Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

So, I was reading through the Wiki for the Shaped Sheet, and found out how to add token macros for Weapons and Class actions. I read somewhere that the spells are also repeating actions. Is there a way to make a token button to mimic the Cast button for a spell?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spells are repeating, so no.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Please support: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1240016/official" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1240016/official</a>...
Kryx said: Spells are repeating, so no. So sad that spells token macro's can't be made like weapons. &nbsp;My casters are always the slowest players because they keep their sheets up and have to flip back and forth. &nbsp;They've given up on custom macros for some reason.
When you cast a spell, you can click on the chat box and then press the "up" arrow key. You will see the last chat input that you have send (ie. spell), and you can easily copy/past that into a new macro.
Alzam said: When you cast a spell, you can click on the chat box and then press the "up" arrow key. You will see the last chat input that you have send (ie. spell), and you can easily copy/past that into a new macro. Dude! You are a freaking genius! I knew up the up arrow in chat, but never realized it did that for spells and other things from the sheet!
I'm currently experimenting with token action macros for all my monsters. So far I've managed to make skill checks, attack rolls and spells work but when I try to macro in initiative it would just display %{name|Initiative}. What am I missing here?

Edited 1444652346
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are query macros for saves, and checks: %{NAME|save_query_macro} %{NAME|check_query_macro} Initiative is: %{NAME|Initiative} However you must have a token selected for that to work unless you change stuff in the settings tab.
Nonimo said: I'm currently experimenting with token action macros for all my monsters. So far I've managed to make skill checks, attack rolls and spells work but when I try to macro in initiative it would just display %{name|Initiative}. What am I missing here? Did you happen to name you token action Initiative? I made the same mistake myself. It is calling itself so you are just getting a text output. Change the name to Init, or anything other than Initiative.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ed S. said: Change the name to Init, or anything other than Initiative. Yup, I did that as well. I use "Init"
Kryx said: Ed S. said: Change the name to Init, or anything other than Initiative. Yup, I did that as well. I use "Init" Ah, I see. That makes sense, thanks!
Noticed a minor bug in the 2nd October version of the sheet. In the Spells tab, the 'Secondary Stat' text under 'Spellcasting Stats' is showing the French translation on all languages (2eme Stat de Lancement). Thought I'd mention it since you may have missed it. Thanks for all your work!

Edited 1444834700
Woops, I didn't see that. I'll fix it :)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
October 16th 2015 Spell higher levels are now a select. No data should be lost unless you used something other than d2,d4,d6,d8,d10,d12,d20 @Lucian you're going to have to adjust your spellDefaults stuff. It is now showing "undefined" on the higher die stuff. No idea why. I didn't commit it.
I just upgraded my campaign to your shaped 5e sheet. &nbsp;After doing so I noticed that my players sheets have lost their weapons and spells they had entered on the other 5e sheet. &nbsp;I haven't been able to find information regarding this issue. Do they just need to re add them? or is there an easier way of doing it?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Kaso, Spells were the same. I recently re-did spells. If you were Pro you could import them with my script. Otherwise a lot is lost now. I'll update my main post about that. The old weapons are still there - they just need to be toggled. Though I recommend to use the new ones.
Ok, I'll just have them readd. We just started and only had 1 session so its not a big deal. &nbsp;I don't think it would be worth my time to use the script.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spell importing is super nice. Depends how many casters you have. But ya, up to you.

Edited 1445107491
Is there a %{NAME|repeating_actions_0_action} equivalent for Legendary actions (or reactions) ?

Edited 1445109851
Silvyre
Forum Champion
%{name|repeating_legendary_actions_0_action} @{name|reactions}
Many thanks, Silvyre.
I'm trying to create a class action that looks like a regular weapon roll, but modified to use my battle masters superiority dice? I can't seem to figure out the best way to do this. Any suggestions?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are examples of it around - search the forums.
Kryx said: There are examples of it around - search the forums. Going on week 2 of trying to figure this out. I've searched the forums. I guess i'll keep digging.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Jeff M. said: Kryx said: There are examples of it around - search the forums. Going on week 2 of trying to figure this out. I've searched the forums. I guess i'll keep digging. Start digging here .

Edited 1445129215
I'm trying to create macro/Class action for my BM fighter such that on a weapon attack includes a "button" for his maneuvers. I got that part. What I would like to do is also include the resources remaining. Since maneuvers are generic across several actions he has them set as a Class resource. (seems appropriate) What I would like to do is include this resource total and current in the attack macro. The rest is in reference the "class" tab and class macros. What I can't figure out is the attribute to use for class resources!! not 'class action' resources. What I have now: @{classResourceTotal} of @{classresourcetotal|max} Superiority Dice remaining [*@{classactionname3}*](! @{Thomas Fairmeadow|output_option} &{template:5eDefault} {{classaction=3}} {{character_name=@{Thomas Fairmeadow|character_name}}} @{Thomas Fairmeadow|show_character_name} {{title=@{Thomas Fairmeadow|classactionname3}}} {&#123 It's the @{classResourceTotal} of @{classresourcetotal|max} Superiority Dice remaining part that I having a problem with. I would like to display the Class Resource value as part of the macro, so my player only has to track usage in 1(one) spot instead of 3(three)+(plus). So upon further review: It seem class resources are "repeating actions". Help?

Edited 1445129741
Silvyre
Forum Champion
The Attribute you probably want is @{repeating_classresources_0_ClassResourceTotal}
I cannot for the life of me, get my sneak attack to link to my regular weapon attacks. I want a popup to show when I roll a weapon attack, asking if I want to apply SA damage or not. Here is what I have, and I have it linked to output option melee, and ranged attacks. What am I doing wrong? ?{Sneak Attack|None,**No Sneak Attack**|Sneak Attack,[[2d6]]}
Try None,0 [No Sneak Attack]|Sneak Attack, 2d6}

Edited 1445145554
Jake M. said: Try None,0 [No Sneak Attack]|Sneak Attack, 2d6} Still no luck. It allows me to select "none" or "sneak attack", but it just does a regular weapon roll. Do I perhaps have to update the character sheet? I have Oct. 2nd / 2015, so I think it'd be current.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Did you give your class action a name? Output options won't work for an unnamed class action.
Silvyre said: Did you give your class action a name? Output options won't work for an unnamed class action. Something so simple. Thanks again Silvyre.
Silvyre said: %{name|repeating_legendary_actions_0_action} @{name|reactions} Can I do the same for Lair Actions?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Kaelev said: Silvyre said: %{name|repeating_legendary_actions_0_action} @{name|reactions} Can I do the same for Lair Actions? Yeah.
Since Paladins and Clerics know every one of their spells, wouldn't it make sense for those spells to be built into the sheet by default when you get level 2 Paladin/Cleric?

Edited 1445464119
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spells cannot be built into the sheet due to Copyright. You can however use the importer. However mass amounts of spells = lots of delay to open a sheet. It's an issue with Roll20 itself that I cannot solve.
Kryx said: Spells cannot be built into the sheet due to Copyright. You can however use the importer. However mass amounts of spells = lots of delay to open a sheet. It's an issue with Roll20 itself that I cannot solve. I know its not on your end, but do you have any idea what roll20 could do to expedite processing of the character sheet? &nbsp;Its super slow compared to many other character sheets (I know its due to the crazy amount of stuff in it) Cause I would spend my votes on making a suggestion especially since power user stuff is coming up in the next update

Edited 1445495370
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
One would be to use a better data binding framework. Several other technical ways to improve the data binding like I suggested in some older threads. I forget the specifics right now. I heard they discussed it, but haven't heard anything in a while. An even better option would be to make spells be stored elsewhere and just called from the sheet. This could be a user compendium of monsters and spells.
Excuse me, can i translate your sheet on Russian and somehow contact you to integrate this translation, like you do with german and italian? And do i need any APi for translation works?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Go for it Alex. Follow the same pattern the others use. There is no API. I should make it all a JSON file so it's simple for translators.

Edited 1445605671
Kryx said: Go for it Alex. Follow the same pattern the others use. There is no API. I should make it all a JSON file so it's simple for translators. Oh, thank you, i'm should read those old posts from translators, cos don't really know, how to work with Github and what file i needed ) Thank you again.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Basically you have to search through the project and find anything with "sheet-de" or "sheet-fr" and make sure there is a "sheet-ru" version. I should make this a lot easier with a JSON file, but it's a decent amount of work.
I did the french translation, so if you need help, you can always PM me too ;)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
October 24th 2015 Added a setting for changing the passive skill base (instead of 10) Removed skill macro as it's in the check macro Fixed Lucian's spell thing after I changed spell higher level stuff to a select input
I am just wondering how to do text formatting in it, such as bold text or links?
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Mur said: I am just wondering how to do text formatting in it, such as bold text or links? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Basic_Formatting" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Text_Chat#Basic_Formatting</a>
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
October 30th 2015 Added Russian
I imagine this is already fixed, but I noticed that on the Spell tab on the English sheet, the secondary casting stat label seems to be in French.

Edited 1446635711
Yes, that's already fixed :)
I set up a spell in my sheet, and it is giving me a bizarre error message.&nbsp; I set this spell up the same way as all other spells are in the sheet, and they are all working fine.&nbsp; This spell is the only one giving an error message (the rest all seem to work fine).&nbsp; I have attached an image of the error message in case you can give me some direction about fixing my sheet) .