Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SW FFG] Official Character Sheet Thread

Edited 1482351878
Sam
Sheet Author
With the SW FFG character sheet being under new management this will be the official thread for it now. Update 12/21/2016: I have not been updating this post or the sheet in quite a while. Currently, the sheet is being awesomely maintained by   Tim P . To access the latest stable version of the sheet you can get it by going to your settings then the character sheet and select it from the drop-down of available sheets. This sheet requires the use of the Javascript API in order to function. This is a Pro subscriber only feature. Only the author of the campaign needs to be a Pro  subscriber. If the author and the GM of the game differ the author creates the campaign and then the actual GM is then promoted to be a Co-GM by the campaign author and then each session the campaign author goes to the cogwheel and clicks the "rejoin as player" button in order to just be a player. In order to access the script portion of the sheet, you must go to the API section of the campaign settings and select it from the drop-down options. Thank you, everyone, for your continued use and support of this sheet and know that the maintainers old and current wouldn't be able to do without your support.
This is the new thread for feedback for the SW FFG character sheet. Let's please keep all topic to the OP. If you have any issues, please review our  Code of Conduct or PM a moderator for help. Best of luck  Samuel T. , thanks for taking this on!
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello there, Just to report a small bug (I think). In the Combat tab, if you select the "Lightsaber" skill, when making a roll with the associated button, the output is blank. It's strange because the same skill Lightsaber in the "Skill" tab works correctly, as are any other skills than "Lightsaber" used in the Combat tab (Ranged, Melee, etc). Version used : 4.0.4.10

Edited 1462901820
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue likely is due to missing tags in the 4.0.4.10 version.  Imgur of error listing This is an output from Visual Studio. It should help resolve the current issues.
Would it also be possible to add Medicine to the weapon dropdown too? If I remember right there's an npc droid in some AoR adventure that can use a Medicine check with anesthetic needles to inflict strain damage and, well, one of my players wants to be able to do the same kind of thing and inject their way out of encounters haha. This is probably a very situational and rarely-used thing for most users so I understand if you don't do it, it's simple enough to just wing it, but just thought I'd ask anyway :)

Edited 1462908608
Samuel T. said: Version 4.0.4.10 is out and ready for testing. It can be found here:&nbsp; <a href="https://jsfiddle.net/m7gvw7ee/1/" rel="nofollow">https://jsfiddle.net/m7gvw7ee/1/</a> Bookmark, going to do some test right now :D, will post up if i find anything major ok Notes i found so far :D : 1 - For skill you only have Mechanics and Resilience in the combat weapon drop down skill list along with the combat skill..&nbsp; 2 - Attachments - is there a way to add button to make more slots for attachments on the weapons? cause some items now can have 7 hard points and there only 4 slots open (some attachments only have 1 hard point and if that is the case, you can have 7 attachments)
btw Rhino, i really like that gold background you posted on that other thread :)
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Acrisius said: btw Rhino, i really like that gold background you posted on that other thread :) Aside from my group you are the first person that commented on it, positively and only the second to comment on it all, so I removed it. It seems people (or 1 person) likes the ugly original colors instead.
Sam
Sheet Author
GM Knowledge Rhino said: The issue likely is due to missing tags&nbsp;in the 4.0.4.10 version.&nbsp; Imgur of error listing This&nbsp;is an output from Visual Studio. It should help resolve the current issues. Thank you Rhino, that imgur link will be great in tracking the errors down.

Edited 1462919714
Sam
Sheet Author
Zozo said: Would it also be possible to add Medicine to the weapon dropdown too?&nbsp; I'll add it right away. Edit: Done

Edited 1462919827
Sam
Sheet Author
Acrisius said: 1 - For skill you only have Mechanics and Resilience in the combat weapon drop down skill list along with the combat skill Do you what other skills? Just let me know which ones and I'll add them. 2 - Attachments - is there a way to add button to make more slots for attachments on the weapons? cause some items now can have 7 hard points and there only 4 slots open (some attachments only have 1 hard point and if that is the case, you can have 7 attachments) I'll make it a repeating section. That should give you all the room you could want. Edit: I tried making the attachments table a repeating section. My first attempt didn't work so while I'm working at it I went ahead and made the table with 7 slots instead of just the 4 as well as adding in a section for specifing the book and page the attachement comes from.
Sam
Sheet Author
Alix R. said: Hello there, Just to report a small bug (I think). In the Combat tab, if you select the "Lightsaber" skill, when making a roll with the associated button, the output is blank. It's strange because the same skill Lightsaber in the "Skill" tab works correctly, as are any other skills than "Lightsaber" used in the Combat tab (Ranged, Melee, etc). Version used :&nbsp;4.0.4.10 I just tested and it worked on my end with the lightsaber skill. I tested before fixing the html issues so I'm not sure what was going on in your case. Sometimes the rolls are a little bit temperamental. I'll get 4.0.4.11 out right away.

Edited 1462920482
btw, under the notes on the code itself... you may want to make sure you update that so people don't think its the same or old code lol as soon as 4.0.4.11 comes out I'll load it up and test it.. :D and i will check to see if i can get that problem that alix is having as will (i know this is a little net picking type deal and really, anyone can change it on the user end.. just thought i should throw that out :D)
Alix R. said: Hello there, Just to report a small bug (I think). In the Combat tab, if you select the "Lightsaber" skill, when making a roll with the associated button, the output is blank. It's strange because the same skill Lightsaber in the "Skill" tab works correctly, as are any other skills than "Lightsaber" used in the Combat tab (Ranged, Melee, etc). Version used :&nbsp;4.0.4.10 Hi Alix, I just tested the lightsaber roll on the combat tab under a weapon and i didn't get the bug you got. i know sometimes sever lag hits and things like that happens (i reported to rihno and then found out it was sever lag lmao) something to help out with this is some pictures of what is going on. Hope this works out for you and Sam can fix it :D
Sam
Sheet Author
Hope this works out for you and Sam can fix it :D I appreciate your vote of confidence :)
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Hey, I updated with 4.0.4.11 and still have the same issue. Here is a screenshot of what is happening : Step to reproduce : - Create a new character sheet - Input the Name of the Character is the sheet to be able to make rolls - In the "Combat" tab, in the repeating section comabt skill, add two skills, on being Lightsaber - Try to roll both skills. Any skill apart from Lightsaber is working as intented, reproducing the correct value from the "Skills" tab. Th lightsaber one is giving a blank output. I used v4.0.4.11 from the Original Post, along with the CSS and the Script provided. If it's only a thing in my game, I can delete this test game and create a new one, as it's not an ongoing game.
let me test.. i was going off the dice roller for the weapon itself, not the combat skills tab.. give me a sec lol bug- on the Critical Roll offset... when enter -90 the dice roller doesn't count -90 if the dice roll is lower then the neg number... if you get all the talents, you can have a critical roll offset of -130 so maybe put in a if (dice roll - offset is &gt; then 1) then Total = 1.. or something around that lines :D

Edited 1462922670
ok ya testing it i got the same thing that alix got. No dice was roll or the output didn't display :D and its only lightsaber like he said :D

Edited 1462925725
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have a theory about the lightsaber.... try selecting a different characteristic, then switching back see if that fixes it. It might need a default of brawn. My guess (because it happened in a new game) the "charLightsaber" doesn't get set unless it is changed.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think its not picking up the characteristic properly. In the Attributes tab the charLightsaber attribute is set to "@{brawn}". When that gets plugged into the skill roll is returns undefined for the Brawn characteristic. The Lightsaber roll in the Skills Tab uses the skill(characteristic,ranks) method whereas the Lightsaber roll in the Combat Tab uses a rollPlayer(character:name|skill:characteristic,ranks) roll, which doesn't seem to handle the "@{brawn}" attribute properly. Hope that helps.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've done a bit more digging into this issue. It seems the issue is in the rollPlayer function. Because the charLightsaber attribute is set to @{brawn} its not able to pass a numeric value through to the cmdSkill var on line 792. It's trying to pass the "@{brawn}" string through which is causing an undefined error.&nbsp; "eote.process.skill : skill(@{brawn}|2)" "eote.process.skill.abilityTotal : NaNg" I see two ways to fix this:&nbsp; Either work out how to store the numeric value of the Lightsaber characteristic in charLightsaber OR When putting together the cmdSkill in rollPlayer, first determine whether or not the attribute is numeric, and if not parse the characteristic string out and use it to get the numeric characteristic value from the diceObj. I've tried method 2 already and got it working, but its a bit hacky and there's probably a better way. if(!isNaN(parseFloat(attr_1)) && isFinite(attr_1)){ //is numeric var cmdSkill = ['skill(' + attr_1 + '|' + attr_2 + ')']; //['skill(0|2)'] } else{ var attr_3 = getAttrByName(diceObj.vars.characterID, attr_1.substr(2,attr_1.length-3)); var cmdSkill = ['skill(' + attr_3 + '|' + attr_2 + ')']; //['skill(0|2)'] }
Sam
Sheet Author
Thank you Tim, that will be a massive help. I've been looking into the issue a bit to see if there is another way and so far I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me as being wrong. I will continue looking into it and I will probably implement your solution as a temporary measure soon.
Sam
Sheet Author
Acrisius said: let me test.. i was going off the dice roller for the weapon itself, not the combat skills tab.. give me a sec lol bug- on the Critical Roll offset... when enter -90 the dice roller doesn't count -90 if the dice roll is lower then the neg number... if you get all the talents, you can have a critical roll offset of -130 so maybe put in a if (dice roll - offset is &gt; then 1) then Total = 1.. or something around that lines :D Do you have some examples of these talents that I can look at?
Durable -&nbsp;The character may reduce a Critical injury result he suffers by 10 per rank of Durable, to a minimum of one. Specializations that have them: Archaeologiest, Bodyguard, Commando(2), Enforcer, Fringer, Gunner(2),Heavy,&nbsp; Marshal(2), Shii-Cho Knight(2) IF (for some reason) someone gets it or only has one level of it and roll under that rank, then it doesn't show up as anything... which it should read 1. I cant get a picture of it cause it doesn't show up lol
Sam
Sheet Author
Tim P. said: I've done a bit more digging into this issue. It seems the issue is in the rollPlayer function. Because the charLightsaber attribute is set to @{brawn} its not able to pass a numeric value through to the cmdSkill var on line 792. It's trying to pass the "@{brawn}" string through which is causing an undefined error.&nbsp; "eote.process.skill : skill(@{brawn}|2)" "eote.process.skill.abilityTotal : NaNg" I see two ways to fix this:&nbsp; Either work out how to store the numeric value of the Lightsaber characteristic in charLightsaber OR When putting together the cmdSkill in rollPlayer, first determine whether or not the attribute is numeric, and if not parse the characteristic string out and use it to get the numeric characteristic value from the diceObj. I've tried method 2 already and got it working, but its a bit hacky and there's probably a better way. if(!isNaN(parseFloat(attr_1)) && isFinite(attr_1)){ //is numeric var cmdSkill = ['skill(' + attr_1 + '|' + attr_2 + ')']; //['skill(0|2)'] } else{ var attr_3 = getAttrByName(diceObj.vars.characterID, attr_1.substr(2,attr_1.length-3)); var cmdSkill = ['skill(' + attr_3 + '|' + attr_2 + ')']; //['skill(0|2)'] } I tried looking into a way of fixing in the html but what I had tried didn't pan out. Thank you for the js solution. If nothing else it makes the skills a little bit more robust.
One thing I love about the 5e SRD is the way the sheet completely reformats for NPCs. Basically, you check a box and all you get is a short and sweet stat block for your NPC. Click on an attack and it rolls it for you. Click on the name and it rolls initiative. So nice as a GM to have the information compressed into a single screen...no scrolling or switching tabs to make sure I know what the abilities/powers are supposed to be. It just pulls up everything I need to see in one place. I know its asking a lot to add a feature like that to the existing sheet...but thought I would at least throw it in. (I'm also generally a big fan of the way that sheet uses space so much more efficiently - even for the PC sheets. The design is so much more functional than most sheets you see on Roll20).

Edited 1463025490
Sam
Sheet Author
GM Matt said: One thing I love about the 5e SRD is the way the sheet completely reformats for NPCs. Basically, you check a box and all you get is a short and sweet stat block for your NPC. Click on an attack and it rolls it for you. Click on the name and it rolls initiative. So nice as a GM to have the information compressed into a single screen...no scrolling or switching tabs to make sure I know what the abilities/powers are supposed to be. It just pulls up everything I need to see in one place. I know its asking a lot to add a feature like that to the existing sheet...but thought I would at least throw it in. (I'm also generally a big fan of the way that sheet uses space so much more efficiently - even for the PC sheets. The design is so much more functional than most sheets you see on Roll20). I've always wanted an NPC section of the star wars sheet that streamlines it down. At work I was brainstorming a few ideas. I'll start working on them and see what happens. Look for it in versions *.13 or *.14 I'm also going to look into enabling a GM whisper roll. Previously this wasn't done because the dice images didn't show up when the result was whispered to the GM. I'm going to see if this has changed or barring that allow the output with the cavat of that and let the GMs choose how they want to deal with it.

Edited 1463067769
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A note, the first Career/Specializations being text boxes was to allow for homebrew careers/specializations. Removing this and adding other homebrew things is confusing to the player base. Also the weapon/armor attachments cant be a repeating section because they are already part of a repeating section. If you are adding more slots to account for that, add more to the force power upgrades (as 1 force power has 11 different upgrades if I remember right).
Sam
Sheet Author
GM Knowledge Rhino said: A note, the first Career/Specializations being text boxes was to allow for homebrew careers/specializations. Removing this and adding other homebrew things is confusing to the player base. Also the weapon/armor attachments cant be a repeating section because they are already part of a repeating section. If you are adding more slots to account for that, add more to the force power upgrades (as 1 force power has 11 different upgrades if I remember right). GM Knowledge Rhino said: A note, the first Career/Specializations being text boxes was to allow for homebrew careers/specializations. I did wonder about this. I am currently looking into an alternative. Removing this and adding other homebrew things is confusing to the player base. Genuinely curious about this, what other homebrew additions have been made to the character sheet? Also the weapon/armor attachments cant be a repeating section because they are already part of a repeating section. No nested repeating sections huh? Interesting, that might complicate things. Thanks for the insight, I'll look into it more. If you are adding more slots to account for that, add more to the force power upgrades (as 1 force power has 11 different upgrades if I remember right). Yikes, well if nested repeating sections aren't a thing and if a force power can have 11 different upgrades then I guess some additions need to be made.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: GM Knowledge Rhino said: A note, the first Career/Specializations being text boxes was to allow for homebrew careers/specializations. I did wonder about this. I am currently looking into an alternative. I am not sure what alternative there is other than a fill in. People have made careers for cowboys/ninjas/etc and specializations just as odd. Other notes: * Your help box is annoyingly large, hide it behind a checkbox or some other method or it is basically admitting that it is broken. It takes up way too much "real estate". * You will need to update the "Single Digit" section in the CSS as I removed my black and white faded one. 1 person was overly rude about my choices so everyone gets to lose out. You will see the section in the CSS commented out.

Edited 1463073367
GM Knowledge Rhino said: A note, the first Career/Specializations being text boxes was to allow for homebrew careers/specializations. Removing this and adding other homebrew things is confusing to the player base. Also the weapon/armor attachments cant be a repeating section because they are already part of a repeating section. If you are adding more slots to account for that, add more to the force power upgrades (as 1 force power has 11 different upgrades if I remember right). Oh ya i forgot about that to :) thanks for bring that up :D about the force upgrades lmao GM Knowledge Rhino said: "Your help box is annoyingly large, hide it behind a checkbox or some other method or it is basically admitting that it is broken. It takes up way too much "real estate"." Ya, thats the 1st thing i saw then i loaded up the char sheet, please hide it or something :D
need 11 slots for force powers upgrade slots (with Enhance having the most upgrades at 11 different upgrades) everything else has like 7 or 8...just a heads up
Bug - &nbsp;When the companion is rolling the Initiative check.. its reading it from the character sheet and not the companion sheet...
Sam
Sheet Author
Thanks acrisius, I'll get this fixed right away&nbsp;
New bug - Companion sheet Skills, Talents, Weapons & Powers.... the only way you can enter this tab is if you click on the words Skills and Talents. If you click on Weapons and Power, it does not open the tab up.. just FYI
Sam
Sheet Author
Acrisius said: New bug - Companion sheet Skills, Talents, Weapons & Powers.... the only way you can enter this tab is if you click on the words Skills and Talents. If you click on Weapons and Power, it does not open the tab up.. just FYI It's an issue that's been around for a while, the Pathfinder character sheet suffered the same problems when I helped to maintain it. I'm not sure if it's been solved yet.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You have to increase the width and adjust the margin of the hidden checkbox used for the clickable area. &nbsp;I manually adjust each hotspot to match the word length.
Sam
Sheet Author
Thanks Vince! I was wondering if that was possible. Glad to know it is.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
WARNING: Sheets can be addictive. Congrats on finding another distraction Samuel. ;-P

Edited 1463200961
Sam
Sheet Author
Vince said: WARNING: Sheets can be addictive. Congrats on finding another distraction Samuel. ;-P haha yeah no kidding. Every waking moment I'm finding that I'm thinking about this thing and adding new functionality or fixing bugs on my time off from work.&nbsp; Sorry for not coming back to the pathfinder character sheet. It really seems from the bleachers that you and Chris have things well in hand. I find that I tend to work on character sheets when I'm actively running a game in them or when I'm a player that uses them. Loving the recent changes and additions to the pathfinder one. Hoping the pathfinder sheet gets dragging and dropping from the compendium soon *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* :D I'm about to deploy a massive update to this one that adds in an npc sheet for people to use. I think it's like 2.5k or 3k new lines of code.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Chris came along at just the right time (sheet worker js) and has never looked back. &nbsp;Just when I think the sheet has reached it's limits, something always gets better. &nbsp;BTW: &nbsp;Drag and drop has been in the PF sheet for at least a few months... It doesn't work for everything, but we're kind of waiting for the PF Compendium to get some love from the Devs.
i dont know if i can ask this question here.&nbsp; How do i make a roll from the sheet?
Sam
Sheet Author
Daniel N. said: i dont know if i can ask this question here.&nbsp; How do i make a roll from the sheet? Of course you can ask that question here.&nbsp; All rolls from the sheet happen from the roll buttons near their respective things. For skills the buttons are on the right hand side. Look for the one that looks like it has a picture of a d20 in it.&nbsp; If you need / want more clarification just let me know.&nbsp;
Samuel T. said: Daniel N. said: i dont know if i can ask this question here.&nbsp; How do i make a roll from the sheet? Of course you can ask that question here.&nbsp; All rolls from the sheet happen from the roll buttons near their respective things. For skills the buttons are on the right hand side. Look for the one that looks like it has a picture of a d20 in it.&nbsp; If you need / want more clarification just let me know.&nbsp; Yeah I need some more clarification. I figured out that basicly you just press that small d20 on the specific skill to make the roll. But when i press the d20 icon nothing happens. &nbsp;
Sam
Sheet Author
I see that you're not a pro subscriber to roll20. This sheet requires the use of the javascript api in order to work.&nbsp;
ah so that's the problem