Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SW FFG] Official Character Sheet Thread

Hello,  Just started playing with this sheet over the holiday break. Great job! I'm relatively new to Roll20, so forgive my newbie questions 1) Is there anyway to show support ($) for content authors like this sheet?  2) Is there any roadmap to make the sheet more modular? Specifically with regards to Talents and Weapons. In making some pre-generated characters for a one off I'm hoping to run I found myself inputing Blaster Pistol stats numerous times, and it feels like an opportunity for DM's to create a library of content they can use for re-use. I feel like a library of talents / weapons could be a big timesaver. I recognize these can't be provided by the sheet, but are there concerns for DMs creating a library of their own? 
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
For your 2/, that does not exist for the moment, and I don't think it's in any short term plans for the sheet maintainer. It will require a API script to interact with the sheet, and to import Weapon stats of Talents from a JSON file with a predetermined structure, for example. The DnD 5E Shaped sheet has something of this sort, but I think it requires a lot of development work.
Forgive me if this has been asked, but I cannot find it. I recall before the API was integrated to the plug-and-play all the skills had a question mark next to them on the sheets, which you could hover over to see suggestions on what a success, advantage, triumph, failure, threat, and despair could be on this skill check. What happened to that? It was SUPER useful!
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Quoting Tim. P on the subject : "As for the Skill Suggestions, as Matt has pointed out these are now part of the roll mechanic. Suggestions can appear in the skill roll itself (in the chat window), or sent to the GM so they can give suggestions to the players. Personally I preferred the hover tips in the skill list myself and used them all the time, but it was a lot of bloat in the code and I couldn't justify having them in both places. I'll be updating the wiki documentation to talk about how to use the suggestions engine as soon as the API script has been updated. For now: In the GM Dice Pool there's a Settings Tab. From here you can turn General or Combat suggestions on or off. You can also change the display to show the suggestions in the Chat window with the skill roll, or Whispered to the GM."

Edited 1483568888
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the8bitdeity said: Hello,  Just started playing with this sheet over the holiday break. Great job! I'm relatively new to Roll20, so forgive my newbie questions 1) Is there anyway to show support ($) for content authors like this sheet?  2) Is there any roadmap to make the sheet more modular? Specifically with regards to Talents and Weapons. In making some pre-generated characters for a one off I'm hoping to run I found myself inputing Blaster Pistol stats numerous times, and it feels like an opportunity for DM's to create a library of content they can use for re-use. I feel like a library of talents / weapons could be a big timesaver. I recognize these can't be provided by the sheet, but are there concerns for DMs creating a library of their own?  1. I cannot speak for the other developers but I'm doing this for fun and am not interested in money for working on the sheet. Besides most of the core code was written by other people so I personally wouldn't feel comfortable accepting donations. If you feel you must give money,  Childs Play is a pretty worthy cause :) 2. There are more than technical issues involved with including a library of reusable items. There are limitations as to how much information we can include in the sheets. If we included every item and made it so you could automatically generate characters etc, then people would not have to buy the books, which would mean Fantasy Flight Games wouldn't get paid for their product. D&D doesn't have this problem because Wizards of the Coast have made a deal with Roll20 to include some content within the Roll20 system. There is potential for providing some sort of import feature for items and characters, perhaps in the form of a JSON field which gets parsed and then generates the appropriate item. It may be possible to do this but I have not had a look at this stage. I guess one way to do it would be to have a game that a bunch of GMs share which they can then use the transmogrifier function to copy items to and from into their own games. Not really possible for items but it could work with pregen npcs for example.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Orta said: Hello everybody, Happy New Year ! I finished the whole implementation of translation tags to the sheet (Companion, NPC and GM sheet added). The only thing missing are the roll template, to have roll results translated also. Please find it under here :&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Orta15a/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Orta15a/roll20-character-sheets</a>... I also started the french translation, using the JSON file for french. Nothing should change for English-langage users, but feel free to playtest the new version a bit to make sure nothing is broken ;). Tim. P : if you're around, you can also take a look at the update. I'll send a Pull request to roll20 when I have a little feedback from the users, to beta test it a bit. Excellent work :) I'll take a look and see what is involved in getting it incorporated. I unfortunately cannot verify the accuracy of the translation so I will have to trust you on that.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dan K. said: Hi there,&nbsp; I'm getting my hands dirty with these character sheets. Newcomer to Roll20 actually. I was looking to combine with this Obligation roller ( <a href="https://github.com/vbpad/EOTE/blob/master/Obligati" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vbpad/EOTE/blob/master/Obligati</a>... - it depends on attributes called "obligationmag", "obligationmag0", "obligationmag1", etc. on character sheets. It will look at all selected character tokens and check out those attributes obligations values, roll D100 and see if anyone's obligation, duty, or morality comes up. The HTML for the char sheet has named input fields called "attr_obligationmag1". When I set values for obligation fields, it doesn't set corresponding attributes on the sheet. Where are the Obligation values stored as I don't see any attributes at all that match what's set here? I can refresh and come back and they are certainly being saved. I'd modify that Obligation roller script if need be, but I just can't find where the obligation values are being stored on this character sheet. Thanks!! *Edit* In case anyone else stumbles on this. I learned that Repeating columns are hidden on the Attributes part of the char sheet in the UI but they do exist as attributes. They're being stored as `repeating_obligation_-KZIh7zEGdIJkZP1Z0EA_obligationmag1` for the value, `repeating_obligation_-KZIh7zEGdIJkZP1Z0EA_obligationtype1` for the name/type. Guess I'd need to do some real filtering on the objects and look for `repeating_obligation_` and match up those IDs to link up together. I realize that the Obligation roller script is years old at this point so clearly it has broke along the way. Howdy. I only just saw this post - sorry about that :( Yeh the repeating sections are tricky. If you're looking at working with them, take a look at the Critical Hits code in the API. It has been converted to a repeating section and might help you out a bit.
Tim P. said: the8bitdeity said: Hello,&nbsp; Just started playing with this sheet over the holiday break. Great job! I'm relatively new to Roll20, so forgive my newbie questions 1) Is there anyway to show support ($) for content authors like this sheet?&nbsp; 2) Is there any roadmap to make the sheet more modular? Specifically with regards to Talents and Weapons. In making some pre-generated characters for a one off I'm hoping to run I found myself inputing Blaster Pistol stats numerous times, and it feels like an opportunity for DM's to create a library of content they can use for re-use. I feel like a library of talents / weapons could be a big timesaver. I recognize these can't be provided by the sheet, but are there concerns for DMs creating a library of their own?&nbsp; 1. I cannot speak for the other developers but I'm doing this for fun and am not interested in money for working on the sheet. Besides most of the core code was written by other people so I personally wouldn't feel comfortable accepting donations. If you feel you must give money,&nbsp; Childs Play is a pretty worthy cause :) 2. There are more than technical issues involved with including a library of reusable items. There are limitations as to how much information we can include in the sheets. If we included every item and made it so you could automatically generate characters etc, then people would not have to buy the books, which would mean Fantasy Flight Games wouldn't get paid for their product. D&D doesn't have this problem because Wizards of the Coast have made a deal with Roll20 to include some content within the Roll20 system. There is potential for providing some sort of import feature for items and characters, perhaps in the form of a JSON field which gets parsed and then generates the appropriate item. It may be possible to do this but I have not had a look at this stage. I guess one way to do it would be to have a game that a bunch of GMs share which they can then use the transmogrifier function to copy items to and from into their own games. Not really possible for items but it could work with pregen npcs for example. 1) Understood, and thanks for the effort! I'll set aside some scratch for something of the sort. 2) To be clear I'm not advocating for including IP content, but merely a means for GM's to generate reusable content, like a way to save a weapon into my game for later reuse. I was thinking along the same lines as a JSON library with schemas for weapons, armor, talents.&nbsp;

Edited 1483579995
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Riding a fresh wave of enthusiasm, I went ahead and made a modification that was discussed long ago. I have stripped the Group Sheet tabs from the Player and GM sheet and put it in its own sheet that theoretically everyone can access. Before everybody had their own group sheet with separate bases and resources which didn't make much sense.&nbsp; I've set the new sheet up on a dev game if anybody wants to take it for a spin: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/1698841/J25l4g" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/1698841/J25l4g</a> There's still a few tweaks to make and I want to verify that everything still works properly before pushing it up to live.
Fantastic! &nbsp;I'd never thought of that issue but It makes more design sense for sure.&nbsp; If you ever feel like doing another change I'd love to see an implamentation that allows for minion vehicle groups. I have a workaround that does ok but would love to have it work directly in the sheet.&nbsp;
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
That's a nice idea and realization Tim ! I played a bit with it in the test campaign and it looks great :) I had a question while you're around : are combat suggestions working or are they still a WiP ?
Orta said: Quoting Tim. P on the subject : "As for the Skill Suggestions, as Matt has pointed out these are now part of the roll mechanic. Suggestions can appear in the skill roll itself (in the chat window), or sent to the GM so they can give suggestions to the players. Personally I preferred the hover tips in the skill list myself and used them all the time, but it was a lot of bloat in the code and I couldn't justify having them in both places. I'll be updating the wiki documentation to talk about how to use the suggestions engine as soon as the API script has been updated. For now: In the GM Dice Pool there's a Settings Tab. From here you can turn General or Combat suggestions on or off. You can also change the display to show the suggestions in the Chat window with the skill roll, or Whispered to the GM." Ahh thanks! Personally I prefer the hover over as well, perhaps having a setting to enable either or in the GM settings could be a thing sometime&nbsp; Tim P. ? &nbsp;
Group Sheet is nice, definitely helps break apart the monolith of the sheet. Definitely something I'd make use of! Thanks.&nbsp;
Re, pulling the group tab out of the character sheet - I *really* like this design change. It reduces potential user confusion on the character sheet substantially. My experience has been that - while the sheet is terrific - it can be a little intimidating to new users, who are trying to navigate around the various tabs. Everyone I've played with has eventually gotten the gist of how to use the sheet, but it does require a bit of a commitment to learning your way around. This is a good move toward making it more user friendly, especially for new players. Thanks, Tim!
Hey there, so, I'm running 6.4.0 with my group and we keep stumbling upon problems in the Force Powers upgrades drop down. Upon filling in the XP for the third upgrade slot, all XP costs from there on down change to whatever the number is in the third box. Any attempts to change the XP in those boxes will cause all the other boxes minus the first two to change into whatever the new XP cost typed was.&nbsp;
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
God said: Hey there, so, I'm running 6.4.0 with my group and we keep stumbling upon problems in the Force Powers upgrades drop down. Upon filling in the XP for the third upgrade slot, all XP costs from there on down change to whatever the number is in the third box. Any attempts to change the XP in those boxes will cause all the other boxes minus the first two to change into whatever the new XP cost typed was.&nbsp; Howdy. I just checked this and you're correct. It looks like all of the upgrade slots beyond slot 3 have the same upgradecost attribute. I'll get this fixed as soon as I can.
Hi. I a considering running an EotE campaign on Roll20. I noticed the current API is&nbsp;Version = 4.0.4.6, while the test is&nbsp;6.3.0b3, and it seems you are now working on 6.4. What is the expectation as to when the current API will be updated to later version? I am not versed in Roll20 API, and unclear how to install them, thus the ability to simply be able to select them when creating a game is wonderful. Thanks
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Philippe. The documentation and example screenshot version numbers need to be updated The latest version is 6.4.0. If you are running the official sheet from the dropdown list then you should have that version.&nbsp; The last change made was to add translation tags and a French translation. I have a couple of bug fixes which I'd like to roll into the next release which should be in a few weeks. If you're running the latest from the dropdown you shouldn't have to change anything; when the code is updated it should update your sheet automatically.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ahh thanks! Personally I prefer the hover over as well, perhaps having a setting to enable either or in the GM settings could be a thing sometime&nbsp; Tim P. ? &nbsp; I've looked into pulling that information into the hover section but didn't get very far with it. Perhaps an option for a later release.
Tim - we've been using this API for a few months - awesome. &nbsp; Some great improvements over previous versions (not sure if you authored those). But... (1) I / we am NOT getting the whispered suggestions on spending Adv / Threat, etc... nor are the players. &nbsp; Am I doing something wrong? &nbsp; The older API used to have small symbols of Success, Adv, Threat, etc next to the skill and hovering over those would show suggestions. &nbsp; We REALLY liked that, but getting the whisper to work would be great too. (2) I would LOVE to have the ability to play a sound (e.g. a blaster firing) when the players (or me) hit the "roll" button for a particular weapon. &nbsp; Is that possible... or would you (the scripter) have to add a field in the weapon's data? - GM Khyrith
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi BK: 1. The chat suggestions for the adv/threat etc need to be turned on in the DM Sheet. If you go to the -DicePool character sheet, and then Settings, and make sure that Show Suggestions is set to Whisper GM or Show in Roll, and make sure that General Suggestions is set to Yes below that. If you've got it configured this way and it is still not working then let me know. 2. I have not looked into the possibility of playing a sound when a weapon is rolled. It would have to be something set up by the GM as they will need to have the sound in their playlist (I believe) for the script to be able to access it. I'll add it to the suggested features list and take a look into it.
Tim - Yup, the tracks would have to be in the GM's soundlist.&nbsp; Right now, we're gonna try out using "Roll20 Audio Master" API to set up macros for the player's tokens.&nbsp;&nbsp; But that is still "two clicks" - would rather it was a single click (rolling a check from a weapon's script area) that did BOTH. Appreciate you taking it down as a suggested feature!!! -BK

Edited 1484943180
Hi. I got to play around today with the various sheets. It's very impressive, thank you for making those!&nbsp; I have quick question about the 'suggestions' when rolling a skill. I enabled them into settings (as me and my players will be beginners), and it works well when rolling a general skill. However, when rolling a combat skill or from a weapon, no suggestion is provided. I checked&nbsp;again that it is enabled for combat in the dice pool setting. Was the feature removed or am I doing something wrong?
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
I observe the same behavior Philippe. I think the Combat Suggestions are still a WiP. Most of the code is here, but I think the feature was never fully implemented (I might be wrong, and it could be a bug, but I never saw it work myself).
Tim - one other item that vexes our FFG SW group.&nbsp;&nbsp; The initiative roller produces "turns" (PC or NPC) that are in "ratio" format (success : advantages).&nbsp; We are having a HELLUVA time getting the Roll20 engine to properly "sort" those results.&nbsp; In fact, I usually have to convert the initiative results to decimals (successes . advantages) to get it to properly sort from 1-to-n.&nbsp;&nbsp; Is there a reason you set up the initiative roller to produce results that look like ratios?&nbsp; Is it possible to tweek the programming to produced "decimal" rolls - to make it easier to sort? Thanks!!! BKF
Hi! I arrived here following a thread about a FFG SW roll script from Konrad J.. When I'm using it I'm not seeing any dice or result, yet the script still says "Roll :". I tried to activate the graphics included, to no effect so far. Any idea? Or is there another script available?
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello, The script "Star Wars: Fantasy Flight Games - Dice Roller" is to be used with the Character sheet "Star Wars: FFG (API-Compatible)". You should be able to select both oh those with the drop down menus, is the Campaign option of your game. The drop down menu lets you select the latest stable verison of both those, 6.4.0 for the Sheet, 6.3.0 for the API is I am not mistaken.
Well, after some checking in the code, it seems the issue lies with the website hosting the dices icons, seemingly down. Also, is <a href="https://github.com/morval/EotEDice2/blob/master/Edge%20of%20Empire%20Dice" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/morval/EotEDice2/blob/master/Edge%20of%20Empire%20Dice</a> the link toward the current dice roller? Is it still up to date? Because it links to <a href="http://galacticcampaigns.com" rel="nofollow">http://galacticcampaigns.com</a> , which apparently is down.
Tim P.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is a very old version of the script. The latest script is available in the drop-down list on the API scripts page.

Edited 1485704649
My players have a single setback dice appearing in any combat check roll. I cant seem to track down where this culprit is coming from? The dice roller has been cleared many times and I've now manually checked EVERY NPC and PC character sheet. No setback dice selected.. any ideas? Update: Disregard. The encumbrance tracks setback dice. &nbsp;:) &nbsp; (kool btw)
&nbsp;I seem to be having trouble accessing my character sheet in the iPad app &nbsp;and my friends &nbsp;Star Wars FFG game while he has it set for "view only" ... When I pull up my character, I only get the bio and info tab... &nbsp;The character sheets and other tab do not even show . has anyone experienced this problem before? And if so do you know how to fix it?&nbsp; Thanks in advance Rob :)
BK said: Tim - one other item that vexes our FFG SW group.&nbsp;&nbsp; The initiative roller produces "turns" (PC or NPC) that are in "ratio" format (success : advantages).&nbsp; We are having a HELLUVA time getting the Roll20 engine to properly "sort" those results.&nbsp; In fact, I usually have to convert the initiative results to decimals (successes . advantages) to get it to properly sort from 1-to-n.&nbsp;&nbsp; Is there a reason you set up the initiative roller to produce results that look like ratios?&nbsp; Is it possible to tweek the programming to produced "decimal" rolls - to make it easier to sort? Thanks!!! BKF Sorting it "Z to A" should fix the problem. I personally haven't had any issues once I figured that out.

Edited 1486496851
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but there's over 20 pages of posts to go through... Is there a way to whisper a roll? Either to the GM, myself, or another player? EDIT: Did a quick search on the thread, it seems the API has to send out the dice roll results as a public chat message? So there is no good work-around other than converting standard dice or using a seperate game for whipser rolls?
Tinn said: I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but there's over 20 pages of posts to go through... Is there a way to whisper a roll? Either to the GM, myself, or another player? EDIT: Did a quick search on the thread, it seems the API has to send out the dice roll results as a public chat message? So there is no good work-around other than converting standard dice or using a seperate game for whipser rolls? If there a need for me to roll with out the players knowing, i just open a different game that i put the API into and roll there lmao
I apologize if the question has already been asked, but I searched for it and could not find an answer. Can the information in the Player Group Sheet tabs (Base of Operations and Group Resources) be shared from the -Dice Pool sheet to the PC's Character sheets? &nbsp;If so, how can I set it up to do that? I'm using version 6.4.1 right now.
Hi, I ran my 1st session yesterday, and have a question on how to most efficiently use the character sheets & GM dice pool sheet: Obligations:&nbsp;Do characters put their own obligation in their own sheet or should the GM put them all in the group sheet for one place tracking? I thought the GM group sheet would automatically pick up character sheet obligations, but unfortunately no. I am not sure how to track them all most efficiently. &nbsp;
Hey there, just wanted to check if there was any plans on adding the specializations from other sourcebooks under the career section of the sheet anytime soon? Soldier, Sentinel, and Bounty Hunter are all missing their newest specializations and without the ability to fill them in outside of the initial starting specialization, its beginning to cause some confusion.

Edited 1488239429
Philippe said: Hi, I ran my 1st session yesterday, and have a question on how to most efficiently use the character sheets & GM dice pool sheet: Obligations:&nbsp;Do characters put their own obligation in their own sheet or should the GM put them all in the group sheet for one place tracking? I thought the GM group sheet would automatically pick up character sheet obligations, but unfortunately no. I am not sure how to track them all most efficiently. &nbsp; under the dice pool area, there is a tab where you can add it for your info but you have access to all char sheets so you don't need to put it there. The players so have everything fulled out even the obligations. God said: Hey there, just wanted to check if there was any plans on adding the specializations from other sourcebooks under the career section of the sheet anytime soon? Soldier, Sentinel, and Bounty Hunter are all missing their newest specializations and without the ability to fill them in outside of the initial starting specialization, its beginning to cause some confusion. There should be a tab under Combat tab that has signature abilities. Players should enter them into the sheet this way.. by adding it into the code itself, will cause the sheet to lag.
Question on the sheet. &nbsp;So having worked with other sheets in the past, I was able to make macros that sent rolls specifically to the GM. &nbsp;Basically the way this campaign I'm working in is my character is Force-Sensitive Emergent from Age of Rebellion, but the party doesn't know this. &nbsp;So I have some basic force powers, but only want to roll my force dice to the GM. &nbsp;In pathfinder and other games I've been able to do a '/gr 1d6+5' or something similar and it just goes to him. &nbsp;I'm wondering how the dice are called on this sheet so I can make some custom macros. I did an inspect element on the dice pool roller, and found this: value="!eed characterID(@{character_id}) label(Dice:Dice Pool) @{dicePool} (gmdice)" So I know what its calling, but can't figure how to send this to a specific person, like the GM. If this has been covered somewhere else, sorry for asking again. &nbsp;But thanks in advance for your help on this matter.
Okay, so I tried adding the script; it seems to have permanently messed up the API page. I can delete other scripts just fine, but this one cannot be modified or deleted in any way. It's added a Character Sheet to every script. I have no idea what the hell is wrong or how to fix it - any ideas?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adriane R. said: Okay, so I tried adding the script; it seems to have permanently messed up the API page. I can delete other scripts just fine, but this one cannot be modified or deleted in any way. It's added a Character Sheet to every script. I have no idea what the hell is wrong or how to fix it - any ideas? This usually happens when html has been added to the API console, I'll ask a dev to poke their nose in for you. What is the name of the affected game?

Edited 1488894382
Solved: For anyone having the same issue as me, I had to select the Star Wars FFG Api-Compatible Character sheet ( that I didnt saw before because I searched for edge of the empire ) from the drop down menu when you create your game and now it works! I'm new to roll20 and a bit lost. I am using the latest script for Edge of the empire dice ( and tried older too ) from the drop down list but I can't manage to roll a dice, the !eed test work fine but there is no number output or image with !eed g# or !eed #g ( !eed log on &nbsp;and &nbsp;!eed graphics on ). I can't find what is wrong.
Hi there. I've recently started running a campaign and found this API to be a godsend, saved an incredible amount of hassle for me and my players. There are only a few problems I've had I want to ask about.&nbsp; Is there a way to have rolls on a vehicle sheet pull from the NPC section, rather than the PC section? This isn't much of an issue with Rivals and Nemeses, because I can simply fill out their character sheets as if they were a PC, but minions make it much trickier, having to manually adjust the skill rank every time one member of the group is killed. As someone that's not particularly well organised, it's easy to forget and not change the skill rank after a death, much to the chagrin of my players. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something obvious with the sheet's functionality (wouldn't be the first time) that lets me toggle between fetching PC and NPC data. If not, is functionality like that potentially on the horizon? And one other tiny issue, one of my players is a Selonian from the Suns of Fortune sourcebook, who's species trait is using their tail as a weapon. The rulebook requests using the Brawl skill, with an agility base instead of Brawn. Is there a way to have custom skills appear in the weapon skill dropdown field? I've currently been using the agility based lightsaber skill as a workaround, which suits our purposes, but will become difficult when she wants to actually start putting ranks into the lightsaber skill. Thanks.&nbsp;
Hey guys I just became a pro member to use the API script and I have to say I'm at a loss. I followed the instructions listed and I can't figure it out. None of the commands work. I know it's user error as, like I said, just became a pro for the sole purpose of using your API script. Please respond when you can!
Question on creating and using an NPC: I usually create a character sheet, and fill the NPC section in. However, even in the NPC section, it only allows me to roll Light Side points. As a GM, when I am using an NPC, I'd love to be able to roll a Dark Side point. For that, I have to go and open the GM dice pool.&nbsp;

Edited 1489527401
Philippe said: Question on creating and using an NPC: I usually create a character sheet, and fill the NPC section in. However, even in the NPC section, it only allows me to roll Light Side points. As a GM, when I am using an NPC, I'd love to be able to roll a Dark Side point. For that, I have to go and open the GM dice pool.&nbsp; You &nbsp;have to use the dice roll (dicepool or something name like that) sheet to use the dark side even when you have your NPC as char sheets, the reason why this was set up is so the players can not try to use the dark side or try to "flip a darkside with out the GM knowing about it"
Hi, Sorry not sure if this is the right thread. Love the character sheet I don't think this game would be possible online without it! Can you use a macro for skill rolls to make them token actions so you don't have to go into the character sheet every time? If so can you please provide an example of the format? Thanks Phill

Edited 1489545658
GM Matt
Sheet Author
Hey, Phillip.&nbsp; This is pretty easy to do - I do it a LOT myself for NPCs (who - for most purposes - usually just need to roll initiative and shoot) - but the trick is building the dice pool to go along with the skill roll. Here is how I do it: (1) Click on the button in the character sheet that is needed to roll the appropriate skill (2) With the cursor in the chat window (as if you are about to type something in the window), hit the up arrow key. This will give you the macro code that you need for the roll. Copy or cut that code out of the chat window. (3) Start a new macro on the character sheet, pasting in the code you just pulled out of the chat window. (4) If you know your way around the !eed dice roller, you can actually cut some of the code out that you don't want. But it works fine leaving all the code in (as long as you keep things like the character sheet and GM Dice Pool clear). (5) Add the following to the end of the marco: ?{Dice Pool}. When you roll the macro, it should begin by asking you for anything you want to add to the dice pool ("DicePool"). Type in the number and the first letter of the color of the dice you want. The only exception is that black (setback) dice are "blk" - so.... 1p 1r 2blk 1b ...will roll 1 purple (difficulty), 1 red (challenge), 2 black (setback), and 1 blue (boost) dice. Now, whenever you want to use the attack or skill, you can click on the token macro, enter the dice pool, and you are done. I also did a video tutorial on this, which you can find&nbsp; here . The description of how to set up the macro is toward the end of the tutorial.
The Lord Internet said: Hey guys I just became a pro member to use the API script and I have to say I'm at a loss. I followed the instructions listed and I can't figure it out. None of the commands work. I know it's user error as, like I said, just became a pro for the sole purpose of using your API script. Please respond when you can! LI- You need to go into Settings/Game Settings and select Star Wars: FFG (API Compatible) for your character sheet. Then, go into Settings/API Scripts and select Star War: Fantasy Flight Games Dice Roller. Have you done this? If not, give it a try. If so, invite me to your game and make me a GM for your game, and I can have a look at it. - Matt