Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SW FFG] Official Character Sheet Thread

Sam
Sheet Author
I would absolutely love to be able to do something like that, however that sheet was made by people are both much better at web development than me and probably the same who wrote the sheet-workers js to begin with. In the future I would love it to be able to look like something like that but I have no idea how it would get there at the moment.

Edited 1464142694
GM Matt said: (cut out to save room, sorry matt) Comparing, now to a Nemesis stat block from F&D (Chiss Mercenary, p. 418; property of FFG - no claims to it, just using it for educational/informational purposes): What I think would be awesome would be if you could somehow parse all of the data on a fuller sheet and create a view of the sheet that condenses it down to this. The only things you need to add are: a condensed dice pool interface at the top, and "Current" fields for Wounds and Strain. Click the name, roll for initiative. Click a Skill, roll the skill. Click an attribute, roll an attribute or test for a skill with no ranks. Click the Blaster Rifle item and roll an attack. The corresponding "edit" screen can be large, multi-screened and multi-tabbed. No problems with that. But when I am in "play" mode, everything I need is condensed and quickly accessible. I realize this is probably asking a lot, and I'm just speaking for myself obviously, but thought I'd point to it as my ideal. I like this idea but would like it if we can roll for the skills and things.. i mean it just lazy for me to go to the GM dice pool and enter the dice that way, but i like the hyper link for the skills. Questions is, will it save room (ie less lines of code)?

Edited 1464142908
Sam
Sheet Author
If I even can get something like this to work, which at the moment is way beyond my ability to do. I would probably have it setup as clicking on the name of a skill or weapon rolls it where as clicking on it with a edit flag already clicked would allow you to edit it instead. Right now I have no  idea how they do that voodoo magic they currently do on that character sheet. That being said I am way, way open to idea of learning if some one knows where the starting line is.
Yeah. To clarify: (1) I still love what we have right now, so no worries if its not do-able (2) Acrisius - I do think there needs to be a dice pool available on the sheet - just a more condensed version of what exists right now.

Edited 1464143045
Sam
Sheet Author
Matt since you seem to be one of the ones currently using the NPC sheet, what do you think of my idea of shrinking it down as outlined previously? To where the NPC sheet is geared towards simple minion, rival or nemesis npcs and the more full fledged people use the full character sheet?
i would love though, for the devs on roll20 (hint hint, hope your reading) if they give us FFG star wars or infact all games more of a option then just char sheet, hand out and folder.. like maybe a base or something so the GMs have less code in the char sheets and have sheets (with someone writing the code) for it.. never mind.. my mind is starting to close down for the night lol.. if you can make out what i type cool lmao
Move the Dice section above the sheet type selectors (Character, Vehicle, Companion, NPC, etc) so that its only done once instead of being duplicated as it is now on all the sheets. Makes sense Remove the explanation of skills from NPC and Companion skills (we don't really need them here right?) I assume you are talking about all of the tool-tip information you get with a mouse hover? Yeah, I think that's a good place to get rid of some code. I don't use it. Remove NPC tab info and Inventory tabs. Add NPC type to the NPC quick info of the combat tab and add a text box section for gear there as well. This sheet is intended as a stripped down quick character sheet. If the NPC is going to be full fledged it would make more sense to me to use the full character sheet. I agree with getting rid of the NPC Info and Inventory tabs. You may want to add the name as well to the quick info tab.  (I am wondering about the "Crit" Tab - thus just de-tabbing the entire sheet. Minions, of course, don't need crit tabs. But Rivals and Nems take crits. Probably best to leave it). Remove all NPC skills except for Combat Skills, Cool / Vigilance, and 5 custom skills. This 5 custom skills would be selectable in the weapons and force dropdown so that you can specify any skill you want. Plus I have not seen an NPC with more than The combat skills, the initiative skills and 5 possible other skills before. If he needs more he would probably be a good candidate for using the full character sheet. I really like this idea.  I think you could also trim the Weapons area down to Damage, Crit, Name, Range, Skill, and Qualities. Also, of course, leaving the button for the attack roll. I would also be happy with single, simple text boxes labeled "Talents," "Abilities," "Equipment," and "Force Powers" in lieu of separate sections (with maybe a way to designate committed dice and a single button for a force power roll, when needed). Generally speaking, the more condensed and easily accessible the space, the easier it is to use it in-game, and the happier I am as a user of an NPC sheet. Giving the companion the same treatment as the NPC. Strip it down to a skeleton with the idea of if you need more then to use a full character sheet. I don't use the companion sheet, so this isn't really a big deal to me, one way or the other. 
(By the way, the minion count field with auto-calculation of minion roll upgrades is really helpful.)
Sam
Sheet Author
GM Matt said: (By the way, the minion count field with auto-calculation of minion roll upgrades is really helpful.) Yay! I'm glad you like it.
Sam
Sheet Author
Version 5.0.5.0 released. As noted the old vehicle section is now officially removed. Sorry if it took anyone by surprise. Your data is still there in the attributes, you'll just have to move it yourself to the current vehicle sections.

Edited 1464224112
Sam
Sheet Author
Dice Symbol Spending suggestions. Different info for each skill, but same info is useful to be on all "skill display areas". Not 100% useful for Weapon Skills or Knowledge Skills. These could be updated to have useful information. Not needed for Custom Skills. This could be done by coding into the sheet Roll itself a way to display suggested Dice Spending (like in the bottom of the Roll Template or a text to the person that rolled? It would take a bit of doing but this can absolutely be off loaded to the script. A few JSON objects / arrays with the data and pulling from it based on the result. Shouldn't be too hard to do and it would certainly off load a good chunk of code from the sheet's html by allowing us to remove all spending suggestions from all skills. Plus with the custom skills if the name matches an actual skill name we could even pull suggestions for that skill.
Sam there something worng with the D/L site.. its not showing everything

Edited 1464228384
Sam
Sheet Author
Okay phew. I am certainly learning a lot more about github as I go. Click  here . This is a list of releases which is how I will be doing things now. You will want to click download source code for the latest one and then copy the code from the files into where they go on roll20.

Edited 1464242902
Sam
Sheet Author
Version 5.0.6.2 released and ready for testing.
ok i just d/l what it think is the newest version.. one thing i saw what, it doesnt say what version it is anymore.. is this a type oh or did you take it out?

Edited 1464392604
something else to lower the code... just drop the species drop down list... just have someone enter it in a text box... cause half of the species are not in the race and if new ones come out, it would just be more code for you to enter (this is for NPC and main char info)
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Acrisius said: something else to lower the code... just drop the species drop down list... just have someone enter it in a text box... cause half of the species are not in the race and if new ones come out, it would just be more code for you to enter (this is for NPC and main char info) This was added because a dropdown is easier for people than "filling it in". I have had a lot of Players in my games not able to get the spelling of the weirder species right and they get frustrated seeing the wrong spelling filled in. So I added this feature to show these are the published species, and adding 3-4 more every 3-5 months is not a big deal. Code wise it isn't as much savings as you think it is. This goes back to what I was saying to Samuel. It doesn't have to be "removing features" to trim code, it just should be more efficient methods to work the current features. Removing features ignores other people. "Well I don't use it", is rude to the people that do. I am already confused about removing the initiative from the Riding Beast. Removing a time savings for the Players (and the GMs) is not making more benefit.

Edited 1464400806
Sam
Sheet Author
Removing features ignores other people. "Well I don't use it", is rude to the people that do. How is having initiative for the riding beast a time saver? Please do give me examples. Do you actually have players that roll initiative for riding beasts? If so why? How does this save time having extra slots in the turn order to deal with? Have you actually seen or heard of anyone rolling initiative for riding beasts? Or are you just guessing that some people use it and making the that the basis saying I'm rude for removing it because "Well I don't use it"? As far as  This goes back to what I was saying to Samuel. It doesn't have to be "removing features" to trim code, it just should be more efficient methods to work the current features.  This was not talked about, maybe it is how you intended it to be, but it was not said. What was said was Furthermore sometimes in optimizing the answer is to build a more efficient method. Other times the correct answer is to remove it because it's either redundant or not really needed. I am not sure that is best NPCs (especially BBEGs) need a robust set of info to put about them. I responded by saying that I agreed that robust NPCs would probably need more information. Before there was the NPC section there was the original character sheet. The NPC section was created from its inception to be a quick way to create simple NPCs. Like the ones you find in the stat blocks. The original iteration was still missing the simpleness it was created to do so it wasn't finished. I did seek the community view on the shrinkage prior to doing so. Yes you had the points you brought up but others who are using it and requested the sheet in the first place agreed with the idea of shrinking it. Also I worry about the file size of the sheet. Right now it is over double the size of when I last updated it , which will cause problems in long running games. If people have issues now (as I have seen in a few posts in other parts of the forum) with too many characters causing lag... it will be much worse with this new version if it is not optimized before release. (emphasis added) Samuel T. said: Giving the companion the same treatment as the NPC. Strip it down to a skeleton with the idea of if you need more then to use a full character sheet. That is actually what I did =P but you reversed that. Right here the size of the sheet is called into question and the fact that the companion sheet was smaller before but I reversed it and made it larger. The only thing I had changed on the companion sheet was to expand the skills to a full section because as it stood the force skills would not function properly because they can't pull from repeating fields because they don't know what they are. Additionally the extra skills for attacks wouldn't have worked either for the same reason. I did agree that the size of the companion section was larger than it was before so I started thinking of a better way to do it. So far that better what is as its now. The bare minimum of skills are now in the NPC and Companion skill lists in order to make things work. They contain cool and vigilance, the combat skills and 5 custom skills that are usable in either the weapon skills or force skills and allow for the user to customize it to their desire to allow for non-normal skills to be used in those locations. I have also allowed for the companion sheet to have a repeating custom skill section to allow people to add any other skills they want. This custom skill section does not work for the NPC section however because of the minion group size calculations. Furthermore the companion and NPC sections still give more ability to add in details than their paper character sheet partners. I do appreciate your insight into why things have been done in the past. But that is the past, times do change. The fact that I have the sheet down to 11,943 lines from where it was is  something that I will be happy about. Just because something was done a certain way doesn't mean it should always be done that specific way.

Edited 1464409228
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: How is having initiative for the riding beast a time saver? Please do give me examples. Do you actually have players that roll initiative for riding beasts? If so why? How does this save time having extra slots in the turn order to deal with? Have you actually seen or heard of anyone rolling initiative for riding beasts? Or are you just guessing that some people use it and making the that the basis saying I'm rude for removing it because "Well I don't use it"? Example time.... Player gets off their Riding Beast to chase after an enemy that goes down an alley the Beast can't fit. The Beast, that is a living creature decides to amuse itself while it is not helping with that enemy and look for something to eat in a nearby garbage bin. In your scenario of the Player and Beast occupying 1 Initiative slot, you miss out on this opportunity. With the Beast having its own Initiative slot, now it can play around and wait for its owner/master/friend to come back with some fun of its own. While some people would not appreciate levity in a fight scene, some (like my group) do appreciate it. Heck half of R2-D2 and BB-8 existing is comic relief. Sometimes it isn't only about the lines of code that is involved, it is the opportunities it affords the Players and the GMs. Also a bit of a note. I never said you were rude for removing that feature. Though re-reading it I can see how you would think I did. I stated it would be rude to remove the species list because Acrisius stated he wanted it removed because he didn't use it. I stated I disliked the removal of the initiative for Riding Beasts and it annoyed me, but not that it was rude. =) Anyway if you want to feel offended you are allowed to I guess? Not sure how it helps anything though.
Sam
Sheet Author
I did react strongly to the rude part, it did feel like you were directing that at me. That was wrong of me. With This goes back to what I was saying to Samuel. It doesn't have to be "removing features" to trim code, it just should be more efficient methods to work the current features. Removing features ignores other people. It felt like to me that were you saying that you had said things you had not, if you intended to say they were not clear at all. I felt like this as an attempt to make me look bad. Which is how I felt when you talked about the size of the character sheet being double the size of when you had after I took it over from you. While true, I have tried to make efforts to make the sheet smaller. That is why I reacted the way I did. Again I did over react, and I do apologize. I do hope I have explained why I had over-reacted though. 
GM Knowledge Rhino said: Samuel T. said: How is having initiative for the riding beast a time saver? Please do give me examples. Do you actually have players that roll initiative for riding beasts? If so why? How does this save time having extra slots in the turn order to deal with? Have you actually seen or heard of anyone rolling initiative for riding beasts? Or are you just guessing that some people use it and making the that the basis saying I'm rude for removing it because "Well I don't use it"? Example time.... Player gets off their Riding Beast to chase after an enemy that goes down an alley the Beast can't fit. The Beast, that is a living creature decides to amuse itself while it is not helping with that enemy and look for something to eat in a nearby garbage bin. In your scenario of the Player and Beast occupying 1 Initiative slot, you miss out on this opportunity. With the Beast having its own Initiative slot, now it can play around and wait for its owner/master/friend to come back with some fun of its own. While some people would not appreciate levity in a fight scene, some (like my group) do appreciate it. Heck half of R2-D2 and BB-8 existing is comic relief. Sometimes it isn't only about the lines of code that is involved, it is the opportunities it affords the Players and the GMs. Also a bit of a note. I never said you were rude for removing that feature. Though re-reading it I can see how you would think I did. I stated it would be rude to remove the species list because Acrisius stated he wanted it removed because he didn't use it. I stated I disliked the removal of the initiative for Riding Beasts and it annoyed me, but not that it was rude. =) Anyway if you want to feel offended you are allowed to I guess? Not sure how it helps anything though. As a GM, i just think (and this is me) if people are so lazy they cant even type what species they are.. then most likely they not really caring much about the game.. again this is me where all my players have type in cause their race is not on the drop down list and they like it better typing it :D (not starting anything here, just stating why i think it should be remove) As far as your info on the beast, they shouldn't get their own slot cause (again from what i read and if i'm wrong, please post or PM me the book and page number so i can fix it in my game :D ) cause the player use one maneuver to command the beast to attack or move.. so it falls under the char slot... if the PC jumps off and runs after a NPC... the beast is a NPC (and has been from the start) so the GM can just say oh btw (if they want to even say it lol) even pets get the same set up but the beast ... the PC has no control or anything about it.. so if the beast doesn't want to attack then it doesn't.. (again just my input from what i played, read, and talk to other GMs about :D ) over all, its really up to the GM on how they want to run their game and if the other GMs who use this, doesn't say anything then the writer has to think everything is ok :) so other GMs.. give input.. your paying roll20 to use this API... then get your money out of it.  :) again this is my input only and this was not posted to start yelling, fighting or trolling.
Sam
Sheet Author
I have decided to revert the changes to the companion sheet.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Acrisius said: As a GM, i just think (and this is me) if people are so lazy they cant even type what species they are.. then most likely they not really caring much about the game.. again this is me where all my players have type in cause their race is not on the drop down list and they like it better typing it :D (not starting anything here, just stating why i think it should be remove) Is it lazy if a Player has a learning disability or Dyslexia that makes it hard to spell properly? Should those people not be allowed to Play this game? To paraphrase Star Wars "I find your lack of compassion disturbing". Acrisius said: As far as your info on the beast, they shouldn't get their own slot cause (again from what i read and if i'm wrong, please post or PM me the book and page number so i can fix it in my game :D ) cause the player use one maneuver to command the beast to attack or move.. so it falls under the char slot... if the PC jumps off and runs after a NPC... the beast is a NPC (and has been from the start) so the GM can just say oh btw (if they want to even say it lol) even pets get the same set up but the beast ... the PC has no control or anything about it.. so if the beast doesn't want to attack then it doesn't.. (again just my input from what i played, read, and talk to other GMs about :D ) over all, its really up to the GM on how they want to run their game and if the other GMs who use this, doesn't say anything then the writer has to think everything is ok :) so other GMs.. give input.. your paying roll20 to use this API... then get your money out of it.  :) again this is my input only and this was not posted to start yelling, fighting or trolling. You want the rulebook page, here it is; Page 81/82 of Stay on Target. It states (and I quote) " Like vehicles riding mounts do not have their own initiative slot, unless during the course of action they are rendered riderless, in which case they revert back to their personal profile and function an an NPC. So, per RAW, without a rider, a Riding Beast requires an initiative slot. Ignoring this, is a house rule, and inappropriate to code into the sheet. To your comment that when a Player jumps off the GM can just do whatever they want to the beast? that would be the option of the GM, but not really a required form of action. Either way though, the Riding Beast still gets its own initiative slot when not being ridden, regardless of who controls it. I am sure that this matter is ended now. =)
GM Knowledge Rhino said: Acrisius said: As a GM, i just think (and this is me) if people are so lazy they cant even type what species they are.. then most likely they not really caring much about the game.. again this is me where all my players have type in cause their race is not on the drop down list and they like it better typing it :D (not starting anything here, just stating why i think it should be remove) Is it lazy if a Player has a learning disability or Dyslexia that makes it hard to spell properly? Should those people not be allowed to Play this game? To paraphrase Star Wars "I find your lack of compassion disturbing". as you see with my post, i have a bad spelling and grammar problem. i use Oggy Dude's Star Wars Character Generator (which is free and updated) when making my chars. When I GM, I point them to this program as will. If a race is not in this program, its not a playable race in my games. But even if someone who wasn't using this program, they would have to use the books which has the spelling in it. Its not that hard to copy what you see into a text box. With today tech, people who have disability or any problems (unless they can't use tech) can get around easy. I am not bashing on anyone, but people who have disabilities do know how to get around it and even if they don't use the program or have the books, then its up to the GM to make sure they have all the information they need to make their character. In fact, i play in a game where the person is new and the GM has to show him (every game) how to roll the dice and use the char sheet cause he is disability and we all help him by showing him what he can and can't due, how to make his char, how to roll the dice, how to make items and armor, how to move his token ect. So next time, please think about what your typeing before typing it.. it would be better for you in the long run.
Sam
Sheet Author
Thanks for the rules clarification. I'll add back the beast initiative 
Sam
Sheet Author
Alright peeps! Got any wishlists for the star wars character sheet? 
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel, thank you for adding it back. Acrisius, that is a touching story, that neither changes what I stated or makes my statement rude or incorrect. A Drop-down list is easier for ALL people, which is why it was added. Why stop at removing that? why not the Careers, those are written out in OggDude's (Which is not an official source material and the current version does not include for Special Modifications which has been out for more than 2 months), so why not remove that as well? You have stated your opinion, I stated mine, now before you get any more mad over nothing, maybe see if anyone else the community has an opinion either way.
Sam
Sheet Author
Truly the best solution here are datalists. They function like drop downs that you can fill in. They combine the flexibility of a text input with the accuracy of a drop down. It's a real shame that roll20 doesn't have support for them currently. 
Sam
Sheet Author
As a note for optimization Rhino I found that for the initiative section skills I found that I can just reference the y and g sections of the respective skills instead of having to calculate them again. Yay. 
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: As a note for optimization Rhino I found that for the initiative section skills I found that I can just reference the y and g sections of the respective skills instead of having to calculate them again. Yay.  Awesome I like that idea. Samuel T. said: Truly the best solution here are datalists. They function like drop downs that you can fill in. They combine the flexibility of a text input with the accuracy of a drop down. It's a real shame that roll20 doesn't have support for them currently.  I like this idea as well.

Edited 1464580435
Sam
Sheet Author
Version 6.0.0 is now released and ready for testing. There should be something for everyone here. (*Update: Updated the version number to 6.0.0 under the new versioning rules because of the destructive update to the NPC section)

Edited 1465054233
GM Matt
Sheet Author
Somehow I missed the announcement that version 6.0 was up last week or I would have put up feedback earlier. I really like the updated NPC sheet! My main issue now is that the expanded/collapsed state of each section is not "saved" when I close and re-open the sheet, requiring me to re-expand all of the sections I want to use for a particular NPC every time the sheet is re-opened. I'm not an HTML/jscript ninja like Sam and some of the others posting here, but I suspect this is a limitation imposed by the Roll20 tools. However, if there is a way to save the state of each section that would be nice. Barring that, I think my preference would be either (1) default all collapsable section states to open or (2) avoid the expand/collapse options altogether and just lay out all the NPC data from top to bottom. Thanks again, Sam, for all the work you are putting into this. I hope this is helpful.
Sam
Sheet Author
I think it's a fair request to have them auto expanded. I'll be sure to do that. Unfortunately I do not believe there is a way to save the state of the expanded / collapsed sections. I may have gone a little overboard with making sections collapsible.
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You could have the collapse key off an attribute of 0 or 1. Then it would save.
As I said, if necessary, I would also be fine if things just didn't collapse at all. Some stuff will almost always be there - info, skills, weapon - anyway. One other bug report: When I gave it a spin yesterday, the roll button for an NPC force power that is also assigned to a custom skill did not trigger the usual output from the dice roller. It works fine when unassigned and (I think, but can't remember for sure) when one of the "named" skills is used.
Sam
Sheet Author
Thanks Matt, I'll look into it.
Sam
Sheet Author
Fixed the NPC force powers. Not sure how those got through they way they were. The fix isn't officially released yet but its on the github if you want to use it.

Edited 1465597358
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Items to add (because of the new Seeker book, Savage Spirits) Species Anx Quermian Specializations Seeker Executioner Hermit Navigator Riding Beasts need Survival Skill added to their list I think that is all the new book adds that would impact the character sheet.
Sam
Sheet Author
Thanks, I'll get them added
Hey guys, sorry I am pretty new to api, so I imagine I probably missed out on how to do it. But I tried working on it now for 3 hours and I can not find the solution. I applied the dice roller and on the character sheet I can use the dice pool to manually put all the dices in and roll them and get a result (though I do get the organge box on top). If I try to do it with the skill button though (using acrobatics for example) and having my pool empty, my result is nothing. With no visual dices included as well.  So what am I missing to get the orange little box away, and that I can use to roll over my skills, rather then manually put everything in the dice pool?
You have to press the Enter Button after you enter the number for the dice in the dice pool. I have to do this still and i think Sam is fixing it (at some point)
Sam
Sheet Author
Acrisius said: You have to press the Enter Button after you enter the number for the dice in the dice pool. I have to do this still and i think Sam is fixing it (at some point) So unfortunately having to press enter or click away is actually a function / feature of HTML and the character sheets. The attribute associated with the input box that is changed when you change the number is not updated until you unfocus or "submit" the value.

Edited 1465710620
Sam
Sheet Author
GM Knowledge Rhino said: Riding Beasts need Survival Skill added to their list The riding beast has a repeating section for extra skills, why would this not work there? Can survival be used as an attack skill?
Sam
Sheet Author
I have added the new species, specializations and fixes for the collapsing sections. I'll probably do a release soon. In the meantime you can grab them from the github.
Acrisius said: You have to press the Enter Button after you enter the number for the dice in the dice pool. I have to do this still and i think Sam is fixing it (at some point) I am aware of that. But lets say I got 3 green from my ability. Now I, as the gm, add a blue and 2 black. Now the player is suppose to add a blue and 2 black in the dice pool and then click on his ability. That should, at least the way it looks to me, add the 3 green to the roll. So far it only rolls the blue and 2 black though. How can I link the 3 greens from my ability into the dice pool without having to add the manually?

Edited 1465747993
[Deleted]
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Samuel T. said: GM Knowledge Rhino said: Riding Beasts need Survival Skill added to their list The riding beast has a repeating section for extra skills, why would this not work there? Can survival be used as an attack skill? Because then it looks like it is a "custom" skill added rather than a (currently) RAW usage of the creature. The whole point of the API-Compatible Sheet (at least as I understood) was to pre-build in the rule allowed stuff and let people add custom stuff later. While it is likely inappropriate to add all the gear/talents (though I have a Script I made for my group for that), the base rules should be built in. The tiny amount of effort to add 1 skill that is now a part of the Riding Beast's core is not really a big deal to add and does not affect the overall speed of the sheet. Adding it, is showing "As new books and rules come out... the Sheet will support them". Not adding the rules says "Handle the new books on your own, they don't really matter to me at the moment". It is around 20 lines of code per skill if I remember correctly. Now if you do what you suggested a page or so back and create "datasets" for the repeated drop downs for Career/Specializations/Species/etc you will save hundreds of lines of code and this 20, will be meaningless, yet it will provide the Players the correct amount of control over the rules as written in the supplement books.As to "can Survival be used as an attack skill", sort of? It is so the Character can use the Beast to "Push" with the Beast. Basically there are 2 ways to handle the new rules. 1, Add Survival into the Beast's skillset. You may also need to Add Athletics as I missed the action that allows for the Player to goad the Beast into Jumping. 2, Add Athletics and Survival to Beast Abilities. Like Force Powers that have an associated Skill, the Ability can have a text box to explain what it does, and a drop down of Athletics and Survival to be able to do these two maneuvers. I personally would recommend Option 1.
Hey, I may not sound too smart but I'm having problems with the sheet. I'm a pro subscriber so I have API compatible sheets for FFG EOTE. I can't seem to get the destiny point thing working and I keep getting this message and don't know what to do about it. 4:32PMDice System: No Destiny Points Defined. The GM has been whispered with instructions to reset the Destiny Pool. 4:32PM(From GM): The Destiny Pool system needs to be (or has been) reset. To fix this functionality, go to the -DicePool Character Sheet and add 1 dark side and 1 light side destiny point, then click the Force Player Update button. This should clear up the issue. I can't seem to add destiny points. I also read in the character sheet wiki that there is a GM section to the character sheet and I don't see this, what am I doing wrong? Help please
Merodax C. said: Hey, I may not sound too smart but I'm having problems with the sheet. I'm a pro subscriber so I have API compatible sheets for FFG EOTE. I can't seem to get the destiny point thing working and I keep getting this message and don't know what to do about it. 4:32PMDice System: No Destiny Points Defined. The GM has been whispered with instructions to reset the Destiny Pool. 4:32PM(From GM): The Destiny Pool system needs to be (or has been) reset. To fix this functionality, go to the -DicePool Character Sheet and add 1 dark side and 1 light side destiny point, then click the Force Player Update button. This should clear up the issue. I can't seem to add destiny points. I also read in the character sheet wiki that there is a GM section to the character sheet and I don't see this, what am I doing wrong? Help please all its saying is on the dice pool area.. you can enter 1 on both light and dark side.. then once you click on the force player update, it will fix itself :) is it not letting you change the number or use the up and down arrows for it?
Sam
Sheet Author
GM Knowledge Rhino said: Samuel T. said: GM Knowledge Rhino said: Riding Beasts need Survival Skill added to their list The riding beast has a repeating section for extra skills, why would this not work there? Can survival be used as an attack skill? Because then it looks like it is a "custom" skill added rather than a (currently) RAW usage of the creature. The whole point of the API-Compatible Sheet (at least as I understood) was to pre-build in the rule allowed stuff and let people add custom stuff later. While it is likely inappropriate to add all the gear/talents (though I have a Script I made for my group for that), the base rules should be built in. The tiny amount of effort to add 1 skill that is now a part of the Riding Beast's core is not really a big deal to add and does not affect the overall speed of the sheet. Adding it, is showing "As new books and rules come out... the Sheet will support them". Not adding the rules says "Handle the new books on your own, they don't really matter to me at the moment". It is around 20 lines of code per skill if I remember correctly. Now if you do what you suggested a page or so back and create "datasets" for the repeated drop downs for Career/Specializations/Species/etc you will save hundreds of lines of code and this 20, will be meaningless, yet it will provide the Players the correct amount of control over the rules as written in the supplement books.As to "can Survival be used as an attack skill", sort of? It is so the Character can use the Beast to "Push" with the Beast. Basically there are 2 ways to handle the new rules. 1, Add Survival into the Beast's skillset. You may also need to Add Athletics as I missed the action that allows for the Player to goad the Beast into Jumping. 2, Add Athletics and Survival to Beast Abilities. Like Force Powers that have an associated Skill, the Ability can have a text box to explain what it does, and a drop down of Athletics and Survival to be able to do these two maneuvers. I personally would recommend Option 1. I don't have a problem with adding the skill, I was just pushing back a bit at adding something that I thought was covered by the repeating skill section. If you'll notice I did add the species and specializations. As far as the data lists go that change wasn't to save lines it was to remove having both a dropdown and an input box serving the same function. Currently there is not a good way to provide template data for multiple dropdowns. That's just not how html works in the scope of the character sheets.