Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20

Mike H. said: The new NPC layout is looking nicer (it's been a while since I ran Cthulhu), but can we have the stats be in the same order as the official Chaosium stat blocks? The R20 sheet is in the order of: STR - CON - SIZ - DEX - HP APP - EDU - INT - POW - SAN But Chaosium's official blocks are STR - CON - SIZ - DEX - INT APP - POW - EDU - SAN - HP I don't mind the other bits below being different, but transcribing core stat blocks into R20 is really error-prone due to being in a different order. Cheers :) 100% agree here. When I'm putting in 50 NPCs, it would help if the stats were in the same order
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm also looking for a copy of the html and css for the sheet.  I'm wanting to implement something along the lines of the Delta Green's character sheet's automatic update of skills to make it easier for my characters.
Hello all, I'm about to run my first CoC campaign. It's going to be the re-write of Horror on the Orient Express  for 7th edition. If anyone has already run this campaign on Roll20, I'd love to hear your experiences and if you have maps, handouts, macros, etc. for Roll20 would appreciate hearing from you. You can PM me. My main reason for posting here is that the campaign has optional scenarios that are part of the campaign that take place in alternate time periods like the ancient Roman times and the dark ages. I know that Roll20 doesn't allow the use of more than one character sheet style in a game, and I don't think there are character sheets for the alternate CoC time periods. So, how do you handle that in a Roll20 game? Skip those scenarios? Any thoughts/advice would be welcome. Thank you.
Harlem Unbound has several unique occupations that, even when added to the game settings, are not reflected within the charactermancer. Would be good to have this amended so it can be part & parcel of creating an investigator.
Hello, I just wanted to report that it appears Drag n Drop from compendium doesn't seem to work for NPC sheets.  Wasn't sure if that was intended or not.  For example, I tested dragging out a Colt 1911 Revolver onto regular pc sheet and it added it to the combat and possession sections of the sheet.  When clicking toggle to turn to NPC however, the combat section is blank, it seems to no longer display the colt stats.  Switching back to pc sheet it shows them again.  The reverse does not seem to be true.  I.E., starting as NPC sheet, then drag n drop, it shows accepting from compendium, does not seem to add anything regardless of what is drag n dropped, and when switching back to pc sheet, it does not have the items listed. System Info: Windows 11 Browser:  Firefox - Verified updated to latest as of this writing - Tried regular and in private window (i.e., no add-ons / extensions, etc.) - Cleared cache / cookies, etc. - Tested on multiple different characters to verify wasn't specific issue on one - The multiple characters were both duplicated from others and created new. Is this behavior intended or no?  The workaround is to just set my NPCs up with using regular character sheets, not that big a deal, but just wanted to mention this.  Thank you!
Jillian said: Mike H. said: The new NPC layout is looking nicer (it's been a while since I ran Cthulhu), but can we have the stats be in the same order as the official Chaosium stat blocks? The R20 sheet is in the order of: STR - CON - SIZ - DEX - HP APP - EDU - INT - POW - SAN But Chaosium's official blocks are STR - CON - SIZ - DEX - INT APP - POW - EDU - SAN - HP I don't mind the other bits below being different, but transcribing core stat blocks into R20 is really error-prone due to being in a different order. Cheers :) 100% agree here. When I'm putting in 50 NPCs, it would help if the stats were in the same order Third, putting in NPCs is hard enough without the stat blocks being in different places.

Edited 1648652220
Hi, I would like to quote the issue that Mike addressed a couple of months ago. (see below) I am playing around with the CoC character sheet of Roll20, but it seems that no matter what value I click and what setting I choose additional dice keep popping up on the screen. That confuses my players a lot and we decided to not use that sheet until it is fixed. We love the opportunity to see rolling dice while playing online, but if the values differ from what we see in the chat it is simply useless. Example from my roll20 account. If you try roll a listen check with the setting "Roll 3 checks" you see three individual rolls in the chat (as expected) but 12 dice on the screen. The character sheet is beautiful and I would really love playing with it. A lot of good thoughts and coding was put into this. I would really appreciate it, if someone could fix this. Thank you very much! :) QUOTE from Mike's post: "I'm liking the new changes to the character sheet quite a bit, but I'd love to get an answer to this issue.  To be clear, this is not a problem that's reared its head with the newest sheet, but it is mildly annoying and continues with the latest version. Character sheet template is definitely set to "Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20". Under campaign settings, I have Roll Behavior set to "No Bonus/Penalty Dice". Under "My Settings", all players have the following items toggled on (checked): Enable advanced dice (dice icons, drag and drop, etc.), Enable 3D dice, Automatically roll 3D dice. When rolling and regardless of whether the player achieves success, 4 dice roll on the screen.  Two of the dice always add up to the same number in the chat window, and two are seemingly random.  Also, two of the dice are the tens place, and two of the dice are the ones place. Ex. Player rolls a Spot Hidden and has a 60% chance of success.  The dice that appear on the screen are as follows: 60, 00, 8, 4.  The chat window indicates failure; the Player has rolled a 68%. I'm either misinterpreting something, have something toggled incorrectly, or I'm totally missing something.  It occurs to me that if the character was made under a different version of the sheet, or if I originally had the Roll Behavior set to something besides  "No Bonus/Penalty Dice", it might be holding onto an old setting.  I simply don't remember if I've changed Roll Behavior along the way though.  I'd say it's likely I did during troubleshooting. Appreciate your thoughts."
I'm having a problem with the CoC character sheet.  I've got 4 players - one hasn't created his character yet. We're doing everything manually because until I know that the players like playing CoC, I'm not paying for the books on Roll20.  Anyway, the sheets for 2 of the players don't have the "+" at the bottom of the Combat tab in order to add weapons. The other that's created his character has it. I've scrolled down to the bottom of the page and it's definitely not there. I don't know why. Is there any way to get it back or do I have to create a new sheet for each of them and copy over all the info that's already on the sheet? And hope that the new sheet has the "+" so they can add weapons. Also, on another subject: I'm confused as to how the "bonus/penalty" die works on Roll20. It seems to just roll a D10 and then adds/subtracts some value from it which is not correct. The bonus/penalty die is supposed to replace the die rolled for the 10s place. Nothing should be added or subtracted from it.  Thanks.
Saul J. said: I'm having a problem with the CoC character sheet.  I've got 4 players - one hasn't created his character yet. We're doing everything manually because until I know that the players like playing CoC, I'm not paying for the books on Roll20.  Anyway, the sheets for 2 of the players don't have the "+" at the bottom of the Combat tab in order to add weapons. The other that's created his character has it. I've scrolled down to the bottom of the page and it's definitely not there. I don't know why. Is there any way to get it back or do I have to create a new sheet for each of them and copy over all the info that's already on the sheet? And hope that the new sheet has the "+" so they can add weapons. Also, on another subject: I'm confused as to how the "bonus/penalty" die works on Roll20. It seems to just roll a D10 and then adds/subtracts some value from it which is not correct. The bonus/penalty die is supposed to replace the die rolled for the 10s place. Nothing should be added or subtracted from it.  Thanks. The Bonus / Penalty Die Rolls indeed a d10-1. This is to simulate a real d10 ranging from 0 to 9 instead of the "normal" d10 in Roll20 ranging from 1 to 10. And as you roll Bonus or Penalty Die you roll the tens digit and take the better or worse result... so this behavior is intended :)
Schumi said: Hi, I would like to quote the issue that Mike addressed a couple of months ago. (see below) I am playing around with the CoC character sheet of Roll20, but it seems that no matter what value I click and what setting I choose additional dice keep popping up on the screen. That confuses my players a lot and we decided to not use that sheet until it is fixed. We love the opportunity to see rolling dice while playing online, but if the values differ from what we see in the chat it is simply useless. Example from my roll20 account. If you try roll a listen check with the setting "Roll 3 checks" you see three individual rolls in the chat (as expected) but 12 dice on the screen. The character sheet is beautiful and I would really love playing with it. A lot of good thoughts and coding was put into this. I would really appreciate it, if someone could fix this. Thank you very much! :) QUOTE from Mike's post: "I'm liking the new changes to the character sheet quite a bit, but I'd love to get an answer to this issue.  To be clear, this is not a problem that's reared its head with the newest sheet, but it is mildly annoying and continues with the latest version. Character sheet template is definitely set to "Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20". Under campaign settings, I have Roll Behavior set to "No Bonus/Penalty Dice". Under "My Settings", all players have the following items toggled on (checked): Enable advanced dice (dice icons, drag and drop, etc.), Enable 3D dice, Automatically roll 3D dice. When rolling and regardless of whether the player achieves success, 4 dice roll on the screen.  Two of the dice always add up to the same number in the chat window, and two are seemingly random.  Also, two of the dice are the tens place, and two of the dice are the ones place. Ex. Player rolls a Spot Hidden and has a 60% chance of success.  The dice that appear on the screen are as follows: 60, 00, 8, 4.  The chat window indicates failure; the Player has rolled a 68%. I'm either misinterpreting something, have something toggled incorrectly, or I'm totally missing something.  It occurs to me that if the character was made under a different version of the sheet, or if I originally had the Roll Behavior set to something besides  "No Bonus/Penalty Dice", it might be holding onto an old setting.  I simply don't remember if I've changed Roll Behavior along the way though.  I'd say it's likely I did during troubleshooting. Appreciate your thoughts." Same thing's happening for my group. I'd love to hear if there's a solution.
Why are there no answers yet? The original report was months ago! 
Just a question: why do you have dice rolling on the screen? I've turned that off on my games (both CoC and D&D) and it removes the problem, makes the rolls faster, reduces lag, etc.

Edited 1653664127
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Antonio! I don't play the system, but I have an idea what might be going on. Are any of the dice in the roll template conditional? Example: in 5e D&D, you roll extra dice on a crit. The app does not know at the time of the roll if those dice will be needed, so it rolls every possible die. The roll template hides the dice that were not needed, since it is generated after the actual roll and can apply conditional logic. The 3d Dice are rolled at the time of the roll, and thus must display all dice. If any of the dice in the roll are conditional, this is likely the cause of the extra dice. The simple solution is to either ignore or do not roll the 3d dice. Depending on the sheet, it may be possible to use settings to reduce the number of conditional dice. On the D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet, for instance, you can turn off auto roll advantage, and auto roll damage. If you know the source of the conditional dice, you may be able to achieve the same effect on the Cthulhu sheet. EDIT : I re-read the post more carefully, and it turns out the original report did mention turning off some dice. Are there others that might be conditional? If it's rolling dice it should not, regardless of the setting, you could try filing a  Help Center Request . Reporting in an official feedback thread should be enough, but the Help Center forces the creation of an actual ticket. A forum post can be missed or forgotten.
keithcurtis said: EDIT : I re-read the post more carefully, and it turns out the original report did mention turning off some dice. Are there others that might be conditional? If it's rolling dice it should not, regardless of the setting, you could try filing a  Help Center Request . Reporting in an official feedback thread should be enough, but the Help Center forces the creation of an actual ticket. A forum post can be missed or forgotten. I think you might be onto something.  Apparently I'm turrible at copy / pasting stuff, but there is an option for bonus or penalty dice.  I believe in CoC they're exclusively d10s.  So probably something like that.
Saul J. said: Just a question: why do you have dice rolling on the screen? I've turned that off on my games (both CoC and D&D) and it removes the problem, makes the rolls faster, reduces lag, etc. I understand what you are saying, but I like seeing dice rolling on the screen, makes it more exciting for me, and I don't have lag problems. Besides, deactivating them doesn't solve the problem, you just give up on it.
Saul J. said: I'm having a problem with the CoC character sheet.  I've got 4 players - one hasn't created his character yet. We're doing everything manually because until I know that the players like playing CoC, I'm not paying for the books on Roll20.  Anyway, the sheets for 2 of the players don't have the "+" at the bottom of the Combat tab in order to add weapons. The other that's created his character has it. I've scrolled down to the bottom of the page and it's definitely not there. I don't know why. Is there any way to get it back or do I have to create a new sheet for each of them and copy over all the info that's already on the sheet? And hope that the new sheet has the "+" so they can add weapons. Also, on another subject: I'm confused as to how the "bonus/penalty" die works on Roll20. It seems to just roll a D10 and then adds/subtracts some value from it which is not correct. The bonus/penalty die is supposed to replace the die rolled for the 10s place. Nothing should be added or subtracted from it.  Thanks. Regarding adding weapons to the sheet, maybe some of their players have the EDIT toggle at the top of the sheet enabled, whilst others have it disabled. I've just started playing CoC and I'm disappointed to see that the sheet hasn't received any attention in the past 9 months! This thread was started by Nic B two months after he created his account, and only one update to the sheet since. Roll20 seems stuck in a loop - not enough people buy the official book, so they don't update the character sheet, people don't like the bugs in the sheet so they don't buy the book...
Roll20 seems stuck in a loop - not enough people buy the official book, so they don't update the character sheet, people don't like the bugs in the sheet so they don't buy the book... Sad, but true. I have been discovering this for a fair few items on here, not just CoC , which is a great shame.
I've got both the Keeper and Investigator books, and these are the occupations I've come across that don't tally Occupation and Personal Skill Points automatically: I know there must be more, I just got tired of checking, honestly.  ALIENIST (CLASSIC) ARCHAEOLOGIST (LOVECRAFTIAN) ARCHITECT AUTHOR (LOVECRAFTIAN) BOUNTY HUNTER COMPUTER PROGRAMMER (MODERN) COMPUTER TECHNICIAN (MODERN) DESIGNER DIVER DOCTOR OF MEDICINE (LOVECRAFTIAN) EXECUTIVE FIREFIGHTER FORENSIC SURGEON HACKER INTERN JUDGE LABORATORY ASSISTANT

Edited 1656427051
An era Select would be nice (modern, gaslight, invictus, ...). Because you have other setting specific talents specififally for certain eras that could be added automatically or - if a talent is not available for that era - switched out for something else... And since there is a community sheet that can do exactly that, I wonder how hard it'll be to implement to the official Roll20 sheet!
A little MORE SPACE would be nice to destinguish what belongs to Firearms / Languages etc and where the other talents / skills continue... MAYBE you could / should reorder talents in the sheet?
Will this sheet be updated sometime or is it final? Just curious...

Edited 1659123492
Hi ! Juste some comments about the character sheet when seen in French. 1 - The French translations for skill names are not the same that in the current French Editor (Studio Edge). Can be difficult to match what is what for new players. I can provide the current translation if needed. 2 - I know it can be hard to fix, but skills are ordered by the original name in English, and not by their name in French. So it's difficult for new players to find easily a skill in the list. 3 - When looking at a NPC sheet in game-view (non edit mode), the skills are displayed in English and not in French (in Edit mode, it's right). 4 - When making a test, in chat, the name of the skill is in English The current sheet seems to have only 1920 Standard Cthulhu skills. So I give the translations for those only Skill in English in sheet Current translation by French Editor Studio Edge Art / Craft Art/Artisanat Arts et métiers Charm Charisme Charme Climb Escalade Grimper Drive Auto Conduite De Voiture Conduite Elec. Repair Réparations Électriques Électricité Fighting (Brawl) Bagarre Corps à corps Handgun Arme de poing Armes de poing Rifle/Shotgun Fusil Fusils First Aid Premiers Secours Premiers soins Jump Saut Sauter [Language] Own Own Maternelle Law Loi Droit Navigate Navigation Orientation Operate Heavy Machine Utilisation de Machine lourde Conduite d’engins lourds Sleight of Hand Pick-pocket Pickpocket
Allax said: Hi ! Juste some comments about the character sheet when seen in French. 1 - The French translations for skill names are not the same that in the current French Editor (Studio Edge). Can be difficult to match what is what for new players. I can provide the current translation if needed. 2 - I know it can be hard to fix, but skills are ordered by the original name in English, and not by their name in French. So it's difficult for new players to find easily a skill in the list. 3 - When looking at a NPC sheet in game-view (non edit mode), the skills are displayed in English and not in French (in Edit mode, it's right). As for your second point: they are ALWAYS ordered by their original name in English. It does not matter what language you are viewing the character sheet with... Sadly, this sheet STILL needs A LOT OF WORK... but when looking at the comments here, it does not appear they are still working on this sheet...

Edited 1659099830
It's not their priority. Their priority goes to D&D (in all its versions) and Pathfinder. According to the last report I've seen, they account for about 60% of the campaigns/accounts where as CoC accounts for a max of about 10%.  If we want Roll20 to better support CoC, we need to make a bit more noise... oh, and maybe get more and better support from Chaosium the way WoTC supports D&D... Personally, I play both D&D 5E and CoC. I find the CoC sheets (both character and NPC) cumbersome to use. And there are no APIs or other things I've found that pertain specifically to the CoC games/sheets. 
Saul J. said: It's not their priority. Their priority goes to D&D (in all its versions) and Pathfinder. According to the last report I've seen, they account for about 60% of the campaigns/accounts where as CoC accounts for a max of about 10%.  If we want Roll20 to better support CoC, we need to make a bit more noise... Personally, I play both D&D 5E and CoC. I find the CoC sheets (both character and NPC) cumbersome to use. And there are no APIs or other things I've found that pertain specifically to the CoC games/sheets.  This MAY be the case BUT since it is an OFFICIAL Sheet by Roll20 which no one else can edit or modify it is just sad... If they do not plan to work on this sheet any further, they should OPEN it to the community! There are more than enough users able to implement desired changes to the sheet...
I believe you can create your own sheet if you want to. You don't have to use the official sheet.
Saul J. said: I believe you can create your own sheet if you want to. You don't have to use the official sheet. Don't get me wrong! I do use the sheet and it works just fine even with the compendium! BUT there are some things that CAN be adjusted! (I am just talking about the sheet, NOT about the Charactermancer!)
I agree that there are things that should be adjusted. As I pointed out, it's unlikely Roll20 will do so without a lot of noise being made by players, or more people playing. It's not their priority. They will NOT open up any "official" sheets to the community to modify or edit. Your choices are limited: use their sheet, or create your own. TheMarkus1204 said: Saul J. said: I believe you can create your own sheet if you want to. You don't have to use the official sheet. Don't get me wrong! I do use the sheet and it works just fine even with the compendium! BUT there are some things that CAN be adjusted! (I am just talking about the sheet, NOT about the Charactermancer!)
Saul J. said: Your choices are limited: use their sheet, or create your own. So, how do you create your own? I've had a look around, and barring a few very complicated YouTube videos (I've no clue on these things like sheets and how APIs work, &c.), have yet to find a really easy "idiot" proof, step-by-step guide.

Edited 1659366211
Actually, there's probably enough of us in this thread that could perhaps work together on this as a small CoC group. That may work.

Edited 1659428509
Saul J. said: I agree that there are things that should be adjusted. As I pointed out, it's unlikely Roll20 will do so without a lot of noise being made by players, or more people playing. It's not their priority. They will NOT open up any "official" sheets to the community to modify or edit. Your choices are limited: use their sheet, or create your own. TheMarkus1204 said: Saul J. said: I believe you can create your own sheet if you want to. You don't have to use the official sheet. Don't get me wrong! I do use the sheet and it works just fine even with the compendium! BUT there are some things that CAN be adjusted! (I am just talking about the sheet, NOT about the Charactermancer!) There are 3 Cthulhu sheets that can be used and indeed I am using ALL of them in different campaings. THAT is why I suggested to implement an era selection to the official sheet because one of the community sheets HAS THAT OPTION... BUT the community sheets don't work with the compendium... And no, I am not bothering on implementing a sheet on my own... ^^ So yeah... let's see how this is going to turn out...
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Bug Report Not sure if it has been noticed yet, but anytime you have a skill that a repeating FIELDSET it won't display the bonus/penalty button to be rolled. Senjak
I've never actually created my own sheet, and I have no interest in doing it - I have too many other things on my plate. But, my understanding is (and I could be wrong) that any sheet can make use of the functionality of the compendium IFF it's programmed to do so correctly.&nbsp; See: <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration</a>
Saul J. said: I've never actually created my own sheet, and I have no interest in doing it - I have too many other things on my plate. But, my understanding is (and I could be wrong) that any sheet can make use of the functionality of the compendium IFF it's programmed to do so correctly.&nbsp; See: <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration</a> That may be true, it however requires the community sheet to use the same variables as the official roll20 sheet ( / the compendium) for the fields to be filled correctly... and that is the problem!
No, that's NOT a problem. When you build your sheet, you use the correct variables. That's partly what I meant by "programmed to do so correctly".&nbsp; TheMarkus1204 said: Saul J. said: I've never actually created my own sheet, and I have no interest in doing it - I have too many other things on my plate. But, my understanding is (and I could be wrong) that any sheet can make use of the functionality of the compendium IFF it's programmed to do so correctly.&nbsp; See: <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration</a> That may be true, it however requires the community sheet to use the same variables as the official roll20 sheet ( / the compendium) for the fields to be filled correctly... and that is the problem!

Edited 1659594584
Saul J. said: No, that's NOT a problem. When you build your sheet, you use the correct variables. That's partly what I meant by "programmed to do so correctly".&nbsp; TheMarkus1204 said: Saul J. said: I've never actually created my own sheet, and I have no interest in doing it - I have too many other things on my plate. But, my understanding is (and I could be wrong) that any sheet can make use of the functionality of the compendium IFF it's programmed to do so correctly.&nbsp; See: <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration</a> That may be true, it however requires the community sheet to use the same variables as the official roll20 sheet ( / the compendium) for the fields to be filled correctly... and that is the problem! I am NOT talking about implementing a new sheet BUT extending already existing ones for gods sake! (Just try switching from one sheet to another on an existing game with filled in character sheets! Then you will see what I mean!) And if you want to do this, it becomes a problem because of the things you need to change for it to work... Just tried it for one of the community sheets. NO Drag'n Drop from the compendium possible! Also if you do NOT use the official sheet by Roll20 you do NOT get the compendium option in the first place! You have access to it ONLY if you activate it in game settings! If you are able to do so, feel free to! I am not. And as long as this color change exists I am doing only necessary stuff here and have the tab closed for the rest of the time as I do NOT want to suffer from headaches / migranes etc.
I'm not going to keep arguing this with you.&nbsp; If you don't like the way things work, change them. There are many ways to do so if you're willing to put in the time and effort. If you're not, then learn to live with what Roll20 gives you. &nbsp; TheMarkus1204 said: Saul J. said: No, that's NOT a problem. When you build your sheet, you use the correct variables. That's partly what I meant by "programmed to do so correctly".&nbsp; TheMarkus1204 said: Saul J. said: I've never actually created my own sheet, and I have no interest in doing it - I have too many other things on my plate. But, my understanding is (and I could be wrong) that any sheet can make use of the functionality of the compendium IFF it's programmed to do so correctly.&nbsp; See: <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration</a> That may be true, it however requires the community sheet to use the same variables as the official roll20 sheet ( / the compendium) for the fields to be filled correctly... and that is the problem! I am NOT talking about implementing a new sheet BUT extending already existing ones for gods sake! (Just try switching from one sheet to another on an existing game with filled in character sheets! Then you will see what I mean!) And if you want to do this, it becomes a problem because of the things you need to change for it to work... Just tried it for one of the community sheets. NO Drag'n Drop from the compendium possible! Also if you do NOT use the official sheet by Roll20 you do NOT get the compendium option in the first place! You have access to it ONLY if you activate it in game settings! If you are able to do so, feel free to! I am not. And as long as this color change exists I am doing only necessary stuff here and have the tab closed for the rest of the time as I do NOT want to suffer from headaches / migranes etc.

Edited 1659689904
You are still commenting on this? This is "resolved" and Roll20 is done for me... Saul J. said: I'm not going to keep arguing this with you.&nbsp; If you don't like the way things work, change them. There are many ways to do so if you're willing to put in the time and effort. If you're not, then learn to live with what Roll20 gives you. &nbsp; TheMarkus1204 said: Saul J. said: No, that's NOT a problem. When you build your sheet, you use the correct variables. That's partly what I meant by "programmed to do so correctly".&nbsp; TheMarkus1204 said: Saul J. said: I've never actually created my own sheet, and I have no interest in doing it - I have too many other things on my plate. But, my understanding is (and I could be wrong) that any sheet can make use of the functionality of the compendium IFF it's programmed to do so correctly.&nbsp; See: <a href="https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration" rel="nofollow">https://help.roll20.net/hc/en-us/articles/360043790493-Compendium-Integration</a> That may be true, it however requires the community sheet to use the same variables as the official roll20 sheet ( / the compendium) for the fields to be filled correctly... and that is the problem! I am NOT talking about implementing a new sheet BUT extending already existing ones for gods sake! (Just try switching from one sheet to another on an existing game with filled in character sheets! Then you will see what I mean!) And if you want to do this, it becomes a problem because of the things you need to change for it to work... Just tried it for one of the community sheets. NO Drag'n Drop from the compendium possible! Also if you do NOT use the official sheet by Roll20 you do NOT get the compendium option in the first place! You have access to it ONLY if you activate it in game settings! If you are able to do so, feel free to! I am not. And as long as this color change exists I am doing only necessary stuff here and have the tab closed for the rest of the time as I do NOT want to suffer from headaches / migranes etc.
Description of issue: Extreme damage from impaling weapons is not calculated correctly. It should be maximum damage plus the weapon die. But instead it does maximum damage plus weapon die plus damage bonus. Screenshots:
There needs to be a switch to tell the sheet the weapon to use is a penetrating one or not... cause the extreme damage calculation is different... Eukaryot said: Description of issue: Extreme damage from impaling weapons is not calculated correctly. It should be maximum damage plus the weapon die. But instead it does maximum damage plus weapon die plus damage bonus. Screenshots:
Yes, there is a checkbox for "Impale Bonus". If you turn it off, it calculates the correct extreme damage for non-impaling weapons. If you turn it on, the calculation for extreme damage with impaling weapons is incorrect. According to the Keeper Rulebook the extreme damage for impaling weapons is maximum damage plus the weapon dice. The macro rolls maximum damage plus the weapon dice plus damage bonus, which is incorrect! TheMarkus1204 said: There needs to be a switch to tell the sheet the weapon to use is a penetrating one or not... cause the extreme damage calculation is different... Eukaryot said: Description of issue: Extreme damage from impaling weapons is not calculated correctly. It should be maximum damage plus the weapon die. But instead it does maximum damage plus weapon die plus damage bonus. Screenshots:

Edited 1660055769
According to the 7e Keeper book (p. 103): "If the attacker achieves an Extreme level of success with&nbsp; a penetrating weapon (such as a blade or bullet) then an&nbsp; impale has been inflicted. ..&nbsp; Apply the&nbsp; increased damage as for an Extreme success with a blunt&nbsp; weapon (maximum damage plus maximum damage bonus)&nbsp; and add a damage roll for the weapon." So, adding the damage bonus is correct.
You only add a damage roll for the weapon, not the damage bonus. The example from the Keepers Rulebook makes this very clear: "A character with 1D4 damage bonus achieves an Extreme level of success when attacking with a switchblade. The player rolls 1D4 for the weapon’s damage, and adds the maximum damage the weapon can inflict (4) together with their maximum damage bonus (4). This results in a total of 1D4+8, (a range of 9 to 12 points of damage)." (Keepers Rulebook 40th Anniversary Edition p. 104) Saul J. said: According to the 7e Keeper book (p. 103): "If the attacker achieves an Extreme level of success with&nbsp; a penetrating weapon (such as a blade or bullet) then an&nbsp; impale has been inflicted. ..&nbsp; Apply the&nbsp; increased damage as for an Extreme success with a blunt&nbsp; weapon (maximum damage plus maximum damage bonus)&nbsp; and add a damage roll for the weapon." So, adding the damage bonus is correct.
I wanted to be sure so I asked on the Chaosium forums and Mike Mason confirmed my reading of the rules. So the Roll20 character sheet is incorrect. <a href="https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/16435-extreme-damage-with-impaling-weapons-in-close-combat/?do=findComment&amp;comment=261095" rel="nofollow">https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/16435-extreme-damage-with-impaling-weapons-in-close-combat/?do=findComment&amp;comment=261095</a>
No, he quoted exactly what I quoted from the rulebook which means you are wrong.&nbsp; He said: "If the attacker achieves an Extreme level of success with an impaling weapon (blade or bullet) = maximum damage plus maximum damage bonus, and add a damage roll for the weapon." The example you cited is wrong. So, if you attack with a switchblade and get an Extreme level of success, the damage is: Maximum damage of the blade (4) + maximum damage bonus (4) + damage roll for the weapon = 8 + 1d4. The Roll20 character sheet is CORRECT. Eukaryot said: I wanted to be sure so I asked on the Chaosium forums and Mike Mason confirmed my reading of the rules. So the Roll20 character sheet is incorrect. <a href="https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/16435-extreme-damage-with-impaling-weapons-in-close-combat/?do=findComment&amp;comment=261095" rel="nofollow">https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/16435-extreme-damage-with-impaling-weapons-in-close-combat/?do=findComment&amp;comment=261095</a>

Edited 1660211383
THIS (highlighted) is EXACTLY what was said in the core Rulebook! AND in this case, the sheet is INDEED WRONG because the damge boost is also rolled as you can see from the provided Screenshot! The additional damage boost Roll is wrong! Saul J. said: No, he quoted exactly what I quoted from the rulebook which means you are wrong.&nbsp; He said: "If the attacker achieves an Extreme level of success with an impaling weapon (blade or bullet) = maximum damage plus maximum damage bonus, and add a damage roll for the weapon." The example you cited is wrong. So, if you attack with a switchblade and get an Extreme level of success, the damage is: Maximum damage of the blade (4) + maximum damage bonus (4) + damage roll for the weapon = 8 + 1d4. The Roll20 character sheet is CORRECT. Eukaryot said: I wanted to be sure so I asked on the Chaosium forums and Mike Mason confirmed my reading of the rules. So the Roll20 character sheet is incorrect. <a href="https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/16435-extreme-damage-with-impaling-weapons-in-close-combat/?do=findComment&amp;comment=261095" rel="nofollow">https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/16435-extreme-damage-with-impaling-weapons-in-close-combat/?do=findComment&amp;comment=261095</a>