Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SW FFG] Official Character Sheet Thread

Sam
Sheet Author
Only the owner of the campaign needs be a pro subscriber, any other member doesn't have to be and will still benefit from being able to utilize the api
Well thats really awesome! thanks for the info!
Greetings everyone, just another reminder to keep this on topic and to review our  Code of Conduct before posting again. Thanks!
Bug - when puting a attachment into a weapon, it repeats itself and when you delete the copy, it deletes the main as will
Acrisius said: Bug -  When the companion is rolling the Initiative check.. its reading it from the character sheet and not the companion sheet... now its not letting me roll NPC on the character sheet at all.. it keeps saying PC with the number roll :(
Sam
Sheet Author
No worries Acrisius, keep giving me the bug reports. I really appreciate your dedication in rooting out the remaining issues. I know I haven't deployed a fix in a few days but I'm deploying version 5.0.0.0 which includes fixs for all the bug reports you've provided so far. Keep up the good work. Also the pictures are very much appreciated.
Sam
Sheet Author
Released version 5.0.0.0 of the character sheet. Please see the OP.
Had a quick look at the new NPC tab last night - looks great! Can't wait to give it a spin.
Hey samuel,  Question.. would it be hard to add a expense text in the shared resources on the char sheet? so this way the GM can track how much they pay in bills and ect ? it doesn't have to be part of the group credits. This is just a idea.. nothing that needs to be done or anything like that :D thanks man for the input

Edited 1463353751
Sam
Sheet Author
would it be hard to add a expense text in the shared resources on the char sheet? Would you like just a single expense field or would you prefer a repeating table where you could add a log of expenses? If I can figure out sheet workers then there could be a repeating table and a summary of expenses but that's a long ways off.
it would be a single expense so that why the players can add the total and input it there
Sam
Sheet Author
Version 5.0.0.1 was released right now.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are quite a few hiccups in 5.0.0.1; Line 8350 Table cannot be within a <tr></tr> needs to be within a <td></td> Line 8581 The property flows into the next line so both 8381/8382 are invalid code. Line 10801 Style attribute is repeated. Line 10821 "-0 is an invalid uses of the margin property" Line 15339 Table cannot be within a <tr></tr> needs to be within a <td></td> Issues with Force Power with Skill rolling. For Companion and NPC the skills seem to be being pulled from the main character and not from the companion/NPC Not sure if this is just my game or is systemic of the sheet.
Sam
Sheet Author
Thanks Rhino, will investigate this evening.
GM Knowledge Rhino said: Issues with Force Power with Skill rolling. For Companion and NPC the skills seem to be being pulled from the main character and not from the companion/NPC Not sure if this is just my game or is systemic of the sheet. mine is rolling off the NPC characteristics but then again, some people been having issuse that i am not... i been posting their bugs as will lmao

Edited 1463466022
Sam
Sheet Author
Acrisius said: GM Knowledge Rhino said: Issues with Force Power with Skill rolling. For Companion and NPC the skills seem to be being pulled from the main character and not from the companion/NPC Not sure if this is just my game or is systemic of the sheet. mine is rolling off the NPC characteristics but then again, some people been having issuse that i am not... i been posting their bugs as will lmao Thanks Acrisius and Rhino. When bugs are brought to attention then they can be investigated and hopefully solved.  I'm not sure why the force powers are being pulled from the main character. Based on the code that should not be the case so I'm going to say its a local issue until I have more reports of it happening. I did however have to expand the companion skill section to a full section like the player. There were about 1000's edits that had to be done on that section alone but thanks to regular expressions the changes were made in a couple of minutes.
Sam
Sheet Author
Version 5.0.1.0 is ready for testing
Sam
Sheet Author
Version 5.0.2.0 is out and ready for testing.
I want to thank all of you  for the hard work you are putting into the character sheet. Looking forward to test it out with my group soon! I have a question: Is it possible from a sheet standpoint to change this page? If the answer is yes i had an idea: If there would be something like a dropbox or radio button selection to choose what you have here (ship, character, npc etc.) could it be possible to show only the sheet for that thing? so all the unnecessary information is not shown in the sheet. This is just an idea and i am curious if that would be possible.Sometimes the sheets is kinda convuluted and maybe that would deal with that problem. What do you think? 
basically so you only get the sheet you want when making a character sheet in roll20 right?... I was thinking the same thing for like bases so when your making something, there is only that sheet and not all the other tabs on it.. but maybe use a check box to show all the ones you want then a drop down list or radio button. I think that would be easier but the coding for it may be a little hard.. this is due to everything, right now, is on one sheet and what (if i am remembering my coding class right) that would be more of a database type.. but again i haven't coded in years and i don't have my books anymore to try to write something like that. lol
Acrisius said: basically so you only get the sheet you want when making a character sheet in roll20 right?... I was thinking the same thing for like bases so when your making something, there is only that sheet and not all the other tabs on it.. but maybe use a check box to show all the ones you want then a drop down list or radio button. I think that would be easier but the coding for it may be a little hard.. this is due to everything, right now, is on one sheet and what (if i am remembering my coding class right) that would be more of a database type.. but again i haven't coded in years and i don't have my books anymore to try to write something like that. lol I think it would not be a problem to have everything on one sheet. If it is possible to set some attributes there, then parts of the sheet can be just invisible at the moment. At least that is my thinking... but i have never looked into the structure and framework of the sheets. I am not sure this can be done... so this is just an idea!
:D i understand :D and im sure with sam and rihno looking things over they may have a way to pull this off :D
Sam
Sheet Author
Frank O. said: Is it possible from a sheet standpoint to change this page? Currently the character sheets are limited to the Character sheet section of the character journal. So I cannot affect anything inside the Bio and Info page. Acrisius said: basically so you only get the sheet you want when making a character sheet in roll20 right?... I was thinking the same thing for like bases so when your making something, there is only that sheet and not all the other tabs on it. As far as breaking up the character sheets go, the Roll20 team is / was, (hopefully still is), looking into allowing multiple types of character sheets per campaign which would allow for a player sheet, a npc sheet, a gm sheet, etc.. without requiring all of them to be loaded each time. Frank O. said: I think it would not be a problem to have everything on one sheet. If it is possible to set some attributes there, then parts of the sheet can be just invisible at the moment. Currently at the top of the character sheet you can select the type of sheet you want to use and it hides everything else. So at the moment the character sheet is doing the best it can to narrow down the scope of what the user is wanting to use within the limits that we are constrained by. While I am the current maintainer of the star wars sheet, I am able to do so because I am standing on the shoulders of the giants who have come before. I hope you do enjoy what is there and if you do have any other ideas please share them. I will certainly read them and consider them. Some of them will be outside the scope of the character sheet, but some of them will be perfectly do able.  Fire away with ideas and I'll be able to tell you what can be done and what can't currently. Thanks!
Thank you for the clarification and i greatly appreciate the work all the responsible persons have invested in this sheet. We are using this sheet now for over a year and it is really cool to see the improvements every week! If we find more bugs or have some ideas how to improve some things we will give you the feedback!
Thanks for picking up the work on the sheet Samuel, and thanks to Rhino for the original enhancements. That said, small bug report: In the Combat Tab -&gt; Weapons -&gt; Qualities Things typed into the box here can cause dice rolls. So using the word test will cause it to run a test dice roll of "6b 8g 12y 6blk 8p 12r 12w", and using any of those words will add dice to the roll instead of emitting the text as part of Quality. Similarly using a new line so you can nicely format the Qualities will cause it to simply break. Related, I'm guessing without digging into the code, using a closing paren ) will ignore itself and everything after it. Images:&nbsp;<a href="http://imgur.com/a/hcpcb" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/hcpcb</a>
Sam
Sheet Author
Thanks Demon for the heads up. I'll look into it tomorrow. Version 5.0.3.0 is now released.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: Thanks Demon for the heads up. I'll look into it tomorrow. Version 5.0.3.0 is now released. "Since the old vehicle section has been officially deprecated for a while I will be removing it in its entirety next release. If you haven't transferred your data by now the attributes that contain them now will still contain them then but you will have to go to the attributes on the attributes page yourself and get the data." I did not keep that in there by choice. They would not allow the sheet to be "official" and accepted without adding that in. Also "for a while" now is relative. It has been a few months, but sometimes people play these games for over a year. They might be taking a break. The only options allowed to me by Phil B. were to copy that section in there, or write in a mechanism to transfer the attributes to the new sheet automatically. Transferring automatically is not totally an option due to the method that was used to "share" attributes between Space/Planetary. So you would have to make a guess as which ones to automatically change it to. So, in summary, before you remove that section make sure to talk to the Roll20 mods if they will even allow it.
DemonMage said: Thanks for picking up the work on the sheet Samuel, and thanks to Rhino for the original enhancements. That said, small bug report: In the Combat Tab -&gt; Weapons -&gt; Qualities Things typed into the box here can cause dice rolls. So using the word test will cause it to run a test dice roll of "6b 8g 12y 6blk 8p 12r 12w", and using any of those words will add dice to the roll instead of emitting the text as part of Quality. Similarly using a new line so you can nicely format the Qualities will cause it to simply break. Related, I'm guessing without digging into the code, using a closing paren ) will ignore itself and everything after it. Images:&nbsp; <a href="http://imgur.com/a/hcpcb" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/hcpcb</a> I have had problem when i put ( ) in areas or i type in test... take out the ( ) may help you out with this. Deleting that enter where it went down a line helps as will.. this is again just a few things i found to work for my system.

Edited 1463669333
Something else you may not know (to help ya out&nbsp; DemonMage ) is that the added dice would go into the Modifiers area and not in the qualities area :)
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Acrisius said: Something else you may not know (to help ya out&nbsp; DemonMage ) is that the added dice would go into the Modifiers area and not in the qualities area :) Also I added the "features" section to list item info that is not "rolled" so you can organize things. So you should not need to put that in the qualities section.
Sam
Sheet Author
GM Knowledge Rhino said: Samuel T. said: Thanks Demon for the heads up. I'll look into it tomorrow. Version 5.0.3.0 is now released. *snip*&nbsp;The only options allowed to me by Phil B. *snip* So, in summary, before you remove that section make sure to talk to the Roll20 mods if they will even allow it. Who is Phil B.? Is he a Roll20 mod or a just a fellow person who had work on the sheet in the past?
Sam
Sheet Author
DemonMage said: Thanks for picking up the work on the sheet Samuel, and thanks to Rhino for the original enhancements. That said, small bug report: In the Combat Tab -&gt; Weapons -&gt; Qualities Things typed into the box here can cause dice rolls. So using the word test will cause it to run a test dice roll of "6b 8g 12y 6blk 8p 12r 12w", and using any of those words will add dice to the roll instead of emitting the text as part of Quality. Similarly using a new line so you can nicely format the Qualities will cause it to simply break. Related, I'm guessing without digging into the code, using a closing paren ) will ignore itself and everything after it. Images:&nbsp; <a href="http://imgur.com/a/hcpcb" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/hcpcb</a> Thanks for the information Demon. I will probably tell the js to not try to parse the weapon qualities section for possible dice rolls because that is what the modifiers section is meant for. I will also try to get user formatting working for that area.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: Who is Phil B.? Is he a Roll20 mod or a just a fellow person who had work on the sheet in the past? Phil is a member of the Dev team.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: GM Knowledge Rhino said: Samuel T. said: Thanks Demon for the heads up. I'll look into it tomorrow. Version 5.0.3.0 is now released. *snip*&nbsp;The only options allowed to me by Phil B. *snip* So, in summary, before you remove that section make sure to talk to the Roll20 mods if they will even allow it. Who is Phil B.? Is he a Roll20 mod or a just a fellow person who had work on the sheet in the past? Phil is the person that decides if your sheet gets approved or not.

Edited 1463769549
Sam
Sheet Author
Thank you for the link&nbsp; Ziechael . Thankfully I was able to do a little sleuthing of my own and find him earlier so I am already able to report that Phil has agreed with my request. The old vehicle section will be deleted soon. Also I just wanted to note that version 5.0.4.0 of the character sheet is out and ready for testing.

Edited 1463772768
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A note on the NPC Sheet. NPCs do not have Careers or Specializations. Those are "fluff" for them. You can leave the text box for people that choose to use that sort of thing (incorrectly) but the drop-down for multiple specializations is a waste of code and can confuse new GMs of the game into building NPCs wrong. Another note; I didn't really see what "Brought the initiative section's look and feel up to the level of the other sections." meant until this version. The reason it was hidden and not the "look and feel of the other sections" was initiative is used at the beginning of a fight, and then never again. If you have a fight that lasts hours (like a story ending BBEG fight) then having that there the whole time is a waste. The method and display was tested to be a way that people could understand and move out of the way immediately without effort. Taking away the ability to move it out of the way...is the incorrect way to handle that.

Edited 1463775973
Sam
Sheet Author
Did you miss the part where you can click on the names of sections to collapse them?&nbsp;
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: Did you miss the part where you can click on the names of sections to collapse them?&nbsp; I guess the "collapsing slightly" is better than nothing, but going fully out of the way like a checkbox, is still less awkward.

Edited 1463796790
Sam
Sheet Author
I'll agree to disagree. I think the benefit of being able to find it and select it easier outweighs the pain of having the header stick around. That being said I will look into shrinking the over all size of it's box when it's expanded.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: I'll agree to disagree. I think the benefit of being able to find it and select it easier outweighs the pain of having the header stick around. That being said I will look into shrinking the over all size of it's box when it's expanded. Rather than shrinking the expanded display why not make the "checkbox" method bigger and thus make it perfect without ruining it both ways? I spent a lot of time testing various methods and the method I did was the least "in your face" at all times. If the fix you are trying to do, of making the checkbox easier to see, that is great, but making it massively bigger is not a "fix" it is breaking it so it is worse off than what you were attempting to fix. Now the people that liked the more hidden method get punished. Just deciding the previous method was dumb because they (and it is not just me) liked something different... seems rude. If you "must" keep the ugly large version, at least give the option for the less hideous method I had for those of us that hate it.
right now i am running 5.0.0.1 and I like it.. i may not do the next change to the newer version cause everything i need works with no bugs. I like the size of everything.. i do wish you can add or take area the text boxs for attachments on weapons and gear but i'm ok with what i have now :D... something to think about sam, cause remember you not just doing this for yourself now... is to get input if people want the check boxs or not :) just some input from me :D
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Acrisius said: right now i am running 5.0.0.1 and I like it.. i may not do the next change to the newer version cause everything i need works with no bugs. I like the size of everything.. i do wish you can add or take area the text boxs for attachments on weapons and gear but i'm ok with what i have now :D... something to think about sam, cause remember you not just doing this for yourself now... is to get input if people want the check boxs or not :) just some input from me :D There are some useful features in every version, including changes I wanted to make but did not have the coding ability to do. At the same time each version does have a code issue or two and the initiative thing I brought up from 5.0.3.X. It is worthwhile to check every new feature, though do so in a test game, not all of the code is polished enough yet to be a "main game" kind of feel yet. Also I worry about the file size of the sheet. Right now it is over double the size of when I last updated it, which will cause problems in long running games. If people have issues now (as I have seen in a few posts in other parts of the forum) with too many characters causing lag... it will be much worse with this new version if it is not optimized before release.
Sam
Sheet Author
In an effort to try and bring this community together I am going to eat crow and publically apologize to GM Rhino for my words and actions that have hurt his feelings. It was never my intention to hurt him and I do see that I have. So Rhino, I am sorry. I did not set out to hijack or steal this sheet,&nbsp;I took over the maintaining of this sheet when he left so that the community would not suffer because of my ineptitude when it comes to expressing my feelings in text. The problem with text is that the author cannot convey the emotions he is intending and reader attributes the emotions he or she supposes the author is feeling or the emotions that the reader is feeling. I do want this sheet the best it can be. I realize that I do need help in doing so.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
So I have been thinking about how to cut down on the sheet bulk, and I think I have an idea, though I don't know if you are able to do it. The two biggest areas of code are Skills and Critical Injuries/Hits. While I have zero idea how to fix the Critical part, I may have an idea how to fix the skills. Within the Skills there are a few parts that are repeated; Dice Display. Same for All skills Characteristic versus Skill Rank display in Yellow/Green Dice Modifiers From Talents From Force Powers From Gear This seems like a perfect spot for Sheet Workers. Dice Symbol Spending suggestions. Different info for each skill, but same info is useful to be on all "skill display areas". Not 100% useful for Weapon Skills or Knowledge Skills. These could be updated to have useful information. Not needed for Custom Skills. This could be done by coding into the sheet Roll itself a way to display suggested Dice Spending (like in the bottom of the Roll Template or a text to the person that rolled? Roll Button Same for every Skill, custom or standard. Not sure 100% how to fix but if it is more generic it should be able to roll in a method that is more efficient. Basically,&nbsp;rather than rewriting all that code for every new "sheet" or tab within the Character sheet,&nbsp;being that&nbsp;a lot of the&nbsp;code&nbsp;repeats, maybe&nbsp;you can push that&nbsp;to the script rather than handled on the Character Sheet section&nbsp;itself (or maybe with Sheet Workers?) it should be more efficient and a ton less code.

Edited 1464045524
Sam
Sheet Author
Those are some great ideas Rhino. I'm also wondering if we can mimic a multiple different character sheet thing where all the base html code is stored in the api and then when a new journal is created the person chooses the type of journal wanted and the api only inserts that html. It would expand the size of the script or sheet worker file but I wonder if that would be an acceptable trade off if it's even possible to achieve.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sheet workers do not have a separate file, but are part of the sheet itself, executing a small subset of API code. I do like the way you are thinking though. I think your idea could work.

Edited 1464105959
Sam
Sheet Author
I was thinking last night about some ways to cut down on size and I came up with a few but they're decently drastic so I want to see what you guys think first. Move the Dice section above the sheet type selectors (Character, Vehicle, Companion, NPC, etc) so that its only done once instead of being&nbsp;duplicated&nbsp;as it&nbsp;is now on all the sheets. Remove the explanation of skills from NPC and Companion skills (we don't really need them here right?) Remove NPC tab info and Inventory tabs. Add NPC type to the NPC quick info of the combat tab and add a text box section for gear there as well. This sheet is intended as a stripped down quick character sheet. If the NPC is going to be full fledged it would make more sense to me to use the full character sheet. Remove all NPC skills except for Combat Skills, Cool / Vigilance, and 5 custom skills. This 5 custom skills would be selectable in the weapons and force dropdown so that you can specify any skill you want. Plus I have not seen an NPC with more than The combat skills, the initiative skills and 5 possible other skills before. If he needs more he would probably be a good&nbsp;candidate&nbsp;for using the full character sheet. Giving the companion the same treatment as the NPC. Strip it down to a skeleton with the idea of if you need more then to use a full character sheet. Thoughts? These changes could probably cut back on a significant amount of code. While probably making their sheets easier to manage.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: I was thinking last night about some ways to cut down on size and I came up with a few but they're decently drastic so I want to see what you guys think first. Move the Dice section above the sheet type selectors (Character, Vehicle, Companion, NPC, etc) so that its only done once instead of being&nbsp;duplicated&nbsp;as it&nbsp;is now on all the sheets. This is a useful idea, be careful with the labelling as it may conflict with the GM sheet though. Samuel T. said: Remove the explanation of skills from NPC and Companion skills (we don't really need them here right?) I never really put them there, but depending on how the Player is using a certain sheet, it may be beneficial to have that there. This is why I recommended attempting to move this functionality to the Roll itself and have it reply back to the person that Rolled (and maybe the GM) suggestions for results. Samuel T. said: Remove NPC tab info and Inventory tabs. Add NPC type to the NPC quick info of the combat tab and add a text box section for gear there as well. This sheet is intended as a stripped down quick character sheet. If the NPC is going to be full fledged it would make more sense to me to use the full character sheet. I am not sure that is best NPCs (especially BBEGs) need a robust set of info to put about them. Samuel T. said: Remove all NPC skills except for Combat Skills, Cool / Vigilance, and 5 custom skills. This 5 custom skills would be selectable in the weapons and force dropdown so that you can specify any skill you want. Plus I have not seen an NPC with more than The combat skills, the initiative skills and 5 possible other skills before. If he needs more he would probably be a good&nbsp;candidate&nbsp;for using the full character sheet. See above about BBEG, unfortunately you are only thinking of minions/rivals. Good example is an Inquisitor. Samuel T. said: Giving the companion the same treatment as the NPC. Strip it down to a skeleton with the idea of if you need more then to use a full character sheet. That is actually what I did =P but you reversed that. A lot of the problem is you and I both have copied the coding that was done before, and it was.. clunky. The Critical Injury/Hit sets&nbsp;are ugliest of all. But the Skills... those sections have over 20 lines per skill (not even including suggestions for spending dice). When you copy that multiple times it adds up fast. Outside of Roll20, "good code" sees repeated actions and consolidates so it can be written once but executed multiple places. Sheet Workers might be able to accomplish the Yellow/Green dice thing. I never got the hang of Sheet Workers which is why I did not add them, but I am sure they will be the key that fixes the skills mess.

Edited 1464139966
Sam
Sheet Author
Samuel T. said: Remove NPC tab info and Inventory tabs. Add NPC type to the NPC quick info of the combat tab and add a text box section for gear there as well. This sheet is intended as a stripped down quick character sheet. If the NPC is going to be full fledged it would make more sense to me to use the full character sheet. I am not sure that is best NPCs (especially BBEGs) need a robust set of info to put about them. See above about BBEG, unfortunately you are only thinking of minions/rivals. Good example is an Inquisitor That's kind of the idea I had in mind actually. Before the NPC sheet was a thing people had to use the normal character sheet for everything even when it was a really simple minion, rival or nemesis. So now there is an npc sheet which is there to streamline down all of that for very simple characters but I never felt like it went far enough on making things simple for very quick NPC generation. Using it today for my campaign I like it but I still feel like it needs to go farther in compacting the data. BBEG, complex nemesis, or Inquisitors should probably still use the full character sheet because of the information that is needed to be recorded allowing the NPC sheet or better yet the Quick NPC sheet to streamline down to only what is needed for very simple 1-dimensional npc characters. I think now would be the best time to change it because the new sheet hasn't probably been adopted too far yet. And while it will change some things for those who are using it the cost to change would be lower now than if it were to wait. Plus it helps to accomplish one area of cutting down on sheet size.
Samuel T. said: Samuel T. said: &lt;snip&gt; &lt;snip&gt; BBEG, complex nemesis, or Inquisitors should probably still use the full character sheet because of the information that is needed to be recorded allowing the NPC sheet or better yet the Quick NPC sheet to streamline down to only what is needed for very simple 1-dimensional npc characters. What about an "edit" view and a "play" view for the NPCs? As I've mentioned before, I am a big fan of the 5E SRD NPC display: This is a straight-up 5E stat block. The stuff in the official books is pretty much identical. And in Roll20, the name is a "hyperlink" that rolls for initiative. The attribute titles can be clicked to make attribute tests and the Actions can be clicked to roll the appropriate attacks.&nbsp; Comparing, now to a Nemesis stat block from F&D (Chiss Mercenary, p. 418; property of FFG - no claims to it, just using it for educational/informational purposes): What I think would be awesome would be if you could somehow parse all of the data on a fuller sheet and create a view of the sheet that condenses it down to this. The only things you need to add are: a condensed dice pool interface at the top, and "Current" fields for Wounds and Strain. Click the name, roll for initiative. Click a Skill, roll the skill. Click an attribute, roll an attribute or test for a skill with no ranks. Click the Blaster Rifle item and roll an attack. The corresponding "edit" screen can be large, multi-screened and multi-tabbed. No problems with that. But when I am in "play" mode, everything I need is condensed and quickly accessible. I realize this is probably asking a lot, and I'm just speaking for myself obviously, but thought I'd point to it as my ideal.