Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[SF] Starfinder HUD - Thread 1

Edited 1518546497
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Welcome to the Starfinder HUD The Starfinder HUD is a sheetworker driven Roll20 character sheet for the Starfinder roleplaying game published by Paizo. The sheet handles many of the minutiae of running a character so that you can focus on the story your party and GM are weaving and staying in character. This User’s manual explains how to use the more advanced features of the sheet. Feature Overview Quit looking through six pages of attributes for your ac. Single page character sheet for most characters. Second page only needed for spell casters. Get more out of your character - Automated buff handling and buff stacking ensures that your character is operating at peak performance. Chat menus of all character actions. Roll without even having to open your sheet, simply drag the menus to your action bar, and you're good to go Single sheet NPC statblock - You've got enough on your mind as a GM, get the information you need quickly and easily NPC statblock import - Have you created a race of sentient nebulas on the sfrpgtools monster builder, and want to get them statted out in your game? Simply copy the statblock into the importer, make a few easy changes, and click "Import" Link your starship to the characters in your party so you don't need to maintain your stats in two different places Automated handling for starship system statuses For full details on how to use the sheet, check the brand new version of the User's Manual on google drive. Want to help out with the sheet? There are many ways to help maintain and improve the sheet. Whether you can translate it into another language, are willing to beta test upcoming releases, or are an arcane scriptomancer of the html/css/javascript schools. Come join the Starfinder HUD discord channel and see where you can help out. Project Status The user's guide will be updated in the next few days. The user's guide has been completely redone, see above This marks the start of stage 4 of the sheet's development, otherwise known as the open beta. The sheet has been submitted to the repo. If it is accepted, it should show up as an option in your game settings some time next week (just in time for Valentine's Day). The Starfinder Github Repository has been reformatted. There is now a production branch (versions of the sheet that have been submitted to the Roll20 repo), and a development branch(WIP code).

Edited 1517997995
New sheet looks good Scott. Level 1 spells are no longer visible though.  Cantrips and level 2 on my player's sheets are showing but level 1 has vanished. Also for everyone else,  If you have the acp penalties typed in for them to apply to skill rolls just delete and retype them in.  They will apply to the rolls once you have done this. Just an FYI.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the report Travis. Also, anysubstantive change to the character will trigger the mod recalc
I am super psyched for this. I use this sheet for my school tabletop club and now I don't have to have a separate game for starship combat. :) I know it's a lot of work making this awesome sheet and just wanted to say thanks. THANKS!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Travis, can you give me some more details on your missing level 1 spells? I'm not seeing this behavior on my end.
Thank you for all the hard work.
I love this sheet, it looks great and the internal compendium is a great idea.  Saves a ton of time adding some of the basic items to character sheets. I did notice one issue, it looks like if you try to do a skill check with the Armor Check Penalty box checked (Acrobatics, Athletics, Sleight of Hand and Stealth) it will not complete the check.  If you uncheck the box it will work.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the report Dan, and for using the sheet, I'll look into it
It is not in the repo yet?  I don't see it in the list.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It has been submitted to the repo, but merge day was yesterday, so it won't be available for use in non-pro games till Wednesday at the earliest. As a pro, you can use it as a custom sheet, click the link at the top of the op to access the starfinder sheet repo.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, the issue with acp affected skills not rolling (due to some poor roll syntax) has been fixed. The Starfinder Character Sheet repo and the file submitted to the roll20 repo have both been updated.
Scott disregard the level 1 spells I just changed one thing on the sheet and they appeared on the character with spells.
Scott,    Either I am doing something wrong or .... This is what I am getting with roles on the starship sheet   On the second one I removed Glass off of the roles and inserted a different name but it still roles Glass's information.  The first screen with the TypeError happens on almost all of them when there is more then one name and on any of my attacks Let me know if it is something I am doing.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, nope, looks like I broke it sometime before release. I'll get that fixed up.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, found the issue with the starship roles, should have a fix shortly.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, Starship role rolls fixed. Note that weapons will not work if you do not have a dice expression in for damage. I'll fix this in the future.
Will this not show up yet for Free users? Have been waiting for this to go live, though now gotta redo all my n/pcs now. T_T
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
It won't show up for free users until merge day (typically tuesday morning). Since this is the first merge for this sheet, it will probably take a little bit longer to actually go live.
Thanks for looking at these issues quickly, but still running into some issues on the roles.  Here is an update picture I have a person in the captain role but nothing shows up in the chat as you see says captain actions with nothing.  I get that with any character in it.  Also for weapons I have a name in the gunner spot but none of the weapons when clicked it gives the no character was found errors.  For every weapon. Thanks again on all your hard work on this sheet.  I really enjoy it.  Wish I knew enough about HTML to help you out with it.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Welp, this is why I was kinda glad I missed the merge day, still annoying tho. I'll be able to take a look tonight.
Thanks for fixing the ACP issue.  I can now do acrobatics checks with ACP checked on new characters but still can't on my previous ones.  Is there something I can do to get my previously created ones to work or do I need to re-build the character?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Did you just attempt to roll the check on the old characters without changing anything? Or did you change something (an ability score, toggle the armor on/off, etc)? The sheet won't fix itself until there is an event requiring a recalc as the problem was how the sheetworkers were parsing the acp and the correct value won't get put in until there is a change to the sheet.
On my old characters it successfully rolls the check if I have heavy armor equipped but it doesn't successfully roll if I have light armor equipped.  So it seems to be only working if the ACP box is checked in combination with a penalty being applied.  Don't spend too much time thinking about it, I can rebuild characters and it doesn't look like an issue going forward.
Actually, same issue on new characters.  If you have light armor equipped it doesn't apply a penalty but also doesn't allow the roll.

Edited 1518143323
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, I've fixed the light armor issue. The problem was caused by an error in the internal compendium that was parsing null acp values (AKA most light armors) incorrectly. To have your character(s) update either 1) delete your armor and then reimport it using the compendium OR 2) open your armor entry, and then the armor's mod field - delete the line that reads " - to acp ". Also fixed the captain and gunner issue. Was caused by some debug code I accidentally left in after working on the other crew issue. To fix your ship(s), make a change to your captain and gunner fields. The sheetworker will then trigger properly.
Scott thanks for looking into these issues so quickly. The Captain role is working now but the gunner part not sure.  Any time I click on a weapon for attacking states no character was found for 'undefined' Doing great work Scott we all appreciate it.
Awesome, the ACP is working perfectly. There seems to be an issue with the bulk for several items.  Many common items that are categorized as L (0.1 bulk) in the Core book are listed with 1 bulk in the internal compendium resulting in characters becoming encumbered very quickly.  This isn't a big deal since you can manually change the value but I wanted to bring it to your attention. Examples: Grenades, Rounds, Flashlight, Serum of Healing, medpatch etc.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks Dan, The internal compendium is based on a JSON extraction that was posted in Reddit. I'm sure there are several things that are actually incorrect in there. As you find them, post them here and I'll get them updated.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This time the gunner issue has actually been fixed. Also, Travis, I noticed in your screenshots that your sheet's ship hex grid looks a little messed up. What browser/OS are you using? Dan, are you sure that the bulk of those items is incorrect in the internal compendium? They appear correct to me, but maybe it's just a specific subset of them.
I am having issues with spells for NPC's, specifically the Spell DC. In the 'Save Effect' I select the ability in the drop down with no problem but this doesn't change the DC. I can also select the save type, but I cant even see the DC to enter anything in manually (if that is even a feature). I tried both Chrome and Firefox and had the same results.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Thanks for the report Nathan.
I use Windows 10 / Google Chrome.  I wasn't aware of any hex grid showing messed up, but now you mention it I guess it is off. And everything is working on there for the issues I have come across.  Thanks Scott. 

Edited 1518306643
I'm Only seeing sheet version Starfinder v0.021509724456 in your demo beta game I think my Character needs to be deleted so I can load a new one to see the new sheet. I have tried to use the macro to recreate it but I still see the old sheet
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I haven't updated the beta game yet, had to prep for my biweekly starfinder game.

Edited 1518330296
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nathan, I just pushed an update to fix the NPC DC issue. Let me know if you find any other issues with the sheet. As a note, I also fixed several related problems with the DC (not being set on import, not being set when changed). Travis, What version of Google chrome are you using? Cause while your hex grid is messed up (the arc delineation lines aren't aligned anywhere near correctly), the border glow elements on your sections are aligned properly. On my PC, using chrome, this behavior is reversed. EDIT: Also, Beta game now updated.
I think it is fixed now Scott.  The grid went I checked the version for google it updated to ver 64 and the arc dividers are in the right spot.
Scott, thanks for the reply. I am still having a problem with it. I can now enter in the DC, however when I click off of the field, it reverts back to 10.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmmm, ok, can you post your console log for when you try to set a DC?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Figured it out Nathan. I had screwed up the change event handlers (sorry everyone) when I fixed something else. No idea how I didn't notice this before, but a new html file has been pushed which should fix the issue.
Awesome, thanks Scott! We all appreciate your hard work. My players are really enjoying the new look and the ship sheet
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Np, and glad everyone is liking it. I may have broken a few other things. I'm working up the user's manual now, and going through to demonstrate things for that is really showing some points that need improvement. But that's for the next release.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
OP updated with more general outline of the sheet features. Also pushed a new update that resolves some mishandling of ability score penalties and a few other minor bugs.
I noticed another issue with the starship AC and TL. I was able to get the proper bonuses no problem, but the total always reads as 0, not adding 10 to the Pilot and respective AC and/or TL bonuses.

Edited 1518472839
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Heh, that would be because I forgot that starship ac/tl have a base of 10. I'll get that fixed quick. EDIT: fixed, may all bugs be this easy to take care of :)
I am having an issue importing a paizo statblock from Dead Suns 1.  I am trying to import the Downside Kings Enemy into the sheet, but no matter now I paste, and make sure no bad carriage returns are in there, it won't parse.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jon, I don't have Dead suns, can you PM me the statblock and I'll see what's up.

Edited 1518485863
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, there was an issue with the regex. Who knew there were so many different characters for "-". I've updated the sheet repo with the fix to handle the pdf statblocks. Additionally, the Tactics section of the statblock is not currently supported for auto import (it's position was not stated in the statblock overview in the CRB, so I didn't know where to look for it. In the next update, I'll put handling for that in, but I don't want to mess with it the night before merge day on the repo. Simply delete the tactics section from any statblock that has it. Additional issues that you'll need to fix: the "Each" that is included for mooks (who knows why they felt it necessary) must be deleted. It doesn't interfere with all parts of the pattern, but it will break the ones that it does. Your second statblock has a lot of extra returns, make sure to remove those. That should fix it.

Edited 1518516375
Apologies if I'm just being thick, I just upped to Plus sub, but when I look in character sheets, I still don't see this. I saw in a post that I SHOULD see a link to the repo in the first post, but I don't see anything. Any help for my dumb butt would be helpful. Edit:Yup, I'm thick. Found the post, said non-PRO users will have to wait for merge, I only did plus, thus can't see custom sheets.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, on the plus side, merge day is upon us. If it is accepted, you should see it in the next few days.
Scott, I've been trying out the SRD Statblock Import feature for NPC's, I figured out how to get to import, but when I roll an attack I get the error "Unable to find a player or character with name: gm{{name=Veolisk}}" Veolisk being the name of the character.

Edited 1518547283
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Ok, the submission to the repo has been delayed due to some licensing concerns. The item compendium will not be in the sheet until I can get a firm answer from Paizo about whether equipment is covered under the OGL or not. Wing-it (github username) has been alerted to the changed code to meet Roll20's guidelines. Hopefully he's able to merge it today, but it may not be till next week.