Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20

keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
And I just looked more carefully at your screen shot. I was checking charactermancer, not the sheet's class dropdown. I see it too, now. Very strange. I assume an announcement will come at some point. The only thing I can think of is that the sheet has no intrinsic tie to the compendium, being handled through Charactermancer. Not even sure if there is architecture in place to handle that sort of communication. Maybe it has to be there so that it can be there if needed. Annoying, but fairly trivial in the long run. I suppose, ignore it? Hmm.
My assumption is that they are still essentially doing _this_ and rather than add functionality to dynamically add weird add-on classes, they are just including everything no matter what compendiums are enabled for the game. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/master/DD5thEditionLegacy/src/html/pc/core.html#L13-L28" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/blob/master/DD5thEditionLegacy/src/html/pc/core.html#L13-L28</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't know if the underlying sheet system allows for that sort of interactivity, but I've never built a sheet.
Hey Folks, Apologies for any confusion: currently the way that the sheet &amp; charactermancer infrastructure works requires us to list all classes in this select for them to be playable on the 5e sheet. We will be taking additional work to disentangle this relationship in future, but for the moment, in order to do our best to support third party publishers bringing their work to the platform, we have made this small change to the behavior of the sheet. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nic B. said: Hey Folks, ... we have made this small change to the behavior of the sheet. Huh... I thought it had been this way since Artificer was added? Maybe I'm delusional...

Edited 1635623073
Well, I guess your question is answered today, since the Illrigger (by MCDM) is available to get from the marketplace from today onward as an addition to the in game compendium . keithcurtis said: Matt Beck said: I got a reply to this basically saying yeah we meant to do that because of some upcoming compendium. This is hardly a hill worth dying on, but it really rubs me the wrong way for unofficial classes to show up in a select list like this. Why present content to players that they can't use in most games in the official sheet at all? If roll20 needs to add support for this to support a product they'll be selling, it should only appear when that compendium is added to the game. This is just lazy UI work. Matt Beck said: Why the heck is Illrigger showing up in the 5e Sheet? Nothing against Matt Colville, but uh, what the heck? Created a brand new game with no compendiums, and I'm still seeing it. Haven't seen the actual response, but I'm guessing they meant that was coming up in a future compendium and was accidentally made available. In general, you won't see options you can't use. If you don't own Wildemount, you won't see Genasi, for instance. Illrigger is not in my list of classes, so I assume the error has been corrected. BTW, I noticed that when using the Charactermancer you cannot choose the Illrigger fighting styles currently (at level 2) - the box to choose is there, but there are no choices offered.
Reliable Talent is broken. When attempting to roll for advantage on skills affected by Reliable Talent, the skill and modifiers display in chat, but no roll.

Edited 1636428408
Yep, Reliable Talent is broken when Query Advantage is selected.

Edited 1636650712
Feature Request - Total All Damage Contributors Brief Description: Provide "Total Damage" final line for "attack and spellcasting" items. Rationale: There are many ways to add damage to the "attacks and spellcasting" items in the Roll20 sheet... two basic types of damage, a potentially limitless number of global modifiers and who knows maybe more that can be added by scripts... all complicated by criticals and their contribution (doubled if you always show advantage). This is great but as the player levels add up or the number of monsters in an encounter increase this can result in a fair amount of mental arithmetic / slow down of combats. Adding a total value would help player less capable at maths and also help accelerate combat. Additional: - Perhaps include a toggle or checkbox to determine whether this is shown? - Maybe have a separate toggle/checkbox for each line/attack (so that some can be totalled while others not)?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Aura suggestion should probably go in the Suggstion forum, as it is not related to the&nbsp;D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet. (I.e. a different dev team would handle it.)
Interestingly enough was just googling to see if anyone had suggested it and realised the same thing, will move it there.
I have a question related to attack rolls and simultaneously calculated damage rolls in 5e. How can I decouple these two separate rolls?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi james m! If you want to do this on a single character, it can be done on the settings tab of the character sheet: NPC: PC: If you want to do it for all characters in the game: Go to the&nbsp;Campaign Settings Page Choose "Don't Auto Roll Damage" under "AUTO DAMAGE ROLL" in the Default Sheet Settings Save Load your game Go to the settings tab on the right and scroll to the bottom where you will find a button that says Apply Default Settings. Press it. Choose to update the Auto Damage Roll settings. Wait a minute or two for it to resolve.&nbsp;There is a thin easy-to-miss progress bar.
I really appreciate the flexibility of the Mods field on items in the Equipment section, but when manually adding an item that may require a saving throw there is no possibility of including the necessary information along with the other mods that make on an attack. For instance, I have a dagger that can be used to optionally deal an additional 1d8 poison damage if the creature fails a Con save. I should be able to include information in the Mods section of the item to include the proper saving throw information in the attack when I check the "Has an attack" checkbox. Would it be possible to add some options for saving throws? Something like "Saving Throw Type: Flat, Saving Throw Attribute: Constitution, Saving Throw DC: 15" would be great and should be easy to implement. P.S. The most&nbsp; up-to-date version of the wiki page &nbsp;for the D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 sheet does not have the nice list of available mods that were present on&nbsp; the older version . It would be nice to see this page updated.
I know this is probably a dumb question, but where on the 5e sheet does is show attunement?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nowhere. :) I usually group attuned items together at the top of my inventory. Some folks mark them with an emoji in the name.
Ah, that explains why I can't find it. I'll do the same as you, then, and direct my players likewise.
Feature Request&nbsp; Brief Description: A way to have creature attacks shown on chat but damage rolls whispered to gm. Basically in general i don't hide my rolls from my players atleast not during combat, so i don't have whisper rolls turned on for creature attacks etc, this problem is this means when i roll damage for a monster attack if it has any kind of save attached that does soemthing else my players see what the result of failing the save will be as well as what the dc is which kind of spoils any tension involved and in soem cases spoils possible plot points further down the line (like if one of them fails the save against lycanthropy from a werewolf). It'd be great if there was a way to both set these rolls to whisper additional attack text to the gm rather than the group and be able to set this as the default to save having to do it manually for every monster.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This can be done on the shaped sheet already. Not so easily on the official sheet. The closest thing you have is the ability to show or hide the description, but that shows and hides for everyone, not just the players. A "GM Only" option on the drop down might be an easily added option.

Edited 1637443201
Spotted there's a new feature that adds "Heavy Armor" to stealth rolls. Presumably this is supposed to act as a reminder that you have disadvantage due to the armour you're wearing. Unfortunately it says "Heavy Armor" even when you're wearing Medium or Light Armour that gives you disadvantage on stealth. How about you set it to say what it's actually there to say; "Disadvantage from worn armor", rather than telling me I'm wearing armour I'm not for no obvious reason. &nbsp;
Is there a way to query for Elven Accuracy rolls from this sheet?
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Rhumor, I think what one of my players has done is to change the rtype attribute of the elf character's sheet to this: {{query=1}} ?{Advantage?|Normal Roll,&amp;#123&amp;#123normal=1&amp;#125&amp;#125 &amp;#123&amp;#123r2=[[0d20|Advantage,&amp;#123&amp;#123advantage=1&amp;#125&amp;#125 &amp;#123&amp;#123r2=[[1d20|Elven Accuracy,&amp;#123&amp;#123advantage=1&amp;#125&amp;#125 &amp;#123&amp;#123r2=[[2d20k1|Disadvantage,&amp;#123&amp;#123disadvantage=1&amp;#125&amp;#125 &amp;#123&amp;#123r2=[[1d20} I believe if you change the roll type in the sheet settings page (e.g. to Toggle or Always roll advantage) it will get overwritten, so beware.

Edited 1638225633
Show Spell Description broken (kinda) I was creating a new Sorcerer character with the Charactermancer, adding my own spells manually after selecting spells using Charactermancer, when clicking any spell name to cast it resulted in&nbsp; TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'substring') . Reopening the character sheet and restarting Roll20 didn't resolve. I manually recreated the character, and it started to happen after I used&nbsp; LAUNCH LEVEL+ CHARACTERMANCER &nbsp;to bring her from 1st level to 6th level. What I found to work around this was to Dupllcate the character and then use the duplicate from then on. It feels like there's a bug somewhere in the&nbsp;D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 character sheet. This Sorcerer is using a Custom Subclass. I hope this helps someone! EDIT: So now, the Show Spell Description link in chat doesn't work for the spells from the Compendium, but works for the spells that I added manually. When i click the link, I get:&nbsp; TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'substring') Restarting Roll20 didn't resolve. Duplicating the character didn't work around this problem. Still happens when I transfer the character to a different campaign with Transmorgrifier. The other spellcasters in the campaigns don't have this problem. 2ND EDIT: Recreating the character today (Nov 29) in a different Roll20 game seems to have worked around the issue. I didn't want to do this; the character is heavily customized.
Lexin said: I know this is probably a dumb question, but where on the 5e sheet does is show attunement? I also put the attuned magic items at the top of the Inventory, and add "@" to the end of each of their names.&nbsp; Hm. I just tried adding @ in the Weight column, and that worked. I might start doing that from now on.
Is there a way to add/remove/edit skills from the 5e sheet? I'd like to adjust a couple of them for an upcoming game that deals with some homebrew skillsets.&nbsp;

Edited 1638171587
I use the TOOL PROFICIENCIES &amp; CUSTOM SKILLS box for custom skills. For example: Gather Information = Charisma (Investigation) Streetwise &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;= Charisma (History)
THANKS! This is a great and simple option that I hadn't considered. Enbian D said: I use the TOOL PROFICIENCIES &amp; CUSTOM SKILLS box for custom skills. For example: Gather Information = Charisma (Investigation) Streetwise &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;= Charisma (History)

Edited 1638403795
David M. said: Rhumor, I think what one of my players has done is to change the rtype attribute of the elf character's sheet to this: {{query=1}} ?{Advantage?|Normal Roll,&amp;#123&amp;#123normal=1&amp;#125&amp;#125 &amp;#123&amp;#123r2=[[0d20|Advantage,&amp;#123&amp;#123advantage=1&amp;#125&amp;#125 &amp;#123&amp;#123r2=[[1d20|Elven Accuracy,&amp;#123&amp;#123advantage=1&amp;#125&amp;#125 &amp;#123&amp;#123r2=[[2d20k1|Disadvantage,&amp;#123&amp;#123disadvantage=1&amp;#125&amp;#125 &amp;#123&amp;#123r2=[[1d20} I believe if you change the roll type in the sheet settings page (e.g. to Toggle or Always roll advantage) it will get overwritten, so beware. Is it possible to do this without a query?&nbsp; On the previous sheet I used I had the option for Advanced + which was for Elven Accuracy.&nbsp; I always left it toggled on because it showed all three dice rolled in parentheses. Or, as an alternative, is there a way to add the commands to the Global Attack Modifier section?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Request: Please add a field in on skills, saves, basically everything, that allows queries, individual to the skill, save, etc. (Right now the only way I know to do a query on a skill or save is via the global field, but that affects all skills or all saves.)&nbsp;
How do people get Scorching Ray to work? First, it does not ask for higher level casting. Second, it only decrements spell slots when damage rolled (this was reported by Saul J 6 months ago there does not seem to be a resolution). Third, there is no way to roll extra attacks as per spell, while only decrementing one spell slot. There are workarounds from years ago but many of the macros posted then do not work with this version of the sheet.
This may not be what you're asking for, but I always just click scorching ray 3 times (or more for a higher-level cast) and mark off the appropriate spell slot manually. I think the spell is coded the way it is because there are three separate attacks. Magic missile and eldritch blast work in similar ways, if I recall correctly. What are you using to automate spell slot tracking? Maybe the author of the script can make an adjustment.
Our DM owns both Eberron and TCoE and has shared them to us. I was able to make an Atrificer but the spell lists are not populating and the backgrounds only give two options: acolyte and House Agent. Looking at the spell list, I am only able to choose spells with a single *&nbsp; Are we missing something?&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It looks like the game creator does not own (or has not shared) the Players Handbook. If you have only purchased Eberron, that is the only source available beyond the SRD (The System Resource Document, or freely available game elements). The SRD only has one background (acolyte), one subclass, one subrace, a generous assortment of monsters and spells, and so forth. As for the spell list, that appears to be an actual glitch. You should be able to choose the SRD version of each. Check with the game creator and see if they have the PHB to share. In the meantime, this interaction between Eberron and the PHB should be reported in a&nbsp; Help Center Request .
I'm just using the Companion script for slot tracking. Since posting, I have come up with a work around that, although not elegant, works. I added the spell to the 3rd level list of spells (the character is a Warlock with only 3rd level spell slots) and changed it from Attack to Spellcard and added the 4 attack rolls and damage rolls in the description. I'll have to do this again, and add an extra Ray attack, for the higher spell slots as the warlock progresses but that is less hair pulling than trying to get the sheet/script to work as is. Sarah R. Cohen said: This may not be what you're asking for, but I always just click scorching ray 3 times (or more for a higher-level cast) and mark off the appropriate spell slot manually. I think the spell is coded the way it is because there are three separate attacks. Magic missile and eldritch blast work in similar ways, if I recall correctly. What are you using to automate spell slot tracking? Maybe the author of the script can make an adjustment.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can also duplicate the spell, and change the "innate" field to contain any value other than blank. Name the duplicate "Scorching Ray Repeat" or similar. The repeat spell will not subtract slots. If desired, you can put an API Command button in the description of the original to call the "repeat" version.
Since the character is a Warlock (with fixed spell slot levels), you can make a macro with the appropriate number of individual Scorching Ray calls in it.&nbsp; I do something similar with Eldritch Blast, since each bolt has its own attack roll and damage.
Hey, does the 5e charactermancer support Xanathar's Guide to Everything? I saw some posts from like 2019 saying it would soon, but when I ran it today there was still language in there saying " The Charactermancer currently supports Dungeons &amp; Dragons 5th Edition SRD, Player's Handbook, and Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica. Xanathar's Guide to Everything will be supported in the coming weeks. &nbsp;" Wasn't sure if the support was there, they just missed updating the text.
I also noticed that if you create a level 1 cleric (choose two skills, like religion/insight), then pick the acolyte background (gain insight/religion), it doesn't notify you in any way that you've duplicated your skill choices.&nbsp;
Brilliant! Thanks Keith. And I've also figured out how to force the spell to query for higher level slot: set higher level damage to 0d4. keithcurtis said: You can also duplicate the spell, and change the "innate" field to contain any value other than blank. Name the duplicate "Scorching Ray Repeat" or similar. The repeat spell will not subtract slots. If desired, you can put an API Command button in the description of the original to call the "repeat" version.
Steven B. said: Hey, does the 5e charactermancer support Xanathar's Guide to Everything? I saw some posts from like 2019 saying it would soon, but when I ran it today there was still language in there saying " The Charactermancer currently supports Dungeons &amp; Dragons 5th Edition SRD, Player's Handbook, and Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica. Xanathar's Guide to Everything will be supported in the coming weeks. &nbsp;" OK, I think I answered my own question. The Charactermancer definitely seems to support XGtE (I was able to use a XGtE subclass on my fighter). So, I guess this is just a bug report that the language on the first screen of the charactermancer needs to be updated! Thanks!
Hi all. Does the 5e character sheet support the cleric feature "Disciple of Life" in an automated fashion? (Whenever you use a spell of 1st level or higher to restore HP to a creature, the creature regains additional HP = to 2+the spell's level.)

Edited 1639503544
Steven B. said: Hi all. Does the 5e character sheet support the cleric feature "Disciple of Life" in an automated fashion? (Whenever you use a spell of 1st level or higher to restore HP to a creature, the creature regains additional HP = to 2+the spell's level.) The character sheet itself supports VERY LITTLE animation; you need a pro sub to gain access to APIs, which provide all the animation you're looking for at a cost of a high learning curve.&nbsp; If you're not into programming Javascript/ understanding functions and operands, it's cheaper to just do things manually.&nbsp; Still, I think what you're looking for is a macro.&nbsp; That is some reworking/ retooling of every heal spell your Life Domain character(s) ha(s/ve). First off, if you do this, you have to make certain Charactermancer does not UNDO it.&nbsp; To do that, you have to consider 2 things: 1. You need to rename the spell.&nbsp; In the below example, for cure wounds, we will rename the spell "cure wounds (Disciple of Life)".&nbsp; That will prevent charactermancer from overwriting the spell 2. Charactermancer will not recognize that you've reworked a chosen spell.&nbsp; So one of two things will happen: a. It will think a spell was deleted, and ask you to replace the spell with a new one (because you no longer chose cure wounds, according to it's line of thinking).&nbsp; This means, at a level you might only have gained one spell to memorize, it's asking for two.&nbsp; If that's the case - you need to repick Cure Wounds, and delete the Vanilla version again after charactermancer runs.&nbsp; Keep this behavior in mind.&nbsp; It's a long way to 20, and you'll need to do this EVERY TIME you use Charactermancer to level! b. It will know it doesn't have the previously chosen version of Cure Wounds and automatically add it back again.&nbsp; That's fine.&nbsp; Just delete the Vanilla version, each time you level.&nbsp; Problem solved. Ok - so you're still with me?&nbsp; Good.&nbsp; Stay off the lawn though.&nbsp; Grass seed is expensive.&nbsp; And I don't validate parking.&nbsp; Let's do this! 1. Know where to put the info.&nbsp; In this case you will be breaking up the descriptive text of the spell to insert an additional line.&nbsp; Depending on where in the info dump fed to chat the appropriate line falls, this may work.&nbsp; But if the line you need comes after the description, it won't.&nbsp; Output to chat will always show the LAST entry when a line is duplicated. The other thing to know about this is that the player needs to know to never mess with the gobbledygook you've entered in their descriptive text!&nbsp; "Well it looks weird when I look at it!"&nbsp; YES ... IT WILL! This is the code we are working with for OGL from a Firbolg I just birthed named TesterCleric.&nbsp; Isn't he cute?&nbsp; No no, that's his no no square - no touch!: @{TesterCleric|wtype}&amp;{template:atkdmg} {{mod=-}} {{rname=Cure Wounds}} {{r1=[[0d20cs&gt;20]]}} {{r2=[[0d20cs&gt;20]]}} 0 {{range=Touch}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[1d8 + 3[WIS]]]}} {{dmg1type=Healing}} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[1d8[CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} 0 {{desc=}} {{hldmg=[[(1*?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8})d8]]}} {{hldmgcrit=[[(1*?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8})d8]]}} {{spelllevel=1}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{TesterCleric|global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{TesterCleric|global_damage_mod_type}}} ammo= {{spelldesc_link=[Show Spell Description](~-MqtVAC8ea1X7KqET6wf|repeating_attack_-MqtW4cGRPrTHfFJdmns_spelldesc_link)}} @{TesterCleric|charname_output} So all of the above?&nbsp; It's Ok (will work), because: {{dmg1=[[1d8 + 3[WIS]]]}} Comes before {{desc=}} Keep another thing in mind, too.&nbsp; We really need something else from this; {{hldmg=[[(1*?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8})d8]]}} That's a level query.&nbsp; We really need to know how to duplicate that and make use of it going forward! 2. Next, we need to know what Disciple of Life states: Also starting at 1st level, your healing spells are more effective. Whenever you use a spell of 1st level or higher to restore hit points to a creature, the creature regains&nbsp; additional hit points equal to 2 + the spell's level. And turn that into code that works: [[2+(?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8}+1)]] Translation? 2 + ( ( Query Spell level - 1 ) + 1 ) The Query we are using that is already in the vanilla version of the spell wants to deduct a level by reducing it 1 level, because it's in the higher level damage area.&nbsp; We want to reuse it, so we allow it to do its thing, and add the level back in.&nbsp; Also, add in the extra two at the beginning.&nbsp; Following me so far? 3.&nbsp;&nbsp; But now we need it to work.&nbsp; In the description box for the "Cure Wounds: Disciple of Life" spell, place the following at the end of anything there: ~~~Spoiler Alert: BELOW IS WHAT YOU'VE WAITED FOR, if tl;dr~~~ }}{{dmg1= [[1d8 + @{wisdom_mod} [WIS] + [[2+(?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8}+1)]][Disciple of Life] ]]}} {{ So - what's happening there? the first double brackets ( }} ) end the desc text box and send it back to the chat code and called in a replacement line (that line was already rolled before in the macro - we're replacing it though.&nbsp; You will see two lines of ( {{dmg1= ) if you cast and hit the up arrow in your chat box.&nbsp; But only the second one outputs to the chat window, which is what you want.&nbsp; IMO, the desc text should always be the last thing in every roll template that OGL uses, so that you can always do tricks like this easily. you changed the wisdom modifier from static (3) to dynamic ( @{wisdom_mod} ), looking at the current value rather than what it was at macro coding (so level ups actually mean something) you've coded the whole query and math of Disciple of Life into the amount healed + [[2+(?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8}+1)]] , and named it for the rollover text. [Disiple of Life] You've ended and created a blank chat item ( }}{{ ), as the original desc box will want to code in it's own }}.&nbsp; In your review, you will find after the second dmg1: ..}} {{}} {{...&nbsp; which doesn't even output anything. Voila! Cast the spell now! (Third Level Casting) Now, your Cure Wounds Attack will say something that doesn't include the Disciple of Life in it.&nbsp; While you 'could' put the code in directly to the damage section of the attack and then show it, it's not a good idea to enter a string that long into that area, especially when it concatenates other data behind the scenes, effectively undoing your macro by doing it there.&nbsp; Technically - you could enter 0d0 in that section, it will get replaced anyway ... but - even wrongly shown, it isn't hurting anyone.&nbsp; Leave it Alone.&nbsp; Always ask for consent before touching ANYTHING!&nbsp; I'm watching you! So your next question will be the 6th level feature, Blessed Healer , right?&nbsp; Easy-Peezee, gotcha covered. Description of feature: Beginning at 6th level, the healing spells you cast on others heal you as well. When you cast a spell of 1st level or higher that restores hit points to a creature other than you, you regain hit points equal to 2 + the spell’s level. It's the same code to use again!&nbsp; This one you'll add in the box description itself (no chat code breaks here).&nbsp; I'd add it to the top of the description area, directly in the attack section: **I heal for [[2+((?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8})+1)[Blessed Healer]]] HP as I cast this spell** ... vanilla code descriptive text of cure wounds here, if you so choose ... And that 3rd level casting looks like this! Ain't it purdy? Well - I know I was your hero to this point ... BUT ... Your lucky cleric and awesome campaign leveled him to 17, right?&nbsp; Dang.&nbsp; The Heroes Feast is over.&nbsp; So here is the problem I mentioned before - the order of parsing.&nbsp; We can easily replace things that happen BEFORE the desc box is outputted.&nbsp; Sadly ... not after (as our modifications are replaced instead in that case).&nbsp; Sure - I know the code and can change the level 1 portion of it easily - change the d in 1d8 to a multiplier ... 1*8 ... and make sure there still is a die roll faked in (as output depends on die rolls - no die roll, no output ... so, strangely, this works) and add + 0d0 +, like this }}{{dmg1=[[1 * 8 + 0d0 + @{wisdom_mod}[WIS] + [[2+(?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8}+1)]][Disciple of Life]]]}}{{ For our level 17 feature, Supreme Healing : Starting at 17th level, when you would normally roll one or more dice to restore hit points with a spell, you instead use the highest number possible for each die. For example, instead of restoring 2d6 hit points to a creature, you restore 12. Buuuuuuuut ... when we go to do that with the higher level damage fields ... it never shows anything ... because we were first in line, and the chat parser sees only last in line.&nbsp; It's like the DMV woman waiting to go home for the day ... she isn't paying attention to you, she wants the guard to lock the main entrance and let you and everyone else out the side door so she can clock out... }}{{dmg1=[[1*8 + 0d0 + @{wisdom_mod}[WIS] + [[2+(?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8}+1)]][Disciple of Life]]]}} {{hldmg=[[(1*?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8})*8+0d0]]} {{ Again - in every roll template, {{desc=}} should be the LAST in order of parsing to make macro work easier on us all.&nbsp; But in this case, following the desc field are the following fields (in bold, generated behind the scenes from the roll template): {{desc=**I heal for [[2+((?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8})+1)[Blessed Healer]]] HP as I cast this spell** }}{{dmg1=[[1*8 + 0d0 + @{TesterCleric|wisdom_mod}[WIS] + [[2+(?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8}+1)]][Disciple of Life]]]}}{{}} {{hldmg=[[(1*?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8})d8]]}} {{hldmgcrit=[[(1*?{Cast at what level?|Level 1,0|Level 2,1|Level 3,2|Level 4,3|Level 5,4|Level 6,5|Level 7,6|Level 8,7|Level 9,8})d8]]}} {{spelllevel=1}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{TesterCleric|global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{TesterCleric|global_damage_mod_type}}} ammo= {{spelldesc_link=[Show Spell Description](~-MqtVAC8ea1X7KqET6wf|repeating_attack_-MqtW4cGRPrTHfFJdmns_spelldesc_link)}} @{TesterCleric|charname_output} You can't replace anything in the bold text from the sheet directly, as it follows after the desc block.&nbsp; At that point, you have to recreate the spell as a Token Macro and tell it verbatim what to do.&nbsp; It suxx, but I didn't program this sheet.&nbsp; It's the only work-around you have. ~~~~~~~~~ Were it up to me, I wouldn't even HAVE the global and higher level damage adds.&nbsp; Everything could be figured from one roll by macro.&nbsp; It's aweful weird when that Shaman (Barbarian Druid) has decided to hold back his rage but forgot to uncheck the rage box.&nbsp; And now he hits me with a Cure Wounds that includes +2 Rage damage?&nbsp; "Seriously - I know it's a touch spell, but you don't have to punch me to make me feel better!&nbsp; Does Raise dead involve decapitation?!!" And when he upcast it, I should have one number - why do this on a computer if I can't depend on the computer doing all the maths for me?&nbsp; Tchh!&nbsp; Really??!!! C'mon programmers - let's get it together!&nbsp; The {{hldmg=}} field could be something in the backend that gets added to the {{dmg1=}} output in chat, as the Ability Modifiers get added beyond the damage entered.&nbsp; Same thing for Global Modifiers, which could be refined better - knowing the difference between: Melee Attacks Ranged Attacks Spell Melee Attacks Spell Ranged Attacks Healing ... and only output in the appropriate strings.&nbsp; "Shaman!&nbsp; Stop Squeezing me!&nbsp; It's not funny!&nbsp; It hurts!&nbsp; What are you so angry about anyway?&nbsp; Fine!&nbsp; I'll do the healing, you hit the kobolds!&nbsp; EEEEESH!" &nbsp; ( No one ever wants to play the healer in this game... Didn't the DM say his girlfriend was gonna join us? .... hmmmm .... I think I have a suggestion on what class she should play ... Life Cleric ... )&nbsp; I know ... I know ... you 'NEVER' thought or did that to the DM's girlfriend did you?&nbsp; 'Sure' you didn't.&nbsp; That's why my girlfriend is playing a Life Cleric in my campaign and I know all this stuff ... *Glares at you intently on your next words, tapping a foot.&nbsp; ... As an idea hits you, you're cut off abruptly* ... "NO SHE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY A LIFE CLERIC IN YOUR GAME!&nbsp; GET OUT!!!&nbsp; AND STAY OFF THE GRASS!" . . . . . (lol ... l8r folks!)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
&lt;round of applause&gt; Great post! Both helpful and entertaining. Would subscribe to this feed.
Wolf Thunderspirit said: Still, I think what you're looking for is a macro.&nbsp; That is some reworking/ retooling of every heal spell your Life Domain character(s) ha(s/ve). Wolf, I'm extremely grateful for all of this! Can you explain in a little more detail please? (KIDDING!) I am a Pro subscriber, but not a coder, so I'm unlikely to create my own API or macro for this. I just want to make sure I follow this. All of the commentary about adding the line of code to the description . . . that is what I need to do for each healing spell the cleric gains, correct?&nbsp; Luckily, I probably have a month until this campaign starts, so plenty of time to figure this out!
More&nbsp; 5e character sheet help needed! I have a brand new ranger created via charactermancer with the archery fighting style ("You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons") Charactermancer seems to have represented this in the sheet with a Global Attack Modifier of 2 [Fighting Style: Archery]. However, despite the fact that the checkbox next to it is checked, it doesn't seem like that modifier is being applied. I tried clicking on all of the character's weapons, both ranged and melee, and this modifier is not being applied to attack rolls. For example, when I click on his longbow, the attack roll says: Rolling 1d20cs&gt;20 + 3[DEX] + 2[PROF] = (7)+3+2 (he rolled a 12)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm assuming this should have an additional +2 for archery. But I'm not sure how to make it work. Thoughts?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try toggling it off and on manually. Sometimes when options are set by the system, they don't always take.
Make sure the sheet setting "Show Global Attack Modifier" is checked.
Steven B. said: Wolf Thunderspirit said: Still, I think what you're looking for is a macro.&nbsp; That is some reworking/ retooling of every heal spell your Life Domain character(s) ha(s/ve). Wolf, I'm extremely grateful for all of this! Can you explain in a little more detail please? (KIDDING!) I am a Pro subscriber, but not a coder, so I'm unlikely to create my own API or macro for this. I just want to make sure I follow this. All of the commentary about adding the line of code to the description . . . that is what I need to do for each healing spell the cleric gains, correct?&nbsp; Luckily, I probably have a month until this campaign starts, so plenty of time to figure this out! Every Healing Spell Memorized; and Life Cleric Should automatically have Cure Wounds as a Domain Spell.&nbsp; Don't forget to change the Spell Names!&nbsp; I only gave you Cure Wounds - each Healing Spell is different/ Healing Word only does 1d4. not 1d8, for example.&nbsp; Heal does a flat 70 (which meands 70 + 0d0 for programming Macros), etc. Macros aren't that hard to grasp your head around, they follow a simple logic.&nbsp; API's you need a lot of time, education, and tools to really get your head around.&nbsp; Once you get familliar with these opperands: {{ and }}, { and }, [[ and ]], [ and ], |, ?, &gt;, &lt;, *, ( and ) , and some basic codes like kl or kh, cs or cf, etc. - it's real easy.&nbsp; Also what field headers are and what they do, like &amp;{template: default} or {{rname=...}}. You can do fun things with knowledge like that, such as [Some Image](<a href="http://www.somewhereoutthere.com/someImage.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://www.somewhereoutthere.com/someImage.jpg</a>) and put pictures inside all your abilities.&nbsp; Have a warlock with Eldritch Blast and want to show a pic of Goku going Super Sayan?&nbsp; Go for it - I'm not stopping you!