay are expected to use what they paid for therefore offering more storage is an acceptable compromise.
Havoc said: Can't wait for a Roll20 Music Marketplace. I would upvote you if I could, good sir!
If five bucks a month is too much to stomach, I'm surprised half of the free users could afford the core rulebooks + supplements in hardback, the dice, the printing &amp; the pencils they were using before they moved online to run their games - that's before you consider those who were driving to get to their games, or the people that actually shelled out for miniatures. I would assume that we've all sunk some money into this hobby at some point in our live, but even if your entire gaming group has never experienced an in-person session, even if you've pirated everything any of you have ever used &amp; have never paid a single penny to keep any of the companies responsible for your game's ruleset from going out of business, and you power your computer through sheer willpower in lieu of any actual electricity, you should at least appreciate the features that are available for a free user, compared to the previous cost sink that tabletop gaming represented when there wasn't anything like Roll20. It sucks that another free-to-use company just collapsed under the weight of its own userbase, and that's kinda left Roll20 with their pants around their ankles, but come on, people. It's a free gaming room with all the art and music you can possibly get your hands on, just without the capacity to keep 100% of it in storage all at once. Can't we just be happy that Roll20 is a viable business model with as much free crap as it already has?
1550188068
Havoc said: Can't wait for a Roll20 Music Marketplace. Not sure if this is sarcasm, but it could be a good idea if it doesnt impact storage space like the art marketplace.&nbsp; If recording artists could generate decent packages of sounds, it could work.&nbsp; 80 SCI FI SOUNDS AND EXPLOSIONS or CAVE AMBIANCE AND CREATURES etc.&nbsp; Not sure the price point of it though.