Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SW FFG] Official Character Sheet Thread

Edited 1472619061
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In the meantime you can use the script from the dev copy of the code. It matches with the current live version of the character sheet and should tide you over until the API script is updated: <a href="https://gist.github.com/khendar/8a1c32855a3ee28af842805605dcf2ce" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/khendar/8a1c32855a3ee28af842805605dcf2ce</a>
Yep, thanks! That makes it work again.

Edited 1472665422
Is there any reason why the skill descriptions for Successes/Advantages/Triumphs/Failures/Threats/Despairs were removed (The little bubble to the right of the skill)? My group and I relied on that heavily for many months now. Also, the modify buttons being majority black but with white text is actually an amazing change for my sight impaired friend, but the red and white buttons are making it quite a bit harder on him. Is there any way the option could be added to have the black and white buttons replace the red and white ones?
I was just coming here to ask the same question as Shadico about the descriptions and suggestions. They were really awesome and useful! Is this to cut down on bloat? Or make it load faster?
Shadico- They should still be there. If you go to the GM Dice Pool sheet and find the Settings tab, you should be able to set it up so that the suggestions show up in chat when a player makes a particular skill roll. &nbsp;Those have actually been improved quite a bit. As to the buttons - I'll have to let Tim speak to that. - Matt
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Shadico: I agree about the red buttons. I'm looking into a few cosmetic changes like that at the moment.&nbsp; As for the Skill Suggestions, as Matt has pointed out these are now part of the roll mechanic. Suggestions can appear in the skill roll itself (in the chat window), or sent to the GM so they can give suggestions to the players. Personally I preferred the hover tips in the skill list myself and used them all the time, but it was a lot of bloat in the code and I couldn't justify having them in both places. I'll be updating the wiki documentation to talk about how to use the suggestions engine as soon as the API script has been updated. For now: In the GM Dice Pool there's a Settings Tab. From here you can turn General or Combat suggestions on or off. You can also change the display to show the suggestions in the Chat window with the skill roll, or Whispered to the GM. There's a third setting but that hasn't been implemented and to be honest I'm not sure what it was supposed to do. (Samuel or Rhino know anything about that?)
Martin
Sheet Author
I'm not sure if this is where I should report this, but I found a minor issue with the sheet. In the npc sheet, when rolling an npc Initiative from the npc sheet itself, everything works fine. But if I pull the initiative roll buttons to the bottom macro bar (drag a drop to create a macro on the bar), the Vigilance initiative works fine, but when doing the same with the Cool Initiative, it instead creates another vigilance iniative macro. Basically, I usually do this to find out the exact code behind the macro to create one for myself as a token macro. So when I check the vigilance Ini macro it ends up being : %{NpcName|npc-VigilanceInit} but the cool ini also gives the same : %{NpcName|npc-VigilanceInit} I have tried to manually change it to : %{NpcName|npc-CoolInit}&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; but it says no ability was found for %{NpcName|npc-CoolInit} I am able to use the longer macro to roll the cool ini in a macro but it's quite longer : !eed @{selected|npc-npc-pc} characterID(@{selected|character_id}) label(skill:Initiative Cool) skill(@{selected|npc-rankCool}|@{selected|npc-presence}|@{selected|npc-minion-group-size}|@{selected|npc-minionskillCool}) @{selected|npc-initiativeCoolDice} @{selected|dicePool} Like I said, it's a minor inconvenience since the Ini buttons on the sheet itself work fine, the issue only appear when pulling the buttons to the bottom macro bar and it's possible to use an alternate macro to get the same result, but just thought I would report it anyway. Thanks for the great work on the sheet btw, it's quite nice to have a good SW sheet that makes all those rolls so much easier :)
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Martin. I do like simple fixes. On the NPC sheet the Cool Initiative button was named npc-VigilanceInit by mistake. I have updated the sheet on the Dev version of the sheet here and it should all be working now. <a href="https://github.com/khendar/Roll20_StarWars" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/khendar/Roll20_StarWars</a>
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've just noticed that Version 6.3.0 has been pulled to the official repository now! :) You will all be able to select the official API script from the Script Library and get all the latest features.
Martin
Sheet Author
Hi Tim, thanks for the quick fix. I might have stumbled onto another small issue. -Again in the npc sheet -In the Force Powers section -After creating a force power and filling in the infos, when I click on the roll button on the right, everything works fine, rolling the associated ability and the force dice. ---When pulling that same roll button to the macro bar at the bottom of the screen, it rolls the associated ability just fine, but doesn't roll the force dice. In case that's any use, here are the macros: The one that works (based on the npc sheet force power button) : !eed characterID(@{Malefax|character_id}) label(skill:Force Power|Skill Name: @{Malefax|npc-customskillname3}|Power Name:Force Move) skill(@{Malefax|npc-rankcustomskillname3}|@{Malefax|npc-charcustomskillname3}|@{Malefax|npc-minion-group-size}|@{Malefax|npc-minionskillcustomskillname3}) 3w @{Malefax|dicePool} (gmdice) The one that doesn't roll the force dice (after being pulled to the bottom macro bar) : %{Malefax|repeating_npc-powers_-KQmte5ZPHtH0SB9m4lk_ForceSkill} I assume that isn't supposed to be how it works :) In any case, thanks again for the previous fix!

Edited 1473329992
I noticed that some time ago, there was an option to add Custom Skills on the main character sheet. Then that was removed but there were still two slots there. But, you could still add Custom Skills on the companion sheet. In the latest update, that was removed as well. I'm playing in a hack of the Edge of the Empire system to play Shadowrun, consequently, having those Custom Skills slots was really important. Now that they're gone, there are issues. Was there a reason you removed them? Was this an oversight?
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That decision happened before I took over the maintenance of the sheet so I can't speed authoritatively on it, but I would say that it was removed for space and utility purposes. Custom skills don't come up very often in the EOTE game so it was likely removed because it was rarely used. I'm curious as to why you are using the EOTE system to play Shadowrun, when there are Shadowrun character sheets available ?
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Martin - I'm afraid thats getting into areas of the sheet that I am not familiar with. I will have to take a closer look at the way the roll buttons and macros work with repeating sections in the character sheet.&nbsp;
I've got one small thing for you. In the Qualities box on a weapon, if you move to a new line (you know, hit enter) between qualities, it breaks when you make the roll. Not crashes it, thankfully.
Just a random Question but, does anyone know that the Skill suggestion section in the DicePool under the settings Tab does/changes ??
Tim P. said: I'm curious as to why you are using the EOTE system to play Shadowrun, when there are Shadowrun character sheets available ? Well, because why would I use a Shadowrun character sheet with the EotE system? To clarify, I'm not playing Shadowrun the game designed by FASA and Catalyst etc. I'm playing a hack of Edge of the Empire I made to play a game in the Shadowrun setting about Shadowrunners, because I don't like the system FASA and Catalyst made. It's a shame there won't be any option to add custom skills in the future, but we will persevere.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Linnford: That setting changes where the skill suggestions appear when you roll a skill check. Underneath are two more settings: General and Combat. If either of those are set to Yes, then the top setting can be used to display Suggestions for how to spend Successes, Advantage, Threat etc. They can appear in the Chat Window as part of the skill roll, or they can be sent to the GM only so that they can make suggestions to the players. This will only do something if one of the settings below is set to Yes.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Palimpsest: I guess I understand that. If you desperately require the multiple custom skills, you could always grab the sheet and modify it yourself to add the extra fields and then run it as a custom sheet. I'd be happy to help you out with that if you want.&nbsp;
I dont know if this has been answered before (not sure how to just search this topic) but I dont think the scrip handles Downgrades correctly. In Force and Destiny on page 30 under "Downgrading more dice than available" it says "If all potential dice are already in their downgraded form, any further downgrades are ignored." This also means that, as the next section says, upgrades need to be applied first because they may add dice to the whole dice pool. So, if I have a pool of 1 green with 2 upgrades and 2 downgrades, the script currently results in just 1 green. However, it should give 2 green because: green upgrades to yellow, extra green gets added, then 1 yellow gets downgraded, 1 downgrade gets discarded.
First, THANK YOU, thank you, thank you for all the work on this character sheet and script! Out group loves it and have been using it for the last few years. Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not... When running an encounter I typically have a variety of opponents, at a minimum 2 at maximum 5-6 different NPC opponents. That is a lot of windows to have open for a single encounter. Has anyone created any token ability macros they wish to share that makes rolling easier simply by selecting the token? &nbsp;I'm looking for something similar to what this guy has created for D&D 5e&nbsp; Taking20 .&nbsp;All this time I have not been giving my opponent NPCs character sheets simply for this reason and have been rolling physical dice instead. My macro-fu is quite weak so I have not been able to figure it out on my own.
When I try to start up the API, I get the following error message: Error setting up custom sheet: TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined I was using version 4.0.0.2 of the sheet, which I’m guessing is no longer supported, but this error was new. If I switch to the new version, will I lose stuff from the old version?
Hi Michael- I can't speak to the error - I'm not technically proficient enough to do that. But... I have successfully imported character sheets into the new version of the sheet without any trouble. I'm also unaware of any reports involving character sheets that were dramatically messed-up as a result of a move to the current version. If you want to create a test environment, you might try creating a new game with the current version, and then importing some of your character sheets into that game, just to see what they look like under the new version.
Is there a setting or information that may be keeping the Skill Suggestion whisper from working? &nbsp;As the GM I have it set to Display in Skill, but none of my players are seeing any suggestions. I'm also getting a "}" behind Skills and Qualities names.
Hi,&nbsp; I was wondering if its currently possible to use NPC stats for vehicles, I.e for gunnery and piloting checks. It seems that it only looks for the stats in the character sheet section, however for NPC pilots, especially for Minions it would be very nice if I could set it so that it will look for the NPC stats. Is this already in the sheet and I just haven't figured it out yet or could that be added in? &nbsp; Thanks
I've been using the character sheet for a while but today I logged on and found that the images for the dice and dice symbols were broken. I've tried updating to the latest version but no luck. It doesn't seem to matter if I start a new game or not either, the problem is still there.
Paul B. said: I've been using the character sheet for a while but today I logged on and found that the images for the dice and dice symbols were broken. I've tried updating to the latest version but no luck. It doesn't seem to matter if I start a new game or not either, the problem is still there. I've also got this issue, checked the URLs for the images and the domain is no longer active so it seems like they'll need to rehost the images somewhere. If someone has copies of them it shouldn't be too difficult to fix, I was trying to find them myself so I could just take a copy of the script and update the URLs...
Simon W. said: Paul B. said: I've been using the character sheet for a while but today I logged on and found that the images for the dice and dice symbols were broken. I've tried updating to the latest version but no luck. It doesn't seem to matter if I start a new game or not either, the problem is still there. I've also got this issue, checked the URLs for the images and the domain is no longer active so it seems like they'll need to rehost the images somewhere. If someone has copies of them it shouldn't be too difficult to fix, I was trying to find them myself so I could just take a copy of the script and update the URLs... Had the exact same problem right now as I was about to run a one-shot, here's some screencaps (note: I'm on a shitty Mac).&nbsp;
Same problem here, unable to see pictures, dice and to perform a roll with them, or it display me too more informations :)
Yes. Its going to be an issue until we can figure out another way to get the dice images hosted and change the url in the dice roller. Not a HUGE problem. I think I understand what is happening and could probably fix this, and would do it myself, but... I'm not very proficient at coding, and would prefer to see someone who knows what they are doing handle it. Tim? KnowledgeRhino? Samuel? Any of you out there? - Matt
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey guys. Sorry for the delay. I just woke up and saw all the messages. I've fixed the issue in the code and committed the fix to Roll20. It may take some time for the the pull request to be processed so I've put it in a JSFiddle for the time being until the request is approved. <a href="https://jsfiddle.net/khendar/zx1cp8dk/1/" rel="nofollow">https://jsfiddle.net/khendar/zx1cp8dk/1/</a> Or you can get the updated sheet and api from my github page: <a href="https://github.com/khendar/Roll20_StarWars" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/khendar/Roll20_StarWars</a> Sorry about this. I had an inkling this might happen someday; I should have moved the images to imgur when I had the chance.
Hey Tim, thanks a load for the quick fix. &nbsp;I logged in a bit ago to start prep for our next session and had just a minor panic attack! &nbsp;Good times!
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin S. said: I dont know if this has been answered before (not sure how to just search this topic) but I dont think the scrip handles Downgrades correctly. In Force and Destiny on page 30 under "Downgrading more dice than available" it says "If all potential dice are already in their downgraded form, any further downgrades are ignored." This also means that, as the next section says, upgrades need to be applied first because they may add dice to the whole dice pool. So, if I have a pool of 1 green with 2 upgrades and 2 downgrades, the script currently results in just 1 green. However, it should give 2 green because: green upgrades to yellow, extra green gets added, then 1 yellow gets downgraded, 1 downgrade gets discarded. That does appear to be a bug. I'll take a look into it for you.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael W. said: When I try to start up the API, I get the following error message: Error setting up custom sheet: TypeError: Cannot read property 'split' of undefined I was using version 4.0.0.2 of the sheet, which I’m guessing is no longer supported, but this error was new. If I switch to the new version, will I lose stuff from the old version? Yeah an updated version of the sheet should resolve that issue. The only thing that you may lose while upgrading might be any critical injuries your characters may have and potentially customised skills if you have them.&nbsp;
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Canum T. said: Is there a setting or information that may be keeping the Skill Suggestion whisper from working? &nbsp;As the GM I have it set to Display in Skill, but none of my players are seeing any suggestions. I'm also getting a "}" behind Skills and Qualities names. Do you have either "Enable Combat Suggestions?" or "Enable General Suggestions?" set to Yes? Having these set to No will result in no suggestions being displayed. Which version of the sheet are you using ? The } issue should have been fixed in the official version already.&nbsp;
Hey there, so I'm currently having a problem with one of my player's critical injuries section. More specifically... Every time my player rolls a critical injury there appears to be a negative number on the previous critical roll despite having nothing added to the offset roll, nor does he have any critical injuries on his sheet currently. We don't really have any idea what's causing it, and it looks as though its starting to get worse since it started off on -1. It originally removed 10 to the die roll, and now its removing 20. We've been trying to fix it by adding that offset to the roll and its been working so far, but its become something of an inconvenience. Also our die are messed up despite installing the new updated sheets but I guess you have that in hand already!&nbsp;
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi God (huge honour btw) If you go into your characters sheets and go to the&nbsp; attributes and abilities tab, you should be able to find a field called " character-critTotal ". This should indicate the number of critical injuries the character currently has. You might need to reset this counter manually in order to fix this issue (eg if a character has 2 crits, set this to 2). In theory this counter should never drop below 0 but depending on when you updated the sheets it might have bugged out.
That did the trick, many blessings upon you! Also, the images for the die on the sheet shouldn't be showing correctly yet, yes? Just wanted to make sure I didn't do anything wrong when updating the api or something.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Unfortunately no the images aren't going to work on the official sheets until the Roll20 dev team approve my submission, which could be days. In the meantime you can load the fixed sheet manually by grabbing it from the links above.
No need for apologies, Tim! Thanks for the quick fix.
A big thanks Tim...because of you and others that work on this means my cousins and I can all get together and play RPG's like we did many many moons ago. Question....do I add all the the codes....aps.js + cs.html + style.css or just one of the three. At the moment I have just added aps.js. Thanks again from NZ.

Edited 1475105377
Nate
Sheet Author
Tim P. said: Canum T. said: Is there a setting or information that may be keeping the Skill Suggestion whisper from working? &nbsp;As the GM I have it set to Display in Skill, but none of my players are seeing any suggestions. I'm also getting a "}" behind Skills and Qualities names. Do you have either "Enable Combat Suggestions?" or "Enable General Suggestions?" set to Yes? Having these set to No will result in no suggestions being displayed. Which version of the sheet are you using ? The } issue should have been fixed in the official version already.&nbsp; Where do I find those settings? I'm not coming up with anything.&nbsp; Edit: Looking at the HTML, I see a settings tab but no settings button appears on any of my sheets. Definitely checked that everything is updated to 6.3.2
Tim P. said: Unfortunately no the images aren't going to work on the official sheets until the Roll20 dev team approve my submission, which could be days. In the meantime you can load the fixed sheet manually by grabbing it from the links above. Any way we can help speed up that process tim! Allways makes me nervous mucking about with the API stuff
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nathan H. said: Tim P. said: Canum T. said: Is there a setting or information that may be keeping the Skill Suggestion whisper from working? &nbsp;As the GM I have it set to Display in Skill, but none of my players are seeing any suggestions. I'm also getting a "}" behind Skills and Qualities names. Do you have either "Enable Combat Suggestions?" or "Enable General Suggestions?" set to Yes? Having these set to No will result in no suggestions being displayed. Which version of the sheet are you using ? The } issue should have been fixed in the official version already.&nbsp; Where do I find those settings? I'm not coming up with anything.&nbsp; Edit: Looking at the HTML, I see a settings tab but no settings button appears on any of my sheets. Definitely checked that everything is updated to 6.3.2 The setting is in the GM DicePool sheet. In the same tab as the Display in Skill dropdown. Those settings apply for all players.
Nate
Sheet Author
Tim P. said: The setting is in the GM DicePool sheet. In the same tab as the Display in Skill dropdown. Those settings apply for all players. Okay, found it. For the Show Suggestions Button option, where would I expect to see that button? The other 3 options do what I would expect, but I haven't found where the button for suggestions would appear either on the sheet next to the skill or in the template that gets rolled.&nbsp;
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nathan H. said: Tim P. said: The setting is in the GM DicePool sheet. In the same tab as the Display in Skill dropdown. Those settings apply for all players. Okay, found it. For the Show Suggestions Button option, where would I expect to see that button? The other 3 options do what I would expect, but I haven't found where the button for suggestions would appear either on the sheet next to the skill or in the template that gets rolled.&nbsp; To be honest that one is a mystery to me as well. That was something I think Samuel or Rhino were working on but it doesn't look like it ever go implemented. I'll probably end up removing the option in the next release unless one of those guys chimes in with an explanation of what its supposed to do.
Hi guys! First of all: Thanks for you work. I love this script and am grateful for this way to play one of the best RPGs with my friends at the other end of the country. I stumbled across the problem of the missing images. I already added the provided jsfiddle script as a custom script, but I'm a bit lost at how I can add custom HTML and CSS in addition to the JS part. The dice roller itself works, but the character sheet is still stuck at 6.3.0 and uses the old image links. I could cook up a simple jquery script to replace all image src's with the updated URLs, but that seems a bit over the top. On another note: Is it possible the turn order sorting is a bit wonky? Do I really have to sort the entries "Z to A" or is there a more elegant solution? Anyway, thanks again, and any help would be appreciated. May the code be with you!
Halbam said: Hi guys! First of all: Thanks for you work. I love this script and am grateful for this way to play one of the best RPGs with my friends at the other end of the country. I stumbled across the problem of the missing images. I already added the provided jsfiddle script as a custom script, but I'm a bit lost at how I can add custom HTML and CSS in addition to the JS part. The dice roller itself works, but the character sheet is still stuck at 6.3.0 and uses the old image links. I could cook up a simple jquery script to replace all image src's with the updated URLs, but that seems a bit over the top. On another note: Is it possible the turn order sorting is a bit wonky? Do I really have to sort the entries "Z to A" or is there a more elegant solution? Anyway, thanks again, and any help would be appreciated. May the code be with you! You need to set the character sheet for your campaign to custom and paste the html and css code in the tabs that become available&nbsp;then.
Much obliged!
Hi all, first off love the work you guys have put in this, I asked this before but then it understandably got buried underneath the image issues its really great that you guys have fixed that so quickly btw. Anyway&nbsp;I was wondering if its currently possible to use NPC stats for vehicle checks, for example gunnery and piloting checks. It seems that it only looks for the stats in the character sheet section and I haven't found a way to set it to look for NPC stats which would be very nice to have, especially for Minion pilots and/or gunners it would be very nice if I could set it so that it will look for either the NPC or the character stats. Is this already in the sheet and I just haven't figured it out or could maybe that be added in? Thanks for all the hard work