Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20

Another player and I have that too, the rest of our game (DM + two other players) still see Intelligence & Wisdom, and if we roll either of those, the two people affected see Psionics/Willpower and the unaffected people see Wisdom/Intelligence.  Versal said: Hey! So I logged in to play my tuesday game and uhh...  ... I don't think Psionics and Will Power are Intelligence and Wisdom???
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11391501/wisdom-and-intelligence-no-longer-on-character-sheet-instead-its-willpower-and-psionics/?pageforid=11391531#post-11391531" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11391501/wisdom-and-intelligence-no-longer-on-character-sheet-instead-its-willpower-and-psionics/?pageforid=11391531#post-11391531</a> It's a bug that is likely related to the new Esper Genesis variation. Devs are aware and working on a hotfix.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This has been reported to the devs. I'm sure it's something that will be quickly fixed.
It's fixed, sorry about that!
Caused a lot of confusion in my game this morning.
Thank you! Bianca said: It's fixed, sorry about that!
Confirmed it's the SRD. However, other spells with an attack do get set as an attack, so this is a bug. I'll file it. Gauss said: When you look up something in the in-game compendium it will state the source to the right of the item.&nbsp; Example: "Eldritch Blast&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; SRD" SRD compendium entries are super-basic. I don't think any of them include attacks for spells so I do not believe this is a bug.&nbsp; With that said, if you still feel this is a bug I suggest filing a bug report via the Help Center .&nbsp;
Warlord said: In the meantime you can use a custom initiative like this @{CHARACTER_NAME|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{mod=@{CHARACTER_NAME|initiative_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{CHARACTER_NAME|initiative_style}+@{CHARACTER_NAME|initiative_bonus}@{CHARACTER_NAME|pbd_safe}[INIT]+@{CHARACTER_NAME|pb}[PB] &amp;{tracker}]]}} {{normal=1}} @{CHARACTER_NAME|charname_output} Just replace "CHARACTER_NAME" and create and action or bar button, I just test it and you will have the PB added to the initiative. I hope this help. If I were the one who needed it, I'd probably just use this and be fine, but I don't want my player to have to add a macro and remember to use that instead. The player has enough on their plate irl, and I don't want to be changing the basic ways they interact with the game.
Another Dark Mode Error: Noticed on the "SPELLS" Tab. Also I still do not get why the font was changed...
Mike said: Warlord said: In the meantime you can use a custom initiative like this @{CHARACTER_NAME|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{mod=@{CHARACTER_NAME|initiative_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{CHARACTER_NAME|initiative_style}+@{CHARACTER_NAME|initiative_bonus}@{CHARACTER_NAME|pbd_safe}[INIT]+@{CHARACTER_NAME|pb}[PB] &amp;{tracker}]]}} {{normal=1}} @{CHARACTER_NAME|charname_output} Just replace "CHARACTER_NAME" and create and action or bar button, I just test it and you will have the PB added to the initiative. I hope this help. If I were the one who needed it, I'd probably just use this and be fine, but I don't want my player to have to add a macro and remember to use that instead. The player has enough on their plate irl, and I don't want to be changing the basic ways they interact with the game. Ok, I think I found a solution. Go to the "Attributes and Abilities" tab of the character sheet. Look for Attribute call "initiative_style", it should have an entry like this "@{d20}". In this attribute add " + @{pb}[PB]". I already test this, when your player press initiative on the character sheet it will be&nbsp; d20 + [PB] + initiative_bonus. I hope this help you.
Oddly enough, I don't see the initiative_style attribute, and toggling it in the settings from normal to advantage to disadvantage doesn't seem to do anything. At least in the chat output it's not displaying any indication of using adv/disadv. Warlord said: Ok, I think I found a solution. Go to the "Attributes and Abilities" tab of the character sheet. Look for Attribute call "initiative_style", it should have an entry like this "@{d20}". In this attribute add " + @{pb}[PB]". I already test this, when your player press initiative on the character sheet it will be&nbsp; d20 + [PB] + initiative_bonus. I hope this help you.
Gauss
Forum Champion
TheWebCoder said: Oddly enough, I don't see the initiative_style attribute, and toggling it in the settings from normal to advantage to disadvantage doesn't seem to do anything. At least in the chat output it's not displaying any indication of using adv/disadv. Warlord said: Ok, I think I found a solution. Go to the "Attributes and Abilities" tab of the character sheet. Look for Attribute call "initiative_style", it should have an entry like this "@{d20}". In this attribute add " + @{pb}[PB]". I already test this, when your player press initiative on the character sheet it will be&nbsp; d20 + [PB] + initiative_bonus. I hope this help you. &nbsp;After you roll initiative hover over the roll, you will see the 2d20. It is a different format for doing advantage/disadvantage than the normal format seen in attacks or skills.&nbsp;
I found out what's going on: I was testing with a roll initiative token macro, and not the "initiative" link on the sheet. Now everything works properly. Thank you! Gauss said: TheWebCoder said: Oddly enough, I don't see the initiative_style attribute, and toggling it in the settings from normal to advantage to disadvantage doesn't seem to do anything. At least in the chat output it's not displaying any indication of using adv/disadv. &nbsp;After you roll initiative hover over the roll, you will see the 2d20. It is a different format for doing advantage/disadvantage than the normal format seen in attacks or skills.&nbsp;
Question about self-setting tokens by players on the charactersheet and their editing. Since this function was introduced on roll20, I have a huge problem with synchronizing tokens with the charactersheet and the operation of the token with the API. Nothing works and it's hard to fix. Do you know of any new way to inject a token into the game that aligns with this DEVs misconception? I would like that the token entered by the player was automatically synchronized, had HP and AC in accordance with the charactersheet and the TokenAura API worked on them. I used to just drag the avatar onto the map, set which fields should download the appropriate data from the charactersheet, and then assign the token to the charactersheet. One minute easy. Now it's a disaster when the player makes a mistake and adds a token to the charactersheet himself. How are you syncing the charactersheet with the token today? Sorry for my not perfect english, but it was hard to explain.

Edited 1680553899
Gauss
Forum Champion
Nicram said: Question about self-setting tokens by players on the charactersheet and their editing. Since this function was introduced on roll20, I have a huge problem with synchronizing tokens with the charactersheet and the operation of the token with the API. Nothing works and it's hard to fix. Do you know of any new way to inject a token into the game that aligns with this DEVs misconception? I would like that the token entered by the player was automatically synchronized, had HP and AC in accordance with the charactersheet and the TokenAura API worked on them. I used to just drag the avatar onto the map, set which fields should download the appropriate data from the charactersheet, and then assign the token to the charactersheet. One minute easy. Now it's a disaster when the player makes a mistake and adds a token to the charactersheet himself. How are you syncing the charactersheet with the token today? Sorry for my not perfect english, but it was hard to explain. The player does not make tokens, they only change the art of the token.&nbsp; The steps to make a token has not changed. You still drop it on the table, set it up, then update the token to the character. You can hit the "Update Default Token" button in the token settings or you can hit "Use Selected Token" when editing the character. However, there is a new method which is easier. 1) Edit the character 2) Click "Edit Token Properties" 3) Change anything on the token you want to change 4) click Save Settings 5) (optional) Apply Token Defaults, click ok, WAIT until it is finished (This will push the change to every token connected to the character. ) 6) click Save Changes If you are still having difficulty please provide the steps you are performing so we can see where the problem might be.
When using the charactermancer does attributes only allow for custom selection of stats?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Pat C. said: When using the charactermancer does attributes only allow for custom selection of stats? You can do&nbsp; Standard Array, Roll for Stat, Point Buy, or Custom
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Pat C. said: When using the charactermancer does attributes only allow for custom selection of stats? Hi Pat! If you are only using the SRD (System Reference Document, the free subset of rules), this is the case. Ability score generation is not included in the SRD. Roll20 can't include a method that is only found in the PHB or DMG, such as dice rolling or point buy/spread. If you have either of these purchased and/or available in your game?
FWIW, Players Handbook is currently 40% off . I grabbed it.
Does anyone know of a way to create a a character whose attribute references the value of an attribute of a different character? In my use case, I have a player who is taking the Artillerist subclass. He can create an eldritch cannon with HP equal to five times his artificer level. I'd **like** to be able to create a sheet for the cannon, and for the hp attribute, use "5 * @{charname|base_level}}". I've tried this, and several permutations, but nothing I've tried gets parsed correctly.&nbsp; Can this be done, or will we just need to remember to manually increase the cannons' hp when the character gains a level?

Edited 1680662007
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ryan W. said: Does anyone know of a way to create a a character whose attribute references the value of an attribute of a different character? In my use case, I have a player who is taking the Artillerist subclass. He can create an eldritch cannon with HP equal to five times his artificer level. I'd **like** to be able to create a sheet for the cannon, and for the hp attribute, use "5 * @{charname|base_level}}". I've tried this, and several permutations, but nothing I've tried gets parsed correctly.&nbsp; Can this be done, or will we just need to remember to manually increase the cannons' hp when the character gains a level? Unfortunately neither the PC nor the NPC sheet use autocalculations for HP, so you cannot do that without using a Mod (API script).&nbsp;
Gauss said: Ryan W. said: Does anyone know of a way to create a a character whose attribute references the value of an attribute of a different character? In my use case, I have a player who is taking the Artillerist subclass. He can create an eldritch cannon with HP equal to five times his artificer level. I'd **like** to be able to create a sheet for the cannon, and for the hp attribute, use "5 * @{charname|base_level}}". I've tried this, and several permutations, but nothing I've tried gets parsed correctly.&nbsp; Can this be done, or will we just need to remember to manually increase the cannons' hp when the character gains a level? Unfortunately neither the PC nor the NPC sheet use autocalculations for HP, so you cannot do that without using a Mod (API script).&nbsp; Thanks! I threw together a little script that appears to work, except that I'm having trouble getting it to trigger only when a character's level changes. I've tried: on('change:character:base_level', function() { // update the eldritch cannons' hp attribute } but it doesn't seem to be working. If I make it way overbroad (like 'change:graphic') it works perfectly. I'm a bit new to this.&nbsp;
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ryan W. said: Gauss said: Ryan W. said: Does anyone know of a way to create a a character whose attribute references the value of an attribute of a different character? In my use case, I have a player who is taking the Artillerist subclass. He can create an eldritch cannon with HP equal to five times his artificer level. I'd **like** to be able to create a sheet for the cannon, and for the hp attribute, use "5 * @{charname|base_level}}". I've tried this, and several permutations, but nothing I've tried gets parsed correctly.&nbsp; Can this be done, or will we just need to remember to manually increase the cannons' hp when the character gains a level? Unfortunately neither the PC nor the NPC sheet use autocalculations for HP, so you cannot do that without using a Mod (API script).&nbsp; Thanks! I threw together a little script that appears to work, except that I'm having trouble getting it to trigger only when a character's level changes. I've tried: on('change:character:base_level', function() { // update the eldritch cannons' hp attribute } but it doesn't seem to be working. If I make it way overbroad (like 'change:graphic') it works perfectly. I'm a bit new to this.&nbsp; I suggest posting a thread in the Mods (API scripts) forum. You will better assistance from folks that write scripts. :)

Edited 1680770784
Gauss said: The player does not make tokens, they only change the art of the token.&nbsp; The steps to make a token has not changed. You still drop it on the table, set it up, then update the token to the character. You can hit the "Update Default Token" button in the token settings or you can hit "Use Selected Token" when editing the character. However, there is a new method which is easier. 1) Edit the character 2) Click "Edit Token Properties" 3) Change anything on the token you want to change 4) click Save Settings 5) (optional) Apply Token Defaults, click ok, WAIT until it is finished (This will push the change to every token connected to the character. ) 6) click Save Changes If you are still having difficulty please provide the steps you are performing so we can see where the problem might be. Your way don't work good because is: - No synchronization with character sheet. When token take damage, nothing changes on character sheet. Same situation with changing AC.&nbsp; &nbsp; - TokenAura Api see no HP. Maybe you don't know this api? Here I show the screen: On left side is my way: synchronizes token with character sheet + working Api Token Aura On right side your way: No synchronization with character sheet + not working Api Token Aura. My way is old way: 1. Player put to character sheet only avatar, which is a token. 2. I make drag and drop this avatar to the table 3. Edit token properties. 4. In sheet edit, I use function: Use selected token.&nbsp; Everything works and take one minute. But when player does token alone, I need 10 minutes of combination for fix this.&nbsp; So my question is easy: How to win with this bug :) ?&nbsp;

Edited 1680774379
Gauss
Forum Champion
The new method synchronizes with the character sheet without going through "Use Selected Token" However, you can still do the old method and "Use Selected Token" option if you'd like.&nbsp; I am able to use both the old and the new methods to create tokens that work correctly. Including the steps you just outlined.&nbsp; Perhaps if you break the steps down in more detail I can see what the problem is.&nbsp; Also, can you provide screenshots of the tokens? Perhaps there is a setting that isn't set up correctly? One note: you mentioned "Avatar". Are you dragging the token from the Journal tab or are you dragging the avatar from the Character's Bio &amp; Info tab?&nbsp;
Hi everyone, I'm kind of new to Roll20 and we've come across an issue I'm hoping someone can help me out with. My players are having issues with dragging and dropping items and spells while using the iPad. Is it possible to drag and drop with iPad?
I haven't used the iPad version, but one commonly known issue is that drag n' drop doesn't work if the character sheet is "popped out" of Roll20.&nbsp; TROY K. said: Hi everyone, I'm kind of new to Roll20 and we've come across an issue I'm hoping someone can help me out with. My players are having issues with dragging and dropping items and spells while using the iPad. Is it possible to drag and drop with iPad?
Sorry I'm rather new here and would like to know how to create a character sheet for DND 5e on the site and in the app.&nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi&nbsp;nuritsubusu! First off: Welcome to Roll20! Here's my welcome wagon speech. You can probably find the best answers in the paragraph I have emboldened: If you are looking for a quick hands-on introduction I would recommend&nbsp;taking the&nbsp; Tutorial . For a more in-depth guide, you can&nbsp;check out the excellent&nbsp; Tutorial Videos &nbsp;by Carlos Luna&nbsp;on Youtube, or my own video,&nbsp; Starting from Scratch . Additionally, starting your own test game to play with different features and controls is a great way of getting used to the software and layout! If you are ready to jump into some adventures, check out the &nbsp;Looking For Group Tool &nbsp;and&nbsp; Looking for Group Forum &nbsp;daily for games that may be of interest to you. Also, be sure to fill out your&nbsp; User Profile ! Your "Bio" is where you have a chance to catch a GM's eye with a well-written statement about yourself The "Enjoys Playing" section is important for two reasons: Every entry you put here is a data-point for&nbsp; The Orr Group Industry Report &nbsp;of games being played, and it lets other people looking at your profile know a bit more about you The "Actively Seeks Group For" section is where you can add yourself to the&nbsp; Player Directory &nbsp;for systems you want to play We also have a&nbsp; wiki &nbsp;and a&nbsp; Help Center &nbsp;where you can find answers to a lot of your questions! However, if you can't find an answer, feel free to post in our&nbsp; various sub-forums &nbsp;based on their particular topics. Completely new to Role-Playing Games?&nbsp;Check out our&nbsp; Introduction to Tabletop RPGs &nbsp;wiki page. Good luck (and loot) on your adventures!
Back to the question of the Herengon initiative bonus that is @{pb}... is there a way to make this work as a token macro? Here is what I have now for the macro: %{selected|npc_init} We learned that under Settings &gt; Initiative Modifier that we cannot put @{pb} in there and have it work, but someone suggested adding this to Attributes &amp; Abilities &gt; initiative_style @{d20}+ @{pb}[PB] That works, when init is rolled from the Core screen, but I'm at a loss if it's possible to do it as a token macro?

Edited 1682464741
Gauss
Forum Champion
TheWebCoder said: Back to the question of the Herengon initiative bonus that is @{pb}... is there a way to make this work as a token macro? Here is what I have now for the macro: %{selected|npc_init} We learned that under Settings &gt; Initiative Modifier that we cannot put @{pb} in there and have it work, but someone suggested adding this to Attributes &amp; Abilities &gt; initiative_style @{d20}+ @{pb}[PB] That works, when init is rolled from the Core screen, but I'm at a loss if it's possible to do it as a token macro? Here you go:&nbsp; @{Test|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{init-u}}} {{mod=@{Test|initiative_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{Test|initiative_style} +@{Test|pb} + @{Test|initiative_bonus}@{Test|pbd_safe}[INIT] &amp;{tracker}]]}} {{normal=1}} @{Test|charname_output} How I got this:&nbsp; 1) click the initiative button on a character.&nbsp; 2) click on the chat box in the chat tab. 3) Hit the up arrow on the keyboard 4) copy the text in the chat box 5) insert the bolded text 6) put that into a macro.&nbsp; This process works for most buttons when you want to turn a button into a macro and make alterations to the macro.&nbsp; Note: replace "Test" with the character name.
I'd forgotten about that. Thanks Gauss!&nbsp; Gauss said: How I got this:&nbsp; 1) click the initiative button on a character.&nbsp; 2) click on the chat box in the chat tab. 3) Hit the up arrow on the keyboard 4) copy the text in the chat box 5) insert the bolded text 6) put that into a macro.&nbsp; This process works for most buttons when you want to turn a button into a macro and make alterations to the macro.&nbsp; Note: replace "Test" with the character name.
Hi there. I have a feature request for this sheet. Hope you find it interesting. As a DM, when asking new players (and often experienced players) to do some interaction with the sheet, directing them to the correct place on the sheet can be an onerous chore. As the sheet's state is shared real time - including the charactermancer and which 'tab' is active - it would be useful to have a small 'highlight toggle widget' in the corner of each page section that when activated highlights that section (and possibly a 'scroll to') for the player to find. I think, for most, this would save a LOT of time trying to verbally explain repeatedly in front of the whole group 'no, above that, yes, the bit that says Saving Throws at the bottom'. I have one player that I have to explain that saves and ability rolls are in different places EVERY TIME. Thanks in advance for your consideration.
AllixHD said: . I have one player that I have to explain that saves and ability rolls are in different places EVERY TIME. I have one of those, too. I sometimes wonder what they are actually looking at, but as they've never agreed to share a screen (which Discord can do) I've never been able to check. One of the other players is much faster than me at taking a screenshot and adding an arrow with the word "here" next to it, but if you can do it quickly, that's what I'd suggest you do if you can do so quickly and without holding up the game.
Hi there! I also have a small issue with the sheet that I want to raise in the hope of a resolution. The 'drop from compendium' tool is awesome, and often works really well. I am particularly fond of the the interpretation of 'versatile' that creates two attacks. However, as a DM that creates a lot of bespoke magic items and weapons, adding or editing items does not update attached elements as effectively, which suggests that the function that effects these changes is different to the 'drop from compendium' update action. Recent case of mine - modifying a Spear +2 to have additional properties: change broke the 'versatile' element so that it only created one 'attack' element (although that may be because the Spear +2 Modifiers was using 'Secondary Damage' instead of 'Alternative Damage - but fixing it did not update attacks properly). Magic damage is intermittently applied in attack elements created. Adding in or editing 'Attack Description' doesn't make the change, but it does work when attack element is created with 'drop from compendium' I don't know how the code works and can only infer from behaviour, but I suggest that it could be addressed by attaching the sheet update functionality from&nbsp; 'delete item' and 'drop from compendium' to an 'update' call-to-action in the item edit subview, or just attached to the item's '(i) info icon) edit toggle actions, or even just the 'close' version. Thanks for your consideration. PS:&nbsp;Related minor questions/issues: why do weapon items have an '(i) info icon' toggle to show/edit properties, while almost everywhere else it is a 'gear/cog' toggle? quite a few 'versatile' weapons have 'Secondary Damage' where it seems that they should be using 'Alternative Damage' - is there anywhere to post these tiny data issues to enable changes? (See also 'Weapon Attacks +2' vs 'Melee Attacks +2') can we change the 'versatile' attack labels from 'Weapon Name (One-Handed)' to '(1H) Weapon Name' please? With longer item names, the salient detail gets pushed off the end of the line, and editing it breaks the link back to the item. editing Modifiers tends to end up with multiple 'Critical Range: 20' values being added in - normally at the end, but not always.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
AllixHD said: Hi there. I have a feature request for this sheet. Hope you find it interesting. As a DM, when asking new players (and often experienced players) to do some interaction with the sheet, directing them to the correct place on the sheet can be an onerous chore. As the sheet's state is shared real time - including the charactermancer and which 'tab' is active - it would be useful to have a small 'highlight toggle widget' in the corner of each page section that when activated highlights that section (and possibly a 'scroll to') for the player to find. I think, for most, this would save a LOT of time trying to verbally explain repeatedly in front of the whole group 'no, above that, yes, the bit that says Saving Throws at the bottom'. I have one player that I have to explain that saves and ability rolls are in different places EVERY TIME. Thanks in advance for your consideration. Hi AllixHD! This made me think of what might be a useful way to do this. Take a screenshot of a sample character sheet. This may require some scrolling and stitching of the graphic outside of Roll20. Place the graphic on the VTT and size it to a readable size. Make that graphic the default token of a blank character sheet. Now you can drag out a pre-sized image of the character sheet whenever you wish. When you need to show your player where part of a sheet is, drag out the image and direct their attention by means of a shift-Z ping.

Edited 1683127316
Gauss
Forum Champion
AllixHD &nbsp;said: Hi there. I have a feature request for this sheet. Hope you find it interesting. As a DM, when asking new players (and often experienced players) to do some interaction with the sheet, directing them to the correct place on the sheet can be an onerous chore. As the sheet's state is shared real time - including the charactermancer and which 'tab' is active - it would be useful to have a small 'highlight toggle widget' in the corner of each page section that when activated highlights that section (and possibly a 'scroll to') for the player to find. I think, for most, this would save a LOT of time trying to verbally explain repeatedly in front of the whole group 'no, above that, yes, the bit that says Saving Throws at the bottom'. I have one player that I have to explain that saves and ability rolls are in different places EVERY TIME. Thanks in advance for your consideration. As a workaround, the way I guide players to part of the sheet is by clicking things on and off. They will see the checkbox flashing.&nbsp; AllixHD said: Hi there! I also have a small issue with the sheet that I want to raise in the hope of a resolution. The 'drop from compendium' tool is awesome, and often works really well. I am particularly fond of the the interpretation of 'versatile' that creates two attacks. However, as a DM that creates a lot of bespoke magic items and weapons, adding or editing items does not update attached elements as effectively, which suggests that the function that effects these changes is different to the 'drop from compendium' update action. Recent case of mine - modifying a Spear +2 to have additional properties: change broke the 'versatile' element so that it only created one 'attack' element (although that may be because the Spear +2 Modifiers was using 'Secondary Damage' instead of 'Alternative Damage - but fixing it did not update attacks properly). Magic damage is intermittently applied in attack elements created. Adding in or editing 'Attack Description' doesn't make the change, but it does work when attack element is created with 'drop from compendium' I don't know how the code works and can only infer from behaviour, but I suggest that it could be addressed by attaching the sheet update functionality from&nbsp; 'delete item' and 'drop from compendium' to an 'update' call-to-action in the item edit subview, or just attached to the item's '(i) info icon) edit toggle actions, or even just the 'close' version. Thanks for your consideration. PS:&nbsp;Related minor questions/issues: why do weapon items have an '(i) info icon' toggle to show/edit properties, while almost everywhere else it is a 'gear/cog' toggle? quite a few 'versatile' weapons have 'Secondary Damage' where it seems that they should be using 'Alternative Damage' - is there anywhere to post these tiny data issues to enable changes? (See also 'Weapon Attacks +2' vs 'Melee Attacks +2') can we change the 'versatile' attack labels from 'Weapon Name (One-Handed)' to '(1H) Weapon Name' please? With longer item names, the salient detail gets pushed off the end of the line, and editing it breaks the link back to the item. editing Modifiers tends to end up with multiple 'Critical Range: 20' values being added in - normally at the end, but not always. Regarding editing the item, rather than editing the item directly, I suggest editing the attack(s). Editing the item can be tricky if you are not certain of what you are doing, and even then it can be problematic. It is a good starting point, not the main point to edit.&nbsp; Not sure what you mean by secondary vs alternative damage. 5e by Roll20's attack design is to have two damage fields so that people with a second damage ability, such as fire, poison, etc. can apply that to their weapon. My players use the second field all the time.&nbsp; I have not experienced intermittent magic damage modifiers. Could you provide a screenshot of that occurring and a screenshot of the attack while it is being edited? To reiterate, in general do not edit the weapon entry, it is far more difficult to get that correct than it is to edit the attack.&nbsp;
So I am looking at adding new stat blocks to the sheet for homebrewed aspects of my campaign, and I've had issues trying to do this in the past. I'm wondering if there is anyone that could help me out that has a lot of experience with it and/or with scripting for roll20?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Huntress! Can you describe what you mean by " adding new stat blocks" to the sheet? I sheet only has one statblock, and then, only if it is an NPC sheet. Do you mean: A) Creating homebrew monsters by filling in the statblock with your own information? Entirely possible, just by creating a new character from the Journal Tab, and telling the resulting dialog box that you would like to create a new NPC. or B) Altering the fields on the existing character sheet, example, adding new Ability scores beyond Str, Dex, etc.? I.e. redesigning the sheet? This cannot be done to the official 5e sheet. The code is proprietary and hidden. There might still be a several-years-old public copy of the sheet code on the github repo, but it would be very out of date, and require a Pro account, plus reasonable facility with htm, css, and JavaScript to edit.
keithcurtis said: Hi Huntress! Can you describe what you mean by " adding new stat blocks" to the sheet? I sheet only has one statblock, and then, only if it is an NPC sheet. Do you mean: A) Creating homebrew monsters by filling in the statblock with your own information? Entirely possible, just by creating a new character from the Journal Tab, and telling the resulting dialog box that you would like to create a new NPC. or B) Altering the fields on the existing character sheet, example, adding new Ability scores beyond Str, Dex, etc.? I.e. redesigning the sheet? This cannot be done to the official 5e sheet. The code is proprietary and hidden. There might still be a several-years-old public copy of the sheet code on the github repo, but it would be very out of date, and require a Pro account, plus reasonable facility with htm, css, and JavaScript to edit. I mean like adding an entirely new field like say we have an exiting stat block on the sheet for speed, or dexterity, or such and I want to add another for a astat not currently represented but that I am using in my homebrew to better represent something that existing stats don't represent as well (multiple stats may represent parts of it but each are only part of a whole). So trying to have a stat that comprises all of that, comprising a whole, and then a secondary stat which is similar to the paladin "lay on hands pool" or "temp HP" in which you have a set number that can be filled or depleted but it's max doesn't change only the amount used/filled. Only I don't want to use existing spots on the sheet for this as they will be used for what they are meant to. Players currently are typing up the info in the empty text blocks on other parts of their sheet like the Bio section and such. Of Course I know to use the scripting page special stuff and all I will need to upgrade to Pro subscription.
If you are using the 5E Sheet by Roll20 you might be able to repurpose something like Piety to record your primary stat.&nbsp; The secondary stat sounds like a resource and could be tracked in the resource section.&nbsp; Not ideal but probably the simplest most feasable solution.
Is anyone else experiencing painfully slow opening of character sheets in game?&nbsp; This started with the opening on the Character Sheet versus the Bio &amp; Info tab, and seems to have increased over time.&nbsp; I wondered if it could be my computer, by my players are having the same issues. As I realize my perception may be off, I've just run a stopwatch for the time it takes to open one of the sheets I had to open this morning to add a player to the sheet.&nbsp; Opening from the Journal took 37 seconds.&nbsp; I stopped the stopwatch.&nbsp; Then I went to the Bio &amp; Info tab, removed the player I'd added this morning, and started the stopwatch again after hitting save.&nbsp; It took 1:22 (minutes/seconds) altogether for the open and the save.&nbsp; Is this normal?

Edited 1684168529
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Ajax DM! That doesn't sound normal at all. Are there an extremely large number of spells resident on the slow sheets? I just tested here and got 13 seconds on a pokey old Chromebook. Wasn't in a position to test on my Mac, but my assumption is that it takes less than half that time there. Edit: On my Mac/Chrome, a character with 53 spells on it took 7 seconds to open, 5 on Firefox.

Edited 1684117865
Gauss
Forum Champion
It can take more or less time depending on tabs you might have open besides Roll20, your internet connection, what is going on between yourself and the destination (Roll20) internet-wise, and Roll20's own issues.&nbsp; In my experience it isn't unheard of for Roll20's character loading to go from quick to slow...on the same sheet...in the same session. Without loading other sheets (ie: just the same sheet being opened). As a GM it can definitely slow down after doing a bunch of stuff in Roll20, opening other sheets, etc. Performing a refresh when this happens helps.&nbsp;

Edited 1684154932
I have the highest internet speed package available in an urban environment, so it shouldn't be speed-related.&nbsp; In this instance, I only had Roll20 open in Chrome, with Discord app open for audio.&nbsp; I'd just opened the game in Roll20.&nbsp; I redid it this morning just now.&nbsp; Waited for the map I was on (a simple map with 6 tokens) to load, then opened the sheet.&nbsp; It took 50 seconds.&nbsp; The character is a cleric with 27 spells.&nbsp; Another character, a barbarian with no spells, took 36 seconds.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Some more things to try: Test in a private browsing window to reduce the possibility that this is due to an extension conflict Test in a different browser, for the above reasons, but also to make sure that the issue is not browser-related Examine the campaign and see if there are any points at which it is becoming unwieldy. Fast Loading has greatly reduced the issues stemming from large campaigns, but it's not a cure-all. The Campaign Survey Mod Script can help you do this. Delete Cache and Cookies, in case some malformed data is getting in the way of smooth operation. Lastly, are you suffering from unusually high CPU/GPU usage while using Roll20? There is a small but persistent number of users with this issue that is proving very difficult for Roll20 to replicate, but they have also reported lag.