Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[SW FFG] Official Character Sheet Thread

Hey all, I went to try and play our weekly game of Edge of the Empire tonight, and it appears that none of the dice rolling seems to work anymore. We are using the SWRPG character sheet. Has anyone else run into this issue? The sheets worked last week. Thanks
Mat M. said: Hey all, I went to try and play our weekly game of Edge of the Empire tonight, and it appears that none of the dice rolling seems to work anymore. We are using the SWRPG character sheet. Has anyone else run into this issue? The sheets worked last week. Thanks Restarting the API script usually solves this.
ok all here is a question of mine in another thread that uses this sheet i find there is a lot of skill rolls all oiver the place so i wanted to make chat macro buttons that could do it for me&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6072230/eoe-starwars-sheet-macro-questions/?pageforid=6072230#post-6072230" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6072230/eoe-starwars-sheet-macro-questions/?pageforid=6072230#post-6072230</a>
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
lordmage said: ok all here is a question of mine in another thread that uses this sheet i find there is a lot of skill rolls all oiver the place so i wanted to make chat macro buttons that could do it for me&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6072230/eoe-starwars-sheet-macro-questions/?pageforid=6072230#post-6072230" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6072230/eoe-starwars-sheet-macro-questions/?pageforid=6072230#post-6072230</a> Reposting here too for visibility :) Skill checks !eed characterID(@{character_id}) ?{Skill Type|General,?{Skill&amp;#124;Astrogation&amp;#44;label(skill:Astrogation) @{diceAstrogation} skill(@{rankAstrogation}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect}&amp;amp;#124;Astrogation)&amp;#124;Athletics&amp;#44;label(skill:Athletics) @{diceAthletics} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankAthletics}&amp;amp;#124;@{brawn}&amp;amp;#124;Athletics)&amp;#124;Charm&amp;#44;label(skill:Charm) @{diceCharm} skill(@{rankCharm}&amp;amp;#124;@{presence}&amp;amp;#124;Charm)&amp;#124;Coercion&amp;#44;label(skill:Coercion) @{diceCoercion} skill(@{rankCoercion}&amp;amp;#124;@{willpower}&amp;amp;#124;Coercion)&amp;#124;Computers&amp;#44;label(skill:Computers) @{diceComputers} skill(@{rankComputers}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect}&amp;amp;#124;Computers)&amp;#124;Cool&amp;#44;label(skill:Cool) @{diceCool} skill(@{rankCool}&amp;amp;#124;@{presence}&amp;amp;#124;Cool)&amp;#124;Coordination&amp;#44;label(skill:Coordination) @{diceCoordination} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankCoordination}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility}&amp;amp;#124;Coordination)&amp;#124;Deception&amp;#44;label(skill:Deception) @{diceDeception} skill(@{rankDeception}&amp;amp;#124;@{cunning}&amp;amp;#124;Deception)&amp;#124;Discipline&amp;#44;label(skill:Discipline) @{diceDiscipline} skill(@{rankDiscipline}&amp;amp;#124;@{willpower}&amp;amp;#124;Discipline)&amp;#124;Leadership&amp;#44;label(skill:Leadership) @{diceLeadership} skill(@{rankLeadership}&amp;amp;#124;@{presence}&amp;amp;#124;Leadership)&amp;#124;Mechanics&amp;#44;label(skill:Mechanics) @{diceMechanics} skill(@{rankMechanics}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect}&amp;amp;#124;Mechanics)&amp;#124;Medicine&amp;#44;label(skill:Medicine) @{diceMedicine} skill(@{rankMedicine}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect}&amp;amp;#124;Medicine)&amp;#124;Negotiation&amp;#44;label(skill:Negotiation) @{diceNegotiation} skill(@{rankNegotiation}&amp;amp;#124;@{presence}&amp;amp;#124;Negotiation)&amp;#124;Perception&amp;#44;label(skill:Perception) @{dicePerception} skill(@{rankPerception}&amp;amp;#124;@{cunning}&amp;amp;#124;Perception)&amp;#124;Piloting - Planetary&amp;#44;label(skill:Piloting - Planetary) @{dicePlanetary} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankPlanetary}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility}&amp;amp;#124;PilotingPlanetary)&amp;#124;Piloting - Space&amp;#44;label(skill:Piloting - Space) @{diceSpace} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankSpace}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility}&amp;amp;#124;PilotingSpace)&amp;#124;Resilience&amp;#44;label(skill:Resilience) @{diceResilience} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankResilience}&amp;amp;#124;@{brawn}&amp;amp;#124;Resilience)&amp;#124;Skulduggery&amp;#44;label(skill:Skulduggery) @{diceSkulduggery} skill(@{rankSkulduggery}&amp;amp;#124;@{cunning}&amp;amp;#124;Skulduggery)&amp;#124;Stealth&amp;#44;label(skill:Stealth) @{diceStealth} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankStealth}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility}&amp;amp;#124;Stealth)&amp;#124;Streetwise&amp;#44;label(skill:Streetwise) @{diceStreetwise} skill(@{rankStreetwise}&amp;amp;#124;@{cunning}&amp;amp;#124;Streetwise)&amp;#124;Survival&amp;#44;label(skill:Survival) @{diceSurvival} skill(@{rankSurvival}&amp;amp;#124;@{cunning}&amp;amp;#124;Survival)&amp;#124;Vigilance&amp;#44;label(skill:Vigilance) @{diceVigilance} skill(@{rankVigilance}&amp;amp;#124;@{willpower}&amp;amp;#124;Vigilance)&amp;#125;|Knowledge,?{Knowledge&amp;#124;Core Worlds&amp;#44;label(skill:Core Worlds) @{diceCore} skill(@{rankCore}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Education&amp;#44;label(skill:Education) @{diceEducation} skill(@{rankEducation}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Lore&amp;#44;label(skill:Lore) @{diceLore} skill(@{rankLore}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Outer Rim&amp;#44;label(skill:Outer Rim) @{diceOuter} skill(@{rankOuter}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Underworld&amp;#44;label(skill:Underworld) @{diceUnderworld} skill(@{rankUnderworld}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Xenology&amp;#44;label(skill:Xenology) @{diceXenology} skill(@{rankXenology}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Warfare&amp;#44;label(skill:Warfare) @{diceXenology} skill(@{rankWarfare}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#125;|Combat,?{Combat Skill&amp;#124;Lightsaber&amp;#44;label(skill:Lightsaber) @{diceLightsaber} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankLightsaber}&amp;amp;#124;@{charLightsaber})&amp;#124;Brawl&amp;#44;label(skill:Brawl) @{diceBrawl} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankBrawl}&amp;amp;#124;@{brawn})&amp;#124;Gunnery&amp;#44;label(skill:Gunnery) @{diceGunnery} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankGunnery}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility})&amp;#124;Melee&amp;#44;label(skill:Melee) @{diceMelee} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankMelee}&amp;amp;#124;@{brawn})&amp;#124;Ranged - Light&amp;#44;label(skill:Ranged - Light) @{diceLight} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankLight}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility})&amp;#124;Ranged - Heavy&amp;#44;label(skill:Ranged - Heavy) @{diceHeavy} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankHeavy}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility})&amp;#125;} ?{Difficulty|Simple (0),0|Easy (1),1|Average (2),2|Hard (3),3|Daunting (4),4|Formidable (5),5}p upgrade(ability|?{Upgrade Ability|0|1|2|3|4|5}) upgrade(difficulty|?{Upgrade Difficulty|0|1|2|3|4|5}) ?{Boost/Setback|No,0b 0blk|Yes,?{Boost (Blue)&amp;#124;0&amp;#124;1&amp;#124;2&amp;#124;3&amp;#124;4&amp;#124;5&amp;#125;b ?{Setback (Black)&amp;#124;0&amp;#124;1&amp;#124;2&amp;#124;3&amp;#124;4&amp;#124;5&amp;#125;blk} @{selected|dicePool} (gmdice) Opposed Skill checks !eed characterID(@{character_id}) ?{Skill Type|General,?{Skill&amp;#124;Astrogation&amp;#44;label(skill:Astrogation) @{diceAstrogation} skill(@{rankAstrogation}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect}&amp;amp;#124;Astrogation)&amp;#124;Athletics&amp;#44;label(skill:Athletics) @{diceAthletics} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankAthletics}&amp;amp;#124;@{brawn}&amp;amp;#124;Athletics)&amp;#124;Charm&amp;#44;label(skill:Charm) @{diceCharm} skill(@{rankCharm}&amp;amp;#124;@{presence}&amp;amp;#124;Charm)&amp;#124;Coercion&amp;#44;label(skill:Coercion) @{diceCoercion} skill(@{rankCoercion}&amp;amp;#124;@{willpower}&amp;amp;#124;Coercion)&amp;#124;Computers&amp;#44;label(skill:Computers) @{diceComputers} skill(@{rankComputers}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect}&amp;amp;#124;Computers)&amp;#124;Cool&amp;#44;label(skill:Cool) @{diceCool} skill(@{rankCool}&amp;amp;#124;@{presence}&amp;amp;#124;Cool)&amp;#124;Coordination&amp;#44;label(skill:Coordination) @{diceCoordination} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankCoordination}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility}&amp;amp;#124;Coordination)&amp;#124;Deception&amp;#44;label(skill:Deception) @{diceDeception} skill(@{rankDeception}&amp;amp;#124;@{cunning}&amp;amp;#124;Deception)&amp;#124;Discipline&amp;#44;label(skill:Discipline) @{diceDiscipline} skill(@{rankDiscipline}&amp;amp;#124;@{willpower}&amp;amp;#124;Discipline)&amp;#124;Leadership&amp;#44;label(skill:Leadership) @{diceLeadership} skill(@{rankLeadership}&amp;amp;#124;@{presence}&amp;amp;#124;Leadership)&amp;#124;Mechanics&amp;#44;label(skill:Mechanics) @{diceMechanics} skill(@{rankMechanics}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect}&amp;amp;#124;Mechanics)&amp;#124;Medicine&amp;#44;label(skill:Medicine) @{diceMedicine} skill(@{rankMedicine}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect}&amp;amp;#124;Medicine)&amp;#124;Negotiation&amp;#44;label(skill:Negotiation) @{diceNegotiation} skill(@{rankNegotiation}&amp;amp;#124;@{presence}&amp;amp;#124;Negotiation)&amp;#124;Perception&amp;#44;label(skill:Perception) @{dicePerception} skill(@{rankPerception}&amp;amp;#124;@{cunning}&amp;amp;#124;Perception)&amp;#124;Piloting - Planetary&amp;#44;label(skill:Piloting - Planetary) @{dicePlanetary} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankPlanetary}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility}&amp;amp;#124;PilotingPlanetary)&amp;#124;Piloting - Space&amp;#44;label(skill:Piloting - Space) @{diceSpace} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankSpace}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility}&amp;amp;#124;PilotingSpace)&amp;#124;Resilience&amp;#44;label(skill:Resilience) @{diceResilience} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankResilience}&amp;amp;#124;@{brawn}&amp;amp;#124;Resilience)&amp;#124;Skulduggery&amp;#44;label(skill:Skulduggery) @{diceSkulduggery} skill(@{rankSkulduggery}&amp;amp;#124;@{cunning}&amp;amp;#124;Skulduggery)&amp;#124;Stealth&amp;#44;label(skill:Stealth) @{diceStealth} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankStealth}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility}&amp;amp;#124;Stealth)&amp;#124;Streetwise&amp;#44;label(skill:Streetwise) @{diceStreetwise} skill(@{rankStreetwise}&amp;amp;#124;@{cunning}&amp;amp;#124;Streetwise)&amp;#124;Survival&amp;#44;label(skill:Survival) @{diceSurvival} skill(@{rankSurvival}&amp;amp;#124;@{cunning}&amp;amp;#124;Survival)&amp;#124;Vigilance&amp;#44;label(skill:Vigilance) @{diceVigilance} skill(@{rankVigilance}&amp;amp;#124;@{willpower}&amp;amp;#124;Vigilance)&amp;#125;|Knowledge,?{Knowledge&amp;#124;Core Worlds&amp;#44;label(skill:Core Worlds) @{diceCore} skill(@{rankCore}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Education&amp;#44;label(skill:Education) @{diceEducation} skill(@{rankEducation}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Lore&amp;#44;label(skill:Lore) @{diceLore} skill(@{rankLore}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Outer Rim&amp;#44;label(skill:Outer Rim) @{diceOuter} skill(@{rankOuter}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Underworld&amp;#44;label(skill:Underworld) @{diceUnderworld} skill(@{rankUnderworld}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Xenology&amp;#44;label(skill:Xenology) @{diceXenology} skill(@{rankXenology}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#124;Warfare&amp;#44;label(skill:Warfare) @{diceXenology} skill(@{rankWarfare}&amp;amp;#124;@{intellect})&amp;#125;|Combat,?{Combat Skill&amp;#124;Lightsaber&amp;#44;label(skill:Lightsaber) @{diceLightsaber} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankLightsaber}&amp;amp;#124;@{charLightsaber})&amp;#124;Brawl&amp;#44;label(skill:Brawl) @{diceBrawl} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankBrawl}&amp;amp;#124;@{brawn})&amp;#124;Gunnery&amp;#44;label(skill:Gunnery) @{diceGunnery} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankGunnery}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility})&amp;#124;Melee&amp;#44;label(skill:Melee) @{diceMelee} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankMelee}&amp;amp;#124;@{brawn})&amp;#124;Ranged - Light&amp;#44;label(skill:Ranged - Light) @{diceLight} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankLight}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility})&amp;#124;Ranged - Heavy&amp;#44;label(skill:Ranged - Heavy) @{diceHeavy} encum(@{encumbrancemax}&amp;amp;#124;@{encumbrance}) skill(@{rankHeavy}&amp;amp;#124;@{agility})&amp;#125;} ?{Difficulty (Purple)|0|1|2|3|4|5}p ?{Challenge (Red)|0|1|2|3|4|5}r upgrade(ability|?{Upgrade Ability|0|1|2|3|4|5}) upgrade(difficulty|?{Upgrade Difficulty|0|1|2|3|4|5}) ?{Boost/Setback|No,0b 0blk|Yes,?{Boost (Blue)&amp;#124;0&amp;#124;1&amp;#124;2&amp;#124;3&amp;#124;4&amp;#124;5&amp;#125;b ?{Setback (Black)&amp;#124;0&amp;#124;1&amp;#124;2&amp;#124;3&amp;#124;4&amp;#124;5&amp;#125;blk} @{selected|dicePool} (gmdice)
just as general feedback the sheet itself is a bit to busy and would love it if the info on the sheet would show more support for basic macros similar to how the OGL sheet is programmed.&nbsp;

Edited 1519264458
lordmage said: just as general feedback the sheet itself is a bit to busy and would love it if the info on the sheet would show more support for basic macros similar to how the OGL sheet is programmed.&nbsp; I've started up development on the quick sheet again ( as seen here ) as I've got my other side project in a good place now. Progress is slow, but moving. It cuts down on wasted space and puts the most used features on one page. No eta, but I'll post a link to the code when I am ready for some testers.
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
Eric J. said: lordmage said: just as general feedback the sheet itself is a bit to busy and would love it if the info on the sheet would show more support for basic macros similar to how the OGL sheet is programmed.&nbsp; I've started up development on the quick sheet again ( as seen here ) as I've got my other side project in a good place now. Progress is slow, but moving. It cuts down on wasted space and puts the most used features on one page. No eta, but I'll post a link to the code when I am ready for some testers. That's a great news indeed. As soon as you have a test sheet, let us know so we can give you some feedback.

Edited 1519280635
GM Knowledge Rhino said: Eric J. said: It cuts down on wasted space&nbsp; There isn't wasted space. I appreciate that you want a different form, and are working towards that with your "quick sheet", but you can work on that project without disparaging other work that has been done. Please don't get me wrong, I don't mean to put down the great work that has been done on the sheet (for the most part I am just moving the existing sheet parts around and condensing them with CSS). But I think wasted space is a fair comment. There is a lot of needless scrolling and flipping through tabs that is done currently on this sheet. There are blank patches all over the sheet that contain no buttons or any useful information that is relevant to the player. If you look at other sheets in roll20, most of them are compact with the most often used information readily accessible on the first page. See D&D 5E OGL, D&D 5E Shaped, Pathfinder, the new Star Trek Adventures sheet, etc.
GM Knowledge Rhino said: Eric J. said: It cuts down on wasted space&nbsp; There isn't wasted space. I appreciate that you want a different form, and are working towards that with your "quick sheet", but you can work on that project without disparaging other work that has been done. i would have to disagree with you on the wasted space comment part as a player who likes to use macros and chat command buttons and other workarounds to quicken game play and dynamics. i find all the white space on the sheet a bit of a waste. the macro suggestion above helped a bit but visually there are large caps of space that are IMHO not needed. i do however want to thank you for the work you put in to get the sheet to where it is with API and such which i know was no small task. as a simple example in general skills you could in theory reduce the spacing between the end of a skill and Career check box you could even shift those boxes to the other side of the skill name so you have or even have a config cog with some of those inside a drop down see OGL Sheet weapons or spells for an example.&nbsp; you could then shift knowledge skills next to it using a similar style then have weapons under knowledge you so have less overall whitespace on the CSS and reduce scrolling over all.&nbsp; How ever what is true is that the other project could be a thread unto itself when the author is ready for testers rather than derail your thread.&nbsp; using his image as an example (*see below) of what i mean to an extent above overall the sheet itself is still busy but more condensed my request for a more macro friendly Coding stands. as such i would love to be able to create a chat menu macro but due to the nature of the sheet the best i can get is a drop down menu that setup up the roll for a skill similar to how there clicked on the sheet just no need to scroll all over the place.&nbsp;
my request for a more macro friendly Coding stands. as such i would love to be able to create a chat menu macro but due to the nature of the sheet the best i can get is a drop down menu that setup up the roll for a skill similar to how there clicked on the sheet just no need to scroll all over the place.&nbsp; Hi lordmage, Could you describe in more detail what kind of macro support you are wanting? You mentioned OGL, could you give an example?
Eric J. said: my request for a more macro friendly Coding stands. as such i would love to be able to create a chat menu macro but due to the nature of the sheet the best i can get is a drop down menu that setup up the roll for a skill similar to how there clicked on the sheet just no need to scroll all over the place.&nbsp; Hi lordmage, Could you describe in more detail what kind of macro support you are wanting? You mentioned OGL, could you give an example? I'm my case I'd love to be able to create token action macros that could perform akin to how there made using the ogl sheet or the pf sheet is with @selected or @target|token and be able to break up that drop down macro into a chat menu. Button style that could be triggered on gm end to have the player pick a skill then roll it based of there sheet or simple allow. A. Player to roll a. Skill from the list and adjust for all there pluses without manual adjustments I'm a big. Fan of automation. For example I have a skill that plus 1 blue. Per. Vigilance and each time I use vigilance I forget to add those blues
lordmage said: Eric J. said: my request for a more macro friendly Coding stands. as such i would love to be able to create a chat menu macro but due to the nature of the sheet the best i can get is a drop down menu that setup up the roll for a skill similar to how there clicked on the sheet just no need to scroll all over the place.&nbsp; Hi lordmage, Could you describe in more detail what kind of macro support you are wanting? You mentioned OGL, could you give an example? I'm my case I'd love to be able to create token action macros that could perform akin to how there made using the ogl sheet or the pf sheet is with @selected or @target|token and be able to break up that drop down macro into a chat menu. Button style that could be triggered on gm end to have the player pick a skill then roll it based of there sheet or simple allow. A. Player to roll a. Skill from the list and adjust for all there pluses without manual adjustments I'm a big. Fan of automation. For example I have a skill that plus 1 blue. Per. Vigilance and each time I use vigilance I forget to add those blues Ok, thank you for clarification. I'll have to do some research, but I would suspect that updates to the API script portion of the sheet would be needed. SWFFG is kind of difficult due to the nature of the types of dice changing with each roll based of difficulty/upgrades/downgrades/etc. As I don't know what is modifying your Vigilance skill, are you unable to add "1b" in the Modifiers box on the skill to permanently roll an additional blue die?

Edited 1519328688
Eric J. said: lordmage said: Eric J. said: my request for a more macro friendly Coding stands. as such i would love to be able to create a chat menu macro but due to the nature of the sheet the best i can get is a drop down menu that setup up the roll for a skill similar to how there clicked on the sheet just no need to scroll all over the place.&nbsp; Hi lordmage, Could you describe in more detail what kind of macro support you are wanting? You mentioned OGL, could you give an example? I'm my case I'd love to be able to create token action macros that could perform akin to how there made using the ogl sheet or the pf sheet is with @selected or @target|token and be able to break up that drop down macro into a chat menu. Button style that could be triggered on gm end to have the player pick a skill then roll it based of there sheet or simple allow. A. Player to roll a. Skill from the list and adjust for all there pluses without manual adjustments I'm a big. Fan of automation. For example I have a skill that plus 1 blue. Per. Vigilance and each time I use vigilance I forget to add those blues Ok, thank you for clarification. I'll have to do some research, but I would suspect that updates to the API script portion of the sheet would be needed. SWFFG is kind of difficult due to the nature of the types of dice changing with each roll based of difficulty/upgrades/downgrades/etc. As I don't know what is modifying your Vigilance skill, are you unable to add "1b" in the Modifiers box on the skill to permanently roll an additional blue die? That is what I will do but the use case I have in mind is 1. gm can click a button call for Skill check and get a list populated in chat via a whisper to gm.&nbsp;could also use other sections as well 2. set the different difficulty die&nbsp; red blacks you name it 3. Targets player token or tokens&nbsp; then a button in chat to the targeted players would Pop up 1. ask for the player to roll and if they want to spend light side die 2. then roll against gm dice pool so the player and gm don't have to go thru the sheets to much. tldr: The button or buttons always creates a list for the gm in chat whispered. Skills,knowledge,weapons and so on To him he can then select skill and set different die on. rather than thru the sheet then the player. Could have a similar system for players when using opposing rolls.&nbsp;

Edited 1519375364
GM Knowledge Rhino said: So your request for an update to the character sheet is to make it so the sheet doesnt do anything except force you to use macros for everything? nope the wasted white space and condensing would make the sheet itself easier to use and being able to make macros would make the gm's side easier as well for those who are big on using macro's at least. nowhere in my response did i say you had to use macros just that i would prefer a better macro functions with the sheet. how ever its your work so i can't force you to change it but maybe i will have to use stylish or something to get what i want but im no css wizard if i was i would have fork your git and simply made my own sheet adjustments to the visuals&nbsp;&nbsp;
Well since. The options are current model vs shrunken model or both why not simply both.&nbsp;

Edited 1519409975
This poll is unneeded. GM Knowledge Rhino apparently still does not understand what I was building despite long conversations about it. It was never a single sheet and has always been a hybrid approach. There is simply too much data in SWFFG to exist on a single sheet. I feel I stated this clearly in my original post and mock-up: What I propose to solve this is to create two "front pages" for the characters that are a minimal in information&nbsp;that reference the Talents, Weapons, Force Powers, etc, in existing tabs . GM Knowledge Rhino apparently skipped past that part. Secondly, I will be forking the code for the project as my private conversations with Rhino have deteriorated&nbsp;beyond repair. Hopefully this version of the sheet can find an active developer and the two can coexist. edit: typo
Orta
Sheet Author
Translator
GM Knowledge Rhino said: Eric J. said: This poll is unneeded.&nbsp; Based on the results so far, I disagree.&nbsp; .... I find it kind of ironic how you reacted to "wasted space" as if someone was stabbing you in the back, but you have absolutely no problem claiming that something not even developed will "slow everyone down". At least please don't include everyone on your statement. On the topic of the sheet itself, it's a classic, and we've seen this happen before. Somebody arrives and with factual comments, finds that the SWRPG sheet is not at the level of the other majors sheets on roll20 (see OGL, Shaped, Pathfinder, Darkheresy...). The design is a mess, large chunks of codes are just copy paste, the space is not well used, forcing players and GM to switch between millions tabs to do anything. But, when that person try to improve things, talk about a redesign, or worse a global overhaul, you jump into the conversation and blast their hope away, effectively discouraging them definitively to do anything. And voila, we have sheet that did not received any update since god knows when. The only reasonable path from here, is that the persons who want to keep the sheet as is do so, and the ones that are willing to try something new (better ?) do the same.
Apparently Rhino deleted his posts. For the record, I've offered Rhino multiple chances to take a look at my code. He has refused every single time, yet continues to make unsubstantiated claims against it. I've tried to explain the features of the sheet several times to him, but again, he seems to either not understand or for some reason sees my work as a personal attack against him. This is why I decided to fork the code. I can't work with someone like that. He has been incredibly obstructionist without even taking a look at what I have built. When I hear this very thing has happened to past contributors to this sheet, well, that really nails the lid on the coffin for me. Had he taken the opportunity to actually look my work, instead of basing everything off of a 20 minute mock-up in Photoshop, he would have seen that I've modernized much of the code, converting it from tables to divs/css. It in fact has LESS code than it did previously despite the addition of another tab. He would have also seen that the sheet was in fact a hybrid, containing existing tabs with an addition of a quick sheet for the most used player actions. Hopefully either he or another developer will take up work on this project so that it doesn't fall out of use. If not, I'll be releasing my own version of it in the future with the quick sheets and updates for the latest books. Appologies for the derail, this will be my last post on the subject. I'll make an announcement soon for the new fork of the sheet.
Eric J. said: Apparently Rhino deleted his posts. For the record, I've offered Rhino multiple chances to take a look at my code. He has refused every single time, yet continues to make unsubstantiated claims against it. I've tried to explain the features of the sheet several times to him, but again, he seems to either not understand or for some reason sees my work as a personal attack against him. This is why I decided to fork the code. I can't work with someone like that. He has been incredibly obstructionist without even taking a look at what I have built. When I hear this very thing has happened to past contributors to this sheet, well, that really nails the lid on the coffin for me. Had he taken the opportunity to actually look my work, instead of basing everything off of a 20 minute mock-up in Photoshop, he would have seen that I've modernized much of the code, converting it from tables to divs/css. It in fact has LESS code than it did previously despite the addition of another tab. He would have also seen that the sheet was in fact a hybrid, containing existing tabs with an addition of a quick sheet for the most used player actions. Hopefully either he or another developer will take up work on this project so that it doesn't fall out of use. If not, I'll be releasing my own version of it in the future with the quick sheets and updates for the latest books. Appologies for the derail, this will be my last post on the subject. I'll make an announcement soon for the new fork of the sheet. Previous author of the sheet/script here. To be honest, if your redesign still uses the existing attributes then I don't see any reason to not eventually merge your code into the main repo and become the new sheet. This has been done with the Burning Wheel sheet as well. Someone else took over and streamlined and enhanced the sheet and became the new sheet. As long as you are not stepping on active development. Rhino was a developer in the past, but threw up his hands and quit when someone else criticized him and that is how this new support thread began.&nbsp;
Andrew H. said: Eric J. said: Apparently Rhino deleted his posts. For the record, I've offered Rhino multiple chances to take a look at my code. He has refused every single time, yet continues to make unsubstantiated claims against it. I've tried to explain the features of the sheet several times to him, but again, he seems to either not understand or for some reason sees my work as a personal attack against him. This is why I decided to fork the code. I can't work with someone like that. He has been incredibly obstructionist without even taking a look at what I have built. When I hear this very thing has happened to past contributors to this sheet, well, that really nails the lid on the coffin for me. Had he taken the opportunity to actually look my work, instead of basing everything off of a 20 minute mock-up in Photoshop, he would have seen that I've modernized much of the code, converting it from tables to divs/css. It in fact has LESS code than it did previously despite the addition of another tab. He would have also seen that the sheet was in fact a hybrid, containing existing tabs with an addition of a quick sheet for the most used player actions. Hopefully either he or another developer will take up work on this project so that it doesn't fall out of use. If not, I'll be releasing my own version of it in the future with the quick sheets and updates for the latest books. Appologies for the derail, this will be my last post on the subject. I'll make an announcement soon for the new fork of the sheet. Previous author of the sheet/script here. To be honest, if your redesign still uses the existing attributes then I don't see any reason to not eventually merge your code into the main repo and become the new sheet. This has been done with the Burning Wheel sheet as well. Someone else took over and streamlined and enhanced the sheet and became the new sheet. As long as you are not stepping on active development. Rhino was a developer in the past, but threw up his hands and quit when someone else criticized him and that is how this new support thread began.&nbsp; It does in fact! :) I've been very careful to preserve all attributes for the sheet. Part of the reason development has been so slow is because I've taken much care to preserve all functionality of the sheet. (That and a new girlfriend, another coding side project, uh... video games, laziness... *cough* ;)&nbsp; )
I'm having difficulty with the downgrade entry. I believe it's not acting according to how downgrades are supposed to. From Edge of the Empire:&nbsp; Similar text can be found in Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny. Checking the errata, I find no changes to this. I also included in the picture the section combining both, in case this may be off as well, though as downgrades are a bit wonky at the moment, I can't say for sure.&nbsp; The following examples are from the gm dice pool, and should not be modified. I made sure to click out of the box before clicking the dice button. Example 1:&nbsp; Now, as I read from the rules, this result should have been 3 purple, since you ignore further downgrades if all the dice are in their downgraded form. Example 2: My guess as to what's happening here is that the downgrades are happening first, leading (erroneously) to 2 purple, but then the upgrades are being applied after, to make that 2 red. Although, simply having a pool with 2 red and downgrading it twice actually produced 1 red in another test, so I'm thinking downgrades are just incorrectly removing dice before they downgrade other dice. In any event, the result, by the book, should be to first upgrade the 2 purple, then downgrade 2 of the three (now red) dice, resulting in 2 purple, 1 red. The simple fix would be to cancel up and down, but that doesn't actually work with other types of dice pools, since upgrades can add dice by the rules, while downgrades can't. For example, 1 purple, 2 red, 2 up, 2 down, should result in 3 purple, 1 red. Example 3: It seems to work with 1 up and 1 down, at least with this pool. Anyways, thanks for all the work on the sheet. It looks very involved, and other than this issue, has been great.&nbsp;
Bast L. said: I'm having difficulty with the downgrade entry. I believe it's not acting according to how downgrades are supposed to. Hi Bast L, Thank you for the awesome detailed report! I have not taken a crack at the API script yet as I've been only tackling the sheet so far, but that issue will probably be the first on my list for the API script. Could you do me a favor and repost this issue on my bug tracker? I'm going to try to keep a list of all requests and issues in one place so I don't have to read through pages of posts in the forums. <a href="https://bitbucket.org/teaseal/swrpg/issues?sort=-updated_on" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/teaseal/swrpg/issues?sort=-updated_on</a> Progress Update: I am hoping to have a first test of the updated sheet in April. It will be light on feature adds and will be mainly bug fixes and reorganization. I'll probably start a new thread on the forums when I am ready for testers. I'll need help from the community to compile a list of changes from the books released since this sheet was last updated. I know there are lots of new races with abilities that will need to be added to the sheet, there are lots of Force Power changes, but the list is incredibly large and I don't want to miss anything. I spoke to the roll20 team regarding the previous drama with Rhino and whether they felt I should fork or not fork the project. They wrote, " If you've backed up the old sheet and can roll it back in case something breaks, then why wouldn't you be able to make improvements to the current one? "&nbsp;I may do just that and simply make a copy of the current code for any future developer that wants to fork it. I'm still mulling it over. Lastly, I want to thank everyone that sent me all of those positive comments in private message. It really meant a lot and was great encouragement during a quite frustrating time.

Edited 1521149834
Bast L.
API Scripter
Edit: please don't implement my changes without checking them/more testing. I have no idea what I'm doing, and don't want to screw things up for anyone :) Sorry, I haven't used bitbucket before, and I can't seem to find a button to add an issue. Anyways, since you said it was in the API, I took a look, and I think I fixed it. I've only done minimal testing, and not even looked at negative modifiers on challenge dice (though I think those don't exist by the book). The switch case section of the code for downgrades was very confusing to me, and I ended up just replacing it with a few lines, which may be an oversimplification (perhaps it was complicated for a reason before).&nbsp; Changes are only in the section for processing downgrades, starting at line 3301, and the changes are only in the bodies of the switch cases: <a href="https://gist.github.com/Bastlifa/c0becab6119b0e774" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/Bastlifa/c0becab6119b0e774</a>...
Bast L. said: Anyways, since you said it was in the API, I took a look, and I think I fixed it.&nbsp; That's awesome! I'll test the changes as soon as I get home in a few hours and let you know if I find anything. On the assumption it works, you should add your name at the top to the contributors! :)
Bast L. said: Sorry, I haven't used bitbucket before, and I can't seem to find a button to add an issue. I turned on anonymous submissions. It required a registered account before. It should show up in the top right corner now.
Bast L. said: Edit: please don't implement my changes without checking them/more testing. I have no idea what I'm doing, and don't want to screw things up for anyone :) Great job! I ran a bunch tests and every scenario I ran performed as expected. You even fixed another bug I was aware of with the dice roller! It was improperly subtracting Ability dice when the downgrades exceeded the Proficiency dice. Your code fixes that as well. :)
Nice, glad to be of help (and fix it for my own uses :)
Bast L. said: Nice, glad to be of help (and fix it for my own uses :) I submitted a pull request and credited you in the notes at the top of the code. I also submitted a pull request on the sheet to fix the Warfare skill rolling Xenology dice and also fixed some dead images. Hopefully 6.4.3 will go out to you all next week. Meanwhile, I'll keep cracking away on the updated sheet.
Eric J. said: Bast L. said: Nice, glad to be of help (and fix it for my own uses :) I submitted a pull request and credited you in the notes at the top of the code. I also submitted a pull request on the sheet to fix the Warfare skill rolling Xenology dice and also fixed some dead images. Hopefully 6.4.3 will go out to you all next week. Meanwhile, I'll keep cracking away on the updated sheet. nice to see some progress :D can't wait for a better sheet version... as it is in one game we use the discord bot for now... much quicker at least...&nbsp;
Eric J. said: Mat M. said: Hey all, I went to try and play our weekly game of Edge of the Empire tonight, and it appears that none of the dice rolling seems to work anymore. We are using the SWRPG character sheet. Has anyone else run into this issue? The sheets worked last week. Thanks Restarting the API script usually solves this. We had this exact same issue and just fixed it! Not related to Mat M's game but thanks for this! :)
I'm using Sheet 6.4.3 and I'm getting some odd results with the Critical Injuries section. There were several times that I used the modify button and deleted the Injuries instead of healing and now I'm getting negative results. Is there a way to reset or clear out the totals?

Edited 1525761441
Chris F. said: I'm using Sheet 6.4.3 and I'm getting some odd results with the Critical Injuries section. There were several times that I used the modify button and deleted the Injuries instead of healing and now I'm getting negative results. Is there a way to reset or clear out the totals? Hi Chris F, If you go to the Attributes and Abilities tab at the top of the sheet and search for "character-critTotal", you can adjust the number there back to the number of critical injuries your character has. In your case, it looks like a setting of 0 should be correct. Also, thank you for the bug report! I'll add that to my list.

Edited 1526164063
Can anyone help me debug this? I've activated the dice rolling API and the API-compatible character sheet, but can't see the GM sheet and dice rolls don't work. Commands like !charsheet and !eed do nothing. Things I've already tried: I have a Pro subscription Turning off all Chrome extensions, and also tried MS Edge Activated the API either before or after joining the game (as GM) Restarted the API sandbox Disabled/re-enabled the API Deleted and re-added the API Switched to older API versions from the pull-down menu Thanks in advance for any help!
Ryan M. said: Can anyone help me debug this? I've activated the dice rolling API and the API-compatible character sheet, but can't see the GM sheet and dice rolls don't work. Commands like !charsheet and !eed do nothing. Things I've already tried: I have a Pro subscription Turning off all Chrome extensions, and also tried MS Edge Activated the API either before or after joining the game (as GM) Restarted the API sandbox Disabled/re-enabled the API Deleted and re-added the API Switched to older API versions from the pull-down menu Thanks in advance for any help! Hi Ryan M, Are you running any other scripts?
Thanks for your response. At first I had the FFG Destiny Tracker script running alongside, but I deactivated and removed that when I started having trouble.
Ryan M. said: Thanks for your response. At first I had the FFG Destiny Tracker script running alongside, but I deactivated and removed that when I started having trouble. Is this for a new game or an existing? Also, can you PM me your console logs when you restart the API script?
Sent the console log. It's a new game; in fact when I started having trouble I created a fresh game to test things out.
New GM about to use the current version of the sheet (at least I HOPE I grabbed the right one :) ) Is there a bit more detailed guide on 'best practices' using it? I'm going to start a game soon, so would love some more time behind the wheel to make the experience for my players the best it can be. Love the sheet though, just find it a bit clunky on first uses. Cheers!
Vince K. said: New GM about to use the current version of the sheet (at least I HOPE I grabbed the right one :) ) Is there a bit more detailed guide on 'best practices' using it? I'm going to start a game soon, so would love some more time behind the wheel to make the experience for my players the best it can be. Love the sheet though, just find it a bit clunky on first uses. Cheers! Hi Vince K, There is some information on the wiki but a lot of it is out of date. You can read those here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible</a> <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/FFG-SWRPG-Dice-Roller" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/FFG-SWRPG-Dice-Roller</a> Also, keep in mind that this sheet is designed to be used with the accompanying API script and much of it will not work without it. You will need a Pro subscription account to use the script. A major update to the sheet is coming, but my work on it has slowed as of late from real life commitments and uh... the new Battletech game.
Eric J. said: Vince K. said: New GM about to use the current version of the sheet (at least I HOPE I grabbed the right one :) ) Is there a bit more detailed guide on 'best practices' using it? I'm going to start a game soon, so would love some more time behind the wheel to make the experience for my players the best it can be. Love the sheet though, just find it a bit clunky on first uses. Cheers! Hi Vince K, There is some information on the wiki but a lot of it is out of date. You can read those here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/SWRPG-API-Compatible</a> <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/FFG-SWRPG-Dice-Roller" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/FFG-SWRPG-Dice-Roller</a> Also, keep in mind that this sheet is designed to be used with the accompanying API script and much of it will not work without it. You will need a Pro subscription account to use the script. A major update to the sheet is coming, but my work on it has slowed as of late from real life commitments and uh... the new Battletech game. Cheers Eric. I'm pro, and have all that installed. Dice work fine - just rather clunky imo (rather than feeding the output to the chat when clicking on a skill, imo it should feed to the die roller so that difficulty and such can be added). It's not very intuitive tbh, and there's NO real practical info in the wiki :( Using macros/api commands is just clunky to do what's needed :(
I am having an issue with my force power checks normally the work fine but if i choose to add a skill to the power all I get instead of a die roll is,&nbsp; Alert: Can't find character. Please update character, or npc, name field to match sheet character name and try again.&nbsp;
Doug A said: I am having an issue with my force power checks normally the work fine but if i choose to add a skill to the power all I get instead of a die roll is,&nbsp; Alert: Can't find character. Please update character, or npc, name field to match sheet character name and try again.&nbsp; Hi Doug A, That happens when there is a name mismatch between the character name and the character sheet name. Make sure they have matching values and the issue should be resolved.
If that is true I'm not sure how to fix it, my problem is everything in the combat tab works properly but force powers fail if I add any skill from the drop down to them.
Doug A said: If that is true I'm not sure how to fix it, my problem is everything in the combat tab works properly but force powers fail if I add any skill from the drop down to them. As far as I know that error only happens with the Force Powers. I've never seen a name mismatch effect anything else on the sheet. If the name looks to be typed exactly the same on the sheet name and the character name, I would double check under the Attributes & Abilities tab and scroll down until you find the "name" field. Make sure that the data there matches the sheet name. To make sure, you could even copy and paste the text from the sheet name to make sure there is a match.