Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20

I would like to have a macro/script for single target combat. I have a macro for healing that works. I figured I could use that. However, when your doing damage to a token a couple other things go into effect. There is a dodge/parry check then there is a spell/armor consideration as well. Certain spells in the game can deflect damage or mitigate it-Create Barrier of Naach-Tith or Create Self Ward, or Deflect Hard, Deflection, all of which are in the Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos. I listed some spells for examples for people so they know they aren't "homebrewed." You can argue over why your GM would want to give these abilities out or some are dreamlands, however if it's in the game- play ball! Now moving on- The character sheet armor value syntax is armor_value. How would I put this together for 1 weapon so I could alter it for each skill afterwards ? I can then add the FX in on the token and it'll have a little damage burst or whatever. I have that fx script already.
The first post was created in May 2021, so the sheet hasn't been updated since then (just like the PF2 sheet). It looks like work on all sheets stopped around that time.
I noticed 1 other thing is missing on the character sheet once I started getting into this a bit more. It may have been something they forgot or decided to drop off through the progression of the systems. The Chaosium Runequest, Hawkwind , Stormbringer had it, and earlier Cthulhu had it . I own version 2 and version 7 of Cthulhu. I'm not sure when they decided to drop it in 7s books or if it was an oversight. That is.. weapons and armor have their own health value before breaking.  Is this something that wouldn't be too much trouble to add or would the community want to flavor it up a bit ?
Considering that it is not included in 7E's official rules, I would consider this homebrew. The Keeper said: I noticed 1 other thing is missing on the character sheet once I started getting into this a bit more. It may have been something they forgot or decided to drop off through the progression of the systems. The Chaosium Runequest, Hawkwind , Stormbringer had it, and earlier Cthulhu had it . I own version 2 and version 7 of Cthulhu. I'm not sure when they decided to drop it in 7s books or if it was an oversight. That is.. weapons and armor have their own health value before breaking.  Is this something that wouldn't be too much trouble to add or would the community want to flavor it up a bit ?
But it was in earlier editions and current editions of other sources created by Chaosium.
This thread is for the 7th edition Call of Cthulhu rules. Therefore something that was in earlier versions, doesn't really matter and using those rules for a 7th edition game would, IMO, be "homebrew". As for what is in other current sources by Chaosium - can you cite specific examples? Often, something might be used for a particular scenario/module but it is not part of the core rules. Roll20 seems to stick to supporting core rules for the most part. They will go so far as to support some optional rules, as long as they are in the core rulebook. At least that's what it seems to me.
I have a feature request for this sheet. My group is going to play a Dark Ages game soon and I really want to use this sheet (I strongly prefer the roll templates for this sheet over the ones for the dedicated Dark Ages sheet or the other 7E sheet).  This sheet has some skills hard-coded into the skill list, like the Firearms skills, which are not relevant to the game we're going to play. I'd love a way to hide, edit, or even delete skills that we're not going to use.   Obviously we can just ignore those skills, but they take up a lot of real estate.
Saul J. said: This thread is for the 7th edition Call of Cthulhu rules. Therefore something that was in earlier versions, doesn't really matter and using those rules for a 7th edition game would, IMO, be "homebrew". As for what is in other current sources by Chaosium - can you cite specific examples? Often, something might be used for a particular scenario/module but it is not part of the core rules. Roll20 seems to stick to supporting core rules for the most part. They will go so far as to support some optional rules, as long as they are in the core rulebook. At least that's what it seems to me. It's definitely a part of the current BRP core rules.
Which is different from the Call of Cthulhu rules. While there are similarities and overlap, they are not the same thing and you should not confuse one for the other. Darren said: Saul J. said: This thread is for the 7th edition Call of Cthulhu rules. Therefore something that was in earlier versions, doesn't really matter and using those rules for a 7th edition game would, IMO, be "homebrew". As for what is in other current sources by Chaosium - can you cite specific examples? Often, something might be used for a particular scenario/module but it is not part of the core rules. Roll20 seems to stick to supporting core rules for the most part. They will go so far as to support some optional rules, as long as they are in the core rulebook. At least that's what it seems to me. It's definitely a part of the current BRP core rules.
The sheet is proprietary. I've never seen a way to hide, edit or delete things from any of their proprietary sheets. The last time I brought this up, the response from Roll20 was: you're free to design your own sheet with only the skills you want.  Darren said: I have a feature request for this sheet. My group is going to play a Dark Ages game soon and I really want to use this sheet (I strongly prefer the roll templates for this sheet over the ones for the dedicated Dark Ages sheet or the other 7E sheet).  This sheet has some skills hard-coded into the skill list, like the Firearms skills, which are not relevant to the game we're going to play. I'd love a way to hide, edit, or even delete skills that we're not going to use.   Obviously we can just ignore those skills, but they take up a lot of real estate.

Edited 1674499937
Fair enough! I was just pointing out that the question itself is not unreasonable. :) Saul J. said: Which is different from the Call of Cthulhu rules. While there are similarities and overlap, they are not the same thing and you should not confuse one for the other. Darren said: Saul J. said: This thread is for the 7th edition Call of Cthulhu rules. Therefore something that was in earlier versions, doesn't really matter and using those rules for a 7th edition game would, IMO, be "homebrew". As for what is in other current sources by Chaosium - can you cite specific examples? Often, something might be used for a particular scenario/module but it is not part of the core rules. Roll20 seems to stick to supporting core rules for the most part. They will go so far as to support some optional rules, as long as they are in the core rulebook. At least that's what it seems to me. It's definitely a part of the current BRP core rules.
That's definitely an option, though I've not done any sheet development before. Do you know if there's a guide to getting started? Saul J. said: The sheet is proprietary. I've never seen a way to hide, edit or delete things from any of their proprietary sheets. The last time I brought this up, the response from Roll20 was: you're free to design your own sheet with only the skills you want.  Darren said: I have a feature request for this sheet. My group is going to play a Dark Ages game soon and I really want to use this sheet (I strongly prefer the roll templates for this sheet over the ones for the dedicated Dark Ages sheet or the other 7E sheet).  This sheet has some skills hard-coded into the skill list, like the Firearms skills, which are not relevant to the game we're going to play. I'd love a way to hide, edit, or even delete skills that we're not going to use.   Obviously we can just ignore those skills, but they take up a lot of real estate.
The most recent version is at&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets</a> . You need to be a Pro user though. Darren said: That's definitely an option, though I've not done any sheet development before. Do you know if there's a guide to getting started? Saul J. said: The sheet is proprietary. I've never seen a way to hide, edit or delete things from any of their proprietary sheets. The last time I brought this up, the response from Roll20 was: you're free to design your own sheet with only the skills you want.&nbsp; Darren said: I have a feature request for this sheet. My group is going to play a Dark Ages game soon and I really want to use this sheet (I strongly prefer the roll templates for this sheet over the ones for the dedicated Dark Ages sheet or the other 7E sheet).&nbsp; This sheet has some skills hard-coded into the skill list, like the Firearms skills, which are not relevant to the game we're going to play. I'd love a way to hide, edit, or even delete skills that we're not going to use. &nbsp; Obviously we can just ignore those skills, but they take up a lot of real estate.

Edited 1674514923
I believe I have read that you can use Firearms as crossbows and things of that nature. It could be relevant to your game in the dark ages and not completely worthless. You would have to bump up/modify to the rule set for Dark Ages. I did contact Dustin Wright at Chaosium and ask him why some of the rulesets are inconsistent within the games. Dustin told me that Runequest was out before 7e was released then they brought it back in to the game. Stormbringer and Hawkwind were out of print by this time. I just bought Dark Ages and haven't gone through it and Reign of Terror I am still waiting on for them to mail me. I am trying to find a decently priced copy for Cthulhu Invictus and I haven't bought Cthulhu Apocolypse/ or Cthulhu Now and Cthulhu Achtung. I am working my way thru the time periods.&nbsp; If you need or want a player for your Dark Ages let me know, I would be interested. On one hand I understand that from roll20s pov they don't have Dark Ages for sale on their website so they won't make the sheet any more current. I will be curious to see what they have left off from Reign of Terror since they are selling its ruleset. Once I get that, and possibly find things missing. We will have traction to get things fixed because if they sell you the rules, then shouldn't they provide you with an accurate sheet ?&nbsp; One a Side note, I believe you can play different generations of Cthulhu when you first set up your game. Do all the Cthulhu games listed have 7e sheet if its not 7e or are they specific to that time periods sheet ? I feel like the people that reply in this forum are more active to not make things better and like to argue about things then getting a positive result. My hangup on all this is- someone always saying something is Homebrew because any game system keeps updating their system to get suckers like you and me to keep buying their books/pdfs.&nbsp; I feel like anything I have brought up that was in previous systems should have their place on a sheet. I do feel that me creating my own magic items for Cthulhu or me stealing spell ideas from other games IS homebrew. What I have been told is homebrew according to the critics isn't when the main system omits one thing and releases an "update". That just their marketing machine generating revenue for their employed people.
As for the ole "you can make your own character sheet" excuse to fall back on. I don't know enough about coding to want to make my own then try to implement these API scripts and then it crash. For me, that's a lazy way out of helping a bad situation.&nbsp; If, on the other hand, you can make your own custom sheet and all the scripts will work with it then customize away. I'm not smart enough to do it but I have a couple friends that might be interested in tackling this issue or educating me when they have the free time. I'm stuck with what I have until then.
Yes, you could use the Firearms skill for crossbows. It's in the 7e rules (p. 64 Keeper's Handbook). Under the definition of the Firearms specialization, it says: "Covers all manner of firearms, as well as bows and&nbsp; crossbows. So, that would not be homebrew. "Homebrew" is defined as using any rule that is not in the official source book. So, if you use a rule from the 6E Call of Cthulhu in your 7E game, you are using a homebrew rule. The question you have to ask is, why was it not in the 7E rules? The answer, in most cases, is that the design team did not want to include it for one reason or another. But, if you choose to include it, you can. It just counts as "homebrew". This forum is for discussion of the 7E sheet. No more. No less. The official word from Roll20 that I got some time ago is that they won't add homebrew rules to the official sheet. I don't have any of the non-1920s modules (like Reign of Terror ) so I don't know what sheet they use. All of the modules I have are 7E modules based in the 1920s so the official sheet is just right. I'm not actively trying to not make things better. I'm pointing out a number of things: (1) discussions of anything other than the 7E sheet is out of place here; (2) adding things that are not part of 7E to the sheet may help *you* but not anyone who is playing 7E who doesn't use the same homebrew rules; (3) adding things to a sheet can bog things down...a lot and make the sheet more complex to maintain. The official 5E D&amp;D sheet is in that category - there's so much that's been added that it's hard to maintain, and for a lot of people, hard to figure out how to use. As for making things better, I've been consistently filing bug reports and technical issues, etc. when I find them to Roll20. I've been trying to make the 7E CoC sheet work correctly, and be usable for 7E games as it was intended. There are still bugs in it, and I've reported them. You just may not be aware of it. Note that I do not speak for Roll20. I'm just voicing my opinion. I have been playing CoC since 1st edition, btw. The Keeper said: I believe I have read that you can use Firearms as crossbows and things of that nature. It could be relevant to your game in the dark ages and not completely worthless. You would have to bump up/modify to the rule set for Dark Ages. I did contact Dustin Wright at Chaosium and ask him why some of the rulesets are inconsistent within the games. Dustin told me that Runequest was out before 7e was released then they brought it back in to the game. Stormbringer and Hawkwind were out of print by this time. I just bought Dark Ages and haven't gone through it and Reign of Terror I am still waiting on for them to mail me. I am trying to find a decently priced copy for Cthulhu Invictus and I haven't bought Cthulhu Apocolypse/ or Cthulhu Now and Cthulhu Achtung. I am working my way thru the time periods.&nbsp; If you need or want a player for your Dark Ages let me know, I would be interested. On one hand I understand that from roll20s pov they don't have Dark Ages for sale on their website so they won't make the sheet any more current. I will be curious to see what they have left off from Reign of Terror since they are selling its ruleset. Once I get that, and possibly find things missing. We will have traction to get things fixed because if they sell you the rules, then shouldn't they provide you with an accurate sheet ?&nbsp; One a Side note, I believe you can play different generations of Cthulhu when you first set up your game. Do all the Cthulhu games listed have 7e sheet if its not 7e or are they specific to that time periods sheet ? I feel like the people that reply in this forum are more active to not make things better and like to argue about things then getting a positive result. My hangup on all this is- someone always saying something is Homebrew because any game system keeps updating their system to get suckers like you and me to keep buying their books/pdfs.&nbsp; I feel like anything I have brought up that was in previous systems should have their place on a sheet. I do feel that me creating my own magic items for Cthulhu or me stealing spell ideas from other games IS homebrew. What I have been told is homebrew according to the critics isn't when the main system omits one thing and releases an "update". That just their marketing machine generating revenue for their employed people.
The Dark Ages setting is not homebrew, it's a current-edition product that Chaosium sells, targeted at 7E in the Cthulhu Through The Ages supplement.&nbsp; It has the same status as Pulp Cthulhu , which also doesn't seem to be supported in the official sheet (e.g. no place for pulp talents). :( Saul J. said: This forum is for discussion of the 7E sheet. No more. No less. The official word from Roll20 that I got some time ago is that they won't add homebrew rules to the official sheet. [...] Note that I do not speak for Roll20. I'm just voicing my opinion. I have been playing CoC since 1st edition, btw. It would be&nbsp; great to get official word on this, but in the meantime&nbsp; I definitely appreciate the discussion!
Dark Ages from Chaosium is currently in the 3rd edition and is considered a separate product from 7E Call of Cthulhu by Chaosium.&nbsp; It also has a separate character sheet on Roll20: "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Ages". Pulp Cthulhu is also a separate product, sort of, and you can use any of the character sheets and use the extra blank spaces for adding new skills, if necessary/desired. I took a look at the "official" Pulp Cthulhu &nbsp;character sheet from Chaosium, and it has all the same fields and everything as the 7E sheet, just in different locations on the sheet. I didn't notice anything different on the Pulp Cthulhu&nbsp; sheet from the 7E sheet. Darren said: The Dark Ages setting is not homebrew, it's a current-edition product that Chaosium sells, targeted at 7E in the Cthulhu Through The Ages supplement.&nbsp; It has the same status as Pulp Cthulhu , which also doesn't seem to be supported in the official sheet (e.g. no place for pulp talents). :( Saul J. said: This forum is for discussion of the 7E sheet. No more. No less. The official word from Roll20 that I got some time ago is that they won't add homebrew rules to the official sheet. [...] Note that I do not speak for Roll20. I'm just voicing my opinion. I have been playing CoC since 1st edition, btw. It would be&nbsp; great to get official word on this, but in the meantime&nbsp; I definitely appreciate the discussion!
The more I deal with roll20 the reality of it all to me is if they don't sell the product of a game or its "time period" in their store than don't expect much.(which I feel is fair to them and yourself for expectations sake- it helps keep you sane.) I have given up hope, but if Saul is fighting the good fight in the background I'm just going to let this one rest until I cross something myself.&nbsp; One a side note- If I do have someone redo a character sheet- will it still work correctly with API scripts or will they not work ?&nbsp;&nbsp;
There's a bunch of documents on the wiki about API scripts and sheets. I haven't done anything with creating APIs myself - I just use a lot of them in my 5E game. But, my understanding is that as long as you use the right names for things on the sheet, the scripts should work. Someone who has written APIs would be a better person to ask.&nbsp; The Keeper said: The more I deal with roll20 the reality of it all to me is if they don't sell the product of a game or its "time period" in their store than don't expect much.(which I feel is fair to them and yourself for expectations sake- it helps keep you sane.) I have given up hope, but if Saul is fighting the good fight in the background I'm just going to let this one rest until I cross something myself.&nbsp; One a side note- If I do have someone redo a character sheet- will it still work correctly with API scripts or will they not work ?&nbsp;&nbsp;
PRAISE Roll20 Devs! They have FINALLY FIXED the Extreme Damage Rolls on the sheet!!! Hope that they put an era selection onto the sheet next!

Edited 1675491051
Darren, I bought Cthulhu Invictus softcover and pdf the other day. It is currently made/sold by Golden Goblin Press not Chaosium. I don't know if that matters with Roll20 but I don't believe they have it in their database to buy.&nbsp;
I'm trying to drag and drop the Billy club onto a character sheet and it doesn't appear as a weapon, just under possessions.&nbsp; Was the drag and drop bug ever fixed?
I have no idea. All the png files I use are from Bruni. I don't use the tokens or have done what you are asking. With the COC ruleset constantly contradicting itself throughout all its versions released I have somewhat wrote it off and try to follow it best I can but homebrew now.

Edited 1681672338
Here are some things with the game that need to be fixed regarding the rolls. These are rolls made from the character sheet provided. According to the rules, with this character sheet provided. I have had to explain to a player a couple of times your 00 is actually a critical failure and take away their roll. Then this week someone rolled a 100. You can only roll a 01 and 100 according to the rules. You cannot roll a 00 and it be a success. I got these within the last couple weeks of gaming. It would be nice to get this corrected. &nbsp;
Did they make it so we can print our sheets or was that just for D&amp;D?&nbsp;
As for the Roll20 Sheets, it is D&amp;D 5E only, YET... as for the sheets not by Roll20 I have not seen a sheet that could be printed! The Keeper said: Did they make it so we can print our sheets or was that just for D&amp;D?&nbsp;
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Level up calculator macro This depends upon having a pro account and having ScriptCards loaded. I was spoiled by the Delta Green level up script and wanted something like it.&nbsp; This doesn't update anything on the character sheet, it just implements the rules from the Keeper's manual on improving skills and luck. Here is what the output looks like: Note that it only shows you the skills that were successfully leveled up. One of the interesting parts of this is that the weirdness of the skills on the character sheet is highlighted.&nbsp; Lots of skills are in a big array.&nbsp; Many more skills have their own arrays.&nbsp;&nbsp; In addition to having a pro account and having loaded the API ScriptCards, you have to select a token for this to work. Please let me know if you make improvements to this or have suggestions or corrections. The macro code is as follows: !script {{ --/| --/| Script to determine level up percentages for Call of Cthulhu. --/| --/| Depends on the "Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition by Roll20" character sheet --/| Depends on "Scriptcards" Mod for Roll20 by Kurt Jaegers. --/| --/| Version 2.0 by Senjak on Roll20. --/| --/| --/| Setup how the output will look. --/| --name|@{selected|token_name} --#leftsub|@{selected|character_name} --#rightsub|v2.0 --#titlefontlineheight|1.8em --#lineheight|1.3em --#buttonbackground|#C9DAF8 --#titleCardBackground|#000000 --#buttontextcolor|#000000 --#buttonbordercolor|#000000 --#titlefontsize|24px --#subtitlefontsize|16px --#bodyfontsize|16px --#buttonfontsize|18px --#title|Skill Improvements --#sourceToken|@{selected|token_id} --/| --/| Start of main loop --/| --&amp;skill|null --&amp;update|null --&amp;level|null --&amp;status|null --&amp;skill_up|null --/| --/| The Luck Stat --/| --+[c]Luck Stat[/c]| --=cur_luck|@{selected|luck} --=check_me|1d100 --?[$check_me] -gt [$cur_luck]|[ --=add_me|2d10 --]|[ --=add_me|1d10 --]| --=new_luck|[$cur_luck]+[$add_me] --?[$new_luck] -gt 95|[ --=new_luck|99 --]| --+Luck ([$new_luck])|[r]Gain [$add_me][/r] --/| --/| own is the character's own language --/| --~|array;define;skills;accounting;anthropology;appraise;archaeology;charm;climb;disguise;dodge;drive_auto;electrical_repair;fast_talk;first_aid;history;intimidate;jump;own;law;library_use;listen;locksmith;mechanical_repair;medicine;natural_world;navigate;occult;operate_heavy_machinery;persuade;psychoanalysis;psychology;ride;sleight_of_hand;spot_hidden;stealth;swim;throw;track;brawl;handgun;rifle_shotgun --+[c]Standard Skills[/c]| --~|array;sort;skills --%LoopCounter|0;37;1 --&amp;skill|[@skills([&amp;LoopCounter])] --&amp;update|[&amp;skill] --&amp;update|+-check --&amp;level|[*s:[&amp;skill]] --&amp;status|[*s:[&amp;update]] --=improved|[$improved] --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --=improved|[$improved] + 1 --%|End of LoopCounter --/|r_artcraft_count --+[c] Arts and Craft Skills [/c]| --Rfirst|@{selected|character_id};repeating_artcraft --:ARTCRAFT_LOOP| --?"[*R:name]" -eq "NoRepeatingAttributeLoaded"|DONE_ARTCRAFT --&amp;status|[*R:artcraft-check] --&amp;skill|[*R:name] --=level|[*R:value] --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --Rnext| --^ARTCRAFT_LOOP| --:DONE_ARTCRAFT| --/|r_fighting_count --+[c] Fighting Skills [/c]| --/|three hard coded fighting skills --&amp;skill|@{selected|fighting_skill_1_name} --&amp;status|@{selected|fighting_skill_1-check} --=level|@{selected|fighting_skill_1} --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --&amp;skill|@{selected|fighting_skill_2_name} --&amp;status|@{selected|fighting_skill_2-check} --=skill|@{selected|fighting_skill_2} --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --&amp;skill|@{selected|fighting_skill_3_name} --&amp;status|@{selected|fighting_skill_3-check} --=skill|@{selected|fighting_skill_3} --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --Rfirst|@{selected|character_id};repeating_fighting --:FIGHT_LOOP| --?"[*R:name]" -eq "NoRepeatingAttributeLoaded"|DONE_FIGHT --&amp;status|[*R:fighting-check] --&amp;skill|[*R:name] --=level|[*R:value] --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --Rnext| --^FIGHT_LOOP| --:DONE_FIGHT| --/|r_firearms_count --+[c] Firearm Skills [/c]| --/|two hard coded firearm skills --&amp;name|@{selected|firearms_skill_1_name} --&amp;status|@{selected|firearms_skill_1-check} --=level|@{selected|firearms_skill_1} --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --&amp;name|@{selected|firearms_skill_2_name} --&amp;status|@{selected|firearms_skill_2-check} --=level|@{selected|firearms_skill_2} --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --Rfirst|@{selected|character_id};repeating_firearms --:GUN_LOOP| --?"[*R:name]" -eq "NoRepeatingAttributeLoaded"|DONE_GUN --&amp;status|[*R:firearms-check] --&amp;skill|[*R:name] --=level|[*R:value] --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --Rnext| --^GUN_LOOP| --:DONE_GUN| --/|Language Skills --+[c] Language Skills [/c]| --Rfirst|@{selected|character_id};repeating_languages --:LANG_LOOP| --?"[*R:name]" -eq "NoRepeatingAttributeLoaded"|DONE_LANG --&amp;status|[*R:languages-check] --&amp;skill|[*R:name] --=level|[*R:value] --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --Rnext| --^LANG_LOOP| --:DONE_LANG| --/|r_pilot_count --+[c] Piloting Skills [/c]| --Rfirst|@{selected|character_id};repeating_pilot --:PILOT_LOOP| --?"[*R:name]" -eq "NoRepeatingAttributeLoaded"|DONE_PILOT --&amp;status|[*R:pilot-check] --&amp;skill|[*R:name] --=level|[*R:value] --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --Rnext| --^PILOT_LOOP| --:DONE_PILOT| --/|r_sciences_count --+[c] Science Skills [/c]| --Rfirst|@{selected|character_id};repeating_sciences --:SCI_LOOP| --?"[*R:name]" -eq "NoRepeatingAttributeLoaded"|DONE_SCI --&amp;status|[*R:sciences-check] --&amp;skill|[*R:name] --=level|[*R:value] --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --Rnext| --^SCI_LOOP| --:DONE_SCI| --/|r_survival_count --+[c] Survival Skills [/c]| --Rfirst|@{selected|character_id};repeating_survival --:SURVIVAL_LOOP| --?"[*R:name]" -eq "NoRepeatingAttributeLoaded"|DONE_SURVIVAL --&amp;status|[*R:survival-check] --&amp;skill|[*R:name] --=level|[*R:value] --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --Rnext| --^SURVIVAL_LOOP| --:DONE_SURVIVAL| --/|r_additionalskills_count --+[c] Additional Skills [/c]| --/|three hard coded additional skills --&amp;name|@{selected|additional_skill_1_name} --&amp;status|@{selected|additional_skill_1-check} --=cur|@{selected|additional_skill_1} --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --&amp;name|@{selected|additional_skill_2_name} --&amp;status|@{selected|additional_skill_2-check} --=cur|@{selected|additional_skill_2} --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --&amp;name|@{selected|additional_skill_3_name} --&amp;status|@{selected|additional_skill_3-check} --=cur|@{selected|additional_skill_3} --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --Rfirst|@{selected|character_id};repeating_additionalskills --:ADDS_LOOP| --?"[*R:name]" -eq "NoRepeatingAttributeLoaded"|DONE_ADDS --&amp;status|[*R:additionalskills-check] --&amp;skill|[*R:name] --=level|[*R:value] --=improved|0 --?[&amp;status] -inc on|&gt;Level_Up;[&amp;skill];[&amp;level];[$improved] --Rnext| --^ADDS_LOOP| --:DONE_ADDS| --X --/| --/| Subroutine to calculate the amount of level up. --/| Luck can not go above 99. Always add to luck. --/| Skills can go above 100. Any skill roll above 95 counts as a success! --/| --:Level_Up| --&amp;skill_name|[%1%] --=cur_skill|[%2%] --=check_me|1d100 --?[$cur_skill] -eq ""|[ --]|[ --?[$check_me] -gt [$cur_skill]|[ --=add_me|1d10 --=new_skill|[$cur_skill]+[$add_me] --+[&amp;skill_name] ([$new_skill])|[r]Gain [$add_me][/r] --]|[ --?[$check_me] -gt 95|[ --=add_me|1d10 --=new_skill|[$cur_skill]+[$add_me] --+[&amp;skill_name] ([$new_skill]) (rolled [$check_me])|[r]Gain [$add_me][/r] --]| --]| --]| --&lt;|End of Level_Up }}
As this is an official sheet by Roll20, WHEN will we be able to use the PRINT functionality? As of yet it is only implemented for the DnD sheet and the function was made available to integrate for the public. Also I believe it was announced to add this feature to ALL existing Sheets BY ROLL20... Since this IS an official sheet by you, Sources are NOT publicly available and the sheet can not be modified. Is there an ETA for this? (Or will there EVER be an ETA?!)
I have checked and it seems my party is split on having Post Bonus roll on Query or 1. I am not sure if this would effect these pics but what's odd to me is the inconsistency. Sometimes it puts the bonus roll under a skill/ability and other times not. Is this a bug ? I changed all the players in my game to Query for bonus/penalty dice and then 1 for post bonus die to see if that will fix it. If anyone has ran into this could you confirm either way for me ?
Hit Settings on the character sheet. There is an Option for that. If a new game is created, standard is to put it below the roll and roll 1 dice if clicked... but as not anyone likes that, it is customizable... It MIGHT even be possible to set it globally for all sheets via Game Settings / Apply Default Settings, but I am not sure about that cause I never used it ;) The Keeper said: I have checked and it seems my party is split on having Post Bonus roll on Query or 1. I am not sure if this would effect these pics but what's odd to me is the inconsistency. Sometimes it puts the bonus roll under a skill/ability and other times not. Is this a bug ? I changed all the players in my game to Query for bonus/penalty dice and then 1 for post bonus die to see if that will fix it. If anyone has ran into this could you confirm either way for me ?
In your image, the skills/abilities that do not show the bonus/penalty die are skills/abilities that you appear to have added to the sheet in the "Additional" section. If these are the only ones where the bonus/penalty die do not appear, then that would explain it. Skills/Abilities in that section probably won't show the bonus/penalty die because that section can pretty much be used for anything, and the sheet designer probably left that bit out from those entries. I'm just guessing here but that seems to be the case. The Keeper said: I have checked and it seems my party is split on having Post Bonus roll on Query or 1. I am not sure if this would effect these pics but what's odd to me is the inconsistency. Sometimes it puts the bonus roll under a skill/ability and other times not. Is this a bug ? I changed all the players in my game to Query for bonus/penalty dice and then 1 for post bonus die to see if that will fix it. If anyone has ran into this could you confirm either way for me ?
I made some game changes and will see what happens this week and get more PNGs and hopefully figure this out and know its us or the sheet.

Edited 1685945360
I've just come back to running CoC, and I've noticed that Additional Skill 1, 2 and 3 will always display those titles, regardless of if you change them. So for example, if you wanted a custom skill "Wave Walking Stick Threateningly" (Petronila Cupitina says hello), then even if you change the title, it rolls as "Additional Skill 1". I've found if you set it as a new&nbsp; fourth &nbsp;skill, it works - but if the Additional Skill 1, 2 and 3 are all set to 0, then it won't show the fourth+ skill. However &nbsp;if you set any of the Additional Skill items to 1 point, then the fourth+ skill will show.&nbsp;I've resorted to changing Additional Skill 1 to (N/A) with a value of 1, then adding a fourth, fifth etc. skill when I need custom ones. Seems like an oversight, to not be sending the title of the fields for Additional Skill 1, 2 and 3 correctly? It's the same deal with the Fighting Skill 1, 2 and 3, as well as Firearms Skill 1 and 2 if that helps. Also if the custom names are different, but the starting values are the same, then it won't display the skills when in non-Edit mode. Unless you turn on the "all skills" option. So for example if you change an Own language to something like say Own (Spanish) to remind you a character is a native speaker of a different language, it won't show.

Edited 1686017970
Huh, looks like the NPC sheet got updated... yesterday? All the skills are now visible in a huge blob, which makes it a lot harder to find things in there. There's now little 'visibility' icons for each skill which is nice! However with&nbsp; all &nbsp;skills on by default for NPCs, not just customised &nbsp;ones... as well as modern &nbsp;ones such as "Computer Use",&nbsp;means if you want to pay attention to just the skills that NPC is likely to be better at, it's gonna be a lot of clicking to hide stuff. So... yes and thank-you. Can we have a little more communication about what's going on with changes to the official CoC sheets please? Edit: Ah, it makes the Player &nbsp;sheets easier, so you can turn things off. That's great! But for the Keeper &nbsp;this is now a heck of a lot more overhead. The 'Additional Skill 1' etc. issue noted in my post immediately above still persists, however.
They added the PULP Rules to the Sheet. But yeah, I'd prefer for NPC Sheets to show JUST THE MODIFIED SKILLS... Why would I roll a skill for an NPC that it does not have skilled or that is not needed? E.G. why would HASTUR want to DRIVE something?! Mike H. said: Huh, looks like the NPC sheet got updated... yesterday? All the skills are now visible in a huge blob, which makes it a lot harder to find things in there. There's now little 'visibility' icons for each skill which is nice! However with&nbsp; all &nbsp;skills on by default for NPCs, not just customised &nbsp;ones... as well as modern &nbsp;ones such as "Computer Use",&nbsp;means if you want to pay attention to just the skills that NPC is likely to be better at, it's gonna be a lot of clicking to hide stuff. So... yes and thank-you. Can we have a little more communication about what's going on with changes to the official CoC sheets please? Edit: Ah, it makes the Player &nbsp;sheets easier, so you can turn things off. That's great! But for the Keeper &nbsp;this is now a heck of a lot more overhead. The 'Additional Skill 1' etc. issue noted in my post immediately above still persists, however.

Edited 1686044642
Filed a Help Center Request on this as this makes the NPC sheet unusable! (I do NOT see a reason why I should edit EVERY NSC sheet in my games as it is way too time-consuming. Also if you use Monsters from the compendium it counts for those, too, so yeah... fun times ahead) Mike H. said: Huh, looks like the NPC sheet got updated... yesterday? All the skills are now visible in a huge blob, which makes it a lot harder to find things in there. There's now little 'visibility' icons for each skill which is nice! However with&nbsp; all &nbsp;skills on by default for NPCs, not just customised &nbsp;ones... as well as modern &nbsp;ones such as "Computer Use",&nbsp;means if you want to pay attention to just the skills that NPC is likely to be better at, it's gonna be a lot of clicking to hide stuff. So... yes and thank-you. Can we have a little more communication about what's going on with changes to the official CoC sheets please? Edit: Ah, it makes the Player &nbsp;sheets easier, so you can turn things off. That's great! But for the Keeper &nbsp;this is now a heck of a lot more overhead. The 'Additional Skill 1' etc. issue noted in my post immediately above still persists, however.

Edited 1686056631
Also the Visibilty option does not really make sense IMO (NEITHER for NPCs (Show Expanded NPC skills vs compact view; compact view now being buggy because of the visibility option added!!) nor for PCs). Sure, as a PC you can turn off certain skills that way you are probably not going to use, BUT in case a check is needed AND you want to try as well you need to turn it on again just to see the skill and make the check...
Hey folks, Apologies for the disruption: as you can imagine, Pulp Cthulhu is a lot of extra code added to the sheet, and while we tried our best to minimize the disruption to existing players, there have been a few edge cases that have snuck in. I just wanted to confirm that the issue with NPC skills is, indeed, a bug, and that we're working on a fix presently.
Thanks for the Update Nic. Though I wonder: what is the reason behind hiding skills? For PCs it does not make sense to circumcise the character sheet. And for NPCs if the bug is fixed, there is no need to hide skills as only relevant ones are displayed (as it was before)... Nic B. said: Hey folks, Apologies for the disruption: as you can imagine, Pulp Cthulhu is a lot of extra code added to the sheet, and while we tried our best to minimize the disruption to existing players, there have been a few edge cases that have snuck in. I just wanted to confirm that the issue with NPC skills is, indeed, a bug, and that we're working on a fix presently.

Edited 1686074863
Have fun when asking a player for a certain check he has hidden. Turn Edit mode on, unhide the skill, turn edit mode off, roll the skill, turn edit mode back on to hide it again... REORDERING of Skills would be much better! (e.g. for the order of skills to fit certain languages and not default to English when ordering them e.g. for German (although skills are translated!) And as for the Additional Skills... I fear it is not that easy to implement! "Additional Skill 1" - "Additional Skill 3" are named that way because they are always displayed in the sheet. "Additional Skill 4" and so on are not displayed from the beginning. I am not sure whether it is possible to change those... Edit: Ah, it makes the Player &nbsp;sheets easier, so you can turn things off. That's great! But for the Keeper &nbsp;this is now a heck of a lot more overhead. The 'Additional Skill 1' etc. issue noted in my post immediately above still persists, however.
One annoyance when dealing with NON HUMAN NPCs: The 'Own' skill has a standard value of 50 even though EDU is empty which is against the rules as the start value for 'Own' is the EDU Stat! So this skill for NPCs is ALWAYS displayed, even in compact view...

Edited 1686230643
NOW the Sheet is totally screwed! Even for PCs everything they have NOT skilled is hidden... ABSOLUTELY GREAT (NOT)... And here is the best thing: If you UNHIDE the skills, the order is TOTALLY MESSED UP... GREAT JOB ROLL20... NOT! After taking this screenshot I had to disable "Computer Use" again as we are playing 1920s... See the order of the skills? Compare that to ANY OTHER OFFICIAL CTHULHU SHEET available! And then tell me, what this abomination is. (IMO this is an abomination and has NOTHING to do with the official Cthulhu Character Sheet!!!) If this is your way of dealing with different eras / skills then I will switch sheet to the other english sheet for that as I do NOT want to deal with this anymore!
Yeah, the sheet is now totally messed up. It used to be that all the skills were in alphabetical order so that they'd be easy to find. Now, they are not. And every PC character has *some* chance of using skills that are not skilled and some, like First Aid, are very commonly used even when not skilled.&nbsp; The sheet is almost unusable at this point. My players had a difficult time using it last night.&nbsp; And one of my players can't even open up his sheet. I don't know whether it's lag, or something else, but he's been unable to open up his sheet for game play for a couple of weeks now. It's fine before we start but then once we start playing, usually around 7:15PM Eastern time, he can't open the sheet any more. Sometimes if he logs out and then comes in again, it will work for a while. I don't know what's wrong. I have two groups - one playing CoC for now, the other playing D&amp;D 5E. Both groups are on the verge of quitting Roll20. Far too many problems and far too little support.
There is another Cthulhu Sheet available on Roll20 that is usable. I really think of switching the sheet until this mess is fixed... I really wonder: did they test what they implemented? Saul J. said: Yeah, the sheet is now totally messed up. It used to be that all the skills were in alphabetical order so that they'd be easy to find. Now, they are not. And every PC character has *some* chance of using skills that are not skilled and some, like First Aid, are very commonly used even when not skilled.&nbsp; The sheet is almost unusable at this point. My players had a difficult time using it last night.&nbsp; And one of my players can't even open up his sheet. I don't know whether it's lag, or something else, but he's been unable to open up his sheet for game play for a couple of weeks now. It's fine before we start but then once we start playing, usually around 7:15PM Eastern time, he can't open the sheet any more. Sometimes if he logs out and then comes in again, it will work for a while. I don't know what's wrong. I have two groups - one playing CoC for now, the other playing D&amp;D 5E. Both groups are on the verge of quitting Roll20. Far too many problems and far too little support.
Also noticed while using this "sheet": Fumbles are not displayed correctly in chat: It was set to "Regular" when doing the roll. Since a 100 was rolled, it should display FUMBLE as it does before... But since the last update the sheet is a buggy mess...
I wonder if they ever fixed the bug that would show you rolls and have a green 00 that I reported ? I got an immediate reply back after filing asking how well they did! I replied, you haven't done anything yet.( I was told it wasn't a priority to fix at the time but would be corrected at some point) Let me know when you fix it and I'll comment. I was having flash backs of playing Dark Age of Camelot. Their CSR system sucked so bad.
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Nic B. said: Hey folks, Apologies for the disruption: as you can imagine, Pulp Cthulhu is a lot of extra code added to the sheet, and while we tried our best to minimize the disruption to existing players, there have been a few edge cases that have snuck in. I just wanted to confirm that the issue with NPC skills is, indeed, a bug, and that we're working on a fix presently. Have you changed the structure of the additional skills such as the extra skill list for Survival, pilot, and Sciences?&nbsp; I had a script that used to work that now no longer does.&nbsp; My script just looked at the sheet and determined which marked skills should be updated.&nbsp;&nbsp; I'd really love to see how the various skill lists are defined. Thanks!
Senjak
Pro
Sheet Author
Please add a toggle to turn on all all hidden skills!&nbsp;&nbsp;