Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Starfinder [ALPHA - WIP] Discussion Thread

I have no clue how to do so myself and we are just over 2 months away from its release so just putting it out there if anyone might take this up when the info comes out Aug 17th. Cheers, thanks Tom
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I have plans to work on one, complete with a companion script. Really just need the rules and/or a sample of the sheets to get started.
Thanks Scott, I was betting someone was going to do one eventually but no idea who that might be, slowly but surly info is seeping out from the CONS, can't wait!! Even started a Starfinder looking for players and GM's group listing Man is it GEN CON yet!! LOL Tom
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Scott C. said: I have plans to work on one, complete with a companion script. Really just need the rules and/or a sample of the sheets to get started. Only if we quit making Pathfinder Sheet Companion requests... ;-P

Edited 1496941893
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heh, I'm really just using you guys as guinea pigs for my companion script ideas and to steal all the know how on how to write a sheet ;) Tom said: Man is it GEN CON yet!! Wish I was going :(
Lots of interest for this game. I have people asking on both Paizo's message boards and well as the facebook group thats popped up. Really looking forward to running my own campaign as well on here as I already run a Pathfinder campaign. Can't wait to see what turns up on Roll20 for support the game looks like its going to do very well.
Scott posted he would so once we get the game on Aug 17th then he can start cracking on with it, and he may well post here again, hopefully on any updates. Tom
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I now have the PDF of the core Rulebook :)
LUCKY DOG, still awaiting mine, let me know if I can do anything to help, no clue what as I am not R20 Sheet savvy sorry to say bud. Cheers, happy reading!! Tom
Do you have an estimate as to how long it will take to make a sheet?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I'm hoping a week or two, but we'll see.

Edited 1502283276
Cool. I found someone on Reddit who made a fillable PDF, if it would help your work. <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/starfinder_rpg/comments/6sk4xx/interactive_character_sheet_pdf/dlde80y/" rel="nofollow">https://www.reddit.com/r/starfinder_rpg/comments/6sk4xx/interactive_character_sheet_pdf/dlde80y/</a>
just starting to build SFS tables - would love a sheet to be available

Edited 1502287674
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Demko said: Cool. I found someone on Reddit who made a fillable PDF, if it would help your work. <a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/starfinder_rpg/comments/6sk4xx/interactive_character_sheet_pdf/dlde80y/" rel="nofollow">https://www.reddit.com/r/starfinder_rpg/comments/6sk4xx/interactive_character_sheet_pdf/dlde80y/</a> Unfortunately, it's all got to be built in html/css/javascript, so there's no way (that I know of) to import a pdf, other than as a background image. chris m. said: just starting to build SFS tables - would love a sheet to be available I may not have it ready for release, but I'm gonna try to get it done as close as possible.
Scott C. said: I may not have it ready for release, but I'm gonna try to get it done as close as possible. Hey man I'll be really happy if you have it out within the week. That said if you need any basic level help feel free to message me.
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
Thank you in advance for working on this!
Hey Scott, when you do get a working version out, I'd be happy to help you beta test it!

Edited 1502758747
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ahpook The Destroyer said: Thank you in advance for working on this! You're welcome. Courtney R. said: Hey Scott, when you do get a working version out, I'd be happy to help you beta test it! Thanks Courtney, I'll need beta testers for it. Hopefully it's not too buggy, but this is my first sheet.
Ahpook
Roll20 Production Team
I will also happily beta test for ya bud.
I woult be happy to help, as well.
Zeshio
Marketplace Creator
Also, if you haven't subscribed or pre-ordered on Paizo, the PDF is finally available for download today for Starfinder for anyone interested in checking out the rules. Download is a bit slow since it's day 1 of gencon, but excited to check it out and see the reception. I have art in the works for it.
I would happily beta test for you just PM me. I will be starting a campaign and me and my players will happily be guinea pigs for you. Thank you so much for working on this! As my core gaming group has gotten older we have all moved around the US and this is the only way we can still connect and game together. Been a long time fan of Roll20 and Pathfinder and we are eager to jump into Starfinder together as well.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
PDF was actually available a week ago for some subscribers (me among them :) )
I am also happy to help beta test it, looking at running the adventure path with a couple of friends very soon.
Scott C. said: PDF was actually available a week ago for some subscribers (me among them :) ) Hi Scott,&nbsp; Are you still working on a sheet for Starfinder ? Would love to use it if you are. :)&nbsp;
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, it's still in development. Not yet ready for any use yet.
If you need another beta tester I'd be more than happy to help out, I appreciate all the work you're putting into this
Thanks for creating the sheet, I really appreciate it
Just hopped on to say thanks for what you do and I can't wait to get my Starfinder game going! (I would also beta test things if you need people, but I'm sure you have plenty)
Hey, Scott. I'm greatful that you're getting started on this so early! Was wondering though if you were planning on having the sheet include a starship page as well? Or if that will possibly be in a later version?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
There will be a PC, an NPC, and a starship display option. I haven't decided yet if there will be separate NPC/PC starship pages as I'm still working my way through the rules and am focusing on the PC section atm as I'm working to get the PC section up and running first.
Thanks for the info, and glad you have the order of things planned out.
Thanks for doin' this, looking forward to running Starfinder games.

Edited 1503208244
I just got the pdf, and I'm really hoping to try and play a little myself before I GM it! Either way, I'll need a character sheet, so another kudos to you for working on this!

Edited 1503337544
My group is very interested in a Starfinder campaign as well, and I would like to start soonish. If you need more playtesters for the sheets, let me know! Also, thank you for putting in the time to do this!
Thank you for doing this.&nbsp; If it is not asking too much, do you have an eta yet?&nbsp; No rush, just wondering.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It's going to be at least 2 weeks.
Thank you.

Edited 1503340660
Please for the love of god make it 100% manual. The auto calculating sheets have become the bane of all my new players. Going from the sheets on roll20 to IRL they are just hopeless and lazy after being used to the auto calculating sheets.&nbsp; Also it will probably make them easier to make. idk im not a sheet maker don't quote me on that. And please Please please please please. Don't stress yourself with trying to change the layout. It's good as is. seriously.&nbsp;
Madman said: Please for the love of god make it 100% manual. The auto calculating sheets have become the bane of all my new players. Going from the sheets on roll20 to IRL they are just hopeless and lazy after being used to the auto calculating sheets.&nbsp; Also it will probably make them easier to make. idk im not a sheet maker don't quote me on that. And please Please please please please. Don't stress yourself with trying to change the layout. It's good as is. seriously.&nbsp; As convenient as the auto-sheets are, I actually agree with this whole-heartedly.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sorry, won't be 100% manual. If that's what you want, then I'd recommend just using the attributes/abilities tab. This will be a sheetworker powered sheet, and once the sheet is done, there will be an API companion for it as well.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I should note though, that I'm going for the simpler version of this (think 5e OGL instead of shaped or the pathfinder sheet)
No one wants to use that stupid attributes/abilities tab when there's a character sheet available. I am also in agreement with not using auto-calculating sheetworkers and shit. All they do is make for lazy players and make it harder for GM's to add in homebrewed options.
I am hyped for the sheet./ O am a fan of auto-calculations and such, as my group tends to be fairly low-math and newbiesh. Makes it easier on all of us. So, thank you.

Edited 1503346483
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sky said: No one wants to use that stupid attributes/abilities tab when there's a character sheet available. I am also in agreement with not using auto-calculating sheetworkers and shit. All they do is make for lazy players and make it harder for GM's to add in homebrewed options . I'm hoping that the way I'm doing it will allow homebrew to your heart's content. I should have a screencap of what the main player page will look like later today. I've aimed to make it close to what the physical sheet looks like. There are of course some extra fields as being on the comp allows some stuff that just isn't possible on a hard copy.
The ridiculous stupid ass rule of "one game, one sheet" causes problems like this where the community is split on what they want out of a sheet, but have no recourse other than to make their own sheet and upload it as a custom sheet per campaign instead of just being able to select it like normal.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, here's what the core page for PCs looks like. It still has a few layout issues, but this is the general idea I'm going for. Let me know what all you Starfinder fans think:

Edited 1503351438
Edit: just a personal question why do you change the layouts. Like the default sheet is compact and easy to read. this is kinda large and spaced.. kinda sad about the auto fill but hey beggers can't be choosers.
Love it!
Ok, here's what the core page for PCs looks like. It still has a few layout issues, but this is the general idea I'm going for. Let me know what all you Starfinder fans think: I would honestly just change this format into the one that is provided in the CRB and online for free. That one is far simpler to understand and doesn't seem all over the place.