Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SW FFG] Official Character Sheet Thread

Hi Martin. I am not one of the people who does the hands-on work on the sheet, but I'm pretty familiar with the sheet so I thought I'd respond. No. Currently the sheet looks can only look to PC stat blocks for vehicular attacks. Its an issue that I am hoping will be resolved in future sheets...which makes things really complicated when you have minion groups. Unfortunately, right now, if you want to use the attack roll functionality in the vehicle's sheet, you also need to be running the NPC/pilots off of PC sheets.
I'm so amazed the work people put in to make this work...thanks again. QUESTION: I have added all scripts but now the Dice Pool is empty with no dice. Character sheets are fine. Any help much appreciated. Cheers
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Good News Everyone! The official API script and character sheet have been updated with the fixed images. So if you have set up your game with a custom API and Sheet in the meantime you may now go back to using the official sheets and scripts from the dropdown lists. Thanks everyone for your patience.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Martin: What Matt said is accurate. There's currently no way to use NPCs stats on vehicle weapons. The options are to either set up your vehicle using NPCs as full characters, or just roll their Piloting/Gunnery skills manually.
GM Matt said: Hi Martin. I am not one of the people who does the hands-on work on the sheet, but I'm pretty familiar with the sheet so I thought I'd respond. No. Currently the sheet looks can only look to PC stat blocks for vehicular attacks. Its an issue that I am hoping will be resolved in future sheets...which makes things really complicated when you have minion groups. Unfortunately, right now, if you want to use the attack roll functionality in the vehicle's sheet, you also need to be running the NPC/pilots off of PC sheets. Tim P. said: Martin: What Matt said is accurate. There's currently no way to use NPCs stats on vehicle weapons. The options are to either set up your vehicle using NPCs as full characters, or just roll their Piloting/Gunnery skills manually. Alright thanks, good to know that I haven't been missing anything.
I have a question about how to stat nemesis NPC. If I use the NPC section and select nemesis, I end up having to add many skills by hand in the custom section. Am I missing something?
Hi @Guido - no you aren't missing anything. The design goal on the NPC sheet is to limit its size so that its quicker and easier for the GM to access the necessary information in-game without lots of scrolling and clicking. If you have a nemesis NPC that is PC-like in the number of skills and talents (s)he is carrying, you might want to consider running it as a PC sheet instead.
@GM Matt Understood. Thanks. I noticed a bug in my campaign at least. Weapons from the NPC section are not rolled correctly. You get some garbled output instead of the expected block in the chat. Is it a known issue?
@Guido - I just tested it in one of my campaigns. I was able to replicate what you are describing. Tim just made some changes to the sheet that host the images in a different location (the link to the previous host's images was broken), so I suspect it has to do with that. The "results" line on my rolls do look correct. Are you having a problem reading the results? Hopefully Tim will pick up on this thread again soon and have a look at it.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Strange as what  changed shouldn't have touched that section of the sheet. Could you post a screenshot of the issue as I'm currently unable to test it myself. Should give me some insight into the problem. Cheers
Just re-loaded the game that I replicated the problem in - where I had seen placeholders for image links when I tried to replicate a few minutes ago, I now see pictures of dice. I rolled a couple of additional attacks to confirm it, and they all looked fine. I am wondering possibly if the server with the images was being a little wonky for a while today.

Edited 1475379801
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The images are now on imgur, which is normally pretty reliable. Possibly a caching issue ?
Maybe? Possibly the problem I had wasn't the same as Guido's. (I do note that I had no problems getting images for PC weapons rolls, even when the NPCs were erratic) @Guido - Are you still having a problem? Any way you could post a screen shot of the results you are getting?
@GM Matt Yes, I just checked and I still have the problem when I try to roll using the weapon slot in the NPC section of the sheet. I am using the latest code from github, but that should be in sync with the version on Roll20 right now.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think I know the problem. Have you added any qualities to your weapon ? I have a feeling that the may be interfering with the roll template. Try removing the qualities, or putting them on one line separated by a comma and see if the fixes it.
The qualities with a line break between them will break the roller. I found that out a few weeks ago. Just separating them with a comma rather than putting them on a whole new line will fix it.
It was indeed the line breaks in the quality field. Thanks for the help. By the way, is it only me or there is a noticeable lag when you have multiple sheets open and roll from one of them? I am trying to find out it is the browser or the sheets.
I answered my own question. A Chrome/Chromium extension was the culprit, enpass specifically. Reporting it here on the off chance it will be useful to somebody else at some point.
Sam
Sheet Author
Tim P. said: Nathan H. said: Tim P. said: The setting is in the GM DicePool sheet. In the same tab as the Display in Skill dropdown. Those settings apply for all players. Okay, found it. For the Show Suggestions Button option, where would I expect to see that button? The other 3 options do what I would expect, but I haven't found where the button for suggestions would appear either on the sheet next to the skill or in the template that gets rolled.  To be honest that one is a mystery to me as well. That was something I think Samuel or Rhino were working on but it doesn't look like it ever go implemented. I'll probably end up removing the option in the next release unless one of those guys chimes in with an explanation of what its supposed to do. Tried to get it working but nothing I did seemed to generate the button. Though I don't know if it was because they won't work with what I was trying to do or if I was just unaware of the correct way to do it.
Has anyone developed any macros for their tokens/char sheet that they'd like to share?
I've noticed a dramatic slow-down in my dice rolls during the last week or so. Its taking maybe 5 seconds instead of 1 second to get the results of a roll. I am now running Powercards 2 alongside the dice roller, but I've been doing that for several weeks and haven't noticed this issue before. The only other difference is that I have some custom macros running on NPC sheets - mostly with just code for attack rolls. Anyone have any idea what is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this? @Tim - you still monitoring this thread?
Jason M. said: Has anyone developed any macros for their tokens/char sheet that they'd like to share? Jason- One of the things I like to do is add macros to each character sheet, that show with its token, that roll for the character's attack. It lets you roll an attack without having to open the sheet. You just need to keep the GM Dice Pool open all the time so you can add your purples, reds, and blacks.  To do this, go into the character sheet and click the attack roll for a weapon. Then, in the chat screen, press the up arrow. This will display the dice roller code for the attack. Cut that text, paste it into your macro, click on the "show as token action" option and you are ready to roll.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GM Matt said: I've noticed a dramatic slow-down in my dice rolls during the last week or so. Its taking maybe 5 seconds instead of 1 second to get the results of a roll. I am now running Powercards 2 alongside the dice roller, but I've been doing that for several weeks and haven't noticed this issue before. The only other difference is that I have some custom macros running on NPC sheets - mostly with just code for attack rolls. Anyone have any idea what is going on? Is anyone else experiencing this? @Tim - you still monitoring this thread? I'm here. I was away from things for a little bit to deal with some stuff but I'm back now. I haven't noticed any slowdown personally but then I've not been running scripts too often. Are you able to try disabling the custom macros and seeing if that gets rid of the slowdown for you ?
Tim P. said I haven't noticed any slowdown personally but then I've not been running scripts too often. Are you able to try disabling the custom macros and seeing if that gets rid of the slowdown for you ? Just tested it on a game that has no extra macros or scripts running and a LOT less sheets/content. Used to run fine. Using most recent official code. Same results. Click for a roll and it takes about 5 seconds for the results to show in chat. In the meantime, the sheet is locked up. If you aren't getting same results, that is weird. I suppose it could be an extension I'm running (see Guido's issue above). I'll play around with that and see what happens.

Edited 1478972308
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
FYI: &nbsp;if anyone is using the Lastpass extension, there seems to be an incompatibility issue with the latest update causing the slow-down/lockups on some sheets. If this is the case, you might want to drop a comment here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4215547/incompatibility-with-chrome-plus-lastpass" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4215547/incompatibility-with-chrome-plus-lastpass</a>
Vince said: FYI: &nbsp;if anyone is using the Lastpass extension, there seems to be an incompatibility issue with the latest update causing the slow-down/lockups on some sheets. If this is the case, you might want to drop a comment here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4215547/incompatibility-with-chrome-plus-lastpass" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4215547/incompatibility-with-chrome-plus-lastpass</a> Yep. Confirmed, Vince. I was running and disabled LastPass and the problem vanished. Even after I re-enabled LastPass, I was still good UNTIL I refreshed my browser. Thanks!
GM Matt said: Jason M. said: Has anyone developed any macros for their tokens/char sheet that they'd like to share? Jason- One of the things I like to do is add macros to each character sheet, that show with its token, that roll for the character's attack. It lets you roll an attack without having to open the sheet. You just need to keep the GM Dice Pool open all the time so you can add your purples, reds, and blacks.&nbsp; To do this, go into the character sheet and click the attack roll for a weapon. Then, in the chat screen, press the up arrow. This will display the dice roller code for the attack. Cut that text, paste it into your macro, click on the "show as token action" option and you are ready to roll. Awesome! Thanks! Edit: The up arrow in the chat window doesn't seem to be working. I'm not getting the dice roller code for the attack. Thoughts?
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Awesome! Thanks! Edit: The up arrow in the chat window doesn't seem to be working. I'm not getting the dice roller code for the attack. Thoughts? Seems to be working for me. This is with the latest version ?
Jason M. said: Edit: The up arrow in the chat window doesn't seem to be working. I'm not getting the dice roller code for the attack. Thoughts? Hmm....make sure your cursor is in the chat window, just like you were about to type into chat. It should work.
GM Matt said: Jason M. said: Edit: The up arrow in the chat window doesn't seem to be working. I'm not getting the dice roller code for the attack. Thoughts? Hmm....make sure your cursor is in the chat window, just like you were about to type into chat. It should work. Dur, that worked! It's always the most obvious thing... Thanks!
Just downloaded the sheet and got the dice script to work! &nbsp;Looks great! But I dont see any of the tooltips on skills and stuff. Something I need to turn on or load via API?
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Greg said: Just downloaded the sheet and got the dice script to work! &nbsp;Looks great! But I dont see any of the tooltips on skills and stuff. Something I need to turn on or load via API? The tooltips were taken off of the skills and placed in the chat window when you roll.If you go to the GM Dice pool and check out the settings tab, you can enable skill suggestions and set where you would like them to appear (in the skill roll or in the GMs chat window).
Tim....Brilliant! &nbsp;&nbsp;
So I've copied the javascript file into my game's API script, and it rolls, but the image errors. Going to the site "galacticcampaigns.com" where the images are hosted results in a DNS error.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Which version are you using Adam? The official character sheet and script from the dropdown list should have updated images.&nbsp;
When making a dice roll I get two sets of results? Why? Fix?
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jesse D. I need more specifics. What are you rolling ? Is it a Skill or a Weapon. Character or NPC sheet ?&nbsp; I've just tried the official script and it appears to be working fine so I need more information to be able to narrow the problem down. Cheers.
Tim P. said: Which version are you using Adam? The official character sheet and script from the dropdown list should have updated images.&nbsp; I've realised my mistake. I used the version from github in the first post of this thread, without realising there was a script library with an official version that I could use. Everything works great now! Thanks!
I'm getting the double roll thing too. Any time i roll a die, it goes off twice. On character side, and on GM side.&nbsp; <a href="http://imgur.com/a/CObdv" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/CObdv</a> <a href="http://imgur.com/a/y5Zee" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/y5Zee</a> This is using 6.2.0
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lee: Is there a reason why you aren't using the latest version ? Its totally up to you if you prefer the older version but its probable that the bug is fixed in the latest version.

Edited 1481814355
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It is also entirely possible that those experiencing double outputs have 2 active scripts installed, check to see if there are multiple installs and disable or delete one of them?
Tim P. said: Lee: Is there a reason why you aren't using the latest version ? Its totally up to you if you prefer the older version but its probable that the bug is fixed in the latest version. Im not the DM, just his IT guy. But he said this was the latest non-beta/alpha version he saw, what is the current version? Ziechael said: It is also entirely possible that those experiencing double outputs have 2 active scripts installed, check to see if there are multiple installs and disable or delete one of them? I had him remove all scripts and re-install to make sure this wasn't happening.&nbsp;
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lee Y: The latest version is 6.3.2, which is available through the dropdown menus on the Game API and Game Settings pages. I can take a look at 6.2.0 but if he wants to run the latest version then it should be the one from the dropdowns.

Edited 1482155722
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello, On a fresh game, when using the last version 6.3.2 from the dropdown menu, and the API script, also from the drop down menu, I have an issue with the suggestion engine. I can have the general skill to generate suggestions, both Whispering or in the roll, but whatever the setting I use I can never have the combat suggestions to work. I made sure I had the correct setting on the GM sheet. Any one reproducing this ? Thanks to every maintainer of this sheet :)
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
I also started an adaptation of this sheet to the new translation engine :&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_i18n" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_i18n</a> , implementing tags for dynamic translation. I'll send a Pull request when I make good progress, to&nbsp; Tim P. if he is around, or directly to Roll20 otherwise.
Sam
Sheet Author
Thank you everyone for continuing to support this sheet. Especially you're support&nbsp;
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Orta: nice work. Once Christmas stuff has wound up a little big I'll be happy to plug the translation stuff into the official sheet repository.

Edited 1483136143
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello everybody, I just finished a big chunk of the translation tags. Please find here the update (based on Tim. P 6.3.2 version) :&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Orta15a/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Orta15a/roll20-character-sheets</a>... Translation tags are set up for : Character sheets, Vehicle sheet and Group sheet. Pro accounts can just copy the translation file into the translation tab on roll20 custom page. There should be not impact on features whatsoever, but some playtest is very welcome ! With these tags, Roll20 volunteers will be able to propose translations, and even you. Just look at the translation folder, and start editing the JSON file ;)

Edited 1483168459
Hi there,&nbsp; I'm getting my hands dirty with these character sheets. Newcomer to Roll20 actually. I was looking to combine with this Obligation roller ( <a href="https://github.com/vbpad/EOTE/blob/master/Obligati" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vbpad/EOTE/blob/master/Obligati</a>... - it depends on attributes called "obligationmag", "obligationmag0", "obligationmag1", etc. on character sheets. It will look at all selected character tokens and check out those attributes obligations values, roll D100 and see if anyone's obligation, duty, or morality comes up. The HTML for the char sheet has named input fields called "attr_obligationmag1". When I set values for obligation fields, it doesn't set corresponding attributes on the sheet. Where are the Obligation values stored as I don't see any attributes at all that match what's set here? I can refresh and come back and they are certainly being saved. I'd modify that Obligation roller script if need be, but I just can't find where the obligation values are being stored on this character sheet. Thanks!! *Edit* In case anyone else stumbles on this. I learned that Repeating columns are hidden on the Attributes part of the char sheet in the UI but they do exist as attributes. They're being stored as `repeating_obligation_-KZIh7zEGdIJkZP1Z0EA_obligationmag1` for the value, `repeating_obligation_-KZIh7zEGdIJkZP1Z0EA_obligationtype1` for the name/type. Guess I'd need to do some real filtering on the objects and look for `repeating_obligation_` and match up those IDs to link up together. I realize that the Obligation roller script is years old at this point so clearly it has broke along the way.
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello everybody, Happy New Year ! I finished the whole implementation of translation tags to the sheet (Companion, NPC and GM sheet added). The only thing missing are the roll template, to have roll results translated also. Please find it under here :&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Orta15a/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Orta15a/roll20-character-sheets</a>... I also started the french translation, using the JSON file for french. Nothing should change for English-langage users, but feel free to playtest the new version a bit to make sure nothing is broken ;). Tim. P : if you're around, you can also take a look at the update. I'll send a Pull request to roll20 when I have a little feedback from the users, to beta test it a bit.